got what she payed for
[html]

There really was no sense of home that lingered like a small flame in the bottom of her heart. Unfortunately there didn't seem to be many options on how to rid herself of that assumption. Much to the young woman's surprise, the tears of anguish and the sense of betrayal had slowed, if not almost stopped. Had she dried herself of the salty droplets of pain? Or was the skinny hybrid simply accepting the fact that she wasn't needed anymore? Either way, maybe there was peace. A settlement of her emotions, so what if Hadley chose someone else? Perhaps that was it. Understanding.

Sel had failed to keep healthy though, her body had thinned out even more, relying on a baggy pair of black cargo pants and a form fitting army-style jacket to keep her warm. Her residency became almost nomadic, sleeping in various houses and apartments, leaving in the dawn of a new day. Her horse, Ukaglay had been taken from Casa the last day of living there. A reliable compadre in the rest of her time alone. The sky was quickly darkening, despite the feeling of a foredooming spring. Her pace upon the mossy ground became hurried, intent on finding a comfortable place to rest for the night. There was a series of words that repeated within her mind, could easily be called self-therapy. Hadley didn't exist. Ismeme never existed. Her life hadn't been spent with Hadley. That all never happened. It did! And this was why she was alone. So much for her attempt at distracting herself. The marks that marred her arms and legs, and higher abdomen were the blunt of her distraction. They had done this to her. They should have been the ones to bleed, to simply sit and watch the liquid of life bubble from their veins, feel her horror and defined anguish. How the fuck had she let this happen? Have a simpleton slip in and whisk her lover away, advertently ruin whatever shambles of her life in shambles. The dagger at her belt was her only weapon, her only protection. The sword had been misplaced in Casa, her former home. Large coyote ears swiveled sharply as the sound of a bird warbled above her head, wishing the world a goodnight before the cloaking of dusk covered it all. Why was she do cold? Why was every hair on her body on end? What power bestowed such unfortunate fates upon her soul? That was why the bible had been dismissed. That was why the cross no longer hung around her heart, but rather in the pocket of her pants. No deity of any form could fix, or even attempt to patch this up. Who had cursed her family? Killed the most prominent couple in Milano? Slay her only family? And now shattered the only value she thought she held.

The sky was slowly turning a rich navy, stars beginning to peel from the cloud cover. Buildings were rather isolated from where the small hybrid now stood, not a one in sight. Wonderful. More walking...The hand that led her horse by the reins twitched impulsively, removing from the hardened leather to stroke the long creamy snout of her Clydesdale. The ground was all that proved habitable, beggars certainly couldn't be choosers. Sighing, the woman threw her duffel bag to the ground from her willowy shoulder, letting Uka amble off. The dappled brown and ivory horse never went too far astray, perhaps he just realized the loneliness of her mistress in these times. Or simply the horse chose not to wander. Each thought was easily dismissed. There just wasn't time for those misplaced ideas.

The young Vansenza sat herself down on the ground, watching distractedly as Ukaglay stomped off to graze the last of the new grasses for the night. Her bag was opened, fingers wildly pawing through for her knife and lighter. There was enough sticks and chunks of wood enough if she looked, all Selene needed was to set the dry grass before her knees ablaze. With a small cry of triumph, the loner found the object and flicked it to test its usefulness. A spark ignited into a small flame, and she dipped it down to watch the grass crackle with the heat by her feet. As a small flame erupted, the coydog jumped to her feet and quickly scooped small twigs and sticks that were so luckily littered around her makeshift camp. The fire could be fed better later anyway, this was all it greatly needed. Slowly, settling back down to sit cross-legged, Selene threw in the wood slowly, watching the flame envelope the wood hungrily. It had grown to a satisfying size, flickering just a few feet from her legs. Sighing, placing her hands behind her to rest upon her palms, the girl gazed into the night sky, evermore hating how she had stared into that same sky with a certain someone.

<3 around 7:00 pm, dated to the 4th of April...Sorry for the unnecessary length...

<style type="text/css">
.selstars b {font-weight:bold; color:#eee2e3; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia;}
.selstars .ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:right;}
.selstars p {text-indent:0px; padding:2px 15px}
.selstars {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#32631c; background-image:url(http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z35 ... 684209.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fff; padding:340px 0px 3px 0px; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#000000; line-height:16px;  letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC : This is dated after he should be accepted into SL so I'm playing it as he already is in there.

