rough and tumble
backdated to 17th.

Iskata was sore as hell but she couldn't complain, the strnger new friend she'd aquired had patched her up and she was alive. She felt stupid for having done what she'd done but she was furious at the coyotes for the trouble they kept calling and she was tired of holding her temper at bay. She lay her head down on her uninjured foreleg and stared up at the stars that were slowly creeping into the sky as dusk was settling all around her. The wash of the shoreline was trying to lull her to sleep but she'd been sleeping all morning and wasn't about to drift again. She was worrying about those wolves she'd managed to gather together and what they would do if Gabriel turned against them. He didn't know yet of their formation that was setting up now but she knew that sooner or later he'd learn. She hoped it was far later in the future, for everyones sake.

Turning her eyes to gaze at the moonlight dancing over the ocean she rearranged herself to gather a bit more warmth from the sunning stone she'd been spending her evening upon. Sooner or later she knew she'd have to disappear from the stone less her own body heat would be leeched from herself to warm the rock who didn't even need her warmth. She sighed and closed her eyes, her ears perked for the sound of others in the area, wishing that she knew where her friend was, she hadn't seen Deuce in a few days and wanted to talk to the cream hued fae, there were so many plans they had sitting around gathering dust that she wanted another set of eyes and ears in to see if two minds could come up with better solutions and clear away some of the jumbled ideas. She hoped she'd figure out where the lady'd been the past few weeks.
[html]There was always this sincere beauty when the day was in the middle of shifting into night. The world settled, yet came alive. The darkness that crept up over the scenery and slowly strangled the colors until all that was left for the eye to see was black and gray, together with an imaginary hue of soft blue. The wind whispered silently through the empty human buildings, through the trees, tickling the leaves gently. The sound of the waves a soft lullaby for lost souls, and Colibri drifted down towards the shore together with the empty ghosts. The failure mother was the same as always, a bright flare in the dark because of the blessed fur. Her eyes were dark as always, deep pools where those who dived into them died. She was already dead.

The relative, though not directly through blood, was in front of her, and she slowly halted, letting the breeze catch up with her and swipe a light scent of presence to the younger female. Iskata. Colibri should have turned and left, but as usual, she did not what she wanted. She never knew what she wished for in general anyway. She could claim she was empty, but sadly it was not that simple. She was chaos, an emotional wreck. Was it becoming better since she left Dahlia behind? She could not tell, because every day she felt the same. Dying from the inside, moths brushing her with dust and making her ancient. There was nothing more for her, she did not wish for more. She was old at heart, and it is the heart that matters.

Are you okay? I’m not okay, I am not okay. [/html]

Iskata heard the steps but she really didn't care, when the voice spoke her name she lifted her head and smiled sadly at the lady woh was approaching. One short wag of her tail was the only reply the woman got to calling out her name, but when the concern fell upon Iskata's ears and she remembered what she looked like all sewn together and beaten and bruised she smiled again and shook her head slowly. "I'll live Colibir.. I'll live, like always." She didn't know how many times she'd been hurt emotionally or physically in her life but nothing had killed her yet and she wouldn't let this time start her downward spiral. She was strong deep down inside hidden behind that brick wall she'd built.

Sighing softly she lifted her head off her leg and tried to stand up, keeping her weight off the injured foreleg as she slid off the boulder and moved towards the ivory lass. The noticeable limp increased as she cursed herself for even staying in this form, knowing she was little use for protection if something else attacked her, but she was too tired to change. Licking her ruff slowly as she stopped short of her old friend she looked back across the beach and then back to Colibri before admitting. "Like always, I let my temper get the best of me and look what it got me..." she'd never admit the truth, she'd never admit just how much she hurt deep inside, the emotional pain that she'd been trying to ignore for so long, the lonely feelings since Phoenix hadn't returned. How her children had wandered and started their own lives.. she was hurt bad, but not what was seen to the naked eye, it was something more, she needed what she'd lost. She needed a family to care for again.. and it seemed her dreams were slipping away with every threat from those beasts.