True Nature
Terra didn't care for New Dawn in the slightest. They called themselves 'natural wolves', but Terra was fully aware of just how unnatural they acted. Their bias against coyotes, for example. While wolves had a natural dislike for scavengers, that didn't translate into hating the species and distrusting them. Unless there was food involved they regularly mutually ignored each other. One of their leaders was just a pup as well, someone with very little experience. Letting a pup be a leader was unnatural. While Terra had no problems with the other alpha living in optime form, it did strike her as rather ironic since they believed it to be better to live on four legs, even if they were accepting of luperci. They were merciful as well, a trait not found in truly wild creatures, something developed by the luperci and those farther removed from the natural way of wolves. Not to mention their omega was a complete mockery of that sentiment, unsubmissive and very serious in nature.

Her opinions didn't matter though. While their mercy was unnatural, it had saved her life when she'd been dying. She owed a debt to the strange pack. Her friends had gathered there as well, though it had cost her some friendships as they disowned their coyote friend. Her clever hands had helped her bring the present she was to give to the pack. Terra had known that a few rabbits wouldn't do, which was about the extent of her ability without a partner, and bringing in a corpse like the scavenger she was would do nothing but insult them and shame herself. Terra had resorted to trickery, driving a deer off a nearby cliff. Not allowing the deer the chance to escape it leaped to it's death. Rope did the rest. Terra tied the deer and then dragged it behind her, the rope gripped in her teeth as she moved in secui form. It was slow, the deer still heavy for the tiny creature. She paused to rest, hoping that the fresh blood wouldn't attract anyone unwelcome.
As the days had gone by and hours had passed, Fayne had grew weary. She had been left by her older sibling to fend for herself and the rest of her brothers and sisters with no more than some simple guidelines and little training. It was her who had took initiative, she fed her siblings and kept them out of the harms way for these past months. It was her who warded off unwanted enemies and taught what she had taught herself to her siblings. She could not resist the urge to hate Ezreal for leaving them behind without a single word goodbye. But, on the other side of things Ezreal was going through the same thing she had been and taking care of all of them at the same time. So, she buried her hate deep inside and saved it for a later date. What she had to worry about now, was finding them a pack that would take them in and keep them safe until she was strong enough to find her family. She knew that day would come when she would be reunited with those she missed so intensely.

Fayne had left her family for a hunt on her own, she was skilled enough to need no assistance when hunting small game. Fayne weaved through the trees keeping her ears pointed forward and her eyes ahead of her. She was searching for a target. A few minutes passed and a breeze blew towards her two very different scents. One was of a deer and the scent of fresh blood, delicious. The other was of a Luperci...that was not a scent she took lightly. The fur on her back erected and her jaws formed a horrific snarl. Her whole body lowered itself in a defensive stance, she couldn't help it after what she's been through. She slowed her speed thinking about if she should even bother approaching this stranger. A deer...already killed and ready for the taking. It was so tempting. She hadn't caught something that large in ages, too fearful to pull together a group hunt. She couldn't resist, no matter the harm that might come to her, she had to feed her family.

Fayne kept moving at a steady slow pace with the same stance. She weaved through bushes as quietly as she could trying to be as stealthy as possible. She was getting closer, she could now hear the gentle footsteps of the wolf and the dragging of the freshly killed deer. Over the bushes Fayne could see her now, a female Luperci, a scrawny reddish brown wolf. Fayne couldn't help but laugh a little, she was a tiny wolf. Fayne was much larger than than her, giving her the impression that she could probably just pounce and easily take her down. But she wasn't that reckless. Fayne would follow this wolf for a while and see where she was taking her kill, maybe it would be less risky to take her down in the middle of a meal. So, she waited for this wanderer to continue on her path.
A slight sound of laughter caught Terra's ears. Dropping the rope her tail wagged. It reminded her so much of the friends she used to grow up with, laughing and teasing each other, mocking from hiding places as another struggled with something. Lifting her head she sniffed the air, wondering who it was. Disappointment flooded her face as she realized it was an unknown wolf, not a member of her old pack as she had hoped. Shrugging Terra moved towards the voice before remembering the reason why she was out there. She had to deliver the prey. Hopefully it wasn't a scavenger she'd have to chase off the kill. It wouldn't be much fun.

