Now if she touches like this
[html]
ooc: Got the new table up Big Grin

Don't make me change my mind.

Things were more difficult in this form, but she was getting along just fine. Naniko had been trying to hunt a little extra to fill up the cache in the basement, the one that they kept for Apollo and her patients so that they wouldn't have to hunt for themselves while injured, but it was taking longer than expected. She was thinking about asking Savina for help; her dark friend had offered a few days before, but wasn't sure just yet. Maybe she'd have better luck with hunting tomorrow.

Lately her stomach had been feeling better, and she was beginning to feel the first changes. It wasn't a very noticable thing yet, the small bump that hung from her sturdy frame, but she could feel the difference. It felt about the same as before, maybe around the same number of pups. She hadn't named those ones, but if these came out the same as their deceased siblings...she would make sure to name each and every one of them before she laid them to rest.

Naniko had one sheet in her mouth, another having fallen on the floor a few moments earlier. She couldn't pick up both of them so she was unfolding this one first, laying it on the floor and nosing the folds until the sheet lay flat. She picked the corner up in her mouth, whipping her head up. The sheet went into the air, landing over the couch in the corner of the room. This was the couch that she usually saw her patients on, and the last sheet had gotten pretty badly stained from Cercelee's last visit. Blood never came out.

[/html]
[html]
Conri knew that things weren't going to get better immediately and, since that day that he and Naniko had spoken when he returned to the lands, he had been trying to take things one day at a time. It seemed like everything was slowly settling in, though the silent panic that formed in his stomach when Naniko wasn't with him was still as strong as ever. Where was she? Who was she with? What was she doing? There were still even questions from that day that had yet to be answered. Were Kansas and Lucifer drunk? What if they weren't? Maybe they were secretly in love with Naniko and would make an attempt at getting her to do those things again.

Those thoughts plagued his mind as he lay on the bed, tossing and turning in an attempt to get comfortable enough to sleep. With his mind constantly wandering, though, he found it almost impossible to do so. Finally, after various futile attempts to settle down, Conri gathered his legs beneath him and leaped carefully off the bed. He did manage to catch himself, which he was getting better at, and started his way out of the room upon three legs. It took him only a few moments to make his way from the bedroom to the stairs, which he immediately descended, on his way to find something else to occupy his time.

It was on his way into the main room that he took notice, at first of the large sheet that flew into the air, but then his gaze shifted and he found Naniko. "Do you need some help?" It seemed that, even without being shifted, she was doing just fine for herself, which was more than Conri could say when it came to doing things on his own. None-the-less, he wanted to do whatever he could to help, most likely to make up for the lack of what he could do for her normally.

[/html]
[html]
ooc:

Lately she'd had more patients than ever, Khaden having brought Ember in. She hadn't realized how badly hurt the girl had been when she had come in before, so she hadn't thought ahead, to infection. Ember's shoulder was very, very badly infected--she'd been surprised that the Dahlia wolf had even been concious. That much pain...Naniko hadn't had to deal with pain for a while, and wouldn't have to for another month or so, hopefully.

She tried to arrange the sheet, jumping up onto the couch to tug at the corners. She had made sure that things would be availiable to her in her four legged form a week or so earlier, putting all the herbs on the bottom shelves and carrying all of the sheets downstairs to a different, lower cupboard in preparation.

She saw Conri and her tail wagged a bit. She wasn't sure how he would take the news, if it'd be good or bad this time...but either way she'd have to tell him eventually. Soon she'd be getting pretty big. "I'd love some help. I need to put a second sheet over this couch...they usually bleed through the first"

[/html]
[html]
I get this wonderous image of Naniko telling him while he's on the back of the couch and him falling off, and I didn't plan it that way. XD

Conri had taken notice of the fact that Naniko seemed to be doing quite a lot of work and, though he found it somewhat odd, he thought nothing more of it than it being her trying to rearrange her stuff. That's all that it really was in the first place, though Conri hadn't thought to question why. When Naniko noticed him his tail began in a very light wave, moving once more to bring himself further into the room, over to where she was working. Her voice caused his head to slide forward, tipping in her direction, and he nodded his head.

