Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
[html]

Word Count :: 550

Spring was definitely in the air. The young Epsilon could smell it, sense it, just that knowledge that new life would soon be arriving. She wanted nothing more than to be a part of that, and the scents of spring plus her own heat were enough to drive the girl crazy – as well as any males passing by. She’d taken leave of the den, and Augustus, to go to the shoreline and try to wash some of the heat-smell off. Even when it brought nice thoughts to her mind like boning Augustus, and puppies, it was still very much a nuisance. Her thoughts were always jumbled, almost crazed, and she rarely did things that made sense.

It was getting better though. While she and Augustus certainly hadn’t done the deed, his smell was still all over her from their cuddling. If you could call it that. The thought of cuddling the bulking, dusty grey male was almost funny. Stoic, brave Augustus, nestling down in the den and nosing through Ciara’s fur? Hilarious, but it was true, and the calico female absolutely loved it. She wasn’t angry with Zalen for interrupting them the other day, because at least then sex hadn’t gotten in the way to complicate things. Being affectionate with nuzzling and sleeping close to each other was easy. It was taking things slow, and that’s exactly where Ciara wanted to be whether her hormones agreed or not.

By the time Ciara reached the den and had shaken out her coat, the smell of the ocean was weak on her fur. It was quickly being replaced by the same damndable heat-scent she’d been grousing about for days, but there wasn’t much she could do about it. Her earth-coloured eyes glanced over the males napping in the den, and she let out a sigh. Each time she moved, she knew her scent went to them and probably drove them crazy, even though some were mated and some were way too old for her. Augustus was the only one she wanted anyway, especially now that Cerberus had up and disappeared.

Now wasn’t that a blessing in disguise? That’s all Ciara’s life seemed to be, lately. Cerberus had vanished, and though Ciara genuinely cared about him in the short time they knew each other, she’d been worried from the start of getting caught having feelings for two males. His disappearance had let her focus on Augustus. Then, there was the whole cougar incident. Ciara’s ribs still ached even after Deuce’s recent healing, and she still had to be careful whenever she laid down because the gash in her side was still vulnerable, but good things had come of it too. Her promotion, of course, as well as getting closer to Augustus.

With an exaggerated sigh, Ciara flopped down onto the den floor. She tipped her head to the side to notice the dozing Alpha and his mate, a striking female she still hadn’t had the pleasure of meeting. Was Titania in heat as well? Ciara certainly couldn’t smell anything on her, and something in the back of her mind told her that wasn’t a good thing, before she became too drowsy for the warning. Soon her eyes were closing, head resting over crossed paws.

<style type="text/css">
.Ciaraforestdawn b {font-weight:bold; color:#9370D8; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Ciaraforestdawn .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Ciaraforestdawn p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Ciaraforestdawn {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/FyI7K.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 440px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#00BFFF; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Rancho);</style>Titania Moonsong

burning the ground, I break from the crowd
I'm on the hunt I'm after you

strut on a line, it's discord and rhyme

AND I'M HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF

Word Count :: 300+ Oh snap!! (Ohyeahhey! Per our PM's, back dated to the 6th right?)

It wasn’t long after the Epsilon entered the den and drifted off to sleep that Titania awoke, uneased. Something broke her slumber – probably nothing more than a rat or a cricket – and roused her from her star dancing dreams, but it was that scent that made her amber eyes fly open. Two round reflectors in the dark, the moonlight bounced off of Titania’s eyes, making them appear to glow as her eyes scanned the den. Every muscle was tight, her body rigid, and the full ruff of fur at the nape of her neck stood on end. Threat. Betrayal. Theft. Were the feelings that coursed through her veins right now.

Carefully and as silently as she could, she eased herself up and away from Zalen. Usually he stirred whenever she left his side while they slept, but if she was careful enough she could slip away. Yes, this was definitely a “slip away” situation. If Zalen awoke to that scent the Alphess didn’t know if she could control her temper.

But who was it? Putting her nose in the air, Titania sampled the atmosphere for a moment. Her eyes were already adjusted to the dark, and soon fell upon the resting female across the way. A low growl began to rumble in her throat before she abruptly stopped and looked over her shoulder at her sleeping mate. He didn’t seem to awaken. Turning forward again, she marched purposefully toward Ciara.

She didn’t know the other wolfess very well. She had known her from being around the pack but no personal relationship had been started yet; this situation certainly wasn’t going to facilitate much of a healthy one, either. As she walked up before the wolfess she thought of many things she wanted to do; number one being grab her by the scruff and drag her out of the den. But their position prevented that, for she would surely surprise the innocent woman, and surprised women made such a racquet.

