Exploration
[html]

298w :: Placed sometime in the morning. Optime form.

This sudden return to the life she previously held was not as much as an impact as she would've expected. Everything was on its place when she returned to the no longer austere place she had chosen as her residence in the first place, and the land surrounding it seemed to me the same that she had left behind as she crossed the borders and trotted away. Actually, it only took the mahogany colored woman a couple of hours to rid the place of the rubbish that had littered the floor of her hut during her absence.

Covered with the same clothing she had worn before she felt the urge to go in search of her spirit guide, Luna took her leave from the village and headed towards the stables, taking a detour as she crossed the planting fields, evaluating the damages that winter had done to the growing crops. The snow had made its deed at burying the plants under a thick layer of snow, but now that it was melting, the ground, humid and muddy, was fertile again, prepared for another planting season. Odds were that somebody had already spoken to Ulilohi about the state of the land, but she would try to speak to her anyways. Mihewi made herself visible whilst the healer bowed to examine the texture of the soil, staring with its tiny onyx eyes. "The earth is still young, but it would be better if you spoke about this matter as soon as possible." Luna nodded and offered her arm to the spirit for her to climb, and climb she did, settling on her pupil's shoulder.

A last gaze to the fresh soil was directed before the faithful woman turned towards the stables, wondering if any changes had been done at all.

Luna lives "Luna says" Luna thinks "Mihewi says"

table by lin
<style>
.sabinoedlunaooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.sabinoedlunacred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:8px;}
.sabinoedluna p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.sabinoedluna b {color:#AEAD76; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #26240C; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.sabinoedluna {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#26240C; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:399px;}
.sabinoedlunainner{background-color:#736B33; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... unatab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:130px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #3E3B13; width:399px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Out of Character: Yay Shanta for being awkward as possible! Word Count: 337

Shanta had left the village before dawn today. She had set off with a shawl on her shoulders and an empty satchel hanging down her side. Now, she was on her way back to the village from the woods near the D'Alli Ranger Station. She had been out collecting herbs for her new home. She had finally decided to get a small hut built for her. Now, she needed to fill it with items to make it more homey. In order to do that, Shanta had gone out to collect feathers, stones, glasses, and different herbs. The herbs she collected were mainly cleansing herbs, bay leaves, comfrey, coltsfoot, dandelion, lavender, etc. Her satchel was heavy and full of all of her new décor items. Shanta fixed her satchel, adjusting it so that it was more comfortable. She was finally getting to the working fields, her eyes taking in the damaged fields. She saw a dark figure standing in the fields. Her eyes took in the feminine characteristics and her nose picked up a faint scent. It was Luna. Shanta was a watcher, she knew everyone even though she really didn't know anyone. She realized that she was quite alone in the pack, she had no friends.

Before she knew it, Shanta was making her way across the fields, her path heading straight for Luna. She wasn't quite sure what she was going to say and she suddenly realized that this had been a bad idea. She silently wished she had curved around the wolf. Her sudden impulses often got her into awkward situations, but she was already heading straight towards the she-wolf. Shanta continued on her path and as she got closer to the other wolf she noticed the small weasel on her shoulder, Luna's Spirit Guide. “Hello,” Shanta called as she came within a good ten feet of Luna. “You're Luna, right?” She remembered hearing of her return from her Spiritual Journey. She had obtained her spirit guide, one of the highest honors in the pack.

<style type="text/css">
.shantablossom-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.shantablossom b {font-weight:bold; color:#f2d4d6; letter-spacing:1px}
.shantablossom p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.shantablossom {margin:0 auto; background-color:#d0a4a9; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/2s9ejc0.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 210px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#554447; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #392729; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

321w :: Hehe, luckly Luna is also awkward, staring at people as she does XD

The chilling weather of the north was no problem to the heavily-pelted wolfess, who found it not necessary to wear clothing other than her skirt, which was more an adornment than a useful item. However, the shawls that had become a fashion amongst aniwayan females were, mostly, beautiful pieces, probably hand-knit. Had she cared more about her image, she would've begged any of her packmates for a piece like that.

It was still early, so the medic's movements were still stiff, specially because of the cold surface she walked on. However, the humid land allowed her to spot another canine approaching in her direction thanks to the sound of her paws against it. Light green stared at the girl as she approached, srutinizing her with curiosity. If memmory didn't fail her, the scent of the sandy female was among those of the other pack members. Any doubt concerning the female's origin was cleared then, and Luna saw hindrance to greeting her as well. "Osiyo!" She answered, using the little AniWayan that she knew. Hearing her name from the she-wolf, she stepped forward, shortening the distance between them. "I am, indeed." A dark auburn finger pointed towards her chest. "But I fear that I don't know your name, I'm sorry." She giggled nervously and then, with a respectful fashion, the mahogany female made a gesture in which she pointed towards the wooden buildings that were the storage and stables. "I was about to head there. The crop fields seem ready for the planting season. I wanted to chech that there were enought seeds to plant." Partly the truth, for her interest had also laid on any particular change that may or may not have been made to this dear land of hers during her absence.

