Birds First
[html]
OOC Laughs

Dalgina raced over the territory happily. The olnayni was disappearing and revealing grass, which was strange for the winter born pup, but it was exciting as well. At this time she determined to come and play with Olnayni. The world was changing right before her eyes, but even if the rest of the olnayni melted Olnayni would still be there. They were arctic wolves together, after all. It took some time, but soon the forest she'd gotten lost in the first time she'd come through appeared. After that it was short work to find the den that Kiara lived in.

The growing pup happily trundled up, sniffing along the various paths formed from the comings and goings. Eventually she reached the entrance, and stuck her head inside. It was a good thing that it had been completed, as Dalgina's growth spurt had her at the third of a size of a full grown wolf. Barking into the darkness Dalgina listened for a reply. Deciding that it was okay to come inside Dalgina proceeded to squeeze herself down, working into the den. It was nice and roomy, and it wasn't long before her nose pushed at a pelt laying on the ground. Sneezing with surprise Dalgina stared at it as her eyes adjusted to the dim light before looking around for her friend.

<style type="text/css">
.dreamyflies b {font-weight:bold; color:#9999cc; letter-spacing:.5px}
.dreamyflies p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.dreamyflies {margin:0 auto; width:600px; background-color:#f0aade; background-image:url(http://i43.tinypic.com/w1v1ac.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #ebc7d7; padding: 300px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#93649d; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
000+

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 380

Every day her midsection was getting bigger, and everyday the puppies inside her were growing. The larger the puppies became, the more difficult it was for the expectant mother to move and to hunt. Kiara was now catching things out of pure luck as opposed to real skill. She was a fine huntress, but the extra weight was a burden on her body. In order to ease the pain in her back and legs Kiara spent a long time lounging around or sleeping in her den. Soft deer fur lined the den and atop a small pile of grass lay Kiara's precious scarf. The soft blue looked darker in the dim light, but Kiara eyed it all the same. She loved the scarf and had been extremely upset when she realized she couldn't put it back on.

The mother-to-be had woken up from her nap and simply laid still in her den for half an hour. Her body was stretched out to give her bulging stomach room. A scuffling noise alerting Kiara to activity outside of the den, her ear twitched in the direction of the entrance. Slowly she turned her head to see what was going on, only to have the dark gloom greet her eyes. Kiara squinted as if it would help her see past the dirt walls, while her nose twitched. Dalgina's scent drifted into the den, but the puppy remained at the mouth of the den. Dalgina let out her doggish bark, which was promptly returned by Kiara's own wolfish yip. Her snowy white tail began to sweep across the ground as Kiara worked herself into a more comfortable position so that her body could remain on the ground while her head was in the air.

Soon Dalgina's black form emerged from the outside world. Her body was substantially larger then the last time she had visited. The black puppy had become fairly large, although her ears and paws were still too big. A quick sneeze came from Dalgina as she approached the edge of the fur. The white wolf chuckled a little and smiled. "Present from X'yrin." Kiara wasn't sure whether she should stand or not, but her feet hurt so she decided to remain on the pelt. "Hello Dalgina. You've gotten a lot bigger."

<style type="text/css">
.ikuseiara b {font-weight:bold; color:#defff2; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#1f191b 0px 0px 1px;}
.ikuseiara p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 45px; margin:0px;}
.ikuseiara {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#979a86; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/I8xRB.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 365px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#1f191b; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.ikuseiara .wordcount {color:#000000; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; text-align:center; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.ikuseiara .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC Laughs

Dalgina's brown eyes focused on the sky blue ones from Kiara. Her tail wagged happily, cocking her head as it was explained that the pelt was from X'yrin. That was the leader, right? She was starting to get used to pack dynamics, interacting with them more fully. She knew now that Mahn wasn't just her protector, but a guardian for all the pack, and very high ranked, while Papa was ranked with the normal pack members. The rest was still being figured though. Hearing that she'd gotten bigger Dalgina giggled. Very big! Olnayni was still bigger than her though.

In fact, it looked like Olnayni had been growing too. She took up a lot more room than the last time Dalgina had stopped by. Curiously the pup studied her. Stepping closer she sniffed at Kiara. There was something different about the wolf. Her scent had changed, and she had gotten...well, fatter. Olnayni, why are you fat? Why do you smell funny? Maybe funny wasn't the exact word for it, but Dalgina was unsure of how to describe the scent wafting off of her friend. It was comforting somehow, but also scary. It was unknown, and that made it terrifying, even as she sniffed at Kiara to solve the mystery.

