the world we know won't come back
[html]
her beauty and the moonlight overthrew you

Word Count → 380 :: Archive it after you read or post or something? *wants to read myri's reaction but won't press* xD But yeah, I figured it'd be an okay place to end for more awkwardness later and so we can focus on new thread and stuff. <333 This has been amazingly fun.

The first response to her advance was a squeak, which was neutral enough—unlike the faint pressure back during the kiss that Ves hoped she hadn’t imagined. Her feet found solid ground, but she had to quickly adjust her stance so her jelly limbs didn’t collapse underneath her. Hands found hips in case they decided to tremble, and she watched the other with a smug air that she truly didn’t feel.

Myrika’s question made the Optio truly smile this time, but it was quickly sharpened with playful arrogance as her blue eyes glittered affectionately. “Would you prefer another term of endearment?” she asked, and pressed, “Babe?”

It was like her to hide her insecurities behind her arrogance, for the rare moments that she felt insecure. Women had that affect on her, but this time she was at odds with how much of her feelings she really wanted to let through. There were plenty of things she wished to say too, the most eloquent of those being “I like you,” but she let the silence span between them. It wasn’t awkward, somehow, mostly because she gazed at Myrika happily for the duration until snapping back into the present.

“I should be getting to the young ones,” the coywolf said softly, gesturing over her shoulder in the vague direction of said young ones. “I promised Hybrid’s brood that I’d help them advance in scouting, and I didn’t expect to…” She wasn’t really sure how she was supposed to finish that statement, and so she gestured. “This.”

She had already known that such an out-of-the-blue excuse to leave might hurt Myri’s feelings or otherwise make her worry about what had just happened between them, and so she wasted no time in moving on.

“I want to see you,” Vesper breathed. “More. Later. If that’s okay. If we’re not busy.” Her ears fell back against her tousled mane. “I really don’t want to be too busy.”

That said, she stepped forward and linked her fingers with the other woman’s, giving her a quick kiss on the nose before stepping briskly back. She hesitated, but she managed a farewell then turned and plodded down the path away from the village, her tail jerking back and forth behind her as her heart fluttered in her chest.

Vesper Optime by Sie; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.vessie-box {float:right;}
.vessie {font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.vessie .words {font-size:35px; font-family: 'Bad Script'; text-align:center; line-height:20px; padding:15px 5px 15px;}
.vessie p.ooc {font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.vessie p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vessie .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vessie p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.vessie b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

(--) NO U ARCHIVE

Myrika is by Alaine!

The tawny hybrid's muzzle jerked to the ground with the coyote's sharpness, but this was only to conceal a smile. Her tail still wagged, and turquoise eyes looked up to steal another gaze at Vesper, shrugging a very small shrug and struggling to make her smile go away. Whatever you'd prefer, if you'd call me something, she said. This was not meant in indifference, but truly, so long as it was a term of endearment, she didn't think she'd much mind anything Vesper tried to call her.

Her scarred Optio spoke of educating the Infernian youth and the redhead nodded, reluctant but perfectly understanding of duty. The smile -- she'd finally shoved it away -- reappeared with a vengeance, and she almost giggled. This. That was a funny way of putting it, but the flaxen coyote found it funny more than anything else. Seriousness fell across her face as Vesper spoke again, and Myrika nodded. Okay, she said, still too dazed to ask when or where or ascertain anything else about their next meeting -- a decision sure to haunt her.

Busy -- I can't do a thing right now; I'd collapse into giggles or grins, she thought. Still, she squeezed the other coyote's hands and sighed a tiny contented sound as Vesper stepped away, returning the greeting with another tiny smile. See you later, she called, realizing as the words left her mouth it was a silly thing to say.

<style>
#myriAlaineHorse {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#myriAlaineHorse p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#myriAlaineHorse p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
float:left; margin:10px;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
}
#myriAlaineHorse .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#myriAlaineHorse .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myriAlaineHorse b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#myriAlaineHorse u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myriAlaineHorse b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriAlaineHorse b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriAlaineHorse b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]