Insomniac's Lullaby
[html]

Sorry about my lack of activity. schools been. . . stressful lately. Word Count: 340!

Shanta rolled awake, rubbing her eyes and yawning. She stretched out and then stood up. She made her way outside and stood in the moonlight. Her brown fur shone in the slivery light, her eyes reflecting the glowing orb. The breeze ruffled her hair and she pulled it back into a ponytail. Shanta was finding it harder and harder to sleep through the night. Often, she woke up in the middle of the night, too restless to fall back asleep. She would go out for walks in the nearby forest, but tonight, she yearned for something more.

She walked aimlessly around, her feet taking her places her mind wasn't registering. Before she knew it, she was walking into the stables and down the small walkway. She tilted her head and played with her hair. Shanta's feet took her to her favorite mare, Belle. The mare approached her, sniffing and nuzzling her hand. She rubbed the mare's forehead and then grabbed reins. She put the headstall over Belle's head and threw the reins over her neck. Shanta walked the large grey mare out of the stables and into the fields. She easily threw her leg over Belle's back and gave her a slight squeeze, Belle began to walk on towards the woods.

Shanta enjoyed her slow ride for a while, but then the restless feeling took over her and she
leaned into Belle. Belle immediately took off on a trot and then up to a gallup. Shanta smiled as the wind whipped her face and the trees passed by her. Belle and Shanta moved as one between the trees in the dark night. Shanta grasped the reins, though they weren't really doing anything. Finally Shanta relaxed her legs and sat up slightly, this caused Belle to slow to a trot. She patted the mare as they came up to a small river. She dismounted and crouched to scoop up some cool water. A crunching sound made her tense up, but as she tasted the air, she relaxed. It was another AniWayan.

<style type="text/css">
.darkred-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.darkred b {font-weight:bold; color:#866d68; letter-spacing:1px}
.darkred p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.darkred {margin:0 auto; background-color:#190100; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/ixr3py.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#433535; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #150400; margin:0 auto;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

coding © TEARS,BONES&DESIRE. So sorry about this; I just thought it'd be uber funny Big Grin And I changed the writing to black because you can hardly read it :<

Frodo Silvertongue

It was not a particulary surprising instance that had Frodo curled up, asleep, in the stables rather than his usual hut. After the journey outside of AniWaya to hunt for more game, he had gotten used to sleeping side by side his favourite companion. Like the old days, where Strider and he had gone out on nomadic adventures, sleeping here and there, not knowing what daybreak would bring. Life was far more controlled out in the pack. There was a set routine Frodo would keep to; and though Strider was happy living in the stables with so many horses to keep him company, Frodo himself was considerably lonely in his stuffy little hut. And so for comfort, last night he had curled up against the great white flank of the stallion, and fallen asleep in the hay.

When Frodo awoke, it was not dawn, like he usually woke at. Instead it was still night, and the stable was dark except for a steak of light where the barn door had been opened a crack. Who had came into the stables at this time at night? Baffled, the two year old sat bolt upright, scratching his ginger mane with loose fingers, and pulling himself into a crouch. The stench of horses and hay overpowered his own wolfish musk, so the stranger mustn't have smelt him as she loosed a gray mare and walked off to ride in the dark. Curious, Frodo shook his stallion awake and proceeded to follow Shanta and Belle, quickly mounting and walking out of the stables. He hadn't smelt the stranger before- suppose she was stealing one of the communal horses?! A low growl rose in his throat at this thought, and to make sure the girl knew she was not being followed, he waited a while before following pursuit.

After a while, altering his pace constantly to keep up with her, he noticed she stopped by a river. This was his chance. He waited until the thief started to take a drink, and then he leapt off his horse, drawing Sting - his sword - out in front of him. Yer'll never get away with it, yer hear?!?! he proclaimed, taking a step forward, wielding the sword in a dramatic manner. I know what yer up to, trinket, and yer can stop right now, missy! Frodo commanded, not knowing the poor female had just wanted to ride into the night rather than steal the horse away. No stealing horses on my watch!

<style>
.freetable-b02 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.freetable-b02 b {color:#AFC7C7;}
.freetable-b02-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #AFC7C7; margin:0px auto;}
.freetable-b02-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#AFC7C7; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.freetable-b02-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz12 ... _Stock.jpg); height:300px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#F1AA58;}
.freetable-b02-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-b02 {background-color:white; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F1AA58; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#AFC7C7; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 260!

