Coming Back to Haunt Me
[html]

`` D I S T U R B I A
nothing heard, nothing said, can’t even speak about it; on my life, on my head, don’t wanna think about it

Word count: 518 // +5 points
Set on the beach of the Serene Sands, high noon.
Form: Luperci

He had been busy since returning from his hunt, and instead of heading directly to the Angela like he had intended he had put his catch in the cold storage area. He was sure that Naniko had better things to do after the pack meeting than be bothered by the trivial matter of him bringing in food to the family. He was supposed to be doing that anyway. This one time, however, he figured he should tell her. After all, he had a debt to repay and he intended on making sure she knew he’d made good on his promise.

Before leaving his den, Alduin gathered the skin of the fallen elk and its hooves that he’d carved into the rough shape of wolves. He wasn’t the best at it, but he thought they looked decent enough to present to Naniko as a second gift. Though he wasn’t entirely fond of his creations, he hated leaving any part of his prey unused. He stared at the little wolves that were so still and lifeless and sighed heavily, trying his best to prevent any tears from forming on the edges of his eyes. It appeared that, subconsciously, he had carved the hooves to look like his parents had in their natural forms. He shook his head, ridding himself of the past once again.

Pressing on, he stepped out of his den and made his way out of the caves. The sun was high in the sky, and the day was far too beautiful to meet indoors. For a moment he paused to take in the fresh air, and then continued his way to the beach. He hated to go so close to the edges of Anathema’s territory, but he’d heard the beach was quiet and secluded. He would need as much of that as he could find if Naniko were able to make it. He intended on “spilling his guts”, essentially. He promised his tale to her eventually and now was as good a time as any. Well, not the whole story, but at least the reason why she’d found him nearly on his death bed at her borders.

When he finally reached the Serene Sands, Alduin sat himself at the edge of the land where the waters lapped gently at the sand. There was no roar of the ocean, just the occasional cry of a seagull. For a moment, he lost himself in the size and beauty of the waters—it was something he couldn’t have enjoyed back in Alaska. A smile touched his lips briefly, but it faded as he remembered the task at hand. It was going to be a long day.

Almost reluctantly, he lifted his head to the sky as he loosed his summoning call. As it always did, his voice carried gently on the wind. The melody was sweet and kind to the ears, but self-loathing and regret snaked its way into his song. Hard as he tried, he couldn’t stop it from poisoning the air. How shameful, he thought as the call began to fade from existence. It appears that I am…pathetic.

release me from this curse i’m in; trying to maintain, but i’m struggling. put on your pretty lies, you’re in the city of wonder

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style>
.naniko .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.naniko p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko-border {width:379px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

Big GrinBig Grin

She didn't expect anything out of Alduin or require it of him unless he chose to share or do so - he had told her that he would replace the meat she'd given him twofold, but she didn't expect him to do it. She only hoped that he would. Some canines in Anathema were ones full of empty promises...they were the ones who would remain at the rank of Zepar for most of their stay and who didn't benefit the pack much from their time in it. So she did not outright expect much from him other than the typical duties that every Zepar was to perform. Naniko had been proud to see that he'd stuck around and was getting busy helping the pack out and had ordered his promotion to the rank tier of his choice. One would get rewarded for hard work that they put in while staying in Anathema.

Ever since she had begun to visit her friend Shandom more often the female had chosen to stick to her more natural form, a form that was more acceptable in his pack. She couldn't understand it herself, as she usually stuck to her optime...but if it helped, then she would do it for him. She could see no use in staying in a less useful form. She could do most anything she needed to in her optime form, including hunting. She would simply use the bow that she got from Frodo or the slingshot that she had used since she was young. Each pack was different, though.

