What was your name?
[html]

Itachi is stalking the south-eastern border.

The reasons for his presence were many.

Had he been a creature that cared, light currents of salt and ash would likely have triggered a distant, buried homesickness. But it wasn’t so, and Itachi never turned to glance behind and into the past. This place could have been part of him once, as much as he could have been a part of it, but his disability to function within the group had forced them to send him away. A year and more had passed since he lost his right to the Lykoi name, and almost exactly a year had passed since he had been here last. Today’s agenda did not include passing the well marked borders. His black and crimson cloaked form would remain outside of the coyote clan’s claim; a shadow in the dimming evening with eyes that searched for a relative.

The young male had taken care to scrub his coat clean of heavy scents, but he remained recognizable to those who knew him. There were a multitude of strangers’ scents, and he doubted any of them would realize who he was despite the evidence that could be found in his appearance, if one knew where to look. The glorious red eye shade from the Kimaris line was clouded with artist’s purple from his rapist father, and his mother’s exotic, coppery hues had given way for rich blonde instead. The traditional splash of colour across the top of his muzzle—a traditional trait amongst the Lykois-- was muted, and could be overlooked with ease. But his dark cloak with the deep red chaos stars would openly state where he came from--he should have left it behind when he left Salsola. There was no part of him that belonged to the clan any longer.

The voice within his head had fallen silent again, as so often nowadays. However, the golden Salsolan was certain that he would know when he found the smiling skull he was looking for.

<style type="text/css">
.itachi-x01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.itachi-x01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.itachi-x01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.itachi-x01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... achi-1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 100px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC herpderp? / +yo numbah!

The blonde woman did not know what possessed her to be out this late, or this close to the borders. Maybe it was just a feeling that she needed to be there that had drawn her out of her room, or maybe it was the need to roam. Anyways, the darkening evening was quiet and nice, though chilly. The ball of sunfire wore a dark cloak that evening, lined with white rabbit fur. After she made an identical one for the pale merchant Amy, she had felt it was appropriate for her to wear one as well. The evenings chill had not pierced through the cloak, and she felt warm, and safe. Her long blonde hair cascaded over the inky black of the cloak as she walked, looking much like a fallen angel.

As she neared the border, she was ever alert to movements around her. There had been news of an intruder close to the borders and since then she had kept her hands close the bone dagger strapped to her thigh, feeling that she did not need it but for safetys sake she carried it anyways. The smell of death floated over her as she grew closer and closer to the gruesomely decorated land claim, ears perked and eyes alert. A different scent was mixed in with the smell of decay, and at once she grew suspicious. Quickening her pace she walked right to the edge of the border, lingering for just a moment before stepping over the skulls of past foes.

Her heart quickened when she caught sight of them, anger at someone coming so close to their borders flowed through her veins before it was quelled when the designs of the well-known Lykoi chaos star caught her eye in the fading light, the bright crimson direct contrast to the inky black of his cloak. For a moment, she was at a loss for words, and simply stared at him with mis-matched eyes silently, the dark brown pockets beneath them making them seem bright and glittery. Who was he? " Who are you, and why do you come so close to Inferni borders. " Her tone was meant to come out commanding, dominant, but it just wasn't there. Her voice was gentle, and questioning.

<style type="text/css">
.embe1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e6dff1; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #0a0611; }
.embe1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.embe1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#c8bfd6; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/SnkSK.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 167px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c526b; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.embe1 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.embe1 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

--

The Salsolan’s slender form found stillness as sunset eyes caught hold of someone else of his species. Blonde locks accompanied by a dark cloak she had wrapped around her smaller frame. It made the two of them seem slightly similar, though both were strangers to one another. This woman had not lived within these lands at the same time as he had. She had right to be careful and distrustful, for he remembered well that it was not uncommon for trouble doers to seek out the skull-lined borders of the clan. Were these issues still present today? With the exception of the single raid that had hit Salsola, his own pack was left alone most of the time, he knew.

Ears laced with soft golden fur perked to listen to the words she spoke before they flattened slightly with one of several incoming expressions of submission. The banished Prince of Inferni had not come her to cause trouble for his bloodline. ”I am Itachi,” he said, granting her truth rather than a lie. Gloriously hued eyes took note of a mismatched set of eyes before they travelled away from her form and down the row of dead skulls. ”I am looking for my grandfather.” He had first been threatened, then forced to promise he would retrieve an object from this place, and he believed he would find it here, somewhere.

The Lykoi’s head bowed slightly in her direction, courteously. ”It is not my intention to cause any trouble, M’lady.” His face remained serene and unchanging, as always.

<style type="text/css">
.itachi-x01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.itachi-x01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... achi-1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 100px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Relief claimed her features as the wheat-colored male introduced himself, though lacking a last name. No bother, some were simply born into this would without a family name to call their own. Enemies didn't usually introduce themselves, so she allowed herself to relax some. " I am Emmanuelle Brenna. " She replied simply, though he didn't request her name. It was a common courtesy exchanged by strangers. At his next speech her eyes widened slightly in surprise, though she calmed herself and the emotion left her face as soon as it had shown up. " Grandfather? " She repeated quietly, several questions coming to mind.

