A home that will hopefully Stay.
OOC: Bleh postie D:

She explored her new home with a puppylike enthusiasm, she wasn't clear on the rules. She knew that her and Ookami were accepted as mates, but was that okay if they chose to create a family? She wasn't sure, but she did know, from experience, that in some traditional packs, the alpha and alphess did not allow others within the pack to procreate or even become mated couples. So far, it seemed that they allowed mates, but what about pups? Adonia wasn't quite ready for that step, but if it happened?

She pushed the thought aside as her nose carried her through the lands with an energetic enthusiasm. Her eyes and ears listening and watching with complete focus on her surroundings. She knew that something else had her attention, and it was her body. She was excited and feeling quite energetic and craving attention from Ookami, but she knew she didn't plan on them doing too much, despite her body's want for him. Still she remained excited and energetic and she was using her urges to focus on getting to know her new home and burning her energy for traveling with great speed and energy.

It was odd for her to know that she was sharing a den area with the pack, she had never slept with so many other wolves and it was almost uncomfortable, but she remained pressed to Ookami at night. This morning though she left early before her perfume could hit his nose and she ran around the pack land swiftly with great focus.
[html]

OOC Hope you don't mind me dropping in! xD Don't mind the ramble, wanted to use the new table WC: 729

The man was troubled, and that was putting it lightly. Every morning he greeted the predawn with a wearied gaze as sleep seemed to elude him night after night. He should have been happy, contented with the fact that he would never have to face the world alone again, but he wasn’t. His earthy musk and her oceany aroma had intermingled so completely it was almost as if they were a single entity, he and Ciara. He wondered if his pack mates could tell one from the other anymore, and he was beginning to question himself. He was losing who he was slowly, and becoming something more. When he was without her he felt as if a part of him were torn, as if he were only one part of a greater whole, not simply Augustus, but another creature altogether. It was a blissful sort of oblivion, but no less tiresome. This was not the right thing, she deserved someone better than him, but the time for warnings had passed. She simply did not heed them, did not care to. Oh, what a mess he was. He had bound himself to this woman, and slowly the weight of his chains was bringing him down.

A part of him knew that he truly did love her. Indeed, he coveted her. She was his sun, a beacon in the darkness of his soul, but a beacon is nothing more than a flame. This flame was devouring him, swallowing him whole, and he was helpless to resist, did not want to. He was a beast, but she saw only beauty. A sigh rolled from his lips. He knew he needed to escape this, for just a little while at least. It had been hard to leave her side, even harder not to wake her in the process. His black and white pelt seemed to have melded to her own as he lay with his body curled around her, a silent warning, as well as a way to satisfy his need to be close to her. He watched the males much closer these days, ever since that night. He made sure they knew what was his, one way, or the other. He simply could not help himself.

The day was bright around him, and spring was finally here, however, and the birdsong about him was ever constant, if not annoying. His black rimmed ears twitched now and again, as if he could be rid of the nuisance with a single flick. It was hopeless, but distraction enough. He splashed his face in the stream bed, pleasantly surprised that the waters remained cool. He preferred the mottled browns of winter, and the chilly crisp of fresh snow, with the sky overcast in an ever pressing gloom. It was welcome when compared to the bright and vibrant spring, at least the snows could hide him if he wished it. He found his pelt was less an advantage in the warmer seasons.

His absent-minded annoyances were interrupted, however, when he gave a vague sniff. It had only been brief, as he had not expected there to be anything of interest, but there was another scent on the air. He was not as alone as he previously thought. It wouldn’t have been anything of concern, normally. He knew most, if not all of his pack, but this scent was only vaguely familiar. The wolf dog and her mate came to mind, newcomers to the pack. He’d noted them in the den as he sat up at night, watching the sleeping forms of his brothers and sisters, counting the breaths, noting the dreamers and those who slept restfully. There was little else to do. It occurred to him that he’d never actually spoken to them, and his restless mind seemed pleased to have found the distraction he was looking for. Anything to keep his mind off his troubles. He trotted towards the smell, ears swiveling when he heard the thudding of rapid moving paws. He paused to extend his muzzle, emitting a throaty ‘woof,’ loud enough to be heard. His tail stood straight out from his spine, his ears erect. It was a sign of his station, as well as clear display of his dominance. He was not so easy-going as some of his brothers, and felt such shows were necessary to ensure the pack worked just so.

