Old friends...or was it s'pose to be...
Adonia was working on bonding with her bird, her scent was now fully blown intoxicating. She tried to ignore every urge and every scent of male that came to her. She may be in heat, but she was a female of dignity. She was around the moonstone lakes. Their beauty unsurpassed in her mind, but she always thought that about anything beautiful that crossed her path. Her legs carried her carefully around the land as her eaglet perched himself on her back, almost nodding off a few times. Waking only to adjust himself here and there. She had been quite occupied with her bird, but has wondered about her mate. He was nearly at her side constantly but lately had grown a little distant. She had figured it was because of wanting to earn his way in the pack, so Adonia wasn't entirely worried about it yet. To her, the pack was just a haven and a place for warmth and protection from others and the elements. She did enjoy recognition, but she was more independent to want to have the spotlight on her, so growing in ranks wasn't her ambition. It was why she was also enjoying time outside of the pack, also she enjoyed this alone bonding time with her new friend.
[html]
Within the darkness, you are the light, That shines away.
You’re trapped in violence, I can be the man, Who saves the day
Word Count :: 000Adonia. (QUICKIE! Sorry for any grammar incidents, etc. Will improve on next post!) <3.

Echo had been resting by the Moonstonelake for for quite some time. It was in here that he had been hoping to find a partner. Back in his own territory, it seemed that just about every female he knew had found one, so, why not try looking for one elsewhere? The male could no longer resist the urges that wandered throughout his body. He needed somebody, and soon.

Image courtesy of taivasalla

<style>
.GR2_Echo p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_Echo b {font-family:verdana; color:#ece6a8; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Echo {background-color:#5e3602; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#2b0e03; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/4858/echoh.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:220px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #2b0e03; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Echo .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #2b0e03; }
.GR2_Echo .name {text-align:right; font-family:Ruthie; font-size:80px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:38px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_Echo .lyrics {color:#edeff4; text-align:right; font-family:Overlock SC; font-size:12px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px;}
.GR2_Echo .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #2b0e03; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
She wondered around the lake and a scent of another came to her, it was a familiar scent she had smelled in easily a year, if not longer. It was an Aniwaya...and male, a familiar male, but she couldn't figure out how and why it was familiar. She continued forward curious to find the smell, her own heat scent thick around her and surely carrying for a mile easily for a canine to smell; wolf, dog, or ....coyote. Her two toned eyes finding the male she couldn't recall well...but she knew she had seen him before, perhaps even talked to him. The only place she knew she had to have seen him was within P.V., her old home. She stopped moving watching him for a moment, the eaglet on her back suddenly perking up and looking at her then to where she was looking. He blinked a little then pecked at the back of her head. Adonia's lips lifted and she snarled at her bird a little, "..no...don't do that." She still wasn't sure about a name for him. A few suggestions floated in her head, but she wanted to give him a perfect name, and once his personality stuck out to her she was sure a name would fit perfectly. Her eyes turned back to watch the wolf who seemed to just lay there near the lake.

Adonia wasn't sure about approaching him, but she wanted to know where she had met him, where she had seen him before.
[html]
Word Count :: 000Adonia. <3.

It wasn't long before Echo picked up the female's scent. He could tell it was familiar. He couldn't guess who it was, but it was certainly from someone long ago. He could also tell that this female was from another pack, and that she was in heat. Perhaps she wouldn't mind meeting a lonely male. Especially one who had been looking for a lonely girl. Glancing around the lake, the male spotted the female. Eager to find out who she was, Echo stood up and continued to where the female was resting..

<style>
.GR2_Echo b {font-family:verdana; color:#ece6a8; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Echo {background-color:#5e3602; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#2b0e03; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/4858/echoh.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:220px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #2b0e03; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Echo .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #2b0e03; }
.GR2_Echo .name {text-align:right; font-family:Ruthie; font-size:80px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:38px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_Echo .lyrics {color:#edeff4; text-align:right; font-family:Overlock SC; font-size:12px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px;}
.GR2_Echo .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #2b0e03; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
Her eyes watched as the male approached, he didn't only smell familiar he looked familiar. A part of her wanted to wag her tail and greet him pleasantly, but then another side of her wanted back away and avoid him. Her emotions were mixed, and then as he came closer the smell of non-Aniyawa on his fur, and he smelled of sex and blood. Her ears went back and she let her lips curl up, "...you stink of another female..do you have a mate?" She asked, why she cared, she didn't know. She had a mate, so why would she care about this male? Maybe it was the hormones, but her two toned eyes watched him, waiting for an answer, her paws slowly making the distance between them come to nothing but a matter of a few inches.

The weather was nearly spring like and the bird upon her back had become quiet watching the male, he still didn't understand wolves yet, and he soon would know that any male other than Ookami shouldn't come near her. Shouldn't be allowed to show their attraction for her. Soon most likely within a year or so, he would make it apparent for them to leave her alone, and watch their backs when it came to him. He was a bird that could easily take down a wolf, he was a strong bird of prey.
[html]

Echo looked into the female's eyes, with a mixture of joy and content. He could tell that the female before him was indeed the kind he was looking for. She seemed so beautiful, yet so familiar... Perhaps she was someone he had met about a year ago. "No, I have none... I am searching for a lover, though. I do remember you..."

