M-Reader's Pleasure
This is a series of AIM threads between me and Cody in an alternate universe with Amy and Shadowfang. It has been posted after one expressed interest in reading. Each post may be considered as a 'chapter' from a story. I apologize for the graphic nature, resulting from Amy's violent and lustful personality.

[html]
WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.
[/html]

Emeric had taken Amy out to see how he handled the slaves he sold. The pup hadn't stayed still for long though. After watching her father yelling at the slaves, admiring the powerful way he asserted control, Amy wandered off. She might be the heiress to an empire, but she was still young and bored by the politics of such a thing. She hadn't even had her first shift yet.

Sniffing along the docks Amy traveled among the fishermen, wondering if she would be able to get fresh fish to eat. They recognized her as Emeric's daughter, and treated her with respect. One, trying to get in a deal with the Sunders family, even pulled the pup aside and fed her a particularly large fish. Happy with this Amy set to her meal, unaware of the fact that not everyone out there liked the Sunders family, and would treat her with such kindness. Behind, a killer rose, moving for his task of killing the Sunders children so the Bailtzers could take their place.

Shadow waited in the shadow underneath one of the venders and he tailed another wolf that was following some young pup name Amy. He knew of the family Amy was part of and knew that through fear they had gained lots of respect but he also knew of the other group that wanted that entire blood line wiped out and Shadow himself didn't really care who was killing who, he just knew that this guy was going to attack and he would get some fun out of the situation. Shadow moved from one shadow to the next and like his father beat into him, he made no sounds. He kept moving until he saw the wolf pull a knife out of his belt and then he raised his hand and knew this was his time to shine!

He jumped out from the closest shadow and went high as his fangs caught the hand and the knife in it and he bit down hard as he heard some cracks of some bones and knew that the hand he had bitten was now out of commission. He was flailed about and he let go at the perfect time to do a back flip and he landed on all fours and he growled and made a small bark and he spoke." Right hand gone...now for the killing blow...." He lowered as he waited for the man to attack but rather than attack he turned and fled and shadow thought it was his doing but behind him members of Amys family were coming and the sight of them had made the guy run. " Yeah run chicken!!! no one messes with Shadowfang, blade of the night!"

Amy had missed the beginning of the fight, but she sure turned around quickly enough at the sound of bone breaking. It was a noise she was already familiar with, having seen her relatives injure others that stood in the way. They had kept the four month old puppy from seeing death yet, but that wouldn't be long in coming. Amy watched, impressed at the expert movements of the black wolf. She had no idea her life had been in trouble. In her innocent world everyone liked her, and took care of her. There was no reason for harm.

The back flip was incredibly impressive, as was the speech. Amy's tail wagged wildly with excitement as she watched for the warrior wolf to defeat the enemy. Instead the stupid creature beat a retreat, leaving Amy to whine with disappointment. The fight had been so good. "Amy!" Turning the pup saw Kiet coming for her, angry that she'd wandered off.

Kiet scooped up the bundle of blond fur, who immediately set to complaining about not being done with her fish and talking about how amazing the Blade of the Night was, and how he had fought with him. Kiet looked over the young wolf, slightly reserved. After a while he shrugged, reaching out to shake his hand. "It seems you've saved my sister's life. I owe you thanks. Come have dinner as payment?"

Shadow smiled proudly and nodded quickly. " Of course I would! I would be-" "Shadow!!!" The howled echoed out as Shadow's father walked from a shadow of a building and he was glaring at his son. He walked over and grabbed Shadow by the scruff and and yanked him up and with a yelp Shadow's ears fell to his head and his tail tucked under him as he looked to his father and whimpered." I'm sorry Father....I...was only..." "Silence! I watch the whole thing, You know you are never to leave my side and that to do so requires punishment!" Shadow lowered his head as his father hit him across the face and fingernails and connected and blood came from his face and his eyes was almost hit.

" Forgive us but my son....will not be able to make it to the dinner, I am glad he saved your pup but I have rules, I assume you understand." Shadows father looked to the other adult and nodded lightly in respect and then turned holding shadow in his hand as if he were a pelt and Shadow looked in Amy's direction and his eyes said it all. Shadow never had a friend and he was hoping for one that day but his father and destroyed that dream and now he would be punished even worse that what had been seen.

The black wolf quickly agreed to the dinner, Kiet standing solidly. Amy watched the male with interest, wondering what it was like to be such an amazing warrior. Seeing someone come out, so quickly silencing Shadowfang, brought a growl from the pup. She didn't like seeing the one that she considered so powerful being treated with all the care and respect as a slave. Both of the family members knew a punishment will follow the actions. To treat a family member as a slave, especially one with that high caliber of worth, was extremely distasteful.

Amy watched them walk away, ears drooping. If only he could have stayed. Amy liked him. He could have gone on all kinds of adventures with her. Turning to Kiet Amy spoke up quietly. "Can I have him? Can you buy Shadowfang so he can be my friend?" Kiet chuckled at the naive words, shaking his head. "There's no point in dealing with such a dynamic. You can meet someone with much higher worth. That family will probably be wiped out in a couple years. You'll see." Disappointed to have her request turned down the spoiled princess watched them walk away, wishing she could help him.

The days passed, and Amy was happy in her world, the young black wolf she had met forgotten except on occasion when she would watch a fight. Occasionally she flinched as a slave was struck, seeing the father strike his son. It was wrong, and she knew it. Amy would grow powerful though, and then she would be able to save him.

That night though, everything changed. Following the scent of blood Amy entered her sister's room, finding her brother standing over her. Amy's sister's throat was torn out, blood dripping down his dark fur. Eyes gleamed feverishly as he lunged towards Amy, intent on killing her as well. Emeric and Miyu came running at the panicked cries of their pup, and carried her away to safety. Amy's safe world was shattered, never to be the same again.

To be Continued
3 YEARS LATER

Shadow stood in Optime form and with eyes closed and not moving a muscle. He smelled the air and listened carefully. Nothing...but it was a lie... Shadow lowered himself and made a pose that looked like he was meditating and then from behind him there was a shadow and slowly more appeared around him, They were in all black and only there eyes were seen in the shadow of the trees and shade all about. Shadow remained unmoving until the last second when one wolf got close enough and was about to slash down with his sword. Shadow got to his feet fast and his right arm went out and like lightning his hand was around a wolf neck and he flexed as he forced his claws through the skin and then he tossed the body towards another of the assassins and then he ducked and then jumped as two blades missed him and as soon as his feet hit the ground he was off running to a pick black cave that he has scoped out before the assassins arrived.

He entered and then just as he did there was silence. The 4 remaining assassins stopped just outside the cave's mouth and then they slowly entered. Once inside they moved and breathed without making a sound but they couldn't see shadow even thought it seemed that the cave was open and without things to hide behind or any holds to hang from above. What they couldn't see was that Shadow was against the farthest wall and his back was to the wall and his eyes were closed so they couldn't see the reflection from them, they had stepped into his world of shadow and now of them would be leaving alive. There was only silence and then only Shadow walked from the cave, the smell of blood was strong from within and shadow had no blood on him save for the blood on his nails from the throats he had ripped out.

Amy had been a short distance away when she picked up on the killing intent. Sharply she whipped around, looking for where it came from. A single solitary black wolf sat, pretending to meditate. The air of death clung to him though, and she knew he was someone to not underestimate. The ones that gathered around them were obviously of lower caliber, foolishly falling him into his trap. Leaning on a tree Amy patiently waited until the black wolf emerged, blood under his claws.

Stepping forwards Amy smiled. "Good job. I don't suppose you're looking for one?" Amy could use such a powerful wolf under her control. Plenty tried to kill her, hating the power she held over the trade system in Europe. Not that she cared what they thought. Again and again Amy had killed those who came against her. That didn't mean she would turn away such a chance. It wasn't often one came across such a tool.

Shadow's eyes immediately fell onto the stranger and his body froze as he started to calculate, every and all possible outcomes. He knew already what she was by seeing her posture and the way she carried her self but then something snapped within him and he lost the mask as he tilted his head to the side and he looked her over closely and then his words came out in a question but also in realization. " Amy....Is that you?" Shadow dropped his guard lightly but made sure he was ready for anything just in case she didn't remember him.

The sharp calculation in his eyes brought a slow smile to her lips. It seemed he was quite clever, measuring and already knowing just as much about her as she did about him. They were both killers, on a completely different level than those measly beasts he'd just taken out. She prepared for a refusal, or a counter offer, but what came instead was...quite unexpected. Nothing in her calculations had prepared her for this.

Her eyes narrowed sharply at the sound of her name. She was well known, that was true. Amy had purposely made a powerful name for herself. To have him standing there, so questioning, made her uneasy though. It wasn't an acknowledgement of someone recognizing a powerful member but one of seeing a long time old friend. She didn't say a word, simply looking him over. There was no need to show she didn't remember with her words, leaving her face blank.

He looked to her and knew her silence and face were the sighs of her not knowing him. He tilted his head again and nodded as he spoke and told of a memory long passed." you were walking along the docks as a pup and a man had tried to attack you from behind, I cam out bit his hand, broke the bones and he ran away. I said he was a chicken and then I called my name and even gave myself a title. Do you remember that?" He remained where he was and from the look in her face she had completely forgotten him, memory was his thing and one with a good memory could remember important facts and words and with that wisdom and with wisdom, strength, power and leverage.

She listened to him describe the memory, showing naught but polite interest. Hearing that he had saved her life as a pup didn't strike her as particularly unusual. Her life had always been under threat until she had learned how to defend herself. She did have to suppress a chuckle at the image of this assassin before her acting so absolutely immature, calling names and giving himself a grand title.

The pup she had been all those years ago was completely gone though. She had been corrupted in darkness, the death of her sister staining her soul to it's deepest parts. Only the smallest spark remained of who she had been when she had met him, and unless that part was awakened she would not remember him. "Many have saved my life over the years. You were probably rewarded just like the others before, no?"

"I was offered to tag along in a feast that your family was having. My father stopped that and he beat me right then and there and then afterword i was punish severely for my actions and for disobeying my father. I never saw you again after that except for the few times when i was walking through the market with my father." He couldn't believe it...she was like him but the part he couldn't believe was how cold her past had made her. He knew that for a person to change in such a way, great trauma and stress must have occurred and for her memory of him to be completely gone a scaring must have happened as well. He didn't know what caused it because her family kept all actions secret but he knew it must have involved blood. He stood straight up again and his masked lowered but his body was ready as he waited for her response, it would be long before she would repeat her offer to wonder what his choice would be.

Her eyes widened slightly in recognition as he spoke this time. She remembered that. Amy had thought the actions of his father were a waste, punishing someone of such high talent. She had been such a foolish naive pup. Now she understood why such a thing had happened. Amy did it herself to the slaves under her care. They had to learn, and if they refused to do so they would be punished. The wolf had disobeyed, so he had been punished. It made sense to her now.

"Yes, I recall. I remember thinking it was foolish for him to keep you as a slave since you made such an exemplary son." That wasn't exactly what she had been thinking, but her memory had been corrupted as well. Amy could no longer recall the past she had once held, only remembering things in a way that fit the way she lived and believed now.
"Yes..back then I would have agreed with you but now i see the wisdom in my fathers actions and am stronger for it."

Amy nodded in agreement. It wasn't her place to decide what made a good slave after all. Some believed that only family members could truly be trusted and made into a worthy slave after all. Since Amy believed her family was of a much higher caliber than that she would never bear the shame of allowing a family member to become a slave. If it ever did happen she would ensure that the member would be killed.

Looking the assassin over she contemplated him again. "I don't remember your name." Not that it mattered if he was a slave, but Amy would at least take the courtesy of learning it so that she had a name to think of him by. It would be a bother if she had to come up with something to call him herself. She had done it in the past, but found that naming a slave had as much merit as naming furniture. It was easier to just use the names they came with.

Shadow nodded back as his tail moved very steady behind him, he still didn't get anything ffrom her that eased him but her realization of him gave him some hope, perhaps there was Some of the old playful happy pup that he had met that day, so long ago. He spoke lightly as he crossed his arms and took a more relaxed pose. " Shadowfang of the Night Blades, My father and I were all that were left, Now I am the last of his blood line." he didn't know where else this meeting would go but fate had a strange way of working and there was always a reason for things no matter how good or bad.

Hearing his words Amy smiled. Her brother's prophecy had come true. Almost the entire bloodline was gone. She was glad that he had denied a foolish pup's request to purchase him as a companion. A useful tool he might make, but a companion was most certainly out of the question. If he was the last of his family the family must not have been very powerful, nothing deserving of the company of a precious child of the Sunders family, especially from one considered so low of worth in his own family to be used as a slave.

Politely she dipped her head. "Well, I suppose there is still a debt to be paid to you then for saving my life." It might be taken for granted that she would be protected, but proper conpensation would be sought out and given to him, even if it was from years ago. This was the whole reason why they tried to pay off such debts right away, so such a thing wouldn't come back to haunt them later in the line when they were busy working. "Perhaps a job working for me could help pay that debt. I could offer you comfort and security, something I'm sure you don't have, in exchange for your skills."

" I remember you and I have fond memories of what little time we spent together but do not take me a fool...If I am allowed such payment then it would come at me in such a way that I would benifet, not you. What you are proposing is a double edged sword. Yes I get shelter and comfort but my skills are yours to use as you see fit...No, I will not allow such a deal. Also, I am not sure of your thoughts on the matter but whatever you may have gotten from my upbringing I am no slave. My father was an assassin who wanted me to be the best. He died in realization of that dream and I have since trained and honed my skills using his methods and my own." He lost his casual pose and crossed his arms as he lowered his head while looking to her and then he started to speak again. "It's good to see you again however and I wouldn't mind traveling with you, but I do so free." He waited to see how that would all work out in her head.

Amy's face took on one of surprise at his words. "I would never take advantage of you like that. I simply proposed something that could benefit us both. I thought someone with a life such as yours would be uncomfortable taking charity without knowing what price was behind it."

She certainly wouldn't do such a thing, knowing that sooner or later they would come collecting on that debt. When one killed they had to be wary of such cozy set ups, knowing that it could be a trap to end their life and take them down. Hearing that he hadn't been a slave was genuinely surprising to Amy, but such a reaction remained free from her face, only the shock that she allowed to have displayed visible.

Nodding her head at his words Amy shrugged casually. If he wished to travel with her so be it. He would probably use his skills to defend her anyways, as one tended to react that way when traveling with another, and Amy wouldn't have to give the benefit of comfort and a steady life like she had promised earlier. "Very well. If that is what you wish. I am in your debt."

He smiled lightly and nodded." I'll decide how to be paid...when I think of something, I'll be sure to let you know as soon as I have an idea, Until then I'll travel with you and perhaps we'll get to know one another better." He knew what he was doing, in terms of honor Amy had to pay the dept back but if shadow didn't choose how or when then it was something that could be held onto as leverage of assurance of fair play. More than that though, he trully wanted to know what had happened to Amy all those years ago and maybe now there could be time to be friends unlike when his father killed his last chance at having a friend, now the only thing that was in the way of that was themselves.

Amy gritted her teeth together. It appeared he would be holding this debt over her, something that she could not help but despise. Hopefully he would come up with a payment quickly, or at least she could discover a way to turn the tables on him and force him to waste the debt on something that would be better off left alone. Nodding she indicated for him to come with her. "I suppose we best get started then. I have some families I have to visit for business."

There was no rest for the wicked, not in this business. Amy had to collect on debts, find those that were cheating on her, collect the payment from the traders that worked for her, and build new alliances. They would be very busy in the time to come. Proudly Amy turned, trusting that Shadowfang wouldn't stab her in the back, at least not until her debt was paid off.

To be Continued
This post contains graphic violence as well as mild suggestive material. For our more sensitive readers a brief summary of this chapter will be placed at the heading of the next post.

Amy stood in the house, bored by the frantic scramblings of the family inside. A half grown pup stood tall in his new optime form, glaring at the destructive force moving through his family. He was ignored entirely by her, attention focused instead on the aging male that knelt before her, hands shaking as he pulled out a box. He moved with great respect for what he was holding, before Amy lost patience. Stepping forward she lopped off his head. Members screamed, a mother leaping towards her in attack.

Confident that the female would be taken care of Amy opened the box. A sigh of pleasure slid through her at the sight of what was inside. A beautiful script laid inside, containing a human spell about bringing the dead back to life. While Amy wasn't superstitious, such a find was rare, the paper inked and illustrated. It would fetch a surprisingly high price. Happily she lifted it out, pleased with her prize. "I believe we're done here."

Shadow moved quickly behind the woman who went to attack and in a hushed voice only the woman could hear he spoke." Honor in life and death, your bravery is commendable." His hand went out grabbed her by the back of her scruff and he pulled her to him and once she was close he took his right hand and chopped hard into the back of her neck and she went limp and he tossed her into another member of the family and without saying anything more he heard Amy's voice and nodded as he followed after her.

He heard movement and he stopped as he looked over his shoulder with a gave of ice and death toward another member of the family who had a small knife and he held it raised. The look alone stopped the wolf and he dropped it as she nodded and looked forward and left with Amy. It was not Shadows business to ask what that was all about but her taking of the head of the old man when he was complying bothered him. A mission that demanded a life was easy to follow but if life didn't need to be taken then why not use discretion. He waited until they were farther away and then he spoke lightly. " Was he late in payment? Is that why you took his head?" Shadow looked to her and watched her closely as if she could turn on him in any moment.

Amy strolled out of the house, the air of being untouchable strong around her. Canines that stood in the street scattered as she stepped out, a fearsome sight to behold. Blood had splattered onto her clothes, and while she had cleaned her sword and put it away the prideful attitude she had as she walked forced others to submit, their instincts refusing to allow them to stand against someone their instincts registered as alpha.

Her ears flicked with some interest as Shadow spoke. She was still a little uneasy with him, knowing that he wanted something but not mentioning what it was. His question was straight forward, and Amy felt she needed to comply. "No. I have hunted for this item for a long time. I finally traced it to this family, and made them a highly generous offer for it. They refused though. Said that the spell didn't belong in the hands of the corrupt."

