Watchman's tower
Midnighish time, at the borders

It was an impulse within her that she could not ignore, a nagging that would not cease, it was who she was born to be and her destiny to follow where it would lead. She was not even 24 hours into being a member of her new pack and yet she was already stalking its borders like some long forgotten shadow wraith. Nobody heard her come and nobody heard her go. A shadow in the darkness. Blue and amber pierced the night like a beacon. She was not unarmed, far from it, clenched in her fists were her ceremonial knives, her weapon of choice, the short sword still dangled from the belt around her waist and rested against her leg.

Despite the change in scenery and the increase in safety that she felt her sleep was still disrupted to the point where it was better for her if she didn't try to sleep rather then suffer broken sleep that often left her moody and irritable. At least this way she kept on moving until she was exhausted, only then would true rest be within her grasp but until that happened, she continued walking. It was a good few hours later in the darkness of true night that she heard some semblance of movement amongst the night life noises.

Footsteps crunched through the foliage and she raised her daggers, ready to defend herself when a scent drifted towards her, she sniffed at the air silently and only let her hands drop down when she discerned who it was. It was Skye, her new Alpha. The woman tilted her head upwards in an acknowledging gesture and motioned with a paw for Skye to accompany her upon her rounds. She was quiet however, letting the leader female speak first. Jace had not held such a low rank for some time and had already plans to increase her standing amongst the Cercatori people.
[html]
<style> @import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Alegreya+SC);</style>Skye Collins
Word Count :: 000 yay!

The female, as always, was patrolling in the night. In her Optime form, her gleaming dagger hung from a simple leather belt on her hip, as it always did. Soundlessly, she followed her instincts, allowing them to carry her where she may end up - emptying her mind of recent betrayals, of how her own mate had left the pack, as had so many others.

She stopped suddenly, an unfamiliar scent and sound of unfamiliar footsteps flooding her senses - but she let her guard down as she recognized the new presence as Jace, one of her newest members. Jace, the one who had killed Argul when Shawchert had seemed unable to. She pushed back the bushes to reveal the multicolored woman, who motioned for her to come closer.

Maintaining her dominant and dignified air, Skye slowly walked towards the female, fingering her dagger as she walked. Thoughts muddied her mind, and while she attempted to push them away, she could not help but to think of all those who had left her, had left the pack, had abandoned what they swore to protect and to defend. She gazed at Jace with untelling eyes, eyes that held no emotion, masked by the facade that Skye did so well in maintaining.

"I see you could not sleep," she said lowly, noting the female's slightly tired features - eyes, ears, even fur. Although the night seemed silent, Skye was accustomed to the sounds of the forest - it was different than the mountains where she hailed by far. Birds, crickets, cicadas, the wind rustling the leaves - even at the darkest of night, the forest was alive with music. "Did you patrol in Ichika as well?"

Your the only one who saves me from myself, I abandoned this love and laid it to rest, And now I'm one of the forgotten

Image courtesy of auensen

<style>
.GR2_Skye3 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_Skye3 b {font-family:verdana; color:#2b4131; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Skye3 {background-color:#d9dccb; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#7a8476; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3425/atable17.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:210px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #7a8476; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Skye3 .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #7a8476; }
.GR2_Skye3 .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Skye3 .lyrics {color:#2b4131; text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:13px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_Skye3 .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#102015; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #7a8476; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Brown tipped half ears flashed backwards in a submissive gesture, she had not made such a move to anyone not Temo for a long while, not even Nayru and Razekiel had garnered as much expression from her. It was back in the time when Ichika had still been Dahlia and Phoenix Valley that she had needed to perform such actions. Yet they were not beneath her station, whether or not she was used to a high ranking she was now one of the lowest ranking members in this new pack and more than likely untrusted and regarded with almost suspicion, she had not proved herself at all as of yet, though maybe she had endeared herself to the Captina by being seen so early into her time here already seeking to protect this land and pack that belonged to hers. If it were not so then Jace would not be overly concerned, she had plenty of time to make her mark upon the people here and gain their faith and trust, to become another part of the family rather than just an interesting outsider.

