the speed of light [DND]
[html]
((OOC: backdated to the 3rd of April))

The tall grasses of the Wastes passed her by as she ran. Alma was taking one of her regular jogs; something she'd started doing since the yellow dog had dislocated her shoulder and she'd been unable to move her arm. Now, however, the sling was off and she was overjoyed. It was odd that something so simple could please her, after escape a fight, leaving a coyote and his puppies behind - to an almost certain death.

Yet part of that satisfaction came from knowing that she might not be alone next time she saw Amy - her clanmate Vesper hated her; surely she might help her defeat the cruel woman. There might be others in Inferni that she could recruit, too. She regretted that she couldn't save the puppies or the coyote, but she would get revenge. Somehow. Her stubbornness wouldn't allow her the idea of giving up or moving on. Now that she was fully healed, she could train in preparation for a proper fight. One where she had her bow.

The coyote stopped by her cave at Grimwell Caverns to pick up her quiver, grab some arrows and her Oak bow. Perhaps it was time she replaced it with a stronger wood like Osage or Yew, but such trees did not grow in Nova Scotia and she had no intention of traveling away from Inferni just to get wood.

Just so you know, I don't approve of your plan. said the little glowing ball in the corner of her eyes. It was invisible to everyone else, only noticeable as a cold spot - which actually wasn't all that noticeable, considering the morning was already cold.

"Yes, mother. I know." Alma replied, with a roll of her eyes. Since her mother's spirit started speaking and appearing to her, she'd been providing 'helpful' advice and criticism - which Alma found frankly annoying. She wished her mother was alive, if only so she couldn't spy on her and appear at inopportune moments.
[/html]

[html]

(616)

ems is by nat.

The broken female had been taking little walks away from the mansion, gradually letting her distances get farther and farther as she explored her territory more while being injured. She was getting tired of staring at the emptiness of her home, and today she put on her cloak to hide her injuries and left the mansion, eager to get away from her wallowing hole. Her steps were quick, and she ignored the pain pulsing from her thigh, she was going somewhere today weather her body wanted it or not. Her morning jaunt had taken her to previous unexplored territory, the caverns. She stood outside of them, not liking how dark it was, but the scents of her pack mates were strong so she ventured inside.

It smelt musky, and it was wet and dark. She could smell many clan scents, so she could only guess that there many caves branching off inside the main cave system. " Hello? " She called out, suddenly nervous as she heard a voice near her speak out. It wasn't doing any good for her being a place that was new and being so ill-equipped. The yearling was in no immediate danger, but she felt.. off. She supposed it was the effect of being attacked in her home, the fire and brimstone clan Inferni didn't protect her, it wasn't the safe haven that she assumed it to be. There were no war gods charging to her rescue on the backs of flaming horses, no, it was much different. She had been found after being injured greatly, and she was starting to feel some resentment to her pack.

The injured female tried her best to push these thoughts from her mind, seeing as she hadn't sounded off an alarm or that she didn't know too many people, but the attack had been so close too the mansion, she would have thought someone would be close.. At least she had the good fortune that Myrika stumbled upon her, or she could be in a much worse state then she was.

<style>
#ithielSie {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#ithielSie p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#ithielSie p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#ithielSie .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#ithielSie .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#ithielSie b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#ithielSie u { text-decoration: underline; }
#ithielSie b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

"You're going to get yourself hurt again."

The coyote sighed. Her ears flicked to the sound of another voice echoing through the cavern - one that was not her mother. A sense of relief flooded into her; whoever it was, they might distract her from her mother's nattering. With luck, her mother might even give up and disappear. Alma passed the bundles of logs and unfinished bowstaves that lined her den, traveled through Grimm's dark tunnels and past the river Lethe. At last, she found herself face-to-face with another coyote. One she didn't recognize, and yet she smelled of Inferni nonetheless. Must be new, Alma thought."Hello. Haven't seen you around before."

"You're going to get someone else hurt. Do you realize the lives you put at stake with this plan?" The little ball of light was no longer in the corner of her eye, now. It was flying right in her face. It was about the size of a firefly, but the erratic way it moved resembled a fruit fly. Alma tried to swat it away, with no success. The little firefly landed on her the tip of her snout, causing the coyote to go crossed eyed. She blinked, and shook her head. The light disappeared from view.

