Assuming direct control
[html]

Sunset :]

Wretch had once thought that she was suited for pack life and that she would live within the boundaries of a pack for the entirety of her existence, but once she had officially left Ichika she had realized that the pack borders hadn't been there for her protection, but to cage her. The small taste of freedom that she had gotten after her explorations outside of the borders had left her craving more and more, leading her to eventually leave the pack behind altogether. She preferred her solitude to almost anything else, keeping to herself and making her own agenda. Wretch didn't dislike companionship, she had simply found that it wasn't absolutely necessary and was just as happy alone as she was traveling alongside another creature.

The pup that she'd found outside of Ichika's borders had been given to a trusted luperci named Brooklyn to care for outside of the lands, a distant cousin of hers who she had found wandering in the ashen territories a few weeks prior. The white, scarred luperci had seemed afraid of her at first but had readily taken the pup after the explanation that Wretch had given her and the week that they had spent together. Wretch was a loner, with no pack to support such a young creature...and her cousin was not. The white she-wolf had seemed to need the pup...whereas Wretch had seen the young whelp as a bit of a hindrance. Brooklyn had told Wretch of her adventures beyond the lands and about the pack that she was now a part of in New Brunswick...of her supposed inability to bear pups of her own and the heartache that had driven she and her now ex-mate apart. It had been an easy choice.

Now she wandered the territories alone and without anything to tie her to one place or another. Just how she preferred it. The shifted hybrid had spent the better part of the day hunting and had a few small catches slung over one shoulder next to her backpack - a hare and a squirrel. She wasn't paying too much attention to her surroundings, too caught up in the sight of the sunset off in the distant hills, and gasped when a tall, male figure stepped out of the surrounding woods toward her. "Hey there, little girl. You got enough of that to share?" She swallowed hard, staring back at the figure. It looked to be a wolf, at least two heads taller than she. A glint of metal in his hand made her eyes widen even further, and she reached very slowly and quietly for the long knife that she kept strapped to her thigh. "None for you." It wasn't the first time she'd been mistaken for a child due to her stature, though she was a full adult. "I'll just have to take it for myself, then..." The other luperci said, making a lunge forward.

<style>
.wretch_forest .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.wretch_forest p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.wretch_forest b {color:#84ba35; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.wretch_forest {background-color:#d3eed4; background-image:url(http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9266 ... forest.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5b8f80; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 210px 0px; }
.wretch_forest-border {width:404px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table image © me'nthedogs @ Flickr
[/html]
[html]

Before you signed off I forgot to ask what you wanted Ezra to do with this guy… I guess just say he left in your post?

While Hillsburn had been quite possibly the most fun Ezra had ever had in his life the secui had never felt completely comfortable there. Maybe it was because there was no established pack which meant no established order… except for Barry’s word being law. The influx of new residents had also made him slightly uncomfortable. He knew he would have to leave soon, but where he and Eli would go the man had no idea.

Since obtaining Petra, Ezra hadn’t gone on much running trips, preferring to keep his still slightly wild horse happy with long exercises. Today, the man knew it was time for another mindless ride near the city for exploring. After telling Barry not to wait up for him, the husky shifted and took off into the sunset with his son.

Eli loved the horse, finding the way her body moved under him incredible. Petra was a powerhouse, and had never failed the husky family yet. She had settled down quite a bit in the past year and the trio had become very close. Her gallop was incredibly soothing to her riders, who were both day dreaming while heading nowhere in particular.

The thundering hooves had slowed down to a walk after quite some time due to exhaustion. They had been traveling for quite a while though the hybrid was unsure of how long. Eli still clung to his father’s optime body carefully so as not to fall. A faint humming of voices drove the man out of his reverie, curious as to who might be there. The scent of a freshly killed meal also caught his attention, his rumbling belly eager for sustenance.

The voices grew louder as he got nearer, and he caught the tail end of their conversation. Ezra saw the woman just as the stranger struck, and Ezra’s mind switched to a more primal, aggressive way of thinking. He jumped off the horse, not even saying a word to his son, and sprung into action. His gigantic arms threw the male off her body, and he quickly pounced, teeth connecting into the stranger’s flesh.

