Call for Trade
[html]

OOC here.

Word Count → 000

Amy had reached the furthest part of her trade route now. From now on she would be turning, going back to Anathema. The fact that she had a place to return to was strange for the merchant to consider. She'd grown used to constant movement. Having a place to return to was like being in Europe again, returning to the family home to share her spoils and tell of her success, listening to the failures and waiting for the chance to rise in rank.

Anathema wasn't her home, of course. She couldn't forget that. There was no one she could rely on but herself. If she rose in rank in Anathema it would be an accomplishment to tell her family, not something to share with the dark pack she now lived in. Turning away from those troublesome thoughts Amy lifted her head, calling for others to come and talk with her. She had learned a fair bit about their traditions and the like, understanding about their spirit beliefs now and how to be respectful. This would help her make a good deal.

<style type="text/css">
.amyhour b {font-weight:bold; color:#fc8cff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#31224b 0px 0px 1px;}
.amyhour p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.amyhour {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#ac69fc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CeqhO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #30383c; padding: 290px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#31224b; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.amyhour .wordcount {color:#fc8cff; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #31224b; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#31224b 0px 0px 1px;}
.amyhour .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.amyhour p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.amyhour p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.Helotes {padding:10px; background:#749d52; color:#000; opacity: 1; filter: alpha(opacity = 80); line-height:120%;}
.Helotes b{color:#8c461e; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #000; font-weight:bold;}
.HelotesFooter {background-image:url('http://i42.tinypic.com/110zjtv.png'); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:right;padding:120px 0px 0px 0px}</style>

Frodo had come back from his little voyage with more than enough meat go round. It would feed the small pack well, no doubt. With so much luck on his travels, and enough information about the current prey in the area, Frodo couldn't help but have his spirits raised on account of his good finds. A grin was flashing on his maw, and the unmistakable glow of a healthy wolf was clear in his whole self. Muttering some kind of command to his steed, he urged the horse on, hoping to get back home as soon as he could. He'd have much to tell his pack brothers and pack sisters, even if that was what the pack seemed to be lacking in for the moment.

As the young man came across the pack, he felt his tail stiffening as a call rang out through the air. Saddle bags packed full of game swayed lightly as the man changed his course to the village and altered it to follow the call of the dog. He was half hearted in his pace, not too rushed and not too lazy, and soon he came across the blonde female. She did not look like she was from these parts, and he certainly hadn't smelt her before. Who are you? the man asked, his tone low and genuinely curious. She had called for someone of the pack and so he had answered. So he expected an answer back. China plate, or shepherds plaid? You a robin hood or a bad'n? he asked her in his usual riddles, tightening his grip on the white stallion's reins.

You didn't specify whether she was in the pack or on the borders, so I was pretty vague Big Grin Wordcount :: +000

template by revo. <3 - Table and code modifications by Alex

[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

Word Count → 000

Raoth moved from the back of the wagon, chains hanging from his wrists. Amy sent him back with a snarl, the angry coyote whipping the chains towards Amy. He seemed determined to take Amy down in one way or another. Amy grabbed the chain and yanked it, pulling him to the ground. He was still learning, Amy's experience at fighting much greater than the slave's. Growling to himself Raoth picked himself back up, retreating again. Good. She didn't want to have to deal with his attitude while trading.

It wasn't long before someone arrived to her call. Amy was glad everything had settled down before the wolf's arrival, bags of food hanging from the horse by the smell of it. Smiling widely at the introduction Amy nodded her head slightly. My name is Amy Sunders, trader of wonders and wanderer of the unknown. I come to offer the items that I have to your pack. I believe it will be of interest to you. Amy stepped back, opening the wagon to reveal the wealth of items inside.

<style type="text/css">
.amyhour b {font-weight:bold; color:#fc8cff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#31224b 0px 0px 1px;}
.amyhour {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#ac69fc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CeqhO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #30383c; padding: 290px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#31224b; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.amyhour .wordcount {color:#fc8cff; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #31224b; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#31224b 0px 0px 1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.Helotes {padding:10px; background:#749d52; color:#000; opacity: 1; filter: alpha(opacity = 80); line-height:120%;}
.HelotesFooter {background-image:url('http://i42.tinypic.com/110zjtv.png'); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:right;padding:120px 0px 0px 0px}</style>

The display that happened next was quite unnerving. Frodo backed up, as it was only as he looked past the dog that he realised there was some sort of wagon behind her. Aghast, he watched as some poor canine stumbled outwards, chained up no less, to be dragged and pulled to the ground by the woman. Frodo was startled to say the least, his mouth hanging open like a letterbox. He'd never been witness to slavery before. And so he wondered why on earth that wolf had been taken prisoner. What...on...earth? he stammered, watching Roath retreat backwards. Frodo looked to Amy for some sort of explanation, but then she talked about something entirely different.

