And every time it rains, are the angels crying?
[html]

Private - Sirius Revlis.
Location - Dawn's Breath

It was amazing how unpredictable mother nature was. A few seconds earlier, Alexey had been dry, comfy, and thoughtful; absent-mindedly contemplating how her life had somewhat changed for the better. Needless to say, that didn't last very long. Rain made an appearance; sparsely at first, but it quickly became torrential. The little she-wolf had gone from dry to soaked in mere seconds, and now she was getting pummeled by heavy raindrops. Luckily enough, she'd only been a few minutes away from a cave opening in the Appalachians, a place she quickly sought refuge in. It hadn't occurred to her that someone might already be in there, and at this point she didn't care much. They would have to share. Alexey scrambled over the rocky ground, occasionally slipping and losing balance. For a moment, she wondered if shape shifters had it easier in such situations. They had hands after all, unlike the two-year-old femme. Perhaps their hands helped them have more grip.

As she steered her way further into the cave, the outside world became distant. She could hear the drumming of raindrops becoming faint and the sound of her breathing gradually getting louder. Her every movement was echoed throughout the area, and Pickle's squeaking chimed perfectly with the surrounding noise. For once, her pseudo-child refrained from any complaints. They had been moving around a lot lately; seeking a home big enough to shelter both Koios sisters and the little chinchilla from danger. He was getting used to the the moving around. As for Adelaida, well, she was still moping over the fact that some luperci had settled into the old family den, so Alexey had decided to give her some space that day. Her sibling would eventually snap out of it, or so she hoped.

This cave seemed like a nice place to stay. A small stream passed through it, providing plenty of water for everyone. Not to mention, it was far from any residing packs. Perhaps Adelaida would like it.
[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ttable.png); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

It seemed like it was always raining in these lands...but he had never known anything different. Sirius had only been out of the den for two months, and he could already tell that he wasn't going to like this place. He hated getting wet, but no matter what territory he went to, whatever day of the week, he always came back home with his coat drenched, or just barely dry. Maybe it was best to stay inside during this kind of weather...but no, he was bound and determined that it wasn't going to stop him. He was going to go and explore every piece of land so that he could become the best secret agent ever.

Squirk was tagging along behind him, his imaginary friend floating along the ground. Sirius was used to Squirk, now over his initial shock. When he'd first met the squirrel he hadn't known what to do...if he was seeing things, or if Squirk was real. But an older wolf had explained to him that Squirk was imaginary, so he didn't worry about it as much any more.

The small green eyed hybrid yawned as he walked deeper into the cave structure. He had a good sense of direction, and wasn't worried about getting lost.

[/html]
[html]

D: Lexey's scared of a puppy!

With every step she took, it got darker. She was on the verge of blindness, as if someone had thrown a thick veil over her eyes to keep her from seeing farther than the tip of her nose. It was pointless to venture any deeper into the cavity without seeing properly, Alexey knew this. She hadn't originally expected the cavern to be this profound, but now that she knew otherwise, the little wolfess judged it wise to turn back. So she backtracked toward the entrance, making sure not to trip over anything along the way. But then something happened. Echoes suddenly carried out the sound of footsteps, and at first, the Koios lady hadn't paid much attention to them. That was until she realized those footsteps did not belong to her. She froze in her tracks, lowering her head toward the floor to sniff out the area. Her nose twitched as she caught the smell of an intruder; obviously a male canine. With everything that was happening between Dahlia de mai and Inferni, Lexey couldn't afford to be careless. What if a coyote had followed her in there?

A low growl rose in the back of her throat, a blatant warning to whoever had the guts to take one more step toward her. She quickly adopted a crouching position, digging her claws into the dirt below. The Dahlian wasn't afraid to pounce on the unwanted visitor if she had to. Meanwhile, Pickles hid behind her. The chinchilla knew that whenever his pseudo-mom changed her stance this quickly, she meant business. "Come out, come out, wherever you are." Warm honey-colored eyes narrowed into slits as she attempted to see anything but obscurity. Her heart was pounding ever so quickly, but she kept her composure nonetheless. As lightning illuminated the place for a split second, she caught sight of a distorted shadow on one of the grotto's walls. It was big, and definitely coming her way.
[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ttable.png); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Sirius liked being in the dark. He felt a lot more secure than in the light. His pelt was a honey color, red tinged rather than the silver of some of the other coyotes that he knew...so he didn't blend into the snow or the grass. The dark was the only place where he really felt invisible. He could see a little bit, still, so he continued walking.

Someone was up ahead. His hackles raised and he returned the growl, a few short yips escaping along with it. He was a fighter. Maybe this time he'd actually get to fight someone...that'd be so, so much fun. He'd been waiting to see what it would be like, after hearing stories from the others in his pack. "Come and get me." The voice in the tunnel sounded female. What female was daring to talk to him in this manner? "If you've got the nerve."

[/html]
[html]

Nyahah! Take that, Sirius!

Alexey's jaw dropped wide open as she heard the returned growl, along with the intruder's voice. Definitely young, almost... puppy-like. Whoever this kid was, he sure had nerves of steel. She could see his silhouette a little clearer now; he was standing a few feet away from her. How old was he anyway? Three, maybe four months old? He was rather small for his age too, at least she thought so. Needless to say, the two-year-old was completely taken aback. Fighting a child was out of the question, no matter how challenging he was attempting to be. Perhaps she could just play along though. A mischievous smile spread upon her lips as she closed in on the little warrior, still crouching low. "Alright. You asked for it." Her tone of voice was low and menacing.

