Ain't no rest for the wicked
[html]

`` D I S T U R B I A
nothing heard, nothing said, can’t even speak about it; on my life, on my head, don’t wanna think about it

Word count: 364 // +3 points
Sorry for the yucky post. My head is fried right now x.x
Setting: In the sugar woods by the old sugar houses.
Time of day: early morning around 5AM.
Form: luperci, hair pulled back in a loose ponytail

The Alaskan wolf had spent the past week traveling up and down between the borders of Anathema and another pack that he’d learned of called Casa di Cavalieri. When his pack questioned why he’d been so to-and-fro lately, he smiled and told them he was out searching for old human writing supplies and books. The tedious task seemed to keep most away, but a few looked at him with suspicion. He couldn’t blame them. For a brief while, a few followed him in his seemingly pointless endeavors. Having discovered he had been true to his word, though, they quickly went back home. Truthfully, he sometimes missed the company.

Alduin found himself straying from the comfort of Anathema more and more, however. He enjoyed the companionship of the pack, but something about it felt all wrong. They were his family now, and he knew that he would do anything for them if they asked; but, they weren’t his family. The thought confused the beast to no end, and it drove him to the brink of madness. He even left Amelia, his tiny weasel companion, at home before he ventured out. It seemed she had little interest in tagging along today, though. The wolf was too depressing for her now and she would not have her fun spoiled by the rain on his parade.

He smiled at the image of Amelia sticking her tongue out at him as he inquired whether she wanted to come. Chuckling lightly, he brought his thoughts to the present and searched around the abandoned sugar houses for anything of use. He found a few things so far: a few pencils, a worn out records book, and a small bottle of sap. Surprisingly, the bottle was still intact. He found himself grinning again as he stashed the object into a bag he’d brought along with him. With the sun still trying to rise, he had plenty of time to rummage through the old human construct. Who knew? Perhaps he would be able to find something to take back to Naniko. He remembered how much she loved human artifacts, and hoped that he would be able to bring something back to his friend.

release me from this curse i’m in; trying to maintain, but i’m struggling. put on your pretty lies, you’re in the city of wonder

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
OoC: Alduin could recognize the gauntlets as he would have been wearing. Then his eyes and voice and would look for the red Jaden used to dye into his fur. PM me with questions or whatever. WotD Points+1 Agley Words – 500+

Jaden had fallen into a mellow and slightly dull schedule. Since leaving Ichika, X’yrin, and all the other features that had become home for the past year, the Alaskan wanderer’s days had become quite empty. He woke up in the morning and usually went looking for something to do whether that was hunting or exploring. By noon he would be full or sick of looking through dusty human ruins and find something cooler to do during the warmest part of the day. Most often that was lounging about or climbing trees for a nice view. When dusk began to fall, the Optime, as that is the form he found himself in now and almost always, would locate a good place to practice his balance and fighting stances then find sleep wherever he saw fit. A simple schedule that he only ever treated agley when he chose to go back to his stash of belongings near Halifax.

Only a few constraints befell the wanderer. He dared not venture near Ichika for fear of the pain it could cause and he had decided contact with other wolves to be unnecessary. For the last three months he had said nothing, not even to himself, and things seemed simpler this way. There was less to worry about when fellow canines became only part of the scenery.

The sugar woods smelled dully like forest today and with a few sweet hints of spring. This morning had been started with a failed hunt but it hadn’t flattened the man’s mood any farther than its normal melancholy. He had eaten well for the past month and the missed meal wouldn’t leave him uncomfortable in the least. When he happened upon the sugar houses with plenty of morning to spare, he decided it was a fine time to go looking for items of interest.

The building he chose was nothing special with it’s missing door and collapsing roof but Jaden soon found a few things worth keeping in it’s musty and dark cornered innards after shuffling through cabinets and pulling at drawers. One of them was a small jar filled with a hard brown crystal that he knew once was sweet sap. After a few moments of being examined, it had found a place in his coat’s inner breast pocket and it clanked against the half empty flask therein. The other two items were a pair of black fingerless gloves. They where in decent condition and pulled on tight but weren’t uncomfortable. He was still admiring how they hugged his palms in the morning sunlight when he stepped out of the sugar house’s door-less doorway.