<style type="text/css">
.dreamyflies {margin:0 auto; width:600px; background-color:#f0aade; background-image:url(http://i43.tinypic.com/w1v1ac.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #ebc7d7; padding: 300px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#93649d; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
000+

[/html]
[html]

Sorry it's short

Word Count → 000

Dalgina was a delightful puppy, and someone who Kiara could always count on to raise her spirits. Most of the time Kiara was in a good mood, but her hormones raged and caused her emotions to be all over the place. While the young mother had started her day feeling a little indifferent to the world, after seeing Dalgina's cheery face she could only smile. Dalgina's face lit up when Kaira pointed out how big she was, causing an even bigger smile to spread across the white wolf's face. All of Jace's puppies must be as big as her and it wouldn't be long before they shifted for the first time.

Soon the black puppy had become curious about Kiara and her growth. The white wolf waited patiently as Dalgina stepped closer to her. Kiara simply smiled as the black puppies nose inspected the older wolf's scent and her face became surprised when she realized it had changed. Finally, the question came and Kiara still couldn't help but laugh. "I'm not fat, I'm pregnant. That's why I look like this, and that's why my scent has changed." The older female chuckled again, as she watched her charge's confused look and hesitant posture. Dalgina was obviously uneasy about the changes in her puppy sitter, and it was endearing to see Dalgina worried about her.

<style type="text/css">
.ikuseiara b {font-weight:bold; color:#defff2; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#1f191b 0px 0px 1px;}
.ikuseiara {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#979a86; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/I8xRB.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 365px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#1f191b; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.ikuseiara .wordcount {color:#000000; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; text-align:center; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC Laughs

Kiara's laugh was surprising. Dalgina looked up to the white wolf for some explanation of what was so funny, but none came forwards. Instead it was explained that Kiara wasn't fat, but pregnant. That being pregnant had made her so big, and changed her smell as well. That was odd, to say the least. Dalgina had never imagined the two strange occurrences were connected in any way. Dalgina still didn't get what was funny about the situation, but Olnayni didn't seem to be worried about the changes in her body. If Olnayni wasn't worried, there was no reason for Dalgina to.

Lifting her head Dalgina nodded sagely. Of course being pregnant would cause that. There was no other way to explain it. Now what did pregnant mean? Not sick. Um, growing pains? Dalgina had that happen to her a couple times, pain in her body before she suddenly grew big really fast. Maybe it had gone wrong because Kiara was an adult instead of a puppy, and supposed to be finished growing. Dalgina poked at the bulge in her friend's body, surprised when it stayed solid. That was very odd. Dalgina decided to ask right out what was bugging her. What's pregnant?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
000+

[/html]
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 000

Upon seeing Kiara's lack of worry for her situation, Dalgina had calmed down a little. Her expression turned from worried to curious and questioning. Once again, their time together had turned into an opportunity for education. However, Kiara wasn't sure how far in the lesson she wanted to go or really if Dalgina was ready for all the intricate details. One day it would have to be explained to the black puppy, Kiara just hoped that would be a time far into the future. The puppy sitter wondered if she should leave this discussion for Jace instead.

Again Dalgina's question made her laugh. It was understandable that the young female would relate Kiara's changes to her own, but the comparison was still funny. Finally Dalgina asked the older wolf about pregnancy and Kaira paused before she answered. It was really a delicate matter and there was only so much she could tell Dalgina. Not to mention the answers would only lead to more questions. "Well, pregnancy is the time before a female wolf has puppies. The reason why I have become so fat and why my scent has changed is because I have little puppies inside me. Soon, they will be big enough to come out and you will get to meet them."

Kiara smiled and wagged her tail faster as she spoke. Just the thought of having her own puppies was amazing and the young mother couldn't stop fantasizing about what her puppies might be like. They played in her dreams and haunted her thoughts when she was awake. Her due date couldn't arrive soon enough.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC this will be so awkward. good luck getting around this

Kiara laughed gently at Dalgina's foolish comparison. It had made sense to the pup, knowing that she'd hurt when getting bigger. Now Kiara was bigger, so it was similar. Or not so much. The small puppy's eyes grew bigger and bigger as Kiara explained what pregnant was. Puppies? Inside of Kiara? That meant she'd have more friends soon! Her tail wagged as she listened that they were growing inside and would soon come out. That meant the scent had changed because she was smelling the puppies and what they would be like.

Of course Kiara's answer just lead to more questions. Dalgina danced around in the small den before stopping, looking over at the white wolf. It was nice that she'd have new friends soon, but it was really weird where they were coming from. Why are they inside you? How did they get there? It would have been easier if she had been born in a time where plants were in bloom, imagining them growing like flowers, but Dalgina had no such aids to help her picture the phenomenon.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
000+

[/html]
[html]

Gee, thanks Bria.