Amy laughed, eyes hard and cold. "No one denies me. I'm the one to decide what's right and what's wrong in this world." Amy looked over to Shadow, a small flicker of a frightened young girl in her eyes before it was swallowed by the darkness that Amy had embraced to avoid being destroyed.

Shadow watched her closely and when she looked back at him it was there, what he had been searching for and what could lead to Amy's life or death. Shadow saw the fear, he saw the girl from so long ago, and it was up to him to reach it and try and release the good that was in her. He nodded and spoke lightly getting to the point and playing the part of the strong right hand. " Understood, they asked for death in there hesitation. I would have done the same." He walked closely behind her and he saw the look in the eyes of everyone who they passed. She had become a monster, a demon much like himself, however where he could see reason and know when to and when not to take a life, she was driven by a need to take any life that got in her way, wither it submit or not.

How would he reach her? when they were alone and far from the house he would try to bring up old memories and see if there was hope within her. He hoped there was enough good left in her that would be able to remember the little amount of fun they had, he remembered when he managed to slip away and see Amy in the forest. It was like they were Romeo and Juliet only this story was far darker and either of them could be killed off in an instant.

Amy snorted, hearing the emotionless tone. He was hiding something. Shadowfang probably didn't care for her methods. Not that she cared what he thought. As long as he protected her and didn't interfere with what she wanted he could think whatever he wished. It would be a shame if she was forced to fight him, push him down and kill him. He was proving useful, if not for that annoying debt over her. If she wasn't bound to keep her oaths so that her business could flourish she wouldn't be in this situation.

Reaching the place she'd rented out Amy entered. The family had been displaced to satisfy Amy's tastes, but had been compensated with a fresh slave, broken as a guide and guardian for young females, protecting their virginity until they reached a suitable age. Walking throuh Amy reached where her treasures were kept. Entering she carefully deposited the script, making sure it didn't break. Coming back out she began to strip off her clothes, heading for the hot bath that would be waiting for her.

Shadow followed behind but when into another part of the building knowing that she never liked him to see any of her treasures. He waited until he heard her footsteps go to a separate part of the building and he followed as he came to a door. He pushed lightly on it and spoke as he did so. " Amy was there anything you needed before I got comfortable......" His eyes went wide for a second as he looked to a now naked wolf in the water and for once in his entire life he was at a loss for words. His hand stayed on the door and rather than back up like he should have he just stood there like an idiot. He looked her over without realizing it and then he waited for the verbal and physical lashing that would follow his actions.

Sinking into the hot water Amy sighed with pleasure. This felt so nice, soothing her. The blood stains on her clothes were probably being washed out right now, letting her stay where she was without worry. Lifting her hand up Amy pulled out the elastic that kept her hair up out of the way, letting the water pull it to drift around her form. Slowly she began to wash her body, massaging each part as she removed the dirt and grime of the day from it.

A voice brought her attention, and Amy glanced up to find Shadowfang standing in the doorway, staring at her. Even worse, he was looking over her body. Furious that he would intrude in such a way Amy stood up, revealing the full extent of her curves. Dripping wet Amy climbed out, marching over to where the assassin stood. "What do you think you're doing? I'm not some slut for you to buy for your pleasure. If I wanted you to see this I would have let you know. Out! Now!"

He averted his eyes immediately after she had stood and then when she walked over to him and yelled for him to leave he said nothing for now wasn't the time and he turned away from her and made his way round a corner. He found a place to rest and he sat there and leaned against a wall and closed his eyes trying his best to forget what he had seen and also remembering why he had gone in there in the first place knowing that she would want an explanation to why he was looking at her. He sighed and kept his eyes closed as he listened to the area around him and he put his senses on full alert, now would be the time for her to attack him and he would be ready for it, and he couldn't blame her. Shadow saw in his mind his head being removed and he actually smiled and thought it silly because a part of him still saw the little pup she was but yet the other part saw the monster she had become. Monster or not however, she was a beauty and he needed to not slip up like that again.

Amy watched his eyes avert, pleased that he was so obedient. Seeing her naked was a reward, usually only given to those who she thought highly enough of to take as her lover. Shadowfang was definitely not ranked there. He probably wouldn't be, not unless he proved himself of worth, able to stand equal with her and face her head on. For now, the image of the black wolf as a slave remained.

She finished her bath, the relaxation now ruined, making her movements swifter, rougher. Stepping out she carefully began to dry her body, brushing her fur and pulling her mane back into a ponytail. With that done she dressed in a belly shirt, generously dipped down to show off her breasts, and an elegantly cut pair of jeans. Her weapons were reattached, and she moved back down to find Shadowfang.

Standing before what appeared to be a sleeping figure Amy growled. "You don't think I'm so foolish to attack someone who's ready for it, do you?" Did he really think she would be so easy, falling for the same trick as the assassins she'd watched him kill had? Well, that was beside the point now. "Walk with me." Amy wanted some fresh air now, and thought that heading out to go through the forest would be nice.

"As you wish." He said with his eyes closed and he stood and then opened them and waited for her to take the lead before he followed. He expected nothing and everything from Amy. walk with me, that was an invitation to one of two things, a pleasant stroll in the woods or a attempted beating for seeing something he should not have seen. He remembered the good times and wanted more than anything to think of her as a friend who he was able to reunite with but given her training and what she was he would have to respect her and not underestimate her in the least. The thought of fighting her had never truly crossed his mind, the idea of it though was there and he wondered how such a battle would turn out. He saw fist thrown, blocked, kicks and faints all done with precision and elegance all mirroring and striking one another.

A fight like that would be a dance and if she thought how he did then in her mind she would see that she could never truly know Shadow unless she fought with him, in an all out battle. Being what he was the idea made him excited but he hid it well and remained a stone for that was one of the first lessons he learned and pain and pleasure and all things physical had to be hidden for a assassin to be truly great and powerful. He watched Amy as she walked in front of him and as he followed he waited wondering when it was she would strike or speak, or both.

Obediently Shadow rose up, following behind her. Amy was surprised he was so willing to follow her, knowing that it was likely she wanted to go somewhere discreet to punish him for what he had done. Entering the woods Amy walked through, noiseless, movements as graceful as if she was floating. Silence floated around them, animals sensing the deadly aura that never completely vanished from a killer.

Feeling that they had gone deep enough Amy whirled around. No indication was given of what she was planning. One moment she had been walking, body relaxed, taking in the filtered sunlight, the next she had a dagger in her hand, striking to drive it through Shadow's arm. It wasn't a killing blow, designed to maim rather than kill. Rapidly she kept moving. Even as her hand flew forward Amy's leg lifted, kicking towards his stomach.

He smiled and knew it was coming! He spun with her strike and dodged the blade easily and then one he was facing forward again his massive arms came together and caught her foot and without hesitation he spun her foot hard to send her spinning. After he did that he jumped back and took a fighting pose as he marveled in the thought of a fight. She had awoken his fighting spirit and now she would truly get to know him and who he was. Shadows father died to make him the best and he would prove it this day, right here, right now.

Her kick was caught, a push made to send her spinning. Amy whirled around once before being back in balance. Her attempt to catch him off guard had failed. The black assassin was ready for her now. Growling she drew her throwing knives, letting them pelt the forest as she struck for his black coat. This time she didn't bother avoiding killing blows, knowing that he would keep himself alive. That let herself simply concentrate on taking him down. Leaping after the blades Amy moved to run her sword through his stomach, features sharp with anger.

He saw the blades coming and he moved elegantly for a large brute and managed to dodge all but one. He hand went out and it appeared a blade hit it and as he cringed and brought his hand close to his chest to hold it a sword was coming for his gut. He watched it and waited for the last possible second before he used one of her own knives to push the sword aside and he kicked up at her hands to knock the sword from it and right after the kick he sent a open palm forward to strike her in the chest and push her back . And that attack was followed with him throwing one of her own blades at her and he aimed it for her leg and then once it left his hand he jumped back again and started to make a strategy and get some distance from her so that they would be on equal terms. His hands moved slowly as he moved like water and he waited for her next attack, and all the while his was was calm,cool and collected. This needed to happen and judging by the killing blows Amy was using she wasn't worried about him being able to defend himself. Words were not needed for there actions were speaking volumes of who they were and how they felt.

His hand was pierced by one of her throwing knives, a small bark of triumph slipping through her. To have one of the weapons she had just thrown turned against her though, blocking her strike, was angering. Shadowfang struck out with his palm to push her back, Amy twisting to the side so it barely struck the one arm. A small grunt escaped her as her body absorbed the force, twisting her body with the push befoe she was ready again. Amy noted to not use her throwing knives again as another one was grabbed and chucked for her leg.

Amy jumped back, landing on all fours. Her tail stood tall and firm behind her, an unwavering mark of dominance. Continuing this battle in optime form would be difficult for the secui fighter, but she knew how to battle and win in optime. Pushing herself up Amy dashed forward, using her smaller size to her advantage to rush him, moving in a hard to follow pattern. Coming from the side Amy moved to plunge her fist into his side, claws ready to tear out his innards. Everything was prepared to grab onto him and hold on for dear life.

He didn't move as he watched her charge and then he lifted his hand slowly, the very hand that had been struck by a knife and there was no mark and shadow gave a smirk as he went to all fours and pushed up as she went under him and with so much forward momentum she wouldn't be able to move easily. Once he was above her he Kicked as hard as he could aiming for her side of which was open. If he was correct then the shock of seeing that he wasn't wounded and the forward momentum would work against her and she wouldn't be able to dodge. By charging him she had opened herself up and he was smart enough to know that once she had her claws in him he would be done. He had to keep her at a distance so his masterful training of hand to hand combat could be used.

Amy's eyes widened as the lack of a wound was revealed. Her eyes saw red, and the chain she'd been keeping on her inner demon came undone. Shadow was battling darkness itself, the monster furious as he passed over her. A blow to the side sent her skidding a short distance. Gathering herself back up Amy stood, measuring him, watching for weaknesses in his form.

" Do you Intend to kill me Amy?" His voice came out cold and calculating, he saw the demon now and knew he wasn't fighting a friend but a cold blooded killer that would stop at nothing to take his head. With that realization he held fast and his body went into full out killing mode. Unless she heard his voice and said something to easy his thoughts then he would see her an an enemy that would be to be killed or at least knocked unconscious and tied up somewhere until she could calm down and collect herself. "Given what we are, we are supposed to fight without emotion because emotion clouds judgment and clouded judgment means death. So again I ask you. Do you intend to kill me...." He lowered his stance and his legs separated lightly as he brought one arm back and one forward taking a defensive fighting stance that would allow for quick response.

Amy studied the male wolf before her. He was powerful, muscles rippling, at the prime of his strength. Her body quivered, craving his flesh and his blood. There was a reason for this attack though. His words brought a growl from her. "My judgement's not clouded. I fight at my best, nothing more. I seek not your death, but your punishment." As he moved to a more defensive position Amy saw her chance, darting in to slash at him while he was between poses.

Damn...she was good, but he knew that before they had even started to fight. She was moving in fast to attack him while moving from one pose to the next and it was a perfect plan. He couldn't react fast enough and because of this he was left with only one option. It was sure to catch her off guard but it would mean giving up his distance fighting and moving to grapple. He didn't waist any time. He saw the pros and cons of his decision and he needed to act so he did. Rather than try and stop the attack or dodge it he moved closer and hugged her as he bit down into her neck and while he did that he wrapped his arms and legs around her and they fell to the ground and he growled lightly as he held her neck in his fangs.

He had tasted her blood and his move seemed like it had one him the fight but in moving forward her claws had cut deeper than they would have and his side was bleeding and while he had her she could also bite him or start to claw where she could reach. They were equal, one not willing to bow to the other and no one willing to lose a fight regardless of the situation. Fighting and training and death had been hard coded into both there bodies. From this moment on it would be like two demons were fighting. Scratching, biting, ripping and tearing was there style now and there were now animals, what happened next would fall under instinct and pure beastly rage.

Amy watched him move into her attack. Claws plunged into his side, digging in as tightly as she could. The veins throbbed in her grasp, feeling the lively muscle surrounding her hand. Fangs bit into her neck, sending shudders through her body. That hurt! He had tasted her blood, yet she had not yet managed to do the same to him. Angrily she twisted her head, tearing his teeth out as the wound stretched and tore, digging her own teeth into him.

As best as she could Amy moved to toss the wolf beneath her. She would pin him, dominate him, prove that she was better. Amy dragged her claws back out of his body, letting it drag along inside him, knowing how it would slice him open. Amy licked at the blood from his shoulder, enjoying the dark taste. Leverage pushed into his shoulder, and Amy waited to see if her force and speed could take him over.

He roared and his hands shot out and he took her hands in his and he forced them up using his strength to bend her to his will. He moved and used his legs to get on top and once there he growled low and tore his neck out of her mouth like she had done him and he snapped at her baring his teeth and looking her right in the eyes. He used his powerful legs to make sure he had leverage and also to make sure she couldn't knee him or kick him in anyway. His heart was going 100 miles an hour and even though they were tearing each other apart, there was another thought that came into his mind while they were so close and biting one another.

He fainted to the right with his teach and then launched his head forward and he bit into the other side of her neck and he gave a low growl as he bit down hard like she had so she could feel the pain she gave. His body was no pressed firmly against her and the taste of her blood was like nothing he had tasted before. His finger wrapped and held onto her hands while he kept them away so she couldn't use them to tear at him. He breathed hard and kept his teeth on her neck being filled with a need that was more than just killing and death.

Her hands were gripped, pulled away where she couldn't use them. Uselessly she growled, struggling to work her hands free. His larger size and weight were to his advantage here though. With her hands out of the way she was hopelessly pinned. Amy snapped at the air as his wound was worsened, tearing free from her deathly grip. Her legs were pinned beneath his, unable to move at all. There was only her ability to bite at him, trapped underneath him completely. The feeling of being so dominated was hateful to her beyond all reason. She was Amy Sunders, powerful and feared by all who met her. She would not take this submission lightly!

Amy moved to block him from getting into her neck again, twisting so her teeth met his. He moved too quick though, and his teeth hit her other side into the wound she had just removed him from. It was painful, Amy uselessly jerking to work her hands free. His entire body was low against her now, Amy doing her best to not give in. A leg worked free from his grasp, lifting up to try and shove him away.

He growled as he felt the leg get away and he bit harder trying to weaken her and keep her from moving him and getting on top. He pulled on the flesh lightly and worked his leg to try and capture hers again and get it back where it belonged. His hands went to her wrist and held fast like shackles and his teeth were like a bear trap that had been sprung onto her neck. He kept his breathing under control knowing that if things got to heated and he needed to take a breath that he would lose her neck and she could return the favor 10 fold. He spoke as he kept her neck firmly in his mouth. " you want to punish me....how does that work if you are in debt to me? Are we even now? Or do you still plan on making me pay for seeing you naked." He squeezed hard with his teeth trying to coax an answer from her lips as they remained there on the floor, hot, bloody and sweaty.

The bite deepened, stopping her struggles. Having the flesh torn at was not a pleasant sensation in the slightest, eyes flashing wildly with anger at the tugging. Her leg was retrapped, keeping her flat against him. She was glad she was wearing clothing, the thin fabric keeping their bare flesh from touching. Hearing that he was willing to use up the favor in payment for seeing her naked was maddening. Her flesh in exchange for her life. Well, she supposed it could be considered a fair trade, a glimpse at her for saving her life as a child. Growling Amy spat out the words, gasping a little as the teeth squeezed down again. "Fine. We're even. Now get off."

He got close and bit a little hard at hearing her words and then as if doing a push up he threw himself up right and let his teeth go at the same time and he looked down at her while she was lying there. He had one in there fight and it showed in his eyes and in his body. They owed each other nothing now and if he so wished it he could very easily leave. His tail was up and his chest moved slightly as he breathed and regained his composure. He had the dominant pose now like she had and he turned his back to her and didn't offer to help her up knowing that she wouldn't accept anyway.

He walked to where there was water and he got to work on cleaning his wounds and knew that they would scar but at least his could be hidden. The places he had bitten Amy were high on her neck and would scar just like his. While he cleaned his wounds he still readied himself for a fight knowing that given her attitude she would not let this outcome stand. But that was alright, because he looked forward to fighting her again. And whats more, the thought of them fighting excited him and he relished in it.

Amy growled as he tore himself off her, the wound heavily bleeding. What was worse than the wound though, was the dominance and clear declaration of who the winner in their fight was. Being forced to feel like she was less than this wolf, this man that used to be a slave, was horrible. He turned away, leaving Amy to gather her shattered pride and stand back up. She faced him, watching him clean his wounds, before turning and walking back towards the house. He could follow or not, but Amy would face him again when she was stronger. Next time, he wouldn't be so lucky. Next time, Shadowfang would be underneath her, forcing him to talk.
Last Chapter: Amy kills some members of a household in order to retrieve an old human script. Returning to the home she has occupied while in the city Amy takes a hot bath, only to have Shadowfang walk in on her. Angered by this she takes him out into the woods far from the others and attacks him, determined to inflict punishment for his actions. Instead he ends up pinning her, forcing her to declare themselves even, her debt to Shadowfang cleared by the view he had taken.

As likely as it seemed that Shadow and Amy would have gone separate ways after their fight, that was not the case. Shadow ended up sticking around and continuing to follow and help Amy with her missions and her errands. Even though he was still hanging around there was an easy to see aura of challenge between the two. Shadow had won the fight and had gotten what he wanted out of it, but now he would have to be on guard at all times and await a random attack from her. Due to this Shadow kept training whenever he had a free moment but he trained twice as hard, and twice as long. He remembered her moves and thought of ways to beat them. he took in consideration her sword, showing knives and daggers and he mentally and physically prepped his body for the next coming battle. When he was around Amy however, he was silent and confident, only speaking when she asked him something and only saying what needed to be said.

Being followed by the dark wolf was not relaxing in the slightest. Even worse was the act that nothing had changed, that she was still above him, still worth more. The lie wore at Amy, gnawing at her heart as she slept. Several times she had tried to escape him, leaving in the middle of the night for her next destination, suddenly changing her plans. She didn't have it in her to tell him to just leave, finding herself unable to challenge him as he was her superior now.