"Ahem. Sorry about that." Alma shuffled her feet, looking embarrassed. No doubt, this new coyote had noticed her odd actions and thought them strange. "I... uh, 've been having some vision problems since that dog attacked me. You'll have to excuse me if I act weird." Nervously, the coyote adjusted the strap to her quiver with her free hand; the other held her bow.
[/html]

[html]

(616)

ems is by nat.

As she ventured deeper into the caverns, soon she met another coyote, this one with brightly colored hair. Emmanuelle took a moment to marvel it, the color was gorgeous and bright, and for a moment some of the old yearling poked through as a small smile graced her lips. A pang from her thigh stopped that, and the frown that had adorned her delicate face the last few days showed once more and her gaze darkened. A few awkward moments passed as the older female in front of her acted strangley, and one canine eyebrow rose as she took the strange situation in.

The other female quickly explained her situation and the wheat haired girl nodded in silence, finding that a suitable explanation for the others erratic behavior. " You were attacked too? " She asked, her facial expression darkening as her thoughts turned to her previous attack a few days ago. " By whom? " She continued, her voice one laced with anger. If it were the same attackers, by god she would take some heads. Nobody in her clan deserved to be injured. Her expression softened as she realized she must not look that great, though they were healing her face was riddled with cuts from the skirmish a few days prior.

Stepping away from the darkness and into the light, she motioned to the other woman to follow her, eyeing the bow and arrows. Maybe she had found a teacher for these things. " I am Emmanuelle Brenna. Please, tell me more about your attack. " Turning back to the female now that they were in the light, she loosened her cloak and gently removed it, tossing it on a nearby rock. The sun hit her fur, glossy in the place that there were not injuries. The most noticeable injuries were her X shaped cuts, each one start over her breast and ending by her hip, the thick cut on her scar, and when she turned around the other might notice the especially nasty cut on her spine. " I was attacked too. " She added, darkly.

<style>
#ithielSie {
}
#ithielSie p {
}
#ithielSie p.sieImage {
}
#ithielSie .txtooc {
#ithielSie .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#ithielSie b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#ithielSie b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

There was visible relief on her face when the girl accepted her explanation; so much so that she almost didn't notice the allusion to the battle on Inferni's soil. To her, the female's anger had seemed strange - yet welcome, much in the same that Vesper's anger had been welcome when she was injured and alone on the borders. "It was a yellow dog. I'm told she goes by the name Amy." Blinking in the darkness, Alma finally noticed the girl's scars. In the darkness she could not quite tell how old they were; whether they were new or gained as a pup. She sniffed the air, trying to pick of the scent of blood or dried blood.

The coyote followed the flaxen-haired woman into the light. Her eyes scanned the female up and down, observing her scars. She winced a bit at the last one; it looked particularly deep, and it must not have been pleasant to gain such, although the long scars on covering her breasts and hips didn't look any better. "Looks like you had it worse than I did. I just had to wear a sling." Alma pulled out one arm, showing the place where the dog had bitten her. It had been nearly a month, so the fur had started to grow back. Yet, there was obvious bite mark visible - a wide gash covered in pink scar tissue. "She bit my arm and shook it and... well, after that I couldn't move it anymore."

There was a pause as Alma wondered if she should tell her the full story, or the abridged version. The latter would put her in a better light, but she'd already confessed the truth to Vesper. If the two knew each other and compared notes - well, might as well have it come out now. "The dog was attacking a coyote and its puppies. At least, I think they were his puppies - I never got a good look at them, but I'm fairly sure. The Optio - Vesper - said Amy has done that sort of thing before. Apparently, she tortured one of her friends." The coyote paused once more, realizing what she said might seem like gossip - and she had no idea how Vesper might feel about telling someone else of it. She regretted mentioning it instantly. "I don't know the details about that, though."
[/html]

[html]

(616)

ems is by nat.