An alien rustle froze Jaden only a step out of the decrepit building and he glanced toward one of the few adjacent structures. A rather plain colored wolf stepped into view and the former Ichikan quickly turned away, not even taking a moment to look the other over properly. He flipped up his hood and pulled down his sleeves so they hid the dark fur of his arms and met his black and gold gauntlets neatly. With a swish of his long, unbuckled jacket he turned and headed in the other direction with his relaxed but utterly smooth gait. He had come this far without conversing with anyone. Why would today be any different?

Jaden does. Jaden speaks. Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.jadenland1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#333333; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #500000; }
.jadenland1 p {text-indent:10px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.jadenland1 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd5 ... e440px.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:5px solid #500000; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#500000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.jadenland1 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.jadenland1 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

`` D I S T U R B I A
nothing heard, nothing said, can’t even speak about it; on my life, on my head, don’t wanna think about it

Word count: 423 // +3 points

Alduin wasn’t a very firm believer in luck or fate. Everything was as you made it and if something happened to work in your favor or against you then it was because you had done something to make it so. Thus, when the wind blew behind him and brought with it the scent of a not-so-distant memory, he cursed his weakness back then and snapped his head in the direction of his unwelcome company. First he heard it: the jingle of the dangling buckles on the beast’s coat. Then he saw it: the glint of light reflecting off of the gauntlets before they escaped beneath the demon’s cape.

For a moment, Alduin could do nothing but stare at the man walking away. Try as he might, he couldn’t confirm that it was the one he sought, but he knew he would find out. With everything in him, he hoped that it was so he could have closure to the past. His instincts screamed at him to attack; to launch his fangs at the wolf and rip his heart from his chest. Already he could taste the blood of his enemy on his tongue, and the thought sent a pleasurable chill down his spine. The fur across his body stood on end as he took a few steps toward the possible stranger, his hands eager to close around the neck that hid beneath that hood.

Everything good that Alduin was had been buried deep within himself. The memories of the past had been too fresh in his mind since he arrived at ‘Souls and the feelings of hatred for his history had built up too much for him to bear; but he knew better, and managed to keep his emotions in check—just barely. So it was with a deep breath that the Alaskan wolf was able to calm himself and bring back the friendly smile he had been able to keep up for so long before. He was only able to move forward by a few steps, however, before he tried to reach out to the beast.

Excuse me,” he called, trying to keep his voice from wavering. “Might I ask where you are headed?

It was then that he hoped that the beast before him was merely a traveler that lost his way or someone that had been sleeping and finally awoke to go elsewhere. Anything would be better than what he expected. He dreaded the stranger’s response, but waited patiently from a distance for his worst nightmare to become a reality.

release me from this curse i’m in; trying to maintain, but i’m struggling. put on your pretty lies, you’re in the city of wonder

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
OoC: Short post >.< Words – 200+

After such a time of having no contact with others, hearing someone beckon to him made Jaden stop quite suddenly. The other spoke with kindness in his voice that didn’t seem odd at all. Just inconvenient. The Wanderer couldn’t guess simply by the sound of his words who this other male was. He wouldn’t be able to tell by his looks, either. But, when Jaden half-turned back to analyze the other, something within him cringed. There was something about this male didn’t feel right. He looked too familiar. After a matching the words with this man something about his greeting seemed strange too. Was it eager? The darker Alaskan wasn’t sure and, unfortunately, wasn’t someone who followed every gut feeling that crossed him.

Dark blue eyes looked dully back at the white wolf. Jaden took a moment to find the unused muscles that worked his vocals and had to clear his throat before speaking, You could, He sighed, but I see no reason why I need to share my business with anyone. Do you have a good for reason stopping me? The man thought his voice felt odd, the low notes reverberating through his chest as they did. To this stranger it would sound cold and unwelcoming. Jaden still held strong in his hopes to avoid this meeting. So he stood there, half turned toward the other being, half turned away and watched from under the dark lip of his hood for an answer. He would easily turn and leave when none came, as there was no reason good enough to stay.

