limping back
His ribs ached, the cuts on his body were itching and painful. The deepest, the butterfly carved into his shoulder, was the most painful. He had bathed in a cold stream, and shifted to his secui form to hurry home. The shifting had been painful, but he needed to return, he needed to get back quickly. He needed to tell Skye, and he needed to check on Myrddin. He shouldn't have left. He let out a howl as he crossed the borders, an urgent call for the leader of the D'arte lands. He trembled as exhaustion caused his vision to go grey again, but he forced himself to keep moving, despite the burning in his chest, despite the pain from his ribs and his cuts. He didn't know if the capitana would meet him half way, or if she would miss his call, so he kept running, kept moving towards Thornbury. A stumble, and the white secui tumbled to the ground, yelping as his body hit hard sending another jolt of pain through him. He dragged his body to his feet, his movement slower but still hasty. Urgency drove him on. He was scared Liam would come here, would harm the pack, would harm Myrddin.
[html]
<style> @import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Alegreya+SC);</style>Skye Collins
Word Count :: 000 Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.

The female heard the urgent call from Taliesin and all thoughts dropped from her mind as she rushed to answer the call. Her dagger buried deep in its sheath across her waist, she spent no time wasting to get it on; it always was, just in case. The call was urgent, meaningful - hoping desperately that there was no threat to the pack, she rushed to where she heard the call from the white Protettore. What had happened?

Leaves crunched and the ground beat underneath her feet, her breath deep and her nose working hard to identify where Taliesin was. There! She steered herself towards where the scent was - his scent mixed with the salty, acrid tang of blood's smell fusing in the air. Wrinkling her nose and snarling, she broke through the undergrowth and finally found the white male in his Secui form, limping.

"Taliesin!" she said, drawing her dagger and immediately assuming a defensive position, ready to take on any enemy. Her ears were alert, her nose sharp and her tail lashing. Not scenting any others except for Taliesin, she focused on him and recoiled; he was bloody and beaten, clearly maimed by someone. "What happened? Why are you hurt? Do you need help?"

Your the only one who saves me from myself, I abandoned this love and laid it to rest, And now I'm one of the forgotten

Image courtesy of auensen

<style>
.GR2_Skye3 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_Skye3 b {font-family:verdana; color:#2b4131; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Skye3 {background-color:#d9dccb; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#7a8476; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3425/atable17.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:210px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #7a8476; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Skye3 .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #7a8476; }
.GR2_Skye3 .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Skye3 .lyrics {color:#2b4131; text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:13px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_Skye3 .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#102015; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #7a8476; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
He felt relief as the capitana came to him. Her questions were to be expected, his ears drooping in unconscious submission to the leader. He drew in a ragged pained breath and spoke. "I went to Halifax, hoping to find Sky and bring her home. Instead of her, I met with Liam. He had murdered another wolf. He attacked me. He could have killed me but he didn't and I was afraid he would come here with me unable to fight back. I..." He had to stop, to let a fresh wave of pain pass before finishing his speech. "As for help, it's a lot of cuts, a sore throat, and some broken ribs. I'm not coughing up blood, so nothing punctured my lungs. I think I'll be okay once I'm healed."

Myrddin had also heard his father's call, and had slipped free of Auntie Rosie's vigilant watch to find out where the call had come from. On seeing his father hurt, he raced forward and nuzzled into is dad. Tal dropped his head to nuzzle the brown tipped boy, glad he was okay. Then his gaze lifted back to the Capitana. "He hasn't been here, has he? Everyone is okay? I'm not sure how long I was out...."
[html]
<style> @import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Alegreya+SC);</style>Skye Collins

She listened attentively to the white man, all the while keeping an ear out for any possible intruders. As he began, he told how he was out looking for Sky - but any emotions that she might have felt at the name were immediately dropped when Taliesin mentioned the monster that had murdered an innocent pup, had destroyed part of her family, part of Taliesin's family.

Liam.

Immediately her ears lay flat on her head, and her lips curled back in a ferociously frightening snarl, showing off her dagger-sharp teeth. The words that Taliesin spoke registered, but barely; she let out a low snarl which escalated to a growl - her eyes were narrowed, burning with a fire that would only grow in time.

"LIAM!" she yowled horribly, rage and hate laced in her voice - he had murdered and now he had harmed a pack member. Again. She would have gone, gone to Halifax to track the monster down and murder him, end his pathetic life, destroy every fiber of his being -- if not for the packmate in front of her that needed help, and needed it now. His son, who had arrived due to his father's howl, only affirmed her need to stay here to tend to Taliesin, and she quickly snapped from her rage - although she did not entirely forget it.

Using the adrenaline in her blood and the hot fire in her soul to aid her, she transformed into the Secui form as to aid Taliesin's voyage to Thornbury more easily, where he would be able to rest and be healed. She sidled up to Taliesin, attempting to wedge herself partly underneath him. "Support yourself some under me," she said gruffly. "I'll help you get back to Thornbury where you can rest and heal." The male was heavier than her, but she could support a large part of him to help him to the short distance to the d'Arte town.