The young man nodded stiffly at her introduction. Frodo Silvertongue. he said, introducing himself with a nod of his head. He couldn't help but still be confused and shocked by the chained canine, however. It took a while for his blank expression to realise that Amy was pointing over to the wagon, and he blinked once or twice before looking over. As she opened it, he raised his eyebrows in approval. Yer comin' to...offer them. he stated. Offer... he chuckled; For a price. there was no question about it. He doubted anyone would give out such wealthy items out of the goodness of their hearts. Wha' 'bout 'im? he asked, pointing to the area the slave had retreated to. Is that snide for sellin', too? he accused, walking towards the wagon in curiosity. He would bring out the meat to trade, perhaps, but only once his thoughts about her selling an actual person had been settled.

Wordcount :: +000

[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

Word Count → 000

Amy shook her head. Sorry for that. I do my best to keep him in line. He just insists on misbehaving. It seemed that the young wolf wasn't used to such things. Well, he was still young. He would grow used to it. There were much worse things out there. It took a moment before Frodo, as he had introduced himself, came back down to earth, looking at her items. She waited before he finally stated what it was she was doing. Amy nodded her head. Of course. It can be very difficult to get them, not to mention risking my life.

Asked if Raoth was for sale Amy shook her head. He wasn't for sale, not yet. The results from the last time she had sold a half trained slave was enough to convince her of that. He will be placed on sale once his training is finished. It's not completed yet though, and I highly doubt one will be satisfied with buying a slave that's prone to attempting to kill them. Amy laughed softly at her own joke, Raoth glaring sharply at her.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">

She was apologizing for the male's behaviour? Frodo was ludicrous. He had half a mind to tell her what he thought of keeping someone prisoner then and there, but first, he needed to make sure he was being held against his will rather than wanting to be there. Although Frodo didn't imagine any canine would want to be chained and walked all over like that. It was horrible. And disgusting. What was the dog thinking, bringing a chained person to the peace of AniWaya?

Amy confirmed thoughts about payment, rather than gifts, and Frodo's eyes flickered to his saddle bags briefly. Perhaps she would trade for meat. He didn't see why not. Then again, he had almost everything he wanted, and couldn't be happier. He was a craftsman of sorts and so could make his own bows, arrows, and other necessaries. And meat was vital. He could not think of anything he really needed to trade for. Perhaps, if she had some livestock, a horse or something, there would be a deal. He was out to point this out, when she shook his head at the canine being for sale. Phew. Frodo exhaled in relief. But his sigh soon cut short when she told him that the only reason he wasn't for sale, was because his training hadn't been completed yet. And, he was a slave. Not a mere prisoner. An actual slave. What treachery! Frodo shouted. And then as quick as he always was, he had unslung the bow from around his shoulder and drawn an arrow. He knocked the arrow firmly in place, pulled the string and held it back, before swinging his aim towards Amy's eye. Slavery?! Great snakes, this ent right, this ent! Yer gotter be motoring my coca cola...! I demand yer release the poor captain! he said, hoping she would listen to him.

Hehheh. Wordcount :: +301

[/html]
[html]

OOC the reason why threatening amy doesnt work XD

Word Count → 000

The wolf cried out that it was not right, and swiftly drew a weapon. Taking his cue from the stranger Raoth leaped forward, chain wrapping to go around Amy's neck and choke the merchant. Even as the bow moved to point at her, she was moving. Grabbing the coyote Amy flipped him over, turning the chain that would have choked her against him, holding him up before her. If he tried to shoot her the slave would end up taking the shot.

Calmly Amy stared at him, eyes as cold as the darkness that rested in other's nightmares. Now, let's be reasonable. You don't want to do anything hasty. I just came here to trade. Lower the weapon and I'm sure no one will be hurt. The young male struggled in her grasp, unable to battle against the more powerful female. Mercilessly Amy pulled back on the chain, causing him to struggle for air. I'm working very hard to make a good living you know.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">

So he had backup. Frodo was very glad to see Roath jump to attention. Cmon mate, we can get 'er together! Frodo cried, very ready to release the string. And then something he didn't expect to happen happened. Frodo stared blankly in dismay as Amy cruelly defended herself and Roath's attack backfired, having him strung up by the chain and held in front of Frodo's target. The young man cursed and spat on the ground, lowering his weapon to the ground. His hands were still on it though, and the string and arrow still in place. He refused to be completely diminished.

