[M]When Shadows Meet
[html]
WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

OOC here!

Shadow sat high on a ledge that over looked the highest peaks of the Halcyon Mountains. He laid on his back hidden that to the shadows and the night around him. He had wanted to go hiking to give himself something to do and as he was walking he had found a high cliff face and a large enough ledge for him to lay next to.

He climbed to the ledge and once he got up there he found an eagles nest and he laid down next to it and he had smiled when he saw there there were chicks within. Rather than eating them he stayed unmoving and the mother ended up coming back and at first was worried about the large predator next to her babies but slowly she calmed down and laid next to her kids and fed them.

He looked to the stars and crossed his arms behind his head and listened and slowly he picked up the sound of foot steps below him and when he looked he smiled seeing a face he had not seen in years.

<style>
.shadowmountain .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.shadowmountain p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shadowmountain b {color:#98F0DE; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.shadowmountain {background-color:#F3F8F7; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... lit0-1.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 200px 0px; border:1px solid #C5F5EB; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.shadowmountain-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.shadowmountain .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #E2F7F3; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Thana traveled farther than she had before. She would still check up on Isa every once in a while but she felt she should just wander around for a bit. Perhaps her paws would take her somewhere interesting. Her beautiful black stallion, Abbadon, walked beside her, never straying too far. She never felt the need for a saddle or reins; he followed her around like a duckling following its mother and was always obedient.

She had managed to get up into the Halcyon Mountains when she heard movement. Thana motioned for Abbadon to stay where he was and crept forward, searching for the sound again. She lifted her muzzle into the air and picked up a scent she hadn’t been around for a few years. She followed it quickly, searching for the source. No matter where she looked she couldn’t find it. Perhaps the scent was old or her nose was starting to fail her. She was really hoping he was there though. She would have been the happiest woman alive if she would have managed to find him again. Giving up, Thana leaned against a tree for a moment before sitting beneath it. She sat there, defeated.
[html]

OOC here!

Shadow smiled wide as he looked down to the fellow assassin of many moons passed. He watched her and then he saw when she gave up and sat next to a dead tree that just happen to be near where he was posted. He looked to the distance of the ledge to the tree and he figured he he were to jump straight down as it was only about 32 feet high, which was just about two stories tall.

He could make it and manage to not hurt himself he he jumped and landed right next to her. He hung his legs off the ledge and he smiled to the eagle and her babies and brought a finger to his mouth and he made a soft shhh noise and then he was off.

He kicked off and smiled as he felt the wind pass his body and go through his fur and as he fell he landed and the moment he landed his hand went out and gently a single finger nail pressed into her neck and he spoke gently.

I never would have expected you to let someone get the jump on you Thana, and quite literally it would seem since I jumped down here from the ledge above.

He smiled big and laughed as she like he had expected turned and tackled him much like when they first met and he got the jump on her but she wasn't happy about it for it was the first time they had met.

<style>
.shadowmountain .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.shadowmountain p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shadowmountain b {color:#98F0DE; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.shadowmountain {background-color:#F3F8F7; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... lit0-1.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 200px 0px; border:1px solid #C5F5EB; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.shadowmountain-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.shadowmountain .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #E2F7F3; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Thana heard a small, barely noticeable noise coming from the ledge above her. She knew someone was trying to sneak up on her and had a pretty good idea who is was. She made no movement to show she had noticed until he jumped down to land beside her. A claw was pressed to her neck as Shadowfang spoke. She smirked as he finished and tackled him, ending up sitting on his stomach to pin him to the ground with a dagger at his throat and one at his chest. ”Who says you got the jump on me? You forgot I have a very good sense of hearing. That small shh noise you made tipped me off.”

