Watch The Glow
The moon was high in the sky, and Dara was laying awake once again thinking about that black wolf. But he was long gone for her and she needed a distraction. Wearily, she stood on her worn out legs and started to aimlessly walk.It was rare to catch her in her Lupus form but tonight she was. She contemplated going to Treetop Terrace and Thornbury but she doubted anyone would be up and active in Thornbury and she didn't want to climb in the dark. That left her nowhere to go.

Well, there was somewhere she had been told about by Auntie Rosie when she had stopped to talk and visit with the pup sitter. It was called Luminescent Lagoon. Dara wanted to see what it was all about and it was suppose to look best at night. Since she was very close to the Hunting Lodge she she just decided to trot there. She wasn't far away.

After a few minutes of looking for the path she spotted in and followed the dirt trail back through the trees. A light breeze was blowing, but it felt wonderful in Dara's fur. She carefully walked through the trees into a clearing that held the lagoon.

it was more beautiful than Auntie Rosie had said. The blue glow was gorgeous and dazzling. It was almost mesmerizing. She inched closer and closer until her paw touched surface if the water, causing ripples to disturb the water, but not the glow. She pulled her paw back and laid on the bank of the lagoon and dipped her left paw into the water and left it there.

She got bored of this form and focused on her Optime form. The change only took about two minutes. Again she laid on her stomach and dipped a paw into the water. It was very peaceful, maybe peaceful enough for her to fall asleep.

She hoped somebody would joy her here. She wanted company though the solitude was what she thought she needed.
[html]

Word Count :: 000 hi there!

The luminescent lagoon. The place where she had romanced Bangle, and they had become mates; the place that held many early memories for the alpha female. The calm blue glow caressed the night, shedding its light on the trees and bushes and foliage around it, giving everything an eerie and beautiful appearance.

Skye sat on a log near the lake, simply staring at it and remembering the early days of the pack. The days when Shawchert was the leader and she was the co-capitana; the days when Bangle was around the pack more - who knows where he was or what he was up to now. The days when things seemed shaky, but good - hopeful for the future, full of life. She still felt hopeful now, but this was different; more sure of herself, and yet less new and exciting.

She heard a rustle in the bushes, and recognized Dara's scent. As the darker female lay belly-down by the lake farther from her, Skye stood and moved to a log closer to her packmate. "Beautiful, isn't it?" she said.

And I will be your hope when you feel like it's over

Image courtesy of Nick-K & joeri-c

<style>.GR2_Skye2 {color:#5d7980; width:500px; margin:0px auto; background-color:#dee0cb; background-image:url(http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/2959/skye21.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:150px 0px 0px 0px; border:1px solid #cfc6b6; margin:0 auto; -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 18px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius: 18px; -moz-border-radius-topleft: 18px; -moz-border-radius-topright: 18px; border-top-left-radius: 18px; border-top-right-radius: 18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
td.GR2_Skye2Main {text-align:left; border:0px; background-image:url(http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/166/skye23.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 3px 190px 3px;}
td.GR2_Skye2Main .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #cfc6b6; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#888672; line-height:12px; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px}
td.GR2_Skye2Main .bottom {color:#727f74; text-align:right; font-family:Cardo; font-size:12px; text-shadow:#a1a99a 1px 1px 1px; line-height:20px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; }
td.GR2_Skye2Main .top {background-image:url(http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/5438/way3.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 0px 0px; }
td.GR2_Skye2Main .name {text-align:Left; font-family:Bilbo Swash Caps; font-size:80px; text-shadow:#8695b1 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 10px 15px; line-height:35px; color:#566761;}
td.GR2_Skye2Main .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#8b9481; font-size:9px; border-bottom:1px dotted #8695b1; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
td.GR2_Skye2Main p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
td.GR2_Skye2Main b {font-family:verdana; color:#566761; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]
Skye's voice surprised Dara a good bit, but it was reassuring to hear her voice.

"Beautiful is an understatement. It's absolutely gorgeous, she said gently and quietly, almost as if speaking would destroy the beauty of the place.

