Pardon?
[html]

Word Count → 234 :: Back-dated to March 28th; at the base of Halcyon Mtn, beside Pictou River.

Cerberus had hiked through the mountains all afternoon in order to exercise his weakened limb. Climbing over rocks and slithering past shrubbery, it felt great to work out again. He hadn’t really attempted exercise since the attack, save for a few strolls around pack borders. But today he was pushing himself after taking it easy with Insomnia that morning, trotting at a rhythmic pace that kept his heart pumping in his fluffy chest.

Soon enough, however, his body screamed for a break, forcing him to tiptoe out of the mountains and rest in the grass beside the babbling Pictou river. He bent over the water, lapping at it until his belly couldn’t hold any more. It was terribly cold even for mountain run-off, but Cerberus didn’t mind. It immediately chased away the heat that nestled amidst his thick fur, lowering his body temperature until he was comfortable once more.

Leaning against a large boulder, Cerberus peered up at the sky as his chest heaved with each labored breath. He was out of shape, to be sure, but he didn’t feel as fatigued as he had expected. The clouds were turning lovely shades of pink and orange as the sun crept behind the hills, and he knew that soon he’d have to turn around and sleep away the night beside his pack-mates. For now, however, he’d enjoy the many colors as they danced above him, serenading the sun as it fell.

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Hadmk.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:183px; height:200px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

xD Wandy is most convenient in Optime form, I hope you don't mind~

Slim bodice was perched on a rock near the river, pelt a mottled mix of ash and cocoa, with small patches of ivory contrast. Harks were held back with a tentative contemplation, nimble fingers lightly tracing the top of her staff, which was implemented as a cane. Wander was waiting, ever so patiently, for that pesky little Gamble to return to her from his bug-hunt. Jade sights and their milky pupils were gazing off, clearly miles away from her current location. As always, long chocolate and ebony hair was kept meticulously brushed and straight, due to her aversion to tangles, knots, or anything that felt relatively grimy.

Quietly, the dame hummed softly to herself as she remained pensive, until a sound of approach caught one of those silvery-tipped spires, and she turned faintly, minty gaze glancing about, though for the most part blindly, as she searched for the source of the breathing sound, body alert as she held onto her cane.

Is someone there? Could you please state your business, and show yourself? Preferably close to my voice, kek, she asked in an inquisitive tone, worry somewhat lacing her words as she waited for a response.

<style type="text/css">
.wan3cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#bd93a0; text-shadow:#1c0e13 1px 1px 2px;}
.wan3cai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.wan3cai {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#625a6a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/1BfhJ.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #544b5c; padding:205px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#aba2b4; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.wan3cai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.wan3cai p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.wan3cai p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 408 :: OOC

A tiny sound like the tinkling of a bell caught Ceri’s attention, and he detached from his brief mediation in order to locate the source. No more than a few paces away sat a canine with a staff, her gaze turned away from him while her words seemed to dance straight toward him. Realizing that what she’d said hadn’t fully registered, Ceri replayed her words in his mind until he understood, and then he smiled. It was amusing to him that she asked so politely for him to show himself, to state his business and relieve her worry of a threat. Finding it only fair, Cerberus concentrated on shifting into his optime form, forgetting for a moment that such a change had caused him great pain many days ago. Fortunately, now only a twinge rippled through his healing body, and soon he found himself on two legs and…unable to see? He blinked, and then blinked again – yes, everything was dark. But then he realized why: his hair had grown so long that it now hung over his face and covered his eyes. Pushing the white curtain back, Cerberus released a brief sigh of relief as his vision began to work again, and then gathered his hair to drape it over one shoulder. It wasn’t terribly long, but long enough to be a nuisance, and immediately he resolved that he’d use his new knife to cut it when he returned home. His ears pricked forward then, and he slunk toward the fae, his snout working out her scent in rapid sniffs.

Now beside her, Cerberus took a moment to look over the woman and admire her appearance outright. She was beautiful in an odd sort of way, and the coywolf immediately found himself wanting to know more about her. Like Insomnia, she had an exotic look about her that grabbed Ceri by the throat and shook him free of all reason. This woman didn’t even have to be in heat to draw him in – he was already intrigued.

Evenin’ stranger, he said, his eyes swiveling up to meet hers. It was then that he realized there was something amiss in those green eyes; she was blind. Placing a gentle hand on the woman’s knee to let her know he was there, he then knelt beside her and smiled. My name is Cerberus, and I was just out for a walk. What are you doing out here on your own?