Shanta stood and faced the young male. She knew him, this was Frodo Silvertongue, and though they hadn't properly met, Shanta had seen him around. She didn't fear him, but he was wielding a sword, so she took up a defensive stance. Her stance broke when she noticed that Belle had been frightened. Shanta kept her eyes on the young dark male as she made her way to the mare. She whispered to the mare and patted her neck, soothing Belle back to a calm state. “What are you doing?” she spat at him, her eyes full of anger. “Are you so foolish you would frighten a horse in this type of dark?” She shook her head and then looked at Frodo again, piercing him with daggers. “I'm not stealing her, if you would use your nose you would know that I am AniWayan.” Her words were coming out sharp and quick, so unlike herself.

Shanta had changed a lot in the past few months. She didn't blame him for not recognizing her, she had been gone for almost ten months. Her silver eyes went up to the moon, the look of the half moon, the breeze, her mare, all calming her. Her eyes, now a more calm blue looked at him. “I am quite sorry for disturbing your night. I didn't think anyone was in the stables.” She walked away from the mare and the boy to a tree, sitting back against it. Her eyes stayed on his sword, though, keeping track of it's movement.

<style type="text/css">
.darkred-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.darkred {margin:0 auto; background-color:#190100; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/ixr3py.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#433535; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #150400; margin:0 auto;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

word count; 322

Frodo Silvertongue

Frodo watched as Shanta took up a defensive stance before completely blanking him to go comfort Belle. Frodo felt a little guilty for startling the horse, but none the less, he held his ground. He was protecting the honour of his pack! And then he raised his eyebrows slightly as her first comeback included her sticking up for the horse, rather than complaining about his nasty-looking sword. Not to mention the bow and arrows on his shoulder. I uh..! he started, trying to find something terribly witty to say, and then he came up short when her next comment flew into the air. Oh. he finished, eyes intense. Oh, oh dear.

The man quickly put his sword back in it's sheath and frowned, taking a step closer with his arms held in the air in surrender, showing her he now meant no harm. Leaning his head forwards, he inhaled, and realised she smelt faintly of the pack. And he cursed himself mentally, fingers forming frustrated fists. He'd made a fool out of himself. I'm sorry... I didn't realise, sovereign spade...don't go all ash an' oaks on me. but he had to admit; You hardly smell AniWayan, though. Been away? Lost under-the-neath of the sea? Drunk all the rum? he asked, placing a hand on his hip. And then he finally shrugged at her words, knowing it wasn't her fault. It's all-righty. he yawned, grinning sheepishly.

At this point, the white stallion Strider took a step closer. He snorted and let out a loud shriek of a neigh, catching the scent of the mare Belle. Whether she was spayed or not, he still got frisky. Frodo let slip something that sounded like "oh no", before pushing his shoulder against the great stallion to stop him from coming any closer. Grumpily, Strider stood still for his master, but couldn't help letting a bit of flirty low-speech run from his mouth in the direction of Belle.

<style>
.freetable-b02-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#AFC7C7; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.freetable-b02-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz12 ... _Stock.jpg); height:300px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#F1AA58;}
.freetable-b02-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-b02 {background-color:white; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F1AA58; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#AFC7C7; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 300!

Shanta sighed and let all the anger from her body exit into the earth around her. She was becoming more and more calm until the stud let out a loud neigh. Shanta jumped to her feet, moving to Belle's side. As Frodo put the stud back into place, she let out a laugh. She led Belle to the opposite side of the clearing, letting the mare graze and roll as she pleased. “Don't worry too much, Belle can handle herself.” Her voice came out light and full of laughter. She loved horses and their behaviors, so much like men of all species. She patted the mare and leaned into her smooth coat. Breathing in the familiar scent, she let her arms wrap around the large grey neck. After a short a, she release and kissed Belle's neck. Finally, she turned around to face Frodo once again.

“To answer your earlier question,” she started off, her eyes trailing back to Frodo. She took in his distinctive scent and physique. “My scent is weak because I have been gone for a while.” Her mind made an ID stamp of him so that she could recall him if needed. She made her way back to her tree and plopped down. “I only just returned from my. . . trip.” Her voice trailed off as her mind spun with all the changes. Liliana was gone, Dawali was gone, Ayasha was gone. Everyone she knew. . . gone. She wondered what had happened, but she had yet to ask anyone. Maybe tonight she might get answers, if Frodo had been present for the past year. She wished so desperately she hadn't left, that her heart hadn't pulled her away. The restless feeling was one she would learn to put up with.