The invitation was open, and she waited for the tatooed woman to answer when her eyes fell on the garment covering her interlocutor's shoulders. "Hey, that's pretty."

table by lin
<style>
.sabinoedlunaooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.sabinoedlunacred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:8px;}
.sabinoedluna p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.sabinoedluna b {color:#AEAD76; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #26240C; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.sabinoedluna {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#26240C; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:399px;}
.sabinoedlunainner{background-color:#736B33; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... unatab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:130px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #3E3B13; width:399px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Out of Character: Sorry for being so late!! so overwhelmed rightnow

Shanta pulled her shawl back over her shoulders, it having slid down slightly as she moved. “Oh, I don't blame you.” She giggled a little bit out of awkwardness. Fisting her hand over her heart, she stated her introduction, “Ale ayv dagovgi Shanta Wanagi,” She bowed slightly, showing mutual respect. “But you can just call me Shanta.” She smiled and then looked to the sky. The sun was finally making it's way up, slowly warming the air. Her eyes followed the woman's finger to the stable. She thought about the food storage and the seeds. The fields were getting ready to be planted. When Luna complimented her shawl, she looked down at it. “Why thank you. My grandma made it for me.” /

“Do you mind if I go with you?” She asked the female. “I need to head that way anyway.” Her hands went up to the shawl, adjusting it again. Then she fixed the bag on her shoulder. She thought about everything she needed to get done today. The fence needed to be checked out. All of the animals needed to be fed and watered. The horses also needed to be ridden. She was tired from her almost sleepless night, but she was ready for the day.

<style type="text/css">
.shantablossom-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.shantablossom {margin:0 auto; background-color:#d0a4a9; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/2s9ejc0.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 210px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#554447; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #392729; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
270w :: No problem! XD

Shanta. It was a pretty name, indeed. Luna nodded in recognition, careful not to disturb Mihewi. At first she got confused when the other spoke in AniWayan, but got it when she offered a simpler version of her name. Ale ayv dagovgi. She'd remember that for later.

Doubt still shone in the woman's shiny blue eyes, despite Luna's invitation, and so it was confirmed when she requested her permission to accompany her. "Of course! Lets go." She answered, nodding in the stables' general direction, and then she turned, glancing back a couple of times to check that Shanta was still following her.

On the way to their destination, the Kunikoti thought about the hoofed residents of the pack, and remembered a couple of her visits to the place, when some of the former members still roamed around. Then she had been taught the basics of horse-riding, a skill very much appreciated among her pack mates, but strange to her. Yes, she had tried to mount this mare, Strawberry, once, but it had been under Liliana's guidance, and she seriously doubted that the equine would recognize her after such a long time. That was why she didn't spend so much time in this particular place. She needn't be reminded of the fact that Liliana was no longer among them, nor her lack of skill when treating horses.

With a tone of casual talking, she tried to open the communication channel between her and the tattooed woman. "You are an Elan Soquili, right? you know how to treat animals?" She inquired, hoping that she knew something about the matter of her interest.

<style>
.zero-pink p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.zero-pink b {color:#f74883; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px;}
.zero-pink {font-family: trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#a0143b; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; background-color:#f5efcb; background-image:url(http://zero.sleepyglow.net/images/otras/yard/pink.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:260px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #babf8d; width:400px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Out of Character: wc: 313

Shanta's eyes looked over the spring sky, so warm and blue. The sun was making it's way through the sky and the temperature was rising. She smiled at the thought of it soon being summer, though she loved the cold winter, the warmth seemed so welcoming. She looked over to the animals that were just over the hill. They seemed to enjoy the changing weather as well. Food for them will be easier now and there will be no worries of any of them freezing to death. Her mind pulled pictures of her past. Riding on summer days was always her routine. Everyday she would go out for a ride to cool down under the trees.

Shanta brought herself back to Luna, she could tell that the woman had a hard time with the language that had taken her so long to learn. Shanta nodded her head as hey walked up to the stables. The animals here were her life, animals had always been. "Vv, I am an Elan Soquili. I love the animals." Her eyes found the cow and sheep in the fields. She would need to refresh their water and food. Her duties to the tribe were always enjoyable, except when the sheep chewed on her and the cow licked her with it's sharp tongue, but she still enjoyed their presence.