<style type="text/css">
.jadenland1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#333333; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #500000; }
.jadenland1 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd5 ... e440px.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:5px solid #500000; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#500000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

`` D I S T U R B I A

Word count: 300 // +3 points
Me too… Sorry x.x

It wasn’t long before Alduin gained better control of himself. His eyes watched warily as the other turned slightly, but the rest of his body remained positioned in a nonthreatening manner. Despite being much taller than his unwelcome guest, it was obvious that he lacked the muscle the stranger had. He cursed his laziness as he glanced down at his own body. While he was not fat and out of shape, he certainly wasn’t built to fight someone like the wolf before him. So he stayed his violent instincts that demanded death, if only for the moment.

Perhaps not,” he said gently, “but I am curious, and I ask that you forgive my straightforwardness. Have your travels every led you to a place called Alaska, by any chance?

He forced his inquisitive grin to stay plastered to his lips, though he didn’t enjoy it as he normally would. The more he saw and heard of this man, the less he wanted to keep things kind and respectful. Everything within the massive wolf told him to stop playing nice and chew through his throat. No one could know the kind of restraint it took Alduin to keep himself from letting blind fury rule his senses. The last thing he wanted, however, was to kill an innocent passer-by, and that was the only thing that gave him the strength to keep hold of Anger’s rusting chains.

So he stood waiting for an answer, ears perked high and tail swaying gently behind him as he moved to clasp his hands together in front of him. His thumbs played around each other anxiously, but no other sign of a threat made its way to Alduin’s features. It was a draining process for the wolf, but one that needed to be done—for now, anyway.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
OoC: At least your getting more than 300 words. I'M the sorry one '>.> Words – 200+

At the mention of his birth home, Jaden's caution of this stranger grew. He watched the demeanor of the stranger, the way he stood, the way he grinned. He looked for any hint of menace. Someone associating him with Alaska might know of his past. But if his wolf knew him to be a dangerous killer, why would beckon? It could be simple curiosity. Simply connecting the fact that he was tundra wolf with a possible home. The other shared his thick fur and his size. They were of the same blood. Maybe the wolf was looking for a kindred spirit.

But he looked so familiar. Like a shadow in the darkness of a far memory, one that seemed to fade the more he looked for it. But the more the thought the more his gut urged him to regard the other with caution. Jaden turned to completely face the other and let his stance fall wide. He raised his jaw slightly and looked the other directly in the eyes, each a deliberate movement to discourage anything but respect and caution to be traded between them. I was born in Alaska and It was my home for a long while, His eyes narrowed and the Wanderer watched carefully for a reaction from the other. If he knew anything of who Jaden had been, it was bound to show. Too long, actually... That's an odd question, stranger. Have we crossed paths before?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

`` D I S T U R B I A

Word count: 407 // +3 points
That’s ok~ I have more to write about for Alduin right now than you have for Jaden, so it’s understandable. Once things progress, you’ll be fine n.n

The moment the stranger turned and lifted his jaw, Alduin felt something inside of him snap. The demon had revealed the last piece of evidence he needed to be convinced that the man before him was, indeed, his worst nightmare. The inner struggle soon erupted into full out war. He had to keep his body from shaking, and the tears from the falling to the dew-soaked ground. His heart’s beat quickened and he could feel his lust for the man’s blood rising from the once well-guarded depths of his soul. Everything that was good in him cried for mercy, but the beast within loosed such a violent roar of disagreement that he could barely resist.

For a moment his perfect guise faltered: his ears twitched and his tail stopped swaying with the breeze. The grin on his lips faded as his mouth opened slightly in disbelief. Nothing in the world could have prepared him for this meeting, but he knew that he was more than eager to stay and finish it regardless of the outcome. The split second passed, and Alduin returned his features to their previous positions.

Ah, it did seem like you were of the tundra. It is good to know I was not the only one from such a beautiful place,” he said, doing his best to keep up the smile that tried to fade from his lips. “It is an odd question, I agree, but it was one I had to ask. Curiosity can be such a pushy thing.

