take a piece of my soul tonight
[html]
I beat you for starting a thread Big Grin but this one is sad. This will probably be the shortest thread I ever have :O

Something was wrong. Something was terribly wrong. Omni could feel it as much as being stabbed somewhere. There was something amiss. Omni's sleep had been restless, as if something horrible were to arrive. Omni attempted to roll over, close her eyes and fall back to sleep. To dream and think. But it just couldn't be initiated. Nothing could. She could hear Jacinto's restful and peaceful breaths beside her, as well as Sinatrai's sleepy snoring. Shaking her head, the petite coywolf stared at the ceiling of their small room. tick tock the old grandfather clock at the corner of the room chimed adding to her sleepless facade

It wouldn't be courteous of her to wake either Jacinto or her son up, it simply wouldn't be fair to any of them to disrupt their sleep for the night because she had a case of the willies. A small sigh escaped her thin muzzle,here's to four more hours of nothing.

Rolling onto her back, Omni winced as a sudden cramp or sharp pain struck her in the abdomen. Wincing, tawny hands fell to the bulge upon her belly, terrified for the tiny lives that lived within. Another struck, painful as ever. Biting her lip, Omni managed to prod Jacinto's lean back with a slender hand. "Cinto...They're...Aah!" The young woman's sentence cut off as another blinding stab sent her clutching the side of the bed. Amidst this, a flowing crimson wetness flooded past her legs and spread into the sheets. It took a long time for her to realize it, and a small yelp evaded her lips. "Jacinto!" Her pups! They--They were being lost. Sitting up frantically, Omni clutched her belly, close to crying out once more.  

<style type="text/css">
.freebfeb03-box {width:238px;height:330px;float:right;}
.freebfeb03 b {font-weight:bold; color:#63118e; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.havendaddi01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#514739; text-align:center;}
.freebfeb03 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebfeb03 {margin:0 auto; width:90%; max-width:700px; background-color:#eeecfc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/xG7rj.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e343e; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style> [/html]
[html]
Everytime I reach for you, there's no one there to hold on to.
Nothing left for me to miss, I'm letting go, letting go of this
Word Count :: 000

The Lykoi man had been sleeping without disturbance and a great deal of tranquility, yet tonight something was out of balance. It was quiet, Omni lay beside him quiet, between them was a sleepy Sinatrai. Hopefully the rest of tonight would be normal, like any other night in this room.

But it wasn't, Jacinto was goaded gently with one of her hands. The multihued hybrid had time to sit before she cried out in pain. What was happening? Were the pups safe? Were they arriving? Wasn't this too early? Her next cry was much more startling, beneath his fur his face was white as ivory. "Shh love...It'll be fine--" Jacinto leaped from the bed to light a lamp to hang on the shelf, trotting back towards the bed. That was when he noticed the blood. "Oh no." Whatever reason the blood had appeared there and was in such a high quantity, this was not a good visual to see for the wellbeing of Omni. The pups were dead. The Lykoi just couldn't sit there and cry, Omni could seriously be hurt. Picking Sinatrai up in his arms, he took a pile of clean unbloodied blankets to pile in a comfortable nest in the corner of the room. "Go back to sleep my son." Jacinto ordered quietly, worried once again.

He rushed back to the bed, he didn't know how to deliver children. Not even dead children. He was useless. He could call Ilusion. She could know how. But of course, she'd be sleeping. Jacinto pulled the blankets off her body, he would have to somehow burn or clean those blankets tomorrow. But the scent will never go away. He knew that. He crawled up onto the bed soaked with blood, held one of her hands tightly. As far as he knew, he couldn't do much more. Jacinto would hate himself if he lost his mate as well. "Just breathe...You'll make it!" Small years fell from the corners of tan ringed eyes, his children had been lost, and the possibility and chance that Omni could slip away tonight as well terrified him.

Image courtesy of derekbruff

<style>
.GR2_Jacinto p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_Jacinto b {font-family:verdana; color:#612609; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Jacinto {background-color:#eac7a0;  font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#5a2104;  line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/4727/atable24.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:280px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #5a2104; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Jacinto .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #5a2104; }
.GR2_Jacinto .name {text-align:Right; font-family:Stint Ultra Expanded; font-size:40px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_Jacinto .lyrics {color:#94623b; text-align:Right; font-family:Fresca; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_Jacinto .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #090c19; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
:3

Another wave of dizziness and nausea over came the brunette coyote, as well as a blinding sharp contraction she knew that would have her biting her lip or something to make it go away. Being pregnant wasn't something she was used to. Something so painfully foreign that it wasn't too easy to cope. The blankets were thrown off her, taking away her warmth and somehow protection. Omni wanted to tell Jacinto no, refuse his help. Of course though his help was a comfort, a reassurance that she'd be alright.

He didn't know what to do. That was clear, it would be hypocritical to say that aloud now, the young woman had no idea on how to deliver children. From the thralls of miscarriage, the birthing was relatively quick. Her body needed to get rid of the stillborns. After much gritting sharp teeth and crying out, Omni held three bundles of soft tawny fur in her arms. They were beautiful. Carrying traits from both families, much coyote within their veins. The tired and upset female found them amazing. Except for one thing. They were lifeless. None of them took a breath from the air, however much her tongue rasped over their small bodies. Sinatrai in the corner of the room looked up curiously at the bundle his mother held. What happened? Why was his mother do sad? His ears dropped to his skull as he realized he was separated from his parents. "Momma?" the small child called fearfully to the two Optime canines on the bed. Omni gestured for Jacinto to get Sina, she was paralyzed with fatigue. Burying her muzzle into their bodies, Omni started to sob quietly. She had bonded with them, over the last while of pregnancy she had become a mother. They were hers. And death had claimed them now. How could the world do this to her? Whatever deity existed or not, they surely couldn't be worthy of any worship for this. The bundles never moved, never squirmed towards her breast for nourishment. The bed was soaked with her blood, the signal that she wasn't strong enough to bring them into the world.

Omni tore a piece of the bloody sheet from the bed, large and wide enough to support the lifeless bodies of her children to pass them to the next world. It had blood spots, making her sob even more seeing the crimson mixed with the innocence of her stillborns. "In sorry...I'm sorry Jacinto--I...I didn't--I failed." Standing on shaky legs, the bundle of tiny beings was taken to the door to be placed in one of her old gathering baskets, trembling quietly as she bent to scoop Sinatrai up in her arms. The brown pup noticed his mother's distress, licking at her chin quietly. The bulge upon her abs had disappeared, leaving slightly loose stretched skin. It was like taking a chunk away from her soul.

Without notice of the blood clinging to her pelt and the sticky substance upon the bed, Om creapt back with Sina to Jacinto. Usually vivid eyes were darkened with the grief, the shame and  guilt for being so weak. So non-suited to being maternal.

<style type="text/css">
.freebfeb03-box {width:238px;height:330px;float:right;}
.freebfeb03 b {font-weight:bold; color:#63118e; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.havendaddi01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#514739; text-align:center;}
.freebfeb03 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebfeb03 {margin:0 auto; width:90%; max-width:700px; background-color:#eeecfc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/xG7rj.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e343e; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style> [/html]