Word Count → 000

Kiara's elation was matched by Dalinga's own excitement. The pregnant female watched as Dalinga danced around the room. It was exciting news, and just watching Dalinga run around in such a happy fashion made Kiara wish she could do the same thing. Kiara smiled and for a moment she thought that she was out of the woods. However, just as abruptly as the puppy's excited running had started, Dalgina stopped. The questions were written all over the black puppy's face. If Kiara were human she would have been sweating bullets. She knew where the conversation was going and really wished it wouldn't go that way. Despite her prayers, Dalgina asked her questions and Kiara wanted to shrink into oblivion.

"Well, Dalgina, you see...it's um, very complicated..." The white wolf eyed Dalgina, she was so big but she wasn't old enough to hear the intimate details involved in the puppy making process. Just then a brilliant thought stuck Kiara and she smiled. "The puppies are inside of me because they are so tiny. They are protected and when they get big enough they will come out. Just wait a few weeks, you'll see." One question down, one to go...hopefully.

Dalgina's second question was a lot harder than her first one. While Kiara was able to think of a clever truth to avoid telling the very adult one, she didn't know anyway to get around how the puppies got inside of her. The arctic wolf thought back to her own mother and what she would say. "They were a blessing from the Great Mother. She gave them to me and put them inside me." It wasn't exactly a lie...not really. Some believed those stories, including Dalgina's own mother. However, Kiara didn't want anymore questions about her and her situation so she quickly changed the subject. "So what brings you to my den, Dalgina? Did you want to play?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC Laughs

Dalgina cocked her head curiously at the expression on Kiara's face. Her friend seemed very worried, grasping for something. Her questions weren't that unusual, were they? Dalgina looked over them again. They made sense. Dalgina had no idea why the pups were inside Kiara, or how they got there. Anyone would want to know that. Expectantly Dalgina watched the white wolf, eyes boring into her. Told that the pups were too tiny and inside for protection made perfect sense to Dalgina. She nodded her head, agreeing. Kiara was great at taking care of things. She was a great choice for protecting her new friends until they were ready.

The second answer made sense as well, since Dalgina had been told about the Great Mother as a pup. Hearing that She was the one to grant Kiara puppies had Dalgina nodding along sagely, devout belief in her puppy face for a few seconds before disappearing with the question she was given. Her tail wagged happily, full of spirit. The only time Dalgina ever thought about deities was when adults mentioned them, believing they were there and worthy of respect but otherwise completely ignoring their existence. Yes! The olnayni is melting, and I wanted to make sure you wouldn't. The disappearance was very strange for a pup who had lived her whole life with the olnayni.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
000+

[/html]
[html]

I am the queen of loop holes!

Word Count → 315

To Kiara's extraordinary relief, Dalgina accepted both of her explanations without question. For once, her prayers had been answered. Kaira made a mental not to ask Jace to talk her children about puppies and how they were made. If Dalgina was asking the questions already, then how long would it take for the rest of her children to ask the same questions? The white wolf just thanked her lucky stars that she didn't have to answer any more of Dalgina's questions on the matter. Although, she dreaded the thought that the topic might come up again. It was awkward and she wasn't Dalgina's mother.

Despite the fact that the puppy sitter had been born in the spring time, she understood the black puppy's confusion. Kiara remembered her first snowy day, and how confused she had been to see the world was blanketed with snow. Although her first experience with fall was both wonderful and terrifying. Everything had turned golden and red, and then suddenly the world looked like it had died. The arctic wolf had run around in a panic till her farther took her aside and explained everything to her.

The white wolf smiled and chuckled a little, the notion of her melting away also fairly funny. "No, I won't melt like the snow. Although I will get smaller. Now that spring is on it's way our winter coats will shed to prepare for the heat of summer. Don't worry, it happens every year. Winter is cold and full of snow. Spring is warm and green. Summer is hot and great for swimming. Fall is cool and the leaves become the color of fire. Soon, instead of snow, you will be able to play in grass and fields of flowers." The idea of puppies playing in the grass only made the expectant mother think of her own children. If only she could see them.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC Laughs

Dalgina pouted as Kiara laughed at her. She didn't think her worries were funny at all. She didn't want to see her friend washed away with the rest of the olnayni that seemed to be fading away. Relief showed as she was assured that Olnayni wouldn't be going anywhere, staying with Dalgina to keep playing with her and teaching her things. There was so much in the world that was strange to the pup, hundreds of new things that she learned every day. Her ears flattened in disbelief as she was told that Kiara would get smaller again. That seemed silly. Why would one get bigger only to shrink?