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Hadmk.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:183px; height:200px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

--

That slim visage held a slight look of surprise as she continued listening. Someone was clearly there. She could hear them, as well as an almost numbing silence as she tried to focus on their movement with cocoa and silver hark. They tracked his movement, hark swiveling. She paused a bit, nimble fingers tightening their grip on the staff in a display of her nervousness.

"Evenin' stranger," came the voice, which helped her to relax. Her milky pupils turned to him, left one making out his blurred form, though with a lack of detail. Jade lanterns were curious, now, and she gave a quick jump once a hand touched her, not realizing how close the stranger truly was. Damn depth perception. "My name is Cerberus, and I was just out for a walk. What are you doing out here on your own?"

With those words, she gave a faint scoffing sound, a slight smile tugging her lips lightly in a gentle smile.

The same can be asked of you, Cerberus. I'm just a drifter, kek. Nothing special, she said softly, curiosity evident in her words. My name is Wander, by the way. Wander Huxley. I'm waiting for my bird to come back before I set up camp.

Her slender muzzle turned up slightly before dipping once more, helping her to examine the stranger's smudged shape. The dame was petite in stature, fragile in shape, and she gently set her cane off to the side.

<style type="text/css">
.wan3cai {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#625a6a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/1BfhJ.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #544b5c; padding:205px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#aba2b4; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 310 :: OOC

Wander. Wander Huxley. Cerberus repeated the name in his head over and over again – what a lovely name it was. Lovely name for a lovely creature…lovely, lovely, lovely. Ceri’s face contorted as a result of the odd thoughts and feelings coursing through his body – what was going on? Like a love-sick pup not really sick on love he stared at her, scarcely able to tear his gaze away. He was glad that she couldn’t see him, for she would have surely slapped him by now. ‘Staring is rude,’ echoed his mother’s words through his frazzled mind. But he couldn’t…quite…stop.

Birds are…wonderful things, he finally said, flailing for words to break the silence. His hand hadn’t moved from its perch on her knee, and upon realizing this, he left it there still, justifying the action with the explanation that it would ease her nerves if he left it there. Peering up at the sky, he scanned the warm atmosphere for any signs of a winged creature, almost daring one to appear and disrupt his moment with her. Everything – even down to the little noises she made when she spoke – captivated Ceri, and he wanted to scoop her up and take her home, to keep her all to himself. But he shook his head – what nonsense was this? She was the very epitome of a stranger, and here he was acting like he’d admired her from afar all his miserable life. Leaning against the boulder upon which she sat, Cerberus returned his gaze to the vacant eyes of Miss Wander. I had stopped to rest after my walk, but I wouldn’t mind company as lovely as yours, he said. There was that word again. Gritting his teeth, he cursed himself tenfold for saying such a foolish thing, and then finally removed his hand from her knee to rest it in his lap.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

The hand on her knee didn't seem to phase the dame, and was a nice reminder that she wasn't just talking to herself. His silence, though, reminded her that he was, in fact, a stranger, and shouldn't precisely let her guard down too soon.

"" Her harks had fallen apt in a docile manner, but as he spoke, they perked forth once more to listen to the stranger's voice rippled through the tranquil quiet. Still smiling, she gave a slight nod. Of course, her bird was a poisonous little scrapper of a sort, but she still loved the hooded pitohui none the less. Jade sights remained turned towards Cerberus, proving that she was listening carefully as he continued.

"I had stopped to rest after my walk, but I wouldn’t mind company as lovely as yours."

Her visage took on a look of surprise from the phrase, unsure of how to respond for a moment, and the doe was caught quite off-guard, before she smiled, though sheepishly from the compliment.

It is rather nice to have company! It can get a little lonely, meandering about. Conversation is always something welcome, came the dame's response, friendly tones evident in her voice. But, um, if you wouldn't mind, may I get a look at you? So to speak? I'm just a little curious is all.

Slender hands were held up faintly, seeking a guidance so she could examine the stranger's features.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 215 :: Sorry, this one’s short ‘cause I didn’t want to powerplay her “seeing” him.