The yearling was pleased with the politeness shown, the subtle respect he gave her was appreciated and noted though she felt she didn't quite yet deserve it. The tirones was nothing more then a subordinate trying to find her place within the great Inferni, and she was having trouble finding a rank to rise into. God knows she was around these borders enough, maybe she should take Vesper's offer and train more in that tier. Realizing a few moments had gone passed since he last spoke, she smiled quickly and looked at the skulls instead, troubled by his reason for being here.

" Why is your grandfather among these skulls, if you don't mind me asking. " She said, her voice low and tinged with a slight bit of pity. The youth had always seen these borders as conquests of past foes, evils that had been vanquished. Her earth and water toned eyes sought out his sunset hues as she waited for his answer, the innocent youth inside her hoping she hadn't offended him at all. It was difficult for her to think that someones grandfather lie here, surely he hadn't been one of the many evil trespassers.. was he?

<style type="text/css">
.embe1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e6dff1; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #0a0611; }
.embe1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#c8bfd6; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/SnkSK.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 167px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c526b; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

--

Her name was as foreign to him as her appearance; she was most definitely a newer member. It was good that Inferni had a flow of fresh blood to their ranks, he supposed. Itachi did not see her eyes widen with impulsive response to his answer for being so close to the clan’s borders, but he was already aware that his reason for being here would be received with confusion—perhaps even suspicion and disbelief. A wordless nod was offered to the younger woman as she simply repeated the useless title of the shadow that haunted him.

Empty pale hands folded before his frame as his eyes continued to roam. The voice was quiet, and it was necessary for him to continue. When her voice rose again, after a few moments of delightful silence, the question was expected. It should be explanatory, but he could understand why she felt she had to ask. His uniquely ruby shaded eyes rose to her mismatched ones, passively, before he started walking again; only a few steps at first, to make it known that it was expected that she would follow. That it, if it was her wish.

”I’d be honoured if you could spare some time to walk with me,” he spoke, gentle yet empty tones reaching out to her. Inferni’s borders had shifted since Haku Soul’s blood had stained this earth, and therefore he was certain that the deceased man’s skull wouldn’t be along the northern borders. Perhaps it was on display further south. ”He was Gabriel de le Poer’s nemesis, once,” Itachi then shared, wondering if this woman would know of the previous leader’s name. ”An enemy to Inferni.” The Lykoi’s blood was rich with darkness of many kinds.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

As the pale hybrid in front of her began to walk, she instinctively followed him, catching up so the pair were side by side. A slight smile graced her face at his request and she nodded silently, accepting. The woman was usually so full of like, vibrant like a rainbow and bright like sunshine yet she felt almost subdued in his presence, she felt that it was not time for her rambunctious youthful behavior just now. A more serious air had enfolded the two, and strangely she enjoyed the quiet silence in which they walked.

His voice broke the silence once more and her head turned, seeking eye contact with her companion. Her expression once more wore confusion, not sure what to make of the situation. If his grandfather was an enemy to the clans founding father, didn't that make him one too? Furthermore, was he even permitted to take the skull of an enemy of Inferni. The youth looked to her left, once more troubled by the questions floating in her mind and she took some time to speak, choosing her words carefully. " I know of Gabriel de le Poer, but I am not sure I know of your grandfather or much of my clans history, unfortunately. " The woman admitted, guilt staining her songbird voice.

It was true, she hadn't had much time since she joined to find someone to talk to about these things and so remained vastly unaware of the history pertaining the heros and villians of her clan. Looking at her companion once more she continued. " Maybe you could tell me a little bit about the conflict between your Grandfather and Inferni? " She asked quietly, continuing to walk with the Lykoi clad male step for step. Maybe through this talk she would be able to find out of the man beside her was a foe or a friend, though with his actions thus far had been pointing to the latter.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

--

The pale male didn’t understand why there seemed to be guilt accompanying the clean tones of her voice. Perhaps she had been here for a long time, perhaps not. Either way, Inferni’s history was rich and lengthy. Itachi had never had the opportunity to study the history of the clan he had been born into, but the Matriarch of Inferni had raised him and entertained him with histories from the past. Itachi had always been a great listener, even as a young child, and he remembered Kaena’s words.

The Salsolan wondered what she thought. It would be easy to assume that the grandfather and the grandson belonged to the same alliance, but it wasn’t so. From what he had learned, Haku had been alone at the very end. When she spoke out with interest, it was not with renewed suspicion—at least not as she could detect. The Inferni female was friendlier than he had dared to expect, and it made him more willing to share information with her. He did not intend to hold any cards too close to his chest, but it would have been easy to conceal everything from her.

