[J] A new start
Thanatos and his sister parted ways, wanting to branch out and join separate packs. He would miss his sister but wanted to finally drop his assassin title. It would be a new start for him if he joined a new pack. He wanted a new life, to be free from the chains that bound him to the assassin family. He would forever bear their marks but he would choose to follow a new path.

Thanatos looked up at the clear blue sky, it was certainly a beautiful afternoon. He took a deep breath, taking in all the scents that told spring was rapidly approaching. The sun, beating down on him, warmed his pitch-black pelt. A small smile formed on his face, so small that it would not be noticed by most. Only those who were around him long enough would be able to notice the very small changes in his facial expression. For the most part, his face stayed blank, showing no emotion whatsoever. The somewhat happy expression on his face quickly changed back and showed no emotion once more as he walked towards the border of a pack called New Dawn and stopped a respectful distance away from the edge. With his 8 and a half-foot stature along with the hood of his black cloak over his head, covering his eyes, he appeared to be quite intimidating. He hoped he wouldn’t seem like a threat to any pack members since he wished to join New Dawn. He lifted his head and let out a deep howl, calling for the alpha's of the pack. Now all he had to do, was wait.
[html]

OOC here!

Shadowfang was scouting around the pack lands as he often did when he had some free time. He was in his lupus form and he was smelling around trying to pick up anything odd and to his surprise he picked up a scent that wasn't of the boarder or any of his pack mates. He looked around with his yellow and blue eyes and then there in an opening in the forest he saw it. The man stood tall, much like himself and he saw how he held himself. Was is possible, could another assassin like himself really have found New Dawn to be a pack worth joining.

Was this man after Shadow or was it merely a coincidence. Shadow moved through the trees walking slowly and then as he came into view of the stranger he nodded and then right there before his very eyes he shifted. Shadow paws formed into hands and short skinny legs and arms turned to well toned and trained muscles made for hunting.

Once Shadow was done shifting, after only a few brief moments he nodded again and as he looked to the man he noticed that they almost stood at exactly the same height. Shadows tail was on par with the stranger and he reached out a hand for him to shake. Once his hand was shook firmly Shadow spoke with a casual smirk on his face, as he welcomed the stranger.

Hello stranger, my name is Shadowfang, you may call me Shadow, and before We speak more I must ask that you do something. My Alpha and Alphess, including the rest of this pack are believers of the old ways before the virus. If you could i would suggest shifting and removing your cloths and weapons. I mean no disrespect but I am only trying to help. They will look kindly on you if you take to the form meant for us. I shall shift as well and then we may speak more.

Shadow Shifted again back to Lupus form and he made a respectful bow as he waited for the stranger to do the same. Shadow knew his Alpha or Alphess would be coming soon and he wanted to make sure that this new comer was ready for them. He would do right by his pack and he would make sure that all the respect was given to his leaders.

<style>
.shadowself .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.shadowself p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shadowself b {color:#26577F; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.shadowself {background-color:#1F4752; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... falm-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:480px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto;}
.shadowself .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
It didn’t take nearly as long for someone to show up as Thanatos thought. Another black male in Lupus form appeared to have been scouting around the borders when he picked up Thanatos’ scent. He shifted to his Optime form quickly in front of Thanatos and spoke with a smirk on his face. Thanatos wasn’t too fond of the smirk, having been taught by his family that the look was an insult. His face remained blank still though, showing no distaste in the man’s expression. He nodded as the man introduced himself and requested to be called Shadow. ”Thanatos Haima.” He bowed low to Shadow, his tail low but not tucked in as he would do for an alpha.

Being told to shift into the very form he had only been in as a pup caused Thanatos’ ear to twitch slightly. He wasn’t sure if he felt comfortable just leaving his many weapons there but he was looking for a new start and living in his Lupus form would certainly be different. After a moment of hesitation, he lowered the hood of his cloak, sliding his ears out of the little slits in the top, and took off the cloak and folded it neatly before setting it on the ground. Thanatos removed the sheath that held the twin blades on his back and set it on top of the cloak followed by the belt that held the throwing knives and two handed sword, and placed his dagger on top as well. Once he had everything off, he looked around, wondering where he could store his things in case he decided not to join the pack. He would have to see how he felt about staying in the form he was never in.

Thanatos dug a hole quickly and placed his items inside and buried them for now. He shifted into his Lupus form and stood before Shadow, curious about the black male. There was an air about him that made him familiar to Thanatos. He realized what it was. ”So, how long has it been since you were an assassin?”
[html]

OOC here!