The blonde female barely had to wait a moment before the other commented in her injuries, still fresh. Her ears perked to their full height as that damnable dog was mention, and her eyes widened with surprise. Waiting a few moments, she snorted in disgust as the other finished her story. " What? " She said angrily, her words venom. " That fucking dog again! I knew I had a bad feeling about her. " She practically spat the words at her companions feet, rage settling on her face. Glancing at the other to gauge her reaction, she continued. " I traded with that dog, not once but two times. The first she taught me about poisons and herbs, then a little archery.. I was forced into it though, she tried to steal my kill. She actually came to the borders a week or so ago, to deliver my kittens. " She said, her voice still rich with anger.

Gesturing to the pack laying on the ground, she turned back to face the other female, her hands on her hips with her lips pulled back into a grim expression. The two kittens, as if on cue they stumbled out of the pack and started sniffing around, mewing loudly and twirling themselves around her ankles. Lifting her seemingly delicate fingers to her face, she stroked her chin in a thoughtful motion while sizing the other female up judging her, and then her thoughts drifted to Vesper and her friend.. A plan started to formulate in her mind and an evil smile settled onto her muzzle, her mist-matched eyes glittering in the sunlight. " You know what we could do.. If you are up to it of course.. " She began, then quickly picked up her inky cloak shoved her kits back into their special pack, gesturing to the rust-colored female behind her to follow.

Her pace quickened, and soon they were walking through the waste grasses. " I see that you are into archery, do you think you might be able to teach me more? I think if we teamed up, and maybe Vesper as well, depending on her feelings toward Amy.. I think we might just be able to take her on. " The yearling looked over her shoulder at the other, smiling wickedly. " I will be the first to admit, I don't know much about fighting. Vesper does however, and I think if we practice and train, we can fuck this bitch up. " Her stride was powerful and her whole body language spoke of alertness. Her soul warmed again, the first time since the attack happened. The little sun child had changed, she had purpose again. The woman would spread happiness and warm feelings no longer, no, she would spread something else.. Something more dangerous.

Her eyes darted to the skies for a few moments as a flock of birds flew overhead, trailing them was a hawk. " You know Athanema uses crows to sense trespassers. I wonder if we could do something like that... " She said quietly, mulling the thought over in her mind.

<style>
#ithielSie {
}
#ithielSie p {
}
#ithielSie p.sieImage {
}
#ithielSie .txtooc {
</style>[/html]
[html]

Alma hadn't even gotten to the part where she had to leave the pups and the coyote behind, although such was implied since they weren't with her now. The thought of mentioning that slipped from her mind when the other female reported that she'd been forced to trade with her. She is a trader? thought the rust-coyote, and made a mental note to investigate that bit of information later. A frown marred her snout at the mention of the dog being along the borders. If Alma had actually patrolled the borders like other pack members did, she might have noticed and interrupted their trade.

Her gaze turned to the mewling kittens crawling out of the pack. They were cute, she had to admit, and perhaps it was best that she hadn't interrupted. If she had, those kittens might still be with Amy now, and who knows what might happen to them. She didn't think a cruel person like Amy could treat any other living creature with kindness; as far as Alma knew she was entirely incapable of it.

The rust coyote's head rose as the woman spoke again. She followed her across the Wastes, large ears swiveling to hear her proposal. "Of course I can," she replied. She didn't know how good a teacher she would be, but she'd try. The idea of teaming up to take down Amy appealed to her, too. "That sounds... excellent." She returned the wicked smile with one of her own. Her mind was already planning just what they could do to her, and how they could do it. "My experience in limited to archery; the reason that dog was able to get away with her crime is because I lacked my bow. Next time, I'll be better prepared." She ran a paw across her bow, feeling the smooth wood beneath her paw pads. Idly, she wondered who else might join her in the fight.

"Do you want to be responsible for her death, Alma?" The little firefly was nowhere to be seen, but she still heard her mother's voice in her ear. "She is too young to get involved in this. An alpha does not lead a pup to battle."

Alma twitched and turned her head to glare at nothing at all. "I am not an Alpha. Leave me alone." She said in a low growl, just under her breath.

The mention of crows caught her attention, distracting her from her mother just for a moment. She turned head back to the blonde woman and followed her gaze. Up above, a hawk had separated one bird from the group - perhaps chosen for its slowness, for it did not look like the songbird would be able to outfly her - and was chasing it. "I have thought of something similar... although in my idea, they're not spies but attackers. No one expects a bird to peck one's eyes out, aye?" She grinned for a moment. "Only problem is in getting one of them. I traded for some eggs once, but I couldn't make them hatch."

