Last Chance
Amy had been working on training with Raoth. The coyote had been eager, looking forwards to the battle. It had gone well enough for the first part, but he finally managed to figure out that now was a good time to escape, while he wasn't chained up. He'd broken into a run, leaving Anathema behind. Bellowing with rage Amy had shifted into her heavier secui form. Paws hit the ground hard, watching her prey dart before her. He was so light, the time she'd spent making him a warrior doing well for him now. Not yet broken, escape still rested in his mind. It wouldn't happen after this though. Amy would make sure of it.

Raoth darted off to the side, leaving her line of sight. Amy snorted angrily, searching for his trail. She was forced to slow down, concentrating on following his scent. The large dog wove through the trees, knowing that sooner or later she would catch up. No one escaped her, and that was the truth. Whether it took a few hours or a few months, Amy always caught those that escaped from her grasp. She never forgot, and she always got her revenge. This time would be no different.
Thanatos was hunting, following the scent of a buck, when a male carrying Amy’s scent came running through the trees. Assuming he was one of her slaves, he figured he could help the golden assassin in retrieving her pet. Quickly, he grabbed some rope from his bag and moved through the shadows of the trees, keeping silent as the male came closer. Once he was close enough, Thanatos reached out to grab onto his arm, reaching around to the other to tie the two together tightly. He tied another piece around the males muzzle so he couldn’t snap his jaws down onto him.

He picked the male up with ease and slung him over his shoulder, carrying him with one arm as he headed towards where the male came from. Soon, he saw Amy in her Secui form, still looking beautiful. He had made sure not to injure the male in any way and he walked towards Amy with the blank expression still on his face. ”I think you lost something.” He sat the male down on the ground in between him and Amy, holding the other end of the rope that was connected to the mans wrists.
Being grabbed from above was unexpected, Raoth thrashing around as he tried to escape. Ending up trussed up as well as a Christmas pig he was dragged back to where a very furious Amy was. She was following the path, trotting along the scent. When she caught up to that good for nothing coyote he was going to wish he'd never tried to escape. Growling she moved over the grounds swiftly, skidding to a stop as a black wolf dropped down before her. The slave was slung over one of his shoulders before being dropped on the ground. Sniffing at Raoth Amy confirmed he was uninjured.

As soon as she was satisfied his escape hadn't done any damage to him Amy proceeded to tear through Raoth's arms, pulling off skin and rending fur. The coyote couldn't even cry out his pain, the ability to speak long since removed. Sharp teeth carved his body before she was satisfied that another attempt wouldn't be made. You can't escape. Teeth bared she stood over the young coyote, drilling that thought into his head. Raoth shrank down, blood loss making him dizzy, emphasizing the nightmare before him. Amy looked up, blood dripping from her muzzle as her attention turned to the one that had returned him. I didn't need your help.
Amy came rushing over to her slave. After making sure he wasn’t injured, she tore into his arms. Thanatos didn’t flinch. He was used to seeing such things back home. He never had his own slave though, not seeing a point when he could get everything done himself. Roath appeared to be dizzy from all the blood loss when Amy looked up at him, blood still dripping from her muzzle. She sounded irritated. Thanatos could really care less, he was just returning the slave.

”No, you didn’t need my help. You could have done it on your own just fine, I’m sure of it. He was heading straight for me though and carrying your scent, so I figured since he was already coming, I would collect him for you. I meant no disrespect by it Miss Amy.” He bowed low, both in greeting and respect. ”If you want, I will leave. You don’t seem to want my company.”
Thanatos' words calmed Amy down. He was being very respectful of her, and she sat down, licking around her muzzle to catch the blood. The coyote had passed out at this point, so she'd have to drag him home. Well, that was fine. The point was that he learned his lesson and stopped trying to escape. As long as that point was got across Amy could care less about what else happened. Feeling fairly sure that the last of the blood had been licked away Amy shook herself out. I don't mind your company. I suppose I should give you something in thanks. Accept it please.

Moving a short distance away Amy found a place to change back into optime form. She pulled her jeans back on, buttoning up her blouse. Looking fairly respectable once more Amy returned to where the assassin was. Her hair was loose, tumbling around her as she didn't have anything to put it up with. Distastefully she studied the coyote, trying to think of the best way to get him back without staining her clothes with blood. At last she settled on taking the rope that Thanatos had provided and using that to drag him back. Walking back towards Anathema she glanced behind her, indicating for the dark male to follow.
Amy seemed to calm down at his words and she sat down, licking the blood from her muzzle. She stated that she didn’t mind his company and thanked him. ”There is no need for thanks but I will except nonetheless.” He bowed his head to her, always being respectful to other assassins.

