children and graveyards
[html]
mad short, work is busy!

The sable female found comfort amongst the dead: she supposed they could understand exactly how she felt in the moment everything collapsed and she was consumed in an alien world of nothingness. She often walked amongst graveyards, crumbling and rocky ruins of a world she knew next to nothing about. Linquilea felt a strange connection to these long dead creatures - she supposed they understood what it was like to live in a world filled with crushing nothingness, unable to breathe and exist properly as the rest of the world did.

She stood before a grave, hands clasped behind her back and golden eyes staring down at the faded stone. There were markings there, perhaps letters or numbers she could no longer discern; even if they were obvious, it would have been a challenge from her gargantuan height. Lea's dark hands were crossed behind her back as she peered downward, lost in momentary contemplation over whether or not it would be a good idea to make this place her stop for the night. Niccolo was large, and a fit guard for the rare times she slept, but she did not trust the male to stay in this unfamiliar territory. He'd never shown any signs of wavering, but Lea had long ago learned not to trust. It was an unfortunate reality of being a murderer.

<style type="text/css">
.suyou b {font-weight:bold; color:#8795be; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #050810; }
.suyou p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.suyou {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#444958; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/APsC3.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 230px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b2b2b2; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.suyou p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.suyou p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
Curious as always Terra found herself poking around short stone carvings. They were very odd, clearly made by humans. Words were written on them, though Terra's skill at reading was too poor for her to actually figure out what they said. Instead she decided to try and solve the mystery of why such a thing was built. She was in the middle of digging in front of one, trying to figure out how deep it went. Unfortunately the humans appeared to have cemented the stone into the ground, leaving a very frustrated Terra to growl at the stone all she wanted without it budging one inch.

Grumbling to herself about how humans must have been mad to invent such things Terra continued on her path. Her ears perked as the scent of wolves reached her. Tail waving Terra immediately set over, working towards them. They were an odd pair, a large male with an even larger black female. Weaving between the stones Terra picked a path difficult for the larger ones to follow, already planning an escape in case something went wrong. Feeling close enough Terra stopped, considering the best way to announce her presence. A simple bark wouldn't do, far too simple. Howling was out as well, since she was far too close, and Terra valued her life enough to not tackle them. Settling on a question Terra sat down, tail swishing from her place. Do you see yourself with them?
[html]
mad short, work is busy!

The woman's musings were quiet, rather more introspective than normal. Linquilea, though bafflingly intelligent, was not one to stop and smell the roses, so to speak. She was more of a woman of action and physical brutality, preferring the philosophy of pain and lactic acid over anything her volatile mind could provide. Any thought, regardless, was colored with the red taint of insanity: even through her many mental restrictions, the woman could recognize that. It was strange, knowing the definition between two realities and how it made a creature so much more dangerous. The many-time Alphess, now loner, was the daughter of chaos and anger, spawn of whatever deity decided to bestow an almost comical fate upon the unstable woman.

Her nose could smell a creature - female, coyote, relatively young - approaching before her eyes wavered from the grave she stood before. Large, muscled body tensed almost imperceptibly as she adopted a less neutral stance: the woman was proud, dangerous, and deadly, and would not allow any other opinion of herself. Niccolo, several steps behind her, also took note, though his body posture did not change. He was a creature of shadows and brainwashing, acting only when he saw his mother and mistress to be in danger. It was a strange, perverse relationship, and Linquilea would have had it any other way.

The tiny creature finally spoke, having drawn close enough to exchange words. Cold eyes raised to meet the face of the newcomer, a much younger girl who appeared to be half the size of Lea herself. A dark sneer curled across her lips, revealing pearly and dangerous teeth. I see only their ruin. These creatures were weak in their time. The woman's voice was low and gravely, not quite unpleasant but never defined as soothing. Her long hair hung around her golden eyes as she peered at the small girl, calculating exactly how much pressure it would take to snap her pretty little neck in two. Not much, she decided, the sneer widening further.

<style type="text/css">
.suyou b {font-weight:bold; color:#8795be; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #050810; }
.suyou {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#444958; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/APsC3.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 230px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b2b2b2; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Terra's lips twitched into a smile as the female adopted a fighter position. Like Terra was any threat to someone like her. She could easily be killed by the brute before her, and Terra didn't care. It was simply life. She had survived this long, and she would continue to. It was what she was. Terra always survived, even if she should have died many times over. Others had tried to kill her before, and if this one decided to try the same it wouldn't be the first brush with death she experienced. The sneer was tiring. Obviously the female thought herself superior to everything else around her, the wolf behind her a strong symbol of that, quiet and submissive even as he held himself ready to act on the other's words.