Every day was spent training, working on becoming stronger. She had to be able to defeat him. She just had to. The worries and fears she had banished from her soul by becoming the strongest and most feared had returned. Nightmares started at night, the death of her sister playing over in her mind, or even worse, the eyes of her brother following her. It was made worse by the fact that she didn't know whether or not he was dead, just gone from the family. Erased.

Unable to bring herself to attack him, uncertainty eating at her, Amy decided to return to her family home. Her attendants had long since fallen away, unable to keep up with the dark dance between her and Shadowfang. There was just the two of them now, and the promise of Amy striking him the moment he showed weakness. It was too bad he didn't seem to be showing any.

Entering in Amy wandered through the mansion. It had been redone, built to perfection by the carpenters, sanded and reworked into true art. Entering the living room Amy swept into a curtsey, blue dress swirling around her body. "Hello, Father." Emeric looked up at his daughter, surprised to see her back. "Hello daughter. Who is this that you brought with you?" Amy indicated to Shadowfang, careful not to show the unease she felt, the need to attack him and bring him down. "His name is Shadowfang. He's an assassin."

Shadow knew how this would work and he would have to show the same respect or even more given who they were talking to. Shadow walked forward a couple steps and then took one arm and crossed it infront of his chest as he bowed low. He said nothing while bowed for his name was already spoken and there was no more reason to speak. Again he was doing the dance of one who was a slave but it mattered not. He knew he wasn't a slave and that his skills were proof of that. He waited until he saw the right signal to stand up again and he did. After he stood he placed behind behind Amy again so that she could converse with her father and if he had any questions he would answer them without fail or hesitation.

Emeric watched Shadowfang bow before him, noting the courtesy and confidence. "It appears you finally met met your match." Amy flushed, knowing that he had seen the strength in Shadowfang, that the assassin was no servant. "I'm afraid so." Her shame was great, unable to truly face him. Emeric shook his head before turning back to the wolf. "Welcome to my home. Please, make yourself welcome."

Shadow nodded lightly and then spoke in reply to the offer. "Thank you for your kindness and for allowing me into such a wonderful and well built home, your family has surtainly done well for it's self and your familys strength is know far and wide." He smiled lightly and then held his tongue until next he would be asked a question or told something that needed a reply. Shadow couldn't help but think about when or where Amy would strike next. Obviously she would not attack him while standing before her father, but anywhere else was free game. It was getting tiring to have to always watch your back but he had done it when he was alone so he could do it now, and he would not falter. Amy would find no opening, if she wanted to taste his blood again she would just have to come for it outright.

Amy listened as Shadowfang spoke. His words did her credit, even if he was the reason why she had returned in shame. Emeric beamed with all the pride of a loving father, the disguise the head of the house wore before generous guests. The family was tight knit, but underneath the warm demeanor he wore Emeric was the most vicious and powerful of her entire family. He had built them from the ground up, taking the legacy left by his father and turning it into something none could deny.

Amy nodded her head and turned, leaving the room. They were dismissed then, and Amy would find her bedroom. She wanted to rest from the constant watchfulness, let the fear stop. Even if she was at the bottome of the hierarchy at the moment due to the assassin's actions, she was still a member of the family, and would be protected.

Walking through Amy flinched slightly as she caught sight of her aunt Sofia. The flamboyant red female walked towards them, hair curled up and golden bracelets jangling. As the leader of the prostitutes in the area Sofia had to be the best, the most beautiful, the most seductive. The black skirt hitching off her body and barely buttoned blouse did well to show off the curves that the Sunders family carried, somehow managing to appear even more boisterous than the elegant blond dog. The wolf blood had dealt well with Sofia, as she turned her gaze onto Shadowfang. "Well well, niece. Looks like you've brought back something quite nice for me. Interested in a job, handsome?"

Shadow's eyes looked to the female and watched her intently but not like the gaze of a male looking to a wolf in heat, his was the gaze of a wolf who would not be swayed and who would not be played with. Shadow heard the offer and in all honesty there was nothing stopping him from enjoying the woman's company, however there was one problem. As Shadow looked to her he saw nothing he wanted and the idea actually amused him, why wasn't he attracted to this woman, and what's more, why did he want to stay at Amy's side. Amy wanted to attack him and make him pay for beating her and yet here he was with an option to get away from the one who wanted him punished, and yet he wanted to stay with Amy. Shadow shook his head lightly and spoke still being polite but getting the point across. " Forgive me, but I can not. Maybe another time, my lady." He looked to Amy and waited for her to move and he followed without another word.

Watching her aunt Amy found herself hating the bright female. The look thrown her way made it quite clear that the news of Amy's defeat was already spreading through the family. Her place in the pack would be tested now, seeing if she was still worthy of the family, if she could still hold her place. Being challenged by Sofia was ridiculous, as Amy knew she could defeat the colorful female. That didn't matter in her family though. What mattered was the success one had, and the strength one had to enforce it. Amy had failed in that aspect, full of success but easily toppled by a single wolf.

Her gaze averted, head high as she refused to acknowledge the challenge in the other's gaze. Shadowfang's refusal didn't surprise Amy, knowing that it wouldn't be so simple to get rid of the pest. She had been trying for a while, after all. It was no problem if he was an alpha in his own right, but to stay with her and keep challenging her position was a nuisance. She'd even been forced to retreat to her home to have a break. She didn't think Shadowfang would be interested in whoring himself out anyways.

Moving along Amy crossed down, finally reaching her room. Turning to Shadowfang she opened her mouth to tell him to find his own, before shutting it again. Her family was dangerous, and leaving him out there exposed to them wouldn't be right. No, she'd keep him with him, at least until she felt confident that he could handle them. After that, well, her own actions would determine whether or not this would be her last time with her family. Entering her room she waved Shadowfang in. Closing the door Amy moved to the bed, slipping off the dress she had worn. Pulling a nightie out of the closet Amy dressed herself before moving into her bed and closing her eyes to sleep, keeping the stress from showing in her form.

His eyes didn't linger on her as she moved however, the moment she wasn't looking at him he did take a glance. What was it about her that made him keep looking. He tossed the thought from his mind and found a chair in the corner of the room and he sat down having his arms crossed and then he closed his eyes. What he saw when his eyes closed he did not expect. Shadow saw within his thoughts and memories the fight he had with Amy, body close and blood being exchanged in both strikes and with teeth. His mind focused however on when they were close to one another and he was on top of her and biting into her neck. He saw it all happen as if it was being replayed , however when it should have stopped and he would have gotten up he kissed her passionately on the lips. The image even though it was wanted,was surprising and he opened his eyes only to find that he had fallen asleep, was he that tired? Or was it something more that made his thoughts betray him?

Amy's own sleep was much less restful. She had kept the fact that nightmares were plaguing her hidden for the most part. This night was even worse than most though, back in the home where it had happened. As a pup again she wandered down the halls, hungry and wondering if the blood was something good to eat. Things changed as she reached the end though. Opening the door she was an adult, her brother replaced by the black wolf she couldn't shake herself free from. Blood ran down his face as he held her sister's tiny limp body. He mouthed the words, 'you are in my debt'. Amy tried to move back, but he was on top of him, pinning her down, and his teeth was sinking into her neck, and she was going to die-

Amy bolted up, teeth bared into a snarl. There was no way she was going to submit. She would fight. Wildly her head whipped around the room, mind racing with fear as she tried to figure out what was going on. Shadowfang wasn't on top of her, the scent of blood didn't cling to her fur. Lifting a hand Amy touched the scar on her neck from their battle, wishing it wasn't there. Glancing over at Shadowfang she sighed with relief, thinking he was still asleep. Perhaps now would be the time to end this nightmare, to pin him down. The fear was still fresh though, keeping her on her bed, unable to do anything but draw herself up, planning her attack.

He saw Amy move violently and knew she had a bad dream. His eyes closed and he continued to mimic the breathing rhythm he had when asleep and he even twitched and his body was held there relaxed and dead. It was among his best techniques, the ability to mimic sleeping down to the switching and slight movement of a lip, or flick of an ear. He wondered if Amy would attack him right there in the room. Maybe he would submit and not put up a fight at all. Wait, what? Not put up a fight, what was he thinking. The moment he was beaten she would think herself better than him but on the other hand if he didn't fight back then she would be able to fully except the fight and she would want him to defend himself. He was confused and unsure what his actions would be if she attacked him but regardless he was ready, he was a sleeping killer. A snake coiled and ready to strike at a moments notice.

Courage slowly seeped through Amy's veins as she sat through, growing more and more furious. The truth of the matter was she hadn't even been bested at her best. Amy used her secui form for fighting, but pride had kept her from shifting, believing that she could take him down without it. That underestimation had cost her a battle that she hadn't been able to afford to lose. It had changed everything, made her question her life.

Crouching on the bed Amy looked at herself. Shifting now would be a good idea, but the noise would probably wake him up. Then she'd have to fight him without the weakness of sleep standing between them. The flimsy nightgown clung to her pale form in the moonlight, Amy slowly shifting her balance. Not a noise was made, dampening her own killing intent to keep it from awakening him. After all, one's intent could give one away just as easily as a sound. Making herself fade into the room was difficult, used to having her presence shout volumes at those around her. Slowly though, her presence faded, until Shadowfang might as well have been alone.

With this presence, Amy finally made her move. All the uncertainty, fear, and rage he had caused her was channeled in her leap. Forcefully she slammed into him, prepared to knock him to the ground and pin him like he had done to her. Fangs went for his throat, wanting to force his submission. The situation was reversed, or at least she hoped it would be with her rapid movements.

He thought as she leaped through the air, the action he would take against her. Again she was attacking him and again she underestimated his ability. He knew that given the ways of there last fight she would want to tackle him exactly as he had done and she would bite him. He knew this truth because he would have done the same. Show your enemy the same pain and weakness that you had received. He waited as the wind picked up and he threw out a sold straight grab and his hand hit home around her neck. He opened his eyes the moment she had stopped and he looked at her with a cold, all knowing type of look. He growled low and then he sat up and used all his strength to toss her back with a hard push and then slowly he stood as he looked to her, a demon within his bi-colored eyes. " come on...." He lowered to all fours and waited for her move. this was going to end one way or another..., either he would win, or she would, but perhaps another option was available, one he thought of earlier.

His fist clenched around her neck, and Amy realized she'd fallen for a stupid simple trap. Tossed back Amy scrambled, fear lighting her eyes. He wasn't facing the demon or the warrior, but the frightened pup who had watched her sister's murder. If he had been in another room Amy would have been able to take the time to think, instead of recklessly attacking, still enthralled in the nightmare. He moved to all fours, Amy moving to take control. Swallowing the fear down Amy pushed herself up. Her tail stood tall behind her as she considered how she would fight. Moving Amy began the slow shift to secui, making sure that she was capable of defending herself while the shift was finished. In her monstrous form Amy held herself taller, the nightgown discarded to the side.

He watched her and did attempt to move a muscle. His body readied and was like a spring ready to be released. He saw her change and he thought that he could do that same and match her and so he did. He shifted with her and finished at exactly the same time and he to was now a monster like her. He dug his claws into the ground lightly and he bared his teeth as he mirrored her actions, when she would circle left he would circle right and so on. He lowered his head as his eyes bore into her's as he looked into her soul, since the eyes were the gate to such a thing. " Amy...what do you fear...." He saw the pup and wanted her released but he knew he had to fight a demon to get to it. And he would, he would fight anything and anyone to help another and Amy, she was no different.

Amy bared her fangs at Shadow, searching, always searching for a weakness. She was tired of this dance of theirs, unable to flee, unable to fight. He had her well and truly trapped, with no way of avoiding him. "I fear nothing." Amy lunged forwards, faster and stronger than she had been in optime form. This was her true skill. Her ability was so much greater, allowing her to take a bite out of him before leaping back, untouched.

He saw the bite coming and rather than even try to act or move he stayed his teeth. he looked at her and sighed and he shifted again with slight pain due to the bite and he was now kneeling in his Optime form. " What are you trying to prove?...who are you attacking when you look at me like that...." " What pains you so..." He stayed on his knees and with one arm on the ground holding him up as he looked into her eyes deep, trying to find that girl he use to know. " This is more than proving yourself..." If she were to come at him and try and pin him he would let her and he wouldn't fight back.

She watched the black beast shift into optime form. Wary, she kept her distance. The questions brought nothing but growls from her, fear flickering in her eyes. Backing away from him Amy returned to optime form, clutching the nightgown to her body. Swiftly she spun to the window. There was no glass in them, the windows long since shattered by time and the violence the home had witnessed. Diving out she fled for the woods, running like never before.

'Amy!" He took off after her and he dashed from where he sat and as he dove for the window he went through and then rolled to his feet once hitting the ground and he trailed after her. She was fast but he had a larger stride and would be able to keep up. They burst through the bushes and trees barely missing them and sometimes grazing some. They were moving so fast it was as if they were flying. He had seen it, more powerful now, the child that fought to escape the hellish prison within her own mind. He had weaken the barriers with his words and his lack of action. The demon fought and used anger to cover the sadness, he understood now and he would not lose his friend!. "Amy fight it....fight the fear and the anger, you are stronger than your pain!" He kept low making sure to dodge the high branches and the low ones, he moved as if he knew the forest, and he had too for if he didn't he would lose his chance to save Amy.

He was following her yet again. She would never be free of this wolf, this black male that followed her with burning eyes that always questioned her. Diving to the side Amy stood, sides heaving. Her clothes were clutched in a fist as she leaned against the tree, hoping he would pass her by.

He saw her move and he kept running as if he saw nothing. His foot steps were heard going by and then slowly they faded away into the distance. Meanwhile Shadow had taken to the trees. and was making his way back and due to the trees being so think it was easy to hide his movements and to not make any sounds. He would need to grab her from behind and talk to her and force her to hear him out and to do that he would have to catch her off guard. He moved from one tree to the next all while keeping his eyes on the prize, She was his mission now and he never failed at a mission. He would save his friend from her own mind.

It seemed she was finally free of him. Shaking with the exertion Amy sunk down. She slipped the nightgown back on. Blond hair fell down her back, thick and wavy. The moonlight lit her up, making her appear as a ghost, soundless in the area. If one didn't know her they would think she was the ghost of an unfortunate lover, killed in a tragedy. Leaning against the tree she closed her eyes, relaxed.

She relaxed...now was the time. He dropped from the branch above her and held his hands ready to grab her quickly. the very moment his feet touched the ground next to her his arms shot forward going under her arms holding them above her head so she couldn't use them and they were far enough away so that even if she did scream no one would hear her and stop him from what he needed to do to save her soul. He lifted her and pulled away from the tree so she had no leverage and his legs stood ready to block any kicks that would be aimed for him. He had the upper hand, and he needed to use it.

" Amy....what happened when you were a pup....you were happy, care free, innocent. What happened to change that, why do you hide that pain within your eyes and cover it with anger. Where is the little pup who's tail wags and she asks for a black pup to be hers....Tell me...." He spoke but he didn't yell, he didn't have to, her ears were right there and she could hear everything he said. He knew she would, and he knew she would fight to keep those memories hidden and away from everyone, even her self

A black blur dropped down behind her. Amy whirled, already in a fighting pose. One hand gripped for where her sword was supposed to be, only to remember that it was gone, stored in the house where she had felt safe. Her arms were grabbed and she was pinned again. Helplessly she twisted in his grip, trying to work free. Bright brown eyes glared into his mismatched pair. His question was met with another growl. "You know nothing about me." It's true, she had asked to purchase him, but she had been a child, foolish and stupid. Swinging herself by his arms Amy propelled himself to kick him in the stomach.

He moved his stomach to the side dodging the kick and then he twisted and forced her to her back and again he was on top and looking down into her eyes as he spoke." Don't hide it...tell me what killed your innocence. I will not let you up otherwise..." He positioned his legs to holds hers and his hands had her wrists once again, he didn't want to do this to her but he had seen the pain and wanted to free that part of her soul." Let me help you...."

The bloody assassin managed to dodge her strike, and again she was on the ground, staring at him and completely dominated. The thin fabric between them felt like even less than last time, so thin that Amy could feel his fur brushing against her through it. Amy might like the thin silky fabric for sleeping in, preserving her modesty while letting her cool down, but in a situation like this it was completely inappropriate. An ugly laugh slipped through her at his words. "Innocent? I was never innocent. I grew up watching my family break the bones of others, listening to them discuss how they had torn apart the families that opposed them. I believe the innocent are ignorant of these facts of life."

"You know what I am talking about! Why are you afraid! Why can't you tell me! Miss big bad assassin! Look at you. You're on the ground and i'm on top. I am Alpha. You can't be due to your fear! spit it out!" He didn't want to go the route of the evil, manipulative assassin but she was fighting and the demon wouldn't let go. he would have to push her buttons to get the answer he wanted he would have to make her think back on the horrible moment and re live it, she would have to do all this in order to be saved. It was going to be hard and she might even want to die from reliving whatever hell she was avoiding but he had too....he had to torture her and hurt her, to save her breaking soul.

Amy's ears flattened at the assassin's words. He was correct, and she hated it. He was alpha, dominating over her. To hear that fear was holding her back just had her growl. She was afraid of nothing except for one small thing. "It doesn't matter. It happened a long time ago. It doesn't effect me." Big fat lie, but Amy didn't care. She didn't like being forced like this, knowing there was no choice.

"It doesn't matter huh? If it doesn't then tell me. What happened! If you don't care then telling me should be easy! Unless you are afraid of it! Admit if you are afraid of what you don't want to tell me, you know what they call that? Weakness." She was so big on not having a weakness and he found her's He pulled it out and dangled it infront of her making her see it and know that it couldn't be hidden, not from him.

Amy flinched at the words, hating the fact that she did have a weakness. "No! Not weakness. I simply don't care for the fact that my brother betrayed my family! It's shameful!"

Your brother killed your family......* He still held her but he wasn't holding so hard and wasn't trying to hurt her, He mearly held tight enough so she couldn't get away, and so that she couldn't hurt him. He looked deep into her eyes and spoke softly." Thats the pain you have been holding back for so long....Your brother killed his own family...and yet not you..."