<style type="text/css">
.aug1cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#a3c9b5; text-shadow:#0f2825 1px 1px 2px;}
.aug1cai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.aug1cai {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#586b6d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/37ajd.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #475d5f; padding:330px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#a9c9c9; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.aug1cai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.aug1cai p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.aug1cai p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
Her body moved with great ease through the terrain, the lands so beautiful and she was becoming more glad she and Ookami chose these lands to call home. So far, it was peaceful and she felt nothing could ruin it. Her eyes locked ahead of her as she began to feel like she was going to tunnel vision and take off at a greater speed than she was now. Before she could break out in a full on run a 'woof' broke her moment of loneliness. She stopped abruptly and turned toward the source, her two toned eyes looking right to the canine, head erect and ears perked intently, but knowing fully well he was an established member and so her tail, out of habit, fell down but did not tuck. His stark yellow eyes were met for a moment with hers, but averted slightly so he didn't feel she was going to challenge him. It was hard for her to remember all of the wolf etiquette her father had taught her, it was almost ran over by all the humanlike living she had taken up from the moment she landed here a few years ago. Still it was coming back to her in waves, the teachings buried within her, but never leaving, and never written over.

She slowly stepped forward, her head lowering slightly and her scent was slowly coming out masking over her normal scent. She wasn't in heat yet, but it wasn't far yet. A matter of hours before she went into the full blown cycle. Still the urges were there, and she was truly a novice in the cycle. Adonia was a female of control despite her shy demeanor, she never let her tongue slip the wrong way--or at least tried not to. She did her best to let no one know how she felt deep down inside. Ookami had won her trust, and if there was a soul that knew her inside out, he would be the first soul to have that privileged.

Coming to a respectable distance to the handsomely coated male, she was now positioned with her head aligned with her shoulders, if not, they were just slightly lower. Her tail still drooped downward, ears still perked. Her eyes moved up to look into his face, but never meeting directly with his eyes. A small smile curved up, and she let her soft voice speak to him, "Hello..I'm Adonia Demos...I believe I've seen you..but we've never actually met..It's nice to meet you.." She felt stupid with how her words came out, but her tail seemed to speak for her nervousness as it gave a nervous wag wafted about her scent that was slowly transforming.
[html]

OOC Not a problem I've been delayed, too. Crazy work schedule this week. Smile

The female stopped suddenly, and came towards him. He watched her warily a moment, noting her posture. Her tail dropped momentarily, but her eyes. He bristled as their gazes met, yellow, and blue, but was spared the need to bare teeth when her pools shifted. There was something strangely alluring about her, it was subtle, yet, but he shifted uncomfortably even as his eyes passed over her curves. He grew strangely stiff-legged, and forced his gaze elsewhere. He was newly mated, and would not have that growing bond destroyed by a lapse in control. Her wagging tail brought another bout of the scent to him, and his breath caught in his throat. It was a moment before he gave a reply, his low rumbling tones huskier due to the increasing allure of her on-coming heat scent. I am Augustus, Epsilon, hunter and defender of New Dawn…and mate to Ciara. He stood tall and proud to carry such a title, adding a short mention of his mate’s name hoping to give the female pause and reason to be cautious around him.

He shifted a bit, even took a step back, hoping that it would distract him from the primal thoughts that began to evade his mind. He was yet to copulate with Ciara, but the urge to do so was growing stronger with each passing day, made even stronger by Adonia’s seductive scent. You are new here. He stated. It was not a question. He was finding words difficult. His eyes lifted to her once again, but were averted quickly. I would be cautious here if I were you. There are many single males in New Dawn, and our Alphess is yet to reach her first cycle. She will not be very tolerant of your presence. If I were you, I would leave the den for a time. He remembered Ciara telling him about Titania’s reaction to her first cycle, how she was chased from the den simply because of her presence. He was sincere in his warning, he did not care how the other females reacted to her, but simply for his own convenience. He was frustrated enough that he’d not yet taken his own mate, to have another beautiful woman radiating her seductive perfume openly did not sit well with him.

He cleared his throat, and allowed his eyes to roam freely about the surroundings, while ignoring her altogether. He needed something to take his mind off the woman and with a short twitch of his ear he half turned, suddenly alert. There was a rustling in the grasses. Adonia, there is a rabbit just over there in those grasses if you are hungry. I could use a snack as well. He stated with a vain hope that the feel of fresh warm blood on his tongue could break his trance.