Naniko was surprised to hear a voice besides the leaders' on the wind that night. The tone was different from Alaki's and the meaning behind the call seemed blurred to her. She knew only that it was to alert fellow members to something in the area...perhaps the canine had found something that they needed a leader's help with. She turned around, beginning to pad toward the ocean at a quick, brisk trot. She caught sight of the other canine silhouetted against a gray oceanic backdrop. The Angela barked as if to alert him of her presence as she began to climb down the cliffside, being mindful of the edges of the path. "Hey, Alduin!" She was surprised that the male had called - he didn't seem to be in any trouble. At least, not that she could see. "I was in the area. What are you up to today?" Naniko asked as she approached. Her tail wagged behind her, a clear sign of her pleasant mood.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

`` D I S T U R B I A
nothing heard, nothing said, can’t even speak about it; on my life, on my head, don’t wanna think about it

Word count: 509 // +5 points
ooc; Big Grin!!

Alduin’s ear shot up at the sound of the bark. He was startled and soon found himself turned around to face the stranger. But a stranger she was not and he couldn’t have been more honored that the Angela had been so quick to respond. A smile donned his muzzle as Naniko approached, his ears falling back toward his head and tail low but wagging. It was good to see a familiar face, but he dreaded the story he had to tell to her. Nothing about today would be easy for him. Nonetheless, he managed to fake a grin and fall into a bow when she reached him.

My Lady,” he greeted as he lifted himself. “I understand you are busy, but I wanted to share a few things with you, if you had the time.

He stood up straight as he reached for the elk skin and hooves that had been slung across his shoulders. Almost nervously, he kneeled and presented the skin to Naniko in one hand, his head bowed slightly.

As promised, I have returned what I took, madam. I’m happy to say I was able to bring more than my intended two-fold to their stores.” He smiled sheepishly before he continued. “I am not proud to say that I was only able to catch her because she had the misfortune of meeting the barbed wire in the area, but I’m fairly certain her sacrifice will feed the family for at least a little while.

In his other hand, he clutched the carved hooves, almost reluctant to give them to her; but, he listened to his better judgment and offered them to his Angela as well.

It is my personal belief that no part of any creature should go to waste,” he began as he opened his hand, revealing the small wolves he’d held so dearly, “so I figured I would make something out of the inedible parts.

Suddenly, he felt terrible for trying to give the carvings to her. They weren’t beautiful, for he was certainly no craftsman, and he was beginning to realize she’d have no use for such tiny decorations. He cringed as he stared at them longer, ashamed that he’d even thought to make the wolves a gift to someone in her position.

I…I’m sorry, Miz D’Angelo…I should n-not have offered something so s-silly to you,” he stuttered as he tried to apologize. “I-If you do not want them, I understand completely.

He remained where he was, head bowed and eyes closed. He hoped she would overlook his foolish carvings and instead focus on the elk that actually had a use to the pack. Stupid, stupid, stupid! he thought as he knelt before her. Where did he get the bright idea to carve them in the first place? What was it that made him think that it was a good idea to give them to the Angela of the pack? Silly Alduin. Foolish Alduin.

I am terribly sorry,” he apologized again, but more composed. “Feel free to pretend like that never happened.

release me from this curse i’m in; trying to maintain, but i’m struggling. put on your pretty lies, you’re in the city of wonder

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style>
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

She tried to be as quick as she could when it came to addressing members. Naniko was not the type of leader to sit on a high horse and order members around without actually going and putting in some work, herself. The stables and garden were a good example of this; she led by showing others that she was willing to put even her own valuable time into a project so long as it meant a better way of life for the pack. She wanted them to see that she gave orders for a reason and that she would follow her own word when it came to making a commitment to her fellow Anathemans.

"I'm busy, but not so busy that I can't take a few moments to sit. It'll be good for me, in fact...been doing a lot of border-scouting and hunting today in this form." It was unusual to see her on four legs. "Thank you for helping to replenish the supplies. Every canine can help to restore our meat if they wish to...it's used for pups to practice on as they grow, for the winter and the days of high heat in the summer when no one would want to go outdoors..and other times, too. Ceremonies or whatnot." Though she often also sacrificed a baby lamb at some ceremonies...mateship ones in particular.

Naniko did not feel that his gift was silly at all, and shook her head at his reaction. "Don't overthink things too much, child. Any gift that one gives me is appreciated - it is obvious that a lot of time and effort was put into them and I like them very much" Hopefully that would clear up any feelings that he had of inadequacy in regard to the gift. "I have a spot to display them at home - I haven't seen work like this since my daughter made me this necklace. Thank you." She lifted her chin so that he could see the metal-ringed necklace that Caprica had designed for her. "I love hand-made items. Other than hunting, how have you been up to? Have you been finding your way through Howling Caverns with more ease, now?"

