A Taste of Insanity
[html]

Cerberus was in a white room, staring at white walls, and standing on a white floor. The air was still; the kind of still that makes one want to scream just to shatter the silence. But everything was clean, including his own body. His wounds were gone, his ear was unharmed, and he felt stronger, like he was being supported by some invisible force. He felt content, too, like there was absolutely no reason for him to worry or fear. He was in an ethereal, alternate universe it seemed, and he was loving it.

The coywolf's peripherals were suddenly disturbed by the movement of something obscure, and he turned his head at a sluggish pace toward what appeared to be a furless luperci. It had no ears, no tail, and its snout was incredibly short. So short, in fact, that it hardly seemed to have one at all. It was standing upright before him, and it smelled and looked as though it could be female. Or at least, that's what Cerberus assumed it to be, judging by the way its rounded chest and pelvis looked while tied up by white ribbons in an odd sort of ill-covering outfit. The hair on its head fell around its milk-white shoulders in long, dark tendrils, and it hands and feet sported appendages much too short and numerous to be paw pads. It began to walk toward him then, and Ceri tilted his head to one side as it stretched a slender hand toward him and knelt down. Glittering eyes the color of ocean water met his own mismatched orbs, and his tail unexpectedly lifted in a fervent wag. The heart that he had not known had been pounding in his chest was now standing still, and he felt as though his body were tingling. A small smile spread across the female's lips, and her hand connected with Ceri's head and proceeded to stroke it. His tongue lolled out the side of his mouth as he broke into a canine pant, and he wondered if perhaps he might be in heaven. And then, suddenly, it clicked: she was a human.

Ceri's father had often told him stories about the humans that used to dot the land like blades of grass in a field, and how they'd all been wiped out many years ago. But he thought that those stories were all fake, and that the pictures he'd seen in books and on odd trinkets that he'd found while exploring the woods as a child were all fake too, merely figments of someone's imagination like dragons or unicorns. But here was a woman, standing plain as day before him, and now she was touching him - her hand caressed his ears and snout, and he felt...happy.

Then her hand left his head, and a pathetic whimper escaped his lips. It was then that he realized his voice was gone - he opened his maw to speak to her, and nothing but wolfish growls and yips came out. Her smile broadened, her dull fangs nearly blinding him with their whiteness. Then she spoke: Cerberus...

That was all she said; his name. He stepped toward her, his tail wagging so fast and so hard that he thought it would fly right off his body. And then she disappeared, fading into the white background as if she had never even been there. His odd paradise collapsed around him, and darkness swallowed everything until he was lost in it.

Suddenly he opened his eyes. As his chest heaved in a terrified pant, his bi-colored orbs danced around in an attempt to portray to him where he was now. Familiar sights and smells flooded his being, and he finally held still - it had all been a dream. Shaking his head violently, he stood, unusually disappointed after looking down and finding the gashes that decorated his left arm. He ran a paw over his head and it brushed against his tattered ear, and a sigh of disdain left his lips. Yes, it had all been a dream...a wonderful, obscure, misplaced dream. The sun slowly disappeared behind the mountains, and it seemed to snicker at him as it left the world to the observation of the moon.

Forgive Cerberus; medicine makes him a little delusional Tongue

<style type="text/css">
.ceroll b {font-weight:bold; color:#af7945; font-size:16px; letter-spacing:0px; text-shadow:#fff 1px 1px 2px;}
.ceroll p:first-line {font-weight:bold; font-size:16px; letter-spacing:0px; }
.ceroll p:first-letter {font-weight:bold; font-size:18px; letter-spacing:0px;}
.ceroll .ooc {text-align:right; padding:5px 10px; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px;}
.ceroll p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ceroll {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#dfcdbb; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/A8Dtz.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fff; border-radius:20px; padding: 330px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: garamond, sans-serif; font-size:15px; color:#676058; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Good or bad, brother?Shadow was sitting near by and he was in his Lupus form, sitting up on his haunches and his tail was laying next to him. He tilted his head softly to the side as he looked his brother in the eyes and he smiled a little more as his tail started to sweep the ground around him. I heard you from where I was sleeping, sounded like it might have been a good dream until it got to the end and you woke up. I thought I would come and check up on ya. How you doing? How are you fitting in? Shadow had heard about the addition of Cerberus and he had heard that he use to be part of the pack. What wasn't known to the other wolves was that shadow was hiding a dark sadness.