Disinterested in the humans Terra glanced at the stones again. To call them weak was a surmise Terra wouldn't have even bothered to make. There was no need to look back after all. Her gaze turned and met the other's eyes. Ruin does have a strange beauty to it though, does it not? Terra's eyes flitted over the stones surrounding them. The way they stood, strong and firm, trying to be courageous against a nature that would one day overwhelm her, was something Terra couldn't help but love. Drawn to ruin, to it's beauty and the mark of healing, or taking her own turn to bring destruction to something, it all fascinated her.
[html]
mad short, work is busy!

This little girl was annoying - the smirk on her face reflected a clear disrespect for danger, and Lea did not quite understand it. Did the little coyote not realize that, in less than the briefest moment, she could reach her large hands around the smaller one and wrench her to the ground? Survival instincts were the most important ones, and, in most cases, the most potent. And yet here was this smaller creature, this tiny little speck of nothing in the rand scheme of things, that thought she had any sort of right to disrespect the night's darkest monster by smiling. Regardless, no emotion passed through the woman's controlled face: her notoriously volatile anger was dimmed by an eager curiosity to figure out what advantages this sassy little girl could give her.

Peering closer at her, Lea supposed she could smell the scent of pack upon her fur. She was unfamiliar with the region, having arrived only in the past several hours: she and Niccolo had wandered for what seemed like many moons, and the creature was ready to find somewhere a bit more permanent. That word, of course, had a different sort of meaning with Lea: she never stayed in one place for too long. It was a product of necessity. The type of lifestyle she lived was too transient for stability and, anyway, she liked chaos.

Inclining her head, the woman acknowledged what the girl said, though she did not have any interest in maintaining that line of conversation. Strange, indeed, Linquilea remarked, eyes also surmising the graveyard. It is a different sort of place than what one normally encounters. Thus ended her interest in the conversation, though her eyes continued to quietly surmise her surroundings. Who are you? she asked, no pretense of manners coating her rough tones.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
Terra had expected the wolf to fight with her, argue about the ruin. It seemed there was more to this female than Terra had thought at first. The blatant words of weakness and ruin had Terra thinking she couldn't see the beauty in it, yet here she was, agreeing that there was a strange draw to it. Anything unusual and new tended to captivate Terra's attention for a fair length of time, toying and fighting with it until she understood it to her limited ability and classified it as either useful, fun, or something to ignore. The sharp words had Terra glancing at the wolf.

I do believe you're supposed to give your own name first. Her tail wagged softly before Terra complied to the request. My name's Luna. Mother had a rather romantic idea about what I would be like. Truthfully it didn't fit her because it wasn't her name. The coyote named Luna had been a pale silver creature, always off on her own world, low in the pack's hierarchy. Terra had been named for her more practical nature, and the earthen hues of her coat, even if they did hold a bloody red to them. Not pursuing the question of who the two wolves were Terra gazed out. Why have you come?
[html]
mad short, work is busy!

The girl prefaced her name with sass, and Niccolo stepped forward slightly, his dark chocolate body so attuned to Lea's that he could sense the shift in the air around her as she wrinkled her nose slightly in disgust and mounting irritation. His dominating mother was one to attack at the slightest provocation, but the woman had lifted her hand slightly, an obvious command for the younger male to step down. Lea's stance did not change, maintaining its naturally dominant and impressive nature, though her head cocked slightly to the side as she took in the coyote who called herself Luna. It did not seem to fit, and though she would not have been surprised if the female were lying, there were more important things to accomplish. Luna, then, she nodded. There were no "It is a pleasure to meet you" to follow her words: it would have been a lie, anyway.

Behind me is Niccolo, my son and servant, the woman stated. I am Linquilea de la Rosesanglante. She let her name linger in the air for a moment - the dark woman knew it often took several seconds for the lengthy title to register itself in brains. She was not one who sought to be forgotten, nor was she one to not introduce herself; still, she preferred others expose the vulnerability of names before. Even if this Luna was adopting a false calling, it was still something she could use. There was no reason for her to be false with this lesser coyote. If the girl got too sassy, Lea would snap her neck, and that would be that.