He grinned as brightly as he could—perhaps too much. It was in that moment that he felt like his body had betrayed him: his smile was too wide, and his teeth showed too much. But the smile was short-lived, and he hoped the familiar stranger would not have noticed.

But to say we might have crossed paths might be untrue,” he said, not entirely truthful or deceiving. “I lived quite a ways from any others with just my parents and myself. There weren’t many that I met, and the few that I did… Well, they were interesting characters, to say the least.

He was reluctant to give his name, and he knew the beast before him would catch on quickly to this. Though for now, he would do his best to try and act kindly. His better half hoped for a peaceful resolution, but the memories that flooded his mind made it difficult to make that hope a reality.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
OoC: Yes! Words – 300+

Jaden was an ethical person at heart. His history might not suggest it and he didn't believe it himself, but he was. What he had been part of, the horror of Alduin's past and the horror of the man's himself were one in the same. The assassin had hurt many people before leaving Alaska. It had been his job, his calling, what he had been raised to do. Nothing would change that and Jaden didn't want anything to take it from him. Nothing would relieve him from the sin. But he had paid his dues. He had lost the only person he truly cared about, watched her be executed by his brother. It had made him the person he was. Nothing would change that.

It seemed now that only ghosts of his past haunted him. Looking upon the stranger before him, a sickness settled in his gut. He remembered a similar colored pup from his past. How it had shirked him and his former pack off unknowingly, kindly and without fear. They had been the rulers of Alaska. All in the territory had known it. But he hadn't. Jaden had followed him home. He had lead two of his packmates to investigate such an innocent oddity. They had found his secluded home and his beautiful mother within. The wanderer remembered it so clearly. It had been the first time he had questioned who he was and what he could truly live with doing.

Looking on the possible victim of his past reassured all of Jaden's feelings. He now watched the other as more than an inconvenience. This man could be a threat. The name would prove it. Despite realizing all of this, Jaden showed nothing. He still wore his cautious glare and held his aggressive stance. Interesting characters? Alaska is full of them. It would have been impossible to keep away from them all. Jaden offered a small turn of his lip, the closest he had gotten to a grin in a long while. Now that I have slated your curiosity, perhaps you could do me the same. What is your name?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

`` D I S T U R B I A

Word count: 305 // +3 points
Ehhh… Ugly or me x.x

It was an innocent question. All the demon wanted was his name. It was simple enough to answer, but still he found the task to be rather daunting. Alduin remained where he was and kept a cautious eye on the beast as he shifted his position slightly. He could see where the path of this meeting forked: one side led to a tense, but peaceful conversation while the other was painted with blood and strewn with flesh and fur. He had little choice in the matter of giving out his name, but how the stranger reacted would be the deciding factor for Alduin’s chosen path.

Before he spoke, the Alaskan wolf felt his body tense in anticipation. The muscles underneath his thick fur rippled gently as he shifted his body ever so slightly in case he had to fight. His tail stopped moving, and his ears began to fall flat against his skulls. Yellow eyes watched the red-dyed beast with great caution as he gathered the courage to speak.

Alduin,” he declared, doing his best to hide the growl rising in his throat. “Alduin is my name.

As the words left his lips, he felt that whether the demon remembered him or not was becoming irrelevant. He sensed the reins of the blood-thirsty beast within him slipping from his grasp, and he knew that the black and red wolf would have to give him one hell of a good response if he was to continue to willingly hold the creature back.

Try as he might to mask the rumble escaping his throat, he couldn’t. The forest was far too quiet that morning for him to pass the blame onto a rustling tree or chirping bird. So he let it go, and hoped it was enough to spark some sort of memory in that demon’s head.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
Words – 300+

It was him. The pup who’s mother he had abducted now stood before him, no longer defenseless.The pup who’s mother had been beaten, mistreated… taken advantage of… by his fellow pack mates. She had been bent to their whims. The same pup who’s name she begged to see again. Thinking back to it ashamed the wanderer so deeply that his cool and cautious attitude broke. For a split second his dark blue eyes fell to the ground and he reevaluated this meeting. When he brought them up again they wore the his defensive mask again.