“How dare you pray on the innocent like that,” the hybrid snarled, furious. He whipped around, remembering the poor girl was still there. “Are you alright?” he asked carefully, concern lacing through his words.

[/html]
[html]

Him running off was just fine ^^

She had been expecting a fight and had her blade up and ready for the swing of the other's knife, catching it and trying to pull back. The brute was swift, though, gouging the fat of her upper arm with it twice before help arrived. Wretch was doubly surprised to spot the form of the other canine as they rushed out of the brush toward her. She'd been completely focused on the blade of the stranger and avoiding it before this new figure had arrived, and now wondered frantically if she would have to deal with two adversaries now. Had he somehow called another canine to come and fight against her?

Things became more clear as she took a few steps back. The first male lunged toward her once more but was thrown back by the other. Perhaps the black and white one was getting him off of her so that he could take his own chances against her. Her nose worked quickly to try to discern a pack scent from either one of them, but she found herself unable to. Words rang clearly though the clearing - an innocent? Did he mean her?

The first canine gave a loud whine of pain and disappeared off into the forests again, dropping his weapon on the ground nearby. She glanced sideways at Ezra, his back turned to her for the moment, and scampered toward the knife to pick it up just in case. She didn't know him, and in these lands one was just as likely to get attacked as they were to receive any kind of help. Wretch had won and lost her own fair share of battles and knew that having a weapon was a key part of it. The more she had, the safer she felt.

The silver hybrid placed the knife in her pack, wincing as her arm stretched out. It was bleeding quickly now and she held it out to allow the blood to drip down onto the ground instead of her fur. "I'll live." Her words came shakily as she reached a hand up to hold the deep cuts closed. She could scarcely believe that anyone would come to her rescue, much less another loner. Most only looked out for themselves, she had found. "Why'd you attack? I could've had him in a few more rounds, I think" Perhaps not while injured, though.

<style>
.wretch_forest {background-color:#d3eed4; background-image:url(http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9266 ... forest.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5b8f80; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 210px 0px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
short bleh

She was bleeding. The hybrid looked at her with concern, but she didn’t seem too broken up about the event. In fact, Ezra was disappointed with her response. Ezra didn’t need to help her out, she probably could have taken the large brute on her own. Or so she thought. Maybe his meddling was unwanted by the silver female. Either way, the optime man inched closer to the woman, intending to check out her wounds. She was now hurt, and he fully intended to do as much as he could, even if she didn't want it.

When she asked him a question, the hybrid was unsure of how to respond. “I heard the conversation, and thought you needed help. Or are you not the type to be a damsel in distress?” he said jokingly. Ever would have been just as embarrassed if Ezra saved her like that. A ghost of a scowl hung on his lips, pursed in thought about the peculiar other gender.

[/html]
[html]

She liked to think that she could take care of herself. A few more blows and Wretch would have likely abandoned the food to the stranger and ran off rather than risk her neck for a few bites of meat. She didn't understand what would drive a capable male to go after her kill but would try not to think on it too much. Perhaps he was crazed, or had some kind of illness and could not hunt for himself. She would have shared had he asked it, though. "I'm kidding, you know, Sir. I don't think I could have taken much more of that. He was bigger and my blade was shorter, in any case. I'm no fighter."

Eyes the color of the sky watched for his reactions to her words, trying to figure out what the right thing to say was. She wasn't practiced in the art of conversation and didn't have many canines around to talk to normally. Her animals were companions enough, especially the sparrow that often accompanied her on her journeys. "Sorry for making you worry, though, sir. It isn't often that one loner would come to protect another, in my experience.." She mumbled. She shouldn't have been so stupid...allowed herself to get caught in this situation.