<style type="text/css">
.aug1cai {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#586b6d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/37ajd.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #475d5f; padding:330px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#a9c9c9; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]
The wolfdog noticed that she had must of not been submissive enough for the other male, his eyes looked as if he was going to nip at her for not showing him more respect. Luckily, she was quick to diffuse the situation by diverting her eyes more from the male's eyes. It was just a few seconds that their eyes had met but it was long enough to teach her a lesson on how sensitive one could be to a small action as eye contact. Her head lifted as he spoke on who he was, also adding he was mated. A smile spread onto her muzzle, "I too have a mate, his name is Ookami." He seemed to need more space and it had not occurred to her that perhaps it was her scent, the same thing that was making her have the anxious energy. Adonia's ears perked as he spoke, his words matter of fact, then he went on about her needing to be careful and how the alphess had yet to hit her cycle. It almost made her wonder if she were to be ashamed of her new scent, her voice spoke out softly,"I don't know why I should be weary of single males...I am taken, and I am sure Ookami wouldn't allow anything to happen to me. I will heed your advice though, I will stay away from the den to avoid any confrontation."

Both their attention went from one another to the sound just a mater of a few yards away. He spoke but already she was ready to go after the prey. Her tail gave a light wag still not entirely aware of just how much her new temporary caused others to become agitated, anxious, and/or agressive in different manners. This was her second heat, her first one was when she was alone and all she did was run around and play and snuggle with her red doggy. Adonia nodded giving Augustus a silent signal that she was ready to proceed with the hunt, it was an exciting moment for her. She couldn't. Wait to have hr first hunt with a fellow pack mate and possibly a meal.
[html]

OOC WC:: 386

The male was never one for in-depth conversation, decidedly not with strange females at the beginning of their cycles. It made him nervous, and he distracted himself with whatever he could find. Birds chirping away in the distance, the sun beams permeating the dew, the way the grasses rustled with a faint breeze. It was all for naught as his sensitive nostrils burned with her aroma. When the rabbit presented itself, he was all too eager to see it perish beneath his paws. He was happy to hear his suspicions brought to light. The golden male was, indeed, her mate. That made things simpler. She would make no further advances, if she was truly intent on her mateship. Ookami. He repeated, feeling the strange word on his tongue. Interesting name. He shrugged, however, and she spoke up again in her soft, alluring voice. Your heat is a powerful thing, I was only cautioning you. I cannot account for the actions of my various other brothers. I am not sure how they would react to… He was about to say someone as lovely as you. but he bit his tongue. Surely it was all due to the presence of her heat scent that made him think such a thing. He was quite content with Ciara, afterall.

He was relieved of expressing anything further when her attention shifted to the rabbit. He, himself lowered to the ground, hunching his muscular body as close to the earth as he deemed possible, though his white and black pelt stood out in contrast to the vibrant spring about them. A black rimmed ear twitched, and he slowly pulled himself to his feet, pending thoughts of a better course of action. She did not stick out quite as much as he and with a brow furrowed he turned to face her. I think it best that you take the lead. He said shortly with a nod in the unsuspecting creature’s direction. I will go a ways off, if you could sneak close enough to startle it into running towards me, I could pick it off quite easily. He was not the best when it came to small game, due to his size mostly, but he was the pack Epsilon, and had a tactical mind. With another he would be far more adept.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
She heard him speak of her mate's name, and she let out a light laugh, "..it is an interesting name...I like it though..it is unique.." Adonia was fond of unique. She liked different and bizarre but she wasn't so shallow to just be mated with Ookami over something so trivial as different and unique. She liked him for his personality and loved him for the attention he gave her. He was gentle, kind, affectionate, and loving. However, it seemed so far and few. She wouldn't let that cause her to be disloyal, and if she had to make it known to the single pack males she would make it a point to say she was loyal. It was the dog in her that made her so loyal and the wolf in her that desired monogamy, so those two combined, Adonia wasn't going to make any moves or allow any male to cause her to be disloyal to her mate...even if she may lead on by mistake. Adonia wasn't the brightest sometimes when it came to body language or verbal cues.

