Can It Happen?
[html]

OOC XD

Word Count → 000

Terra yelped as water splashed up. It hit against her, sliding off the thicker portions of her fur. Growling playfully she shook her head free of the water droplets that had hit her. A large mischievous grin was on Claudius. It was surprising, triggering her tail to wag. That definitely fit him, turning the shy male into something more. He shifted around a fair amount before she was able to get closer to him. Claudius was very fidgety. Terra wondered if he ever really relaxed.

A yelp came from Claudius at her soft nuzzle, surprising her. Ears flattened briefly as she drew back. It quickly returned to normal, tail wagging happily as he broke into laughter. The slight tension he carried eased, bringing a shy giggle from her. An arm wrapped around her, pulling her even closer. Terra stuck her nose into his side, working to tickle his body. Jumpy? We're alone. You don't need to fear anything but me. She grinned up as she pulled away to meet his eyes again. Should she ask now?

Table Template by the Mentors!

<style>
.greenleaf p {padding:2px 0px;margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.greenleaf .ooc {font-style:italic; font size:11px; color:#207E06;}
.greenleaf b {font-weight:bold; color:#207E06; letter-spacing-1px; text-shadow:#339900 0px 0px 5px;}
.greenleaf {background-color:#C0E07F; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/ ... eaf4-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat;

font-family: tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#2A9604; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:481px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #2A9604;}
.greenleaf .inner {margin:290px 5px 5px 5px; padding:15px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border:none;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>[/html]
[html]

Terra is so cute!

Terra giggled quietly, seemingly amused by his antics. He was glad, but he wasn’t even sure what he was trying to accomplish. What did he think he would do? He felt playful, almost pup-like, like the last time he’d met her. He wasn’t really sure what to make of it, but Terra seemed to be all right with it because she buried her muzzle into his chest, all the while wagging her tail. Claudius could feel her nose tickling him, so he had to try really hard not to laugh. It didn’t work, because by the time she spoke, he was shaking with laughter.

“I-I-I’m nuh-not sca-ared, Terra—just... yeah—I’m ju-umpy,” he explained. He agreed with her assessment that he was jumpy, because really—he was. He managed not to flinch when she moved away and looked at him. He gulped, worried now. Had he said something wrong? Done something wrong? He was definitely jumpy at least, paranoid at worst.

“What, what—is it?” he asked hesitantly. He didn’t know why she was looking at him with such a serious expression, but he figured it couldn’t be good. Many times, serious expressions carried heavy news: the news of his sister’s death, his mother’s departure, Maska’s takeover. He was worried she had something terrible to tell him. The worst thing he could think of was that she didn’t want to be his friend anymore.

Image credit: Artur; template from the mentors

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.asclepius-box {float:right; padding:5px;width:80px;height:204px}
.asclepius {font-family:arial, serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; margin:0px 10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/ ... lepius.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top right; }
.asclepius .name {font-size:50px; font-family: 'Fanwood Text'; text-align:left; padding:0px 80px;}
.asclepius .words {font-size:30px; font-family: 'Almendra SC'; text-align:right; padding:10px 150px;}
.asclepius p.ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-indent:50px; padding:10px 5px 0px;width:80%}
.asclepius p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.asclepius .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.asclepius p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 50px;}
.asclepius b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; letter-spacing:-.05em; font-size:12px;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 000

The wolf's body shook, making it difficult to keep herself where she was. By the time Terra pulled back full out laughter bellowed from Claudius. She laughed, realizing that her affectionate nuzzle had ended in tickling him instead. She grinned happily over at him. Terra had no idea why he was so jumpy, wondering if something had happened to do that. The reactions were amusing at least. Well, when she wasn't concentrating on something else and ended up jumping as well in surprise.