Your the only one who saves me from myself, I abandoned this love and laid it to rest, And now I'm one of the forgotten

<style>
.GR2_Skye3 b {font-family:verdana; color:#2b4131; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Skye3 {background-color:#d9dccb; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#7a8476; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3425/atable17.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:210px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #7a8476; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Skye3 .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #7a8476; }
.GR2_Skye3 .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Skye3 .lyrics {color:#2b4131; text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:13px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_Skye3 .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#102015; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #7a8476; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
His legs trembled as she snarled Liam's name. Myrddin took a few little steps back as the capitana started to move under his father. Tal started to protest as she took some of his weight on her. His tail tucked but he allowed his body to rest some weight on her. The press of his ribs was uncomfortable, and he stifled a gasp as they began the trek back to Thornbury, Myrddin close to them. As he caught his breath, he spoke quickly. "Thank Rhiannon Liam hasn't been here, then." As the house he shared with his son neared, now free of Sky's skull decorations, he slowly began to disengage his weight from the leader. He started up the steps, then eased his body to the wooden porch to catch his breath again. His dual colored eyes looked back to the capitana, then darted to his son. "Go get the red pouch with the willow bark, Myrddin."

The pup dashed into the house to do as his father asked. They had been working on the boy's knowledge of herbs. He was an avid learner as his father had been. Tal returned his troubled gaze to the leader. "I'm sorry... I would have killed Liam, but he was stronger than me." He began licking at the knife wounds on his foreleg, beginning to clean the blood off.
[html]

Her anger ebbed away, and she altered herself so that she was supporting Taliesin by his stomach and center of the chest, attempting to avoid harming his ribs any further. As he made his comment about Liam, she simply nodded; he hadn't been here, for if he had, he would be dead, killed by the hands of the wiry creamy alpha female that carried her Protettore across the lands now.

She allowed him to walk up the steps of his house, which now were absent of the horrid skulls that Sky had decorated the yard with. Skye had allowed her to keep them, as she did not wish to regulate the beliefs of her members, but she could not ever help but feeling a sense of foreboding when she passed by there - as if she were passing Inferni itself, and the skulls of its wolf victims it spiked on sticks. Now, however, Taliesin lay on his front porch, the hard wood and stone seeming uncomfortable against him; as he sent his son to fetch him some willow bark, Skye shifted back to her Optime form and looked at Taliesin inquiringly.

She shook her head as he apologized for not killing the murderer. "I don't blame you, Taliesin - I don't doubt his strength, either." She looked at him more closely, inspecting his wounds and the breaks in his skin. "Is there anything I can do to relieve the pain?"

<style>
[/html]
He finished cleaning the worst of the blood from the wounds on his foreleg. He debated on shifting again, but dismissed the idea, knowing his ribs had to knit up more unless he wanted to risk one puncturing his lungs or other vitals. One, maybe two weeks. As Myrddin brought the bag, the pale scholar slid a few strips of bark from the bag using the less injured paw and then lifted it into his mouth, chewing it slowly. His mismatched gaze lifted to the leader again, the physical pain shadowing his eyes. "There isn't too much to be done except resting. I don't dare shift again just yet, for fear a rib could puncture my lungs. If Sky were here I'd have her bandage my chest to keep the ribs from being further damaged...." He paused, then pushed forward. "It would need to be changed every few days for a week or so... I hate to ask, but could you? Myrddin could show you where we keep the clean bandages for these kind of things..."
[html]

Again she cursed that Sky had abandoned them; the only other healer in the pack who wasn't Taliesin, who was now hurt. It couldn't be helped, however, and she nodded when Taliesin asked her to bandage him and change them every few days; it was no burden to her, for helping her packmates was her sworn duty. And Taliesin wasn't just her packmate; he was her friend, and she would help in any way she could.

"Of course," she said. Then, she looked to Taliesin's small pup, who led the way to the bandages that the healer kept in his house. Always there, just in case of an emergency; she felt a surge of fondness as she grasped the bandages in her dexterous fingers and walked back to the porch where the white male lay. "I have the bandages," she said. "How should I apply them?"

<style>
[/html]
The pale medic climbed to his feet slowly, wincing as he put weight on the leg with the knife wounds. "They need to be wrapped around my chest, mostly. The ribs that are broken are the ones just below my heart. They need to be tight enough to keep them from being further damaged, but loose enough not to constrict my breathing. Don't worry if I cringe, whine, or yelp. No matter how gentle you would be, even a fly touching my ribs is going to be uncomfortable." His voice was laced with dry humor under the instructive tones. He glanced at his son, who's eyes were the match of his own. "Pay attention, Myrddin."