Alduin knew everything. He had been young but not that young. He had been present during the brutal abduction. So what happened now? Jaden knew if he watched someone abduct his mother, he would likely hate them. It was a bit difficult because he had never had a mother to love. There was nothing material to compare to within him. But if Alduin knew of the extent of his mother’s displeasure at the hands of Jaden’s former pack, it was a miraculous feet of self control that he had managed this much civility. But did Alduin know that it was Jaden’s guilty conscience that freed his mother? Did it matter?

There was a long and tense silence while the hooded wolf pondered exactly what to say. If Alduin knew all that had happened then nothing he said would change what the other thought. He had a right to hate and he had a right to anger. But he wouldn’t win in a fight against Jaden. It was likely Alduin could put up a fight do to his size, but if it came to win or die, Jaden couldn’t loose. Unfortunately, who Jaden was wouldn’t allow him to beg forgiveness either. He didn’t need the approval of someone weaker than himself, no matter how much Alduin deserved it. Then you do know who I am. Jaden said in a plain voice, and I know why you hate me. You might have a right to. But that changes nothing. So what happens now? To think you have the power to take vengeance for your mother is wishful thinking. his body tensed too, ready for an attack. So what are we going to do, Alduin?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

`` D I S T U R B I A

Word count: 513 // +5 points

It was a rare thing when Alduin felt superior to anyone. He never thought any one wolf was better than the next, but when Jaden’s words met his ears he found himself wanting to beat respect into the man’s head. To say he might have the right to hate him was incorrect in so many ways, and his disgust for the male was plainly marked on his face. He resisted violence, however, and instead straightened his body to reach its full potential in height. His ears and tail snapped toward the sky as he let a vicious roar erupt past his teeth.

Despite what you think, I have every right in this world to hate you, demon,” he snapped. “My mother was taken from me and shown no mercy under your worthless hand. I am finding it difficult to give you what she was denied.

He growled threateningly, but he knew it was an empty shell of a promise at this point. With each second that passed in this foul beast’s presence, he died a little more inside because he knew he stood no chance against him—for now, anyway. He sheathed his teeth, but kept a wary eye on the thief before him as he continued.

My desires for revenge are, as you say, wishful thoughts,” he admitted reluctantly. “The day will come when you know the unjustifiable pain you wrought upon my mother; and when the sun rises on that fateful day, you will curse the woman that gave you your life.

He snarled once more in the other’s direction, his hate for him burning brightly in his eyes. Perhaps Jaden would shrug him off as someone who spat empty threats, but at least Alduin would know he would make good on his promise one day—no matter how long it took him to exact his revenge. So for now, he remained where he was and kept his defenses up and at the ready. The last thing he could do was trust that Jaden would leave peacefully.

What happens now, Jaden, is simple,” he declared. “You explain to me why my mother was taken from me. Then, you turn ‘round to leave and pray to whatever god you want that I don’t catch wind of you lurking about my family’s borders. That day will be your last.

As much as he wanted to leave and return home, he knew he couldn’t do it until he heard Jaden’s reason for kidnapping his beloved mother. He’d spent countless nights tossing and turning in his room, unable to sleep; and if he could, he woke not long after drenched in sweat. He had tried hard to believe that he had done nothing wrong; that he had simply been a victim of some pack’s disgusting outdoor activity. It was difficult, though, and nothing he told himself convinced him of his innocence. He knew closure wasn’t what awaited him by the end of their meeting, but he felt certain he could at least get a small answer to the memory that plagued him for so long.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
WotD Points +1 Caparison Your posts are quite nice BTW =) let me know if you want anything changed. Words – 600+

Alduin was very brave. Brave enemies were not the right sorts to make. The right sorts were like Slade. Yes, he too was annoyingly brave, but he was also a little, pathetic coyote: the scum of the earth and easy to kill. Alduin Was the exact opposite of Jaden’s discriminating ideals. He was full of tundra blood. He was strong and noble. There was no pleasure in tormenting him for the dark Alaskan.