Shadow watched as the assassin buried his things and he nodded again once he was done. Shadow was about to speak and then the stranger beat him to it and called out easily what he was. Shadow was not surprised and he even smiled a genuine smile back to the stranger and he spoke lightly only after his listened and made sure no one was around to hear them.You know as well as I brother that one never stops being an assassin until death has claimed them, and even then i see a great many spirits that would be on my list. I must ask one more thing of you, speak to no one of what I am, I left that world behind me and now use those skills to hunt and supply for my pack. You too may want to consider not speaking of such a shadowy past.

When the Alpha comes, you will be asked questions. I do not wish to step over any bounds so I will not say what they will ask, for it may will be different from when I was allowed in. I would say that if you want to join, show respect, speak true and be kind. I am Shadow and I am of New Dawn. It is a pleasure to meet you Thanatos. If you truly wish to start over and welcome a new life for yourself then I will vouch for you, maybe we can even become friends, spar one another and help each over to stay on a path away from the shadows.

Our pack is about the old way, meaning not only living and walking as our ancestors but not having items that use to belong to the lost race. Our leaders, my Alphas are Zalen and Titania, both can not be missed and if they see you worthy then they will not hesitate to welcome you into our family.

Shadow walked over and stood right next to the stranger and then he howled to the trees and to his Alpha letting them know exactly where they were. Shadow along with Thanatos looked to the trees and all they could do now was wait.

<style>
.shadowself {background-color:#1F4752; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... falm-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:480px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto;}
.shadowself .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
she's quiet when she's down
strangers from other towns

nowhere to be found
on this side of the scene
I thought having a Beta would be fun for you guys Big Grin Don't worry Soran's allowed to let people into the pack. Also I thought it would be fun because Soran's dad was called Thanatos and she did not like him at all XD WC: 552

The sable female had been wandering around the lands as she often did during the day, lining their borders with small stones as she walked, eventually there would be a ring of pebbles around the lands, making it evident that these lands were claimed; it helped the ebony Beta feel comfortable in her home, knowing that the borders were especially clear, that trespassers would know they were trespassing. She was walking with something of a spring in her step today, spring had finally arrived and that always brought a good mood to the coal pelted female, she enjoyed the spring, hunting was much easier and the days were longer; for a wolf who usually slept for tiny amounts at a time lots of light was something that made her feel justified in her actions. She had had a wonderful morning with her pale mate, the alabaster lady and herself had been curled around one another for a while, sharing a breakfast of slow, plump rabbits, all in all it had been a good day. So the dark Betess was in a wonderful mood as an unfamiliar scent caught her nostrils. This piqued the ebony female's curiosity, it seemed that once again they had a newcomer at their borders, something that pleased her, after all a pack needed to be strong and numbers always helped with that, having others around meant that everyone was safer when they slept, safer when they worked, all in all it helped the sable female feel that her pack, her family was safe and sound in their homes. She smiled to herself and set off to where the scent was coming from, as she walked she noted that it mingled with another, more familiar scent, it was of a wolf she had not yet met, but he was of the pack, her keen sense of smell could tell her that much.

The tall female walked briskly, her long legs taking her across the lands swiftly, her arms swinging casually by her sides. Her mane was braided today, laying in a thick plait down her spine, ending in a thin strip of leather that held the fur together, along with the pair of peacock feathers her daughters had given her before she left Crimson Dreams. She smiled slightly as she approached the dark figures, green eyes watching them as they spoke, the newcomer was in his Lupus form and the other wolf, the pack member was in his Optime form, she was still too far away to hear them speaking, but she watched as the stranger buried some items. This pleased her, watching him throw aside the human artifacts was a good thing, the pack were permitted human items, but they were most definitely frowned upon, to see that the ebony newcomer was willing to accept the pack rules was a good sign for him. She strode towards them, moving to stand in a tall, dominant stance, her ears forward, her back straight and her tail held high. Soon enough she was by the pair of dark males.
“Well, what have we here?” She asked, a smile playing on her lips as she watched the pair carefully, giving a nod of greeting to the male of the pack, whose name she felt that she really ought to have known.