Finally, they were both distracted from her scent to focus on a prey item that was too good to pass up. Augustus went to make the move first and Adonia was right behind him. Before the rabbit decided to bolt Augustus called off his pursuit and nodded for her to go forward, and verbally verified his body lingo. Adonia gave a faint smile then went ahead, she knew the trick he was going for and with her motions caused the rabbit to eye her, focusing on her and not her hunting partner. Her eyes watching with extreme focus that she had only when hunting. It gave him the chance to move into position. Once she was sure he was there, she began to move right of the rodent, then slowly to the left. It was her way to say, if you decide to bolt either direction of her, she was ready to move. Her head was down, aligned with her shoulders, her paws moving slowly and silently, and just when she was a hundred and ten percent sure, she let her hunting and herding skills out. Lunging forward she startled the rabbit to run, then bounded one direction, then the other of the rabbit making it go in Augustus' direction.

It was now all up to him.
[html]

Ooc: Sorry again for the wait, lots of stuff going on lately. WC: 469

Augustus had little to say when she talked of her mate. He simply nodded. Women still vexed him, even his own. The call of heat was a terribly powerful thing, so it was obvious what drew a man to find a woman, but for a female he knew little and less. What did they see in the opposite sex. What did Ciara see in him? It couldn’t have been his social skills. As demonstrated time and again, and for inumerous reasons Augustus was nearly friendless. It didn’t really bother him all that much. He was a simple man, if a bit feral. He was easy enough to please, as long as his traditional beliefs were regarded and respected by his pack mates. He was still a little iffy on dogs, and even more distrustful of coyotes, but the half-breed was polite enough. He felt no offense or displeasure at her presence. She was obedient to say the very least, and loyal enough to her mate to not cause unwanted tension.

The male slipped silently away from the female, as their prey eyed her suspiciously. He knew he had to be quick and quiet to escape it’s notice. Rabbit’s were fidgety things, capable of bolting hopelessly away without even a moment’s notice. He trotted further out into the green, and a little ahead, finally crouching behind a bit of foliage. He would cut it off at a diagonal, and seal its fate. Having a partner was not such a bad thing after all, it at least diverted his attention. With the distance he grew less irritable, and focused on their target, ever watchful of the subtle body signals of the hybrid girl. He was prepared a split second before the female gave chase, and the male tensed his body in reaction, watching, waiting.

The pursuit was over in an instant. As soon as the rabbit appeared before him the male was ready with fang and claw he pounced upon the creature with all his weight while his teeth darted for its throat. Once he had purchase he squeezed until he felt the gush of first blood upon his tongue. The scent of blood and gore washed away everything else, and with his muzzle stained red up to his cheeks he let the thing loose from his jaws and reached down to tear a chunk of its flesh. He did not thank the woman, did not motion for her to feed. As he was Epsilon it was his right and he began eating without hesitation, finding solace in the tearing of flesh. He ate little, and nudged the rest to her. It was as much thanks as he was going to give with the heat-scent terrorizing him so moments before. It was best to tread the water, not sink further in.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
The male, had his rank for a reason, and it showed as he pursued the rabbit with little effort catching it within reach and rendered it dead with one good bite. She kept a distance seeing his dominance already, Adonia wouldn't dare challenge him, nor would she beg for a chance. Patiently she waited. Her eyes betraying her as she watched him longingly eat. The smell of blood lingered to her nose and she sat immediately, her tongue snaking out to lick her drooling away. She had never had to wait like this and it was her father's discipline keeping her at bay. When she was given permission to dine she didn't hesitate in getting up and coming over, her tail relaxing as she wasn't wanting to tuck her tail, but she wasn't allowing it to be stiff. It was hard, but she did it, ears back, head lowered cautiously as she approached taking the carcass within her jaws and moving back into a laying position.

The prey was still very warm and the taste of sweet iron came to her tongue. Out of habit, hunger, and hormones she let out soft growls as she crushed the frail bones in her molars. Ripping muscle tissue and tendons. It was all too delicious to let anything go to waist..aside from the fur that she was able to avoid, some of it went down though. Her cream and black muzzle stained and nose moist with blood and other moisture naturally found within the creature. Her tail slowly and happily wagging behind her as she perked her ears looking at what else she could pick off that hadn't been taken by her or taken previously by Augustus.

Once there was nothing more she stood a snort coming from her trying to get the fur from her nose. Her paw coming up and wiping at her muzzle, blood staining her cream leg. Her nose inspect the blood stain and licked lightly at it, then at her nose, and muzzle. Her two-toned eyes looking up to him, tail wagging again, "Thank you, Augustus.."