Life Was Beautiful
[html]

OOC

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/9086/cebtable.jpg);width:400px;height:150px;border:1px solid black;">

Step after step, the exhaustion grew heavier. He’d only been awake long enough to find her, suffer emotional trauma possibly worse than his physical wounds, and then bury her. Like a broken television set, images of the events leading up to this moment flashed across his mind in hiccups of blood-stained pictures. Cerberus was a mess, inside and out. And what had happened before he woke in another's care and left? He remembered clearly, no matter how much he didn’t want to. He only hoped that, after learning what he knew, his pack would still be as keen on having him as part of their family as they had been before. What would they think when they saw him splattered in healing wounds? Would they think he’d killed her? Of course not. He knew very well that wasn't what had happened, and perhaps his pack had known he and Blind had become fast friends? Either way, he would plead his case. He knew he was innocent of any and all crime, except for perhaps the crime of failing to save her from that blasted bear.

A moment of breathlessness forced Cerberus to stop his trekking and lean back on his haunches. His brain swam around in his head like a lost goldfish in a tiny pond, and his weakened leg shook in protest. It was a wonder that he hadn’t died alongside her, now that he thought about it, but Ceri knew his brother had to have been watching over him, and that his time on Earth wasn’t quite over yet. There was no other explanation, was there? Staggering to his feet, the torn hybrid gave his tail a determined flick and then pressed on, his torn black snout pointed toward his home. He hadn’t realized how far he and Blind had travelled to find food, but it was apparent now as many minutes passed before he finally reached the borders of New Dawn.

With a tooth-torn left arm and a gashed face now sewn and scabbing to a point that’d make even Ciara take a second look to recognize him, Cerberus settled back down on the ground a few paces from a scent marker. He wouldn’t cross the borders, just in case they’d labeled him a traitor and figured he’d abandoned the pack due to the time he’d been gone. But did he have the energy to lift his head and howl for Zalen to come to his aid? He had also been lucky enough to lie in the path of a travelling Festival merchant that took him in and patched him up, but he was still steadily healing. But it didn’t matter; he couldn’t stand to be out on his own in this state. And he had to tell them of Blind…oh, Blind. How had he not been able to save her? Lifting his head, Cerberus released a howl coated with pain and regret, throwing in a note of urgency at the end for the alpha that had been so willing to take him in. Truthfully, he didn’t care which member of New Dawn found him as long as they didn’t aggravate his condition. Lowering his head once more, his eyes blinked in a way that threatened another spell of dizziness, but he held strong and gently nosed his stitched and bandaged arm while waiting for someone to answer his call.

[/html]
[html]

OOC here. /+000

Another lazy day with little to do. The scenery remained the same, lush, beautiful with just the hint of a late autumn’s chill to incite the senses. Had human terminology been learned by the wolves, this day would have been noted as the weekend, and been loved by all for it. The russet was certainly enjoying this day, lounged at the base of a tree, basking in the warmth of the sun. Truly at ease and without a care for once in her long-lived life.
But a call roused her. A masculine voice coming from the borders of the lands, commanding the attention of those nigh. An ear raised attentively, swiveling toward the borders and fanning lazily as if dismissing the sound. But her head raised, a dazed look in her eye was cast toward the distance, a yawn subdued by a wrinkled muzzle as she drew herself from her relaxed state. Ignoring the call was beyond her, curiosity had been piqued for but a moment and now she was a slave to it. On creaking limbs, she rose with umber boots scuffing the ground as the legs shook with relinquished fatigue. Now who was calling upon this day…?
Her strides were swift, the russet form darted through the dense wood with ease as though the towering trees were but a figment and her weaving was a dance of leisure. A favoring breeze brought to her open nostrils the scent of a stranger, heavy musk accompanied it and she came to recognize it as masculine. The female’s eyes opened wider, her pace quicken to a staccato rhythm. A sharp detour from her path brought her in sight of brilliant white and tan. Rapid gait reduced considerably and for the first time, she was able to take a breath. Her pants were light and swift, enough to return oxygen to her form and relinquish the unnecessary and she declined her head in greeting as if addressing an equal rather than a stranger. “Good day,” she offered quietly, raising her head with a soft smile adorned on her muzzle. Again a crystal eye wandered the form of the male, her own rusted body drawing closer. “If I may ask, what brings you to the New Dawn borders this day?