Her breath left her in a huff of laughter that was inwardly sarcastic, "Now that's an understatement if I've ever heard one. These past few weeks sleep has been elusive as a hare that has not yet grown his winter coat and seeks to hide from the world until it does." She raised her head, the tilt of her muzzle showing only mirth at the situation,

"Yes. Within Ichika's hierarchy I rose to the position of Yakuso. Head animal and plant keeper. As a Prestige rank it was my duty to keep Ichika safe, and ensure no rouges or those with intent to harm made their way inside. The first line of defense despite not being of the warrior class." She sought not to boast to her new leader, merely to share the skills she held, hoping that Skye would see her as someone useful to the pack and not just another freeloader, while she was proud of her abilities she contained the majority of it, instead revealing only smatterings of honor rather than pride. She had been bound to protect Ichika's people as she was now bound to protect Cercatori d'Arte's people, a feat she was unquestionably capable of as they very well knew, it was her after all who had slaughtered the pup murderer Argul.

"My duty is to my family and also the people, it is them i serve and protect for as long as I remain alive." The pure dedication in her voice would be sure to wash away any doubts to her moral fiber,
[html]
<style> @import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Alegreya+SC);</style>Skye Collins
Word Count :: 000

She noted the dip of the Soldato's ears and thought that perhaps she was not used to showing submission - not if she was of a high rank in Ichika. She smiled slightly at the woman's metaphor of a rabbit - sleep had been scarce, and Jace's features proved it. And back to her first thought, she recalled, as the woman told her tale of Ichika no Ho-en; she had been of a high rank indeed, protecting her people from the dangers of outside. Skye had had her share of dangers, it was true - but they were not from the outside, but from within.

The conviction, the determination, with which Jace spoke slightly surprised Skye as she listened to her short speech. We shall see, she thought. For one so determined to protect her people, she had left Ichika readily enough - however, Skye did not know the entire reason she had left her former pack. She would not judge her for it, no, but similar remarks had been made by many others. Shawchert. Sky. Those who had sworn to protect and to serve, and yet had left on a whim. Her conviction was impressive, however, and her feats - and the scars that proved them - told no lies.

Shaking her head free of these thoughts, she nodded to Jace and spoke herself. "My pack - my family - is what I, too, remain forever loyal to," she said lowly, grasping her dagger for a moment before releasing it again. "From its creation to its - or my - death, I will serve and protect it. It is good to see another with similar resolves."

Her face morphed from one of conviction to that of curiousity, then. "If I may ask, what led you to leave Ichika?"

Your the only one who saves me from myself, I abandoned this love and laid it to rest, And now I'm one of the forgotten

Image courtesy of auensen

<style>
.GR2_Skye3 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_Skye3 b {font-family:verdana; color:#2b4131; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Skye3 {background-color:#d9dccb; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#7a8476; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3425/atable17.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:210px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #7a8476; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Skye3 .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #7a8476; }
.GR2_Skye3 .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Skye3 .lyrics {color:#2b4131; text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:13px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_Skye3 .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#102015; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #7a8476; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Her determination and fiery soul was shared by another, Jace and Skye were similar people with similar thoughts and were close in likeness with the way their minds worked. At least that was the impression Jace received so far from the pale coated leader. Whether they differed in other things was an unknown question still to be answered. Rather than immediately answer the Captina's question Jace spent several moments staring at the stars thinking how best to word her answer, how to add up all her inner reasons into something that would make sense to an outsider.

"To put it extremely shortly, I left because what was my home slowly became something that was not my home. And the people that were supposed to be my family turned against me." There was a bitter tone to her voice, as she sought the right explanation, "Along with that came the threat to my children and mate from Salsola, that slave keeping pack up beyond the mountains. They attacked us for no reason although underestimated us and we captured one of theirs but bad blood now flows there, it is not safe. Our leaders abandoned us and left inadequate replacements behind them." There was a slow growing anger underneath her words, Jace was truly upset at the loss of her home and it was clear she hadn't made the decision on a whim or fancy, she had loved Ichika and its people, kept them safe and protected and they had spat on her for it.

For a second her eyes connected with the leader's and within them pain and hurt were evident before she dragged them away, "I was punished for ending the lives of two murdering rapists who before my eyes attempted to kill a child and take his mother as a toy." She cut her tirade off abruptly and stared off into the distance, seething all over again at the atrocity she had witnessed.