It was weird to finally say that he was part of a family again. Even though he really wasn't too much of part of the family because he was still somewhat of an outsider. He had only been in the pack a few days, and he knew only a few of the wolves there. Reykr set out early in the morning to get out of pack-lands to do some hunting. He took his stag with him as well, and he walked in his secui form around. There was a bear cloak and a few of the other things he might need on this night away from his home. These objects included buy were not limited to inks and dyes, needles and a chisel, as well as his bone bow and his arrows. He also had matches and other small things that were needed for the night out. He did not plan on returning tonight, considering the whole morning was him getting as far out as he could from the packlands so that he would be able to find some good meat elsewhere besides in the territory itself.

He moved on and on and on, his pace breaking out into trots and brisk walks when he didn't want to run at full speed. Val, the Elk followed a distance behind the wolf, making it look like they had nothing to do with each other rather than the opposite. Reykr moved forward with a grace that was known of the Helsi family and he held his tail straight out, and stiff, as to not spread his scent all around. His ears were pinned back against his head and his body was held slightly lower to the ground then normal for the huge secui male. His sweet corn eyes scanned the area, looking for something to hunt, but the search was pointless. The day was getting later and later and the male was not finding anything to eat. The hunter was getting hungry too, and tired, and he only had a few pieces of dried meat in his bags that were for if he really couldn't find anything to eat. Reykr thought for a brief moment and he decided that it was time to go bird hunting since he was so hungry.

He concentrated on his Optime form, using the reserves of energy his body had to change so that he can sit somewhere and wait for food to come to him. It took him a few minutes to shift up to his Optime form and when he did, he called Val over and took the bear cloak and the fox pelt loincloth from the beast and put on the outfit that he made himself. He grabbed his quiver with his bone arrows and he also grabbed the bone bow before he put the things on his shoulders and continued to walk. Val followed closer this time because he didn't need to worry about Reykr hunting on all fours. Reykr looked in the trees for something that he might want, but the birds hid so well tonight that he was having a hard time picking out shadows from birds. He took an arrow from his quiver and he took the bow in his other hand and he aimed the arrow at a tree, nothing really in particular, and then he let the arrow go. The arrow's noise scared at least four or five birds out of that tree and Reykr was quick to get two more arrows, Aim and fire at the flying birds. With each arrow he got one, and the other three got away. He didn't mind though, he got what he wanted,and it wasn't like these birds were small either. They were relatively big, and dove-like.

He moved to where the dead birds were and he picked them up and then started to walk along some more. He was looking for another tree with more birds, but soon he stumbled upon a sullen looking woman, her patterns almost close to his own pelt coloring. This made him wonder where she was from. His ears fell back submissively, and his tail pinned down against his rump as his sweet corn eyes looked at her. I did not mean to intrude. I'm looking for something to eat besides these two birds. he explained, without having to be asked for such a reasoning. He looked at her though and cocked his head. Are....Are you okay, m'lady? he asked. She seemed awfully sad about something..

<style type="text/css">
.fre1cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#95b4bc; text-shadow:#121f22 1px 1px 2px;}
.fre1cai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.fre1cai {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#4c6166; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/e0OKf.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #41565b; padding:220px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#90a8ae; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.fre1cai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.fre1cai p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.fre1cai p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

It was such a beautiful night, other than the dead end in her emotions and ways of life. Did she seriously deserve to sit there and rot while her former lover when on a psychotic romp with a screw-up? Sel knew very well she wasn't being fair, and it was likely she was as messed in the head as anyone. Yet the hurt left in her wake just seemed to concentrate and build to anger as it stayed that way. Ruby orbs gazed softly at the sky, a sigh falling from her thin muzzle as she connected the different stars into many diverse patterns. There seemed to be nothing better to do anyway. Selene startled as the fire popped, forgetting the orange luminance had just been by her feet as she let herself mentally wander. What sort of dreams would she come up with now? Her inheitetance had been taken when Amy had made her write that letter...So what remained for her to uncover for the next part of her life?

Almost dumbly, the petite coydog looked up as a dark silhouette of a man approached, his scent reaching her delicate nose before she had sighted him. The faint glow of the fire aided the young woman as she made out the details of his appearance, large ears perked attentively as she listened to his polite words. Selene hadn't expected to have any visitors that night, yet there was a small tad of comfort there as he stood there. I think I'm fine, I-I'm Selene. His coloring was very similar to her own, wondering vaguely if there was others of her species also dwelling in the area. A fluffy tail gently brushed against the ground as she glanced up, content and comfortable with having this stranger warm himself at her fire. You can use my fire if you like, I don't mind.