When Amy pulled back on the chain to make the slave practically choke for air, Frodo's tail flew up high and a snarl pierced the air, his hackles rising. If there was one thing he hated more than a free person being made a slave, it was someone being hurt without being able to fight back. No! Frodo protested. Let 'im go, let 'im go and I'll let you go. There's a whole pack 'back there, don't make me call them. he shouted, gesturing forwards, past her, to where AniWaya was. Maybe he wouldn't even have to call them. Maybe a pack member could just happen to hover near the borders and see her. They might have smelt her by now anyway, seeing as he knew the members usually realised when someone was on the border anyway, on account it could be a potential joiner. Hopefully, if they came to his aim, they would back him up that slavery was completely and utterly wrong.

xDD ahahaa Wordcount :: +301

[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

Word Count → 000

It seemed Raoth's fighting spirit lifted the wolf's heart. It was a shame that Amy would crush it, never to be seen again. Such a spirit was annoying, a true nuisance to the world. She was doing it a favor, molding it to serve others instead of burning futilely without a purpose. He would be nothing but scraps if it wasn't for her generosity. The bow was lowered at the threat of the slave's life, just as Amy had expected. Those who tried to do good were always so predictable. It was no wonder she always came out on top in these confrontations.

The hackles raised, anger and panic in his voice. Amy looked him over, Raoth still struggling to breath. You sure? You're just going to let me walk away? Continue my business without further disruptions? Amy paused, pretending to be thinking it over. She loosed her grip, letting the young male gasp for air. Rubbing his throat Raoth submitted, furious that he had to do so, but wanting to live more than he wanted to fight her. You won't call the pack. You want him to live. His life means nothing to me, but it seems to mean something to you. Don't try bargaining with me. I know all the tricks.

Turning Amy walked over to her wagon, clicking softly. Obediently the horse backed up, Amy turning it around. Raoth stood there, eyes burning with disappointment and anger. He glanced back at Frodo before the chains tugged, forcing him to follow.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">

Frodo decided he didn't like this girl, this Amy. In fact, he more than disliked her. She spoke cruelly, and her words sickened him, but eventually she let the slave go. But she didn't let him go. He was still a prisoner. He was still a slave. Just a slave with a life. But slavery was no life. Didn't she see that? Did this woman have no heart? Frodo wanted to string the bow at her, right then and there, and he was almost planning to as well, yet he knew he wouldn't exactly be praised for killing someone. And she'd more than likely find a way to make the slave's life hell, if Frodo didn't succeed. He didn't need that happening.

Ugh. Frodo replied simply, giving her the evils from afar as she got back on the cart, tugging her slave behind her. He gave her one last look, and glanced at the slave, worry and sympathy clear in his gaze. He wasn't just going to let her get away with this... Lemmie at leas' check on 'im... Frodo muttered, walking over to the slave. He lay a hand on Roath's shoulder, biting his tongue inside his muzzle for fear of giving anything away. And then he attempted to take the slaves hand in his own. And what he did next was completely concealed. Without giving anything away, he slipped a peace of long, thin metal into Roath's hand. He pressed the item into the paw pad, closed Roaths fingers around it, and then took a step back. Hopefully, the slave would know what it was for. Personally Frodo had picked plenty of locks in his time at Halifax, but would Roath be able to pick the locks on his chains? If not that, at least he'd perhaps be able to stab at Amy in her sleep. Giving the slave a last pained look - and Amy a fierce one - Frodo stepped back and mounted his horse again, kicking on to AniWaya. There'd be much to discuss back at home.

[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

Word Count → 000

Amy growled as he stepped over to the slave, asking to at least check. Why should she let him do so? He had done nothing but cause trouble, after all. Trouble that she could go without for a long time. Still, she stopped briefly, letting him see that there was nothing physically wrong with him. Plenty of scars, yes, and a thin slice on one arm from their latest training session, but otherwise perfectly healthy. Well, he had a slight mark around his neck now from being choked, but was otherwise fine.

Raoth didn't know what Frodo was planning. Maybe to unchain him, then they could both run like crazy into the pack where Amy couldn't follow. Unfortunately that didn't happen. He was given a piece of metal, and an encouraging look. Raoth couldn't pick locks, but at least he had a weapon now. Grinning Raoth nodded at him. Snorting at the disgusting display and unaware of what had just happened Amy clicked at the horse and once more they pulled away. What a troublesome wolf. She hoped she didn't see him again.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]