Amy gazed into his eyes, hating what he had made her say. It was a secret to never be spoken, never told to an outsider. Her lack of strength was a dishonor. She had been forced to submit, to tell what should have never been told. Her head was shaken at his words. "He killed my sister. He was my litter mate. He didn't kill me only because he was too late. My parents were already there." Amy didn't know whether or not he was dead, that was the worst part. Not knowing what they had done after taking her away from there. He might have been killed, or exiled, and she didn't know.

He let his hands go and climbed off her and he expected an attack and he would let it happen, he gotten his answer and now that the memory of it was placed in the light she would have to confront it and so would he. He wasn't going to leave her alone after just getting the answer. He needed to stay there by his side and now the hard part was coming. She would want to release her anger and her pain and he was going to play the part of the punching bag.

Shadowfang finally climbed off her. Amy stood up, brushing the dirt off. Trembling with rage she glared at the wolf before her. She refused to attack him, refused to let him have any part of her. "You are Nothing." With those words Amy stripped his existence from her mind. He was nothing to her, not even someone to acknowledge in passing. They might as well have been strangers. Amy stalked away, loose hair tugging back slightly as she moved towards the mansion again. Once she got there maybe she could cry.

Shadow didn't follow, To follow her would only make it all worse. He knew that not being in the mansion would be dangerious. He watched her go and knew that over time she would come to him, if not then at least he had gotten his answer and knew why she had become so cold. He looked up and climbed the tallest tree and purched himself on a large branch high above the ground floor. It was wide enough to hide his form but his smell would be picked up. he had no idea the routs of patrols or even if there were any. Being as powerful a family as they were, odds are there would be none.
Amy didn't turn around, didn't come back. She returned to the house, burying her face in her pillow, sobbing. It seemed the tears would never end. She couldn't be part of her family anymore. She had dishonored it beyond belief. If they discovered what she had done they would kill her. If they found out. Shadowfang hadn't followed her this time, something that both relieved and worried her. Was he planning something else?

The days passed, and she found herself missing his reassuring presence. No one commented on the assassin's disappearance, assuming that she had taken him out, reclaiming her place. It was a lie, but in a place where lies built a life it didn't matter. She could defeat anyone else, after all. Her training took on an obsessive edge, working to the point where her hands bled and she couldn't stand anymore. It worried her sister, leading Emi to assign a slave to stop Amy whenever the blood began to pour.

Amy was completely alone, her family believing that she was strong, needing no one to support her. If she did need support she was weak after all. Emeric approved of Amy's new training habits, believing it was proof that she sought to become better, not satisfied at already being at the top. If only they knew why she trained so hard. No longer able to deal with the strain Amy exited to the woods where she had fought, dismissing the black wolf from her life. Her outfit was ragged, black and revealing more than it covered, large claw marks showing through from the various battles she had worn it to. Today she would hunt, and hopefully it would clear her mind. Bow in hand she walked through, silent as she searched for what she would be eating, hoping this would finally distract her from the worry and guilt eating at her.

Shadow walked from behind a large tree and looked at her from behind and he spoke having his voice heard and then like a ghost he was gone. " I would have helped you, I would have been your friend, you don't have to live a lie...you don't have to live alone." His voice was on the wind as if she had a spirit that was talking to her from trees. Was it actually Shadow or something else.

Her spine prickled as Amy sensed aother presence in the woods with her. The voice had her hackles raised with fear. The words were ones she wanted to hear, dreaded to hear. Spinning around she stared at the empty space. He was here, he was alive, he was still tormenting her. Surprisingly Amy felt herself welcoming it, glad that he was just fine and still around.

There was silence and then lightly a warm breath on her neck. " You wanted to buy me, I would have been happy with that. you could have been happy. It's not your fault, none of it is your fault. You couldn't have stopped it, But you can change your path. Everyone has the ability to change their path, you have a choice, whether you believe it or not." The breath was there, so close and it would have felt like she was going to be embraced but then again he was gone.

Amy felt the breath on her neck, but didn't turn around. Instead she simply concentrated on his presence. Her ears twitched slightly as he spoke, the same nonsense as always. Changing her path, things not being her fault. There was plenty of things Amy was guilty of. He stepped away again, but this time she was able to track him, her senses honed to a whole new level from the time spent madly training. It had finally paid off, finding Shadowfang in a tree. Pulling back the bow Amy released an arrow to pin him where he stood. "There is no need to change."

Shadow had a black cloat on and wraps around his hands and feet and when the arrow was let go his hand came up and grabbed it in the air. His head was hidden behind the hood and slowly he took his free hand and removed it. There were new scars on him as well. He had been training like she had. maybe not in the same way but still it was hard. He snapped the arrow and dropped it and he stood from the branch he was on. " You can still be saved." He jumped from the branch and landed on one knee and slowly he stood up.

Amy's hands trembled slightly. The wounds on her hands had split open, her bowstring slick with her own blood. "I don't need to be saved." Her words were a whisper, eyes glued to him as he caught the arrow, destroying her belief in having grown more powerful. The female had'nt eaten for days, and it was finally catching up to her. She stood strong for a few more moments before her knees began to buckle.

"Amy....there is only one differance between me and you, I held onto all of me, You lock part of yourself away. That day, when we fought and I didn't follow...You cried, didn't you" He didn't expect her to answer but if she did then it would have been amazing indeed. His tail moved lightly behind him and his pure black cloak blended with his natural coat. His gaze pierced hers and he looked to see if there had been any change in her eyes, if the demon was still in control or if it had lost a little of it's hold. Shadow saw her legs start to buckle and he waited till her balance would be lost before he dashed forward and caught her in his arms. " You train so hard....why."

Amy stood as tall as she could as Shadowfang spoke. She wouldn't be giving in to him. Not even if it was the truth. Amy finally buckled, only to be caught by him. Why did he keep on doing this to her? Dashing in and taking care of her. She attempted a glare up at him, but it was half hearted at best. "Because I can't lose."

" Everyone can't always win. At one point or another they lose and there no way around it." He picked her up in his arms as he walked toward a small pond that was near by. As he walked he looked forward and didn't bother to look down at her." You probably don't remember this but when we were small, I snuck into your parants building and dropped off a pretty stone that i had found while training in the forest. I'm not sure if you ever got it but it was me. I remembered thinking i was going to get caught the whole time, thinking that your family would catch and kill me, all for dropping off a simple stone." He smiled lightly as they finally got to the pond. He sat her down and then with his hands he created a bowl and got some water trapped in it and then he brought it to her lips." Drink."

Amy looked off as he spoke. "You always have to be so smart, don't you." Her words were muttered, just under her breath to make it hard to hear. Protests broke out from her as she was scooped up and carried through the woods. She could take care of herself just fine. She didn't need to be babied. Completely ignored Amy fell into a silent sulk.

Her ears twitched as the black male spoke, listening to the memory. She remembered that stone. Her brother had found it, and Amy had wrestled him for the bright milky blue stone. It had been her secret prize for days. Reaching a small pond Amy was deposited gently down. Returning to grumbling to herself about how she didn't need help Amy turned and watched him sceep up the water. Held to her lips Amy scowled. A bloody hand reached up, knocking it away. "I don't need your help." Lies, but she still felt that she had to say that.

He sighed and went to the pool and again he got some water in his hands and slowly he brought it to her and he looked her in the eye, it was the look of a threat it was of something more, a wisdom, and friendship. He made a simple nod with his head as he looked to the water an then her. If he had to he would keep at it all day and sooner or later she would break. He couldn't leave her alone given how weak she was and how beat up." drink...."

To be Continued
So this is a short summarization of the posts that I went and lost XD

A small glow of triumph flickered through Amy as he moved away. She might not have been able to best him in a battle, but he couldn't force her. Returning with more water Amy glared as he made it perfectly clear he was willing to do this all day. If she wasn't feeling so bad Amy would probably have been amused by watching him go back and forth all day. She was too weak to keep it up though, and gave in, drinking the water.

Shadow wasn't triumphant over getting Amy to drink the water. He knew he was lucky to get any cooperation from her at all. Kneeling down he cupped a bloody hand in his, holding onto it. Softly he looked into her eyes. He had watched her train, knew that she was faster, stronger, more skilled than before, but that she could be on an entirely different level if she just let go of the pain of her brother's betrayal. "Why do you do this...why do you train so hard?"

Amy tried to resist as the assassin lifted up her hand. Tugging against him was useless, unable to resist his grip. Refusing to answer Amy stared over at the pond. There was no need for him to know.

Shadow sighed, getting up and moving over to the pond. Gently he lifted a stone, skipping it over the edge. It was almost a metaphor for the two of them. Usually Amy was on top, but sooner or later she had to fall, and Shadow was the water to envelop around her.

Watching the male stand Amy looked at the muscles rippling underneath his sleek fur. Even if he was a nuisance Amy couldn't deny he was a fine specimen. Aunt Sofia had tried to hire him after all, and she took on nobody but the most beautiful for her business. Lifting her head she couldn't help but wonder what he'd been doing all this time.

Shadow had been working as a modern day 'Robin Hood', freeing slaves from camps and returning them where they belonged, stealing jewels and distributing them around.

So yeah, it's pretty clear where my memory gets foggy on these XD
Another short summary. Sorry people, but I do have actual posts after this! It won't happen again. Amy asked why he was still around, and Shadowfang told her it was for her. She fell asleep afterwards, and Shadow made some food for her and bound her injured hands. When she wakes up Shadow asks her to fight him, a fair fight so Amy could finally be satisfied and stop with the endless drive to train. Amy attacks, and I pick up with actual posts XD

Shadow nodded as she came at him, a respectful look came to his eyes and he saw the attack. Rather than block or dodge, He attacked as well and fist hit fist and then he jumped back mirroring her actions as if a reflection on water. He had been watching her train from when she had first run off. Whatever she had done in her training he did the same, and then he would train on how to beat her movements. He looked at her and he put his right hand behind his back and his left reached out and with his fingers her motioned for her to come at him. This was more than just a fight to see who was better. To Shadow this was a fight between friends, this was a conversation, they were talking now through action and reaction. They would come to know each other more deeply than they had before.

The movement was surprising, a complete mimic of Amy's. He had been watching her. Eyes narrowed as she circled around, realizing she'd have to move out of what she had trained with, using moves she hadn't used before. It would be messy, but it was the only way to defeat someone who already knew her movements. Breaking all the ideas that had been trained into her Amy blindly charged in. Her body twisted, letting her jump to get onto his back.

:He took a step back and sent out a open palm and it only barely hit her shoulder as she spun and then before he knew it, she was on his back and he smiled lightly as his arms went limp and his head went down as he looked to the ground, still the smile planted on his face. " Very good, you attacked in such a way that I had not seen before. You have gotten better, much better." He let her sit there on his back and he wondered if she would continue with the attack or hop off and take his lack of action as a sign of her winning that sparing session. A part of him however knew that she had something to prove to him and he was ready physically and mentally for a continuation of their "argument".

Shadowfang's condescending words angered Amy more than he could imagine. She would not be talked down to! Amy leaned down, a breath against his ear. "You simply mimicked my movements. I'm better than that." Her arms wrapped around his neck, tightly squeezing to cut off his oxygen.

He felt the arm come around his neck and he let them tighten, He had been strong before able to subdue her in basically any way he wished he would show her now what training had done for him. He casually right his right hand and grabbed her wrist and then with a growl he started to pull her arm away from his neck. He looked forward as he did this and once she was unable to hold him well he took his right left hand and reached and grabbed the same arm as his right and then he bent forward as he tossed her off of him. As she flew through the air he dashed forward following her closely and she would be landing in front of a large tree. He pulled back his right hand and then sent it forward with his claws leading to the very area she would be landing. Either she would need to move herself from his targeted area or take the full force of the blow. She had seconds to figure out a way to move herself to safety.

Amy fought to keep her grip from breaking, but he was still stronger than her. She wouldn't be able to rely on strength for this fight. Tossed off him Amy watched him move to strike her where she would land. Too bad she had no intent of going there. Amy reached down, causing herself to spin where she was. Facing Shadowfang, exposed as he was with his lunge Amy darted up into the exposed gap, claws plunging into his stomach. Amy stood there for a moment, squeezing the flesh inside, before remembering that she couldn't remain there. Pulling out Amy dashed back, hoping that the pause hadn't cost her.

His attack barely missed and his hand and claws connected with the tree and with a large breaking sound and bark exploded and there was an impression of his hand where it had hit. As his hand was in the tree he pulled it out and watched as Amy came in and attacked his stomach with everything she had. He had reached for her and then she figured out the flaw in her plan too late. As she went to get away his hand laughed out and grabbed her wrist and he pulled her in and hit her with his left fist, into her stomach and then he kicked out. His kick was blocked but it sent her flying back and while she was away from him he stood tall and he looked down to his stomach and saw small holes where her hail had punctured him. Her attack hadn't gone as deep as she would have liked. His body was covered in well toned muscles that almost felt like rocks. So far they were blow for blow, not one of them gave an inch and they were trading blows equally. They had grown stronger, faster and more skilled than ever. They were meant for one another, in more ways that either could possibly consider. Shadow looked to her and then he turned his back as if stating that the fight was over but then he jumped onto the trunk of the near by tree and he kicked off of it, to send his whole body flying at her. He kicked out and aimed for her chest, as he looked her straight in the eyes.

Amy was grabbed, too late to get out of range. The same blow she had delivered to him reflected back on her, a blow driving the air out. A kick reached up, and twisting out of his grasp Amy used the force of the kick to send her back out of his range. Still standing she glared up at him. His glance declared himself superior, though the blows exchanged so far had been an equal match. Amy bared his teeth as his back was turned. Darting forwards she was surprised as he kicked off the tree. Luckily she'd moved while he was turned, letting him sail harmlessly over her. With him still in the air Amy twisted around, reaching to slash open his heel, making his foot unable to bear his weight.

He turned while in the air and with his claws he knocked her hand away and then he landed as he kicked for her legs followed by two fist coming out, one aimed for her chest and the other aimed for her stomach. He Watched as she moved her body to the side, and yet another attack missed. He was happy, that she was so quick, she had shown growth and a increase in skill and speed. In terms of speed she had the advantage but his strength and dexterity were much higher than they were. If Shadow had to his could fight for days. After she dodged the attack she kicked at him and he raised one arm to take the blow and then he attacked with that arm swiping in a back handed motion. Again she dodged and again he stood there and looked to eyes. He smiled and lightly he spoke." I know your not up to talking during a fight but I have to come out and say, I enjoy fighting with you, to spar and to trade blows. I like it."

Amy followed the movements, parrying and striking, neither able to get the upper hand on the other. It was a relief in a way, knowing that he couldn't dominate her anymore, that he lacked the ability to do so. She had become his equal. Only his equal though. She wasn't able to take him down and defeat them, trapped in a stalemate. Both continued to move, blows moving faster than someone could keep track of. She heard his words, but didn't react, only thinking about the fight, and how to succeed.

At last her body gave out on her, still not strong enough to keep up with battle. The strain she'd put on it was too great. Neither had been able to gain ground, leaving a fire burning within her, trying to keep moving even as her body protested, wounds cracked open again.

She came at him and he saw how tired she was so he let her move and then he "tripped" and as he landed on his back he layed his head down and looked up into her eyes." You need more rest, I got that meat ready for you knowing that you would need it later. We have fought for hours now, We can stop, we don't have to continue." He spoke with breaths that were a little deep and he kept looking up at her as she laid on top of him.

Bloody hands clawed at Shadowfang. The wolf stumbled back, knocking them both to the ground. Sprawled on top of him Amy shook her head, pushing the dizziness that threatened to overwhelm her back. Feeling him underneath her Amy looked down in shock. Had she really managed it? His words shattered the illusion. He was just taking care of her yet again. "I don't need your help." It was true though, they had fought for hours with neither landing a good blow. Her ears twitched, hearing the ragged breathing. It seemed she had had some success, wearing down at him.

Staying there for a moment Amy simply sat, feeling his heart pulse under her bloody hand, letting the exhaustion sweep away. Slowly she came back off him, moving over to where the meat was. Claws sliced through it, dividing it into a meal she could enjoy. Biting in Amy licked at the juices that drizzled down. It was good. Not as good as it would have been had she eaten it when it had just finished cooking, instead of deciding to tackle him in a fight, but for the starving dog it was amazing. She wolfed it down quickly, even licking her hands clean afterwards, gently working at the blood that had formed again. The meal gone Amy looked down at her outfit with distaste. Sure, it was for fighting in, but the outfit was ragged, little more than black cloth clinging to her form, barely covering her body. She needed to head back and get changed into something more covering.

hadow watched her eat her food and he walked over and attacked what was left. His eyes went to her body as she looked to herself and then he spoke lightly as she looked to him. " Your fine, Your still beautiful as you have always been. You worry a lot about your appearance for what you do." He hadn't thought about the beautiful part he had added it was merely a stating of facts, nothing more. He finished his meat as he lay dawn and he got comfortable. The day was ending and the moon was now rising up into the sky to claim the sky once again as it's own. He knew that she would probably want to head home and change or go home and rest there since his camp probably wouldn't be nice enough for someone like her.

Amy's eyebrows raised at the black male's words. She knew she was beautiful. That's why she put so much effort into how she looked, so that she wasn't just beautiful, but amazingly so. Standing up Amy glanced over at Shadowfang, wishing she could invite him to come back with her without making it blatantly obvious how she hadn't actually killed him, destroying what little respect she managed to hold on to in her family. Nodding at him Amy turned and walked back towards the house. It seemed he didn't know she was retired as an assassin. Made sense, since she still killed others. If she was working as an assassin, her actions would be much more different, and she wouldn't have needed so much training.

hadow looked to her as she walked away and he actually found himself hoping that she would come back but he didn't hold his hopes to high knowing that they could very easily be torn away. He sighed once she was gone and he went to his fire and started to calm it so that when he went to sleep he wouldn't have to worry about waking of to a forest fire, or waking up to being on fire. Either would be bad and would be good to avoid. He got a skin and placed on near the fire for Amy if she did indeed come back and then he placed another on the other side and he took a place on it as he laid down and rested his hands on his stomach, his gaze looking to the stars and to the ones that chose to fall to get away from all the rest.

