Return to the tribe
[html]

Word Count :: 890 :: Placed during the evening. Luna returns after her spiritual journey with a tiny friend.

Smooth, worn nails scratched the humid, musty floor beneath them, producing no sound other than a murmur which blended with that of the wind's voice. The gleam of a fresh summer meadow scrutinized the invisible path that would take her to the only place that she considered worth returning now. But her tall, lean figure wasn't the only thing that disturbed the natural peace of the neutral land she walked on. A smaller figure, a blaze of red and yellow, strolled near the taller body of the wolfess, sprinting whenever the pair came across an obstacle.

A mile away...just a mile away She repeated in her head as a chant. For a second, her green gaze fell upon that of the creature beside her, and the memories of their fortuitous meeting...

Time had passed since she first joined that peaceful tribe. She fought beside them, she suffered beside them, and she even lived moments of joy beside them. But, for some reason, she felt a bit alienated. That was why she had spoken to Ulilohi. She would leave the pack, but not forever, as many of her friends had. No, this journey she was doing would enhance her identity as one of the tribe. It was a spiritual journey. As the tradition dictated, she left the pack lands unarmed, bringing nothing with her but her spirits and her inner strength. Years of experience in hunting aided her when she was in need, and memories cheered her up when her mood was down.

One cold night, in which the female was looking for a refuge, and, blessed the coincidence, a house was what she found. It was a humble cabin, handmade, and solitary. She waited for no invitation, and entered right away. But, to her surprise, there was an owner to that apparently ruined shelter. His name, she never learned it, but she came to know him pretty well. An old man, too old and sick to sustain himself, and too tired to try harder, showed himself before her. She introduced herself, and he listened. He offered her asylum, as long as she made him company.

For three days, she worked for him, bringing him food and water, and telling him stories to pass the time. However, he refused to allow her to heal him. He was tired, he said with his eyes, i want to sleep, forever. In the end, he died, and the wise woman saw him part with a smile on his face. His body was very sick, and he wanted to leave this world already. But he didn't want to die alone.

Upon burying the old man, the green-eyed female left the house. She was alone again. But not for too long. The day after the funeral of her recently deceased friend, after shaking the morning groggyness off her head, a yellow figure catched her eye. It was a small animal, one that she remembered seeing sometime in her life. They stared at each other's eyes. Being a predator, the wolfess expected that she would scare the animal away. But the more she waited, the more apprehensive the weasel's eyes turned. This was getting a bit unnerving.

"Hummm...why are you staring at me?" She asked out loud. She didn't expect an answer from the strangely intelligent-looking animal, so it was rather surprising when it answered.

"I could ask you the same question." Surprise manifested on the wolfess' features in the form of raised eyebrows and a slightly opened mouth. She stood up and walked towards the critter, realizing that there was something out of place with it.

"Who are you?" She wasn't sure, but she thought that the weasel rolled its eyes at her.

"Who am I you ask? I am your spirit guide! You should know it." The spirit exclaimed, closing the distance between them. It was then when she noticed that the weasel was a female.

"My name is Mihewi. I am the one who will guide you throughout your life, Luna." The alluded stiffened.

"How do you know my name?" Black marble eyes half-closed as Mihewi grinned.

"I am your guide, I should know it. Now, if you do not have any other issues to attend, I guess that we can go back." It sounded more like a command, despite the childish voice that chirped every time the weasel opened her mouth. A nod was Luna's only answer, but the truth was that, inside, a strong emotion filled her. Maybe it was relief, maybe triumph, or maybe pride for reaching her goal. But her journey was over now, that was for sure.

"Hey, Luna, we are here already" The same voice that had been ringing on her head for the past days brought her out of her daydreaming. A look upon her surroundings confirmed the guide's statement. The familiar borders of the AniWayan lands were displayed around her. It wasn't exactly the place where Dawali had met her and accepted her in the pack, but it was still a place she had explored before. Nostalgia bloomed inside her chest as she crossed the barrier that limited the AniWayan lands, Mihewi stepping on her ankles. A big smile began to form on the former Kunikoti's face, who broke into a trot in the direction of the hut that served her as a home.

Luna lives "Luna says" Luna thinks "Mihewi says"

<style>
.freebietable-a07 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/MFrah.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 70px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.freebietable-a07 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.freebietable-a07 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.freebietable-a07 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
</style>
[/html]