Wretch took her fingers away from the marks to see if they had stopped bleeding, but it didn't seem to be the case. "I'm not sure what to do for the cuts...I've only ever had broken bones and cuts that healed in a couple of days. It's a bit hard to move my arm..I wonder if it might have gotten the muscle" She tried to inspect the angle of the wounds but couldn't quite see them, as they were located on the outer side of her bicep. "Not quite a damsel, but I'd call it distress, Sir." The girl said quietly, holding her arm out toward him so he could see the marred area.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]8D. hope this is alright. ^^

As she spoke, the male called back to his son a few yards behind. The sound of hoofbeats and a responsive bark came soon after their appearance through the trees. Wretch continued to speak, and Ezra listened intently as he made his way to Petra’s saddlebags. In it he found the tattered, black scarf that Ever gave him at the beginning of last winter. He sighed. It would never go away, would it?

He held the scarf length-wise, and made his way back to the fair female. “Someone taught me this a long time ago. May I?” He slowly moved his arms, hoping not to have her run off. He cinched the scarf around her arm above the wound. “For the bleeding. Once it stops, wrap it around the wound. They should be covered with clean fabric.” He gave her a small smile, before looking over to his family. “This is my son, Eli,” the almost-adult canine gave her a nod.”And Petra, my horse. We look out for eachother. We like to help out where we can.” Ezra said warmly.

[/html]
[html]
Of course <3

There weren't many canines out there who would risk their lives for another who they didn't even know. It was an act of kindness that was not lost on the shy girl, for all that she said about it. Wretch had very little experience with being rescued, as she normally either fought her way out of the mess or ran if she couldn't handle something...and she wasn't quite sure what she owed him for this. Perhaps he would accept a gift, or something to eat. She had a few different items that she could offer, but was unsure if any of them would be suited for the mixed creature that stood before her. Her rescuer.

She winced, arm pounding, as the male tightened the scarf around the wound. For a moment if felt as if her arm wanted to burst, but then the feeling went away. She actually felt a little better with the added pressure from the scarf. It had done something to her that had brought her back a bit. "I feel a little dizzy...but I think I'm OK. Who taught that trick to you, sir?" She asked curiously. She was always open to hearing more healing techniques - much of the time any more it was just her and there wasn't anyone else around. So she had to know how to take care of herself.

It seemed as if he was traveling with someone else, a boy whose looks reminded her of the male that stood before her. She nodded to him as well. "Wretch D'Angelo." Often, Wretch wondered if it was her size that made others think that they could take advantage of her and steal from her. "I haven't met others like you before. Where did you come from originally? Or...have you always been a loner, Sir?" She asked the older luperci. She hadn't gotten his name yet, but listened carefully in case he gave it.

<style type="text/css">
.wretch-02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#82a75d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3a5a19; }
.wretch-02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.wretch-02 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#6e8755; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PZAwW.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 310px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#475a35; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.wretch-02 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.wretch-02 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]Of course the posts I work on the most are always when I have shit tons of work to do. |:

Bizarrely colored eyes watched the blood soak through the scarfs various layers of fabric, oozing and dripping as it made its way down her arm. The woman’s charming voice barely achieved recognition in the hybrid’s mind; the organ was temporarily incapable of rendering normal thought relevant to this encounter. Instead, a hazy vision of Ezra’s ghost bewitched his senses. The ghost giggled in his mind’s eye, and disappeared. He looked up. His features gave away no sign of emotion. Instead, his expression was blank. Perhaps giving this woman the scarf given to him by his ex-lover would lessen the pain. Perhaps.

When he realized the stranger asked him a question his eyes trailed over to the woman.“An acquaintance I met on the road years ago,” he said plainly, his words as dull as his appearance. However, when the woman gave her identity, his emotions started pouring back into his soulless body. “Wretch,” the word felt strange in his mouth. What sort of mother gives their own flesh and blood a permanent title of misery? The hybrid stood there, perplexed, wondering what sort of world this really was.

“Call me Ezra,” he said after a few moments, concerned at the utterance of sir. “I was in Cour des Miracles for about a year, but my family and I relocated to Halifax during the winter to live with a friend after Eli’s mother…” the word made his throat hurt until he forced it all down with a jagged lie that cut through the air between the Rosens like a knife: “died.” Ezra could feel his son’s burning gaze on his back. He chose to ignore it. “I’m currently in the process of finding a new home, actually. What about yourself?” He had heard of the D’Angelos before. It was impossible to find anyone in the area who didn’t know about the mad family that ruled the north. Still, he did not judge her yet.