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

`` D I S T U R B I A

Word count: 1,077 // +10 points
Please pardon the length. It seems I got carried away when I found my muse again XD

He was relieved when Naniko said she would accept the gifts, and he visibly sighed happily. He took a moment to appreciate the fine necklace wrapped around her neck when she offered a glance at it, and he smiled sweetly as he made quick mention of how lovely it was. He looked then to the gifts in his hands and made sure to wrap them carefully together before he set them aside for the Angela to take back when she felt she was ready.

Thank you for your kind words,” he said as he sat down in front of her. “I am finding it easier to navigate the Caverns nowadays, although I still get lost every now and again.

He laughed lightly, remembering how misplaced he had felt when he decided to try and take a tour of the tunnels by himself. He’d been gone for hours, and only when he felt like he would be lost to the Caverns forever did he finally manage to make his way back to his den. That had certainly been a long day. However, the amusement the memory provided him faded quickly, and he soon reminded himself of the task at hand. His face fell into a grim state, and his body slouched into itself as he tried to find the strength to dig up what he’d tried to bury for so long.

I have one last promise to fulfill to you before you leave today,” he said quietly. “You gave me your story, and it is high time I tell you mine.

Alduin’s eyes fell away from Naniko, for he was too ashamed of the tale he was able to tell. Perhaps she had heard worse, but he couldn’t help but wonder if she would think differently of him after today was all said and done. Whatever the outcome, he would have at least kept his promise to her—that was what was important right now. So he took a deep breath and pulled those painful memories out of their hiding place.

A few months back,” he started. Hesitation caught hold of his tongue for a while, but he forced the words out despite the pain it brought to his heart. “A few months back my parents and I were out on an after-dinner stroll. It was the middle of winter, but the aurora was out in full force. I still remember the greens and purples that danced in that black, starless sky. Their performance was the most beautiful thing I have yet seen.

He took a staggered breath and remembered the happier times. After a moment, he continued. His eyes lifted to look into Naniko’s, but his gaze made him appear as if he were miles away.

The cold of that winter’s bite was unusually painful, even for Alaska. The animals were scarce, and no one’s belly was ever full. The summer before had not been kind, either. The lack of vegetation and prey to hunt prevented many of the hibernators to remain awake, and most, if not all, were extremely prone to violence if something crossed their path.

Alduin shuddered. Nothing about this was easy for him to recall, and he knew he was only delaying the inevitable with his chatter. The wolf shook his head slowly as if to rid himself of the horrors, but try as he might, they would not stay away.

We didn’t get far in our walk. My excitement for the aurora had sparked a bit of interest in a nearby grizzly bear and her single cub. She was upon us in a matter of seconds. With our eyes trained on the banner above, we never noticed her beforehand. We were sluggish, having just finished our holiday meal to celebrate the winter solstice. I never thought any of us stood a chance, but my parents were strong enough to protect me—even if it was for but a split second.

He rubbed his left shoulder fondly, closing his eyes and turning his nose into thinner fur.

I was out in front when she attacked. Too stunned by the ferocity of her roar and the speed at which she carried herself, I could do nothing but watch as my death approached me. It was then that I felt the terrible pain of razor teeth sinking into the upper part of my left arm. I don’t imagine I’ve ever felt more terrified in my entire life.

He managed a smile as his hand wandered to the pouch at his neck. His fingers caressed the velvet bag as if it would break at the lightest of touches.

It was my mother and father’s jaws that had wrapped around me, though. They threw me down into the snow and forced the bear away from me, screaming for me to run. My mother told me not to look back, and I couldn’t find it within myself to disobey. The cries and screams and bloodthirsty growls were too much for me to take, and my eyes had already seen too much blood and flesh strewn about the ground at my feet.

He began to rock back and forth, his arms cradling his legs close to his shivering body. The memory was becoming too much to bear, and he knew if he didn’t end the tale soon, Naniko would be faced with a very difficult situation.