<style type="text/css">
.sorspring b {font-weight:bold; color:#613456; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #776f61; }
.sorspring p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.sorspring {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#f0dec0; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/b55wo.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #776f61; border-radius:30px; padding: 10px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#776f61; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.sorspring .words {text-align:center; font-size:20px; font-family:'Delius Unicase'; padding:0px 0px 10px; line-height:20px; color:#613456; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px #776f61; }
.sorspring .ooc {margin:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}</style>

Table by the fantastic Raze (Vesper) <3<3
[/html]
Thanatos listened as Shadow spoke and nodded, understanding the pack preferred to stay as wolves. He wasn’t sure yet how he felt about living in a form he had only been in as a pup but it was a good way to begin his new life. Zalen and Titania were the Alphas of the pack. Thanatos stored the names away so he would remember them once he came into contact with them.

Shadow moved to stand next to him and howled, calling for his Alpha. He looked to the trees, not sure how long he would have to wait. Thanatos picked up the scent of a female carrying a similar scent to Shadows. She was obviously from his pack and also appeared to be higher up but not the alpha. The woman was certainly beautiful with her dark coat and green eyes. She took up a dominant stance and he immediately sank low to the ground with his tail tucked between his legs and his ears flat against his head in a submissive pose. She spoke and nodded a small greeting to Shadow. ”Hello miss. My name is Thanatos Haima, I would like to request for you to consider allowing me to become a member of your pack.”
[html]

OOC here!

Shadow smiled when he saw his Beta and he went through the steps of respect. he lowered his tail and his ears and his head as his eyes went to the ground and he gave her a low bow. His actions had actually perfectly matched Thanatos and his moves, of which was funny yet unintended. He looked up and then he spoke after hearing what Thanatos had to say.

I can vouch for his abilities, and he is willing to give up his past life and life like us. I second the request for him joining and also I'd like to hi. I haven't met you yet which is odd considering you are of high rank.

Shadow raised his head but kept his tail low as he looked to Soran and he chuckled lightly as an idea hit him.

Permission to give the beta a hug, possibly a nip here and there.

Shadow meant no disrespect what so even in his actions he just was always happy to see a new face and felt bad that he hadn't met her earlier. Shadow tail stayed low as did his eyes but his tail wagged lightly from side to side an he had a silly smile on his maul as he looked to her hoping for a ease of protocol and formalities.

Also it's it's okay I would like to mentor him, you know, show him the pack, the territory and tell him about the history and the rules regarding our family. So what do you say sis...I mean Soran...I mean my Beta.

One ear on Shadow's head drooped as he was pretty sure he screwed that request up and he hoped that a care free attitude would still continue. He didn't need to be yelled at.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

nowhere to be found
Sorry for the wait on this guys, I was so tired last night I wrote a load of gibberish rather than an actual reply XD WC: 663

The sable Beta found it amusing how many dark pelted wolves seemed to be drawn to these lands, there were many of them now, including herself. She smiled as she looked from Shadowfang to Thanatos, the newcomer spoke then and the dark female raised her eyebrows. He had spoken in a perfectly polite manner, what he had said had been respectful and had been more than a reasonable request, it was not his words that had suddenly changed the ebony wolf's demeanour, it was his name. Thanatos, that was a name that had chased her through the lands, especially during her youth; this newcomer shared her father's name; her father had been a psychotic murderer, he had killed her mother, her adoptive mother and her adoptive brother, all in the pursuit of Soran herself, all because she had an ebony pelt. When Soran had been born her siblings had all been dead and they had also been grey... That had been enough for the male to assume that she was indeed pure evil, that she had killed her siblings in the womb and so he had hunted her endlessly. Soran looked at this newcomer, for a moment her eyes clouded over and she visibly shivered, the memories now coming thick and fast, whirling around her mind, watching her adoptive mother die, watching Iikka die, being persecuted and hated by wolves that were supposed to have been her family, wolves that were supposed to have loved her; all because of the male that shared the same name as this potential joiner. The dark female's ears flattened against her skull for a moment and she gave the male a hard stare. Finally logic took over once again and Soran shook her dark head, seeming to be clearing the thoughts from her mind; she was being foolish, so foolish, this male was not her father, it was not his fault that he happened to share a name with a male that had been a psychopath. The dark female's stance visibly softened then and a smile came back to her lips.
“Apologies for that Thanatos, it is just that you share a name with someone I used to know, I haven't heard such a name for so long.” Soran explained to the newcomer, managing a slight smile.