Never having ever had a blind woman try to “see” him before, Cerberus was quite confused as to how one would even do such a thing. So, naturally, when Wander asked to do so, he stared at her with an expression so completely dumbfounded that even the fae’s bird would have laughed at him if it could. Warm hues flickered down to her outstretched hands then, and he took them in his, merely assuming that this was what she wanted. They felt light and delicate, like hollow glass vessels, and Ceri feared he would break her by simply holding on. Tattered ears pinned back against his ivory skull, and he lifted her hands just enough to indicate that she could do as she pleased, finally pressing his cheek to her velvet palm in confirmation. An odd tingle shot through his hunched body, pulling him upright on his knees, and his eyes became lost in the abyss of Wander’s gaze. To say he felt spellbound was an understatement – it was more like he was irreparably crushed into a humble dust whose very fiber of being consisted of glittering sunshine. There was no explanation for the way he felt, except that perhaps Wander was an angel come to rock his soul with her very presence…and she had succeeded.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Crown tipped in slight, her chocolate and ebony tresses falling into her face slightly as he held onto her slender hands, awaiting for guidance. His movements seemed slow, hesitant... Which only seemed to make her feel more tentative.

The dame's palms gently touched his face, and her hark perked forward a bit, nimble fingers gently tracing the contours and details of Cerberus's maw and visage, those hands ghosting over every detail. Wander was curious, building the mental image of his visage, from the marred details of past wounds to the slightest detail in the structure of his jaws.

Carefully, thumbs outlined that jawline, before she withdrew those slim hands.

You have a very gentle face, yet you're so decorated, she mused pensively, harks dipping aft lightly as she referred to his scars. You must have a lot of stories. Would you mind sharing some? I don't have many of my own, but... I love hearing other tales.

The dame's hands once more folded in her lap as she kept that slender muzzle pointed towards the male, still attentively listening.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC

---

An odd sort of peace filled Cerberus as the fae's hands surveyed his battered face. No one had touched him like this in a long time, and even though she was surveying and not comforting, it still felt wonderful. For a moment, all of the ill feelings and emotional pain he'd been harboring dissolved, and he felt as if he was finally able to breathe.

The moment was over all too soon, however, and just as Cerberus was ready to lay his head in the woman's lap, she pulled away. His eyes fluttered open and his ears swiveled back in disappointment as he silently wished she would continue. Then she requested he tell her his stories, and he smiled weakly before lowering his head. Oh, you don't want to hear my stories darling, he said, idly pulling at the grass beneath him, they're all filled with pain and loss. He held a few broken, green blades in his hand and looked at them, and for some reason they seemed precious to him. Closing his fingers over the grass, he returned his gaze to the fae and looked into her swampy eyes once more. But what about you? he asked. Surely you have SOME stories.

[/html]
[html]

SORRY FOR THE POOTS REPLY

Before she had removed her hands, she could have sworn that she could feel the slight tick of the male's head, gesturing faintly to place his head down, and the doe could feel a slight guilt for not helping him feel comfortable.

A slight smile tugged the dame's lips, her visage gentle as she listened to him. A look of gentle, caring concern tainted her features for a moment when he mentioned loss. A soft sigh of dismay slowly exhaled from that slender maw. How could one so kind and generous have such problems with loss?

I'm sorry to hear that, Cerberus... Losing someone is hard to go through, she reassured gently. As for my stories? Oh please... They're nothing of interest. Especially because I can't set a scene for you.

With that, the dame gave a gentle laugh, gesturing in slight to her mossy eyes.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: It's okay :3

---

Cerberus looked to the river beside them with a tilt of his head as he listened to the fae, smiling softly at her joke. It was true that he'd never met a blind wolf before - even his friend NAMED Blind had had untainted vision. So this made Wander all the more interesting; a treasure in the hybrid's eyes. With a swish of his soft tail, Cerberus shifted his weight so he now leaned on one hand while the other rested lazily on his hip. As he looked over the she-wolf's face, he realized now that the feelings of intense infatuation had quelled and he could see her more as the sweet, blessing of company that she was. Perhaps they could be more, but he knew that this was not the time to speculate such things. After all, he hardly knew the wolfess. And wasn't that the case with all of the canines he'd come to quickly swoon over? Instead of recognizing them as the kind, interesting, or fun creature they were, he immediately sized them up as a potential mate. This, he now realized, was a flaw that he would have to overcome, or risk certain disappointment and heartache in the future.

Wander, he finally said, his brows pinching together curiously, have you ever...been in love? Mismatched orbs returned to the fae's face, and he dropped his handful of grass before proceeding to pull up another.

[/html]
[html]

--

The question somewhat caught the woman off guard, and a look of surprise dawned her visage. Love... Well, that was certainly a question to think about. She looked pensive for a moment, those jade sights peering off somewhere distant while she thought.