Glancing over her shoulder one more time, she lowered her head to the sleeping Ciara’s level and a low grumble filled their immediate area. When she awoke she would be eye to eye with her Alphess. “Ciara, get up,” was her hushed demand.

image from dawnthieves; code template by kitty; table by raze

<style>
.Hltw_razkit p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; line-height:16px;}
.Hltw_razkit b {color:#ffff62; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.Hltw_razkit {background-color:#605f5f; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#f1efed; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XNRhd.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:440px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #463837; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.Hltw_razkit .name {text-align:center; font-family:Rancho; color:#ffff62; font-size:65px; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:25px; letter-spacing:2px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.Hltw_razkit .lyrics {font-family:georgia; color:#f1efed; font-size:15px; padding:6px 0px 10px 0px; line-height:12px; text-align:center;}
.Hltw_razkit .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:10px; border-bottom:2px dotted #3a3629; padding:0px 15px 0px 0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 370

OOC: Yep! Backdated to March 6th. Smile And poor, poor oblivious Ciara. >.>t

Ciara had been having the most wonderful dream. She and Augustus had just returned from a hunt, adrenaline rushing through their veins. The air was warm with spring, and their muzzles were matching in matted blood from the kill. It was the perfect day, made even more so by the knowledge that they were mates, and if they wished to return to a private den after awhile and try for puppies, they had full blessing from their Alphas. A pleased sigh left her lips, carrying through her dream into a physical sigh doubtlessly heard by the Alphess.

Ciara didn’t stir until Titania’s voice broke through her haze. It made her pleased when she woke up that she could still detect Augustus’ scent on her fur, even though the male was nowhere to be seen. She hadn’t heard the growling, not even the padding of the striking Alphess’ paws across the den floor. Now, though, she was torn from her perfect dream and awoke with a soft grumble. Earth-coloured eyes met luminescent ones, boring into her in a way that made her instantly regret the growl she’d let loose at being awoken. She’d been able to tell it was a female pack member before she’d really opened her eyes, and had assumed it was Insomnia looking to play again.

Titania was definitely not who she was expecting. In all her time in New Dawn, the calico Epsilon still hadn’t had the chance to really get to know Zalen’s mate. What could she possibly want with Ciara? Not realizing that she was more than likely about to get her ass kicked, Ciara stretched with another indignant huff and stood, shaking out her fur and sending her heat-smell all throughout the den. Her jaws opened in a wide yawn, ending with the tiniest of lazy whines before she smiled to the Alphess.

”What can I do for you, my Alphess?”she questioned, ears and tail lowering to their rightful position. Since she was no longer a subordinate, she needn’t collapse on the ground and cower as though the Alphess was going to kill her. She enjoyed this more relaxed and dignified submission, revelled in her first chance to really use it. ”Is something wrong?”

<style type="text/css">
.Ciaraforestdawn .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Ciaraforestdawn {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/FyI7K.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 440px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#00BFFF; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Rancho);</style>Titania Moonsong

burning the ground, I break from the crowd
I'm on the hunt I'm after you

strut on a line, it's discord and rhyme

AND I'M HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF

Word Count :: 300+

She snorted at the politely ignorant way Ciara regarded her, but Ciara was damned either way. If she had said anything else or spoken in any other tone Titania would take that as her reason to let loose and punish the girl right there in the middle of the den, regardless if she would wake the pack or not. Her tail twitched, almost upset that she didn’t have that reason. Titania wasn’t typically the violent type, but just as the other wolfesses weren’t quite themselves in their season, neither was she when they were.

One side of her muzzle curled in annoyance. “Yes, something is wrong. Outside, now, or I have no problem dragging you out by your scruff.” She threw her head, the look in her eyes telling Cirara that she had better listen. Then she turned and padded toward the mouth of the cave, heading into the night. When she was outside her mood was only dampened by the fact that the moon was lost behind the blanket of clouds. She looked up for just a moment, frowned, and then turned to Ciara.

Instead of stopping there on the mound that they normally socialized on just outside of the den, she jerked her head again, indicating that Ciara should follow her off into the woods. She walked… no, stalked along ahead of her, ears cupped back to listen for Ciara’s paw steps. If she stopped or went elsewhere, she would whip around and pursue her.