At this moment Shadowfang spoke and the dark lady turned to him, her smile broadening with the appreciation of his sign of submission. He said that he would vouch for this new male, that the dark pelted one was ready to give up his past life, that he was willing to change. Soran nodded as he spoke, the smile still playing on her lips.
"I think that we are all willing to give up our old lives, believe it or not I used to live in a human house, if he is indeed willing then there is a good chance that he will fit right in." The dark female smiled at Thanatos then. Shadowfang spoke once again and the lady let out a hearty, warm chuckle as he spoke, he asked permission to give her a hug.
"Permission granted, though I must confess I do not know your name." The Beta replied, opening her arms towards the male, showing that she was willing to be hugged. The male then asked if he could mentor Thanatos, this brought another smile to the ebony woman's lips.
"Well Thanatos it seems that you have already made a friend in these lands. I shall ask you a few questions, I am sure you will answer them satisfactorily, if so then I am sure we can welcome you into our little family here." Soran replied, green eyes flicking between the two males as she spoke.
"So, tell me Thanatos, what skills do you have that you feel would be an asset to us? Are you a hunter for example?" Soran asked, her tone a lot more relaxed and warm now, the hug really had helped.

<style type="text/css">
.sorspring b {font-weight:bold; color:#613456; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #776f61; }
.sorspring {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#f0dec0; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/b55wo.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #776f61; border-radius:30px; padding: 10px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#776f61; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.sorspring .words {text-align:center; font-size:20px; font-family:'Delius Unicase'; padding:0px 0px 10px; line-height:20px; color:#613456; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px #776f61; }
.sorspring .ooc {margin:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}</style>

[/html]
For a moment it seemed as if Soran would possibly attack until she calmed down and explained that she had known another with his name. Perhaps the other was not kind to Soran and had hurt her in some way. ”It is perfectly fine Miss, I understand.” He bowed his head to the femme as he spoke, always showing her the respect required. Thanatos listened quietly as Shadow spoke. It would take quite a bit of time before he would be comfortable being as affectionate around others as Shadow was with Soran. He watched with an expressionless face as the Beta opened her arms for Shadow’s hug.

Shadow mentioned wanting to be his mentor and a slight smile formed on his face. It was barely noticeable. Soran more than likely would not notice but another assassin like Shadow would certainly be able to see the small change in his expression. The Beta agreed to let the black male mentor Thanatos and asked a few questions before he could be accepted. ”I was trained at a very young age and because of it, I am a skilled hunter and fighter. I can provide food and protection for your pack and will do anything asked of me. I shall remain loyal to the pack and its members.” He bowed low to the Beta one last time and awaited her judgment.
[html]
Rest now, traveler, for you are home.

Your brothers and sisters welcome you to New Dawn!

Congratulations! You no longer stray from the path and have returned to life as a true wolf. You do not have to face this world alone, and now may rely on the wisdom of your pack to guide you.

• Take a moment to check out our Game and the Moons to see how you can start collecting rewards.
  • Remember to study your new realm by reviewing the Map and Territory Guide so you may know the land in which your family thrives. Do not be afraid to travel anywhere within the borders of New Dawn.
  • Please read about our Culture and take a moment to review our Policies so you are best equipped to live as a true wolf.

If you have any questions or concerns you may always seek your alphas' guidance by contacting Nat (Zalen Damaichu) or Nuki (Titania Moonsong). Feel free to start posting in your new home immediately, or if you would like to plan a thread you may poke your muzzle around in Thread Requests or Open Threads!

[/html]
[html]

nowhere to be found
Sorry for the wait on this! Welcome to New Dawn, if you ever need a thread feel free to PM me and I'm sure I'll be able to find a free slot. Sorry for the shortness of this post :S I couldn't find all that much else to say. WC: 292

The ebony female smiled as she was hugged, grinning with the pleasure of getting to know another member of the pack, as the Beta wolf she felt that she should know all the members of the pack, she considered all that resided within New Dawn as family after all, she felt she should know them each by name if she were going to do that. She nuzzled into the male's neck for e moment, grinning even further as she caught the scent of Insomnia on his fur, realising that they must be mates now. The young girl that she had allowed into the pack so recently seemed like such a wonderful girl. she could not help but be pleased that she had found someone to love, someone that would care for her. The dark female listened as the male spoke, weighing up what he said as he said it, saying that he was a hunter and a fighter, as he spoke the dark Beta smiled and nodded. It seemed that he might be a valuable asset, the sable female herself had been the head huntress of a pack in the past, to have someone that shared her love for hunting was something that she loved, something that she relished, the idea of having a whole hunting party to take under her wing was something that excited her more than anything.
“I would say that they were fine attributes to have as a pack member, as I said before I think we can find a home for you. Welcome to New Dawn.” Soran said with a smile playing across her lips, she gave the young male a wink and grinned at Shadowfang. It seemed that all was going well for the pack indeed.

<style type="text/css">

[/html]