<style type="text/css">
.selperd b {font-weight:bold; color:#eee2e3; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia;}
.selperd .ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:right;}
.selperd p {text-indent:0px; padding:2px 15px}
.selperd {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#7b5b64; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/B53P5.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fff; padding:340px 0px 3px 0px; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#392a2e; line-height:16px;  letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC : Halalalalaaa :] +3(335)

She answered him, but not without a studder. His dark ears were pointed towards her, and his head was bowed lightly, though his eyes were still looking at her. He let his eyes fall to her tail for a moment though as she introduced herself. My name is Reykr. It's my pleasure, Lady Selene. spoke the man before he felt her eyes on him, and then she continued to speak to him. She told him about the fire and if he wanted to warm himself, then he could sit. He personally did not want to do it, since he had been looking for more food, but she looked so lonely, and Reykr would not be any kind of gentleman if he left her here all alone, and without food, so he nodded his head and took a seat rather quickly. He took one of the birds to his other hand and he placed it in front of her. You can have that. he offered with a smile as he finally let his eyes collide with her own ruby ones.

You don't smell of any pack that I know... Are you a loner? asked the man, cocking his head to her as he started to pluck the feathers from his bird. He looked at her though, and not the bird because he was being respectful as he spoke to her. His fingers were methodically plucked the feathers, and almost professionally since he had been used to doing this type of thing. It made sense since he had been plucking feathers from birds since he was just a pup. He'd always been interested in hunting and things related to that, so things came natural to him after awhile. Would you like me to pluck yours for you too? he offered to the woman, wondering if she would want him to help her or if she was one of those wolves who did not care much about the feathers and would just eat around them.

<style type="text/css">
.fre1cai {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#4c6166; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/e0OKf.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #41565b; padding:220px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#90a8ae; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OMAIGAWD I love your writing style! Big Grin REYKR AND SEL SHOULD BE FRANDSSS

Selene didn't mind a little company, not the least. As far as she knew, it beat being alone. On occasions the young hybrid would wonder, could someone die from being alone? Unhealed within and broken? It seemed possible...Was it really? The doe smiled softly at the stranger, at least he wasn't the dangerous type. Now those kinds, she had had enough for a lifetime. Sometimes, Selene would regret her age. Want to take back everything, live like she was supposed to. A ditzy, simpleminded young individual who still had yet to see the world. Had a sense of innocence, a purity that was untouched by the horrors of the world. But life had taken that from her, had monsters take her purity and innocence. Shown her what it was like to hurt, and feel the pain with every daunting memory. 

Shaking her head, the young woman focused back up to the stranger, who politely introduced himself. Sel had to applaud his manners, as many she had met had lacked that certain decency. She had to forget. Had to shake Hadley from her mind. He had run off with a whore, and that little grey harpy had taken her happiness, and most of all home. The thoughts were left from her mind, as Selene directed a smile Reykr's way, a soft one that the firelight so courteously luminated. For now, it was alright to have friends around. And all the support, seriously helped.

Was the mottled man upset by staying in her presence? The thought haunted her for a moment, until he made it pack up and leave her mind. He engaged in casual conversation, inquiring about her pack, or loner status. How was she to respond? Yeah, I had to leave my pack--Casa di Cavalieri. The new one a bit south. Evicted. Pushed from her home. M-My lover--Ran off with the woman that threatened to kill me. And as far as I know, he doesn't give a shit about where I am, or how that...Well-- The girl quickly rolled up a dark sleeve to bare the scars, never proud of the marks. Love marks, pain marks. Loudly, Selene exhaled, slightly delighted to get that over with without the hassle of crying, of reducing herself to a simpering baby.

