You Could Convince Me
[html]
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Trade+Winds);</style>
Cerberus
Word Count :: 363 On Alecrest Shore. Sorry it's short, my brain was all written out lol.

A strange darkness had slowly come to settle over Ceri's being in the past few days, something that felt unfamiliar but, for reasons unknown to him, welcome. He had come to believe that his destiny was to lose those he cared for no matter where he went, and he would have to deal with that. A simple shrug of his shoulders amounted from each time he thought this, for he was also coming to believe that he didn't need anyone. Canines were just fine without him, right? Padding along the shorelines of Alecrest, Cerberus glared at the waters that dared roll toward him, as if they'd offended him greatly by simply doing what they were built for. His posture remained slouched, as if the dark cloud that usually followed him was now sitting upon his frail shoulders. His ears were pinned back and his tail was tucked, because he was used to having to submit to anyone he crossed paths with. A recent demotion to Pariah left Cerberus feeling even more bitter than usual, as he knew that his submission wouldn't be far from plastering himself across the ground now, lying flat with his belly up to show others just how much like the dirt beneath him that he was. He scoffed - that was the only thing beneath him now: dirt. At least he was over something.

Ceri's pale lip curled in a perturbed snarl as he continued to stalk along the shoreline, his pointed snout turning only once to spit at an approaching wave. His tail fell limp then, as if in rebellion against the earth and everything that it was. Then his ears stood erect, followed by his lifting head. Forget everyone! He wouldn't submit! He was Cerberus Antum, son of Teilo and Venecia Antum. His father taught him time and time again not to become soil for others to trod on, and he wouldn't let his father down now, no matter how much he despised him. They were right - he was capable of greatness. His snarl slowly curled into a cocky smile as his steps lightened, and he chuckled. It was about time he rose to the occasion.

Image courtesy of UmbraDeNoapte-Stock

<style>
.SS15141211_Cerberus .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.SS15141211_Cerberus p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.SS15141211_Cerberus b {font-family:verdana; color:#7fa58c; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.SS15141211_Cerberus {background-color:#0d091e; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#dae2d7; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/3430/atab3.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:266px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #586261; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.SS15141211_Cerberus .name {text-align:right; font-family:Trade Winds; color:#556260; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:28px;}
.SS15141211_Cerberus .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#ffffff; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #5c7774;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait. Big Grin The song she's singing is here.

Cold water swirled around the rocks as the waves came in, softly whispering some great secret over and over, over and over, repeating the message indefinitely in vain hopes someone would understand. Tiny pools collected in sandy pawprints before leaking away toward the greater ocean again. The wind coming off the water was cool, the bite of winter still in the north while the rest of the lands felt the increasing warmth of April and spring.

None of this bothered Pia Hayes, however. The girl-woman smiled in awe at her surroundings as she loped across the beach. Everything was unfamiliar: the whispering waves and sandy shorelines. And she was always one for the unfamiliar, whether the unfamiliar was a place or a situation or a luperci. She fought against the fear of the unknown by treating it like an old friend. It was simply how she did things, and it had worked thus far.

“Though better minstrels far than I

May strike the quiv’ring string;

And bards more worthy of the theme

Thy praises loud shall sing.

Yet I, a wand’ring harper blind,

With sightless up turned eye,

By harp and voice to honor Wales,

My feeble strains to try.”

Singing helped as well; the gentle tune came easily from faintly parted lips. Her upturned brown eyes were not without sight, however; they settled immediately on a pale shape marching across the shore with the air of someone confident and challenging. Even though there was some distance between them, the mottled she-wolf did not alter her course; she only altered her posture. Her dark tail came low, her ears folding softly against her chalky head. Submission came naturally to the gentle female, not because she thought herself any lower than others, but because it was the best way to avoid an unnecessary fight. She was a natural at placating the tempers of others.

But while her posture was coy, Pia was bold. “Hello!” she barked as she padded toward the male, one whose scent carried traces of the pack she’d skirted on her way into the mountains. It was a low scent, too, and maybe angry, like someone cast down wrongly. She could tell a lot about a smell. “It’s a nice day, yeah? Well—cold water but doesn’t matter if you not swimming.” Her toes flexed contentedly in the sand, her smile as careless as her jumbled words.

<style type="text/css">
.pia2cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#ccdde7; text-shadow:#453f24 1px 1px 2px;}
.pia2cai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.pia2cai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#d2c8af; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Wqg3D.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #c8bea4; padding:0px 0px 190px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#453f24; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.pia2cai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Trade+Winds);</style>
Cerberus
Word Count :: 313 My turn to be sorry for the wait! Lol. Pia is so different from Vesper it’s almost funny Big Grin

What was that? Singing? Yes, he could hear it clearly now, coming from behind him. The song was followed by the scent of a girl, and finally the turning of Ceri’s head. The coywolf looked over the dust-pelted female as she neared him, the smile on her face so large it almost seemed unnatural. But it was purely genuine, that he could see, and it inevitably put a smile on his face in return.