News of Blind had reached him and he was crushed...he hadn't spent a lot of time with blind and only after they had met did he find out that she was in fact his sister. He had found a long lost sister he never knew existed, only to lose her again and for good until he passed on from this unfair world of his. He faked smiles and play with the other brothers and sisters and no even knew, Shadow was trained as an assassin and hiding emotion was part of that training. He was of great use to his pack but no one knew why. He could hunt, fish, fight and kill easily. He had knowledge and tactics to spare and if he fought for it he could raise high in the ranks but he was fine with being where he was. His past was hidden from his pack, his family, and now his sadness too was added to that list. Shadow had Insomnia and his brothers and sisters to make him happy but they could only do so much.

Shadow would continue to hide his pain and tell no one how he felt, if only shadow knew that he could talk to his brothers and sisters and they would help, he could even talk to his love but still he his his emotion as if he were still training as an assassin. His fathers training had brainwashed him into thinking he always needed to be training, but it was a lie, He had a family now. he needed to let it go and be a wolf, not an assassin.

Shadow snapped out of his thoughts and without showing any sign of doubt or a wandering mind he looked to Cerberus and kept his fake smile going and his tail moved along with it. He waited patiently for his brother to tell him about the dream and perhaps tell him of his past experience with the pack and how he was adjusting to being back. He was willing to talk about anything because he couldn't sleep and Cerberus would help him merely by talking.

<style>
.shadowself .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.shadowself p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shadowself b {color:#26577F; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.shadowself {background-color:#1F4752; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... falm-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:480px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto;}
.shadowself .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC HERE.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/9086/cebtable.jpg);width:400px;height:150px;border:1px solid black;">

It took Cerberus a moment or two to get over the initial shock that amounted from his dream. However, Shadow served as a decent distraction once he took the time to notice he was sitting there. Cerberus turned his gaze on the night-pelted wolf, his chest heaving in a cycle of deep breaths. Though the wolf hadn’t yet revealed his name to the hybrid, Ceri knew by the canine’s bi-colored eyes that this was the infamous Shadowfang, mate to Insomnia. The whole situation had been quite a thing of question to Cerberus ever since he heard of it – he thought that only Zalen and Titania were allowed to mate. But he didn’t fancy dabbling in the affairs of others, so he held his tongue. Now, face to face with the handsome wolf, he sized him up with his own bi-colored eyes, and then sat back on his haunches as well. It was…an odd dream, he said in answer to Shadow’s question. And I’m fitting in fine, I think.

As a result of his recent demotion, Cerberus found himself immediately lowering his gaze and flattening his ears against his head. While he knew that perhaps it wasn’t required for him to submit to EVERY pack member, he didn’t want to risk placing himself in any worse regards in the eyes of his packmates. Cerberus was the type of wolf that, when reprimanded, would adhere to his punishment with the utmost obedience until it had passed.

With a flick of his bushy tail, Cerberus wrapped the fluffy appendage tightly around his body, seeing as he couldn’t exactly tuck it between his legs while sitting. He’d overheard something about Blind finding a brother in Shadow, but even hearing her name had caused some of the pain to resurface, so that was the extent of the information he learned. A closer look at Shadow confirmed the suspicion that they could in fact be siblings – they looked enough alike. Questions then began flooding the coywolf’s brain: What was it like growing up with Blind? What caused them to separate? What happened when they were reunited? But he kept his mouth shut, not wanting to stir up any tattered emotions at such an early point in their meeting. So, instead, Cerberus decided to take a different route: Shadowfang, do you know much about humans?

