Not quite so vigilant now
[html]

Next meeting, set one day after the first on‌e =)

He stood the same place he'd been standing the day they'd met. His injuries were still unhealed, but for some reason they didn't bother him so much right now...his world didn't revolve around his capacity as a warrior right now, his bodies incapacitation wasn't a worthlessness of his person. It was just a reason why he didn't have to be at the border so much right now.

It was still strange to him that all this had happened. How...he had only met her twice, so how had this feeling come about? It wasn't very realistic to think that two people were right for one another after two meetings, but that seemed a weak argument to what he was feeling right now, to what the both of them had felt yesterday. The sun was just peaking over the treetops, it was morning, and he found himself waiting here, with the best view of the country-side beneath him, however obscured by the Dampwoods it might be. Would she come here again? He wasn't sure, but he knew that returning to Shadowed Sun right now would be foolish, at least until he'd bathed himself. To allay the suspicion of those around him, but even more importantly because it needed to be a secret for her. If her people discovered what had happened, what was happening...he hated to think what they would try to do to her.

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]
[html]
I fail at life ! D=

You are the weapon I choose.

Asphyxia didn't know what to think of the wolf that turned from being a stranger pretty quick. Skoll had moved her in a way not a lot of wolves, especially wolves, had done before. Quietly she made it to the spot they had first met, the place they were secretly meeting now. As the black coyote made it to the peak, she smiled as she walked over and sat beside Skoll, putting not a lot of distance between them. Asphyxia didn't even say a word, she just sat there, words were unnecessary as she looked over at him, happiness shining in her eyes. She was so confused why she felt this way, but he had saved her life and the way he treated her with such...respect the first time they met. Everything she was doing with him went against everything she felt, everything she stood for. Hating wolves, when they were exactly like coyotes, if anything coyotes were the bad guys because they were the ones to start chaos but for some reason, every wolf but Skoll was who she hated and no real reason why either, except for Haku.

[/html]
[html]

You don't fail at life, though we should get this moving a little faster if we want any more to come of it before the end of the month!

"I wasn't sure you would come," he said after a moment. They had shared a few happy moments under the thick canopy of the southern woods, but he knew that she was in much more danger than he was...he half expected her to steer clear of him from that point on, before she ended up with her skull on one of the sticks lining Inferni's borders. What made him feel the worst was the knowledge that she was a coyote, and to some degree belonged to her own people just as he belonged to his. If they decided to abuse her or kill her for her association with him, even with his abilities, he could not simply walk into Inferni and stop them.

"I'm having a hard time keeping my mind clear," he said after a moment, his eyes studying her gracile features. He saw her face, one which had shown him tenderness, but he knew had shown cruelty and viciousness to many others of his kind. It was troubling that he was having difficulties...his job required a sharp mind, but right now she was all he was thinking about, it seemed. "Despite that, I'm glad to see you again." The truth was, he had an even harder time keeping his thoughts straight when she wasn't around.

[/html]
[html]
Yupp.(=

The black coyote looked out at the view before looking back at him, "Of course I'd come, although I was expecting that you would not show either.." she chuckled a little at the thought, the fact that they both expected the same things from each other. Asphyxia looked at the trouble wolf, she brushed her hand along his spine, "What's wrong, love?" she knew to comfort him was best, speak to him and understand exactly what was troubling his mind. Although she was smiling because he said that he was happy to see her.

[/html]
[html]

I'll get to replies much faster tonight, I was just tired last night and turned in earlier than you =P

For a moment, his mind buzzed at her touch. People had always given him his space...he was dangerous, or he at least had an extreme capacity for being so, and people generally maintained a respectful distance. This was the first time in a long time that he had been so casually touched by anyone. It felt...wonderful, in a subdued way. Relaxing, even though his blood was up at the contact.

"This is just new to me, is all," he said, releasing the tension in his shoulders. "You're the first person I've been involved with in over four years...I feel like a young wolf all over again, my world-weariness seems to be gone. It isn't easy keeping my skills sharp when you're around Asphyxia...but it's even harder when you're not." He turned to face her, unsure of where this meeting would go next.

[/html]
[html]
I never slept is why you turned in earlier than me. T.T

Asphyxia smiled at his words. She didn't think much when he was around, she only thought about him, like they were the only two wolves left in the world. The day seemed bland but as soon as they met up, it seemed worth getting up everyday to see his face. "Let me tell you, this is quite new to me too. However, it hasn't been all that long... but when you're around it seems like almost... all the bad in the world is gone." she smiled as her angelic voice carried amongst the spot they were sitting. Without breaking eye contact, she reached for his hand, brushed hers over the top of his, "The only fear that I'll ever have when you are around, is what's going to happen if someone from Inferni found out... or even worse... a wolf that could twist so much stuff around about what they saw, either way I'd still be dead. However, I guess I would already be dead if it wasn't for you, I'd be spreading rabies around the lands without any thought of what I'm doing. So I guess there is no reason to fear."