Terra smiled softly at Claudius' nervous expression. It wasn't anything bad, just something she felt really awkward about asking. Settling still Terra stared at the water before her. She had to ask him eventually. Claudius...someone asked me to be his mate. I'm not sure I should though. My brother said I'd know who a good mate is when I love them, but I don't know if I do. For some reason, I thought maybe you could help. Her ears flattened with embarrassment. He probably couldn't help.

<style>
.greenleaf b {font-weight:bold; color:#207E06; letter-spacing-1px; text-shadow:#339900 0px 0px 5px;}
.greenleaf {background-color:#C0E07F; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/ ... eaf4-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat;

font-family: tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#2A9604; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:481px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #2A9604;}
.greenleaf .inner {margin:290px 5px 5px 5px; padding:15px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border:none;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 315 Sorry for the wait! Things have been super hectic

Even though the mood was light, Claudius could tell that they were headed for a more serious discussion. Terra laughed along with him, but then she paused, staring out at the gentle brook. She seemed to be thinking about something and since Claudius knew how difficult it could be to just come out and say something (indeed, it took him a lot of thought before he could say even a simple hello sometimes), he didn’t want to rush her. It wasn’t a long wait, for thoughts flew quickly in the mind, and Terra soon revealed her concerns. Claudius felt his heart drop to the pit of his stomach when Terra explained that someone else had asked her to be her mate. He held still, waiting and hoping to hear that she said no. He didn’t quite get what he wished for, since it seemed as though she was confused. Now Claudius was confused, too—was she asking him as a friend or as someone to rival this other wolf?

“I—well… I-I g-g-uess… it ca-an… be hard… to know… if you-ou haven’t felt it befo-o-ore… and… there a-a-are a lot of ki-inds… of love… like the lo-o-ove fo-o-or a brothe-e-e-r… or a mo-o-other… or someone… else… maybe… you love them l-i-i-ike a friend… or… you’re just… afraid… of saying ye-e-e-es… because… it puts you in a… a… vulne-e-e-r-a-able… position. I-I guess… I don’t… ge-e-et too close… to a lot of f-o-lks… I mean, I do… but I don’t like to meet… new folks… a lot. It sca-a-a-res… me. Not as much… as it used to—I’ve go-o-tten be-etter… but… it can be hard… so… I would be scared too. I-It’s okay to be scared.” Embarrassed, too, but his own admission, he tried to look away and hide from Terra, but instead, he found himself watching her, his heart in his throat, waiting for her reaction.

[/html]
[html]

OOC that's fine. i know you wont disappear

Word Count → 000

Terra stared at Claudius eagerly, hoping that he would clear it up. He held the answer, she was sure of it. Why she was so sure Terra didn't know, but she did. Told that there were many kinds of love did not help her at all. Terra hadn't been aware that love existed in any form before. Love a friend? Love a brother? Did she love her friends? Terra didn't feel an immediate connection to them. Well, perhaps she did. Not the intensity described to her, but Terra did occasionally feel an instant connection with others.

If she hadn't felt that, did that mean she didn't love them? Terra immediately felt guilty with the thought. That wasn't good. Terra wasn't sure how she could change it unless she could go back in time however. Terra didn't even have an instant connection with Claudius, so she must not love him either. It was...disappointing? Why would she be disappointed by that? Terra shook her head. I'm not afraid of saying it. I guess I just don't love him. Not him, not Claudius. Why did that hurt to think about?

<style>

[html]

WC: 313 Never! I will never leave you~~~

Even though Terra was watching him so intently, Claudius didn’t feel too embarrassed. Of course, he felt horrible for that poor wolf she’d rejected, but also felt good that she wasn’t in love with someone else. But if Terra wasn’t afraid of saying it, and didn’t think she loved him, what did she want? If she could turn down this wolf, who felt so strongly about her and knew that he loved her, how could he rival that? Claudius knew he didn’t want Terra to be in love with someone else or be someone else’s mate, but how could Terra feel anything for him if she felt nothing for the other? Claudius didn’t even know if he loved her, so he was terrified of telling her anything. He knew he liked her quite a bit and he felt that same strange feeling he’d felt when he met Addison. But he never saw Addison again. And he knew he’d loved Liliana, but she had a mate and puppies--but she was dead. If he admitted to himself that he really did like Terra, then she would disappear just like the rest of them.