[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Cerberus, there is no need to take a submissive stance with me, of am of no high rank, maybe some day but not right now. Relax we are brothers and should be able to talk and be on equal footing. Shadow smiled and nodded lightly to Cerberus and then he spoke kindly as he saw the questions in Cerberus's face.

Oh forgive me, I am Shadowfang, but you can call me Shadow. I am new in the pack.

Shadow relaxed more as his tail wagged lightly and then he heard a question that he didn't think he would be asked about. Humans was the topic and did Shadow know anything about them. hmm, Shadow only knew of two types of humans, assassins like himself was one because the lessons her learned came from old teachings that humans had made. And the other was a type of human that worshiped and respected wolves, and spirits much like this pack did, they were called American Indians.

I don't know much, I only know of one kind of human from what i was taught and read about when I was younger. They were called American Indians, all I know about them is that they worshiped and respected our ancestors and that they preyed to the spirits much like we do, and they wanted to live like there ancestors and not become modern, not sure what that means but it's what I know. Why do you ask? Was your dream about humans?

Shadow had a slight tilt to his head and the smile was still there but he was now actually interested in what his brother was talking about. Rather than using his brother to kill time he actually started to feel interested in the dream and wanted to hear more.

<style>
.shadowself {background-color:#1F4752; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... falm-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:480px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto;}
.shadowself .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC HERE.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/9086/cebtable.jpg);width:400px;height:150px;border:1px solid black;">

Cerberus nodded in acknowledgement at Shadow’s words, but none of it helped him to make sense of his dream. He’d heard about Native Americans a time or two himself, but the woman in his dream wasn’t wearing animal skins or carrying feathers in her hair. She looked almost like what his father had once described to him as being an angel; perfect in every way and absolutely breath-taking. But she didn’t have wings, a halo, or a flowing white robe either. The poor coywolf was terribly confused.

My dream had a human in it, yes, Ceri said in answer to the ebony wolf’s question. She was beautiful, and she spoke my name. But…well, the whole dream was just strange. Cerberus stared at the ground, his brows pinched together in thought. He’d definitely had weird dreams before – the one he’d had not long ago about his brother came to mind – but this one had to be the most off-putting, by far.

Giving his head a clearing shake, Cerberus finally lifted his eyes to meet the mismatched ones of Shadow. He was intrigued to find that many wolves he’d met so far had bi-colored eyes, and he always had to take a moment or two to admire these features when he encountered them. His parents had always told him that his eyes made him different, unique. But with every wolf he met with mismatched eyes, he felt less and less out of place. Cerberus had never really liked his eyes, and it wasn’t until he was much older that he finally grew to be okay with them. Now, he saw them as a trait characteristic of only himself, for while he’d met many wolves with blue, green, and brown pairings, he was the only one he knew with orange and yellow. This fact alone made him feel…cool.

Stirring himself from his thoughts, he smiled in a welcoming way to Shadowfang and dipped his head. It’s a pleasure to finally meet a brother in the pack, he said, I’m rather tired of playing with girls. He smirked as a soft chuckle passed his lips, and he tucked his tail around his paws as he looked over the night-pelted wolf.

[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Shadow listened carefully and took in the look of his brother as he spoke about the human in his dream. From the look in his eyes and the way he said what he did, the human must have been breath taking. Shadow had heard about angels and it sounded like his brother may have just seen one, so he smiled and replied his thoughts.

Sounds like it could have been an angel, with how beautiful you make it sound.

Shadow smiled as he rested his own tail in much the same was as his brothers and he smiled at the comment about the girls.

To tell you the truth I myself have always been around more females than males. I like females don't get me wrong but it's good for us guys to get together and talk once in a while. In fact an idea comes to mind. We both don't want to always be among the lowest in the pack hierarchy so...and this is just an idea. How about me and you go hunting? I don't see any fresh kill anywhere and the pack could use a good bear to dig into.