Amy reached the house. Miyu stood in the doorway, looking her over. Amy bowed her head respectfully to the powerful matriarch. "Mother." The dog's eyes glistened as she looked at her youngest daughter. "The assassin you brought home isn't dead, is he." Ashamed Amy hung her head. "No. I was training to be able to defeat him."

"Have you?" Amy shook her head, ears drooping with sorrow. Sighing Miyu pulled her into an embrace. "You may have been defeated by him, but that does not mean you have no worth. Your father defeated me, after all."

Amy looked up in wonder, hearing the suggestion. Did she honestly think that Amy and Shadowfang would make a good pairing? Amy couldn't deny being attracted to his strength, but more than that hadn't occurred to her, devoid of feelings of love.

Miyu turned, pushing Amy away. "Until you prove yourself, don't return." Amy looked straightened, holding herself tall. She could feel the eyes of her family on her, silent and hidden from sight. "I will return better than all of you." A bold declaration, but met with approval from her mother. Amy moved to her room, changing into an outfit more appropriate for travel, a dark blue blouse with jeans, and a fur lined cloak. Some items were packed in her bag, and she left the house. Amy didn't look back, knowing what would happen if she did. No weakness could be shown. Bria (2:27:49 PM):Carrying the pack of supplies Amy returned to where Shadowfang was. She didn't enter the camp, pausing a short distance from it. It seemed their fates were tied together.

" You are welcomed here for as long as you decide." Those words came from what looked to be a sleeping Shadow on the ground near the fire. He turned his hear and his eyes seemed to glow more than usual at the light of the fire. yellow and fire and blue like crystal looked to Amy and he wondered just what had been said while she was gone. She was not gone long and from how she was holding herself and that look in her eye, there was a great determination, she had a task and Shadow knew that whatever that task, no one would be able to stand in her way.

The assassin's words were met by a crisp nod. Looking at him Amy wondered if he would truly be her mate, the way that her mother had suggested. It seemed impossible. They were always fighting, always struggling with each other. Amy despised how weak he made her feel, despite the care that he lavished on her. Why did he do this? Why did he care for her? She didn't understand, didn't know how to even begin understanding the mystery that laid by the fire, eyes burning with a light her own soul lacked. Entering in Amy silently placed the pack down. Removing her cloak Amy made a small blanket for her body. It looked like she'd be living a rougher life than she was used to now. Amy could survive, having mastered areas where filth was actually one of the better things found there. It didn't mean she'd like it. Cut off from the one constant in her life Amy rolled over, looking up and wondering how she would prove herself. For she would, there was no doubt of that.

"So I take it the return home and the gathering of supplies means that all is well and you will be joining me. Your family didn't care that I wasn't dead?" He had been close enough to hear the words of members of that house so he knew that her fight with him was something personal and yet, there was something that kept her from trying to kill him. Hurt him, yeah she tried that, but kill it didn't seem like she ever wanted to go that far. From helping her like he had done, he wondered if some kind of code would force her to offer him anything for his kindness, it didn't really matter for he would deny any kind of compensation to begin with. He was happy just having her around. Would he ever tell her that? Probably not but he had a feeling that she wanted to be there herself. regardless on what they thought about the matter, they were connected and even as pups there was a fate about them, what the future would hold was a mystery but it was better that way.

Amy didn't respond to the words. They most definitely didn't like the fact that Amy had been bested by an outsider, and that she hadn't managed to refine herself enough to defeat him. Closing her eyes Amy worked on falling into a slightly troubled sleep.

No answer was good enough for him. He closed his eyes and without any worry of being attacked he went to sleep and managed to knock out before she did. She needed her time to think and with him falling asleep maybe she would be able to as well, or at least feel more at ease then while he was awake. He had no idea why she would come with him but whatever the reason, he was sure to find out in time.
Shadow walked slowly as Amy moved along side him. Still she was quiet and wouldn't let him know of her intentions. He had asked once while they were traveling and he got nothing out of her. She was in deep thought a lot of the time and in fact she had been thinking so hard at one point he surprised her when he had offered her a skin filled with water. What could she be thinking about so hard that it affected her ability to stay focused. It must have been something important. Shadow knew it had something to do with her family but little did he know that Amy's thoughts were of Shadow.

my had fallen into a pattern traveling with Shadowfang. Every day before he awoke (and she made sure he was asleep, and not just faking it) she went out and trained, working to become more powerful. After she returned to sleep for a short while before she would wake up to the smell of breakfast being made. Amy didn't question the care that the assassin gave to her anymore, simply accepting it as fact. She did her best to make sure that she wasn't a burden, scouting out places for them to rest and occasionally trading for supplies that they needed, using what she had learned to get all they needed.

For the rest of the day they would travel, Amy thinking about how she would prove herself. She could enter the fights, and work her way up to champion there. That didn't mean that she would be the best though, having only defeated a single family member, and her appearance would be sacrificed in the battle. Returning to work as an assassin didn't seem pleasant either, and competing against her mother was sure to be impossible. Forced to whore herself out and compete with Aunt Sofia wasn't an option for her either.

That left defeating Shadow as the only viable option for her to take. How she would go about conquering him was a mystery though, especially since Miyu's words about having him as a mate continued to echo through her mind. Should she try to seduce him? Force him to submit? She was unsure.

Shadow walked until they were on a cliff face and as he looked around he smiled and saw that right in front of the cliff was a cave. it would be perfect for them to set up camp here. He took off his pack and started to get things set up and he looked to Amy, and once again she was lost in thought, what could she possibly be thinking about for almost all hours of the day. He set up where the fire would be with large stones and then he went out and in no time he had wood for there fire. He looked to the mouth of the cave and he walked inside and saw that it hadn't been used in quite some time. There wasn't even a smell of bear or any other animal save for bats. He could hear them talking to one another and he smiled as a couple flew out and they passed Amy and as they did he looked to her and saw that distance once again in her eyes. Was she thinking about assassinating him in his sleep, no that didn't seem likely. He wished he could help her and so again he tried. " Amy, If there is something I can help you with feel free to ask. I am at your disposal if you need me." He kept working but his eyes remained on her as he waited and hoped for a reply that wasn't 'nothing is wrong'.

Bats flew past her, sending Amy to brush at her face. It was irritating, dragging her back out of her thoughts. Glancing at Shadowfang she shook her head at his question. "You can't help me with this." She had to figure it out on her own, however she would manage that. Sighing she sat down on the ground, looking up. There was one way to find out if he would make a good mate. The tradition of her family, to sleep with strong canines until healthy pups came from the union. She didn't want that with Shadowfang though. Somehow it didn't seem right. He fit all the criteria, but she just didn't want to. Maybe it was the fact that she'd be forced to abandon him if he proved too weak was why she left him hanging, suspended between being her mate and being unworthy.

hadow looked to her and saw a look he couldn't place. She wasn't going to tell him anything. He let it drop as he finished placed the pelts on the ground so they could sleep within the cave and the heat from the fire would feel the cave and make sure they were nice and warm even if it started to snow and even if it rained the cave entrance would block the water. He got comfortable as he looked to the mouth of the cave towards Amy and rather than keep pestering her he let it go as he laid down and looked to the roof of the cave and he thought to himself about what had been bothering Amy. He really wanted to help but if she said he couldn't then he couldn't.

Coming into the cave Amy took the thin rabbit they had caught that day, moving to cook it over the fire. They could probably eat better, but they didn't need much food, neither of them shifting a huge amount, and both more than capable of getting the food they needed. It was more of a snack than a real meal.

Everything was set up comfortably. With the meat slowly cooking Amy turned, staring out into the night as if it might hold the answers. Perhaps it really did. They were both creatures of darkness, experts at hiding their presence. Amy knew him very well from the battles they had fought, the time spent together. She knew his strange ideas, how he thought. He probably knew her just as well, even if she did keep herself cloaked, revealing nothing.

Shadow sat up as he looked to her start to cook the rabbit and he got out of his pelt and sat next to the fire and he said nothing as he just sat there wanting to be near. He was actually starting to eat away at him, on how he couldn't help her. It was as if she had some insane mission and he was not allowed to help in it. She was special to him and here she was cut off and alone, and yet she wasn't even a foot away from him.

Turning she looked over at Shadowfang. "How do you reveal yourself? Stop hiding?"

Shadow looked to her and thought about what she was asking and then he gave her the best answer he could think of. " To reveal ones self is to step into the light if they were hiding in the shadows and say here I am, To truly reveal ones self one must open them self up and let the other know there feelings, there worries, there dreams, everything. You can either reveal your presence or reveal your emotions, that's what I think anyway."

Amy snorted at the explanation. Feelings again. They just got in the way of what was important, a chain holding them back. After all, it was emotions that stopped her from doing what she had to do to return to her family. Maybe it was about time she stopped listening to them, and started acting on what was needed instead. Turning she looked Shadowfang in the eyes, suddenly seductive in her appearance. "There's another way to reveal yourself as well, you know." Amy lifted a hand to her shoulder, casually brushing the fabric down to reveal the bare flesh underneath. He had seen her, knew what was underneath. It worried her, that he wouldn't find her desireable because he already knew what was there. She could still try, at least.

He watched her closely and the moment her eyes changed he knew what was coming. Was this what she was thinking of the whole time? How to come onto him, It didn't seem right, He had to admit he had thought about her and in all truth he did want her. Back when they had fought in her room and he was laying on top of her he had an urge to kiss her but held back knowing nothing good would have come from it. Where was this other Amy coming from? Why only now was she acting like this. He had to know. His eyes traveled along her body and then lightly his averted them and looked to the flames of the near by fire." Why only now...." He hadn't said no but he hadn't said yes either. For all the training he had, it would be easy to see on his face that he was caught off guard by this random tactic.

Shadowfang's eyes traveled along her body, reassuring her that he still found her desireable, despite seeing everything that she looked like. His eyes fell to the fire, suddenly indescribeably shy. Maybe he knew that there was something wrong with her coming on like this, that it was simply a test to see if she could break the ties between them. She hoped not. Smiling at his words Amy shrugged. "I can't escape you. I might as well be with you."

" If you truly mean that then I can not deny you. " He looked back into her eyes the fire mirroring the same flame that burned within. His strong emotionless face seemed to melt off as he stared into her eyes. He never allowed himself to feel that way for her in fear that he would be denied. But now she was the one who was speaking to his heart like an angel is disguise. He remained where he was and his eyes again looked her over but they kept going back to her eyes. Her's too burned with a flame but was her flame the same as his. He hoped it was, he truly hoped." It this what you have been thinking of since we have started traveling together?" He still didn't believe that this was happening, There had to be more to it, no one just threw themselves at someone and expected them not to wonder why.

The desire, joy, and fear in his face was clear now, eyes burning intently as he looked at her. It sent shivers through her body to have so much directed at her. Desire and fear was something she knew very well, but joy? There was another emotion as well, one she didn't know, couldn't even understand. Another question came, and Amy looked away. Bria (5:01:39 PM):"I've been thinking of why we're tied together, trying to understand it." The uncertainty in her voice was there for a moment before she turned back to him, powerful and certain with her gaze. "This is the answer." Moving over Amy slid her hand down his back. "Don't you think?"

"Amy...."He didn't move as she touched his back and slowly he leaned forward and nuzzled into her neck lightly and he breathed in her scent and closed his eyes as it filled him. Damn it why did this have to happen. He wanted it to, he needed it to but still there were questions that needed answering. He nipped her neck lightly but kept his hands as his sides trying to restrain himself from moving to fast, however it was quickly apparent that he was not the one leading this action. She was. He kissed her neck lightly and again he took in her scent but then he stopped as he took in a deep breath, it would be easy to see that his body wanted her, and badly at that. " I want this to be the answer more than you know, but you haven't answered me.....Why only just now, right here, this place. Your eyes were full of question and then out of no where a lust, that I want, but can't place....." He was losing this fight faster than any fight in his life. He wanted there to be love, not just a reaction of two body's but of two souls, two hearts. He wanted that connection before he could be truly with her. He wanted to know that he would never be left. He mated for life, not for lust.

He nuzzled her neck lightly, the seductress turning, nibbling at his fur, brushing just below his ears, knowing how sensitive they would be when she finally got around to them. A light nip followed, her hand slowly moving to trail over his arm, feeling the rippling muscles underneath. She wanted him, despite the emotional restraints that tore at her. They were at such opposite ends, Shadowfang fighting to control his body, her fighting to control her emotions screaming for her to stop, knowing she could lose him this way. It was fine though. The lust would take her in the end as it always did, filling her with ecstacy, tearing away the regrets she had before.

He nuzzled her neck lightly, the seductress turning, nibbling at his fur, brushing just below his ears, knowing how sensitive they would be when she finally got around to them. A light nip followed, her hand slowly moving to trail over his arm, feeling the rippling muscles underneath. She wanted him, despite the emotional restraints that tore at her. They were at such opposite ends, Shadowfang fighting to control his body, her fighting to control her emotions screaming for her to stop, knowing she could lose him this way. It was fine though. The lust would take her in the end as it always did, filling her with ecstacy, tearing away the regrets she had before. His question was met with an impatient look. "If you want it, how can it be wrong? Yes, I've been wondering what to do. I found my answer. This is it." She brushed in, kissing his lips softly. Hands reached around him, slowly massaging his muscles, trying to get him to give in.

He fell back with her being on top of him and he growled a little as his hands traveled to her back and lightly he scratched down her back and he kissed her lips back lightly as he closed his eyes and then his hands started to massage her body like hers were to him, he gave a slight moan but then he stopped and growled again but it wasn't of wanting it was of annoyance, of fear." Could you love me....." He looked up at her a whole new look within his eyes, if she was reading his eyes before now only one feeling was there, love. He needed to know that love was driving this action, no other emotion would do. He needed her to know this. To feel it, to want it, like he did. "Amy, when I was with you before when you would kill others, I saw for a second a part of you that hated doing it, I wanted to free that part, to release the part of you that has emotion. I wanted that goofy, cute, carefree pup again, I wanted to see her, I have always cared for you but not because of your looks or your family, because of how I feel for you. I know this word might not be heard as it should, But I have loved you always....It's why I help, it's why I heal, it's why I fight for you. I want this more than you know.....your very body calls to mine like a wolf calls to the moon." He just looked into her eyes and waited.

Shadowfang fell back, and Amy was on top of the mighty black wolf. It was so easy, getting him to submit this way. He was putty in her hands, dancing as she wished. His hands traveled to her back, scratching it slightly. Growling with contentment Amy shifted her body against him, rubbing to increase his desire. This was the right thing. She knew it. He stopped again, bringing a growl from her. She didn't want to stop. His question had her pause in movement for a second. Love? What did love have anything to do with this?

Amy looked down, eyes glowing bright. There was that unknown emotion in the again, bringing fear from her. She didn't get it, didn't grasp it at all. Even worse, he spoke about that instant where she felt a speck of disgust for her actions. It always faded, becoming weaker with each kill. Amy didn't even acknowledge it anymore, just assuming everyone felt that way about killing. Hearing that he wanted the ignorant pup back Amy pushed away, disgusted. She didn't want someone who loved a pup. She wanted someone who wanted her. Stepping away she headed out of the cave. "I guess this isn't the answer then."

Shadow got up quickly and he ran behind her and grabbed her wrist and turned her quick and before she could react he kissed her passionately and he held the kiss as his strong arms wrapped around her and then one of his hands went to her neck and held it lightly as he closed his eyes and let himself be taken in my the kiss. He wasn't about to lose Amy, not again, not ever.

Her wrist was grabbed. Angrily Amy opened her mouth to protest, wanting to be let go, only to find his lips on hers. The kiss was passionate, fiery, igniting her own fire. She wanted this, she didn't want this, the entire world was confusion. Giving in to her desire Amy let him sweep her away, held close in his arms. Her arms wrapped around him, holding close. "So you choose me?"

" I choose all of you, I can't let you go again, I wanted you back when you left that day....never again..." He held her and he looked into her eyes and lightly he took his right hand and he placed his thumb upon her cheek and rubbed it lightly as he looked into her fire like eyes.

Amy trembled slightly, knowing that the very actions they did, the ones that would bring them closer, could also irrevocably tear them apart. At least he didn't know that. For now she could give in to her lust. Later, if she became pregnant, she could tell him what finding a mate meant for her. Her cheek was stroked softly, stopping tears before they even came. Her hands danced over his body, feeling his muscles. "Alright..." Her words were barely a whisper as she leaned up, kissing his lips, passionate and strong, feeling all of him beneath her, knowing where this would go.

Shadow brought her closer into the kiss and he smiled as he brought her down slowly and laid her upon one of the pelts he had set down earlier. He looked her deep in the eyes and then he leaned forward and kissed ear one softly as she closed them and then he held her close in his arms as he leaned forward and took in her scent one last time before he kissed her with love on the lips and he gave in and let his body and soul act on what it wanted. He loved her and he knew that there was still a reason behind her sudden interest in him and he knew that he wouldn't like it but he loved her, he just hoped that his love would one day be returned and that he would be able to see it in her eyes, maybe even one day, a smile.
Amy woke up, feeling very warm and happy. She snuggled closer to the warm presence near him, no threatening sense hanging over her. She didn't want to entirely wake up yet, knowing that something bad would be remembered once she did. For the moment, she stayed against the strong soft fur, not yet remembering what had happened or why.

Shadow was asleep and his arm moved from his side and wrapped around Amy as he was lying behind her. He breathed lightly and for once it seemed that he was truly at ease and content. He nuzzled into her neck while still remaining asleep and he squeezed her lightly as his hand took one of her as it was wrapped around her stomach.

An arm lifted, wrapping around her body. Amy's breath caught as the unusual action jolted her wide awake. Nobody touched her like that. No one but her lovers, that was, and she was alone, with no one but the black wolf with company. Soft soothing breaths ran along her as his head nuzzled into her neck. So she had broken it. Remembering last night Amy couldn't say she regretted it. Surprised, most definitely, but he was a wonderful lover, even if fresh. Her hand was squeezed, and Amy's mind raced wildly, trying to figure out a way to slip free. She had changed their positions, moved him from the precarious grip that allowed him to be close to her without harm, to a place where he would either become her mate or be forced to leave her permanently.