But demon was the absolute worst insult the brave wolf could have chosen. Demon had been the last insult to roll of his best friend’s dying tongue. Demon was how what was left of his family knew him thanks to his brother’s deceitful accusations. Demon, the made the previously cool optime’s heart rate spike and put a fearsome grimace on his lips.

For the first time since their meeting Jaden wanted to make Alduin pay for his words. But the longer he simmered the more he realized this man was only a noisy obstacle. Only empty threats.

By the time his Alaskan acquaintance finished speaking, Jaden’s sharp teeth showed threw a smug grin. He let Alduin’s hollow threats ring in the air for a moment before answering, Before I give you anything lets make sure we understand the situation, Alduin, He sneered the wolf’s name. “I could have killed you all those years ago and I can kill you now. As such, you are in no place to make demands. You are in no place to make threats. As the half intelligent brute you are, should realize insulting me is not a good idea if you value your life! His voice swelled into a fierce growl of his own and let on exactly how angry that single insult had made him. With only a single breath and a tweak of his ears back into their relaxed possessions Jaden calmed himself and smiled superiorly. Now that you understand, also know this: the only reason I am going to share any information with you is because of the kindness of my heart. I don’t fear you in the least, you or your pack of misfits.

your mother was punished because she and your father did not provide you the chance to join Uva Atka, my former pack, when you became of age. If she had you would have most likely grown into something stronger, something actually and truly dangerous. Because of their selfishness she suffered and you live the life you lead now. I took your mother because her actions demanded punishment. Jaden didn’t believe what he had done was right. Back then, when he had a pack to impress and respect to keep, it had been easy to depersonalize Alduin’s mother. She had easily become an object and not a living being. But the longer Uva Atkan wolves had tortured her and taken from her, the more difficult it was to ignore that she was a slave and prisoner because of him. She was lucky. After the worst of them took advantage of her and the best of them were sick of making an example of your pretty mom, they ordered her execution. Only because of my mercy did she live long enough to find her way back to you. She was lucky and you should be grateful. Jaden finished and let the words die before another thought crossed his mind. A genuinely amused smile stained his muzzle while he stood there in his dark caparison. Under different circumstances we could have been raised as brothers. Then you might actually be a threat so someone like me. Someone who saved the life of your sweet mother.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

`` D I S T U R B I A

Word count: 614 // +5 points
Aww why thank you! Yours are very well written as well! <3

Jaden’s speech was difficult to sit through, and he found himself wanting to close his fangs around the villain’s snout; but he was far better than that, and he gathered the courage to listen intently. There was so much that he could say—so many flaws in Jaden’s words that he could pick out and spit back in his face—but Alduin stood silently and as still as a long forgotten statue. His ears did not twitch. His tail did not sway. His eyes did not blink. He waited for Jaden to finish in perfect silence.

He raged inside, and the beast he kept chained was shredding through its thousands of sturdy restraints. Every poisonous word that fell from his enemy’s lips ate at Alduin’s core. Had he been a stronger man, he was certain that Jaden wouldn’t have been so careless with his remarks. As the black wolf’s speech drifted away with the passing breeze, Alduin took a deep breath and set his fiery gaze upon the brute before him and shifted his stance into a more comfortable position. The man before him was no longer a threat.

Thank you, Jaden,” he hissed slowly, the name rolling off his tongue in acid tones, “However, your self-proclaimed kindness will be your downfall.

Allowing him to live was his first fatal mistake, and Alduin would ensure that the demon would make more in his remaining days. The Alaskan wolf’s ears twitched impatiently. Oh, what he would do to make that day arrive sooner. Patience stayed with him, though, and he smiled inwardly at the thought of this man’s corpse rotting in the ground.

My mother was not selfish. She was right to keep me hidden from you and your kind, villain,” he stated clearly. “The mercy you claim to have given her is but a figment of your twisted imagination—do not try to make yourself out to be the kind soul you think you are.

He didn’t know the story behind how his mother had escaped, but he refused to believe that Jaden played any part it in. While his body remained neutral and unthreatening, his eyes made it clear that he wasn’t convinced of the wolf’s claims. They were fixated on Jaden’s form, watching carefully for any sign of attack. When he saw none yet, Alduin continued.