”It all happened before I was born,” he started, wishing to underline that this was in no way recent history. Haku Soul deserved to be forgotten. ”Some men only want to see the world burn, and I’ve been told that he was such a man.” or monster, rather. ”Haku Soul was his name. Have you heard of the Dahlian wars?” It was strange to think that history had managed to repeat itself, but there had been two incidents where Haku and Dahlia de Mai had collided and drawn blood and death. He had not been alive to see this, but he had heard stories.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

The coywolf listened intently to the male beside her, keeping her gaze ground level as he began his explanation. Her lips pulled into a tight line as he talked about his grandfathers personality. The yearling was like the sun born into a hybrids body, she was never one for fighting, never one for causing pain. Maybe her and the coyote clan were mismatched in this way, but she could not fathom going out of ones way to cause discord and strife where others strived to live in peace. The coyote clan wasn't one that had peace written all over it, but she had to believe in the good of the others and chose to think the reason the clan was so guarded was because past experiences had painted it this way.

Itachi's next few words confirmed this, as the mention of wars, not one but two arose. Sighing, she shook her head. It pained the gentle soul to hear of heartache, weather it had befallen her home or they had sought it was not clear, but she was sure Itachi would tell her. " No, I have not. I know many conflicts have befallen my home, but I am unfamiliar as to what they are. I am guessing in these wars you mention, he was a part of of them? " She asked, feeling slightly at ease that these were not recent events and his body language and tone did not suggest that he held his grandfather in the highest regard. Fire like that should be stomped out at the earliest possibility, though through peaceful actions instead of ones laced with poison.

The female had heard a bit here and there as she traveled, and she had not heard of any packs with the name ' Dahlian ' so it was safe to assume that either that pack had long since disbanded, was destroyed or resided in a different part of the world, one where the sunny female was safe from. If it came to it, she would fight for her homes safety, but she would need help. The peaceful lovechild had little to no fighting experience.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

--

An ear flicked as the petite creature beside him sighed. Most individuals frowned at conflicts and their casualties, and he supposed he could understand that. But he spoke of the past, and there was nothing to do. But she was connected to the clan in a way that he was not, so he wouldn’t assume he knew her mind and its thoughts. He didn’t look at her, but felt her gentle gaze on him. His eyes continued to scrutinize the area before them, looking for that one, special skull. The girl hadn’t spoken out words of protest to what he intended to do, but when she did, he would be ready to barter. He hadn’t come to the clan’s borders empty handed.

”It’s difficult to be different,” he plainly added, believing that to be one of the prominent reasons why Inferni’s history was so full of conflict. The Dahlian wars were only two of many bloody conflicts the clan had gone through. But they lived and breathed still, and that meant something. Although the man wasn’t known to care, he didn’t wish for the clan’s demise.

”Yes, your guess is correct. Haku led Dahlia against Inferni in both wars, though I do not know his reasons for doing so.” Other than to spread death and chaos. But the blonde man did not speak these words out loud. ”The pack he led eventually turned against him, and he was cast out. He continued harassing the lands for a while before Gabriel finally managed to take his life.” The Lykoi didn’t care to mention that the wolf that had been the leader of the group that had exiled Haku from Dahlia was actually the beast’s son, Itachi’s father.

Perhaps he could have made an attempt to tell the story in more detail, but he was no walking history book either, and telling stories was absolutely not one of his strengths. Sunset gaze turned to the woman; curious to investigate if her face would display her thoughts of what he had said.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
i ramble. :o sorry for the wait. / +yo numbah!

His first statement echoed in her large, chocolate ears. Though the sentence was so simple, it was so true. Was she not going through the same thing? She was among family, her kind, her blood, yet she felt so distant. Many a time she had to remind herself that she was indeed home, that she did belong her, but most days she had been outside the pack lands. The same way she felt alienated, she realized that it rang true for both the coywolf and her pack. Both were different, and it had been difficult for both entities. Just like Inferni, she had a few friends that were willing to watch her back and sooner rather then later she would see just how much.

The woman decided it silently, to stay in her packlands from now on. The borders teemed with coyote scent, the smell hanging heavily in the air. She could only pick one or two out of the many scent trails, and her resolve was to meet all of them. Her attention was re-focused as he spoke, her gaze landing at his feet, following his steps with her eyes as well as her own. Lifting her mis-matched gaze to his warm shaded hues she smiled grimly at him, a humorless sort of expression. " I'm glad.. " Her voice trailed off as she considered his words, eyes looking out in front of her as she clasped her hands behind her back.

Pale shades of pink and purple streaked across the horizon that lay in front of the two, and her eyes began to adjust to the impending darkness. The colors were barely visable, and the stars that followed the moon hung lazily in the sky, as if they hadn't really woken up yet, not quite ready to reclaim the night. Her and Itachi were on different sides of the cutting blade, as far as she was aware. He might not totally approve of his grandfathers actions, but yet he was here seeking out his skull for unkown reasons. While at first she did not verbally question his actions, as they traveled farther and farther down it was biting at the back of her mind.

Turning her gaze to him once more, her eyebrows drew close together as she almost looked concerned, and then she smoothed them out again. " Itachi.. " She began, her tone unsure. It almost felt wrong to question him. " I am not sure I can let you remove a skull from our borders, especially since he was a great enemy of Inferni. "

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]