<style type="text/css">
.insnow b {font-weight:bold; color:#3a595f; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia; text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;}
.insnow p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.insnow {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#b2c7cc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ZZREG.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #3a595f; border-radius:5px; padding:415px 0px 7px 0px; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#708f97; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

That was a beautiful post! Sorry for the rambling on this one lol.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/9086/cebtable.jpg);width:400px;height:150px;border:1px solid black;">

Emotional instability threatened to drown Cerberus as he sat there, waiting for a familiar scent to flutter toward him. His eyelids slugged open and closed, flashing horrible images across his mind's eye each time. He wondered how much time had passed already since he'd released his howl, and if he'd not been so weary from his trek then he would have known only five minutes had transpired. To him though, to the broken canine whose body was riddled with healing wounds and harbored a tormented soul, it seemed like ages. He peered up at the sky with his mismatched eyes, and the clouds took on the shapes of wolves, dancing and frolicking about as they chased each other around the sun. For a moment he thought he saw one with mismatched eyes as well - though instead one was blue and one was gold - and his breath caught in his chest as a whimper trickled from his lips and attempted to call out to the lost wolfess. Come back to me Blind, he muttered, closing his eyes tight on fresh tears, come back to me.

His body threatened to crumble in on itself until the scent of another provided a decent enough distraction. He opened his eyes again and saw a dark figure bounding toward him, and though he thought it might be Zalen, the size and femininity of the creature proved that it wasn't. Cerberus rose to his feet, shaking and stumbling a little, and then bowed in submission to the woman as she came to a halt before him. A quick glance over the fae told him that he had not seen this creature before, or if he had, he hadn't spoken with her. However, that hardly seemed to matter, as her glassy voice soothed the burning in his soul and permitted his heart to beat a little more normally as he regained his composure. She also seemed not to recognize him, and Cerberus guessed it was either because she'd neglected to spot him before too, or his face was mutilated past the point of recognition, something he'd feared early on to be true. But she was kind nonetheless, and he could do no less than to return her kindness as well.

Afternoon m'lady, he said, the tattered half of his right ear struggling to lie flat with the other, I've returned to New Dawn in hopes that I still have a place here. I am Cerberus Antum, and I had only been a part of your pack for perhaps a week or two before my unexpected disappearance. Do you recognize me? The question came out slowly and was paired with steady eyes slowly seeking her face, but they quickly fell again to gaze upon the girl's knees. She was a beautiful wolfess, but the fact that she had eyes similar to Blind's made his heart quiver in pain again. He choked back another tear, and forced his body to remain still as she looked over him. After a moment or two of silence had passed, he added, I had no intention of abandoning New Dawn. Another packmate and I went out to hunt, and...we were met with great misfortune. I have no desire to return to the life of a wanderer, but will do so if the pack's eyes fall on me with discontent in them. Tell me, what is your name young fae? And do you know if Zalen still holds me in as high a favor as he once did?

Cerberus swallowed his words with difficulty and then stole one more glance, this time toward the girl's neck. He pressed his body tighter to the ground, however, so as not to portray disrespect. Remaining in such a crumpled posture was taxing on his injured arm, and he hoped that she would allow him to stand soon enough.

[/html]
[html]

OOC here. /+000

t was the season. That was what it had to be. She could blame it on the season, yet the fluttering of her heart and inability to breathe were undeniable. When the massive male came to a stop at Insomnia, she allowed her mutli-colored eyes to turn up to those vibrant pools of gold. It was terrible that he could suck her in like he did. She could feel the candle within her heart fighting to say lit. When it went out would she die? Was it possible to die from a broken heart? Was her love sharing intimacy with someone else this season? Had he forgotten her? The smallest of frowns creased the lady’s features as she continued to stare vacantly up into the male's smoldering golden eyes, yet just as quickly as the small creasing of lips had appeared it was gone and her features were once again lifeless much like that of a porcelain doll.

Breathless whisper escaped his mouth arousing Insomnia from her reminiscing state. It was interesting how he could draw her back from her dream-like state with just a one single word. A genuine smile worked its way from the corners of her mouth all the way across her face, lighting up those vibrant oceanic eyes. “Ce-Cerberus..? My name is Insomnia..." Murmur escaped her lips dancing upon the air just like the light danced upon the grainy ground. Even though her hind appendage was positioned in a downward manner her musky female scent still managed to perfume the air, drawing out any sort of urge that any male had. Her body screamed at her, begging her to turn around and cock that lustrous appendage to the side. Nature knew that this male was one that would pass on good, worthy genes. Fortunately, Insomnia knew that this was just formal, and she shouldn't be acting like this. "I-I do recognize you." She nudged him up so that he could get out of the submission position and looked at his paw than looked back up into his eyes. "What happened there?"