Grabbing the rope Terra resumed tugging the deer through the land, though she was on a much higher alert now, large ears focused on where the noise had originally come from, tracking the slight sounds of another moving through the woods with her. Terra dragged it until she was close enough to New Dawn's borders that the scent moved towards her. Knowing that there were members who would kill her, as well as those who would fight for her, Terra kept her distance. Creating a rift in the pack was the last thing she would want. Lifting her head she howled for someone to come and find the meal. Settling into the ground Terra prepared to protect the kill. Her eyes focused on where she knew the wolf was. You won't be taking this kill. Find your own.
Fayne observed the tiny female closely with intent to jump at any moment. The wanderer stood there for a short minute staring off into the distance with a playful look upon her face. This quickly passed. The wanderer then turned and moved a few steps towards where she was quietly hiding. A sudden wave of disappointment washed over Fayne the moment she realized that she'd been spotted. Weirdly enough the continued in the direction she had been heading towards. Fayne could tell that this stranger was monitoring her every move closely. Fayne thought of what she could possibly do to distract the wanderer long enough to snatch the kill. Even then, it would take her time to drag the deer herself. The very thought of even trying to get that catch was becoming futile. Fayne was saddened. The thought of bringing home that large catch to her family and them being proud of her was such a tickling though.

She followed the wanderer waiting for her stop but she kept going, still intensely monitoring Fayne's own movements. A subtle sigh escaped Fayne's jaws...this was not going to end the way she had planned it to. Then, the stranger came to a halt for no reason it seemed. Then let out a howl. This howl was familiar to her. It was directed at others of her kind, probably a warning. Panicked, Fayne backed up a few feet not knowing what her next move should be. The wanderer turned to her and looked in her direction, then spoke, You won't be taking this kill. Find your own. Damnit..., Fayne thought to herself. Her sense of surprise had been diminished...she already knew that though. Fayne thought for a few minutes...then attempted to talk to wanderer out of the kill using intimidation.

You don't want to mess with me. Just leave the kill there and go. Trust me, I'm certain you'd be dead in seconds. She wasn't sure if this would even work, but she had to try something. She couldn't go back without a kill, she would not let her family down. She knew that another wolf would be coming soon and so she stayed hidden ready to make her escape if threatened.
Silence followed her declaration, and satisfied that the stranger was thinking twice about taking her gift to the pack Terra turned around, settling comfortably into the ground. Her ears twitched occasionally as she listened for others trying to steal the kill, though her eyes were focused on the borders, watching to see if someone would come out to accept her gift. A voice did come up though. It seemed this one was fairly stubborn. The voice was young, obviously that of someone inexperienced. Terra couldn't help but laugh at the threat, knowing that if it was possible to back it up the wolf would be out in the open, or if a trickster, not spoken at all and simply driven her away.

Tossing her head Terra stood up, and this time moved into the bushes. Steadily she approached until she stood before the wolf. Her sharp green eyes looked mockingly into the others. So kill me. Terra knew her strength and skill. She might be small but Terra easily turned the environment around her into an extension of herself, a tool against her opponents. Speed and size became her friends as she moved. Looking her over Terra noted the thin appearance, shaking her head in disappointment. If you're so hungry you'd be better off hunting, or scavenging. Not trying to steal someone's kill. You won't have the strength for it. Or the skill, but Terra knew better than to say that.
Fayne thought she would be able to at least frighten the wanderer, but instead she was laughed at. This was not at all the reaction she had hoped for, this is the complete opposite. Fayne should have prepared herself for this. Wolves are generally smart creatures and the Luperci are smarter than even that. Fayne growled in discontent at the outcome of her attempted intimidation. Fayne stepped back, the stranger wolf was approaching her. She panicked, and thought how stupid she was to even consider stealing someone's kill. Fayne stood straight up, pointed her ears forward, and stood steadily as if to make herself appear larger than she really was. Their eyes met. This stranger wasn't the least bit scared of her. A snarl ripped from Fayne's lip as she was challenged by this cocky creature.

Fayne composed herself. She obviously wasn't going to get anywhere with intimidation anymore, that was out of the question. This wolf was confident fighting her which probably meant that she would be outmatched in these conditions. She still found it hard to believe that this tiny wolf could take her head on. She kept a steady gaze into the stranger's eyes as she shook her head then uttered a sentence that was surprisingly true but angered Fayne even more. This hot headed wolf wasn't going to be talked down upon. Though it probably was just smarter to run at this point, Fayne talked back to the wolf.