<style>
[/html]
OOC: Sorry my post isn't very big...not getting much to work with.. :/

Her eyes watch the male's posture, gait, and expressions trying to understand him. He didn't seem to pay any attention to anything but her. She was uncertain of him, other than he stank of another female. "...who is this female I smell on you? It seems like you've got a female, so why are you searching?" Adonia knew she needed to mention she already had a mate, but the scent of the other female needed to be addressed. Then he spoke of her being familiar and she gave a light smile, "..I'm Adonia Demos..I am of New Dawn as of recently. I did live in Phoenix Valley before it turned into Ichika no Ho-en." Her voice kind as usual, "...probably that is where you remember me from..Phoenix Valley was very close to Aniyawa."
[html]

"Yes, I do. I do remember you, Adonia." Echo was shocked at the name of the female's name. She was the one who had left him long ago. The one he had hoped to become soul mates with. Either way, it didn't matter now. What did matter was whether she still wanted to be with him. He was desperate for anyone, and Adonia seemed so perfect.

Echo listened to the she wolf's words with sadness. His previous mate was someone who embarrassed him greatly. Someone who lacked a heart. Someone he hoped wouldn't find him. "Yes, I do smell of some other female. She was someone who... used me. So, I am looking for a new mate."

<style>
[/html]
Adonia's ears went back at hearing the woman he smelled of used him. She couldn't say she had ever had that problem but she could imagine it hurt as much as being lead on about being loved and cared for...then left. Echo didn't seem to give him much time to grieve on things, he was already back on the horse--so to speak. She sat down, not quite thinking of the bird she had on her back. He fell down rolling then to the grass. He threw quite the fit as he made a squawking protest then nipped her tail. At the sound of and feeling of her eaglet tumbling down her back, and the squawking she turned her head from Echo to her golden eagle baby. Her ears intently perked while her eyes looked sadly to him before the sudden bite upon her tail happened. She jumped upward and spun, her back to Echo as she looked to her pet. "Hey! That was uncalled for!" She nipped the eaglet's beak holding it shut for a moment. There was no pain in her action on the bird, it just upset the bird more making it realize that him biting her caused him to loose his freedom in movement. Fighting her grip he thrashed but she held tightly on, any tighter and it would cause his beak to break. He continued to fight against her though, but he realized it was getting him no where and stopped. She released him and he glared at her defiantly. Her brows lifted as if waiting for more retaliation from him. Nothing. "Good...now I'm sorry for making you fall.." She came closer to the little eaglet and licked the top of his head. He didn't much care for her licks, but he knew it was a sign of affection and realized he was to be grateful for them. Shaking he fluffed up a little then came close to her side, trying to snuggle beneath her before she sat back down after she had refaced Echo. He was getting too big to get under between her front legs and against her chest, but as long as he could manage to fit, he was going to continue doing it.

Adonia looked back to Echo, "Sorry about that..this is my pet bird...he's still a chick, but I hope he'll grow into a beautiful Golden Eagle. I got him almost a month ago from a merchant woman named Amy...she seemed like a nice woman." She gave him a nice smile then realized that the scent he held was familiar, but let it go as her mind went from that to something else. His searching for a mate, Adonia wanted to help but she didn't know how she could, even if she knew single females, they were in her pack, and her pack doesn't much care for males trying to take away females...she was still new to the pack, she didn't want to cause trouble by bringing in a male just to meet the pack females. Adonia let her ears back, "Sorry...I'm not sure how to help you with your quest. Perhaps, you can find a female within your pack...or a lone female..."
"I see..." Replied the disappointed male. To Echo, Adonia was a gem. But her bird represented the devil of his past. The very thought of Amy being around drove the male insane. He wanted revenge against his former owner. He also wanted a female mistress to sleep with. Adonia seemed to fit that role perfectly. "Well, you seem lonely.... Do you have a mate?" The male slowly grew desperate. Adonia's body seemed so perfect. Too perfect. Every step Adonia took was an invitation for his lust. "I'd love to just... Lay with someone. I need someone who cares. Someone alike to you."
Echo was odd to her, she wasn't sure how to react around him. He had an awkward way of holding himself, and seemed to be wanting something from her. It wasn't until his phrase on how she seemed lonely, that it hit her. Her ears went back, "I'm not lonely, I'm in a pack...also, I do have a mate. I don't think you two have met though. His name is Ookami." He continued though, and her ears pinned back a tighter, now invisible in her fur. "...I think, it's time for me to go...I wish I could help, but I'm taken, and it seems like you're out for something I can't give to you.." Perhaps it was her scent, but Echo seemed to have been pushing her into a corner, and she was becoming uncomfortable around him.

She stood, backing away slowly from the wolf. Turning around Adonia watched him, as she began to walk away.
[html]
Word Count :: 000 The male was shocked with Adonia's response. Adonia seemed like a lone female, looking for a mate. No one would expect a lone female in heat to be travelling to some place like Sticks of Stones. Echo was looking forward to so much with Adonia. But after she mentioned being the mate Ookami, she seemed like an old friend he didn't even remember too well. "I'm sorry," cried the male. "I had no idea you were with Ookami... Please, stay." The male wasn't sure why he still wanted Adonia. Perhaps he didn't want their brief meeting to end so badly.

<style>
[/html]