Shadow laughed lightly at the part with the bear but funny enough Shadow would actually go after a bear if suck a thing were asked of him. He looked into his brothers eyes and smiled as he winked. It was about time more brothers got to know one another and Shadow felt good that a fast approaching friend would be Cerberus. Shadow stoop up as his tail started to move quickly and a smile came to his maul as a excited whine came from him. Shadow loved to hunt, but never before has he been hunting with another male, this could be fun.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: I dunno why, but I felt like not using a table for some reason o.O Perhaps to match Ceri's absentmindedness? haha

---

An odd numbness washed over Cerberus as he sat, listening to Shadowfang speak. The deep, lulling voice of the other man calmed him into a sense of peace, one that he hadn't felt in a long time. He could hear every swoosh of the trees as they danced in the breeze, every chortle of a bird up past its bed time, and every cricket that bounded through the jungles of grass beneath them. A very serene look touched his features then, and he inhaled...then exhaled...and turned to look at Shadow.

"Perhaps it was an angel," he said, shrugging his shoulder ever so slightly. "I don't know what one looks like, but it would probably look like her if I imagined one." His brows suddenly pinched together as he tried to remember the face of the woman, every detail. But it escaped him, and he was left with nothing more than the memory of the white abyss that had surrounded him before she arrived.

At the mention of a bear, Ceri's peace was immediately shattered and he turned to Shadowfang with a shocked expression on his face. "Wh-why would you want to hunt a bear?" he stammered, his ears swiveling back to lie flat against his skull. Then, he realized that perhaps Shadow didn't know what had happened to him and Blind...perhaps he hadn't heard the news. Surely it had to have gotten to him by now, seeing as most knew and would surely spread it. With a light shake of his head, Ceri frowned. "I will go hunting with you, but not for bear. Not ever for bear."

[/html]
Shadow was smiling but then he saw his brothers reaction to his hunting of bears and then he remembered and his ears went flat as he frowned. oh my god...Cerberus I'm sorry, I completely forgot. I'm so sorry. We can hunt anything other than bears. I should have known not to say something like that. I'm a fool. Shadow lowered his head lightly as he felt terrible for the words he had just spoken. He had heard about his return and about the loss of Blind, his sister that he never knew existed. He couldn't hide it now. His eyes showed the pain he was hiding within and he whined lightly as he looked into his brothers eyes and slowly for the first time in front of anyone other than Insomnia, Shadow started to cry and he lowered his head as the tears fell to the ground. I'm so sorry....I always hold in my pain and anger and never release it. I'm sorry about blind ...I'm so sorry...
[html]

Word Count → 255 :: OOC

Shadow dissolved into a fit of apologies at Ceri’s refusal, and this made the coywolf very uncomfortable. He’d never meant to upset the poor boy, let alone make him cry. As Shadow continued to apologize for what Cerberus considered to be nothing more than an innocent mistake, the hybrid watched the dark wolf with discontent before lowering his head in mourning as well. It was true that he missed Blind; he couldn’t deny that. But it had been his sole goal to refrain from thinking on it for too long in order to avoid crashing in wave of depression.

Feeling remorse for the poor wolf, Cerberus crept closer and draped his neck over Shadow’s. He bestowed a comforting lick or two to the man’s ears, and then resumed his canine-like hug in hopes of easing his pain. It’s alright Shadowfang, he said, nuzzling the man’s neck, it’s not your fault. Relax.

Cerberus had never separated the amounts of affection he found necessary to give between men and women. When it came down to it, he was just as affectionate to a man as he was a woman, for they were all the same in his eyes. Though he knew that many males saw this as emasculating and perhaps even slightly awkward, Cerberus didn’t care. He couldn’t deny that Shadow was a handsome wolf, and this fueled his affection even further. But he was in no mindset to flirt or “get cozy” with anyone at the moment, so his attention was only friendly and nothing more.

