Pack Gatherings and Incentives
[html]

Hey all!

Since we had a good discussion going, I wanted to move it to its own thread so it doesn't overwhelm the Maintenance board.

The topics we have up are for;

1. Monthly Prompts; (Member Sponsored or not)
  2. Pack Gathering Frequencies
  3. Pack Moving Possibilities; (Necessity/ Future Plot)
  4. Pack Joining Incentives

[/html]

Going ahead and moving my ideas over here.

Monthly Prompts: I do like that it'd be sort of sponsored by a different member, so some would have a fun cultural thing, others something of a light-hearted project, and whatnot. And the bonfire idea sounds fun too!

Pack Gathering Frequencies: A monthly thing might be fun, but it should not have to be mandatory every month, or even occur at all every month; that can get redundant/exhausting, and the old one might not even be finished by the time the new one is started! Obviously situations change, so there might be more time/fewer big plots going on that allow for pack gathering. But having some mandatory and some non-mandatory, spread out, would be good. Smile Perhaps there's simply a big incentive to join rather than making them mandatory, unless it's an important (introducing change of rules, plot, etc) gathering?

Pack Moving Possibilities: Maybe in the future there will be conflicts and a reason to move, but it's a bit much right now, especially for realistic reasons with the puppies. But it might be a plot to think about if there's a big lull and drama wouldn't hurt more than it'd help. ;3

Pack Joining Incentives: I'm not sure on this... I will offer all I can artistically can, however. xD But incentives might not necessarily ensure someone staying, even if they do get a table/avatar/points out of it.
Yes to all but maybe the move. I agree with Raze and think the with the pups, moving right now is a bad idea. But later might be interesting. And with the rest, I'll go with whatever. We do need more members unless we disband Sad
Did anyone else have additional ideas/ inputs? :-)
Moving: Not happening for Kiara at least. She is stuck in Wentworth Valley. If the pack were to move, it would have to be without her.

Monthly prompts: Next month I could do a story telling pack thread. There could be a fire if someone wants to build it. I love Native American stories so I wouldn't mind adapting one for wolf lore. We could make it a round robin type thing as well. Each member tells a different story.

Pack Gathering Frequencies: I agree with Raze. Every month would be tedious, but some could be mandatory. There are also InH holidays that should be coming up. We missed Ostara but we could do Earth day.

Incentives: No idea. I had Kiara join InH because of her personality and it simply fit with the pack. If InH can just keep its traditions, people might just naturally be drawn to the pack.