[J] First Contact
OOC - Desired Tier: Courtiers or Cavalry?

Calvary.

Canine NPC: Do you have a canine npc with your character?

Nope.

Non-Canine NPC: Does your character have a pet or a mount?

Nope.

Kace was tired. It had been a while since she traveled so much, the last time perhaps being when she and Jeera changed homes. Her long pink tongue lolled out of her maw, her tail had perched itself between her hind legs and her ears lay back. At the beginning of the little wolf's journey, she bounded happily in circles around her partner Skoll; gunning questions at him, tripping over both her words and the grass. But, as the hours had passed, she grew tired and weary, her thoughts drifting to second guesses of leaving the familiarity of Jeera behind.

Skoll...what if they don't like me? What if they think I'm too little, or my fur will be too much trouble when we hunt? What if they think I smell too much like a cat? Though she spoke, her words were soft as her yellow eyes peered at the yellow wolf. Her pace was slow and she sighed, the warm sun heating the white fur as best as it could. Kace yet out a yawn and paused her walking, resting on her rump to relieve an itch behind her right ear. Skoll's pace halted, presumably at the start of the territory, and he sat. Kace trotted up to him, managing a weak smile.

Just don't expect me to howl. I sound like a dying chipmunk.
[html]
SKOLL HASKEL
à cœur vaillant rien d'impossible

Word Count → 366 · Gave Emily permission to pp Skoll. Smile So yay, bringing in a new memberrrr!

The golden boy was built for endurance, for trotting long hours nonstop and never seeming to tire. It was clear that his little traveling companion was not, however, at least not at her young age. He was unused to having to make concessions for someone when it came to running, as he and his siblings had never traveled far together, and the adults could keep his steady pace. He managed to stop when she grew especially tired, sometimes offering to pick her up although he wanted her to be able to make this important journey for herself. At least, he would want to in her place.

Her gold eyes flicked to him with concern as she asked more questions, and he gave her a reassuring grin. “They gotta like you!” the prince proclaimed. “And no one stays little forever. Mom said I used to be little.” He snorted as if to show how silly the thought of him being tiny and defenseless was, but it was very true even if it was beyond his memory. “Your fur is good in snow, which is white and covers all the land in winter. But Caspa has whitish-kinda fur too, like a ghost, and she’s my good friend and in the Council. ’sides, there’ll be other stuff you can do other ’n hunting.”

Her last question was a truer concern, but he shrugged. “I’ll tell them everything about that,” Skoll murmured. He was distracted until they finally reached the border of the Kingdom, at which point he sat and glanced cheekily at her until she made her last remark.

The boy’s howl left something to be desired—but what it lacked in the powerful, soulful tones of a pure adult wolf, it made up for in boisterous volume and the quality of “come here now!” that was sure to get the attention of someone important.

“And now we wait,” Skoll stated, and flopped down on his belly, inviting the girl to settle down too with a flick of his tail. He knew he could run straight into the territory if he wanted to, but he didn’t want Kace to be left alone, and he wanted to make this official.

table by raze; template from the mentors

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.knightskol-box {float:right; padding:5px;}
.knightskol {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/KtNrN.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top left; padding:90px 0px 0px 0px;}
.knightskol .name {font-size:50px; font-family: 'Glass Antiqua'; text-align:left; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 80px;}
.knightskol .words {font-size:30px; font-family: 'Glass Antiqua'; text-align:left; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:10px 150px;}
.knightskol p.ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-indent:50px; padding:20px 5px 0px;}
.knightskol p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.knightskol .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.knightskol p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 50px;}
.knightskol b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]
Vigilante Haskel
just like a crow chasing the butterfly, dandelions lost in the summer sky

Word Count → 202 • Oooh, new member! Big Grin

Plans were being made for the building of the amphitheater, and Vigilante had found himself thinking about the upcoming construction very frequently. It was something worth thinking about and the time he spent patrolling his pack lands, he also spent thinking. The project was going to be good for the pack, he knew. It would give the entire pack something to do together, something to boost the idea of unity. Vigilante was looking forward to seeing the Miracles canines all working together.

Dark ears twitched in response to the young howl that he recognize as his son's. The dog King trotted with interest to find the sunshine boy, now almost a man himself with his newly found ability to shift, as he could only imagine what it was that Skoll was calling about. It was not something that usually happened, at any rate, and he hoped that there was not something wrong.