Gently she broke his grip, slipping away. Amy shifted into secui form, running out to get something to eat. Hopefully when she returned her emotions would be under control again, and Shadowfang wouldn't know the fear she felt knowing that she might lose him because of what she had done.

Shadow's eyes slowly came open as he was awoken from his slumber by Amy's movements. He knew what had happened and as he looked around he caught her tail just before she ran out of sight. He slowly got up and he touched his neck feeling where she had kissed and bit during there time last night. He got up and worked on getting some kind of breakfast going, He got the fire up and running and he knew Amy would hunt something down, wither of not she brought it back didn't matter he was hungry and if she wanted the cooked meat as well of course he would offer her some. He looked in the direction she had gone and sighed lightly. He put his assassin mask back on and worked on acting like nothing happened and he knew Amy would do the same. He didn't want her to feel bad about her choice.

Her tail was tugged briefly before she flicked it out of his grasp, smiling at him before she darted off. She didn't want to lose him, as strange as that was. Amy didn't understand the attachment she held to him, or the fear it gave her when she thought about him being gone. It wasn't long before she came across a moose. It was a swift battle, Amy's frustration taken out on it. The large prey down Amy dragged it back to the campsite. Pausing outside Amy took the moment to lick her fur clean before shifting back into optime and stepping in. She wasn't wearing anything, but luckily she'd taken Shadowfang as a lover, the worries about her remaining clothed disguised now. Reaching over Amy nibbled on his ear softly. "I brought a moose back." Amy stepped over to her small selection of clothing, pulling out jeans and a warm purple shirt.

Shadow smiled at the nip and snapped playfully at her and when he looked to the moose he smiled and got to work on it. He cleaned it and then removed the meat that would be eating and the guts that its heart and everything. It would make for a fantastic blanket and its meat would be perfect. He got the meat over the fire and started to cook and as he did he smiled at Amy and patted a spot near him as he slowly turned the meat.

Dressed Amy turned around. Shadowfang indicated for her to take a spot next to him. She hesitated for a moment, not wanting to get close enough to be hurt if they ended up being separated. He didn't know there was that chance though, and Amy needed to be sure this worked out. Smiling casually she stepped over, joining him on the floor. Affectionately she nuzzled into his body, the meat's juices sizzling through the air.

She wasn't sure how long she'd have to keep up this act of the affectionate lover, devoted to the male. Until she was pregnant, at least. When that happened she could return to being herself, express how she truly felt. Keeping Shadowfang close to her was more important than that right now though. She had chosen him as a potential mate, and the dance had to be carried out.

Shadow watched her face close as he smiled at her. He saw it, Why, why couldn't she just have fallen for him like any other couple out there. He was being used, he knew it now, But he didn't care, he had true honest feelings for Amy and he could only hope that there future was a bright one. After she sat down he took her hand and kissed it lightly and then he placed it gently back where it was. He got the meat cut up and once he was done he looked to her and motioned with his hand for her to have at it. He looked to her eyes and saw that there was feeling there, but still she was convinced that feelings had no purpose in life.

Her hand was kissed softly. Always, he was so gentle with her. It wasn't like she was some fragile princess, about to fall apart and break. She was made of tougher stuff than that. She had done things that gave others nightmares, a walking demon. Yet he treated her like something precious, something to hold up above all others. She took the meat, avoiding his eyes as she dug in, enjoying the taste. Fresh meat was always the best. It tasted good, cooked to the perfect ripeness, blood dripping down. Smiling she looked up, managing to meet his eyes this time. "It's good."

:"Thank you I'm glad you like it." He smiled kindly as he looked her in the eyes and then he looked to the meat and took his own peace and dig in. He ate his fill and then once the meat was done and after they packed everything up it was time to move again. He picked up the largest portions of the supplies and wouldn't let Amy talk him out of carrying what he was. He was going to help her all the same like he had planned, it didn't matter what they did last night. He was going to continue to treat her with love, respect and kindness, regardless of the outcome in the future.

Everything was packed up, Amy not protesting when he took the larger portions. She still viewed herself as someone important, even if she had been completely stripped of her rank. At least she had taken the first step to getting it back, determining Shadowfang's worth to the family, and whether or not he could join her world. Stepping out Amy moved beside him, keeping pace, charting out where they would go. Now, their destination wasn't just to wander, but to keep Shadowfang with her, and in love. For that, the most beautiful and romantic places would be sought out.
Shadow and Amy kept moving from place to place and at the moment they were heading to some place called moon lit falls? He looked around and saw that they had wandered into a hole and on all side a good mile and a half in all directions there were cliff faces and water falls were falling off each one, it was a wonder the place they were in didn't flood. he had heard this place at night and during a fool moon was beautiful and that the lake at the areas center had underwater tunnels that emptied into a never by river and then that river went to the ocean. He looked to Amy and then ahead again. He noticed it, there was no way it could be hidden. the sudden interest in finding beautiful places when only weeks before that had been just wondering. He wanted to believe it was because she wanted to be romantic but something kept eating at him, a warning but he didn't give it any thought." Amy, tonight is suppost to be the night the moon rises to the center of the bowl and then all the waterfalls all around us are Cody Patton (9:24:47 PM):easier to see and when it's quiet you can here the roaring water in all directions. Amy? Why have we been going from one beautiful land mark to the next? "

To say she had been enjoying her time with Shadowfang was an understatement. Surrounded by beauty she had seduced him almost every night, each time being brought to new heights of pleasure. Amy's style had changed, abandoning her stricter appearance for a more cheerful one, taking the time to pick out outfits that were nice to wear, enjoying the way he looked at her when she came out.

She glanced back at him, smiling mischievously. "Because I wanted to share this with you. They say if you make a wish right when the moon rises it'll come true." Stepping over Amy wrapped her arms around him, looking into his eyes. "It will be a beautiful night, just for us to see."

" Just us?" he said lightly as he smiled and he wrapped his arms around her and then he leaned in and nuzzled into her neck lightly as he nipped at her neck and then very gently he placed a kiss onto her lips and slowly he pulled away and smiled at her as he looked her in the eyes." anyplace as long as your there, is beautiful."

The joy that lit Shadowfang up at her words was almost painful for Amy to see. It was a good thing she was experienced at pushing away what she felt, instead letting the pleasure drown through her, everything washing away. She was genuinely enjoying herself, except for those small reminders that this world they were in couldn't possibly remain, one day collapsing when she became pregnant. It hadn't happened yet, but it was there, the deciding weight of what would happen. Her neck was nuzzled, a brief flicker of sorrow in her eyes before he pulled back, the seductive nature back in place. He pulled her in, Amy leaning into the kiss, tasting his lips, wishing for more, knowing she'd have to wait. She smiled at his words, keeping the chill from her eyes as she twirled away, curtseying playfully. "Thank you kind sir." Stepping back over she nuzzled his fur, breathing in the scent that had become as familiar to her as her own. Hand grasped in hers she lead him over, finding the perfect place for them to watch the moon rise.

Shadow followed her slowly and once they had reached the spot where the magic was suppose to happen he looked to her and hugged her tight as he stood there keeping her in his arms. He looked up as clouds moved out of the way of the moon and then he looked around and smiled lightly as he saw the far corners of the bowl and he could see all the waterfalls and as he listened carefully he could hear the roar of the water as well. He looked down to Amy as he held her lose and his eyes burned with that love that he had hidden for so long since he had been around her. He looked back to the moon and when he looked to it he spoke lightly." I wish, that...we could be together always." As he said that he looked her in the eyes to see what feelings and reactions she would give off to words like those. He wanted to believe that they would live happily together but something else was in the air.

Amy lead the way into the center. His arms wrapped tightly around her, a protection from everything out there. It was an odd feeling, being so protected. She didn't need it, had never experienced the feeling since her brother had murdered her sister, driven to become the best killer out there, to stand above all others so no one else could harm her, the long scar on her back a testament to that struggle. She watched the moon rise, lighting everything up. Sighing with contentment she smiled into his eyes, happy to be there with him, aware of the tangle of guilt and pleasure that would follow. The wish Shadowfang made caught her off guard though, and for a moment everything was revealed.

Fear, and guilt, and worry all tangled in her eyes. She knew she could lose him, being with him like this, that if she wanted to remain with him it would have been better to never bring him into this. She had to return to her family though, and there had been no other way. So she had risked the very thing that she had grown to care for so much, hiding her attachment. It passed, and Amy smiled reassuringly. "You don't need to wish for something that's sure to happen already." Leaning in she kissed him gently, hands tugging to pull the cloak away from his body, to let the moonlight silhouette her lover.

He kissed her back as his cloak was pulled away from him and he let it fall as he closed his eyes and let himself melt into the kiss. He had seen the look in his loves eyes, the fear and uncertainty in her eyes. He worried him and he feared her reason for looking at him that way but he focused on the kiss and on his love right here and right now. He looked into her eyes with love and he moved some of her hair as he kissed her back and his arms wrapped around her and then he hugged her and lifted her high as he continued to kiss. He chuckled lightly as he held her in the air and he opened his eyes to see an angel of the moonlight looking back at him.

Shadowfang returned the kiss, always so passionate and fiery. The fears and doubts of before were pushed away as always at his strong touch, allowing the fantasy that he could take away all the obstacles, that just maybe he would be her mate, that she wouldn't be alone. Mismatched eyes glistened in the moonlight, meeting her own dark brown ones.

Her wild hair was pulled back, not pulled up out of the way as it used to be. Arms wrapped around her, and Amy pulled back from the kiss, surprised as she was lifted up. Leaning her head back Amy laughed, pure joy coming from her, enjoying the feel of his hands on her, the light turning everything magical. She looked down at him lovingly, not able to get enough of his strength, hungry enough to take him again and again, however many times he would let her. Eagerly she pulled herself close, legs wrapped around him, murmering her wishes to be one with him in his ear.

He smiled as her legs wrapped around her and at hearing her secret request he looked to the ground and slowly he sat down as he leaned back and held himself up with his arms, his eyes scanned her closely and he took one hand and motioned for her to come to him and when she did he kissed her passionately and he brought her on top of him as he leaned in and whispered sweet nothing into her ear about how he was hers, only hers and would forever fight to hold her. He kissed her lips gently at first as he smiled and then he took her into his embrace and the night passed like a sweet dream.

:It was a good thing she was a lusty creature, lost in desire as he took her down, hands running over his body, clothes quickly removed so they could be closer, or she would have been horribly upset by the sweet words he said. The secret that they might not remain together was hers, and hers alone, guarded fiercely by the demon in her soul, set loose to wildly run with him, claws caressing him as she lowered down, nipping his body, rippling with pleasure as he took her, again and again until they fell asleep, the moon beginning to set.
This post contains extremely graphic and suggestive material! As always, for our more sensitive readers, a summary shall be provided in the next post.

Time had passed seamlessly as Amy traveled with Shadowfang. At times she even forgot why they were doing this, though the guilt always returned with the sweet love filled words he always gave to her. Waking up nestled next to him Amy rolled over, smiling happily as she looked down at his body. Both had continued to train, though Amy always pushed herself slightly harder, still wishing for the ability to overtake him, dominate him and return to her family in that way, able to stop and keep the black wolf with him instead of the painful courtship that promised loss. Bria (7:36:23 PM):Her hands danced over his muscular body, feeling his chest rise underneath. Slipping to straddle his thick body Amy lowered her head, the thin silk nightie she wore riding up on her legs. Hair brushed his face, a mischievous smile on her face. "Good morning."

" I knew that I would be killed in my sleep.....That explains the Angel straddling me right now" He smiled as his hand went up to rub her cheek and then both hands went to her hips and he held her tightly as he looked to her gown and it excited him, the idea of having her sitting on him with really nothing stopping them from making love again made him want her and from the look in her eyes she was thinking the same thing. He raised his hands and put them up against the wall he was near and he winked lightly."Shall I act as though I can't move? Your in charge, mistress. You did mistake me as a slave before remember?" He smiled as he looked up at her and then he growled letting her know that he wanted her.

His first words brought a childish giggle from Amy. She had changed with the time spent with him, her emotions coming out more and more easily. Her cheek was stroked, Amy nuzzling into it. The hands descended, keeping her from moving off him. It was exciting, enticing, telling her to continue. His words were almost mocking, knowing that she couldn't get off, yet telling her to do as she wished. His growl was met by an almost purring noise from her as she slid her hands over his chest, ducking down to kiss him slowly. "No movement? Wouldn't that be rather boring?"

"You could also lay down and I can tease you until you can't take it any more." He smiled as he looked up at her and when she leaned down he kissed back deeply and he moved his arms and wrapped them around her to make sure she couldn't get away. He loved her and over the time they had been together he noticed a change, a change that brought hope to him that she would remain his forever, until death claim them.

His other suggestion brought an even wider smile to her lips. Amy walked her hand down, lower and lower until slipping to touch his length. "You really think you could get me down? I thought I was in charge here." Teasingly she ran her hand around, stroking it as she looked up, pretending to be in great thought. "I don't know. I'm not sure I like either of those choices. No other ones available? Well I suppose we'll have to get up and get breakfast then."

" Breakfast can wait a few minutes!" He smiled wide as he leaned up fast and bit her neck as he gave a wanting growl and he made sure to get just to the breaking point of her skin before he flipped her over and in a flash she was lying on her back with her legs wrapped around him and he slowly leaned forward and kissed from her chest to her neck and then finally to her lips. " I can't let you get away love." He said as he whispered into her ear and then he licked the very spot he had bitten.

Amy grinned, shifting to feel him underneath her as he lunged up, softly biting and breaking the skin on her neck. Each time he did that it sent tingles through the scar from the first time they'd fought, dominated and captured by this powerful male that seemed so sure of himself, making her submit for the first time in her life to someone outside of her family. Bria (8:19:53 PM):A small yelp escaped her as she was flipped over. Her legs wrapped around him, ending up barely touching the floor, her athletic body pressed tightly to his. Smiling she slowly released her grip, moving away from his strong firm chest back down to the ground. Kisses teased her sensitive breasts, rising up over her neck where droplets of pool sat before finally kissing her lips. His words sent a shudder through her body, guilty again as she nuzzled in, working to let lust wash it away.

His teeth and tongue worked on her neck and chest as his hands massaged her body. He slowly started to kiss from her neck where he had bitten to her chest at it's center and then slowly, very slowly he kissed down her tone stomach going over the gown she wore until he had reached between her legs and he kissed her inner thigh, first the left and then the right. He looked up at her and smiled as he licks his lips giving her a clear picture of what he was about to do.

Shadowfang certainly knew how to make a woman's heart race. From the passionate inexperience of that first time he had quickly leaped to someone capable of pinning her heart, making her crave him with all her might. His hands ran over her form, complimenting her without a word, kissing her down to her chest. She clung tightly to him, nuzzle barying in before reaching down, taking her own bite out of him.

Hers was rougher, tearing through to the flesh beneath without forgiveness. She might act gentler, but the demon that she was still lived, fed by these small moments of darkness. Moaning as he kissed lower, descending down her body, Amy clenched her legs around him, urging him farther. Each thigh was kissed in turn. Leaning up she kissed his lips, licking around to taste him, memorize him, before laying back down, waiting for him to continue.

Shadow was bit and he saw again that demon within the woman he loved. He met that demon by kissing her passionately and then when she laid back down he kissed back to her thighs again. He looked up and looked deeply into her eyes. He saw the fire , the Passion, and he could even see love. Her love had been hard to get, it had taken so much time but it was worth it. He looked down and very gently he brought his tongue over those sensitive folds of flesh and then as he continued he started to lick deeper and deeper. He aimed for that one spot that always seemed to drive his angel to the edge and his hands were placed firmly on her thighs as he pushed her legs apart to get a better angle.

Shadowfang kissed her, calling the demon to him, letting love fill her. He was hers, and only hers, the world holding just the two of them. Amy moaned slightly as his tongue reached down, tantalizing her. It felt so good, his tongue pushing in deeper and deeper. Amy allowed her legs to open, letting him come closer, tongue licking in. He hit that sweet spot inside her, releasing a wild shriek. Sitting up she clawed into him, wishing that he'd hit it again.

hadow kept getting deeper and deeper and then he heard her shriek and he knew he must have done something right. He found that spot again and just focused on it now. He would continue to pleasure her until she could take no more, or until she attacked him and forced him to please her in other ways. He growled at her as he lightly scratched her thighs and he smiled.

He was torturing her. Shadowfang's tongue pushed on that sweet spot again and again, bringing cries from her as she pressed into him, wishing for more. Clawed hands dug into his back, unsure of how much she could take of this seemingly never ending flow of ecstacy. He pushed it one more time, and Amy just about lost her mind. Grabbing him she growled ferociously, forcing him up. Sharply she kissed him, biting his lips. "No more games." Amy reached her hand down, touching his erect length, claw tracing along it. "You know what I want. Now give it." Amy thrust her body forwards, demanding he took her right then.

Shadow smiled and growled back as she forced him up to her level. He felt her touch his length and he angled himself so he was lightly touching her. When she bucked up into him his member slid right in and he moaned lightly as his hands came to rest on either side of her body. As he held himself up he started to move his hips and slam down into her and he growled as the feeling was so great it caused him to close his eyes and he continued." I'll give you anything you ask for..." He leaned in and kissed her passionately as he kept his body moving filling them both with passions flame.

Shadowfang slid into her, Amy releasing a moan of pleasure under his touch. He pumped into her, Amy doing her best to keep beat, hands tangling into his hair, leaning in to kiss him. He was her best part, the only part of her that mattered, swallowing her whole and rocking her body.

Shadow kept pushing deeply into her hitting her in all the right places. He growled low as he leaned in and kissed her again. He held the kiss and then he pulled from it and bit her hard on the collar bone and then he whispered into her ear. So only her and no one else not even the gods with there limitless knowledge could hear as he said." I love you." He kept his head close to hers as he rested his chin on her shoulder and he kept up the momentum. He heard her cries and her growls and they only fueled his desire and his passion, along with his need to give her all the pleasure she could handle.