[/html]
[html]

"If they ever found out, you couldn't go back...but they couldn't do anything to you if I were around. I've fought Gabriel before, and I'm more than a match for him. If he arrives with numbers, I will draw my weapons. They would sooner leave you alone than lose more members to kill you. Gabriel is more rational than his mother, by what I've seen, losing you in addition to the two or three I would kill would weaken their position, and with the fight with Dahlia brewing, I doubt they can spare those numbers." He wasn't sure how certain he could be of his words, but Gabriel played the game of politics. If Skoll could see the problems with sending a party out to harm Asphyxia despite her protector, then Gabriel certainly saw it as well. After all, if his need for vengeance against Skoll was great enough to make such a foolish move, he probably would have tried long ago.

"I know what you mean, though. I spend so much time concerned with guarding the border of my packlands, so much time considering my enemies and the best ways of defending against them, preparing myself each morning for a fight with someone who would seek me or my pack harm. It's been a long time since I had something which took precedence over that." He moved closer to her as he said this. "As long as I have strength left in me, I'll go to any length to make sure you are safe, Asphyxia."

[/html]
[html]
ooc

Asphyxia listened to his words and she did realize it was true. However, she wasn't talking much about Gabriel, more or so Hybrid. Even if she gave birth to him, it wouldn't mean much after she went against everything they stood for, just for one wolf. However, the words to come after made her stomach flutter, her whole body felt light and she started to feel dizzy. The black coyote started to wonder if this is what love felt like, or was it stupidity. Whatever it was, it felt great and she was going to risk her life just for one, as he promised to protect her no matter what. "Thank you. That means a lot to hear you say that." and with barely even a breath after that, she leaned in and kissed him.

[/html]
[html]

Taking his hands away, Skoll wrapped his arms around here, just like the last time. He...he had done himself a great disservice, shutting himself away like he did. Certainly, he wasn't much for looks, his scarred visage had left him with a face that could make women cringe. But Phoenix had been right. He had qualities which were valued as well, and not just by those who needed a fighter. This coyote before him, she valued him as something other than a bodyguard, as something more than the position he filled.

That moment stretched on, and he did not want to let it go. This spontaneous passion had been absent from his life, and now that it was here he welcomed it with all his heart. She was beautiful, her voice and her face and her body, and her...he suspected she had done bad things, but had he not also? Had he not directly taken the lives of dozens of individuals for his own beliefs, or so that other people wouldn't have to? In this world, everyone tried to do what they felt was best, but often that turned out badly.

"I'll never get tired of that," he said, pulling his mouth away from hers as slightly as possible.

[/html]
[html]
ooc

Breath taken away from her again, she fell into his spell. Why didn't Skoll have someone around for four years? Four years was a long time, four years ago, she was born and thinking about it that way made it odd. She still didn't understand why he didn't have a lover since then, and maybe it was because he didn't want one, but rather if he liked it or not, she came on over without Skoll having any say in the matter. His words were like nothing she ever heard, and she whispered, "Same." as she still clung onto him, head pressed against his shoulder and looking out at the beautiful view. No words were needed still, but they chose to talk, and what was amazing was that she could sit there forever in his arms.

[/html]
[html]

A good place to wrap up and we jump forward a little bit in time for the next one?

Their embrace held different qualities than had their kiss, but he valued it no less. He hoped it wouldn't have to end, and for a moment he hid his thoughts from the knowledge that it would, eventually. He stayed there like that for what felt like a long time, unthinking of the consequences of their actions. He had just done as he'd always done when he rescued her, but even she, who was on the side of those who hated and slandered him most, appreciated his deed. What was more, her feelings seemed to have emerged from before that event, genuine and real, and not a trick of impulse.

"Let's go further up the mountain," he said, looking into her eyes. "No one will find us further up, and I've never been; the view might be even better." He said this with a sort of youthful enthusiasm he hadn't known for a long, long time. With her, he felt like a two-year old again, and he planned to reclaim his youth.

[/html]
[html]
a bit powerplay just so we can end it with them walking off. haha

As he spoke about going up the mountain she nodded with a smile plastered on her face and a bit wider than how she had it before, "That sounds perfect." As she stood up she looked around, helping Skoll up after and then she started to walk with him. Asphyxia was going to have to clean up a bit later, considering if Hybrid or Faolin, even Gabriel smelled Skoll on her but yet he was still walking around alive, it wouldn't end too well.

[/html]