She greeted him promptly and Cerberus bowed his head to her. Normally he would have immediately spit out some sort of witty one-liner, but this time his tongue was bound. He found himself watching the girl, observing her like she was some sort of exotic bird or wild flower. She was a pleasant sight indeed, especially to someone who had lately become so used to pain and anger. And her next remark confirmed just how pleasant she was, for she commented on the day and added an endearing quip about the water. The brute smiled at the girl and chuckled, lifting his tail in an amused wag as he inched forward to steal a sniff from her. Indeed, he said, turning his gaze on the rolling waters, it is a nice day, and I can imagine the waters would be fairly cold – I don’t fancy a swim.

Cerberus then circled the girl before moving to stand beside her, inviting with his body language for her to walk with him along the beach. He gave her a reassuring smile, almost as if trying to convince her he wouldn’t bite as well as that it would be a stroll worth her while if she said yes. Shaking his mottled fur, a soft snort escaped his snout and he shifted his weight from one paw to the other; a rather wolfish thing to do. Finally he asked, Where are you from, stranger?

Image courtesy of UmbraDeNoapte-Stock

<style>
.SS15141211_Cerberus .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.SS15141211_Cerberus p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.SS15141211_Cerberus b {font-family:verdana; color:#7fa58c; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.SS15141211_Cerberus {background-color:#0d091e; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#dae2d7; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/3430/atab3.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:266px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #586261; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.SS15141211_Cerberus .name {text-align:right; font-family:Trade Winds; color:#556260; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:28px;}
.SS15141211_Cerberus .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#ffffff; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #5c7774;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

I know, right?! It's so weeeeird to play her.

The smile that spread across the coywolf’s scarred features made Pia want to sing again, but she only wagged her tail hard behind her. This was what she lived for, to see others like this. It was a cliché like in the songs, but she didn’t give a fig as always. Others could think her childish or foolish or naïve if they wanted to, but she was a woman grown despite her behavior, and she’d chosen her own merry path.

The pale male came closer to sniff at her, and she wagged her tail as she waited for him to be finished with his inspection. She barely restrained herself from murdering the distance between them, but she managed to be patient. He agreed with her about the weather then, completing his sniffing circle, stood next to her and smiled. The invitation was clear, and she followed him along the beach with a skip in her step.

“Far away, once,” Pia twittered when the young man asked where she was from. She paused and tipped her head thoughtfully. “Or—well, now I’m from Ichika. In the really pretty mountains, over there.” She gestured and grinned. “I traveled to look for my father, and—well, I’ve not found him yet, but someday maybe. I’m just glad I got a home.” She continued to wag her tail pleasantly, not thinking of apologizing for rambling about the answer. Sometimes luperci just had a lot to say.

“What’re you named, woodpecker?” she asked, bumping into his shoulder with hers and grinning sweetly.

<style type="text/css">
.pia2cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#ccdde7; text-shadow:#453f24 1px 1px 2px;}
.pia2cai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.pia2cai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#d2c8af; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Wqg3D.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #c8bea4; padding:0px 0px 190px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#453f24; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.pia2cai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
Slow Lexi is slow ;3;

Cerberus couldn’t deny that he loved the way this wolfess talked. It was almost like a riddle, the way her words twisted around one another. But he understood her, so she couldn’t be speaking in riddles. Though, poetry? Maybe.

The tattered coywolf also couldn’t deny that he loved the way the sand felt beneath his paws as they meandered along the shore. It was soft - pillowy almost - and it eased the constant, dull ache of his forearm in a way that the forest floor couldn’t. And it seemed as though this wolf knew the forests of the mountains well – she was from Ichika, their neighboring pack. I had no idea you were so close, he said, lifting his head as his ears perked with interest. I’m from New Dawn. Then he hesitated, wondering if what he was about to say next was justified or even appropriate. But, he said it anyway: Perhaps that means we’ll be seeing quite a lot of each other, eh?

Fresh waves rolled toward their paws, stealing sand from beneath them with each step. Every now and then Cerberus found himself swaying in order to keep his footing sure, and he had to squelch a laugh that rose at the thought of how comical he must look. Then, seemingly out of the blue, the she-wolf called him something that he’d never been called in his entire life…and it made him smile. Woodpecker? he repeated, his lips drawn back to reveal glittering fangs as he flashed his wolfish grin. Well, you may certainly call me that; it’s sweet. But my birth name is Cerberus. Cerberus Antum.

<style type="text/css">
.ceroll b {font-weight:bold; color:#af7945; font-size:16px; letter-spacing:0px; text-shadow:#fff 1px 1px 2px;}
.ceroll p:first-line {font-weight:bold; font-size:16px; letter-spacing:0px; }
.ceroll p:first-letter {font-weight:bold; font-size:18px; letter-spacing:0px;}
.ceroll .ooc {text-align:right; padding:5px 10px; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px;}
.ceroll p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ceroll {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#dfcdbb; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/A8Dtz.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fff; border-radius:20px; padding: 330px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: garamond, sans-serif; font-size:15px; color:#676058; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]