Her black wolf pulled out from the kiss. Sinking down Amy bit deep into his shoulder, tasting his blood, claiming him as hers as permanently as she could. Her own bone was nipped, bringing an affectionate nuzzle from her. The whisper didn't comfort her, move her world or bring her any more pleasure. It just added a tinge of guilt, leading her to arch her body to slam harder into his, trying to let the pleasure wash those secret words away, the words heard only by her, the knowledge held only by the two of them. What was she doing? It didn't matter as another wave of ecstacy broke over her, bringing a loud howl to tell the world of the joy she felt.

Shadow heard the howl and he closed his eyes tight and bared his teeth as he reached that end, the one moment were bliss and passion and lust beat out all other things and the world it self would melt away. He howled her name as he hit that climax and he pushed in as hard as possible one last time and his whole body and shook and pulsed from the feeling of it all. Like the times before they had locked after the final push and he took his arms and held her close to his body as the sweet rush of the moment moved throughout both of them. Breaths labored and body's sore, the whole world again was wipped away as he started into those beautiful eyes of hers and slowly he leaned in and kissed her lovingly.

Her name was called, the whole world wrapping around her as she buried her claws into Shadow's body, holding him close, everything faded away. Slowly, so slowly it began to drain away, leaving Amy to nestle tightly in his arms, happy and content. He held her close, protective and always so strong. Amy wished it could never end, brown eyes meeting his odd mismatched pair. He kissed her softly, so wonderfully and sweetly. Amy leaned in, feeling herself loosen, ready for another round.

At that moment though, another need reached her. Jolting up Amy twisted, scrambling away from Shadowfang. Turning her head she threw up on the ground. Her body heaved as another wave came up before she was finally able to back away, feeling better. Confused Amy stared at the vomit, trying to figure out what it was doing there. She wasn't sick, nothing had happened to trigger it. There was no reason for it. Except-

Shadow watched her move away quickly and he was about to ask what was wrong as he saw her throw up onto the floor. He looked to it and he thought the same as his love. she wasn't sick, she had no signs of any illness, there was nothing that would cause that, the only thing they had been doing is eating, traveling and.....Shadows eyes changed to show that he knew what it was and he slowly stood up and went to Amys side as he looked to her. " How long has it been since we first..." He stopped knowing that she would figure out where he was going with his question and by the looks in her eyes, she probably knew as soon as he did.

The dream was broken. She was pregnant, and the final countdown had started. Her face was blank, emotions hidden away as she sorted out how far along she would be. Pinning down an exact date was difficult, as they had been traveling like this for over three months, sleeping together as often as they could. She could be anywhere from a month along to a single week. No, less than a month for sure. There was no bump on her stomach, this sickness the first sign of what was there.

Turning Amy met Shadow's-no, the assassin's eyes. There could be no warmth between them, no care. How could she have forgotten that this was the end goal she'd been seeking, wishing for this pregnancy to end the uncertainty and return her to her family. This was what she wanted, nothing else. She didn't want Shadowfang. It had just been an act. "A week along, perhaps three."

Shadow looked to Amys stomach and then back into her eyes. He had seen the change, where there was love and a desire there was now nothing. His instincts demanded that he protect the pups that were now growing inside the woman he loved but there was another feeling. He felt a threat, like someone was going to take his family from him and as he stood there it seemed that the feeling was coming from the very woman of whom was going to have his pups. He slowly took his right hand and reached out to Amys stomach, he wanted to touch her, and get as close to the pups within her as he could. His finger nails lightly touched her stomach as he felt like he needed to growl bt he didn't understand why.

The look in his eyes told her that he knew the spell was broken. She had to return from the dream they'd been in where they could be together, return to the reality of what she was: a mark against her family working to earn her position again. She had been lazy during her time with Shadowfang, choosing to spend it with him instead of working to boost her reputation and power. His hand reached out, touching her stomach softly. Amy pulled away, feeling the need to protect her pups from what she now saw as a threat. "I can take care of them."

"So this was your plan? use me to bring you pups and then once you knew that you would have them then you would leave me...." Shadow pulled his hand away slowly as his face went blank as he looked her in the eyes. He looked away for a sec and then a growl came from him as he grew more angry by the second." The whole time....you never once felt anything for me? You're telling me the whole time you never felt love for me, you never wanted to keep me? Never wanted to stay with me?"He trailed off again as he walked to a wall and then he pushed it and it splintered and shattered as he bared his teeth lightly and the when he turned to look at her tears were in his eyes.

" This was the plan from the get go, your family wanted you to bare my children and you did it for a position in your family.....Your family....YOUR FAMILY DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOU!!! I do I love you and would stay with you forever and you would rather go back to a family, where if you died they would merely find someone to take your place....." Shadow walked to the room they had stored there things and he strapped on his sword and his cloak and he got everything he owned except for his family that he thought he would have and he walked right past her and he stooped while being in the door way. " I always loved you....thank you, for ripping out my heart." He walked out and as he moved he got faster and faster until he was running as fast as possible. His life had ended and what killed him most was he saw it coming and thought that he could change it.

Amy shook her head. That wasn't the plan at all. Getting pregnant was definitely in there, but if the pups were born healthy she was to take Shadowfang as her mate. If they were sick or stillborn though, she would have to leave him forever. The angry growl that came from him had Amy drawing back dropping into a defensive stance. Her instincts were strong on this one, telling her to defend her pups from anything that could harm them, even the one that she cared for. No, she couldn't think like that. She felt nothing for him. That was the truth. Nothing more.

She watched him blankly, no response to his words about emotions. It wasn't like she was capable of feeling anything beyond lust and anger, emotions she knew very well. The anger from him was something she understood, if not the reason behind it. The wall broke at his blow, and Amy stood there, fangs bared. The tears in her eyes were confusing though.

Her family didn't care about her black wolf at all. No, not her black wolf. He meant nothing to her. It seemed she would just have to keep telling herself that until it came true. The yelled words had her rising up in anger. "My family is everything. They give me everything." A purpose, somewhere to be safe, a place where she could be everything she was and it wasn't just accepted, but appreciated. All things that she had found with Shadowfang, a small part of her whispered. Shaking her head Amy pushed that away. "They can't replace me." Her words were quiet, less certain this time. She had earned her position. If she couldn't prove that she was good enough for it they just might do that.

She watched him leave, holding back tears with anger and hatred. It was all she had before he came, it would be enough once he left. The last words almost broke her guard as she came down to the ground, singing softly as she wrapped her arms around the precious gift her body now bore. It would be fine. This was what she had wanted. Right?
In the last post, after Amy and Shadow made love they discovered that she was pregnant. With that discovery Amy remembered why she was doing this, making Shadow mad as she grew more distant once more, leaving her to return to her family by herself without him.

Shadow ran like his life was on a timer and he had only minutes left. He pumped his legs and arms as fast as he could and when that wasn't fast enough he jumped and shifted in the air to his Secui form. Now like a black beast from hell he shot through the forest like a storm of rage and hate. He knew where he needed to go. He needed to go to the heart of the beast, the center of it all. The mannor of Amys family. He would go to them and demand her release to him. No matter how angry he was or how hard he wanted to hate her for her actions, he had seen love. it was all in bits and peices and she always tried to hide it but it had been there and he would now fight for it. Even if it cost him his life.

A month had passed since the discovery, a month of fighting raging hormones and watching herself grow rounder. It was terrifying, knowing how vulnerable she was in this state. The worst part was waking up, crying out for Shadowfang. It was a good thing that Amy had chosen to move into a very isolated place of the mansion during this time, or the fact that she had actually grown attached to him would be discovered. Knees pulled up Amy glanced out her window, staring blankly. It wouldn't be long now before they would come.

Shadow reached the gates to the front of the property and he took a breath as he steeled himself and his emotions faded. As of that moment the only one who wasn't his enemy was Amy. All other members of this family were his target but even though there was a need to take every life in the place he knew that it wouldn't help the situation. Shadow made it to the front doors and he knocked hard as he stood there, tall powerful and pissed. it had been so long from when he walked away from Amy. It might not have seemed like a good idea at the time, but he knew that in doing so he could think and plan. Shadow had his large sword on his back and with it a charm on it's hilt that Amy had given him while they were together. He looked over his shoulder to the simple charm and he was hit with a resolve that would not fail. He was not leaving without his Amy.

Jarrett heard the pounding. Angrily the short tempered dog came to the door. Glowering he opened it, finding a very tall black wolf standing out there. Jarrett was large, but not as large as this one. He stared for a minute before managing to take on a scowl. Grabbing his sword he snapped at the intruder. "Get out. You don't have permission to be here." He had no idea who this was, and didn't care.

Amy didn't even hear the pounding, simply staring out the window. She was working on keeping the anger that was building inside her from exploding. It seemed every little thing was getting on her nerves this morning, and she didn't know why.

" My name is Shadow I am here to speak with Amy's father.....I will not be leaving until I speak with him. You can tell him Shadowfang is here and wishes to have an audiance with him." Shadow stood there and didn't growl, he didn't even move he just stood there and looked forward not showing any fear or any emotion for that matter. Shadow would remain in this state as long as he wasn't attacked by the dog infront of him, if Shadow was attacked things would not go well.

Jarrett listened, bored as the wolf began to speak. As soon as Emeric was addressed as Amy's father though his ears perked up. "You're the one she left?" The fact that he had left him had been such an embarrassment to Amy that she had covered it up, feeling it was too painful to even think about him leaving her. It was shoved into a closet with the rest of her painful building emotions, a ticking bomb waiting to explode. "Why do you want to see Emeric?"

Jarrett refused to budge from where he was, waiting for answers from this interloper. He was quite angry, and rightly so to have someone breaking into their lands like this. Rightfully he should chop off this Shadow's head. He couldn't do that if the pups were born healthy though. That would make the male family, and Emeric was quite strict about how battles were conducted inside the family, making sure there were witnesses to show who achieved rank.

Shadow heard the question and again he wanted to growl but he held back. he looked to the man with eyes like ice and death and he spoke." I'm here for Amy." He then looked away and back past the boy and to the stare case on the other wall facing the front doors. Shadow was growing impatient by the second and he would rather have cut the man down. Shadow almost smiled as he felt that the man infront of him probably wanted to do the same to him.

A small chill ran through Jarrett as the eyes met him. A smile formed on his lips. Amy always had worked hard to bring home the best. It seemed she wasn't satisfied with being so close to the top, seeking out a mate that was sure to bring her up in rank as well. Stepping back he nodded his head. "Emeric's this way." Jarrett moved away, walking through to introduce the mate Amy had chosen. It was a good choice.

Shadow saw the smile and did not return it, he only followed the man to where the object of his anger would be released. He wanted and needed Amy and he needed to talk to her father. The father held the key to his happiness and to his very life. Shadow walked softly behind the man and said nothing, he looked only ahead and knew where his destination was.

Emeric was resting in the study, looking over the contract Amy had returned with to gain safety for the time of her pregnancy. Glancing up as Jarrett entered Emeric rose, recognizing the assassin that Amy brought home once before. "Why are you here?"

Shadow looked to him with confidence and with perpose. He nodded his head first and then he spoke lightly." I'm here for Amy, I wish to be with her. She has our children and I want to be there for her." His request was something that sounded like a simply soon to be fatherly request, but it was so much more. If he had to he would live with the very family he hated, if he could he would challange who he had too in order to get Amys freedom.

Emeric crossed his arms as the purpose was stated. "We don't know if you're worthy of being here yet. I haven't even decided if Amy has earned her place back or if it's just temporary while she carries the pups. You can wait until they're born."

" If it's a question of my skill then I will gladly fight aggainst anyone you point me at. I will prove myself how it is meant to be done, though combat." Shadow crossed his arms as he gave his answer to Amys father. Shadow had no intention of leaving Amy when he could be at her side. He stood there like a mountain and like one, he would not be moved without a fight.

):Emeric stared at him, surprised at this wolf's stubbornness. Tipping his head back he laughed. "It's not a matter of skill. It's a matter of your blood. Whether or not the pups you gave her are strong enough to be given the name Sunders. They're the ones the decision rests on." Emeric turned away, bored with the conversation, silently dismissing the black male.

" Then allow me to be at Amys side, If infact the pups are unworthy then I will vanish like a ghost and you will never see be again. However, if the pups are healthy and strong I want to be there like a father should." Shadow remained unmoving and his face and eyes mirrored his determination. Shadow hoped that his actions would win him the respect of the father and more than anything and return to his love and future family.

Was this male an idiot? He had been dismissed, yet still stood there, pleaing to be with Amy. The foolish female wasn't worth that much. She had disgraced the family. While she had returned, proving to be quite powerful and valuable, that mark was difficult to forgive. This stubborn male, standing here and asking for her, was a nuisance. He stood with his back from Shadow before swinging around, sword in hand. He was more skilled than Amy was, years and years of experience on him. The black wolf didn't even have a chance. "This is your last warning. Get out. I don't want you with her."

Shadow didn't move a muscle, he looked to the blade and then he looked to the eyes of the one holding it and he smiled. So shadow would get what he wanted, Since birth he had trained and when he eas young it was for survival but when he got older and met Amy and knew that it was her that he loved he trained not to be better than her, oh no, he trained to be able to take on any of the family and show that he wasn't going to back down. Shadow stepped back and walked into the main lobby of the mansion and then he stopped again and roared as he turned and pulled his sword from his back." I challange the leader for the right of Amys freedom from this hell hole! I challenge for Amy and I challenge because I just don't like you." Shadow held his sword out in much the same way the father had and he was ready. Shadow mastered the blade and hand to hand combat for this purpose alone. from this moment on it would be life or death.

Emeric smiled back, not knowing what was being thought. As far as he was concerned he was facing a young fool that had no idea what he was doing. He had four years on the wolf after all, and had studied with the masters. The black assassin walked away, and Emeric dropped his stance, the threat gone. Turning to resume his work Emeric froze with anger at the roar. He was being challenged? Nobody challenged him and got away with it! His own bellowing howl answered Shadow's sword drawn. "You'll fail like all the rest before you." Eyes seeing red Emeric waited for the attack.

Shadow knew that there was no room for error and that he would have to fight and mean it. If Amy talked about Shadows skill about how he was almost as good as her or that he matched her ability then Shadow had a secrect that the family didn't know. Shadow always held back, part of being an assassin was never letting the enemy know your true skill or strength. Shadow wasn't playing anymore this was it. " Then come at me....or do you fear that I am better than the other fools, you have fought." Shadow held the sword in an odd stance that had it pulled back behind him facing towards the ground. His father had been among one of the best swordmen and his father nailed that skill into his mind and body. Shadows eyes told of nothing but death. The only other time shadow had ever looked to anyone like this was when his father was alive and they were training. Shadows eyes had changed and his father now that he thought of it had taken a step back.

It seemed they were at a standstill. Well, there was a way to stop this. Emeric shot forwards faster than the eye could track, not even stirring the air. He was the head of the family for a reason, and being a slouch wasn't why. As old as he was Emeric was still powerful, and quickly slammed his sword into Shadow's arm, jamming the flesh and sword into the wall. Releasing it Emeric followed up with a good old fashioned punch to the face.

Shadow went back as the sword hit his arm and pushed him back against a wall. Shadow looked forward and saw the fist coming and he knew right away what he was up against. Shadow moved his head to the side as the fathers fist hit the wall and then he growled." That all you got!" He pushed out with his left hand moving the father back and then he used that hand and grabbed the sword that was in his arm and he held it as he cracked his nack and took a fighting stance." Your first mistake was thinking that you were so high above me in skill." He moved forward matching the speed he had seen and he slashed with both swords in an X formation and followed it up by spinning and keeping the blades out making sure the father couldn't move in close.

His fist was dodged, something Emeric had expected if the wolf had any skill at all. Emeric stepped back, waiting fo the next challenge. It was fine that the pup had tried to push him back, Emeric using the extra force to gain more room. The blades spun around tightly, bringing a smile to the old dog's face. He knew exactly how to break this. Drawing a dagger Emeric chucked it to hit in the center of the pattern, causing friction to slam the swords apart. During the small opening this made Emeric ducked through, fist slamming upwards to hit Shadow's muzzle.

Shadows swords opened and he was not surprised at the least. This was the leader of the clan and it all made since. Shadow saw the opening and then he saw the strike coming. He had little to do in means of fighting back so he did what he knew would be surprising to the man. He let go of his swords and dropped and he kicked out to trip him and then he followed it by grabbing one of the swords that were in the air and as he did that he saw the father do the same and there swords hit and pressed against one another. The idea of a battle like this caused him to smile, it was the smile of a demon.

The swords were released, giving Shadow time to respond to the attack. The black wolf dropped low to the ground, sending Emeric slightly overbalanced. He recovered swiftly, grabbing a sword out of the air and pushing back. The swords clashed together, two demons fighting over the one who was above them, unaware of them and working on destroying everything good inside her to let the demon eat the last part of her heart.

"I will not let you continue to turn Amy into a monster!" With those words his sword came out hand and fast and it was swung so hard that when the swords bet there were sparks. The powerful blow pushed him back and Shadow dove in stabbing forward and going for the man's chest followed be a spin and a swing for the man's neck. Shadows eyes were darker now and the growls and roars from there fight was starting to be heard all around and it was bringing attention as other members came and stood in silence around the battle ground.

Emeric raised his ears at the words. Amy wasn't a monster, she was what she was meant to be, cold enough to do her job without breaking apart. The swords met each other fiercely, slamming hard enough to make sparks. Emeric was sent back, holding as the sword was driven for his chest. He did his best battling back, refusing to give in. "Why do you care about her? This is her family. She belongs here." He dodged the last blow towards his neck, leaping forwards to stab Shadow, leg kicking out to disable the wolf at the same time.

"I love her!!!" Shadow kept swinging harder and faster, he kept pushing and pushing using every skill and every lesson his father had taught him as well as what he had taught himself. The pure Passion and love he had for Amy was felt in his every blow and the house echoed with the sound of steel meeting steel.

