Waking the sleeping giant
[html]

Welcome all! and have fun!! ^^ and feel free to post the actual walking up or joining the area; my post only covers as much as it did to make it interesting

Kota had been told the previous day that he would be the head of the foundation work on the windmill; appearently word of his plans got back to leadership. After he was told he spent the rest of the day gathering up large rocks and stones from feilds and rivers as well as streams. Now these rocks and stones sat in a pile beside him where he stood in awaiting beside the old sleeping giant. He reached up and placed a paw upon the side of the old stone that held the great beast upright. Kota smiled to it as if it were watching him "time to wake up and work once again big guy" he whispered to the creaking sounds it made.

Kota had been awaiting the arrival of his team and as they slowly arrived he turned around to face them with a smile. Silently he wondered if each one would be up to the task at hand; his pile of rock and stone was about thesame hight as he was but each member of the foundation team gather some of the bigger ones in team work that he alone couldn't get. When he was happy with the turn out but hoped more would come he began to speak "Greetings my fellow pack mates! most of you i have not met...actually none of you i have met. Though some of you may know me from the pack meeting and most likely thought i was just showing off. Well nows the time i prove my words! as well as the rest of you! we prove our love of this pack" well that wasn't exactly how he wanted to start this.

He looked around at them and again smiled "my name is Kota and though i am new here...this restoration had originally been my idea. But i couldn't do it alone...as the foundation team its up to us to support the other teams. If our work fails...theirs will as well! but lets not think of this as pure work, lets have fun! sing songs! tell jokes!" He bent down and picked up one of the larger stones in the large pile beside him and spoke again "in the first few stages of this project this is what you will be looking for. Stones...Rocks...specifically large ones that cannot be moved alone. When you find such bring them here and place them on or around this pile. we will move on from there soon. Are there any questions?"

Kota looked around at the gathered team and waited; he placed the stone back down on the pile again which came only to his knees. He personally would like to see the pile at least three times as high before the main work started in on the windmill. "i have word that the pack has a horse now that can help with the gathering of these stones and rocks, just make sure you take care that the horse isn't hurt. and remember! teamwork is key here!" he cautioned.

<style type="text/css">
.kotafeb b {font-weight:bold; color:#184a79; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;}
.kotafeb-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#473c35; text-align:left;}
.kotafeb p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.kotafeb .box {width:220px;height:300px;float:right;}
.kotafeb {margin:0 auto; width:90%; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/U55Rt.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 5px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#473c35; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:13px; text-align:left;}
</style>
[/html]
WC: 504
[html]

300+ Don't mind Cyp xD

At first the idea of fixing up the old windmill had seemed rather odd to
Cypress. The agouti male had never given any thought to what purpose the old structure might have once served. To
Cypress it was nothing more than an old relic from an age long passed before his birth. Once Mother had explained how the turning sails had once also turned the large stone work at its base to
turn grains into flour and could possibly be made to do so again Cypress could see the advantage of such a thing, even if he held no personal interest, though how its inner workings produced such a result was beyond his comprehension. Still he had volunteered
to help with the undertaking; knowing that it was important to his mother and would bring benefit to the rest of the Dreamers.

Hands would be required if Cypress was to provide any real help and so the young man had come prepared with such even though the bi-pedal form
was his least favorite. He gathered with the others near the pile of stones that had been gathered up and listened quietly as Kota began to address the group. His expression was rather neutral as he listened to the male, though it was hard not to roll his
eyes as he prattled on. The black wolf spoke too much, or so was Cypress' opinion and his attention waned as Kota went on to emphasize loyalty and the proof of his own loyalty. It was too much and Cypress gave a snort. Many of those that had left since the
war had been members far longer than Kota himself before they had left their ranks and Cypress had thought many of them to be loyal members, so of coarse he was to be skeptic of this wolf no matter what words he had to offer, only time and action would prove
anything.

Finally it seemed that Kota had nothing else to say and it seemed they were all dismissed to gather more stones. Over the coarse
of several trips Cypress brought back a variety of large stones. He didn't bother with anything smaller than his two fists put together, as well as passing up on stones that seemed to rounded to stack with the others. The hard working of lifting and carrying
the stones was quick to tire out the still weakened muscles of his shoulder though, and once the limb began to bother him Cypress started examining the foundation that remained. Once he had a basic idea of how the original foundation had been laid and pieced
together Cypress then began sorting through the pile stone. In the old foundation, the largest and flattest stones had been used near the base and it was those stone that Cypress was searching out now to make the process easier as they progressed into laying
the stones in place.

<style type="text/css">
.cypmarc1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ac9b72; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;}
.cypmarc1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.cypmarc1 {margin:0 auto; width:90%; max-width:700px;background-color:#5d3a06; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ZcaKf.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #191102; padding: 200px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#191102; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 517 :: THERE'S A SONG FOR THIS THREAD.

Giselle had been excited to hear that the Dreamer's old, rickety windmill was to be rebuilt, with a feast to celebrate all of their hard teamwork. Then again, it was fairly easy for the woman to get excited over anything in the Dreamer lands, and it was a nice change in pace to the wars, wickedness, and tension that had clung to the air like the smell of a coming storm. The red-haired woman had only seen the windmill from a distance in all her time she spent within her new home; when she finally approached it that sunny morning, it appeared to be a great castle of sorts, awaiting to be renewed.

The chocolate stoat danced from one shoulder to another as her form came bouncing up towards the others that had gathered there before her. 'Elle waved to them all happily, eager to be of help than merely standing on the sidelines. As the dark male spoke, her powered face began to grow worried, regretting her choice of outfit as was the girl's standard. Rocks, especially big rocks, were terribly heavy, and she knew she would not be able to lift them on her own. Light blue eyes were focused on the pile of rocks beside the speaking male, feeling the determination within her grow. A smile danced along her face as Kota encouraged the team to have fun as they worked, and the petite woman was inclined to do just that if it meant making the work go by quicker and making someone's day just a little bit brighter.

Kota's last words made the auburn haired femme think about Heritage, and how big he was getting to be. Oh, if only he could be the one to help them! But he was still very young, and Giselle would feel awful if she injured him, or any horse, to try and bring stones towards the old structure. With a glance to Tux, she whispered to him in words only he would understand. "Looks like we better get started~" She squeaked, a genuine smile still painted on her pretty face to show encouragement even to her tiny companion who had agreed to help that day. She watched as Cypress departed one way, and so Giselle turned and made towards another direction not far off, a song beginning to bubble up in her throat.

Just whistle while you work~ o/`

Put on that grin and start right in, o/`

To whistle loud and long~ o/`

As the female began to hum louder, she picked up a few manageable rocks in her arms and watched as Tux rolled a pebble with his nose along the earth. Without a cart or a horse, the woman would have to make several trips to the rock pile and back. A part of her wished Silvano were here, but she knew he was busy gathering other parts to aid in the windmill's reconstruction. On her way back, Giselle raised her voice towards the cheerful bird-filled sky.

Just hum a merry tune~ o/`

Just do your best and take a rest o/`

And sing your self a song! o/`

<style>
.free-a43 .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.free-a43 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.free-a43 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.free-a43 b {color:#470c09; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.free-a43 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#242424; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.free-a43 .inner{background-color:#e1ced9; background-image:url(http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/5116/tablebyanna.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:210px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Anna!
[/html]