He stayed where he was while she left to shift and get dressed. He had only his weapons with him at the time, having left his cloak behind. Thanatos knew a lot of females preferred the comfort of clothing. Isa and Thana didn’t care for them though, two of the few women who didn’t like cloths at all.

Respectfully, he kept his back turned as she got dressed, only looking at her once she came back. Amy began to drag her slave back and glanced behind her, motioning for him to follow. He walked beside her before looking down at the male. ”I could carry him for you if you like.” He wasn’t trying to insult her or make it seem like she couldn’t do it on her own, it was simply an invitation and nothing more.
Thanatos moved up to join her side. The two killers walked side by side in relative peace, Amy secure that he wasn't interested in killing her. After all, he'd had plenty of chances to help. He could have used Raoth as bait, knowing that she would go after him, then killed her. He could have killed her when she'd been punishing the coyote, or any other times. His courtesy was definitely getting her to warm up to him. There was a respect to him that she rarely encountered in others, constantly underestimated.

The offer was met by a brief nod, Amy stopping her movement. She was certainly strong enough, both of them fully aware of that as was suggested by his tone. She wasn't in the mood for dragging him back however, and was certainly unwilling to get blood on her clothes by picking him up. Amy was used to using others to do things that she didn't care for, and she agreed happily enough at his offer. She had to think about what someone like him might like as thanks for doing such a task. He had said it was unnecessary, but Amy was determined to do things right, and pay off her debt.
He walked beside her quietly until he offered to carry her slave. She nodded, accepting his offer. Once she stopped, it only took a moment to pick up the unconscious male and lift him onto his shoulder. Thanatos carried him with ease, knowing Amy could easily as well. She was a strong woman, perfectly capable of handling things on her own. Amy certainly was a strong and beautiful woman. Possibly worthy enough to carry on his bloodline as well. Only time could tell.

Thanatos told her no thanks was necessary but it seemed she would be determined to repay him somehow. He looked her over once before speaking. ”If you really wish to give me something in thanks, I will let you choose.” He looked over at her with a smirk on his face. ”Is there anything you have in mind?”
The slave was picked up, slung over Thanatos' shoulder as easily as a deer. Moving along Amy stopped as they reached Anathema's borders, knowing that bringing him past would bring unnecessary attention. Already the crows were acting up at her presence as she didn't spend enough time around Anathema for them to have grown used to her. She signaled for him to drop Raoth before silently continuing deeper in, hoping that he would wait for her return. At her wagon Amy dug through, wondering what would be good to repay her debt.

She settled on a short sword, solid and well built. It wasn't fancy, but neither was what he had done. If he didn't like it, there was little else she could offer him. At least this gift promised to be useful for him. Amy didn't know why he traveled without weapons, but the ability to kill without them was in them both. It was just harder to trace who the killer was when blood wasn't in one's teeth and claws. Returning to the border Amy held out the short sword, waiting for him to accept it.
Amy stopped once at the border of Anathema. He dropped Raoth at her signal and stayed there, knowing full well that it was a bad idea to step onto the territory. Thanatos waited patiently for Amy’s return. He didn’t know how far she had to go and therefore, couldn’t judge when she would be back. So, he decided to relax and lean against a tree as he waited.

Amy came back to the border after a few minutes and held out a short sword. He hadn’t expected to be given anything but accepted it nonetheless. Thanatos didn’t want to be rude, knowing she was giving it to him as payment for carrying Raoth for her. Thank you Amy. He gave her a small bow in thanks. He knew he wouldn’t be using the sword too often now that he was a member of New Dawn but he would try to make use out of it every once in a while.
A small bow greeted her, again met with a smile. He was a perfect gentleman, courteous and aiding her in her tasks, while fully aware that she was just as capable as him. Amy wasn't sure which of them was stronger, but Amy was content with letting that rest for now. She could learn that another day. For now she was simply satisfied with what they had, him listening to her orders and following while she did as she wished. Thanks for your service. I would love to have you stop by again. Perhaps next time we'll be able to just chat, instead of dealing with other troublesome canines.

Her smile was sweet and inviting, despite how cold her words would sound, discarding all others and placing herself and this assassin on top. She turned and walked away, hips swaying as the proud female returned to her home, knowing that she would have to patch Raoth up to stop him from bleeding out. A nuisance, but she'd dealt with worse things. Meeting Thanatos had definitely brightened her mood.