“Oh--well--that’s... good. That--that you-ou’re... not afraid, I mean... and... well, that... too,” he stammered. He stopped abruptly and looked away. What could he say now? He didn’t think Terra realized he liked her a lot, but he didn’t think he needed to like her a whole lot to want to see her again. Wolves didn’t just fall in love all of a sudden.

“Yuh-you... you know... not every-o-o-o-one... just... falls in lo-ove. So-ometimes, it ca-an... be slow... and... yeah...” he trailed off. He couldn’t say anything else, not even if he wanted to. He wanted to say more, but he was terrified that Terra would recognize some kind of affection and reject him—just like the other wolf.

[/html]
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 000

She smiled over at the shy wolf. He was such a funny creature. Really someone to love having around. His answer was a bit confusing, giving Terra even more to ponder about. Different kinds of love. Being vulnerable didn't sound nice either, but if that was what was needed in finding a mate Terra was willing. The stuttering words didn't help clear the confusion, even if it did tempt her to laugh, assured about the world.

Terra straightened up at his words, tail wagging behind him. Really? Not instant? Her eyes glowed at the idea. Then she could love all her friends! She could even love Claudius! Terra was pretty sure she didn't right now, still confused about what it felt like, but the idea was exciting. Leaning over she licked his cheek in excitement, happy that she wouldn't have to just keep looking around, that she might be able to fall in love with someone she already knew and trusted to be her mate.

<style>

[html]

Despite his uncertainties and his insecurities, it seemed as though something Claudius had said rang true for Terra. Right as he finished speaking, she seemed to straighten up and the fire returned to her eyes. Not literally, of course, but her expression seemed to brighten a bit, giving reason for Claudius to relax just a bit. Things were definitely going wrong when it was Terra who was doing the brooding, not him. When Terra asked him whether he was sure, he nodded slowly. Yes, there were many types of love, and they didn’t have to stay the same for everyone, all the time. They could change, just like wolves and coyotes could.

“Yuh, yeah,” he replied slowly. He was about to say something else when Terra licked his cheek and he felt his entire face heat up. That was definitely a humanistic lick—like a kiss, almost. His cheeks burned as he considered this. It wasn’t a show of subordination; it was… something else.

“A-a-and… suh-suh… sometimes… you-yuh-you… do-on’t… know… i-i-i-if… you like… someone… ‘till yuh-you ge-e-et… to know them… be-e-e-etter…” he explained. His face still warm, he tried to steel himself for whatever else she might do--or say.

[/html]
She laughed happily at the reaction from her lick. The pink shade shone through his fur, his eyes wide with surprise. That would never get old for her. Terra could probably make him blush all the time and she would still be amused by it. She didn't know why he blushed, just that it was amusing to watch, and that it had to do with her touching him. Why it involved that was a mystery for Terra. It certainly gave her ideas for how to trigger the reaction she enjoyed so much. A hug, a lick, a teasing tug of his ears. All of those would be sure to make him blush.

She managed to settle down and refocus on the conversation, instead of planning various other ways to bring his blush out. Her tail flicked softly behind her, a couple droplets lifting from the dampened tip. Of course. You don't know if you'll like something until you understand it. Terra knew that perfectly well. She hadn't known if she'd like clothes until she thoroughly investigated every nook and cranny in the clothing Strel had, feeling the different styles and looks. She had decided that she liked clothing, even if she didn't wear it. Terra sighed happily, the ache in her leg completely gone, soothed by the heated water.
[html]
[/html]Claudius was not amused, but it seemed as though Terra certainly was. He wasn’t sure why she liked to make him blush so, but he has a few theories on the matter. Even though he knew he could agonize over it for hours, instead, he just decided not to think about it since it would only serve to drive him crazy. He was still recovering from a long line of insane situations, so he just wanted things to be as normal as possible. Maybe this was the kind of normalcy he’d missed all his life.