Finally Titania picked a spot, no place in particular, yet still in the woods, and turned to confront Ciara. She stood tall and paced toward her now, bumping up against Ciara with her chest in a showy display of dominance. “What do you think you are doing?” Her voice was harsh, direct. “Coming in to the den like… this… to taunt the males? And to taunt me?”

image from dawnthieves; code template by kitty; table by raze

<style>
.Hltw_razkit p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; line-height:16px;}
.Hltw_razkit b {color:#ffff62; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.Hltw_razkit {background-color:#605f5f; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#f1efed; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XNRhd.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:440px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #463837; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.Hltw_razkit .name {text-align:center; font-family:Rancho; color:#ffff62; font-size:65px; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:25px; letter-spacing:2px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.Hltw_razkit .lyrics {font-family:georgia; color:#f1efed; font-size:15px; padding:6px 0px 10px 0px; line-height:12px; text-align:center;}
.Hltw_razkit .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:10px; border-bottom:2px dotted #3a3629; padding:0px 15px 0px 0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 766

OOC:: Yay, late-night muse. Big Grin <3

Ciara couldn’t help it. At Titania’s demand, her eyebrows lifted, and she had to forcibly stop herself from curling her lip towards her Alphess. She was being treated like an Omega, and certainly wasn’t being given the respect that befitted her position. However, she knew that she couldn’t show that displeasure towards her Alphess, so when she was demanded outside, Ciara flattened her ears to her head and followed the cinnamon-splotched leader out of the communal den. What could she possibly have done to anger the female? She’d never even met the woman face-to-face, and couldn’t think of any reason that Titania would be upset with her. It caused her stomach to do a strange flip, an unpleasant feeling of anxiety.

When the Alphess did not stop at the usual spot outside the den, Ciara passed over it warily, taking one last glance to the pack’s home. She felt like safety was back there, and the darkness she was walking into mirrored her feelings of doubt and insecurity. Her mind was racked with questions, her stomach more ill than she ever remembered, as her paws dug into the softening ground beneath her. With her ears pinned back, her head and tail low, the calico Epsilon followed her leader without question of hesitation. What if Titania had found some reason to demote her? Was the female not pleased with the tales of the cougar, or the hunt Ciara had helped to make successful? Her leader was certainly angry, Ciara could tell by the harsh pounding of the other female’s paws on the ground. Trying desperately not to show her fear and nervousness, Ciara swallowed quietly.

Once they were in the woods, the Epsilon tried to allow the various scents to calm her nerves. The tactic would have worked if Titania hadn’t suddenly whirled around and stalked towards her. When Titania came close enough to bump chest with Ciara, the Epsilon shrank back a little. She had no desire of challenging the woman, nor accepting a challenge from her. She was confused, and hurt that the Alphess would be so angry with her as to threaten to drag her from the den by her scruff. Managing to keep a whimper at bay, the Epsilon simply crouched low, pinning her ears until they were paper-flat against her head and curling her tail between her legs. She wouldn’t fall to the ground in complete submission just yet, for she didn’t want to seem pathetic, but she had sense enough to fold herself into an acceptably submissive posture.

When the Alphess’ harsh words bit into her, Ciara lowered her eyes immediately until they were focused on the other female’s paws. So that’s what this was about? Her heat cycle? Ciara couldn’t control that, she hadn’t even fully understood it until the confrontation yesterday with Augustus and Zalen. Then, the Epsilon paled beneath her fur. Had Titania smelled Augustus, or worse, Zalen on her pelt and assumed that she’d copulated without permission? What if she could smell the males on her now? The accusations of taunting her pack mates hurt, but she tried to push it from her mind. She knew that she would have to choose her words very carefully lest she invoke further wrath from the young Alphess.

“I would never intentionally make my brothers and sisters uncomfortable, Alphess,” she said, her voice clear while it was soft. “Certainly not you, ma’am.” She made sure to use the appropriate titles and words of respect, for even while Titania was younger than Ciara by a few months, she was still Alphess, and Ciara fully believed she deserved that title. “This is my…my first cycle,” she continued, blushing now and thankful for her thick pelt. “I’m not used to having to guard my scent, and…it didn’t cross my mind that I would not be allowed in the den.” With those words, Ciara dropped down until her belly hit the dirt, and lowered her head further. She knew that she was bearing the scruff of her neck to the Alphess, and she did this on purpose. “Please forgive my ignorance, Alphess, I will remove myself from the den if you wish. If…if you see fit to punish me as well, I understand.” With that, the Epsilon humbled herself enough before her leader to close her eyes and await her fate. Her whole body was tense, which only made the nervous sickness in her stomach worse. She felt as though this whole thing wasn’t her fault, but the fault of nature, even though she should have known better than to go into the den.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]