When he reached her and the second sheet he immediately dropped his nose to the ground, nosing at the sheet to try and reveal one of the edges. It was in the middle of this act that he stopped a moment, thinking, and withdrew his head. "It would be easier if you were shifted.." He stated, though his voice held something of a questioning tone. Why would she be doing all of this on four legs when she could do it in mere seconds if she were shifted? Jade eyes lingered on her face for a moment, searching, before he finally went back to finding the edge of the sheet, nosing around until it was finally accessible.

Taking hold of it with his mouth, Conri made a quick leap up on to the couch, dragging that side of the sheet with him. Carefully, he made his way up on to the arm of the couch, balancing as he climbed up to the top of it's back, holding the sheet there and waiting for Naniko to take the other side.

[/html]
[html]
ooc: lololol. HEY. They can still do oral Big Grin xD

She used to be much shyer around him, but now she wasn't afraid of saying anything that might make him angry or annoyed. She knew that it would be easier for her if she was shifted, but she wasn't. And she couldn't. She was in this form because she wanted to keep him happy, keep herself happy...she wanted this litter to live. There was less chance that she would fall on her stomach in this form.

"Yes, it would. And I'm not." She said through a mouthful of sheet, standing up on her back legs and straightening it on her end. It was that kind of banter that she had missed in their relationship over the last month or so. She had been afraid before that he might take her seriously if she said anything like that, or think that she was mad with him...when really, she was just trying to get things back to normal. As normal as they could be.

"But I don't want to fall down the stairs again. Less chance of a direct hit to the stomach in this form"

[/html]
[html]
Conri eyed her for a moment from the top of the couch, silence settling in around them. For a minute there he was almost uncertain that she would respond but enough she was speaking. Conri twisted himself around, facing away from the middle of the couch so that he could drop the sheet and leap off as to not mess it up trying to get down. He tugged at it a bit while she fixed her side, making sure that it covered semi-evenly and moved to jump. Before he could manage to begin, though, she spoke, and Conri stopped, turning his head to her as he words reached his ears.

It was something about the way she said it, something that clicked in his head almost instantly. Suddenly, and quite randomly, Conri fell from the back of the couch, perhaps out of shock, landing with a loud thump and the sound of scattered clicking, his claws on the wooden floor as he attempted to catch himself. For a moment the young hybrid wasn't sure what exactly had happened, whether or not he had heard her words right or if he was just taking her out of context. Instead of getting up though, he simply laid there, staring off at the wall and pondering these facts quietly. He couldn't quite give a reaction if what he was assuming had yet to be confirmed.

[/html]
[html]
ooc:

She climbed back up onto the couch, putting her front paws over the back of it. Even for a normal wolf Naniko was large and she could easily stretch herself over the back, paws nearly touching him. She was very suddenly nervous, unsure if this was the right thing for them...if he wanted to stay with her, still, even. Would pups help things, or just make it worse?

"I don't want to hurt these pups." She confirmed, keeping her eyes intently fixed upon him.

[/html]
[html]
Conri didn't make a single movement until she appeared atop the couch, lifting his head to meet her eyes with his own. He watched her a moment, ears bouncing forward to meet her words, before he finally gathered his feet beneath him to stand. Conri hesitated a moment, making sure that the fall had done no real harm, before hoisting himself up, balancing on his back legs while looking for a good place on the back of the couch to rest the single front leg. Finally, resting his leg against the plush couch, he inched his back legs forwards and pushed his head up toward Naniko's.

"I won't let anything happen them either..." His voice was quiet then, words accompanied by a wag of his tail. He stretched as far as he could then, craning his neck upwards in an attempt to nuzzle his mate.

[/html]
[html]
ooc:

There were many things that she couldn't do in this form, but loving Conri wasn't one of them. She wasn't worried about messing up the sheets, as they could be fixed again later on...just worried about what he might say. He could know for sure that these pups belonged to him, unlike the last litter. She still loved those children...but both of them had to move on eventually from it.

"You should come up here" She suggested, giving him a lick across his nose when he put his head up next to hers.

[/html]