Soon though, jade eyes rested on not only the blonde form of his son, but also a smaller, white pup. His secui form was simply massive compared to the sizes of the two young canines. "Hello, Skoll. Who is your friend?" the King asked, giving the female pup a smile.

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.vigilald-box {float:right; padding:5px;}
.vigilald {font-family:trebuchet ms, serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; margin:0px 10px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/GijAl.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top left; padding:90px 0px 0px 0px;}
.vigilald .name {font-size:50px; font-family: 'Almendra SC'; text-align:left; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 80px;}
.vigilald .words {font-size:30px; font-family: 'Almendra SC'; text-align:right; padding:10px 150px;}
.vigilald p.ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-indent:50px; padding:10px 5px 0px;}
.vigilald p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vigilald .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vigilald p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 50px;}
.vigilald b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; letter-spacing:-.05em; font-size:12px;}
</style>

[/html]
The smallest wolf out of the three tried her hardest not to stare up at the new wolf. Her eyes grew wide, her body instinctively shrinking beside Skoll. Half exposed and half hidden behind is left front leg, Kace nuzzled his golden fur, unsure of whether or not she should speak. Should her voice fail her it would mean embarrassment, so the white pup opted to remain quiet, a meek smile now accompanying her wide golden eyes. Her bushy tail poked to the left of her, unable to control its nervous twitching.
[html]
SKOLL HASKEL

Word Count → 306 · Father-son matching tables ftw! xD

It did not take very long for his call to be answered, and the prince had to fight hard not to spring at his creamy-furred father in greeting. His tail certainly began to thump on the ground, not as curled as his father’s malamute tail but doing its best to mimic it as it wiggled behind him. So much had happened in the last few hours since he’d come over the hills, and it was the sight of his parent that reminded him he was still just a puppy; likely the moment this was taken care of he’d pass out in his room.

The white puppy pressed closer to him, submissive and perhaps frightened of the dog’s massive secui form, one that greatly outweighed even the halfling shape Skoll had come to her in. He lifted the leg she was hidden behind and grinned at her. “This is my daddy,” he assured her, giving her a little nudge with his nose. “I mean, uh, King Vigilante Haskel.” Formalities were best at this moment, he supposed.

Hoping at his obvious ease around the alpha would translate to the younger child, he spoke. “This is Kace Grey. She was all alone—well, not all all alone, but she has no pack or family anymore ’cause hers were…” He trailed off at that point, knowing that to speak of her parents’ deaths would make him too upset to really go on and would probably destroy her. “But she’s… She’s got a big cat friend, Jeera, who isn’t bad even if she’s like a bobcat, and Jeera said Kace needed a pack, and so—” His rambling ended promptly as he lifted his head and puffed his chest out.

“So I brought Kace to join Cour des Miracles!” Skoll Haskel concluded, nervous suddenly about this decision, his proud posture collapsing.

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.knightskol {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/KtNrN.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top left; padding:90px 0px 0px 0px;}
.knightskol .name {font-size:50px; font-family: 'Glass Antiqua'; text-align:left; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 80px;}
.knightskol .words {font-size:30px; font-family: 'Glass Antiqua'; text-align:left; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:10px 150px;}
.knightskol p.ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-indent:50px; padding:20px 5px 0px;}
.knightskol b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]
Vigilante Haskel
just like a crow chasing the butterfly, dandelions lost in the summer sky

Word Count → 207 • c:

He knew that he had an intimidating appearance, perhaps even more so to younger canines. His size was more than that of most wolves and he carried it well in his halfling form, muscular form enhanced with the preferred shape. For the sake of the young girl, Vigilante lowered his body to the ground, holding his body in a more friendly, rather than Kingly, position. She already seemed frightened enough, so it would be beneficial to prevent her from becoming further so.

Vigilante listened to Skoll's explanation, his mind automatically filling in the gap where Skoll paused when mentioning her parents. She was not the first pup to come to their borders without parents, and just as he did with the rest of them, he hoped she would be the last. It was sad to imagine that so many were left without parents. Jade eyes studied the small girl for a moment before he turned to Skoll, nodding decisively.

"How about we bring her home and show her where we live; she can meet your mother and the others," Hati, Charlotte, and Euphemia, "and we can show her where she can stay? That is, if you don't mind her staying with us," he joked with his son.

