the country's calling and that's where i'm going
No more than 1-2, please (and random lyrics there are from this amazing song).
[html]
One way to escape the summery heat, Laurel discovered, was to wander deep into the depths of the forests that surrounded Esper Hollow. On this particular day he had followed a small creekbed northwest out of the campsite and simply wandered as though he were oblivious to the rest of the world around him. But maybe that was what being happy did for a person, although one could probably argue that Laurel was seemingly oblivious and carefree most of the time. He lived without regret and for the most part, neglected his guilty conscience when it tried to speak up. The longer he had managed to live that way, the easier it had become and the easier it had ultimately become to say goodbye to friends over the years.

Up in the trees around him, everything hustled and bustled with life. Even back at the campsite there was already chatter going from the moment the sun had risen to when it set and they had been like busy bodies working to put things together. Though he had his moments when he liked a good chunk of solitude, it was nice to be apart of something again. He may have been a coyote and he may have possessed intelligence like his peers, but it was the craving for social interaction that drew him back to bonding with faces. With his pant legs rolled up, he barely waded in the water, walking idly against its current while the sun beat down on his back as he continued to hum an idle tune.

“And maybe I'm dumb for making you smile, I don't know, but I will in a while,” began his eventual singing, “we pass the graveyard and held our breath; we better kiss if we're gettin’ closer to death.” There was really no telling just where on earth he had picked up such an interesting song and truthfully, he couldn't remember any more; what he did remember was the way the song sounded on the piano.
[/html]
[html]

hai thur!

the ship of fools i'm on will sink

Bleach glanced up at the sprawling canopy and realized she was a long way from home. Well, a long way from Shadowed Sun. If she put it into perspective, she was a long way from home, too. Miles and miles away from home. But, that really wasn't the issue at the moment. What was the issue was the fact that she had been wandering aimlessly since morning and had now just become aware of where she was, which she wasn't all that sure of. This absent-mindedness was blamed upon the fact that she hadn't slept well, or much at all, in the past few days, ever since that strange encounter in the theatre. She was avoiding her subconscious like the plague, and the little amount of sleep was taking a toll on her.
With a sigh, the pale wolf rubbed her tired eyes vigorously in the hopes of better waking herself up. Instead, technicolor spots swam in her vision. They dilated and wiggled like little amoebas. When they faded, she caught sight of a small creek, and headed toward it, dragging her feet. Those damn dreams. Though they couldn't be classified as nightmares, they certainly made Bleach uneasy. And they seemed so real, which baffled and perturbed the woman. Sighing again, she scooped two handfuls of water from the creek and splashed her face. The cool water sent a shock of awareness through her, so she repeated the action twice more before sitting back and letting the water drip down her neck.
She was just about to get up and head back to Shadowed Sun when the verses drifted to her from downstream. With a glance she discovered the source; a curious fellow, wandering upstream and singing as if he hadn't a care in the world. The sight elicited a smile from the woman, and she better seated herself upon the bank so, when he reached her, it would appear as if she had been waiting for him for centuries.

[/html]
ohai2u!
[html]
Once the verse had left his lips he had carried on humming out the rest of the tune just as he had been, watching his feet more so than what lied up ahead. Even at some hundred klicks or so from Halifax, the waters were nearly pristine. Save for the muddy bottoms that no doubt were stirred up with each step he took, it was nice to be able to see straight through to the shallow bottom and watch every little fish dart away as soon as his shadow touched them. Earlier he had gotten the opportunity to have met a fish that wouldn't get out of his path and got kicked upstream, at which point, once back in the water it darted away for good.

But around the next bend and into the shade, his olive-tinted eyes caught sight of someone who very clearly had either heard him moments before, or was simply posing as a statue. Of course, given her stony colouration, had he been just a bit more ignorant about things he may have mistaken her for one entirely. The clothed coyote offered up a small smile, not deterring entirely from his wandering path as he approached her. “Beautiful day, isn't it?” His steps slowed, no longer bothering to fight the weak pull of the current. One of the first things that caught his attention at close range was the certain shade of pewter her hair was, and the feathers that had been woven in. “I didn't expect to find any sunbathers this far upstream.”
[/html]
[html]
Jasper was just on his way back from the city when he spotted the two of them. The larger of the two was immediately familiar. Laurel, who Jasper still didn't know all that well, but had seen him enough to recognize him when he was out. Of course, it could have been the hat. The other, a female who he had never seen before, seemed to be leaving just as he got closer. He was holding an old dirty jar in his hands, something that he had found previously in the city and had decided to drink on his way back. The water inside it had a stale sort of taste to it, though it was something that Jasper blamed solely on his out-of-commission nose. His father had said things might taste different, after all.

Holding the now empty jar in one hand, down by his side, Jasper slowed as he neared Laurel, eyes racing off after the mysterious woman who was disappearing off in to the distance. "Who was that?" His voice was quiet as he spoke, slightly unsure. Certainly it was none of his business, but Jasper wasn't that great at small talk anyways, he never really knew what to say. Not only that, but Laurel will still a sort of stranger to him. Sure, Laurie had said they would treat him well, but Jasper knew better than most that people could change in certain situations. Perhaps he would be mean and taunting now that they were away from everyone else.

[/html]
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... rel/t5.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____“Hell if I know, she just got up all of a sudden and took off,” Laurel said with a shrug, a bit put off that such a thing had happened. But nonetheless, he at least had some company and in the form of a kid that he didn't even know that well. Turning his full attention to the yearling at his side, he offered him a grin and shrugged. No skin off of his nose if she decided to run off; she was probably not overly fond of coyotes and weirdly dressed ones at that.

_____Stepping up to the shore and letting a sigh out, he scratched the back of his neck. “I probably scared her off, being a coyote and all. A dressed one, for that matter.” He was used to the weird looks and the folks that would put a little extra space between him and someone else. Some had even gotten angry in the past, but that was where it was; the past. “So how you and Laurie settlin’ in?”

[/html]
[html]
I keep forgetting that this thread is mine. >__>

Bi-colored eyes moved off toward the direction that the strange woman had taken off in once again, moving back toward Laurel as the older male spoke, nodding his head very faintly. "Maybe because of Inferni." He commented quietly, hesitant. One of the first things that Corona had told him was that there were always people who wouldn't think twice about harming someone else without reason. Jasper now understood that it mostly meant Inferni, or at least he assumed it did, because of all of the things that he had experienced and the many things that he had heard when it came to the coyote clan. He'd learned a hard lesson about them once, that it didn't even matter if he was semi-related to him, it only made them seem to hate him more.

"Okay I guess." He answered the question, suspicion in his eyes even still, despite how he tried to hide it. Any second now the odd man would turn and attack or start to make fun of him for something, he was certain of it. "Laurie is buildin' us a shack to stay in until we can put together something more permanent." Jasper, not being the brightest crayon in the box, didn't even bother to think that Laurel had seen the shack-in-making. It was smack in the middle of his lands, after all.

[/html]
Lmfao. XD
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... el/t36.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____Though he hadn't seen much other than the shell of the shack they were building, he had certainly heard Laurent pounding away at it. He nodded steadily with Jasper's words, letting his hand fall back to his side. “So I heard, but it looks like it'll be nice,” and in a sense, concreted the fact that while they were merely being a group of settlers, some of them were already more permanent. One day he imagined he would move on, maybe Nikita would too either before or after him. It was however, what Jasper said about some Inferni thing that garnered his attention. “So what's Inferni?” It sounded like the name of a drink gone bad to him, or something out of a book, like Dante's Divine Comedy.

[/html]