Shanta entered the stables and went to the tack room. She put down her bag and her new treasures and then returned outside. She looked to the woman in front of her. "You need to check the crop seeds?" She waited for the woman to respond and then looked about the stalls. She turned around and walked back in. Her eyes looked through each stall and each horse. She gauged the cleanliness of both and decided that someone must have beat her to the morning clean. She returned to Luna, "Sorry, I had to check on the horses."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
395w :: Finally a reply!! Big Grin Sorry for that, hehe

Already in the stables, Luna took a quick glance around and back to Shanta, who seemed to take a sudden interest in the animals. Her statement about her love for animals was proved right when she went on to check on them, leaving the medic by herself to observe the animal caretaker perform her duties. It was quite fascinating. She moved a bit to the side so she could observe the cattle graze in the replenished lawn. Spring had brought about more than just fresh air and warm weather when the snow diminished, and she was happy to see the hervivores taking the best part of it.

Not very long after that, Shanta was back, asking her if she wanted to check the crop seeds. "Yes, but I'll wait for you." She said, going back to the animals. A rustle from the building again reassured her about the sandy-colored woman's presence, and she was already turning to face her when said woman came out, apologizing for her lack of attention. "No problem, we can go now." Nodding her head in the direction of the main storage room. It all seemed as if nothing had changed, except for a few additions to the amount of cattle and horses. However, the amount of food did alarm her, for it had dimmed since the last time that she saw it. She was glad that corn and other grains were still enough to plant, but some other resources, such as potatoes, weren't so. "This is not good." Worry carved a few wrinkles on her forehead, and she almost forgot about her packmate, if it wasn't because the sound of her paws on the floor startled her. "Oh, you are there...sorry." She muttered, and her gaze fell on the dark storage room once again. "The grain supplies are dwindling for what I can see. Do the horses have plenty of food?" She asked, eyeing the animals in question. They seemed well fed and happy, so she tried o calm herself. The food was not going to disappear from nightfall to the morning.

"Well, food is not going to run away anytime soon. Would you like to do something else?" She asked. "I still have a few things to do, but I can leave them for later." Plus she had yet to hunt, but didn't tell the tatooed female that.

<style>
.superluna1 b {color:#E5EDF6;}
.superluna1 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px;}
.superluna1 {font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#26384F; letter-spacing:.1pt; line-height:9pt; padding:5px 0px 165px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/UAXKw.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#6689B3; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.superlunabord {width:452px; border:1px solid #000; -webkit-box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D; box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Out of Character: I should be much more active now that I am on summer (: my next post should be a lot longer! wc: 200

Shanta followed the woman into the storage room. She, too, had noticed the drop in food supplies. However, the animals had not been affected by it, so she was not too worried. "Not to worry, the animals are getting enough food." Shanta nodded. "The spring grass has been very helpful to assure that they eat enough." Luna's concern for the animals made Shanta grow more respect for her. She glanced around the room and then observed the other woman. She could sense the tense air around her, she was worried. "I'm sure Ulilohi has a plan for getting more seeds." Shanta tried to reassure her. Since she was blocking the doorway, she turned out of the storage room and waited right outside.

"Well, if you'd like, we could go for a ride." Her mind painted the image of trees and wildlife. Then she realized the woods would be much more lively now that the weather was warmer. She imagined the squirrels trotting across branches and deer fleeing through trees. "We could even hunt if you'd like." Shanta was excited to ride, her duties yesterday had kept her from her usual ride. "Have you ever hunted from horseback?" Shanta asked curiously.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
312w :: Mihewi is visible...and sorry for the delay ;_;

Shanta was right. It was pointless to worry over something that couldn't be immediately, and which was more a council's concern rather than her's. She took two deep breaths to calm herself down. Patience was a gift she had been blessed with. A better occasion would come for her to warn the others about the planting season.

The expectatives of riding a horse thrilled in her two ways. There was this excitement prior to an invigorating activity, but also the fear due to her not having practiced it at all. Horse riding? no problem, she knew the basics to communicating with the horse. Horseback hunting? problem, she had no idea about what to do. The closest that she had been to it had been once when she saw J'adore at a battle, as high-spirited as the mare which he rode. Only that, instead of prey animals, fierce and bloodthirsty Lupercis had succumbed under the hands of such a powerful pair. So, indecision bloomed and manifested in the form of twitching fingers and tail, but disappeared as she processed the proposition further, and finally calmed down. It wasn't as if she was being forced to do so.

"Err, no, I have never done it before." Realizing her drift in her explanation, she corrected herself immediately. "I mean, I have riden a horse before, and I remember a few things. But I've never hunted from horseback before..." She didn't mention the fact that she didn't hunt with weaponry either. She trusted her claws and fangs to that chore. She was also a bit scared of the animals themselves. They were trained, she knew it, but she hadn't developed a true bond with them, neither did she knew their personalities. "I don't mind giving it a try, though. It must be exciting." She said willingly. Life was, after all, about learning new things, wasn't it?

<style>
.superluna1 b {color:#E5EDF6;}
.superluna1 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px;}
.superluna1 {font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#26384F; letter-spacing:.1pt; line-height:9pt; padding:5px 0px 165px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/UAXKw.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#6689B3; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.superlunabord {width:452px; border:1px solid #000; -webkit-box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D; box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D;}
</style>[/html]