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Hadmk.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:183px; height:200px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
Shadow's tears kept coming and he felt Ceri nuzzle and place some licks on his ears and they went back lightly as he leaned his head to the side and pressed his head into Ceri's chest as he kept his eyes closed tight. Shadow was never one to show emotion and now it seemed that his body would do it with or without his consent. Shadow took in a deep breath and very slowly his tears stopped but his eyes were still watered due to the emotion he was feeling.

Cerberus, thank you. I never told anyone this and I didn't know until I had met her that Blind was actually my sister that I didn't know I had. At birth the weaker pups were killed by my father, I had been a runt but blind was weaker than I so our mother, her true mother sent her away to live with friends that could be trusted and away from the life of a killer. My dad took his anger out on me and trained me hard, sometimes I felt that he was trying to kill me but then he would always nurse me back to health before he trained me again. Cerberus you are basically the only male I know and I consider you my best friend and my brother...Lets go! lets hunt and swim and climb and just get out of here....We both have pain within us, but that doesn't mean we can't be happy!

Shadow smiled lightly and nuzzled Ceri back and placed a big lick across his his maul from nose to eye and he chuckled lightly. He loved him and he wanted them to get to know each other and become friends and brothers in all meanings of those words. Shadow hopped back and lowered his front as his butt and tail were held high and he gave a happy, playful whine.

Last one to the forest is a white wolf! He laughed as he darted off knowing Ceri would follow. His joke had been good and he knew it would bring a smile to his brothers face. Shadow knew he could win but he didn't move to fast for he wanted his brother to catch up so it could be made fun and interesting.
[html]

Word Count → 314 :: OOC

Cerberus was glad to see the tears stop when Shadow lifted his head again. In all his life, he’d never seen another man cry, save for his father’s damp eyes upon discovering his brother’s lifeless body. But even then, the moisture stayed in the corners of his dark eyes and didn’t spill over, and this disturbed Ceri greatly. To his relief, it touched him to see that THIS male had feelings; to see that this male cared. A gentle smile touched Ceri’s lips then, but it was immediately replaced with a look of surprise when Shadow shared the news of he and Blind being siblings. Blind had failed to mention that.

Ceri opened his mouth to comment on the news, but a lavish lick suddenly ran across his face, forcing his ears to flatten sheepishly and a deep blush to warm his pale cheeks. His heart did a funny little skip in his chest and he blinked in surprise, finally looking away like a shy little school girl when Shadow pulled back. Then the dark wolf leapt to his feet and bowed playfully before him, uttering a teasing threat about becoming a white wolf if he couldn’t beat him in their race. But I’m already a white wolf! he whined, staggering to his feet with a smile on his face as he watched Shadow tear through the forest.

The pain in his slowly-healing limb made the chase rather difficult, but the new desire to keep this wolf from getting away flared in his chest and forced him to ignore the pain. Darting past trees and leaping over divots in the unpredictable terrain, Cerberus followed the ebony wolf, finally coming close enough to nip playfully at Shadow’s heels. Gathering all the energy in his hind limbs, Cerberus then leapt forward, aiming to pounce on the dark wolf and bring him down in a playful wrestle.

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Hadmk.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:183px; height:200px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
If your already a white wolf!!!then I guess we know who is going to win!

Shadow laughed loud and gave a playful howl and bark as he tore through the forest. he made sure not to gain to much ground otherwise it wouldn't be fun to get chased and like he had hoped, Ceri had followed and was coming up quick. Shadow managed to slowly down enough to where Cerberus caught up quickly and to his surprise Ceri could move quite well for a wolf that had a little bit of a limp. He smiled and laughed as he kept moving and then as he looked back he saw Ceri gain on him and then playfully nip at his back and he barked happily as he kept moving.