<style type="text/css">
.insnow b {font-weight:bold; color:#3a595f; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia; text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;}
.insnow {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#b2c7cc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ZZREG.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #3a595f; border-radius:5px; padding:415px 0px 7px 0px; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#708f97; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC

Cerberus sighed audibly with relief once the fae encouraged him to stand, the stretching of his tattered limb a very pleasant feeling despite the twinge of pain that always followed any movement. He allowed his eyes to meet hers then, although hesitantly, and again he felt his heart constrict in his chest. At least he could more easily distract himself with her feminine features now, shoving out the horrible images long enough to form a compliment in his mind. But it failed to pass his lips, for it was then that he caught her enticing scent – this girl was in heat. He blinked, and then blinked again, the gory images of before now replaced with heated images of him and her nestled together. But a third blink chased the impassioned pictures away, and he forced himself to focus on more appropriate things.

At the question stirred by the appearance of his leg, Cerberus glanced down as if forgetting for a moment what had happened as well before looking back up at the wolf now known as Insomnia. His ears twitched forward as they committed her name to memory, and then he briefly dipped his scruffy head in a sort of chivalrous bow. Another wolf and I, as stated before, went out hunting, he began, his pain masked with the duty of relaying the news, and we crossed the path of a mother bear and her cubs. I escaped with these wounds, and the wolfess... He paused, the words now caught in his tightening throat. After a brief silence he muttered, She is dead.

To his great relief, tears did not stream down the coywolf's face like he had anticipated after bearing the news, but a heavy breath instead jumped from his jaws in a puff of warm air that touched the fur of his large chest and sent a chill skittering down his spine. His mismatched eyes fell to the ground once more, and then returned to meet Insomnia's as he let the silence drape over him like a weighted blanket. But he forced himself to focus on another satisfying feature of the girl's face, so as to avoid crumbling in front of her.

[/html]
[html] <style type="text/css"> @import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Kaushan+Script); .InsoOutline {background: url('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/Alphawolf155/Insobg.png') #0D0421 no-repeat top center; width:480px; margin:10px auto; padding:300px 10px 10px 10px; color:#ddd; border: 2px solid #000;} .InsoTitle {text-align:left; font-size:38px; margin:5px; text-shadow: 2px 2px 2px #999; color:#ac5c75; font-family: 'Kaushan Script', cursive;} .InsoSubTitle {text-align:left;font-size:10px; font-weight:bolder; font-family:georgia; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:none; margin:5px 5px 5px 90px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000;} .InsoInfo {text-align:right; font-size:8px; letter-spacing:3px; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #999; color:#FFFFFF; font-weight:bolder; font-family:georgia;} .InsoInput {padding:5px; border: 1px solid #000; background:#0f0526; font-size:11px; color:#49838f; font-family:georgia; opacity 0.75; filter: alpha(opacity = 75); line-height:120%;} .InsoInput b {font-weight:bolder; color:#98667b; font-family:georgia;} .InsoInput b:before { content:open-quote;} .InsoInput b:after { content: close-quote;} .InsoSubtitle2 {font-size:10px; font-weight:bolder; font-family:georgia; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:none; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000;} .InsoInfo2 { text-align:right; font-size:8px; font-family:georgia; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:none; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #999; color:#FFFFFF; font-weight:bolder;} .InsoRevoCredit {text-align:right; font-size:8px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000; color:#b68791; font-weight:bolder;} </style>
Insomnia
I'm out on the edge and I'm screaming my name like a fool at the top of my lungs
OOC: ... || WC: 000

Her heartbeat felt hard against her chest as she lingered in the her own thoughts for several moments.Beauty came in all sorts of shapes and sizes, and Insomnia, in her own, odd way, saw the beauty in many things. A flower is beautiful, a sharming, simple beauty, but beauty nonetheless. A spider's creation was also beautiful, a dazzling, curious beauty, the way the little black creature spun its silk, the strands glistening like diamonds in the rain. Also a simple beauty. This male before her was also beauty, but in a kind, i-want to know him kinda way. She peered at the male, body wary, eyes shining curiously. He was very quite, thinking before he spoke maybe? She wondered what kind of fun she could have with him. Did his appearance deceive who he really was? Was he as strong and cunning as he looked? She shook her head and tried to get these thoughts out. Everyone had a weakness, no one was perfect or invincible. Even she, was not perfect, and she had accepted that. She loved to find out what weakness others had, for she had not yet discovered her own, and would be quite intruiged to know it, so she could guard it better in the future. Even this angel-like demon had a weakness, and though she might not be able to find it, she knew it was there. But didn't everybody love to think themselves as untameable? Untouchable? She thought herself so, though none could break her, none could tame her. And maybe it was true, maybe it wasn't. She would see the truth when she died, whetehr she had been broken or not. The vixen sat, head help up proudly as she examined him. And again the silence rested on her ears like a soft woolen blanket. "It's okay. She gave her life up for you I suppose. Who was she? Or do you not want to talk about it." She looked down at her own scars that were slowly fading away.

sometimes when I close my eyes I pretend I'm alright but it's never enough
Table by Stormie, template by revo. <3
Image courtesy of moonfairy1111@deviantart.com [/html]
[html]

OOC HERE.