So I ran. Their final cries echoed in my ears for months. The journey wasn’t easy, and I found myself to be the poster child for mental instability as I tried to get as far away from home as I could. My stomach rejected food more often than not, and water was difficult to find. I stopped only when my legs buckled underneath me, and my eyes could no longer focus on the road ahead. I hoped to die, but it seemed the spirits had other plans for my wretched soul. So it came to be that you found me at your borders, and life started anew. I am eternally grateful.

He sighed, shaking his head furiously as he tried to forget everything now. It was over—finally over. He could rest. Alduin said no more, but at least regained his composure and forced a smile onto his lips for someone’s sake. For his or his Angela’s, he wasn’t certain, but it was there, and something about it stirred a strange calmness in the beast. For now, everything would be ok.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

Don't worry ^^ I love longer posts, even though I don't usually have the muse to make such long ones myself <33

She listed with care as he recounted a time in the not-so-distant past where his life had been much different than it was now. He'd lived with his parents, had (what seemed to her) to have a fairly normal life. Then the bears had attacked. She made no noise when he spoke, unsure of what she could say and not wanting to interrupt him. Naniko needed a bit of time to think through what he'd stated and to assess his current state. Whether she liked to admit it or not, she still had quite a bit of her old self inside of her...buried deep beneath the mask that she had to wear to handle the responsibilities that came with leading the pack. Young Naniko had been a dreamer, an innovator. An herbalist that knew every plant in the forest and how to heal nearly any ailment that she had come across. A lover and brave protector.

She was still many of those things, however hidden they were. Naniko inferred from the rocking that he had been doing that Alduin telling her his past had affected him in a negative way. She didn't want to say something that would upset him further and simply sat for a few moments. She wasn't in a form that she could give him a hug in but she could still show her concern in other ways. The Angela came to sit nearer to him, finally opening her mouth to speak. "I'm very sorry about your parents. Bears can be unpredictable...there was nothing you could have done. Even I cannot stand up to a bear...I was wounded by a crazed one a few months ago, and then the beast tried to harm my pups. It was killed, but Alaki paid the price for protecting my children. He is now blind in one eye" As far as she knew, his prognosis hadn't changed.

She moved to try to nudge his neck and chin in a comforting manner, though she wasn't sure if doing so would be helpful or just cause him more harm. Perhaps he did not want the touch of another while in such a heightened state of emotion. "My biological parents left me as a pup - just up and left my sister and I one day. I had another father..I told you about both of them, I think...but he stayed and tried to help me. I was just a pup, though, and was confused. I kept looking for them and eventually ended up falling off the edge of a mountainside and breaking my leg. I also lost part of my memory that day. Bits and pieces of it are still fuzzy today. Anyway..a wolf took me in, but she soon abandoned me as well, along with her own biological children. Sometimes life can seem so...routine. So safe and secure, But then one day everything changes."

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

`` D I S T U R B I A

Word count: 400 // +3 points

Alduin had been completely unaware of Naniko’s words and movements toward him. He had been too preoccupied with trying to keep a smile on his face while once again burying the memories of his former life. Emotions ran high for the beast, and the last thing he wanted was to be comforted by anyone. He didn’t deserve it, and, try as he might to hide it, his body showed it very clearly. So when he felt Naniko pushing against his neck and chin, his eyes widened and he hopped back, startled. His fur stood on end and his ears pinned against his head as he turned to face the threat on all fours, teeth flashing as he crouched and readied himself for battle.

Through crazed, terrified eyes, he realized his mistake. He dropped onto his back and curled into himself, whimpering nervously as he tried his best to muster up an apology. Oh gods, he thought, she’s going to kill me! He cowered before the Angela, too stricken by fear to lift his eyes to see her. What had he done? How could he have possibly forgotten who he was speaking with? Surely, he would not end this day without physical pain.

I-I-I-I-I am so sorry, my L-L-L-Lady!” he sputtered out fearfully. “I forget w-w-w-who I am with!