You shouldn't judge, look at you. You're not a smart one if you think you can judge me on appearance alone. Watch your tongue Stranger. How dare she underestimate Fayne. Though she may be weakened from not eating as much, she was a smart young wolf. At this point retrieving the deer and escaping seemed impossible. But, she couldn't help but stand her ground and hope that this situation would change in her favor. So she kept her eyes locked with that of her enemy's.
Terra smiled calmly as she was growled at. She wouldn't be intimidated. Well, it was more like she couldn't be. Her instincts told her when to be afraid and when not to be, and this wasn't a situation where she needed fear. Whether or not the stranger was stronger than her didn't matter, as Terra knew the land and tricks for getting out of such situations. Terra would win because there could be no other outcome. At least not unless this wolf suddenly became a lot smarter and a lot stronger. Terra watched her gather herself up, calming down. It seemed Terra had really riled her up with her actions.

Lightly she tossed her head, completely untouched by the words. She didn't bother staring the wolf down, not even feeling that a challenge was there. Her words alone revealed the difference in their levels. If you think I've judged you just by appearance you're wrong. Casually Terra reached up a leg scratching behind her ear. Shaking herself out she glanced back at the deer, wondering if it was close enough. Terra didn't feel like sticking around anymore, not with something much more interesting before her. She turned back to the stranger, grinning broadly. There's a reason why you want such a large prey, hm? What is it?
Fayne cocked her head and twitched an ear in discontent. She raised an eyebrow at this young wolf, judging from her appearance she was younger than than Fayne and yet she acted in such a composed and calm manner. It seems she was being taken lightly. Though Fayne has little experience hunting she has encountered a number of enemies and been victorious each and every time suffering little to no injuries. It seems she might have underestimated this young wolf, though she was small she was extremely smart. The wolf grinned at her, what a weird reaction. Then asked her a quite obvious question. Fayne looked to the ground in a shy manner. She avoided the question and countered it with another one.

Why is one so small hunting on their own? It seems to me that you have a pack somewhere, am I right? Fayne smirked. Dragging this deer all the way home leaves you open for attack. Fayne started to circle around the wolf eyeing her with the same smirk on her face. Her head and her tail were held high and her strut was confident. She had no need to be scared here, it seemed this wolf wouldn't attack her unless provoked. Fayne glanced at the deer, so tempting. But she'd lost her chance. Fayne stopped immediately in front of the stranger, then sat down and continued to look into her mocking eyes. She tilted her head. If I told you the reason why I need that catch, would it change your intent?
The shy reaction told Terra everything she needed. There was more than one wolf with this one. Suspiciously Terra eyed around, wondering if they were there with their fearless leader. It appeared she'd gone out on her own though. That was good. As tricky as Terra was she was unsure she could defend her kill against an entire pack of hungry wolves. Terra's ears twitched as they tracked the other wolf's movements, letting herself be circled, muscles tensed to spring out of range if attacked. The question had her shaking her head. This isn't my pack. I would hunt with my pack for such big games. It's thanks for saving my life. Not that you would understand that.

To be fair, Terra didn't really understand it either. She just knew that she didn't like the fact that she'd needed help and received it from those who she perceived as enemies. Giving them the deer seemed to be a way to break that tie so she could relax without worry. Terra shook her head at the other's suddenly serious question. I can't find another present for them, not now that I've called. I can help you find something to feed your pack though. I'm a fair hunter, as long as I have a willing partner. That was always the catch with her. Amazing at catching things, as long as she had help.
Fayne jerked her head back and twitched an ear at her first response. What this stranger was explaining was indeed a completely knew concept to her. She'd grown up running from her own family and fighting for her survival, she had no one to owe thanks too. Not even her own sister, she used to think very highly of her until she deserted her and her four siblings. Now, she's nothing but dirt in her mind, as cruel as it may seem. Though this wolf was right, Fayne gave no acknowledgement of it. What had happened in her past was of no concern to anyone but her and her family and to her showed sign of weakness. Regardless of how many battles she'd been in she was always running from some thing or another. It was a tough life, but a cowardly one. Fayne gave a sorrowful sigh, then shook off the thought. She generally tried to stand tall and prideful, though she had nothing at all to be proud of.