Cerberus noted the way in which the fae examined him, and for a moment he almost felt naked, exposed, even vulnerable. Instinctively, his shoulders slumped inward in an attempt to cover himself, but the intrigued glint in the girl’s eye made him puff right up again. And, despite his heavy doubt, her words consoled him to a point that he could function at least somewhat normally again. Though he knew that it probably wasn’t the case, he liked to believe that Blind was just as noble as he, and that she absolutely would have stepped in the way of that bear to protect him. But that wasn’t the case – she had frozen at a time imperative to run, and he hadn’t been able to get to her quickly enough to shove her out of the way of the falling claws and teeth. He couldn’t dare dwell on this thought.

Settling down onto the thawing grass as well, Cerberus released another heavy sigh and offered a curt nod, trying to convince himself that what she said was true. The girl asked who exactly the fallen was, and his tongue curled up to lick his torn snout before he answered, Her name was Blind. That was all he would say, for anything more would send him into a fit of sobs again. So he supposed that in answer to her assumption, no, he didn’t want to talk about it right now, and he continued: Perhaps we can discuss the matter another time. For now, I wish to speak with Zalen or Titania. His brows lifted then, and he leaned forward and absentmindedly flicked his tongue out to brush against the girl’s ear in a casual, yet reassuring way. But of course, you may stay, he added. It would be nice to have some comforting company.

He could feel his old self slowly peeking through the cracks of his pained exterior, as he flashed his large and pleading eyes in her direction and scoot a little closer to the dark-pelted wolfess. This was not to say that he wasn’t still in pain, but he could forget it long enough to act a little garish if it meant avoiding another emotional breakdown. With a huff of his ragged breath, he lowered his body to the ground and lay at Insomnia’s feet, not prepared to move until one of the alphas arrived. Exhaustion was making it harder for him to stay awake.

[/html]
[html]

Short is short :c /+000

She smiled softly and nuzzled the top of his head. He needed comfort, she would be there for him. She looked around. A gentle shake of her head was given as he spoke. "It's okay, Cer" she responded softly. "You did what you had to do. I understand that." Gentle smile danced upon her delicate muzzle as she spoke. "I... I just hope you weren't hurt too terribly bad..."

Soft sigh escaped from her as she leaned her head towards him. There was so much blood staining his beautiful fur. As her muzzle neared his shoulder, salmon tongue slid forth and she began to gently lick away the blood that was already dry. A frown danced upon her muzzle. She couldn't fully tell where all of his wounds were. She wasn't a healer but she would try to help in anyway that she possibly could.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Cerberus
Love me always

Cerberus felt an odd warmth flicker inside of him as Insomnia huddled close and began cleaning his stitched and scabbing wounds. He winced at the tiny sting of pain that her stroking tongue roused, but eventually he was able to ignore it and it gave way to an unusual sort of relief. He sat still and quiet, awaiting the arrival of a higher-ranking wolf, all the while debating whether or not he should lift his head and howl again. But he kept his jaws shut tight, and held still so the wolfess could continue her work.

I am not too badly hurt, no, he finally said in answer to her worries. A little sore and quite a bit tired, but otherwise I’m fine. But I appreciate your concern. His mismatched eyes swiveled over to meet hers for a brief moment before they fell away again and stared out at the horizon. His entire being ached to return home, to see the familiar faces of his other packmates, and perhaps even interact with Insomnia in a more casual setting. But he wouldn’t push things – for one it seemed desperate, and for two he was far too tired. The young hybrid lowered his head to rest it on his paws, though slowly enough that he didn’t jar himself away from Insomnia’s soft, nursing tongue. The sun warmed his mottled fur and provided further comfort, and it was all he could do to keep from dozing off.

OOC

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Rancho);</style>Titania Moonsong

burning the ground, I break from the crowd
I'm on the hunt I'm after you

strut on a line, it's discord and rhyme

AND I'M HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF

Word Count :: 600+Once again let me apologize for my delay in coming in to this thread. Like I said, Disneyland. X.x Replies will be timely now! Also, I tried very hard not to PP any of these actions, so feel free to counter/negate what you need/want to in your replies.