Once close enough, about a few inches from the pup's face, Lexey finally made her move. It was swift and dangerous. Her salmon tongue reached out to lick his face, and she made sure to add extra saliva to make it even more disgusting. She knew it would throw him off. At that age, little boys were in their "Eww girls are icky' phase.
[/html]
[html]

tounge action, hahaha xD And this thread is weird. XD

He wondered how big she was, if she was bigger than him or not. He was facing away from the light, so he could only see his own shadow, heavy and looming on the wall in front of him. What if she was some strange creature, like a bear or a skunk or something? His father had warned him against such creatures...not to go near them. Sirius didn't really have a vendetta against wolves, or anything, because he was half wolf himself, but that would come with time.

He was completely surprised by the tongue action, pulling back with disgust as she came near him. "That's so gross! Why would you even do that? How do you like me doing it, huh?" He didn't care what kind of animal she was--she'd licked him, and now she was going to get it right back from him. He went at her legs with his tongue, shaking his head back and forth.

[/html]
[html]

No kidding XD

What on earth was this kid doing? Alexey burst out laughing, unable to contain herself any longer. Impending tears threatened to roll down her furry cheeks as her whole body convulsed with good-hearted laughter. Needless to say, she definitely had not expected this kind of reaction from the pup. An amused smile formed on her lips as she finally provided an answer to his question. "I do like it. I'd stop it if I were you though, or I might think you have a crush on me." She sat down in front of him, tail leisurely flicking back and forth. Lightning flashed once again, illuminating the cavern for a moment. It was enough for her to see his face for the first time. He definitely was a cute little thing. Pickles ventured over to him, greeting the youngster with a 'squeak' of his own.
[/html]
[html]

"I hate girls. They're always so...fluttery and stuff." He backed away a little bit. He couldn't see her very well and couldn't tell how old she was, but those were trivial things, really. Age didn't matter...just your intelligence mattered. Sirius was trying to work on his knowledge--he'd gotten a few books from the library in Halifax and was trying to learn how to read from them.

His father could read...so he felt like it was something he should know, too. When the little fuzzy animal came toward him he growled, backing up to the cave wall. What the heck was that thing? He'd never seen anything like it. He watched it carefully, worried about whether it might attack, a low grumble still vibrating in the back of his throat.

[/html]
[html]

Upon hearing the growl directed at him, Pickles bolted away from the child and returned to his initial place between Alexey's paws. His little body trembled with fear, obviously taken aback by the pup's sudden hostility.
"Scared of a chinchilla?" she mocked, amused by the youngster's reaction. "And I thought you were a fearless little warrior." Fake disappointment hung in her voice as she continued her trek toward the cavern's exit, nudging the pup along the way.

Staying in the dark was pointless. It made the kid ill at ease, and Alexey was starting to feel claustrophobic. Focusing on the child for so long had put a huge strain on her eyes. "Coming?" she asked, urging him to follow. He could go on about his business if he wanted to, but regardless if his decision, she was getting out of there.

[/html]
[html]
ooc:

"I don't like having the chills...I has never heard of a chin..chilla. Sounds horrible" He said, his rear still planted firmly against the wall behind him. He didn't want to show her how afraid he was of the animal, but he couldn't help it. He had to be wary of things that could harm him. He had met wolves before and coyotes, and he knew that he didn't have much to fear from them. But this new, unknown creature, was different.

"I am! And stop pushin' me, you!" She kept going and he followed, though. Nothing better to do, really...and out here in the light he could get a better look at the Chill thing. "What kind of animal is that?" Could she talk to it? He wanted to learn that, too...how to speak to animals. Then maybe he could talk to Squirk.

[/html]
[html]

Lexey chuckled as the child ordered her to stop pushing him around. She didn’t say anything though, not wanting to anger him now that he was finally showing some genuine interest. Instead, she kept going until they reached the entrance. It might’ve been cloudy, but they could definitely see much better now that the outside light was lending them a hand. She sat down, and Pickles mirrored his pseudo-mom’s movements by doing the same.

Still smiling, she offered a reply to his question. "I told you earlier, he’s a chinchilla. Kind of like a mouse and a bunny mixed together. His name is Pickles, and I think he likes you.” Alexey pushed her little friend toward the puppy with her front paw, giving him the opportunity to examine the rabbit-sized rodent a little better. Pickles complied, fully aware that he was in no direct danger.

[/html]
[html]
ooc:

Sirius looked at the thing curiously. Now that he could see it better it didn't look like much of a threat. It was a little bit smaller than him...he could beat it easily if it tried to attack him. The young male watched it warily, though, just in case, as it came toward him. What should he do? He knew he ought to be nice to it...but he wasn't sure what language it spoke. Could it understand him?

"Hello" He said, reaching out toward it very slowly with his paw.

[/html]
[html]

End soon? This thread is sorta outdated. XD

Chinchillas, especially those of the Lanigera genus, are normally adventurous and explorative. Pickles did his kind justice by generally walking into the face of danger without paying much attention to repercussions. He liked making friends with everyone, hence his bizarre relationship with the tawny girl. They couldn't really speak to each other, as Alexey didn't particularly know low speech, but the pair had developed their own special way of communicating The crepuscular rodent was pretty good at interpreting facial expressions, voice tones, and general body posture. He always had a vague idea of what others were saying, or how they were feeling.

Walking over to the child, Pickles let out a high-pitched "Squeak!" as a reply to his greeting. He watched the paw being extended toward him, until it was close enough for him to touch it with the tip of his nose. Alexey only smiled, finding them unbelievably cute. "I'm Alexey, by the way. What's your name?"

[/html]