The stranger shook her head at the second question and this landed a disappointed look upon Fayne's face. Even though she was sure the answer would be no anyways. Fayne was reminded that they this one had called for help when she had gotten to this border. Who knows what this wolf was planning and when this ally would show, her guard was instantly raised. But then, a suggestion to hunt together. Fayne couldn't help but laugh. Just a moment ago Fayne was threatening to steal her kill and now she was offering to hunt together. Fayne halted her laugh suddenly when she realized that it was kind gesture and shouldn't be laughed at. Though, it raised her suspicions a little. Could be a trap...or was she being truly sincere. Fayne was reluctant to trust this stranger. I apologize. It's just that.. Fayne caught her breath, she'd been holding it so she wouldn't laugh. Just a moment ago I was your enemy, and now you offer to aid me in a hunt?

Fayne quickly pondered the possible outcomes of this situation. She could end up in a trap or she could end up with a large meal to bring home and fill all of their guts. But why would a stranger want to have her dead, they've never met before. Also, the stranger seemed true to her words when she spoke. Fayne weighed the odds and figured it was worth taking a risk. A smile wrinkled Fayne's nose as she nodded her head. I accept. You're help would be much appreciated. Fayne was incredibly happy. The thought of a full stomach was indeed a joyful one. Maybe she could pick up some pointers from this stranger along the way. A stranger, she didn't know her name. I'm Fayne, pleased to make your acquaintance.
She wasn't bothered by the laughter. It seemed a little out of place, but the wolf was probably just releasing some tension from being so hungry and worrying about helping her group get some food. Terra could help with that, and would get a good meal for herself while at it. She wasn't exactly able to eat from the deer she'd taken down, after all. She had to leave that for that blasted unnatural pack that she owed her life to. Hearing the wolf speak Terra grinned cheekily. As long as I keep you from the kill my goal is accomplished, yes? Doesn't matter how it's done. They didn't need to fight if there were other ways of making sure the kill was left alone, such as helping her get food for her group in another way.

There were other options as well, but Terra was hungry. This seemed the best option for the time, serving herself and the wolf before her, helping both goals be accomplished. The wolf would have no reason to turn her down with such reasoning. Terra dipped her head as the offer was accepted. Evera. Lifting her head Terra scented the air, searching for prey in the area. There were certainly predators, prowling along the borders, seeing if they could steal the kill. Terra could also smell a wolf from New Dawn coming their way though, so she wasn't particularly worried. She could leave now, and would never need to bother with that pack again. She picked up the trail of a passing hog, and began following it.
The wolf introduced herself as Evera, a quick and simple introduction. But, at least Fayne knew what to adress her hunting partner by. By this time, Fayne was in a hurry to get back to those who awaited her. She'd left them hungry and alone. None of them could hunt any better than she could and she was the most skilled in a fight. Fayne watched her new acquaintance as she went on her way, she'd obviously sensed something near. Fayne, sniffed the air. She smelt a hog, not very far from here, and was sure that was what they would be hunting. Fayne licked her chops and the thought of sinking her teeth into that. She was starved. She had also picked up the sent of another wolf. She had completely forgotten that Evera had called for help from this pack. It was best that she leave this area as soon as possible. She didn't want any trouble. Fayne quickly followed behind, keeping her head low as to not alert the prey they were hunting.

As they followed after their prey, Fayne pondered about Evera's history. Who was she really, she had many questions she wanted to ask, but kept them tucked away. It wasn't long before she heard the snorts and huffs of the hog. She couldn't help but drool at the delicious smell of the beast. She stayed behind and waited for her hunting partner to make the first move. It seemed she was incredibly skilled when it came to hunts. After all, she did catch a dear by herself. She was sure there was a plan.
OOC: Terra did introduce herself, under a false name. Evera

IC: Terra swiftly covered the ground before her, working her way towards the hog. Pausing in a bush Terra peered at the prey. It was a fair sized one, slightly smaller than herself. Still young, tusks only partly grown in. That was good, a cut from one of those would be nasty to heal from. Gently she held herself low, watching it furrow around, digging for food. Turning to Fayne Terra stared at her companion, ears and tail silently flicking as she communicated the plan. They would split up, one on each side. They would have to move fast, any chances given for the hog to attack and escape would be taken.

