the supine
[html]

Vesper did not relish the sight of the blood, despite there only being a thin line where she’d been cut. This woman did not deserve to be harmed (at least in her world), or at least she told herself that was what made her so uneasy. If it was the dog bitch pressed to the tree, Ves would not hesitate. Then again, she would probably throw the knives away and start biting and tearing with tooth and nail; she had no delusions about her lacking skill.

The green-eyed female laughed as dagger and claws hovered just above their target, and Vesper managed the faintest of cocky smirks before stepping back. She dug the knife into the tree and stood there for a moment, skinny arm propping herself away from the other hybrid. “That wasn’t fun,” she said, relinquishing her grip on the hilt. “Let’s never do this again.” She took a couple of steps back and ran her hand through her cropped mane, clearly finished.

“Thank you,” the Optio managed, “for showing me.” Her ears turned at a croak, and the raven flapped over to her arm as she lifted it. He was heavy; she was weak from exertion; and she soon dropped the limb to let him find his own perch.

<style type="text/css">
.vesrcai b {font-weight:bold; color:#9da3ae; text-shadow:#05070c 1px 1px 2px;}
.vesrcai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.vesrcai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#202230; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/vxduN.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #171924; padding:260px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#8c9195; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.vesrcai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

A faint smirk confirmed the enjoyment. The stranger had fought with her for mere moments, and it looked like she was already picking up how to use the dagger. It probably wouldn't be long before Terra's skills were outmatched against her, as clumsy as she was. The injured leg didn't help any, true, but Terra simply wasn't good at battle. She was too easily distracted by more attractive things to do, such as stealing and wandering and playing and, well, pretty much anything else.

Surprise flickered at the words as the dagger was buried down. No? You don't enjoy the challenge? That was what Terra liked. Actually, that was the only thing she liked about it. I rather like working on dodging the blows, seeing if you can trick your opponent, slip in a strike. It's amusing when I fall for the trap as well. It teaches me. She wouldn't fall for the same trick twice. Nodding her head Terra looked to the dagger. Grabbing it she managed to pull it out. Anytime. Just howl. With the blades secured Terra worked on limping back towards the pack. She was tired, and as soon as she crossed the borders Terra was going to sleep.

<style type="text/css">
.terraleap b {font-weight:bold; color:#fffe61; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #1a1f0a; }
.terraleap p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.terraleap {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#c9c84c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/wGvcK.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1a1f0a; padding: 190px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1a1f0a; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.terraleap .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%}
.terraleap p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.terraleap p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style> [/html]