She sheathed her twin daggers and smiled at him, still sitting on his belly. ”I may not have the best sense of smell anymore but I can still hear you.” She had lost a bit of her sense of smell because of all the scars on her nose and muzzle. The wounds had done enough damage to make her nose close to useless. Thana stood up and held out a hand for Shadow. ”It’s good to see you again but you lost your touch.” She smirked as she helped him up and pulled him into a hug.
Shadow smiled even as the blades were at his neck and he chuckled lightly as she talked back to him, much like she had always done. He was helped up and he brought her into a big bear hug and squeezed her tight and then he put her down on the ground." Who says a lost my touch....If I had wanted you dead then I would have used my sword on the way down....Besides you and I both know who would win if we went at it." He looked at her and winked and sighed happily as he looked around to the area and then back at her." So what brings you all the way out here? Not much here but rock, mountain and a few trees. He crossed his arms as he looked her over and he tilted his head as he smiled. "you haven't changed a bit since I last saw you years ago"
When she helped Shadow up, she was pulled into a big bear hug, lifting her feet off of the ground. She giggled a little as she was put back down. After he spoke for a moment Thana smirked and ran her claws down his chest, not leaving any marks. It was probably more ticklish than anything else. ”You sure you would win? You and I both know I’m not afraid to cheat.” She winked right back at him, knowing he would understand what he meant.

Shadow looked around and spoke again. ”Just wandering around. Isa is in a pack now so it’s just me and my big handsome man.” As if on command, Abbadon came trotting towards them as she spoke. She reached over to stroke the stallion’s snout and looked back at Shadow. ”You remember him don’t you?” Abbadon whinnied happily at the sight of Shadowfang and nudged his chest with his nose. Thana chuckled at the sight before Shadow mentioned her changing. ”Changed? How?” She hadn’t thought she changed much, but it had been quite some time since they last saw each other. Shadow still looked exactly the same except for the scar on his chest. She put her hand over it and looked up at him. ”How did this happen?”
Shadow watched her hand go to his chest and once it touched that special scar on him he sighed lightly as he looked to it and then to the eyes of Thana. Shadow took her hand in his and he smiled trying to lift the attitude of what he was about to say.

Thana, is has been a long time since we have seen one another. This mark belongs to someone who is dear to my heart...

He stopped knowing that Thana being as smart as she was would be able to easily make since of what it was he was saying and also he held her hands knowing that due to the news, she might very well try to hurt him. Shadows tail slowly came to a stop after it had been wagging and as he looked to her face he saw the anger growing and for a second he actually thought that he should probably run but before he could act it was to late.
Shadow took her hands and held them as he spoke. Her slight smile immediately vanished when she realized what he meant. She stood there for a moment before the anger set in and began to show on her face. She knew he was holding her hands to try to keep her from hurting him. Thana was absolutely furious. Her lips parted into a frightening snarl as she growled at him. She tried to pull her hands free but his grip was too strong. She snarled at him and snapped her jaws just inches away from his face as she tried to get out of his grip.

Fucking let me go bastard!” She finally gave up trying to get free. ”That whole time you were with me and Isa, you gave me all this attention. You got me to trust you! You fucking said we would be together at some point and then that fucking night, you fucking disappeared!” She was so tempted to take her daggers to his flesh but at the same time, she couldn’t. She had been in love with him at one point in time and she thought he loved her too. Neither one of them ever said it though so she couldn’t ever be sure. In a way, she never stopped loving him. ”You were the first one I let get so close. I opened up to you and you knew EVERYTHING about me! I was in love with you!” Her jaws snapped shut. She hadn’t meant to say the last bit. He was her first and only love so far. She wasn’t able to open to anyone else besides him and Isa. She was heartbroken and it felt as though it would be impossible for her to trust any others ever again after this. Thana looked down, all anger out of her features. ”Please just let me go.”
Shadows head slowly started to drop as he heard the words coming from her mouth, It was all true. He had really liked Thana and he would have been her mate if it wasn't for him wanting to keep her and Isa safe. He thought back to those nights. He saw how he flirted back and they teased one another.

He was a fool, he wanted to be with her but he had actually forgotten that his life was in danger while he was with them and he knew that if he was found that they would be killed. All of that was the very reason he had made sure not even his scent was left behind when he left. He heard her say to let her go and he slowly parted his hands and he looked to her and opened his mouth to speak.