When Terra spoke up, Claudius watched her carefully, searching her face for any hints of her inner thoughts. When he couldn’t pick up on anything, he just nodded quietly in agreement. He didn’t really know what else to say to that, since she was just re-affirming what he’d explained. He was a little surprised that she didn’t know anything about the matter, but she was a decidedly odd individual. Often, it seemed as though she pursued whatever her heart desired, be it trickery or amusement. That was what had gotten her injured in the first place. But it seemed as though she’d missed out on some vital lessons early in life—like love or family.

With nothing to add, he drew his fingers through the water as he leaned back on his other arm. He glanced from the water, to Terra, and then back again, trying to think of something to add; but nothing came out.[html]
[/html]
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 000

It was a comfortable silence that filled the air after. Well, comfortable for her. Perhaps not for Claudius, glancing between herself and the water. Terra watched this happen a few times, wondering what it was he was puzzling over. Leaning forward Terra stared at the water herself. At least, she tried to, but her hair fell in her face. The red strands dipped in the water, sending ripples out. Huffing with frustration Terra pushed it back. There was a reason why she normally was on four legs.

Leaning back again Terra stared at the water. She still couldn't see what was so fascinating about it, unable to see her reflection in the clear rippled surface, or anything remotely different from what had been there a couple minutes ago. Glancing over to Claudius Terra wondered what being in love with him would be like. The pups that would form from that pairing would be rather amusing. Perhaps they'd all blush like him. Giggling at the thought Terra flicked some water over.

<style>

[html]

Claudius watched the water as he drew it through his fingers, only glancing up in time to see Terra’s hair spill forth and fall into the water. This seemed to displease her because she made a quiet growling sound and then pushed her hair away. Claudius grinned. That was why he kept his optime form as wolflike as possible. He scorned human affections and things like clothing. Most clothes were dirty, ugly, and didn’t fit properly; so he didn’t see the point in wearing them. Similarly, styling fur like hair seemed redundant, so his mane was just that: a thick mane of fur.

It seemed as though Terra was lost in thought too because her shift in mood was rather abrupt, as if she’d been following some train of thought. When she flicked some water at Claudius, he just sat there and stuck out his tongue in jest.

“Nuh-not quite guh-good enough,” he teased. “Try again,” he said. He removed his right hand from the water, placed it behind his back, and then leaned back on both his arms so she could have a clear shot.

[/html]
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 000

His tongue shot out at her, an indignant look forming. True, she'd been the one to go seeking trouble, but that didn't mean he had to let her go along with it. Terra smiled as he leaned back, this time fully exposing himself. That didn't mean she was going to take the shot. Turning back to the water Terra trailed her hand through it, mimicking what Claudius had been doing moments before. All interest in the game was dissipated.

At least, that's what she wanted him to think. Crouching down, Terra let the water lap around. Fully submerged she moved over, almost seeming to be looking for a better spot to sit at. The ripples from her tail occasionally rising from the water could be seen. At the last moment Terra turned to face Claudius. She surged up, water pouring forwards. The lunge sent a small tidal wave to wash over what was hopefully a very surprised wolf.

<style>

[html]

Even though he gave her a clear shot, something was stopping her. She didn’t seem to be interested in the game anymore, which both did and did not surprise Claudius. On one hand, he didn’t think she would be one to give up joking around with him, but on the other hand, he got the impression that she was a bit flighty and prone to picking up and leaving things as she saw fit. With these two thoughts in mind, he realized that it was impossible to predict what she would do next.