Tearing into it's sides would be their best bet. The hide would be tough, but if they kept it from turning and kept striking at those vulnerable spots, the hog would die without either of them being injured. Sure that the wolf understood the plan Terra slid from one side to the other. Staring across at Fayne Terra nodded sharply. Her eyes turned to the hog, and as it drew close she crouched down. With it as close as she dared to allow it Terra sprung forwards, silently sinking her teeth into the hog's side. The beast squealed with rage, twisting it's head to gore at her. Hopefully Fayne would leap in quick or she'd be injured.
OOC: Okie. I wasn't sure. :3

IC: Fayne and Evera came to a stop. Her eyes widened in delight at the sight of her prey, her ears positioned forward and twitching in anticipation. Fayne looked over to her partner as she communicated the plan. Then Evera proceeded to slyly move to the other side of the hog. It was quite obvious what they'd be doing. Fayne stay where she was, her haunches were raised and her tail swaying back and forth in an awkward manner. Evera positioned herself and prepared to pounce at the unknowing creature. As soon as the nod was given to attack, Fayne jumped out of the bushes. Evera reaching the hog first. It threw it's head at her in hopes of impaling her with his tusks, though they weren't quite matured. Fayne got there not long after and quickly dug her teeth into his side. The hog tossed it's head back and forth, enraged. He tried to kick them off and run, but their jaws were firmly grasping him in place. His hide was thick and it took some work to get through it. Soon she could taste his warm blood filling her jaws, it was ever so pleasant.

Fayne snarled and continued to rip at his side, puncturing new holes along his rib cage. Gnawing and tearing at his sides, his life was quickly slipping away. She could feel him weakening under her grasp. There was no escape for this beast now, he had already lost a considerable amount of blood. The hog's attempts to reach back and impale them became stressed eventually he simmered down, faint from anemia. Fayne went for the final strike and impaled his carotid, digging her caning into it she felt the final gush of blood and he collapsed. He was still squealing quietly as they drained him of energy and life.
Fayne's timing was good, the sharp bite pulling the hog's attention away, leaving Terra uninjured. Carefully she worked her jaws through, gripping onto the beast. She was much more powerful in her secui form, and found herself able to tear through the hide with much less work than she had expected. Growling she tore at it, feeling the mighty beast squirming in their grip. He managed to pull Terra slightly off her feet before she managed to resecure her grip, blood dripping down her jaw. It made quite a mess at that. The hog squirmed as she dug in, teeth nipping in at it's stomach.

The killing blow was delivered by the wolf as Terra grabbed the intestines that she'd torn into the open, pulling them out. Not waiting for it to finish it's death throes Terra began devouring it's insides. Once the part she had out was done Terra stepped closer, grabbing more of the tender flesh. She checked her appetite after a few bites, stepping back so that there would be enough for Fayne to bring back to her pack. Tasty. Hope they appreciate this. Hogs weren't exactly easy to bring down, even with two working on it.
Fayne's breath was heavy and strained. She had used a considerable amount of energy to help Evera bring down the beast. As her companion consumed the insides of the beast, Fayne ripped chunks of his flesh and quickly downed them. She needed the energy to drag the kill back to her home. The hog was definitely dead now. It lay lifeless in front of them, it's blood stained both of their jaws and the ground they stood on.. Fayne looked it over with a smug look on her face, she felt accomplished of the kill. She licked her lips removing some of the blood that stained her jaws. Fayne sat and curled her bushy tail around feet, flicking it with joy. She looked over at Evera and nodded. "Yes, quite delicious. It will be plenty for us and we'll all be satisfied.. Thank you for assisting me on this hunt." Fayne replied tilting her head to the side with a smile on her face. She usually had trouble trusting those she didn't know, but seeing as she had just joined Evera in a hunt she considered her a friend. Being as curious as she was, she felt the need to satisfy her thirst for knowledge about this wolf. She didn't know much about this land seeing as she'd been isolated for most of her life and was intent on learning about it.