Love? Emeric ducked down, refusing to give up. He forced Shadow to the ground, standing above him. "Love will get you nothing." Hearing the clash of metal Amy had come down. Her eyes were cold and distant, detached from everything. Standing at the top of the stairs she looked down, seeing Shadowfangs' life being threatened. "Let him go!" Her voice held a small strain of emotion in it. "I can deal with this." Emeric looked up, shrugging and moved off. "If you can't get rid of him you're not part of this family anymore." Pale, Amy nodded agreement, moving down to where the black wolf stood. "Come."

"If you feel that way then obviously you know nothing about it. Love it what drives me and love is was gives me strength. Someone fighting with only codes and honor are strong but when someone fights for love they are much stronger!!" Shadow kicked for his feet and spun using the momentum of the kick and he pushed himself so his feet and slashed sideways hitting the leaders blade but due to the strength behind it, the sword went back to press against the man's chest and Shadows sword cut him deep. If not for the sword there to block it the man would have been cut in to. Shadow backed off and looked to him. Both them bled now, Shadow from his arm and Amys father from the gash across his chest. Shadow held the sword firm and his intention was clear. Either he would make the man stand down and give him Amy or one of them would die.

Emeric listened as the wolf continued to speak. He was surprised when Shadow managed to push him back, cutting into his chest. Amy stepped down, pushing them apart. "Shadowfang!" Emeric brushed his wound, glaring angrily at the assassin. He wanted him dead, horrible at respecting others. :Amy glared coldly. "You're making a scene. Leave." Amy turned, walking off into a seperate area, away from her family. Whatever came next would be just between them, no one watching.

Shadow looked coldly as Amys father and when Amy broke them up and walked away to speak with Shadow, he was feeling happy to see her but knew that the occasion wasn't going to be a happy one. Shadow sheathed his sword on his back and followed Amy into another room. The door was closed behind him and as he turned to look at Amy a whole new situation was about to start.

:Amy listened quietly as he followed after her. He certainly was stubborn. "Why are you here. I believe you didn't want anything to do with me. That's why you left, isn't it?"

"No that's not why I left. I left because I needed to think clearly. I needed to figure out what I wanted. What I want is you. I'll fight and die for you and I will not wait to the side. I will not let you be without me. I told you I loved you. That still is true now." Shadow looked her in the eyes and he stood tall and he spoke what his whole body was telling him he felt.

Amy turned around, trembling with rage. "That's it? You'll fight for me, and you left me?" All the emotions that had been building inside her were unleashed as she looked at the one she had let herself get close to, the one that she shouldn't have ever been near. It was weak, and now she had the chance to destroy the weakness. Drawing a throwing knife Amy snapped. Screaming her anger Amy threw as many as he could at them. "Liar! You left as soon as you found out! Get out get out out!"

Shadow saw the blades coming and he didn't move, a total of 6 throwing knives had hit home and were littered over his body, there was one in his right arm, one his his left leg, two in his stomach and two in his chest. He looked down at the knives gutting out of him and then slowly he looked up as the smell of blood quickly killed the room. " I came here, you fight for your freedom, I came here to fight and get you back and take home, with me. He slightly wavered to the right and he caught himself as he closed his eyes for a second and he fought to stay on his feet as he looked to her." I love you..." His eyes started to lighten as he fell to one knee and his right hand shot out and slammed into the ground as he held his body up. He had come here to claim his love only to have her kill him. His body was broken, more than the wounds it was the idea of his love attacking him that hurt him. He looked to the ground and smiled as he thought about the irony of it all.

He didn't even try to dodge. The knives struck him, and Amy stared, wondering at what had happened. He was so powerful. He couldn't die. It was impossible. He was pulling her leg. Even then, he spoke about loving her, as he started to sink down. Amy rushed over, pulling the knives back out. "Are you stupid? You could have dodged those!" Desperately Amy glanced around, finding something to stem the bleeding with. "No one here will help you."

Shadow smiled as she rushed to him and held him while she removed the knives from his body. He chuckled lightly as a little bit of blood left his mouth. " I told you...I would die for you...That's how much I love you." Shadow looked to the ground as he spoke his voice getting weaker but still held the same passion and power from before. "I want to raise our family. I want to have you in my arms and I want to be able to see you smile. When I left you I wasn't leaving you, I was heading here to confront your father." He took a deep breath and slowly he looked up into Amys eyes and then without warning he kissed her on the lips as he closed his eyes and one hand went to her cheek and like he had always done, he moved some of her hair and rubbed his thumb over her cheek gently.

He wouldn't shut up! He was dying, bleeding all over the place, and was still talking. "You shut up or you won't be around when they come. There won't be a father for the family you want to raise." She tightened the makeshift bandaging around his body, making sure the bleeding was stopped now. Tears streamed down her face as he kissed her, able to taste the blood on his lips. His eyes closed. "No...don't go...I...I love you..."

By the gods. Shadow had lived through hell and heaven to hear those secret words that had just come from Amy. His eyes opened as he pulled away and then he smiled as he looked to her." I have been waiting forever, to hear those words come from your lips." Shadow growled as he forced his legs to pick him up. He looked to the door as he pulled his sword from it's sheath and he found that Amy was under one arm helping him move." They will all be waiting out that door...." He didn't say anything more. If Amy truly knew him and what he was about then by picking himself up, that alone should have been the answer. Shadow had no intention to die right now, not now that he knew that words of love could from from his angel. He knew that she might get mad about him taking the knives to prove a point but if she brought it up he would just say that she could kick his ass later, after they were safe.

His eyes reopened, pulling away from her. He seemed stronger somehow now. Amy was confused for a moment as he forced himself to stand up, clearly in pain from the wounds. He was alright? Not dying? HE HAD DONE THAT JUST TO GET HER TO SAY THAT? Amy was furious. Helping him stand and move, but absolutely furious. "How could you do that?" She understood exactly what he meant, and turned, looking away. "We can get out through here." Amy lead him over to a bookcase, pushing it to reveal a passageway out of the house, a hole in the wall that had never been repaired. Stepping out she helped him leave the mansion, knowing it wouldn't be long before her family was after them, prepared to chase away the interlopers. It appeared she wasn't a Sunders anymore.

Shadow moved as fast as he could while being helped by Amy. He looked forward and one eye was closed as he was wincing at the pain that he was feeling throughout his body. He coughed and some more blood came and he spoke as he had a smirk on his muzzle. " Your probably mad at the fact that I took all those knives to my body. You can kick my ass later once we are far from here. By the way I am still dieing...just hearing those words gave me the strength to go on. But yeah....lots of blood loss.." He looked to his bandages and cringed lightly as he saw a light up ahead." We must be close."

He was still dying? This was horrible. Furiously Amy thought. There was a medic that owed her a favor that she could take him to. Close by as well. Outside the grounds Amy grabbed a horse from someone who had been coming to the mansion, slitting his throat. She pushed Shadow up and climbed after him.

Kicking the horse Amy sent them thundering down the path, moving towards the medic. "Die on me and I swear you won't know any peace. I'll make sure those I send after you curse your name." The small wooden shanty in the woods was growing close now, all kinds of herbs up there. Hopefully she could save her black wolf.

" You say the sweetest things..." He chuckled and coughed again still more blood coming. He knew he needed to stop talking but all in all, with knowing that she loved him and that she actually said it he was damn happy. He was in heaven now but he needed to be careful less he actually die and go there. Shadows arms wrapped around Amys body as she brought the horse to sprint as fast as it could. shorty they arrived at some mans house and when it came to Shadow getting off the horse he fell off to weak to hold himself up anymore and he knocked out not knowing that he was being lifted and taken into the medics building.

She had fallen in love with a fool. It was insulting, and demeaning, and she couldn't help herself. She watched Shadow get off, only to collapse. She sprang down, managing to catch him. He was much heavier than her, larger and with more muscle. It was only with the medic's help that she got him inside. Laid out on a table she sat nearby. "Can you fix him?" The medic looked up sharply. "I don't know yet. It'll be some hours before we know." Amy nodded her head, settling in for the hours of wait before she would find out if her love would survive.
Shadow was out cold and while he was he kept seeing a white light in front of him while he was feeling cold. He would head towards it but then he would be hit my a feeling that he was getting farther away from Amy. Unknown to him shadow was fighting death and what Amy and the medics would be seeing would be a wolf fighting to stay alive. Shadow would talk while he was out saying that he loved Amy and that he would not die, that he needed to be with her. Hours and hours passed and slowly Shadow recovered and his eyes slowly started to open and when he saw Amy there he remembered the one time he woke up to having her on his lap and he smiled weakly. "There's that angel again. I must have died." Amy is gonna be pissed.

The medic finally managed to pull Shadow through. Amy had been breathless with anxiety, refusing to leave his side as the hours passed. When he finally fell into a healing sleep she had breathed a sigh of relief. His eyes opened, Amy staring lovingly at those mismatched eyes of his. The words that he spoke snapped off that though, returning to her anger. "You moron! You almost died! I'm going to kill you!" Amy stood up, dagger in hand as she charged towards him, barely restrained by the medic. "We just saved him, don't risk his life again!"

Shadow smiled and chuckled lightly as he looked to the side lightly and spoke as best he could." let her go...." He looked to the guy and nodded and when Amy got closer he spoke as he smiled that simple yet loving smile he had always given her while they were together. She started to threaten him and she even brought her dagger to his neck and he kept looking deep into her eyes and he cut her off with surprising words." Amy, kill me later....just kiss me." He didn't move his arms or his hands because he couldn't, all he could do was smile at her and hope she listened to him. He needed to feel that kiss, know what it was like to kiss her after he knew that he would live, at least until he was good enough to fight again and then she would want to kick his ass to near death again. All that aside he needed her and it showed on his lips and in his eyes and soul.

The medic reluctantly released Amy, her staring daggers at him. Released she continued rampaging over at him. "You think you're invincible? How about I prove to you exactly how much pain you can feel?" Her blade was to his throat, leaning over him. "It's not funny, I'm not your angel, and when I'm through-"

The words Shadow cut her off with was surprising. She stared at him for a moment before leaning down, kissing him passionately. Everything she had been holding back was there in that rough kiss, drawing blood from his lips before pulling back. "Satisfied?" Grumpily Amy turned around, refusing to acknowledge the fool.

He kissed her back as best he could and at the blood on his lips he lightly licked them to get it off and when she said if he was satisfied he said and did nothing, her answer of how she felt was in that kiss and he needed no more than that. He looked to the medic and nodded lightly as he spoke." Thanks for patching me up, I owe you" He looked to Amy as she left and then looked back to the medic." I owe you for keeping me with her, you could never know how happy I am. She's...She's my love..." His eyes started to get heavy and he smiled at Amy and reluctantly he fell asleep and would be out for a long time, but the danger to his life was over, he would recover and regain his strength, the only thing He and Amy would have to worry about now, was her family.

Amy stormed out of the room, arms wrapped around her belly. It was large, only a couple more weeks left until they would be born. Sighing she sat down, trying not to worry. The pressure about the pups being healthy or not was still there, even if she was no longer a Sunders, with the duty of killing the weak. Bria The medic shook his head, looking at him. "I didn't keep her with you. She refused to leave." He chuckled softly at Shadow's words. The pair was certainly deep in love. He left to let the pair sleep, both exhausted by what they had been through. They would need it, as they would have a long journey ahead of them if they wanted to remain together. Fate was cruel, and it looked like this time was no different.
This is a birth.

The couple had traveled far, working to escape the grasp of her family. Connections were everywhere, with the connections Amy had used spent to help them outrun the long arm of the Sunders. Favors Amy would never have guessed at using were spent until they gained passage on a ship. She didn't take well to it, spending the majority in their room feeling ill.

It was on one of those days that a slight ripple ran through her body. Amy ignored it, figuring it was just her being nauseous, when another one hit. Amy did her best to ignore the pain, coming in steady waves. Eventually it built to a point where Amy let out a gasp, recognizing what it was. Giving birth on a boat had never exactly been in her plans, but falling in love hadn't either, and certainly not with Shadow. Gripping the bed Amy sat up, looking around. He wasn't in the room with her. Why not? No, it was a good thing. She didn't want him there. Silently Amy labored until the first large contraction hit her, Amy releasing a howl of pain as it ripped through.

The moment the howl ripped from Amy the door to her cabin burst open and Shadow rushed in and went to Amy's side as he took her hand. A midwife that was aboard thanks to the help of Shadow came in shortly after he had gotten then and Shadow took one of Amy's hands and help it tight." Don't worry love, I'm here and she will help." He motioned to the wolf that was prepping in front of where Amy laid. He leaned in and kissed her head gently as he smiled and spoke words of encouragement and support. " Everything is going to be fine....your going to have beautiful pups and you are going to make a fantastic mother." He looked to the wolf in front of Amy and nodded to her, He hoped everything would be okay. He prayed everything would be okay.

Shadow came in, and a stranger was there as well. What he was doing bringing this canine here while she was in such a vulnerable position was beyond her. Her hand was gripped, Amy glaring the best she could at the stranger. "Help? Who is she?" Her body continued laboring, pushing to bring pups out.

He looked to the wolf that was there and knew what Amy was thinking so he motioned for the woman to leave and he took the woman's spot in front of Amy. He looked and then he reached for Amy's hand and he told her." Push love! push!" He watched closely and was ready to get the pups the moment they were out and once they were he would bring them to there mother because he knew that instinct would have her attack and try and kill anyone even him if he came in between her and her pups.

Amy's claws dug into his hand, working to make sure he felt the same pain she did. She was not happy, and wasn't above letting the world know. The last one was especially painful, but her efforts were rewarded as a black pup slid out. Her ears were floppy, eyes still tightly closed. Tiny gold flecks ran around her face in almost a mask, the rest of her fur so black it was almost blue as the light struck it. Amy leaned forward, wishing that the pup was with her right that instant, instead of having to wait for her to be passed up.

He looked to the pup and he took it and held it close and made sure to keep it warm as he looked again and once more he yelled" push love! there is another! it's almost out!" He held his hands ready to help in any way he could as he smiled and even though at that moment Amy would want to kill him due to the pain he still looked to her with love and he saw already that the first pup was a healthy one and already it tried to move but didn't know how.

Why did he take her? Shadowfang was holding onto Amy's pup, refusing to pass her over so Amy could see her. Angrily she reached for the pup, only to have another wave hit her, stopping her from moving. Howling with anger she pushed, another pup sliding out. A blond male slid out, ears standing up. A brown stripe ran down his back. Amy was fast enough to grab him before Shadow did this time, holding him close and licking him all over. He was hers.

Shadow handed Amy the black pup and went quickly back down to get the last. He readied himself and he yelled up at Amy as he looked to her and the pups in her arms." Just one more! One more push and your done!" He hoped that Amy didn't hurt the pups she had due to the pain she was about to feel again since she dug her nails into his hand when he held it.

Her daughter was handed up to her, and Amy nestled down. She licked it happily, glad that it was alive and well, squalls rising from it. Nothing mattered in that moment but the lives in her hands. She pushed again, and this time a splotched pup slid out, black and brown and cream in color. One ear was bent while the other stood up, a floppy mismatch. Crooning softly she reached for the last one, eager to meet it.

Shadow gently handed the last pup to her and then he stood and looked to them all. He smiled big and his heart was singing as he stood there proud as an Alpha in a pack of warriors. He looked to Amy and smiled as his eyes started to get a little teary and he remained where he was. He didn't want Amy to snap at him but he had a powerful urge to get close to his family and have the pups take in not only their mothers scent but his as well.

The pups were there, alive and well and strong. If they had just waited a little longer they would have been Sunders, instead of nameless as they were. Gently she touched each of them, taking in their scent. Hungrily they squirmed around, locking on and beginning to drink. They would probably fall asleep pretty quickly. Arms wrapped around them Amy crooned softly, singing to them. Lightly Amy touched the dark pup. "Velia. The hidden one. She'll grow strong, hard to find, always escaping the grasp of her foes." Moving over Amy touched the single male of the litter, eyes bright with pride. "Tarak. The protector. He will be strong." Her eyes settled on the last pup to arrive, the one that had to fight the hardest, a perfect mix of them both. "Elaina. The light. A guide to those who see her."

Shadow slowly walked over and stood next to his love as he looked down to his children, all the names given were fine names and he was happy that these pups would remain theirs and not be given out to another family. This was Amy's and Shadows family and they would be raised and cared for as they saw fit not some family of killers and assassins. Shadow took his hand and gently touched Amys hair and he looked to her as he smiled bright. " Our new family" He looked to the pups and then he kneeled down so he could be on the same level as Amy and he took her free hand and kissed it gently." I love you Amy."

It was their family, but Amy felt incomplete somehow. There was no tying name to bind them all together. Each had only a single name, Amy, and Shadowfang, and now their pups. They weren't Sunders, they weren't anything. Her hair was stroked, a big mess from the labor. Glancing over to Shadow she growled good naturedly. "Even when I'm such a mess?" Leaning over Amy kissed his head softly. "We'll need a new room. One that doesn't smell like blood. And..." She hesitated, not sure what he would think of her ridiculous idea of needing to share a name together.

"You look beautiful even when your a mess." He rubbed a thumb over her cheek lightly and then he heard her words and when she stopped he tilted his head and smiled." And what? tell me..." He said as he moved her hair and he leaned in and placed a gentle kiss upon her lips. He smiled as he waited to see what it was that was on her mind.

Amy smirked, turning her head away. He always said that kind of thing. Even if it was true, part of her was still cold, wanting to stay apart from everything. Of course, he would have to break that part of her with a kiss to her lips, gentle and sweet. The pups fell asleep, leaving the two parents alone. "A name. A name for our family."

" There is a name I know of. My mother, she had it as he family name and it Died with her but I could always remember it. It works with any name there is and it's simple and yet beautiful, Alone it isn't much but when tied together it is perfect. Velia Rune, Tarak Rune and Elaina Rune." He looked to each pup as he said that and then he looked into the eyes of Amy and smiled wondering if she would like it or not. The name belonged to his mother and if it was used then it wouldn't have died so long ago.

Amy listened. His mother's name. She supposed his father didn't have a last name, just like his son. When he spoke though, Amy didn't hear the beautiful name that he said. Instead, she heard Ruin. It fit them perfectly in her mind. It fit all of them. Something to avoid, to fear, something made from the ruins of the past. Smiling she looked up at him. "It's perfect."