A Peregrine Mendicant
[html]

Wander

On the move.

Wander was almost always on the move, the action of habitual nature driven by the instinct to survive. Cloak was pulled up onto her crown, left hand tapped about with a cane as to avoid tripping on obstacles, and the Dampwoods were a labyrinth. Jade sights attempted their best to look about, only catching blurred outlines and faint smudges of fading light. Carefully, she tapped around for a clear area, pushing objects aside to make room for herself, and the doe set down her belongings. Her fire-and-charcoal feathered companion fluttered back from his hunt for insects, as if on cue, to watch her set up a little camp for herself. A soft sigh hissed from between her teeth.

Looks like we won't be going any further today, Gamble. She spoke with a quiet calculation to her hooded pitohui, hark falling back as she attempted to start herself a fire, without much success for several minutes. Once her goal was achieved, she dusted her hands off on her cloak, feeling discomforted by the layer of filmy dirt on her fingers. Meticulously, she smoothed out her blanket a small ways from the fire before sitting back, basking in the slight warmth it offered.

<style type="text/css">
.wand1ct b {font-weight:bold; color:#83a3bb; text-shadow:#261b31 1px 1px 2px;}
.wand1ct p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.wand1ct {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#4e3b58; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Ztm1t.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #452e51; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#9e8da7; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.wand1ct .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.wand1ct p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.wand1ct p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
12[html]
Word Count :: 500 OOC: Hope you don't mind me jumping in. Jiva is in his lupus form Smile and Tobias isn't seen right now he's hiding up in the trees ^^

Jiva had stuck to his homelands and lay quiet for some time now. Yet he was feeling off, distant, though he did not know why. Perhaps it was because he was missing his family, his parents for sure, but maybe he needed to see his grandparents and uncles and aunts. The ones he left behind in Cour des Miracles, so that was the reason the young man was out today of all days following an invisible path through the dampwoods. He went at a leisurely path because he lived for the moment and he knew no one was really waiting for him so detours were always welcome. In this case it had been Tobias who had given him a sharp detour. The redtail hawk had spotted something he wanted and Jiva followed, soon noting it had been a beaver he had been after. One that was out and about getting ready to repair any damage its home had gotten over the winter. Jiva had the feeling the animal wouldn’t need worrying about that any time soon. He watched not wanting to help in this hunt as the hawk was capable of doing it all himself.

Tobias was indeed a master hunter as the beaver didn’t see him coming. In a rush of feathers the animal was pinned to the ground where the hawk grabbed a hold of the large animal and took off with it in his talons. Jiva had seen this tactic before as the hawk flew up over ten feet before the beaver struggled free and it landed hard on the ground. Jiva knew that the animal was dead and he moved over to see the result. He would let the hawk eat his food in the meantime Jiva stood guard while the bird ate his fill. Once Tobias was finished Jiva had what he wanted though he wasn’t that hungry, he wouldn’t have to eat for some time thanks to the hawk.

By the time the young man had finished dusk had set in and he was without a place to rest and be safe. Hurrying through the trees he tried to find an unused den for himself to hide in during the night. That was when he saw the sparks. Quietly moving forward he noted a wolf near him. She looked a bit older than him but he watched quietly before he noted the bird close to her. It was so pretty and exotic at least to his young eyes. He had never seen anything like it before! Taking a tentative step forward he made a noise with his throat to show her he was there.

“Hello, I hope i’m not bothering you but I saw your fire and couldn’t help but be attracted to it.”

The young wolf said. He gave her a pleasant smile, hoping he was more welcome than not but he was sure that so far many wolves have not taken to his appearance unkindly.

ONE LAST KISS, BEFORE I GO. DRY YOUR TEARS, IT IS TIME TO LET YOU GO

Image courtesy of Ed Gaillard

<style>
.GR2_JivaHawk p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk b {font-family:verdana; color:#bfc3c2; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk {background-color:#3a3937; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#2c2a2b; line-height:12px; width:450px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/639/jivetable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #2c2a2b; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #2c2a2b; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .name {text-align:center; font-family:Simonetta; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .lyrics {color:#edeff4; text-align:center; font-family:Fresca; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #2c2a2b; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]
[html]

OOC: I don't mind it at all! <: Pardon my short posts, though D: I'm just getting back into the swing of rp-ness ;u; So I'm rusty and have dinky replies.