He groaned, knowing full well he would not escape her teeth; but he would bear it. What else could he do? He knew what he had done, and such an act was unforgivable. He cursed his weakness—his inability to control his instincts—and prepared his body for the worst. She had said all those kind, comforting words to him; albeit, they were lost on him for he’d been distracted by the past. Still, she even tried to console him with a simple gesture. And what does he repay her with: sudden violence and hostility? Even if by some miracle the Angela did not put him in his place, Alduin would certainly find a way to punish himself.

I will take my leave, if you wish me out of your sight, madam,” he suggested as he remained balled up before her. “Or even the pack, should I no longer be welcome.

As he lay there, scared and worried of what the woman would think of him now, he couldn’t help but remind himself that today was, indeed, a terrible day—just as he predicted.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

:3

The reality of her actions was made clear to her as he reacted, acting defensively toward her. She pulled back from him, not wanting to cause him further grief, and watched him carefully. Was he alright? Her prime concern was for him and his safety - she hadn't been trying to harm him, but when one was in a highly emotional state it could be hard to tell the difference. She could understand that for sure. Perhaps she had gone too far by physically touching him - he had not given her permission for such a thing and she'd done so without asking. She looked on shamefully as he became flustered, stammering a reply to her. No, it was she who had made the mistake. If he did not want to be touched then she should not have done so - she was the Angela, yes, but that did not give her the right to do anything like this.

"I am your Angela, but I am not the master of your body - I was wrong to touch you without permission. I apologize, and I hope that you can accept it" It would be wrong of her to give him any repercussions for his reaction, a reaction that she saw as being purely natural. "I should have realized that this was not the right time for a touch. Mercy...I would have reacted far worse than you, I feel, if you had done the same to me. You might be missing an ear by now" She tried to inject a bit of humor into it. "But again, I apologize." Naniko bowed her head to him, trying to show that she did mean what she had said. "I do not know why you think I would wish for you to leave. We are your family...we look out for one another."

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

`` D I S T U R B I A

Word count: 625 // +5 points
Damn. I seem to be getting carried away xD

Alduin hadn’t dared uncurl his body, still afraid of what consequences might lay in his near future. The Angela’s attempts at humor had fallen on deaf ears, and even more so for with her apology. He wanted to believe her, but something inside him urged the beast to remain as he was. Surely his reaction to her gentle and comforting touch would have stirred some sort of violent instinct that demanded blood for his atrocious behavior. He would not believe otherwise, and he stayed tightly wrapped within himself.

The lands were calm as he trembled. The wind whispered sweetly to him as it brushed softly against his fur, but even the tender caress of the sea breeze could not lead the beast to a better place. The physical world was a picture of beauty and peace, but the war waging within him made it all so dark and outright hideous. Try as he might to open his eyes to the splendor of Anathema’s lands, Alduin found it impossible. He knew nothing could compare to the Alaskan tundra or the bonds he’d shared with his mother and father. Anathema was his attempt at replacing what was lost to him, but the effort was all but futile. Nothing would bring back those feelings he’d been surrounded by in Alaska. He knew this well, and yet he insisted on trying to change it anyway.

And he felt terrible for expecting Anathema to be something it could not. It offered him a new start, a new life; and all he could do in return was try to bring back the past. It was a shameful act, and despite all his efforts, he couldn’t find it within himself to do otherwise. Truly, though, his efforts lacked any enthusiasm and it pained him to admit it. His claws dug into his arms, forcing blood from the puncture wounds they created as the truth sunk in. He did this unknowingly, and the hurt that coursed through his body went unnoticed. He was too numb to know anything about the world around him.

But he remembered Naniko. He remembered that she was still there, and this filled his spirit with hope. The white wolf remained by his side through all of this, and he couldn’t help but wonder if there was a chance for redemption. It surprised him that she had bothered to spare as much time for him as she did, and it forced him back into the arms of humility. How dare he treat her in such a manner when she had been kind enough to come to him—a lowly Tuyul? He frowned at his actions, but put on a sweet smile as he unfurled and turned kind eyes back to his Angela. Self-loathing remained his top priority, but he could put on a mask for her. He would spare the woman his anguish for the rest of his stay in Anathema.

So it was with a sudden turn of emotions and demeanor that Alduin rose to his feet and bowed in apology to the beautiful creature before him. For a moment, he could not find his words and his mouth hung open as he attempted to catch them. Soon enough, though, he was back to his normal self.