[/html]
[html]
Meeeee too XD

When she'd become injured as a pup, her name had been the one and only thing she had been able to recall from her past life. Only recently had she met Eris and she hadn't thought about asking the origins of her name or why she'd been dubbed such a depressing word. It was just another word to her, as most names were - she had never really considered the meaning behind it. The name held a lot of value for her, as it had been the only tie to her previous life for a very long time, so she wouldn't mind it even if she did know where the name had come from.

Every luperci had their own story, and she hesitated to speak again as he repeated her name. His face had looked to be devoid of emotion or feeling for a few moments, but now she could see something. Yes. I don't look much like a Wretch, do I? But I have no other name to call myself. I-I think that names like that might run in my family...my brother is called Pandemic But then, she'd never really known her true family. Who knew if others were named similarly, besides Pan and herself.

The cut began to slowly stop bleeding, drops making longer and longer intervals before they hit the greenery below. She looked curiously at him as he explained that he'd lived in a pack before, just as she had. His son's mother had died - presumably a mate. She hadn't experienced death first hand yet in her own life...but she'd been abandoned enough times to know the loneliness that followed a separation from someone that was cared about and cherished. I.. She didn't quite know how to start. I'm sorry to hear it. My circumstances weren't the same, but I find myself as alone as you are. W-Well, as the two of you are. I grew up in Dahlia de Mai, which then merged into a new pack known as Ichika no Ho-En. My father left the pack and I didn't see him for a long time..so I left as well. He was the only thing tying me to that place.

Never mind the attacks that had happened to her just beyond Ichika's borders - the broken and then re-broken leg and other injuries. She was unlucky, to have come across so much bodily harm in her short lifetime. I am enjoying my freedom...to not have to answer to anyone or do anything I don't want to do. The other loners and bandits that lived out on the road as well were her downfall, really. But whatever they took from her could always be regained. Would you care to sit, Ezra and Eli? We could perhaps start a small fire to roast some meat with while I get this wound cleaned

<style type="text/css">
.wretch-02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#82a75d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3a5a19; }
.wretch-02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.wretch-02 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#6e8755; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PZAwW.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 310px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#475a35; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.wretch-02 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.wretch-02 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Thwack me:<

Family was always a difficult topic to talk about. Ezra’s family was no different; the descendant of a family of inbred, crazy hybrids, Ezra could empathize with this girl before him. When she spoke of her brothers name, however, the male almost laughed out loud but managed to stifle it. Pandemic? A mother that wishes ill on her children like that is not fit for rearing young, at least Ezra thought. The children were cursed forever, and the poor woman before him would have to endure that for the rest of her time on this planet. Ezra felt sorry for her.

“No, my dear, you are the farthest thing from a Wretch. Clearly your mother did not appreciate you properly.” he offered her a small smile. I would never devalue anyone like that, he thought to himself. When the silver lady kept talking, Ezra and his son both listened with rapt attention. Ezra had met that one peculiar wolf, Alae, but that was the extent of his interactions with that pack. He sighed, feeling even sorrier for this creature. “It’s a shame, I’m sorry. Despite having family ties... how people can break them, I do not understand. Though freedom is indeed nice. We are enjoying the same liberties as well, though I think loneliness is the worst part of freedom.” She had been abandoned, just as Ezra and Eli had been, by a cherished family member. They weren’t alone anymore. Did she feel just as alone as they did?

When she offered for them to stay, Eli’s ears perked up. “I’ll help!” he yelped excitedly, tail wagging like mad, whipping this way and that before he shot off into the forest, presumably looking for creatures to prey on. Ezra was about to say something, but caught himself; he wanted to be alone with her, and Eli needed hunting practice anyway. The hybrid chuckled and used this opportunity to sit down next to Wretch. “Thank you. How is your wound doing? It seems to have slowed down the bleeding, at least.” Without waiting for her, he moved the tourniquet down from above the wound to directly on top of it. “There. That should help for now.” he smiled warmly, and looked directly into her stunning blue eyes. Ezra always had a weakness for ocean-colored eyes; they seemed so pure, so heavenly, he could always get lost in them.

[/html]