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.vigilald-box {float:right; padding:5px;}
.vigilald {font-family:trebuchet ms, serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; margin:0px 10px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/GijAl.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top left; padding:90px 0px 0px 0px;}
.vigilald .name {font-size:50px; font-family: 'Almendra SC'; text-align:left; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 80px;}
.vigilald .words {font-size:30px; font-family: 'Almendra SC'; text-align:right; padding:10px 150px;}
.vigilald p.ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-indent:50px; padding:10px 5px 0px;}
.vigilald p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vigilald .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vigilald p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 50px;}
.vigilald b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; letter-spacing:-.05em; font-size:12px;}
</style>

[/html]
As the royal wolf lowered his body Kace felt less threatened, and she managed a genuine but small smile. Her body seemed to relax, her muscles losing ther tension. The King spoke and the little white pup fought the urge to bat his nose playfully, as she had done with her own father. But, instead, she spoke, and her words fell out of her mouth in the fashion that water bubbles over rocks.

Mr. ...uh...KING...Vigilante...Skoll's already said I can stay! He told me I'd taste really bad so he doesn't want to eat me! 'Sides, Skoll! You promised you'd show me deer, and I'd show you fish! So I gotta stay, right? The shyness and timidity of her tone seemed to float away as Kace's tail lifted again, as if letting itself be carried on the gentle breeze that rustled her snowy fur. Oh! And if I smell too much like Jeera, I like to play in the water, so I'll smell like a wolf again soon! And then me and Skoll can learn to read and write and when I can shift he'll teach me about horses!

Now Kace trembled with excitment. She had lowered the front half of her body, eyes fixed on Skoll, the either fortunate, or unfortunate, new title holder of Kace's New Playmate. The pup let out an excited yip, which was followed by a tackle to Skoll's leg. Can we go now? Please Skoll? She raised her body up to him, paws resting on his left shoulder. Her smile that now spread wide was accompanied by the eager jittering of her hind paws.
[html]
SKOLL HASKEL

Word Count → 305

His father’s green eyes looked the two children over and then, after what seemed like an eternity, Vigilante nodded. His boldness would not be punished, and the King went as far as to suggest bringing her home—home meaning the Victorian-styled house they all lived in rather than the “home” that was Cour des Miracles itself. This invitation was a great one, and Skoll beamed, smiling even harder when the dog leader teased him.

“It’s good,” he promised, wagging his tail. It would take some getting used to with yet another puppy in the house, but he and Euphemia were never around each other and he liked Kace already.

But then the girl piped up, and the boy whirled around to stare at her. “I—” he near yelped, wanting to dispel the notion that he had any authority as to who stayed in the Court, but she was going on and on about all the things he’d talked about her with.

Sheepishly and helplessly, Skoll looked to his father—and barked in surprise when she crashed into his leg. He lifted the limb, but she was already propped on his shoulder, and her excitement was too funny and heartening to not be contagious. He laughed and pushed himself up onto all fours, aiming to give her ear a little playful tug.

“Okay, okay,” he said reluctantly, although his growing body was beginning to wiggle with excitement too. He grinned crookedly at his father and bounced over the invisible scent border, watching the white cub before continuing to scamper in the direction of their home. He did pause to blurt a genuinely grateful, “Thanks, Daddy!” at Vigilante before he got much farther, however. It meant a lot to him that the King would let this girl into their pack and be part of their family.

<style>
</style>

[/html]

Welcome to Cour des Miracles!

We are a pack of the strangest people united under a king. Explore our website for information on the pack and the rank system, so that you are better familiar with it. Now that you've join CDM, you are free to post in the pack's territory. Make sure that you post, in character, within five days!

Please visit our information portal thread to add your character to our member directory.

Need help getting started?

Check out the open threads list to see if there is anyone who would like someone to join them. You may also start your own open thread, welcome to anyone in the pack. If that isn't your cup of tea, start a thread request or check out their posts to plot with other members!

Still unsure of what to do with those threads? Check out our co-rank list to see if your character qualifies for any of the odd jobs we offer. If not, then we recommend you visit some sites for idea such as TV Tropes, among other websites. If you find yourself wanting to improve on your writing, or are still having trouble finding good things to write about, or trouble with character development, feel free to visit the mentor's forum for assistance.