Well. There are all kinds of loves out there. A love for family, a love for friends, a love for a significant other. I can tell you that I have a love for my family, and a love for new friends I meet on my travels, but when it comes to someone of whom I can settle down with... I guess my meandering lifestyle kind of interferes with getting to know anyone well enough, her small speech ended with a faintly somber note, her blinded eyes melancholy, though she still smiled lightly. But that doesn't mean I don't believe! There's someone out there for everyone. It just takes effort to find them.

That genuine smile returned to Cerberus, the chipper tone returning to the dame's voice.

I guess that's a benefit of being blind. You're able to focus more on knowing people for who they are. Though, I do sometimes wish I could be granted with a few moments of sight again.

Wander gave a soft laugh. I suppose I'm rambling now, though. But what about you, Cerberus?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 308 :: Sorry for the wait dear!

Cerberus listened to the blind woman intently, like a child learning from an elder. The concept of love was something that he’d always been curious about, and it was something that he’d never had any clue as to how it felt or even worked. She mentioned that there were many kinds of love, and this he somewhat knew. He loved his parents and brother, and he loved his friends. But it was the third kind of love that was foreign to him. All his life he’d only ever flirted with others and viewed them as a means of attention and entertainment. He never sought a relationship from them, but for some reason he felt pain when he lost them. This, he thought, was a big problem.

Don’t worry about it, he said in response to her apology as well as his own feelings. I appreciate you answering my question. I suppose love is a foreign thing to me, and therefore no, I haven’t ever been ‘in love’ before. But perhaps you’re right – perhaps I just haven’t found my mate yet.

It was a comforting thought, for nearly all the women (and even men) Ceri had met thus far were taken or ended up being taken. He feared he’d forever be a lone wolf, forced to wander the wilderness without any sort of companion. This, in all truthfulness, was what fueled his desire to flirt with both men and women – he was scrambling for any sort of companionship, he saw now. Taking Wander’s hand in his, he gave it a gentle squeeze and then lifted it to his face so she could “see” that he was smiling at her. He didn’t dare wonder if he would find a mate in this woman, but instead enjoyed her company and hoped that they could at least remain in each other’s lives.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for late, pootsy response *w*

As soon as Cerberus had taken a hold of that slender hand once more to prove his smile to her, the dame smiled gently, giving a soft laugh. That milky gaze was warm and compassionate as she stared in her new friend's direction. The mottled pelted miss cupped his cheek gently for a moment more, still remaining friendly in her touch.

You know, I honestly don't doubt that you'll find someone someday, Cerberus. You're a very kind fellow. It's people like you that make my peregrine lifestyle worthwhile! the doe chimed lightly, sincerity evident.

But if I may be as so bold as to ask, what exactly brought up the question?

Her voice was curious once more, hand still lightly touching his face, as if reluctant to withdraw. Usually, people weren't so open to being touched by a stranger, and it comforted the stormy-pelted fae that someone actually was willing to allow contact, and that she could read their expression. Hark was still held forth as she continued to focus her attention on the snowy male.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Cerberus
Love me always

Again Ceri’s thoughts circled around the fact that this woman was incredibly interesting to him. The way she used her hands to see, the way her eyes looked like warm milk, the way she smiled despite her situation – it was all interesting indeed. Interesting, and amiable.

The words she spoke next made the smile on Ceri’s face grow infinitely wider. He’d been paid compliments in his lifetime, sure. But for some reason, the sincerity of Wander’s struck him to the core. To him, it was as good as if she’d told him that he was a super hero bound to save the world. There was hope for him – hope for a miserable, chewed up wolf with personality issues and a ravaging hunger for attention. She could have been lying, but somehow Cerberus didn’t’ think so. Thank you Wander, he said, his voice somewhat shaky. That’s very kind of you to say. Then, after a brief sigh, he added, I hope you’re right.

Then she asked why he wanted to know about love in the first place, and his gaze fell to the grass once more. How could he tell this wolf that he suffered from the inability to decipher infatuation from true love? How could he tell this wolf that part of him was so terrified of commitment and the thought of sacrificing everything for one creature that he actually wanted to know what the ‘warning signs’ were so he could avoid love and save himself the trouble? How could he tell this stranger that he was broken? He couldn’t. Ceri couldn’t possibly expect her to understand, or perhaps even care that he was the way he was. Besides, it was far too much information for a relationship so young. So instead, his explanation was thus: I was simply curious. Like I said, I’ve never been in love before and I wanted to know why everyone says it’s so great.

OOC

template by revo. <3

[/html]