Something was amiss within New Dawn, but Titania hadn’t quite put her paw on it yet. There was something… a scent?... that had sent a trill of anger down her spine earlier this morning, but she had only caught it on the wind and it was so faint that it did not speak to her instincts as it would have had she been closer to the scent’s origin. This mystery, and the feeling that it had given her, had put the Alphess in a very sour mood.

She had been patrolling… no, not patrolling… stalking her territory all day since. She wished to track it down, find out what it was that had made her hackles rise on instinct and made her heart pound angrily against her ribs. It had only been a tease, though, and not enough to have tracked it back to its source. There was a threat. A threat to her and New Dawn, she decided, and it needed to be ousted, so when the foreign howl rang through her realm it ruffled the ridge of fur from nape to tail. With her head and tail held high, Titania started the sprint that would bring her to the border where the call had been made.

As she neared, nothing served to ease her temper. That scent that had roused her earlier was back, and this time it was more than a small inkling. Now she knew what it was, long before she had found the pair. Another female was in heat.

By the time she could see them, laying there nestled together like night and day, her eyes were narrowed with ire and her lip curled back instinctively. The fact that she was laying at the borders nuzzling an apparent stranger only aided the Alphess in jumping to further conclusions… conclusions that were none too favorable for Insomnia.

Seeing the “touching” scene before her fueled Titania’s haste, and her gait broke from a brisk lope into a full run. Sturdy paws drummed against the ground, barely braking speed even as she was upon them. If they caught a glimpse of her face they would see the mask of a furious alphess, charging in to handle a multitude of threats.

She bulldozed into them without remorse. If they didn’t leap up and move, she would trample on them and wriggle her way between them with snapping jaws until the two were separated, no remorse for Cerberus’s wounds and not yet recognizing the returning member – though she soon would. She swung her head at Cerberus and her teeth clacked together as she tried to drive him away from Insomnia, and at the same time she pushed her weight against Insomnia, hoping to shoulder her up and shove her as she moved her own rump around, pushing her back and away.

“What is the meaning of this!” the alphess demanded, fanned tail curled over her hip as she bit for Insomnia’s scruff and tried to pull her farther away from Cerberus. She was beginning to grow aware of the stranger’s wounds, and assuming he could not attack in this state she was more concerned with the subord’s insolence. If her attempted hold on Insomnia’s ruff found purchase, then she would next shove her to the ground and stand over her.

Her molten gaze turned to Cerberus, and shocked recognition was suddenly there. He had been gone for weeks; it was assumed that he had abandoned New Dawn. But now he was back… and had he? He was an outsider now, and if he had dared take Insomnia then he would be treated as any other menace to her pack. “You! What do you think you are doing?!” She spat, communicating with more lupine growls and body stance than actual language.

image from dawnthieves; code template by kitty; table by raze

<style>
.Hltw_razkit p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; line-height:16px;}
.Hltw_razkit b {color:#ffff62; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.Hltw_razkit {background-color:#605f5f; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#f1efed; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XNRhd.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:440px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #463837; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.Hltw_razkit .name {text-align:center; font-family:Rancho; color:#ffff62; font-size:65px; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:25px; letter-spacing:2px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.Hltw_razkit .lyrics {font-family:georgia; color:#f1efed; font-size:15px; padding:6px 0px 10px 0px; line-height:12px; text-align:center;}
.Hltw_razkit .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:10px; border-bottom:2px dotted #3a3629; padding:0px 15px 0px 0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here. /+000

Insomnia saw Titania running towards the two of them and started to whine. Than she blacked out as her alpha separated the two. She looked at the ground, her ears pressed against her head. "I-Im..sorry...." She got down on the ground on her belly. She was worthless and she knew it. "I-
i....am sorry..."
She looked at Cerberus, her eyes pleading and than looked up to the alpha. "I...I don't know why.."

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Cerberus
Love me always

Exhaustion nearly overtook Cerberus as he succumbed to the lulling, healing strokes of Insomnia’s tongue. Though he should have been up on his feet, watching for the alphas, the herbs the merchant had given him the keep the pain at bay while he travelled were starting to wear off, and the cuts on his face were beginning to scream at him again. All he could seem to think of – at least now that he’d settled down to rest – was how Ciara would feel about him now. How would she react to his face? How would she react to his RETURN after seemingly disappearing? An overwhelming suspicion that she had moved on crept up in the coywolf’s throat and threatened to choke him, but he immediately brushed it off when he saw a mottled figure sprinting over the hills toward them now.