When Terra turned to draw her hand through the water, Claudius pushed himself up off the palms of his hands and leaned forward. Had she seen something? Was that why she had stopped? He couldn’t see anything, which meant it was either very small, or worse, a trick. He watched as she crouched lower and then moved to get a better look at the invisible thing. She submerged herself under the water for a few seconds and just as Claudius began to get bored of watching her, she exploded in a shower of water. Claudius squealed in surprise as he was completely drenched. Taking the matters into his own hands, he drew his one arm across the water to send a large wave at her. He wouldn’t just let her soak him; no, he’d get that trickster back!

[/html]
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 000

Water completely washed over him, soaking the white wolf to the bone. Laughing Terra shook herself, adding even more water to what had already hit him. Her lithe form bounced back, only to have a wave sent over to where she was. Raising an arm Terra yelped protest as the dampness that she'd just finished getting rid of returned to her body, coat once again heavy with the dampness. Looking down Terra did her best to make an indignant noise.

She wasn't very successful, working too hard at preventing herself from laughing. Moving back over to Claudius' side she sent a smaller splash over to him, just a token effort to get him back. Sitting down she sighed happily, letting the pain in her leg fully dissipate. Promptly the coyote leaned over to Claudius, resting her head against him. She was glad that she'd come over, even if she hadn't had any plans of what they'd be doing together, just wanting to be in his presence.

<style>

[html]
[/html]Even though Claudius did his best to exact his revenge, it seemed as though Terra was too quick for him, or perhaps, more adept at this game. He remembered playing in the water when he was a puppy, but his siblings had always won. Ocèane was nicest, but also the best at the game, so he always lost to her—but in the nicest way possible, of course. He grinned when Terra got soaked—by his hand! Haha!—and then squeaked in protest. His grin widened; it seemed as though he was rubbing off on her. If he played his cards right, he could probably get Terra to pick up a few more of his mannerisms. He figured after seeing her a few more times, she’d be a stuttering mess, too. Take that!

She tried to splash him again, but her heart wasn’t really into it because the water barely hit him. He stuck out his tongue in jest and smiled to himself. Then Terra moved closer and rested her head on his shoulder and Claudius froze for a moment. Slowly, almost mechanically, he raised his one arm to put it around the girl’s shoulders so that he was sitting in a more comfortable position. [html]
[/html]
[html]

OOC start wrapping up? just say they soaked in the hot tub for how long before helping terra leave?

Word Count → 000

He got stiff far too easily. Terra had been nice and comfortable until his muscles went tense. Grumbling softly Terra shifted around a little so she was comfortable again, choosing to not pull away. If he didn't like it he could push at her. Terra liked being close to him, and she wasn't moving anywhere. Green eyes glinting stubbornly she looked over to Claudius. He wasn't even looking at her! How long was he going to be frozen for this time?

She was considering finding something to doodle on his face with when his arm moved. It wrapped around her gently, letting her stay where she was. A nice warm covering on her. Sighing contentment at the action Terra sunk down a little deeper, tail swishing softly in the water before curling up around her. She could stay like this forever, happy and warm. Well, at least until she got hungry.

<style>

Sounds good! We can end here or with your post. c:
[html]
[/html]Terra seemed to notice him tense up, but once he relaxed, she did too. He sighed quietly, realizing for perhaps the first time that other folks noticed when he became anxious. He had never considered it a problem until now. But now, he realized, it had become a bit of a problem. He didn’t want to push Terra away. All he wanted to do was let her melt into his arms and stay that way for a very long time.

He glanced down at Terra when she snuggled closer to him. Although he didn’t think he was blushing, he definitely felt like he should. He felt the water ripple around him as Terra swished her tail, perhaps in contentment. He smiled to himself as he held on to her. He liked sitting here.

“Thuh-thanks… for coming here… to see-ee… me, Terra,” he said quietly. He smiled and then quieted down, having nothing else to say. Even if she didn’t really like that other wolf and even if she didn’t really like him, he was happy right here and right now. He was glad she had visited him and was glad he had taken her here. He just felt happy—the happiest he’d felt in years. [html]
[/html]