As the coydog was given the bird, Selene could only stare surprised. She was given food, a precious gift. Such a treasured thing. Without much consideration, her trust was given wholeheartedly to the dusky man. Thank you...I don't think anyone has ever given me food before... A whole bird. Selene could only watch bewildered. His fingers quickly de-feathered his bird, and he asked if the Lady of the Moon would have hers done as well. Maroon eyes wide, a delicate palm enclosed around the bird for a second. A long finger deftly pulled a feather from its body. The hybrid actually giggled, it came out so easily! This is how you do it? She politely shook her head explaining Maybe I'll learn...This is so--It feels so weird! It's all...Ploo!" Sel imitated the feather popping from the skin, and Selene was sure that he had done it much more professionally than herself. Reykr...Thanks. I-I have to repay you somehow... What could she offer? Skills? She was sure he must've known most of her own expertise, as she had always felt herself mediocre among the ranks of skill.

<style type="text/css">
.seblcai b {font-weight:bold; color:#c3f4ef; text-shadow:#132c2a 1px 1px 2px;}
.seblcai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.seblcai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#6faba4; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6MIzU.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #006059; padding:190px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#d1e9e7; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.seblcai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.seblcai p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.seblcai p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC : Reyrey could use frands :] Thanks as well for complimenting me, I enjoy your style as well <3

He could never be angered by being asked to stay in such a nice way as the woman had 'asked'. He didn't make any movement to leave, and Val the Elk finally came forward some more, seeing as Reykr was not planning on leaving any time soon. That's what it seemed like to the red elk, so he came closer and he started to graze closeby. Val didn't dare come within distance of the woman to actually be able to pet him or anything though, because he was not trusting of other wolves besides the man who had the same tattoo as the Elk. Sweet corn eyes looked at the woman who looked ever so close to his own appearance, with differences mostly in how the two were built. Reykr was bulkier, and more shepherd-like than the woman, for she was thin and willowly, as well as more coyote looking than anything. He found her pretty though.

It wasn't too soon when she began to speak to him of her pack and how she had to leave it. She also explained to him that it was a new pack, and then that he lover left her with a woman who threatened to end her life. Then how she didn't think that he cared about her and where she was. Reykr was silent, but when she lifted her sleeve to show him self-inflicted scars, the man furrowed his brows and shook his head lightly. He doesn't deserve you if he goes off with some other woman who isn't comfortable enough with herself to not threaten your existance. spoke the Salsolian. Better just to move on, find love elsewhere. I'm sure a beautiful girl like you can get any man she wants. the man spoke to her, a smile on his maw as he looked at the coydog women and he continued to pluck his feathers absentmindedly.

She thanked him for the bird, and to his surprise, told him that she didn't think she ever got a gift like that before. It's my pleasure, lady Selene. spoke the man, nodding his head and still holding a charming smile on his face before she spoke more. She begun to pluck her own feathers, and asked him how to do it. Rey chuckled at her antics with plucking the feathers before she thanked him again and told him that she needed to repay him somehow. He shook his head. No, no, no, no, no. You don't have to repay me, Lady Selene, it really is my pleasure. It's in my culture to never leave a woman by herself and hungry. It's almost a sin, so don't worry about it! the man explained, one of his hands going to his short mane and scratching his head. It's also rude for a man to ask a woman to repay him. Immoral. spoke the polite man, a smile still on his face as he looked at her with his bright sweet corn eyes that just seemed brighter in the light of the fire.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Big Grin

Word Count » 521

my road to hell is surely paved

Sel decided she could trust the man wholeheartedly now, after being given such nice food at that time. The coydog was drawn to his company, these other within from the soft and polite voice that carried to her. There was a lot of sick and cruel people in the world, and Reykr was not one of them. Her head whipped up as a sound, like something walking around caught to her large ears. It amazed her to see an elk, so graceful yet wary of her nearby. "Wow." Was all she could muster, a hushed fascinated whisper. She knew by the way the creature hung around the man with the yellowy eyes, that they had some sort of companionship. No threatening moves were pulled by the slim woman, not expecting to get to fondle its ears or anything, simply the fear of frightening it away. Her head remained slightly downward, not proud to have shown the scars that marred her arms. They weren't for bragging rights. None of that. But like a drug, one that wouldn't have her dazed and disoriented. Just something that would clarify her realities. That would show her what a screwed-up mess she had gotten herself into, that physical pain would keep away the stuff that had shattered her within.

Maroon eyes lifted curiously from long dark lashes, afraid of his words for a moment. How was she beautiful? How was that possible? Not beautiful enough for Hadley though. Came the angst chime replying, yet never would she mention that aloud to Rey. "I don't know about that." Sel mentioned quietly, stirring up the ground slightly with a dark foot. "But thanks, I mean--It's been a long time since someone's been nice to me." Apparently she was a traitor from leaving Casa, a misfit. Someone not quite suited to the ways of the world. Someone who couldn't do anything on her own. It was time to become a little more independent. But that, of course depended solely on if she could keep herself alive.