Cerberus lifted his head, gently breaking the connecting with Insomnia’s tongue, and his bi-colored eyes narrowed in order to more decently see who it was. For a moment, he thought that perhaps it was Ciara. Had she recognized his howl and come to see him? But as the canine neared them, the scarf of auburn fur that adorned this creature’s shoulders told him that it was in fact Titania, the alphess of New Dawn. While he’d never actually met the fae, all he’d ever heard of her was how lovely she was and how lucky Zalen was to have her as a mate. And now he could see why as she drew nearer, though the expression on her face made him pause in wonder for a moment. Rising to his feet, the battered hybrid readied himself to bow, but when Titania showed no signs of coming to a halt, Ceri yelped and scrambled out of the way. He unintentionally lowered to the ground then, his position more cowardly than submissive as he watched the alphess scold Insomnia. He opened his mouth to protest, to try and defend her in some way, but those golden eyes bore holes deep down to his soul when they turned on him, and suddenly he felt all the guilt of failing to save Blind return full-force.

Alphess Titania! he cried. It’s me, Cerberus Antum! I was once part of this pack, and I have returned after an unfortunate turn of events to dissuade any suspicions that I have abandoned New Dawn! He paused for a moment, his gaze immediately moving to the woman’s feet as his body hugged even tighter against the ground. Then he continued: As you may recall, young Blind and I left to the forest weeks ago. We’d gone out to hunt, as I promised I’d show her how, and we crossed the path of a mother bear along the way. In her attempt to protect her cubs, the bear struck Blind down and I was badly wounded... She is dead my Alphess, and I have come seeking my home once again to return to my brothers and sisters and relay the horrible news.

Ceri’s ragged breaths racked his entire body, and he trembled before the snarling fae. Tears welled up in his mismatched eyes, but he sought to fight them back as he awaited her judgment. He could only imagine how pitiful he looked, but his insurmountable self-loathing kept him huddled in his whelp-like stance. He had failed Blind to the utmost degree, and now he only hoped he didn’t prove to be a failure in his leader’s eyes as well.

No worries, thanks for hoppin’ in ^^

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Rancho);</style>Titania Moonsong

Word Count :: 500+ It will get better guys, don't worry! lol Wink

The situation was under control fast. There seemed to be next to no resistance in Insomnia and Titania was able to shove her around to her heart’s content, ending with the wolfess crouching to the ground to show her submission. She cared not for the self loathing words, but was thankful that this was all she said. No explanation would do, Titania was no fool and she knew what was going on here.

Straddling Insomnia with her forelegs, hind legs off to the side, she laid down on top of her, but whether her intent was to hold her down or to protect her was unclear. She fought with the urge to snap her muzzle as punishment as her angry eyes focused on Cerberus. Yes, she recognized this man from before, it was certain. She could not recall a close personal relationship with him, but he had been a part of her pack and so a part of them all. He’d disappeared around the same time as Blind, though, peculiarly enough. It didn’t take him long to spew his explanation, either.

Some of her fury was appeased by his cowering, leaving the Alphess susceptible to reason. Standing up and releasing Insomnia from beneath her, she moved between them again, now standing tall as she looked down at the white male. “That’s right… you and Blind disappeared at the same time…” there was only the slightest lilt in her voice that sounded like suspicion, but if she had any thoughts of foul play, the wounds on his face and body told her otherwise. The story did fit, after all. The man’s wounds were consistent with the damage that could be dealt by bear claws, and those beasts had been known to ravage their kind before. Even with the pack around, a bear had the ability to tear a wolf to shreds. Without the pack, one wrong move would leave you… well, like Blind.

She dropped her head for a moment, closing her eyes in mourning of their fallen comrade. “At least now we know what happened to her…” she rasped, and for a moment her tangible anger diffused. “The pack will mourn our lost sister.”

When she opened her eyes again her temper was cooled, but some of the spark was still there before. “But to come back like this,” her words were calculated, tone held tightly in check as she nodded towards Insomnia. “What are your intentions? To spread your seed and usurp Zalen’s leadership? To usurp my own?!” As she went on, she became more heated, and took a few steps towards Cerberus before changing her mind and turning back to Insomnia.

Lowering her head, she nosed at Insomnia’s pelt. Cerberus’s scent was thick on her fur, but not nearly as strong as if they had been closer than they were. Perhaps they had both restrained themselves.

Finally she gave Insomnia a small, comforting nudge – just one – and then looked into her mismatched eyes. “Tell me. Did you betray us?”

She looked at Cerberus in the same way. “And you? Did you? Now or ever, while you were gone?” Perhaps they didn’t know it, but the Alphess was ready to forgive. Despite trying to hold her mask in place she believed Cerberus’s story, and she believed that she had found him and Insomnia in the wrong moment. She was on edge because of Insomnia’s cycle, that’s all.