Shadow went under and over tree trunks and over debits in the earth and he thought he had lost his pursuer when he looked over his shoulder and saw nothing but then he looked up and saw that Ceri was in the air and was going to land on him. Shadow had a look of surprise as he readied himself for the additional weight and as Ceri landed on his shadow kept going and it would have been a funny sight to see. Shadow was running and Ceri was on his back like a man riding a horse and slowly Shadow stopped and he chuckled as he flopped down onto the ground with Ceri still on his back. Shadow rolled and then hopped up and went in and growled playfully as he bit into the scruff of Ceri's neck and he pulled lightly as he smiled and then he was tackled and he landed on his side as Ceri held him down.

we both got here at the same time, thanks to you piggybacking so I guess we are both white wolves now! what will I tell Insomnia!

He gave a hearty laugh as he continued to wrestle with his brother. The sounds of playful growls and barks came from the forest as Shadow and Ceri started to unwind all there worries and pains. Shadow and his brother Cerberus both needed this more than either of them truly knew. Shadow started to feel that he could tell Ceri anything even about him being an assassin but that would be something for a later time. If Ceri asked then he would tell, if not then it was better off not being known at all.

Shadows tail wagged fast as his ears were down a little as he did another playful bow and he smiled as he watched his brother. This was fun, he would have to do this more often.
[html]

Word Count → 240 :: OOC

In the air...then on Shadow's back...then on the ground...then on top of Shadow. It all happened in what seemed like the blink of an eye. When he'd felt a pair of needle-like teeth holding his scruff, an odd and alluring chill shot down his spine. Now, Cerberus was standing above the ebony wolf and flailing to find a place to sink his teeth into, finally settling on Shadow's throat. As he jeered about how they were both white wolves now, his voice vibrated against Ceri's teeth and he chuckled, struggling to hold tight. Eventually he let go, standing over Shadow still while his thick tail batted the air around it. Maybe, he said, his voice dripping with slyness, she doesn't have to know. A wicked grin spread across his lips and he lowered his head, bathing Shadow's ears in teasing licks before hopping off and sauntering away.

He paused for only a moment, peering over his shoulder at the dark wolf in order to observe his reaction to the taunting. Then he gave his tail a haughty swoosh and chuckled. Care for a rematch? Come and get me! Lowering his body to the ground, Cerberus galloped off, tearing through the forest and away from the dark wolf. After a while, his leg screamed in protest and he found himself having to rest beneath a tree to nurse it with his velvet tongue before he could even think of running again.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
WORD COUNT: 421. OOC:

Shadow growled playfully as he laid on his side as Cerberus had his teeth in him. Shadow smiled and interestingly enough it was fun and kinda nice feeling to rough house. Shadow hadn't done it often and it was a new feeling for him, so when Ceri taunted him and teased him he lifted his head and looked to the white wolf and glared playfully as he saw the tail move in such a way that screamed come and get me. Shadow barked out at Ceri as he even said that they could have a rematch and that he had to catch him, the part about Insomnia not having to know, put a sly smile on Shadows face as he jumped up and took off after Cerberus.

Shadow kept back seeing Ceri slowly come to a stop and then using his stealth and his training he moved closer and closer like a silent hunter and then when it seemed that Cerberus would get up and start to run again Shadow flew out of a near by bush and landed on him and they rolled and when they stopped Shadow was lying on Ceri's stomach in between his legs and his teeth were placed nice and firmly around Cerberus's neck and He smiled as he looked up to his brothers eyes and winked.

You should have know better than to try and hide from this hunter. Since I have you...what to do with you?

Shadow could play games too so when he said those words they were almost whispers that sounded like there was some kind of hidden meaning behind them. Shadow flexed his jaw just a little and made sure not to break the skin as he held him. Slowly Shadow stood and looked down at his brother and then he growled low and acted as though he was about to bite him and instead he licked him from the top of his nose to the middle of his ear and he pulled on one lightly before he let go and jumped away doing a back flip and he bowed as his tail roared behind him.