He hesitated, then spoke to the capitana again. "After this I'll need some water boiled for a tea to stave off infections. I wish I hadn't shifted to secui, but it was the quickest way to get back... I'm sorry I'm going to be such a time drain." He offered her a wry smile as she began to wind the bandages around him. Again, he cursed his mate for leaving them. If she hadn't left, he wouldn't have been looking for her, and he wouldn't have been attacked by the beastly Liam.
[html]

She wordlessly began and finished wrapping the bandages as he carefully instructed her along the way; finally, although it seemed painful, she was sure that he knew what he was doing, and that the bandages would prevent him being injured even further. Then, after going inside his house to set some water to boil for the tea, she came back outside and sat beside Taliesin on the steps of the porch, her in her Optime and him in his Secui.

"You're not a time drain, Taliesin - you have stood by us when very few others have." She thought of his mate, how she had left them - and then remembered why he had gone to Halifax in the first place. "How are you doing, Taliesin?.. I know that it must be hard, for your mate to leave with two of your own children. It seems so... cruel," she said quietly, looking out on Thornbury. She wanted him to know that if he needed help, he could tell her, could confide in her - although she could not bring Sky back, she could speak with one of the most loyal members of the pack, and try to help comfort him in this dark time.

<style>
[/html]
He felt relief as she finished wrapping the bandages around him. While the process hurt, having a steady pressure on them eased the hurt somehow. He didn't lay back down yet, watching Myrddin digging at the roses and the other flowers he had planted for Sky. It seemed like everything was a painful reminder of the now absent mate. Her words brought to mind the conversation he'd had with Hotaru just days ago.,

"It hurts that she took Cody and Lena, but I'm more worried about Myrddin. She told him to tell me she was leaving. She took his siblings, and left him behind. I worry more about him than myself. I worry about the effect this will have on him. He's a brilliant boy, quick to learn, but the disappearance of his mother and siblings have left a definite mark on him." He shook his head.

"I just don't understand why she had to leave us. I told her everything about my parents and their past, their infidelities, their mistakes. I told her I wouldn't repeat their mistakes. She swore she would stay with me, stay my mate for all our lives. And she still walked away." He shrugged, wincing as the butterfly shaped wound on his shoulder pulled.
[html]
Word Count :: 000 poor myrddin :<

She too watched as Mydrinn dug around and played with the flowers - he seemed like a healthy pup, a happy one, but ultimately one that had been abandoned by his mother. She thought back to when she had her own pups - when they were as young as the pup Taliesin had, she would never have abandoned them, would never have allowed them out of her sight. She would never have left them, never have forced them to live a life without a mother. And yet... Sky had.

"He will be alright," she said quietly as the pup ran around, playing in delight. "His mother has left us.. but he still has his father and his pack. He is a wonderful child, and he is strong." It was true - the puppy hadn't questioned Taliesin's orders when he had to be healed, he did not break at the sight of his father, beaten and bloody. He was a strong one, and would grow to be a wonderful wolf, just as his father was.

"I don't know either. She.. was always very dominant. Especially after I named her a Council member, she was dominant, threatening, even.. it may have been a mistake. Perhaps she sought her dreams elsewhere." Sometimes promises are broken. She did not know why the singing female had abandoned her pack after making resolves - both to Skye and to Taliesin - to stay, to help d'Arte, to stay with her mate and help them raise their family. Her mind flashed back to Shawchert; how he, too, had been mates with her, but she had left him as well. It was a sad thing, a terrible thing, a broken promise. She did not mean to insult the white man with her words - simply attempted to provide an explanation, a reason, a rhyme for why Sky had broken her promises, had left the lands she used to belong to. The leader sat in silence with Taliesin, allowing the slight breeze to blow her hair.

<style>
[/html]
He smiled wryly as she spoke about Myrddin. "Mother believed in reincarnation. I'm sure she would believe that he is my namesake, reincarnated. She made it sound like Taliesin, the bard of her birth tribe, was a strong male. He had to be to take on the only survivor of the litter. Her father was killed by a bear, her mother died in child birth. Her siblings contracted some mystery disease around Myrddin's age. And he raised mother as if she were his own." Through the pain, pride in his heritage -at least his mother's side- shined through in his voice.

Skye's words of Sky seeking her dreams elsewhere stung deeply and somehow rang true. "Once she spoke of a Sanja... we were fighting. I always wondered if... if she were being unfaithful. I have never been unfaithful, I wouldn't follow in mother and Lucifer's steps in that way." His eyes were unfocused now, as if he were watching his past play out on the clouded sky. "I want to hate her for this, but I can't. She gave me too much joy in the short time we were together."

His eyes focused on the boy who raced into the house, then raced back out, yipping about the water. He named off a few herbs for the woman helping to steep into tea. "There is a big wooden bowl in the cupboard" He followed Myrddin into the house so he could tell the leader exactly which herbs he wanted. A sharp stitch in his side made him flinch and he crawled onto the couch to rest while he waited for his herbs.