<style>
.Hltw_razkit p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; line-height:16px;}
.Hltw_razkit b {color:#ffff62; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.Hltw_razkit {background-color:#605f5f; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#f1efed; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XNRhd.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:440px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #463837; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.Hltw_razkit .name {text-align:center; font-family:Rancho; color:#ffff62; font-size:65px; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:25px; letter-spacing:2px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.Hltw_razkit .lyrics {font-family:georgia; color:#f1efed; font-size:15px; padding:6px 0px 10px 0px; line-height:12px; text-align:center;}
.Hltw_razkit .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:10px; border-bottom:2px dotted #3a3629; padding:0px 15px 0px 0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here. /+000

Insomnia's chin ached on the ground as she laid there with her legs sprawled out behind her. Her black belly was exposed to the dirt and such and her front paws slid in front of her nose. Her eyes were closed tightly shut while she endured the slight pain that had suddenly come to her. Nothing was broken only bruised. She stayed on her stomach though as Titania got up and started questioning Cerby. She sighed to herself and tried to lick her nose to get some dirt out of it. As she turned back to her and asked if she had betrayed the pack she shook her head and automatically sat up straight. "I would NEVER do that. I am loyal to this pack and you and Zalen." She looked into the eyes of her alphess and her eyes pleaded that they told the truth. She would never do anything to go against the ones she loved. She wouldn't have anyone if it weren't for this pack. She looked than at Cerberus and smiled a bit. "He was hurt and tired, I was only trying to help him.."

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Trade+Winds);</style>
Cerberus
Word Count :: 000 Hehe angry alphess is angry >u<

Cerberus was so engulfed in self-loathing that he almost believed the alphess’ biting accusations. It was all he could do to keep himself from buckling under the pressure and admitting to everything she said, despite the fact that it wasn’t true. Reason eventually trickled back to him, however, when Insomnia’s eyes found his, and she mentioned that her only intent was to help him. He didn’t risk a smile, for he knew Titania might see this as a sign that they perhaps held some sort of secret between them. So his face remained placid, and his posture remained low. His own mismatched orbs swiveled over to Titania, and while they did not meet her eyes, they rose just a bit to gaze at her rigid shoulders.

I wouldn’t think of…of committing such TREASON against you and Zalen, he said. Your mate was so kind to look past my insecurities and provide for me a home…the last thing I would want to do is go against the very law of nature and mate with a wolf that was not my betrothed, especially being a lower ranking wolf myself. Ceri glanced over at Insomnia, portraying to her with his eyes that he meant no offense by saying this. She was indeed a beautiful wolf and he’d be lucky to have her, but he wouldn’t risk betraying the only home he’d ever felt he belonged to in order to do it. Insomnia, he continued, is telling the truth. I had nearly collapsed from exhaustion by the time she arrived, and she was merely cleaning my wounds – those were not kisses she was sharing with me.

Cerberus felt himself scramble for solutions and answers, but none seemed to greet him as he remained cowering before the alphess. He should never have taken Blind out hunting in the first place – she’d tried to tell him it was a waste of time, and he hadn’t listened. He thought he’d been doing a good deed by teaching a wolf as broken as her how to hunt, and now the deed proved to be nothing more than a terrible mistake. In a voice coated with grief, he lowered his eyes all the way to the ground and spoke once more: Titania, mighty alphess, if you choose to turn me away and send me back to the forest from whence I came then I will understand and do so without complaint. But if there is any chance that I might still have a home here… I had to try.

Shifting his weight so that his belly now touched the ground, Cerberus turned his head away to peer out at the forest below them. It was true; if he didn’t have a place here, then he would gladly retreat to the woods and never return. But something inside of him, something very small, told him that he belonged here, though he knew that even if he belonged here it was very possible for him to have to live his life somewhere else. Pointing his nose back to Titania’s paws, he found solace in the fact that at least New Dawn would mourn Blind’s passing, whether he was there or not. That alone was enough to force his stance into that of pure submission, and not one persuaded by cowardice.

Image courtesy of UmbraDeNoapte-Stock

<style>
.SS15141211_Cerberus .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.SS15141211_Cerberus p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.SS15141211_Cerberus b {font-family:verdana; color:#7fa58c; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.SS15141211_Cerberus {background-color:#0d091e; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#dae2d7; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/3430/atab3.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:266px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #586261; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.SS15141211_Cerberus .name {text-align:right; font-family:Trade Winds; color:#556260; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:28px;}
.SS15141211_Cerberus .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#ffffff; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #5c7774;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 400+ Welcome back!