Seems I'm winning this game, don't you think?

Shadow remained in the playful bow and he watched Cerberus with a evil, playful looking smile on his face. Shadow was having the time of his life and he wished Insomnia had been there to join them but at the same time it was good for the guys to mess around every so often as well.
[html]

OOC: Haha, oh these two make me smile.

---

To say that Cerberus hadn't seen Shadow coming would be a grave understatement. In a flash the ebony wolf had Cerberus pinned on his back with no hope of escape, his weight placed meticulously as he rested atop the coywolf's pale belly. The mere presence of the dark wolf's body between his legs was enough to make Cerberus blush so hard that he was certain Shadow would be able to see the pink peek through his white fur.

Teeth held tight to the coywolf's neck as his body fell limp against Shadow's, and the ebony wolf's whispered words sent chills down his spine. Immediately he felt as if he would do anything for this wolf, including submit to him. His tail thumped against the forest floor as Shadow's eyes met his, and then another lick bestowed on his face ending in a tug of his ear made Ceri close his eyes and whine like a happy little puppy. But then Shadow moved! Why did he move?! His whine immediately became a whimper as the night-pelted wolf twirled away, his body moving like it had been tossed into the air. Cerberus rolled onto his side, pointed ears now flat against his skull, and his tail twitched as Shadow taunted him and bowed before him.

Blinking, Cerberus suddenly had an idea that made a devilish smirk cross his lips and match Shadow's. How 'bout we make this more interesting? he suggested, standing upright. Then Ceri concentrated on pouring all his energy into shifting, lengthening his arms and legs until his form contorted and he stood upright on two legs. NOW come and get me, he jeered, finally turning to dart off into the darkness in his Optime form as his fiery gaze flickered over his shoulder toward his playmate.

[/html]
OOC: I Know Right!!!

While shadow was lying on Cerberus he noticed the pink hue within the white fur of his brother and it made him laughed and take on a almost teasing type of smile as he then made his way to hope off and bow playfully ready for another round of chase. Shadow tilted his head lightly to the side as his tongue hanged out of his mouth and heard the words Ceri spoke and he wondered just what his snow pelted brother was up to.

Shadow smiled wide as Ceri shifted from lupus to Optime and then he growled playfully as Ceri took of running. Shadow barked and gave a happy low howl as he went from the playful bow to a full on sprint and while he chased after him he waited for his chance and then it was shown to him. He saw a large gap and a fallen tree trunk was lying across it. He watched as Ceri ran across it and as he did he followed and once Shadow reached the end of the log he used it like a diving board and he jumped high into the air and while he was in the air he shifted and then he landed on one knee as he was looking down.

Slowly his head rose as he looked to Ceri and he smiled Very interesting indeed.... Shadow's tail waved behind him quickly as he dove forward and rolled and he kept the momentum up as he rolled to his feet and continued to chase after his brother, or should he have thought prey? Shadow snapped his teeth lightly at the back of Ceri as he got close and then he dove forward with arms open wide to grab him in an embrace and Ceri had turned just in time to have him miss and roll on the ground and land on his back and he laughed out loud with a big smile on his face as he looked up to the trees above. Playing like this, acting like a pup, it was what he needed. He was home and with Insomnia now and he wouldn't be leaving New Dawn because he had promised her so he needed to stay active and spend time with insomnia and his other brothers and sisters.
[html]

Word Count → 264 :: Sorry for the wait on this! Wrap up in the next post or two?

Cerberus ran and ran and ran until finally he thought he could run no more. Shadow had leapt over him and shifted in mid-air, a trick that Ceri thought to be quite impressive. But now he was on the forest floor in front of him, having tumbled into a heap upon failing to catch the coywolf. Panting heavily and smiling all the while, Ceri slowed his run to a lazy saunter and moved to Shadow’s side, extending his hand in order to pull him to his feet. Looks like you took quite the fall there, mate, he teased, dusting off his own dirty body. Perhaps we’ll need to get you a bit more practice.