"Skye, have you ever met a male you wanted so ever badly, but could never have? she asked curiously, wanting to know someone, anyone, had gone through this before, She hoped she wasn't venturing on bad memories. Dara rolled over onto her back and looked at the higher ranked female. Maybe she could help out. She needed it quite badly.
[html]

Word Count :: 000

She nodded as the woman spoke softly of the glowing lake in front of them. It was true - the lake was absolutely gorgeous, not any less so than when she had first set her eyes on the place. The lands they had claimed truly was a beautiful place, and the lagoon with its luminescent glow was no exception whatsoever.

She looked at the female that had asked her the question, and thought back - yes, she remembered a time when she felt that perhaps, the relationship between her and Bangle would never work out. But now that she was older, now... it seemed like she never saw him around. She would see him once, maybe twice a month, and then.. nothing.

"It seemed like it, for a while," she said carefully. She then looked at Dara's eyes, wondering what had prompted the woman to ask her that. "Why do you ask?"

<style>.GR2_Skye2 {color:#5d7980; width:500px; margin:0px auto; background-color:#dee0cb; background-image:url(http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/2959/skye21.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:150px 0px 0px 0px; border:1px solid #cfc6b6; margin:0 auto; -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 18px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius: 18px; -moz-border-radius-topleft: 18px; -moz-border-radius-topright: 18px; border-top-left-radius: 18px; border-top-right-radius: 18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
td.GR2_Skye2Main {text-align:left; border:0px; background-image:url(http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/166/skye23.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 3px 190px 3px;}
td.GR2_Skye2Main .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #cfc6b6; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#888672; line-height:12px; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px}
td.GR2_Skye2Main .bottom {color:#727f74; text-align:right; font-family:Cardo; font-size:12px; text-shadow:#a1a99a 1px 1px 1px; line-height:20px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; }
td.GR2_Skye2Main .top {background-image:url(http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/5438/way3.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 0px 0px; }
td.GR2_Skye2Main .name {text-align:Left; font-family:Bilbo Swash Caps; font-size:80px; text-shadow:#8695b1 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 10px 15px; line-height:35px; color:#566761;}
td.GR2_Skye2Main .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#8b9481; font-size:9px; border-bottom:1px dotted #8695b1; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
td.GR2_Skye2Main b {font-family:verdana; color:#566761; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]
Dara didn't smile at knowing that someone else had, at one point, was in her situation. She felt relieved, hoping the Captina could help her.

"I am in that situation and I don't know what to think or do. His name is Shadow and of course he is from another pack, New Dawn. I met him before coming here. We were both Loners then, but there was a connection. We became really close in that time I spent with him. When I left the pack lands for a day about a week ago, I had another chance encounter with him. It just reassured me that those feelings weren't just nothing. But, I learned he's taken. He has a mate honestly. I have really strong feelings from him. I have no idea what to do. I can't forget him. He's my best friend. I just need help."

Her words came out as a tangled mess. She stumbled over her words, being as Skye was the only wolf she had mentioned this too. She felt the tear in her eye and quickly wiped it away. Her gaze wandered from the eyes of Skye to the stars, then to the treeline and back to Skye. She knew she probably sounded like a love struck pup, but this was something different altogether.
[html]

Again the Capitana nodded slowly, acknowledging the words that the Artista spoke while thinking them over. A bond formed through lonership - she knew that when one was alone in the world, as she had felt that she was when she left her Halcyon Mountain home and traveled into the world of Nova Scotia, any bond with another canine felt like heaven. And although Skye's relationship with Shawchert, one of her first friends in Souls, never transcended friendship, she could readily imagine how Dara must feel in her situation, having bonded even closer with this man named Shadow.

"Well, you just said it," she said softly. "He is your best friend - no doubt he sees you like that too; as a close friend." She turned and looked at the glowing blue lagoon with its soft ripples emerging, caused by some falling flowers. "You can't forget him, but perhaps you can try to transform the love you have for him into something different, something you can cope with, knowing that he has a mate and is from another pack." If Dara began to see Shadow as a best friend whom she loved, then perhaps it would be easier for the girl to deal with the fact that they could not be mates themselves.