There was a long silence as Titania considered both wolves’ cases. Neither of them had the scent of the act that she suspected them of committing when she had found them, and despite her natural tendencies to look down upon a female in season she could not blame Insomnia for being in nature’s state. Her eyes moved between the two, watching them, waiting for one of them to crack, for a tell that their stories were in fact facades, but neither crumbled under the weight of silence.

Finally, she nodded. “Insomnia,” she addressed the Subord first. “You have committed no crime, only showed compassion to an injured brother.” With this statement, she acknowledged that she was wrong without actually saying it. It was the closest she would come. “He is technically an outsider, but after such a disappearance we really can’t expect you to have made the decision that he was still ousted from our pack. You did the right thing. However, and she raised her head a little higher then. “You are to remain away from the borders of New Dawn until your cycle has passed. You may travel the heart of the land, only. We do not want another misunderstanding, and we certainly do not want any wandering scum to be drawn to our borders looking for you.”

“As for you, Cerberus,” she turned away from Insomnia and stepped up to the low male. Looking down at him, she lowered her head, sniffing at his snout for a moment before placing a single lap on one of the wounds. She straightened back up. “Your injuries make me believe your story. I am proud that, after so much, you have returned to your home in New Dawn, and you have brought closure to us about two missing members. Welcome home.”

She let it sink in for a moment, but the look in her eye said that she was not all finished yet.

“There is a stipulation for you, too, though. You embarked upon a hunting expedition that took you outside of New Dawn’s lands. You did not tell us what you were doing, and you only took one inexperienced wolf with you. This was irresponsible,” in fact, it made him partially responsible for Blind’s death, but his grief and his wounds were enough punishment. She didn’t need to drive that fact home any further. “You owe a debt to your family, but if you are as loyal as you say, you will be equal with your brothers and sisters very soon. Welcome, Omega.”

Despite the circumstances, there was a thrill within Titania when she named him Omega. She had felt a loss when Noah was promoted to Subord, for she was an Alphess who held deep affection for her Omega.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
Rest now, traveler, for you are home.

Your brothers and sisters welcome you to New Dawn!

Congratulations! You no longer stray from the path and have returned to life as a true wolf. You do not have to face this world alone, and now may rely on the wisdom of your pack to guide you.

• Take a moment to check out our Game and the Moons to see how you can start collecting rewards.
  • Remember to study your new realm by reviewing the Map and Territory Guide so you may know the land in which your family thrives. Do not be afraid to travel anywhere within the borders of New Dawn.
  • Please read about our Culture and take a moment to review our Policies so you are best equipped to live as a true wolf.

If you have any questions or concerns you may always seek your alphas' guidance by contacting Nat (Zalen Damaichu) or Nuki (Titania Moonsong). Feel free to start posting in your new home immediately, or if you would like to plan a thread you may poke your muzzle around in Thread Requests or Open Threads!

[/html]
[html]

Cerberus couldn’t help but feel responsible for the restriction placed on Insomnia. If he hadn’t let his guard down, she wouldn’t have to worry about where she was on the packlands. But he understood Titania’s rules, too, because being a male himself, Cerberus knew all too well how easy it would be for any brute to scoop Insomnia up and do what they pleased with her. And perhaps she’d come to see it as a good thing, too - it would give her an opportunity to socialize with the pack members when they were around.

It was HIS sentence, however, that took a chunk out of his already-damaged pride. Omega? Had he really fallen so low? Omega was the rank reserved for trouble-makers and dimwitted wolves, wasn’t it? But as Titania explained her reasoning, he began to feel it was entirely fair. He certainly should have told someone where they were going, and he certainly should have kept Blind within the territorial boundaries. None of this would have happened if he’d simply followed those words of advice in the beginning. But what was done was done, and now Cerberus was just glad he had a home again.

Thank you alphess, he said, remaining low to the ground. I understand, and won’t make the same mistake twice. And that was all he said, for anything more seemed unnecessary. Rising to his feet, he gave his crippled body a gentle shake, and then readied himself to follow Titania and Insomnia back to the heart of New Dawn.

Yay! Thought I’d just throw in a short post to wrap it up :3

<style type="text/css">
.ceroll b {font-weight:bold; color:#af7945; font-size:16px; letter-spacing:0px; text-shadow:#fff 1px 1px 2px;}
.ceroll p:first-line {font-weight:bold; font-size:16px; letter-spacing:0px; }
.ceroll p:first-letter {font-weight:bold; font-size:18px; letter-spacing:0px;}
.ceroll .ooc {text-align:right; padding:5px 10px; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px;}
.ceroll p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ceroll {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#dfcdbb; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/A8Dtz.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fff; border-radius:20px; padding: 330px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: garamond, sans-serif; font-size:15px; color:#676058; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]