New Players
I am completely new here. Stumbled across it on Google and I had a strong feeling I'd adore it; role play and wolves, two of my favorite things...but here's my predicament - being completely new, I've no clue on how I should approach the topic of Kace's family, her past, her parents, heritage, etc. and so on. The one NPC character I wish to associate with her would be her half brother, a wolf I've titled Kolt. I've spent a few hours researching the gist of 'Souls, the behaviors, the mentality...I fear that getting started will be my largest obstacle however. If anyone has any advice, or wants to give Kace a family (if that's possible, haha) I hope this is the right place for it. Thanks lots, I look forward to adding to the community!
Hey there!! I'm Alli Smile

The very first step is certainly to fill out your character's profile. Once that is finished you may have a good idea what sort of direction you wish for your character to go in.

& There are helpful links all over!

The most helpful that you may need is the Joining Example here

Then you can find a guide for newcomers here

You can get a general idea about the different packs in the pack summaries but the pack's websites gives much more detailed

There is a ton of info! If you have specific questions, feel free to IM me at itzaallifitz on AIM :3
*wannabe-helpful Raze stumbles in*

Definitely check out the links Alli gave! I know I was overwhelmed when I first joined since there was so much stuff to read, but the guide for newcomers especially helps you figure out the rules and how to start.

As far as character creation goes, this page of the RP guide is about character history. It provides brief good and bad examples of different histories. Depending on where you want Kace to be from and how old she is, you might want to add some things about the culture she was born into (whether some other pack in North America or even a town in Europe if she's old enough to sail over). The RP Guide in general is very useful for character creation, as it has good information on world travel, species, skills, and more.
Hi Emily Big Grin As you say getting started is the main hurdle, so maybe just jump right in with your OC, and then whenever you have time, read up on the wiki and history and stuff... if you have time to go through everything before beginning, awesome but... well, I've been lurking for a while and I still haven't read the entire wiki o__o If you're looking to create a past that links in with other on-board characters, you could try asking in chat, or just pm players of likely-looking characters, and ask if you can be related to them Big Grin There's plenty to choose from and all kinds of interesting stories, backgrounds and cultures people have dreamed up... if you had anything particular in mind you could post here and see if someone suited replies? Also... I'm quite rambly/vague so not necessarily the best person to listen to... but I hope this helps in some way o___o and I just wanted to say welcome!!
Haha well wow, I certainly didn't expect so many helpful replies so fast! Thank you all so very much, I can't wait to get started!

Overwhelm...definitely a good word, I love reading and I love imagination so it'll just take some time!

I'll start working on Kace's profile/bio/personality/etc...since she is the first wolf I'm creating I'll like to stick with just her for a while...Trying to find a pic for her right now. Thanks again, it's nice to meet all of you!
Okay so now I've a new question...I've been trying to start a new thread...realize, Oops, can't do that...go to the request a thread thing, can't do that either...I'm sure it's some little thing I've totally overlooked and this is a horrible nooblet-type question, sorry T_T Thanks for replies/help/sarcastic encouragement Big Grin Buahaha
You have to post in the joining section of 'Souls and be accepted first. You can do a thread in lasky right now, but until accepted the rest of the area except for sections such as this are off limits.

As a side note, luperci can't shift until they are six months of age.
You need to be accepted first before you can start roleplaying in the territories. :O

Here is the joining forum; there's information there about how to join and everything. Smile

---
Ah, Bria shadowposted me. But yes. Big Grin She is also right about the shifting; it's a puberty kinda thing.
Ahahaha! Such learning...ya'll are awesome, thanks chu all ^.^
And also, it's unlikely her eyes would go from gold in lupus to immediate blue in secui.

/maybeheplful