She also had absolutely no problem with stating her purpose. The more it proliferated these lands, the easier it would be to seek him out. I am searching for someone, the woman said, simply and cleanly. A white wolf, with a scar on his face that has rendered him blind. But I have also come for greater reasons than that. Lea was being a bit more open than usual, if only because she had worked so hard to trace Shandom - how she hated the name! - to this place. She sought him, and the taste of his metallic blood: she imagined his heart would be the sweetest of all she'd ever tasted.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
The lower wolf's movements had Terra tensing for flight, ready to leap away where they couldn't follow her. Just because she wasn't a fighter it didn't mean she didn't know how to survive such an encounter. Light on her feet she danced around before settling down at a place where she could escape their grasp. If they followed her they would injure and slow themselves down forcing themselves through the stone while Terra was able to move quicker without being crushed. Surprisingly the wolf introduced herself and her servant, something she hadn't been expecting. Terra nodded her head, too feral to realize that servant was different than simply being lower ranked.

The long name held Terra in a daze as she tried to process it. It seemed luperci really liked complicated names. Desperately she struggled to grasp it before settling on calling the beast before her Linquil. It was something Terra could remember and grasp. Deeply sorry, but I can't pronounce your name. Call you Linquil please? The description Linquil gave meant nothing to Terra, having met far too many different canines to make any connection between her friend Shandom and the monster before her. Curious about the greater reasons Terra opened her mouth to speak before she stopped, shrugging. Well, is there something I can do to help? She had nothing better to do, and it appeared that Linquil had something very interesting to do. Perhaps she'd let Terra tag along.
[html]
mad short, work is busy!

A deep, feral snarl fell from the woman's lips as the little, smarmy bitch decided it was a good idea to give her a nickname. Excuse me? she spat, golden eyes narrowed in now blatant and complete disgust. Last time I checked, Linquilea is not something difficult to pronounce. I just said it, and your tongue and language is no different from mine. I suggest you do not call me Linquil. Linquilea will do just fine, and if your tongue cannot manage that extremely simple fact, I recommend you cut it from your face. The seething anger that characterized the woman was now threatening to spill to the forefront. It was a pity, as today she had no intentions of murder. She had not come here to begin making that mark quite yet. It would be vastly too premature to act in such a fashion, although she doubted this little wretch would be missed by anyone. Luna was clearly far too stupid for such a thing.

The suddenly tense nature of the conversation had Niccolo closer to Linquilea's side, ready to attack at the slightest provocation. It was rare the sable woman actually called upon his service, preferring to do the dirty work herself, but if necessary the boy would do his bidding. But as she swept her inky mane from her face, which was now the perfect image of intimidation, the Ryn'Hax man stepped back: he knew his place, and it was not this time.

If you can manage to pronounce my name, Luna, perhaps you could tell me if you have encountered a Shandom Qi'Vaex in these lands. I suggest you tell me the truth, for it will bring you rewards and treasures down the road if you lead me to him. Linquilea was not above bribery, though it disgusted her to do so. Still, in this situation... The acts were necessary, and she would find that murderer through whatever means necessary. Lie to me, and you will die as he does. But if you do not know him, it would do for you to tell me where you hail.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
The sudden rage pouring off Linquil had Terra leaping into the air. Stepping back her tail lashed wildly behind her, eyes glimmering with excitement, answered with a look every bit as feral as the female's before her. Would they chase her? Try to kill her? She was ready. Her body was positioned in a mockery of a play bow, ready to spring away. If they decided to attack her Terra would enjoy making them look like fools, guiding them through the maze she lived in. This land was hers, and Terra knew how to move through it swiftly without disturbing others around her. I like my tongue where it is, thank you very much. She didn't bother calling Linquil by name again, knowing that butchering it would probably just make the situation worse.

Looking death in the eyes Terra grinned. Would she die now? Or would she outsmart it again? I don't know anyone with that name, though I know plenty of white wolves. I come from Inferni, a northern clan of coyotes. She would protect her pack with her lies. No one would be able to tell she was lying either, with the lies falling from her lips as easily as the truth. It sounded the same when she spoke, so used to it not even someone trained to detect the inconsistencies able to hear the difference. Farther back, I come from the west. It seemed that Linquil was intent on using her, without any games or rewards for her. The only reward you could possibly give me is a good show. It was the only thing Terra ever wanted.
[html]
mad short, work is busy!