Hearing about the seasons and that it happened every year Dalgina's eyes widened. It appeared a year was a lot longer than she had thought. X'yrin had told her a year would be over when she was bigger, but Olnayni said it involved a cycle passing through. Full of wonder Dalgina moved over to snuggle up to the white wolf. Her brown eyes stared up happily. Every year? Will the puppies be here too? I can play with them? We'll all be together! Her eyes shone with the thought of all of them being together and cared for.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
000+

[/html]
[html]

OOC

Word Count → Short

Explaining complex ideas to puppies was always difficult. It meant Kiara had to simplify her explanation in a way that was not only correct but easy for puppies to understand. Unfortunately, Kiara wasn't the brightest wolf out there and thinking of how to get around questions and complex answers was never easy for her. It was especially true around Dalgina. Dalgina loved to ask question and enjoyed learning about the world. The young mother predicted that as the year progressed, Dalgina's questions would become more frequent and harder to answer. Luckily for Kiara, the black puppy swallowed her explanation easily enough.

As the older wolf spoke of the season brown eyes became saucers. It seemed to her that Dalgina loved the idea of the changing season and the wonder-filled puppy crept closer to her puppy sitter. As Dalgina snuggled up against Kiara, she couldn't help but notice again just how big the puppy had grown. Kiara nuzzled the top of her head, almost wishing that Dalgina wouldn't grow any bigger. Again, the young female asked Kaira questions, her shining eyes stared at the older wolf who was supposed to have all the answers. "Yes every year. Although, I can't make any promises about puppies. You should talk to your mother about that. However, when my puppies come you can play with them. In fact, we can all play together."

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC Laughs

Dalgina still fit easily under Kiara's head without having to crouch down, not quite that big yet. Her tail thumped happily as she was nuzzled, enjoying the soft touch. As always Kiara knew just what to say, explaining the world to Dalgina in a way she could understand. Already in her mind Dalgina could picture the seasons rotating through. The variation wasn't much, unable to truly picture what it would look like. The entire world was green, even the trees' bark, then changed to summer with heat pressing down, the water splashing over the land, inviting them to dive into it. Then the water retreated, the world flashed with red and gold, and the olnayni returned again.

It sounded amazing, something to watch over and over again. Dalgina swore that she would never get tired of watching the world change, always ready to welcome it. The promise for them all to play together had her tail thumping happily. She poked at the stomach, staring at it with excitement. When will they be ready? She couldn't wait for her new friends to come out to play. Can they hear me? Can I tell them a story? Will you tell a story? She looked up at Kiara, full of questions and dreams.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
000+

[/html]
[html]

Where I got the story-Video

Word Count → 770

The young mother smiled as she watched Dalgina's happy face fill with wonder. Her small tail thumped happily against the deer fur and her bright smile lit up the dark den. The young puppy had accepted the older wolf's explanation of the seasons and they both sat quietly for a few moments. A small paw pressed against her side and the blues gazed at her bulging body. The silence didn't last and soon Dalgian's questions swarmed Kiara. "Well, I can't say for certain but I'm sure they will be ready in a few weeks. They are getting bigger so it wont be long now."

Kiara couldn't help but tilt her head in thought at Dalgina's second question. She didn't know if the puppies could hear her. She doubted it. Puppies were born blind and deaf, so it would make sense if they couldn't hear while they resided in her womb. However, it was simply a guess so Kiara shook her head. "I don't know if they can hear us, but I can tell you story." Teeth flashed as memories of her own puppy-hood flooded her mind. She knew so many stories. Both her mother and father had told her lots of stories, although Kiara liked the ones her father told her a lot better then the ones her mother recited. The arctic wolf dug through her mind as she sifted out her favorite stories. There were some about wolves, some about man, and some that were the stuff of imagination. The puppy sitter figured that Dalgina would like the last category best.

"Alright, listen closely because this story takes place a long time ago. Back when there was only one of every animal and man was still alive. Back when everyone spoke the same language and it was easy to understand one another. This is the story of how Raven stole the Moon. Raven was a lot like they are today. He was a large and intelligent bird with a very bad habit. Raven was a trickster and he loved to steal shiny things. And every night, Raven would sit on the top of his tree and he would admire the shiniest object of them all, the Moon. One night, Raven flew to the tallest tree on top of the tallest mountain. He sat and waited for the Sun to set and for the Moon to rise.