And do not suggest that we could have ever been brothers, Jaden,” he warned. “Under no circumstances should you believe I am not a threat. It is, unfortunately, obvious that I am not now; but mark my words: there will come a day when you find Death upon you, and it will bear my name across its lusting blade.

He couldn’t growl, nor could he find it in himself to shout at the demon before him. He wasn’t worth it, and Alduin felt ashamed that it took him so long to realize that. Though weaker than Jaden, he no longer felt as if he needed to worry about him. It seemed as if everything in his world was returning to its peaceful state, and he let himself truly smile for the first time since their meeting.

Now,” he started serenely, “I suspect that even you would find that a victory here and now is either dishonorable or undeserving of your precious time. We will part ways today, and meet again when you deem me a worthy opponent.

He stood tall and firmly in his place, prepared for any underhanded attack Jaden might attempt. For whatever reason, Alduin felt as if the red-dyed wolf had some sense of honor within him; he would give him the chance to walk away and end this encounter without unfair bloodshed.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
WotD Points +1 Caparison Thank you! Great Thread~ WotD Points+1 Tony Words – 300+

The anger that stayed clear through Jaden’s retelling of Alduin’s sore story burnt itself out quicker than he had wanted. It’s absence left the former assassin missing everything that he had lost from his Alaskan home. There was nothing worse than dealing with an enemy in low spirits. The wolf opposite of him was indeed an enemy now, even if he wasn’t all that dangerous at the moment. His pack was another Jaden would have to be weary about. It didn’t matter. The worse part of this meeting was that the wanderer’s mood would now be soured for most of the day.

Alduin’s return to Jaden’s words was listened to intently. All show of real emotion dropped from the darker Alaskan’s features again and he stood dominant and quiet. There was no reason for him to be angry any more. The others words were more acceptable and he didn’t care for the approval of this yearling. Jaden could live with himself for the moment and that is all that mattered. If Alduin chose to hate him, it was only one more idiot to watch out for.

When silence settled around them Jaden knew it was time for him to leave. He had shared all he cared to share. Your right about one thing, fighting you isn’t worth my time. Your death isn’t something I want to deliver. But don’t fool yourself into thinking I wouldn’t end your sad life. The day you come looking for my blood, don’t expect mercy. You will get none. He turned his back then to take his leave but hesitated after a step. I never forgot her, Alduin. And, for what it’s worth, I can see her in you. It was likely the closest thing to an apology the other would get. Without another word, Jaden left the collection of less than tony structures he had chosen to explore and faded into the morning.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

`` D I S T U R B I A

Word count: 338 // +3 points
Very nice thread indeed!

Alduin was puzzled by Jaden’s words. What he could have meant by them, he wasn’t sure, but he wasn’t curious enough to stop the man to find out. Instead, he took the words and etched them into his memory so that he might think on them back in Anathema. When the black wolf finally faded from sight, Alduin sighed a heavy breath of relief and let his defenses fall. Nothing about that meeting had been easy, and the emotional toll it took on him was far worse than any physical strain he’d felt before. Finally, he let his body collapse onto the ground so he could sit and find himself again.

He didn’t speak. He didn’t move. The only evidence left of his beating heart was the occasional blink of his eyelids. There was so much to say, and so much to do. He had hoped for more time to prepare, but he knew that his vengeance could not wait for long. The road ahead of him would be far more challenging than the Alcan Highway had been. As he thought of the bloody battle to come, he shuddered. Jaden was a warrior, there was no mistaking it. While Alduin was certainly capable of holding his own, he knew he didn’t stand a snowball’s chance in Hell against the other Alaskan beast. The reality of it had been known to the male as soon as he laid eyes on his darker counterpart, and his thoughts had been directed at future training schedules and sparring matches with his pack.

And then he smiled. The thought of his new family brought him comfort and peace. He would, at least, have them to lean on and go to for help when he needed it. He was certain that Jaden had nothing of the sort, and this gave the wolf hope. So with his newfound confidence, he rose and turned to start his journey back home. The road was long, but he would take it in stride one step at a time.

template by revo. <3

[/html]