Linquilea couldn't understand it. How could this little girl, this little, apparently death seeking, coyote, not pronounce her name? She'd gotten past the hardest part - Lynn-kwil wasn't easy for many to pronounce, not like the black beast particularly cared - and yet she couldn't make her tongue curl around the easiest part - ee-uh? It was ridiculous, and the gold eyes narrowed in contemplation as the fiery temper that had been so shockingly dormant began to froth and bubble beneath her outwardly calm facade. You are an idiot, she remarked without inflection, a simple statement of fact. I should have known that someone so small and yet so unafraid of death would be overwhelmingly idiotic.

Niccolo, meanwhile, had a strange expression of mingled pity and sadness on his dark face. The scars that ruined what would have been handsome in another life told their own story: the man was ruined. And yet, his heart and soul belonged to the fearsome beast that stood several paces before him - it would take the reunion of Keliyya and Yajaira to bring him back to the innocent puppy that had been stolen that dark and bloody night. And yet, something about this fearless little girl reminded him of a life he could barely remember, and he cocked his head slightly as if to ask What are you?. But he did not speak - it had been many moons since he did so, and he could not bring his voice to existence. The moment was brief, though, and he shook his head before returning to his natural state of quiet intimidation and power.

The black creature was displeased with the general uselessness of Luna, and flattened her black ears against a large skull, demonstrating her disappointment with the girl. A pity, then, Lea stated. It would have done well for you to know something. It is not often that I leave the useless alive.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
Being called stupid Terra's tail flicked, dismissing it. She was a fool, that was for sure. Stupid, no. Though she certainly could be mistaken as such when she acted the way she did, challenging death to claim her and playing ignorant at the simplest things. Her eyes fell over to the submissive wolf, lips curling into a smile as she caught a flash of something else existing under the subservient creature before her. Linquil had done well, taming such a creature. The state that he lived in sent chills through her as for the first time she recognized it as more than simple submission. At least she knew that she'd die before ever being forced to become such a thing.

Cocking her head Terra's eyes returned to the black wolf before her. Useless? I dare say not. Simply because I don't know where your white wolf is doesn't mean I'm useless. I know the layout of this land very well, and have stealth larger creatures such as yourself struggle to grasp. She knew it wasn't impossible for larger canines to have greater stealth than her, but it was rare under the situation she lived in. Almost all her time was spent towards improving her tricks in one way or another after all. Considering what had been said Terra grinned. How about a test. If I can escape the extent of the human's stones without being killed by you I've proven myself to have worth.
[html]
Smile thanks for doing this with me, sorry she's so choppy and weird.

Linquilea cocked her head to the side, a cruel and domineering grin sliding over her elegant facade. So this little creature thought herself useful, did she? She thought she knew the meaning of stealth, and understood it better than she - she, the shadow of the night and the bane of packs to the North! The monster was not shocked these wolves were unfamiliar with her name, as her home was much more isolated into its own little universe, with minimal outside knowledge penetrating the invisible barrier between a past life and the new reality for many canines. You know nothing, little girl, she said, the faintest trace of a snarl coloring her rough tones. You do not know with whom you tamper. And to think - I had been so merciful as to spare you until now.

She peered around the graveyard, rather unimpressed by the stones. Perhaps this Luna thought that, due to her large size, she wouldn't be able to navigate the corners. But she would have thought that such a small creature would know not to be so ignorant in the face of inevitable danger, especially when it was two very large, very well trained, and obviously deadly wolves with no respect for life that stood before her. Lea shook her large head, and allowed the grin to widen into a deadly snarl, transforming her face into something terrifying and significantly less beautiful than it had been before. Go, then. Run, if you value your life. I should have killed you when I noticed your scent on the wind. With these words, the monstrous female crouched slightly into a more feral position, and Niccolo mirrored her as he took several steps forward to his mistress.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
Terra grinned with amusement. I speak with a death carrier, do I not? You lack the star, but I can still see death in your steps. It's useless if you spare me. I will dance with death this day whether with you or another. We're fated. She was trapped in the movements, ensnared by her own grim fascination with the feel of life inside her when so close to losing it. The smile that embraced Linquil's face was impressive. Terra's hackles raised at the sight of it, setting her tail wagging even faster. She nodded her head curtly and spun around, measuring what path she would take.

Her paws sprang before her, and Terra went flying among the stones. It was the most amazing feeling, wind in her face and death at her back. She darted through swiftly, picking stones with arching curves that would strike tall wolves, making it more challenging for those following her. The exit was still a fair distance ahead, and Terra's ears trained to listen for where they were. Silent as they would try to be Shadow had taught her how to hear the silence where there should be none, allowing her to track those who made no noise.