<style type="text/css">
.darkred {margin:0 auto; background-color:#190100; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/ixr3py.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no->repeat; padding: 270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#433535; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #150400; margin:0 auto;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

word count; 322

Frodo Silvertongue

Frodo nodded in response to the fellow aniwayan. Indeed it did look like Belle could look after herself, and perhaps with such a well-behaved mare he needn't worry about Strider. But Strider was rather risky, being as untamed and wild as he was. So Frodo muttered a warning to the white horse urgently, hoping that would stop him from doing anything stupid. And while Frodo was giving his horse a telling off, Shanta was doting upon Belle. When he realised this, the brute grinned bashfully, content with watching her and the horse.

Makes some sense, so to speak. Frodo replied then, wagging his tail in the slightest. He found himself wondering where she'd gone on a trip, and why she had left, but he didn't want to pry in other's affairs. If Shanta had told him her thoughts, however, about everyone disappearing, Frodo would have barely been able to reply properly. He too had been away months ago, and had come back weeks after the war had finished. What he did know though, was that Dawali had done something wrong and had been exiled. Lilliana had died tragically, and her mate had disappeared. Ayasha on the other hand had moved packs quite recently, for unknown reason. And that was just about all Frodo knew. What's yer name, anyway? I'm dubbed Frodo Silertongue. This here's Strider, you get me? he stated, gesturing to the horse with a crooked grin.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I know. . . lateness :/

Shanta let her fingers play with the grass around her. As he asked her name, her rudeness smacked her in her face. She stood up, with a smile forming on her face, she said “My name is Shanta Wanagi.” Her right arm fisting over her heart as she bowed slightly. “But you can call me Shanta.” She was brought up to perform this rather formal introduction. Throwing her thumb towards the mare, she informed him, “That's Belle, like I said earlier. She's AniWaya's horse.” Shanta leaned against the tree, weariness catching up to her. Her restless nights were definitely taking their toll on her.

Her blue eyes drifted back to Frodo, trying to focus on him. “Where are you from?” Her curiosity pulling her mind back. “You have an amazing accent.” Languages and accents fascinated her, each so diverse and unique. She let her body sink back to the ground. Her hands finding the soft grass again. Shanta thought about what time it probably was. It was definitely past midnight. Her muzzle parted as she let out a quiet yawn. Her eyes started to droop, so she rubbed them and blinked them in order to wake herself up.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]

word count; 326

Frodo Silvertongue

Shanta was a nice name, Frodo thought. It suited this stranger- or, well, she was not a stranger anymore. She'd been his pack-sister since joining AniWaya, but it was strange to know that they were only just aqqainted. AniWaya had so few members, they needed to get together more, and make friends within the tribe. It'd be nice to have the pitter patter of tiny feet running around soon, too, Frodo figured. Although he wouldn't say that aloud. Actually, his good friend Gemma was expecting soon. They couldn't be his, he didn't think so anyway, but he figured he'd be their father figure anyway, when the time came for them to be born.

Belle. 'Tis a beaut of a name for a beaut of an 'orse, my skipper eyes do declare. he grinned, and he knew he meant it, too. She really was a pretty thing. Too bad he couldn't really go too near, what with Strider. He'd seen Belle in the stables often, perhaps he'd stroked her once or twice...he couldn't quite recall. Horses were something AniWaya definitely was not lacking in...there were twice as many horses as members! That might not be the case when Gemma's litter came into the world, though.

Although Shanta looked very sleepy, she still managed to talk to him. a-New Zealand, I do declare! Frodo said in reply to where he was from. Or at least, I were born there. Bin' travellin' ever since, around the garden I'd say. he explained. She said something else then... an amazing accnet? This surprised Frodo indeed! Usually, the comments were mocking or just curious...an actual compliment though, that was something. Frodo could not sense any sarcasm, so his face heated up and his mouth smiled wider, ear to ear. Bashfully, he reached with one paw to scratch behind his ear. I uh...thanks! Nobody's ever said tha' before, my old china! he winked at her; Gypsy's ent usually a-complimented.

<style>
</style>
[/html]