Wander Huxley was downright surprised to hear someone address her, and she jumped a bit, a hand over her chest as a startled sound squeaked from her. Gamble, her bird, perked up a bit with the sound, wings flapping a bit in his own act of shock. The femme looked over, barely able to make out the blurred outlines of a young Lupus, and she gave a tiny breath to relax, lips tugging into a relieved smile.

Oh, well, it's nothing, the doe stammered in slight. You're not bothering me, I promise.

Jade sights squinted faintly, her somewhat good eye struggling to see his smudgy form.

If you don't mind me asking, though, would you mind coming closer to the light? My eyes... she attempted to explain, waving a hand in front of her face, the white cataract catching the fire's light, her other pupil cloudy and a dim, dark navy in hue. Silvery tipped hark perked up a bit as she looked to Gamble, who's orange outlines were unsteadily wavering back and forth, the songbird stanch in his protective ways. She offered her gauze-bandaged right hand to hold the venomous hooded pitohui, and he gladly hopped on, still sizing up this stranger with his small cardinal-red gaze.

<style type="text/css">
.wand1ct {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#4e3b58; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Ztm1t.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #452e51; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#9e8da7; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 000 OOC: no problems sorry for the delay and the crap post, having trouble lately Sad

Jiva cringed at the wolf jumping. Maybe he had been too quiet? He was confused when she calmed a little and squinted at him. Jiva had never been near a blind or near blind wolf before.
Everyone he knew had perfect vision so to hear her words came to a shock to him as she moved her hand over her eyes. Jiva bit his lip and moved forward, not sure how to react to this. He watched her as she calmed the bird and he moved closer steadily, not wanting to scare the bird as he knew birds were not fighters, at least song birds, they fled at the sound or sight of danger.

“Are, are you alright? Your hand, is it hurt?”

He asked motioning his head to her hand.

“I’m sorry, my name is Jiva, Jiva Takekuro. I’m from the pack New Dawn.”

He said he felt rude not introducing himself right away. He sat on his haunches close to the fire, now at a loss for words, he was yearning for interaction, yet he had not talked for a while now and it seemed he would have to ease his way back into everything.

ONE LAST KISS, BEFORE I GO. DRY YOUR TEARS, IT IS TIME TO LET YOU GO

Image courtesy of Ed Gaillard

<style>
.GR2_JivaHawk p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk b {font-family:verdana; color:#bfc3c2; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk {background-color:#3a3937; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#2c2a2b; line-height:12px; width:450px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/639/jivetable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #2c2a2b; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #2c2a2b; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .name {text-align:center; font-family:Simonetta; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .lyrics {color:#edeff4; text-align:center; font-family:Fresca; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #2c2a2b; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]
[html]

I'm gonna scale back this thread ;u; When is good for you~?

The dame relaxed further as the stranger approached without a single hint of malicious intent, and her gentle smile broadened in faint. Wander was one who craved conversation, especially when she found herself in good company.

"Are, are you alright? Your hand, is it hurt?”

My hand? Oh, no, it's fine. I wear it so I can hold Gamble here, she replied nonchalantly, gesturing to the songbird next to her. He's called a hooded pitohui. They have this kind of toxin on their skin, so the gauze helps block it.

Wander paused for a moment more, raking her brain for an idea for a conversation, slender form leaning back a little as her maw turned upwards to stare at the treetops, face pensive.

“I’m sorry, my name is Jiva, Jiva Takekuro. I’m from the pack New Dawn.”

Jiva? Jiva, kek. It's good to meet you, I'm Wander Huxley. I'm... Well... A wanderer, her attention was drawn back down, that milky gaze turned on the smudged form of Jiva. What brings you around here, Jiva?

Wander rather enjoyed that name. Jiva. It was fun to say, tripped off of the tongue, so to speak. Her mind meandered faintly as she thought that over, before it returned, realizing it would be rude to space out with a guest in her midst.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]