Ah, hmm. My apologies, Miz D’Angelo,” he began. “I seem to have a knack for falling out of countenance around you.

He put on a sheepish grin and rubbed the back of his head as he lifted his body from the bow. Blood trickled down his arm and onto his ear, but all he could manage to do is flick it away and carry on. The last thing he needed was to see blood and fall back into a fetal position.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

What should they do now ?XD

It wasn't easy to be thrown into a group of canines and immediately feel at home - impossible, really. Many things would be different here, strange compared to the way that things had been in the canine's previous home. She wondered sometimes if there were canines that struggled with the transition. She was there to talk to if they ever needed it, but few actually came to speak to her on a regular basis. She was glad that she'd gotten the chance to talk to Alduin and learn more about him, as she had discovered the making ties within the pack helped canines to adjust more easily to the changes going on around them. She thought that it had to do with the connection - often, it was the canines that made the home and not the actual territory itself.

"You're an odd one, Alduin. But odd ones are my favorite kind of wolf" They made the most interesting friends. "We try not to judge here. Unless you prove that you are useless to the pack, which isn't likely to happen, your position is safe. We even give offenders a second chance if we can...if their transgressions were not overly serious" Amy was still living there, after all, though she still held the Sut rank due to some of her previous acts against pack members. "I just hope that you learn to love it here as much as I do." They had everything in Anathema...forests, a small village, barns, the ocean, the mountains..it was the best.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

`` D I S T U R B I A

Word count: 381 // +3 points
THEY CAN RUN, FORREST, RUN. Or whatever else you might think of instead XD

He grinned brightly at her kind words and found he could do no other than perform yet another bow for the Angela. She was far sweeter than he had first imagined, and he knew she deserved nothing less his greatest respect. Despite this, he felt completely at ease around her; as if she were a friend that he listened to very well. Perhaps it was because she called him odd and that it was her favorite trait in others; he wasn’t sure. Whatever the case may be, Alduin was happy to know he could feel as he did while he was graced by her presence.

Thank you, madam,” he said. “You are, perhaps, too kind.

And then he realized that he had nothing else to do. He had returned the meat he’d taken—and then some—to the pack, and he had told his story to her as he had promised. The male blinked as if he were confused and looked around him as if to find something interesting to talk about. Unfortunately, the only the around them was the ocean, and he was certain that Naniko had already seen and heard it many times over. His brow furrowed as he tried to think of something to do or say, but the best he could come up with was his fallback plan to anything and everything: run. So he shrugged, and looked to his Angela curiously as he offered his idea.

Seeing as how I am not very keen on going in to much more detail about the past,” he began nervously, “would you care to go for a run? If you’ve nothing left to do for the time being, of course! I find the weather far too perfect to be wasted by standing and doing nothing, and running has always been a passion of mine—silly as they might seem.

As the words left his mouth, he began to feel more inclined to apologize again for the offer; but, he took his chances this time. He was almost certain Naniko was tired of hearing his apologies, anyway. He did, however, hope dearly that she would come along with him. A run with company was always more exciting. After all, what was better than a bit of competition between friends?

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

ok :3 sorry for the long wait ;_;

She hadn't meant to make things uncomfortable for him. Naniko had that habit...she often brought the worst out of people by asking them things that were embarrassing or uncomfortable to talk about. Most of the time it was as a joke or a jest that she would ask, poking fun at the other canine...but on occasion it was more serious, like today. She had been wondering about the male's past and how he'd come to live in the pack, but had wanted him to be able to tell her that on his own time. She didn't absolutely need to know, but had just been curious.

He said that she was too kind, and she considered his words. Was she? Her pack was everything to her, and it meant sitting down and talking about feeling and emotions and issues like this...then she'd gladly do it to help a pack member out. They were her family, the only one that she had since Selene had passed away. She had her children...but beyond them, these were the canines who counted to her.