Placing his hands on his hips, Cerberus glanced around the forest as he attempted to catch his breath. It was getting awfully dark, making it rather difficult to see. No doubt the pack would be wondering where they’d gone off to as well, and the last thing Ceri wanted to do was get himself into more trouble just for staying out late to play. Besides, his mangled arm was beginning to sting in protest to their chasing and wrestling, indicating to Ceri that his herbs were wearing off.

Shadow, he said, placing a hand on the ebony wolf’s shoulder, it has been a pleasure spending time with you. We should probably get heading back home though, don’t you think? Cerberus glanced up at the darkened sky once more, admiring the glittering stars before giving his tail a definitive flick and once more turning his bi-colored gaze on his new friend.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Shadow took his brothers hand and was lifted up and as he looked to Ceri, he smiled and watched as the white wolf paced his hands on his hips. Shadow looked to him and snapped his teeth at him playfully before he chuckled lightly. If i wanted to really catch you....trust me...I would catch you, but I'm starting to think you wouldn't mind if I did. Oh and one other thing, I noticed that your leg is bothering you so I have an idea and it's not up for debate. Shadow walked over and leaned down as he moved his right arm behind Ceri's legs and his left to his back and then he lifted and started to walk back to the den and deeper into there pack lands.

He smiled and nuzzled his brother lightly and licked his ears as he carried his brother with ease, thanks to his strength and training that had been pushed on him by his father and by his own means of wanting to further his strength and skill. Shadow's tail continued to sway behind him as he kept a large smile on his face and he figured there was no reason to hide it, He needed to Tell Ceri what he was thinking. Ceri, While I have been gone for those couple days, I know that you and insomnia had gotten close,I just wanted to say that I love you. Your my brother and I care deeply for you, thank you for keeping Insomnia happy while I was gone, It was my fault she did what she did.
[html]

Word Count → 289 :: OOC

One minute he was in the air and the next…he was in Shadow’s arms? Cerberus looked down and, sure enough, he was. The ebony wolf had picked him up and was now hauling him back home. But that wasn’t the end of it. On the way, he showed the mangled coywolf the kind of attention that made him blush furiously, and it was only made worse when Shadow told him that he loved him as his brother. He had to admit, he was afraid that Shadow would tear his head off at the mention of knowing he and Insomnia had spent time together. But Cerberus knew he had tried to be as careful with the she-wolf as possible, and that he wasn’t guilty of anything. So it only confirmed his relief when Shadow thanked him for being there for his mate.

Of course, he said, smiling faintly as he returned a friendly nip to the wolf’s ear, I’m here for the both of you whenever you need it.

As they neared home, Cerberus could feel the sleep fighting his eyes. He was ready to curl up beneath his tree and snore the night away, but he didn’t want to leave Shadowfang. When they finally came to a stop near the dens, Cerberus nuzzled beneath the dark wolf’s chin and then slid out of his arms, standing close with his hand on Shadow’s dark belly as he glanced around. You’re more than welcome to sit with me until I fall asleep, he said, now moving his warm gaze to meet Shadow’s. He then turned his back on the dark wolf and began shifting into his lupus form, arms and legs shortening until he stood about eye-level with his friend’s waist.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Shadow smiled and as they got back home and to the den he watched his brother shift and get comfortable and he nodded lightly. I will watch over you like your very own guardian angel and wait until you are asleep before I head on my way to see Insomnia, it is the least I can do for you since you kept her sane while I was gone.

Shadow shifted as well to his lupus form and then he stayed close to his brother and he smiled as he watched him get comfortable and then he watched his eyes closed and he listened to his breaths and then once Ceri was asleep he went over and nuzzled him and spoke gently before leaving. Good night ,sweet prince.