So, if you don't belong to the pack you killed that deer for, then do you belong to a pack at all?" Fayne hoped she wasn't prying. She yearned for understanding, maybe even some hints as to where she should find refuge. She couldn't survive like this for very much longer. There were various threats in this land, including rogue Luperci just itching for a good fight.
Terra shrugged at the thanks. She had joined in the hunt for her own reasons. It helped her avoid being attacked by New Dawn members, protect the deer from scavengers, and gave her a light snack. If it happened to benefit another, so be it. Terra wasn't exactly against helping others. She just usually didn't do it. Yawning Terra stretched out, relaxing. Her ears remained on alert for the sounds of those that were unwelcome approaching. Terra wanted nothing to do with the New Dawn wolves, and with the deer dropped off she no longer had to. She just needed to keep from meeting them now.

The question wasn't unexpected. Many asked her what pack she was from. If they were lucky she would tell them her real pack, instead of one of the other ones that she knew about. Yes I belong to a pack. I know the area pretty well. Not just her pack, but also the culture and attitude of the majority around them. She still thought New Dawn was pretty unfriendly though, even if they had saved her life. The impact of that first impression stuck with her stubbornly. Knowing she was in the wrong Terra kept this to herself, allowing it to be a private opinion, instead of one to openly share.
Fayne's face lightened at Evera's words. If she knew this land well, maybe she could get some leads on where to go from here. She couldn't sustain her brothers and sisters so they'd have to split up and find packs of their own. All of them needed proper nourishment and Fayne couldn't provide it for them any longer. Though her hunting skills were improving on each hunt, they were losing more weight than they were gaining and soon they wouldn't be strong enough to hunt. Then, they'd be forced to scavenge like Fayne had tried to do today and that couldn't possibly have a good outcome. They could be injured, or worse, killed at the hands of another wolf. She shivered at the thought of losing her loved ones, they were all she had left and she wouldn't ever put them at risk for death like that. Though every moment they spent outside of a pack put them at risk for injury or death.

Fayne's curiosity only continued to rise and she found herself pondering a multitude of questions to ask Evera. Though, she didn't know this wolf very well and refrained from asking an overwhelming amount. Instead, she got right to the point. Tell me then! What is the closest pack to us right now? Maybe there are a few packs...I hope. Maybe she could just go there and and find refuge. Any pack would be suitable for her at this moment in time. Though she was completely unaware to the lifestyles wolves took on these days. She had avoided going near past human civilizations which has kept her shielded from knowing all new ways wolves existed. She stuck to the plain and simple methods of her ancestors. Her tail swayed back and forth in anticipation for Evera's answer with an innocent and puppy like expression on her face. Her eyes bright with enthusiasm.
The hunger in Fayne's eyes told a tale that Terra had never wished to know. This small outsider pack of hers, it was weak and near collapsing, much too weak to continue on. They needed a pack to join, and quickly. The desperation in her voice almost sent Terra stepping back, feeling the overwhelming need to defend herself. The excitement and hope in the wolf's eyes were so bright, Terra feeling suddenly responsible for what she said. It was a feeling Terra didn't really care for in the slightest.

Clearing her throat Terra indicated. The pack I just gave the meal to is New Dawn. Strictly for wolves. They prefer life on four legs. Strange customs. Terra just couldn't get used to them, couldn't understand them. Strong dislike for anyone who isn't a wolf. A short distance south is Inferni, the polar opposite. A clan for coyotes. They dislike wolves, and are very violent. Not open to change. Terra didn't care much for either pack, finding them both highly unnatural in their habits. After all, canines weren't naturally violent, only fighting when necessary. It took too much energy to survive to waste it fighting. There were other ways to settle things with displays of dominance and clear markings.

A little bit east is a pack, Ichika no Ho-en. Very peaceful and relaxing. They welcome all who come to them. It was very friendly, fun for Terra to visit. She enjoyed the easy attitude, the ability to relax when in the north, surrounded by those hostile towards her. Past that is Anathema. Their pack is strong. It was truly the only way to describe the sensation Terra got from the pack. It's a pack to respect, one to honor. The bonds with each other is very powerful. She couldn't help being impressed by the air of that pack, the way that it felt, the aura it gave off. The last pack up here is one to avoid, especially in your state. Salsola, very secretive. They don't care for outsiders, and will attack on sight if you don't have a legitimate reason for being there. I'd avoid it until you're stronger at least. After that is the southern packs, where I live.