"When the Moon passed closed to Raven, he reached out and grabbed the Moon in his beak. Raven was so happy that he decided to go show his friend Wolf what he had done. Raven flew off into the forest in search of Wolf and he used the Moon to light his way. It didn't take long for Raven to find his friend and soon Raven was bragging to Wolf about what he had done. At first Wolf was surprised, but soon she grew angry. 'Put the Moon back Raven,' she growled. 'It doesn't belong too you.' But Raven refused and that made Wolf even angrier. Wolf lunged forward and tried to grab the Moon, but Raven flew off before she could take it.

"In order to escape Wolf, Raven flew over the ocean where he knew Wolf could not follow. But the light of the Moon attracted Killer Whale who came to the surface to see what was going on. When Whale saw the Moon in Raven's beak, he too grew angry and tried to take the Moon from Raven. He launched himself out of the water and lunged at Raven, but Raven was too quick and managed to get away. By this point in time Raven was tired and he flew back to the mountain where he had stolen the Moon. Raven dropped the Moon on the ground and looked at it. It was so troublesome for him to carry the Moon around, everyone kept attacking him. But Raven didn't want to put the Moon back. It was so shiny and he had worked so hard to steal it.

"'So, it was you all along.' said a voice from above. Surprised Raven looked up into the trees and saw Eagle. Again Eagle spoke, 'Only you would dare to steal the Moon. Come up here and sit by me.' Curious, Raven flew up into the trees to join Eagle. The wise Eagle leaned close to Raven and said quietly, 'If you put the Moon back, you can steal it again another night.' Raven was so excited by the idea that he quickly agreed to put the moon back. Now, if you ever see the moon disappear, you know who the culprit is."

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC Laughs

Weeks seemed a long time to wait for her new friends to come out, but Dalgina nodded with as much patience as a puppy could have. It wouldn't do for them to come out before they were ready. They needed to be big and strong first, no longer needing Kiara to look after them so much they had to be inside. Kiara agreed to tell a story, and Dalgina settled down patiently, one paw on the bulging stomach. Maybe if she laid like this they would be able to see what Dalgina saw in her head as the story was told. That way it could be shared between all of them.

Hearing that a long time ago there had only been one of each kind, Dalgina's eyes grew as big as saucers. It would be lonely for Wolf to exist without a pack. How did she do it? Kiara didn't explain though, moving on to tell about Raven, and his attraction for shiny things. Hearing that he stole the moon had Dalgina's hackles up. Raven couldn't take the moon! It belonged to Dalgina! She who controlled night and winter. How could the goddess allow such an uppity bird to do such a thing? It appeared she did though, and the moon was snatched away. Carried by the story Dalgina growled with Wolf, tail wagging as Killer Whale joined in. Eagle's wisdom overjoyed Dalgina, and at the end she simply laid there, tail curled around.

It was a truly good story. Dalgina was still surprised that the goddess had allowed the moon to be stolen, but Eagle's way of dealing with it was amusing. Remembering nights when the moon disappeared her tail wagged. It appeared Raven hadn't tired of taking the moon yet. Warm where she was, with Kiara and the puppies, Dalgina looked up to her friend. Raven is lucky Dalgina lets him. Talking about the goddess that shared her name sounded a little funny, but Dalgina shrugged it off. Standing she stretched out and moved back to the entrance. I'll come back tomorrow, with presents for puppies! Yes, that was brilliant. Something to keep them happy while inside Kiara. She'd get something for Olnayni too of course. Happily she trotted off, working on imagining what it would be.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
000+

[/html]
[html]

End!

Word Count → 000

The story Kiara told the puppy had been one of her favorites growing up. The story was fascinating and fantastical. The arctic female had asked for the legend to be told to her over and over again until she had memorized every line of every part. One of the things Kiara loved best about the story was that each time her father recited the tale, it was always a little different. When her dad told the tale, it was almost as if the hole thing was alive. Kiara didn't feel like she had made the same impression on Dalgina, but at least it seemed like the young pup enjoyed the legend. Her reactions to the story were appropriate and innocent.

Throughout the recitation, Dalgina had not moved her paw form Kiara's belly. When Dalgina spoke, her young voice was confident and strong, and her speech about her namesake was intriguing. Unlike Kiara, the black puppy believed in the Great Goddess. "Perhaps the Goddess doesn't think Raven can harm the moon. Plus, Raven always puts the moon back so he can steal it again." The white mother watched as Dalgina stood and stretched in the den. Although it was large enough to fit them both comfortably, Dalgina had a lot more room to move than the older female. Kiara smiled when she declared she would return with presents. Kiara hoped the puppy would bring food, after all, she was starving. "I think they would like that. Enjoy the rest of your day!" With that, Dalgina was gone. Once again, she was alone and her time with the energetic puppy had tired the pregnant female out. Kiara placed her head down on her paws and returned to the land of dreams

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]