</style>[/html]
She closed her eyes and listened to Skye closely. Her words were rang clearly in her ears. She needed to see Shadow as just that, a best friend. And now, maybe she could do that. Maybe it just took the words of another to show Dara what had to happen.

She sighed and nodded. "You're right Skye. I just have to think of him as my best friend. You know, I was reading a German folk tale once and you reminded me of a character. Strong and wise. How did you ever come by so much knowledge and strength?" The comment was not meant to flatter the Captina but to point out honest traits about her, that Dara admired so.
[html]

She smiled as the girl seemed to be cheered up by her advice. She enjoyed making her packmates feel better; although her pack was small, she would not feel crestfallen by it. Her packmates were good and true - and as long as she could protect them, ensure their safety, and help them in times of need, Skye would never have a lack of jobs to do.

She smiled slightly as Dara called her strong and wise, saying that she reminded her of a character in a tale. She was certainly different from the young teenage wolf who had emerged into Souls with no knowledge of the real world, no experience, no clue what she would go through. She had changed - through the formation of the pack and making new friends and discovering herself, through Argul's killings and Shawchert's breakdown and his departure from the pack, through the departure of founders, one by one, until only her and Orin remained, and through the changing and renovations of the pack, the discovery of how much it truly meant to her... it was the experiences, all together, that had shaped who the wolf was today.

"I wasn't like this when I came here, to Nova Scotia - but as I grew and discovered who I was, and what the pack meant to me, I changed. I learned. I think that it happens to everyone, sooner or later," she said, still looking out at the lagoon.

</style>[/html]
Dara liked being in the company of a wolf who had experience in the world around them. She listened eagerly to Skye. She liked hearing that some day she would be wise but didn't like the waiting part. She had an impatience that showed up more often now.

"Im gut Zeit. It's German for 'In good Time.' I suppose that phrase applies here." She let the silence sit between them for a while before asking another question that had been on her mind.

"What exactly did Liam do to be hated as much as he is?" She hated to sound ignorant but she thought it would be best to ask Skye that. She trusted Skye, not to say she doesn't trust the others. She happens to trust Skye most.
[html]

Word Count :: 500+

Skye sat on the log, enjoying the company of Dara. She enjoyed the female's fresh inquisitiveness, her willingness to simply speak about their surroundings, about what had happened in their lives. It was something she did not see in many others, save for a few of her friends - she enjoyed the trait, however, enjoyed simply sitting by the glowing lagoon and speaking.

Then, Dara asked another question. Skye did not answer immediately, but looked out over and across the lagoon to the forest beyond. How did Liam become so hated, indeed.

"Liam had never been a stable boy," she began, satiating the girl's curiosity with the beginnings of one of d'Arte's many tales. "He was disobediant. Defiant. He had no respect for others.. he thought that all black wolves were evil, as well. He told me once that it was his duty to destroy them." She did not look away from where she was looking, but her tail wagged once, remembering the talk she had had with Liam.

"Foolishly, I chalked it up to being a teenager, being young and wanting to be dominant. I was wrong. At the time, his parents had adopted a young black pup, Tameri. She loved Liam as a brother. But one day he snapped." She frowned, remembering the day that would never quite be erased from her mind. "I suppose he believed that he was killing an evil shadow, a devil... but all that he was killing was his sister. Tameri died that day by Liam's hand." There was no need to delve into the details of how he did it, of how he had ripped her apart while she was still alive; there was no need for those horrible details of that day.

"One of the guardians of the pack, Shawchert, and I immediately attacked Liam. We would have easily killed him then and there.. but his father plead for us to spare him." She then looked at Dara. "The love between a parent and a child is a strange thing, a close and almost unbreakable thing.. that day, I spared Liam's life not for him, but for Taliesin." And it was true - if it had been solely for the monster Liam, she would have ripped him apart like he did his sister with no regrets nor remorse. But Taliesin had begged for his life that day, and Taliesin - scholarly, loyal Taliesin - had never betrayed her before, had shown no reason for her to inflict pain on him twice on the same day. And so she had let Liam live, although the mercy was once and only once.