I didn't lie....I meant every word...and I wanted it all to come true....I had to leave to protect you and your sister....I know you don't want to hear any of this, but I was being hunted...I had forgotten about it because when I was around your sister, and you most of all I had completely forgotten my problems. I was happy and I would have probably asked for you to be mine not long after that night, but I had to go...

He knew that she could very well throw his words back in his face or take them silently or with the anger she was feeling, her jumping him was likely, if she chose to knock him down and hit him over and over he would probably let her. He was a fool to cause her such pain, and what was worse was that he had started to fall for her too. It seemed that whenever something good was happening his past would catch up to him and kill it.
Shadow listened to her rant quietly and let her go as she had asked. She stood there with her head down and listened quietly as he spoke. She would let him try to explain but no matter what he said, he couldn’t fix things; he had chosen another. She shook her head as she tried to keep tears from forming. ”If you meant it you would have come back. You never did. I waited for you, every single day I waited. Nothing.”

She didn’t know what to do. She had given him everything and he just disappeared without saying anything. If he was so happy with her he either wouldn’t have left in the first place or he would have taken care of his problems and came right back to her; but he didn’t. He chose to leave her behind and chose another to be his. It was all too much for her to handle and she sank down to her knees as tears slowly began to fall. She had nothing else to say either that or she just didn’t know what to say. He was the last straw. Everyone she had ever known turned her back on her, left her alone, or hurt her in some way. She wouldn’t be able to handle anymore so she decided she would no longer allow others to get as close to her as Shadow had.

Once the tears stopped, she stood and looked at Shadow. ”I hope you’re happy with your decision.” She said it with a blank face, turning back into the heartless assassin she had been before she met Shadow the first time.
I can't change the past, Thana. I am still here for you. I will always be here, like a friend, like family, like a Shadow. He looked to her as she looked to him with a face he knew all to well. It had been his face, it had been seen on Amy countless times and now, that same cold emotionless face was now on Thana. He was pained and it showed on his face as he looked away from that blank stare. With a look like that, if she so wanted she could come at Shadow and kill him and he wouldn't curse her name on the way to hell. If she killed him for his actions he would have deserved any and all torture and pain she could give him and he would accept it willingly. He looked to the ground as his tail stopped moving and then slowly he looked back into those eyes. I'm sorry Thana, I never meant to hurt you. You may not believe that but it's true. If you wish it I place myself at your mercy.... Shadow dropped to his knees and looked to her still as he continued.Harm, me, beat me, do what you wish. I know I deserve it. I can't think of any other way to make up for what I have done.
Shadows words were meaningless to her now, barely even reaching her ears. She no longer cared what he had to say. For him to make a promise like he had, disappear, and then take another when she had already been so broken, pushed her over the edge. Thana no longer cared what he, or anyone else did; she would never trust another as she had trusted Shadow.

Her expressionless stare seemed to pain him, good, he should know what he had done to her. She would no longer be the happy, free-spirited Thana Shadow used to know. She would become the coldhearted killer she had been trained to be. She would give herself her assassin mark, like the one Thanatos wore, the one she was unable to receive before leaving with her sister.

Her one good eye watched as Shadow sunk to his knees. Thana scoffed at him and pulled out her dagger, pressing it against his throat just enough for a few drops of blood to seep out onto the tip of her dagger. She pulled it away from his neck, licking the tip of the dagger and tasting the few drops of blood before snickering at him. ”Get up. I’m not going to kill you, it would be too easy. You may live with knowing what you made me.” She forced him up onto his feet and stared him down. ”Get the fuck out of my face. Come near me again and I’ll take that pelt from you like I tried to when we first met.” She would do it too, she used to kill other canines and take their pelts as a prize, using them as her blankets instead of other animal hides. She kept her three favorites in the saddlebag on Abbadon’s back. Remembering her horse, she let out a low howl and he soon came galloping over to her. She threw her leg over the stallions massive body and quickly, the two of them disappeared into the trees and out of sight, leaving Shadowfang there.