The dainty hybrid continued to idly pick the feathers from the bird, vaguely and absentmindedly wondering what kind of bird it was A chicken? A grouse? Who knew, she guessed it only mattered if she was getting to have it for a nice meal. And in that case, Selene was. For repayment, she was thinking of taking him food some time. To make up for the less he got for himself. But before she could say anything, he mentioned that all was well. That he was fine, that having a woman pay for something was wrong. "Alright." The girl hated to make herself sound like she would sell herself, as that was truly immoral. Like something Ismeme would do, in her mind. "Welllll...Maybe I can bring you food, or something someday. I mean, as thanks." A small smile graced her thin features, replying to the soft one as she met the sweet corn eyes. "That'd be cool if I can see you after this...You'd make a very valuable friend."

<style>
.sel-road2hell {font-family: 'Palatino Linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:.5px;  word-spacing:2px;  text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.sel-road2hell .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/smrcM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.sel-road2hell .ooc {font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.sel-road2hell .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.sel-road2hell .tagline {font-family:'Over the Rainbow', arial, serif; font-size:18px; padding:55px 15px 13px 0px; text-align:right;}
.sel-road2hell p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 10px;}
.sel-road2hell .inner .tagline + p {text-indent:0px;}
.sel-road2hell .inner .tagline + p:first-letter{ display:block; margin:5px; float:left; font-size:60px;}
.sel-road2hell b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.sel-road2hell u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 548 :: Idk why it took me so long to reply to this, I apologize. Also the birds are probably

I can't believe that I didn't say this sooner
I just believe that I was all displaced.

She acted as if she had never seen an Elk up close before. Val did keep his distance from the woman though, for he did not trust wolves outside of Reykr. He would not even approach Siv. Reykr did not blame the Elk, for it was unnatural for an elk to take a shine to any kind of wolf, because in the end, it was more likely that he was to be eaten than otherwise. Reykr and Val were friends though, almost the best of friends despite the lack of being able to effectively communicate. The gods sent the Elk to him, not to kill, but as a steed, and Reykr not only utilized that, but he ultimately accepted the elk as his friend and pet. Sweet corn eyes of the wolfdog looked at the woman as she spoke to him about not knowing if she was beautiful or not. Reykr reached over and touched her hand. You are beautiful, don't let anyone think that you are not. I mean, it's a shame to think that someone as pretty as you would let yourself think you aren't. the man spoke to her, a bright smile on his face before he withdrew his hand and continued to pick the feathers from his bird. And you're welcome. One who is rude to women should not even be allowed to be called a man. he spoke to her, telling her what he believed in. He was a gentleman for sure, but when it came to men, and being around them, he had a more prude nature to him. He was not a fan of other males, if only because they were threats to him, always.

So...Are you planning on making a home in another pack? I hear there are plenty around, even though I, myself am unfamiliar with them. he spoke, not mentioning anything about his own pack because they were a secretive pack, and he was not allowed to utter anything about his pack. Hell, he even had to cover the pack scent before he left the Thistle Kingdom. She spoke on to him, trying to repay him for his kindness. He did not require it, in fact, he was inclined to deny her help. You really don't have to. I'm a hunter, so I hunt my own food all the time. he mentioned to her, a smile still on his face, even as she spoke of wanting to see him again. He nodded his head. I would love to see you once more, maybe twice, or three times. Countless times, actually. he spoke chuckling softly as he continued to mindlessly pluck feathers. I'm flattered you think my friendship would be valuable. I'm sure your own is as well. he spoke and gave a chuckle before he placed got his quiver and took an extra arrow out and stabbed the bird through the anus and then up to it's head so he could roast it. He then started to hold the featherless bird over the woman's fire, and he rotated it slowly while looking at the woman again.

If you don't mind me asking....Where are you from? he asked, just a curious question from a curious man.

<style>
.Reykr-sie {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.Reykr-sie img{width:300px; float:left}
.Reykr-sie p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.Reykr-sie p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.Reykr-sie .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.Reykr-sie p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.Reykr-sie b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;color:#68875d;text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #000000;}
</style>
image © sie!

[/html]