Naniko had been out and about for much of the day but readily agreed to the run when he suggested it. It would be nice to clear her head and get some exercise, as well. She didn't know that he wanted to make a game out of it and started out after giving him a nod of approval at the idea. "Where should we go?" Anathema was large, after all. They could go anywhere. "Maybe around the mountain, but not over it. More...flat land"

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]
`` D I S T U R B I A

Word count: 317 // +3 points // No worries!

Alduin had been busy shifting while Naniko spoke, though he listened as intently as he always did. As his body morphed into his natural lupus state, he considered the multitude of places they could go. Nothing in particular came to mind, and he began to think a simple run around the borders would have to suffice. A better run for a better time would have to wait, it seemed. For now, however, he was content with clearing his mind in the good company he had. Eventually, he sat before his Angela in his natural state, a grin plastered to his face as his tail wagged eagerly behind him.

Anywhere is fine,” he started as he looked out toward the ocean. “Perhaps around the borders so that we might fit in a patrol as well—two birds with one stone, I suppose.

He was a guardsman of sorts, after all, and decided that learning how to keep a sharp eye out for things was probably in his—and the pack’s—best interest. He was certain he wouldn’t need to be used for guard duty anytime in the near future, but it was always best to be prepared anyway. So it was with newfound vigor that Alduin took off toward the beach, barking for Naniko to follow along. It felt odd telling his superior what to do, but he was sure she would not punish him for being playful.

His legs carried him as swiftly as the breeze that flew over the waters. Despite his massive size, all those months of constant practice made the task of running so very simple for him. For a moment, his mind was taken back to the quieter days of his childhood and the peaceful strolls he would take after dinner each night. A single tear was shed for the memories, but it was soon lost the powerful ocean and its roaring waves.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

Alduin was really turning out to be a fantastic pack member. She had to admit that, at least. Naniko didn't expect him to fall so easily into his duties, and it seemed as if the pack was often on his mind. That was a good thing. She was glad he'd suggested the borders, as otherwise she might have had to patrol by herself later on. It was much more fun with someone else around to talk to, especially a new friend. It had been a long time since she had allowed herself to grow close to anyone, even just with a simple friendship, because it seemed to her that the moment she gave in and started to become attached to somebody, they would leave. It was better to stay above it all and to try not to get close to anybody, because then she would never feel hurt when they'd take off after a few months in the pack

She hoped that he would stay, though, despite herself. He was fun to be around and had his own issues, something that she could respect. Everyone had their own problems, and sometimes she did need a friend around. Maybe he did, too. He took off in front of her and she grinned at the mock-authority that his barks held. "Get back here, subordinate" She called sarcastically back at him, trying to catch up. He was fast! Naniko ran the borders quite often, though, and she had the ability to run for long distances. Would she outpace him eventually, or could he keep this speed up? "Anathema really is a place of beauty" She called to him as they began to head off, away from the ocean.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]
`` D I S T U R B I A

Word count: 304 // +3 points

When Naniko’s command filled his ears, he stumbled. His ears fell flat and his tail curled beneath him for he worried that she was upset with his false demands. His eyes turned to her as he slowed his pace, and he prepared an apology; however, it seemed she had been playing as well, and Alduin laughed sheepishly in return. When she matched his pace he pressed on at normal speed, taking care to stay a bit behind the Angela as he went.

It truly is, madam,” he agreed as he turned a longing gaze at the ocean, “How did you happen across this land, if it is within my rights to ask?

As his eyes came to rest on Naniko, they shone with curiosity. Anathema was such a large territory, and surely the story behind its foundation was just as incredible as the leaders that took charge of it. He looked around him, drinking in every detail of the world around him. For a moment, he felt small. Alaska had been massive, but there wasn’t much except for the long stretches of barren tundra. In Anathema, there were towering trees, roaring oceans, majestic mountains, and so much more. He intended on exploring it all.

Surely the tale of the pack’s foundation is good patrol-talk, yes?” he said with an eager grin.

Once more, he looked upon the waters that began to fade from sight and wished the scene a fond farewell. Oceans were never part of his life back in Alaska, and he found them to be beyond beautiful. The way the waves lapped at the shore filled him with peace. When he first laid eyes on it, he knew he would return to it often. He took one last look at it before they darted away to the outskirts of the pack lands.

template by revo. <3

[/html]