"Some packs.. Anathema.. Inferni.. Salsola, even.. they harbor murderers, criminals, vermin of the earth. They harbor those who destroy. We do the opposite - d'Arte was meant for art, for beauty, for the creation of the world, not the destruction. I will always do my duty to protect this pack from those against which it stands - mistakes are made, but they are also learned from. Nothing like that will happen again here," she said solemnly.

</style>[/html]
When she had asked the question she wasn't expecting what she heard. She heard the tale of the troubled youth and the instability of him. She gulped hard at that and thought about her own brother doing something like that to her. How he could do that to his own sister was beyond her.

She knew who Taliesin was. He had a young pup named...something. She couldn't remember. It pained her to think that he had to be pained with losing his adopted daughter and almost his son. She words about the love between a parent and a child hit an empty spot in her heart. "I never spent much time with my father when I was younger. He was too busy with my brother Crixsus. But, when I lost him in the raid that killed off my small pack, I cried for hours. I wanted more time. I know that strange love, even if he only wanted Crixsus around." The thought came to her from those words of strange love.

"I have also the name Bangle mentioned around d'Arte. Who was he?" she obviously had a very curious nature. She wanted to learn and this was her interest right now. She wanted to know the pack history and the important people, important for good or bad reasons.
[html]

She felt sympathy for the female, and hoped that her latest story hadn't struck a bad note with her. Not to grow up with your parents, to never know them, and yet feel the burning pain when you lose them.. it seemed a lot to bear.

She was reminded painfully of her abandoned mate as the female next to her asked who he was. Sighing, she spoke, shorter and more curtly than the last story she had told; "Bangle is... was my mate," she said slightly bitterly - so many had left her, and she should have known better than to think that even her mate would stay. "He abandoned me, abandoned the pack. I don't know where he is now." The male had come around less and less frequently until he had stopped coming at all. She was not even sure that he would come back at all - why else would he leave without a word, without a note, without even a whisper of why he went, if but to leave forever?

</style>[/html]
Dara instantly regretted asking her question. She didn't think about that possibility that it could have struck a bad memory. "I-I'm sorry, Skye. I didn't know that.," she said gently. It must have been hard to be abandoned by your own mate.

"I shouldn't have asked," she whispered. "On a different note, I think I am going to claim a house in Thornbury soon. I am very sure on that one,"

OOC: short about it being short. Writer's block.
[html]

"That's alright, Dara," said the female kindly, replacing the detached look on her face with one with more warmth. "There was no way you could have known that he was my mate." It was true - if she was going to get angry with each of her members every time they reminded her of something bad, or asked her an innocent question, she would not be much of a leader at all. No, she did not blame this female for asking her questions; she enjoyed the conversation. It was one of the better ones she's had in a while.

"That's great," she said in reply to the girl talking about possibly claiming a house in Thornbury. "Feel free to choose any one you want - that is unclaimed, of course," she said, laughing softly. "I'll help you settle in if you want, when you choose." Choosing a house had been exciting for her, and she hoped that Dara would find the same happiness in choosing her own dwelling.

</style>[/html]
Skye's words held a comfort to them, telling Dara she had done nothing wrong in asking a question. But, that is what Dara gets many times for having such an inquisitive nature about her.

"That would be amazing! I would love to have your help. I wish there was a house out here near the lake that I could live in, or up in the Treetop Terrace. That would be pretty neat too. Being able to see this every night before sleeping would be perfect." Her mind wandered to the many different places in the pack that would be perfect for houses.

"Is anybody planning to fix up the contraptions on the pier?" she asked, her mind randomly picturing the things that decorated the pier. "If we could figure out a way to fix them up, we could have a very interesting place there. And what is planned for our boat as well? I think we should use it as a trading vessel. Then we could trade with Salsola and Inferni easier than on foot using the caravan," she said voicing her opinion to the Captina. Yes, she was a dreamer in some cases but on other's she had a realistic idea, in her opinion.

The thoughts were random and spastic but they were some that seemed to be needed to ask.