[RO] When You Love Somebody
OOC: I'm pretty sure I kept the end clean >.>

IC; Fatin wasn’t really sure what took her so long to get to this point. She was going to admit to her guard, Asad, that she loved him, and hope that he would actually reply in turn. She knew that he did from the way he acted and his gestures toward her. But her strong and silent man had never said those three magic little words. What was stopping him from say it? Probably her.

She had been wrestling with her growing feelings for her guard. They had started off as gratitude for not only protecting her but also as a warm body in her bed. At first that was all she cared about, his physical attributes. He was extremely handsome, in a rugged way, and very strong. But he had slowly showed her in their quiet times together how intelligent and sweet he was. Granted, he would still rip off the arms of anyone that hurt her or if she gave the order to do. He also was still quiet, even with her.

Fatin also had slept around a lot and she knew that Asad didn’t want to say anything about his feelings for her or his views on her activities. Mostly he didn’t do anything because he was afraid to lose her by pushing her away from him. That did not keep him from hurting every time she spent time with another man. But those were his reasons for not telling her how he felt. But hers were more she didn’t want to be held down by attaching herself to one person for the rest of her life. Though that was more true in Istanbul than here in ‘Souls. Now she gladly spent most of her time with him. So here insecurities were gone, all but the one where she wondered if he loved her like she loved him. But there was only one way for her to find out.

She had been walking around outside their den, having told Asad that she needed some time and space to think. He agreed and told her that he would stay inside if she needed him. She did now and quietly said a prayer to the gods and goddesses for strength. She then took a calming breath and entered the cozy den that Asad had dug for them. Bastet blinded up her mistress and wandered outside to leave the two of them alone. She would stay nearby for her safety so Fatin wasn’t worried. Asad looked at her expectantly and patiently waited for to speak.

She gave him a small smile and started, ”Asad, I’ve come to the realization about something having to do with the two of us. Although it is usually the man who does this, I know you’ve been patiently waiting for me to come to my senses. I’ve realized that I love you and want to be with you forever, and beyond if at all possible.” She took a calming breath but didn’t give him any time to respond. ”Of course, if you don’t want me because it took me so long to realize that you’re the only one I want and the one that I need, then I tot—“ She was interrupted by Asad kissing her passionately on the lips (she never realized that he had gotten up) and his gentle whisper against her lips of ”I love you, too.” She beamed at him and led him to their pile of furs and they spent the night whispering love and showing it to each other.