"Alma! Listen to me!"

Alma displayed a small, faint smirk in response to her mother's demands and then proceeded to ignore her. Her attention was on her living friend, now. "You've not told me who attacked you, though. Are you not desiring of revenge as well?"
[/html]

[html]

(392)

ems is by nat.

The blonde woman was delighted as her ginger-haired companion seemed to accept and agree with her ideas thus far. If they could work everything out it might turn out to be a great partnership between the two, it may even evolve into a friendship. Her eyes widened at the thought of attacking birds, and the little niave sun child took over. " That would be awesome! " She blurted out excitedly before sliding back into her stoic mask, a grim expression settling on her face. The other asked about her attack and a visible shiver rocked her body as she recalled with closed eyes every slice her body endured, the beating she took. Now, she was sure it had been to test their borders, but they could not resist upon finding an unarmed, weak coyote. Weak. She hated that word.

" I want revenge, of course. It was not Amy who attacked me. " She started, her tone cold and clipped as she looked ahead blankly. The yearling meant no ill will to her companion, she just had to distance herself while describing it or else she would get emotional. " It was just outside the mansion, a little farther off, in the trees. " The still-injured woman continued. " I was walking around, I can't remember why - but then I got a really bad feeling in my gut. It was too quiet and due to the wind I was upwind of everything, I didn't smell them or hear them until it was too late. I ventured into the tree-line and then I heard them, and ducked down in a bush to try and keep my cover. " Here she paused, remembering vividly the terror that ran through and rang from every nerve she had at the time, her back pressed against the tree, hoping they wouldn't catch sight of her.

" They must of smelled me, one of the males was carrying a spiked club, the other was dual wielding swords. I was lucky the one with the club didn't catch a hold of me as much as the other did, he would have dealt much more damage to me. " Pointing to the set of deep scratches on her sides, she outline where the spiked club hit. " That was the only place he hit. The other, however.. " Trailing off, she pointed to the deep cut on her thigh, that leg she walked still with a limp a little, then motioned to her face, her X shaped chest cuts and then turned around, gesturing to the deep cut lining her spine. " He was more deadly. I turned angry that they were on my land, I should have ran and gotten help, but I didn't. I attacked. I have no fighting experience, but I did it anyways. "

Snorting in disgust and looking at the ground, she continued again." I clawed, bit and punched them the best I could, but I was really outmatched. I can't really remember how long it went, I took a lot of punches to the head unfortunately. After a little bit they drove me out of the woods and left me there, just beside the Mansion, Myrika stumbled upon me mere minutes later and had Ithiel come tend to my wounds. " Here she stopped, finished with what she cared to divulge about the attack. If she went any further the emotions bubbling within her gut would surely come out, and crying in front of another was more then she could stand.

<style>
#ithielSie {
}
#ithielSie p {
}
#ithielSie p.sieImage {
}
#ithielSie .txtooc {
</style>[/html]
[html]

She hadn't been sure that it was Amy that had attacked the flax-haired woman, but she wouldn't have been surprised if it turned out that way. The dog had a way of spreading her cruelty, it seemed. Yet, Alma soon came to learn that it wasn't her that had attacked Emmanuelle, it was something far more perplexing. A flare of anger pulsed through with the news that a pair of wolves had set out to attack a coyote on Inferni soil. She hadn't heard of any wolf stupid enough to try such, in all her months in Inferni. Admittedly, she had buried herself in her woodwork and hadn't paid much attention to what happened in the clan. Still, Inferni had a reputation. A frown appeared on her lips as she considered the idea that the two wolves had chosen one of the younger, less experienced members on purpose.

Her mind turning from her internal speculation to the woman before her, she noted that her voice was distant and cold. Normally Alma was quite oblivious to others' feelings, but now she recognized the tone as a mask intended to hide vulnerability and regrets. She had acted that way when Vesper found on the borders, which accounted for why she was able to recognize it now. "We'll hunt them down and get them too," she said automatically, without taking time to consider how hard it would be to find someone they didn't know. Revenge was what soothed the rust-woman, and so she had assumed the same would be true of her companion.

She gave the cuts a glance as the coyote gestured to them, but focused most of her attention on the story and the canine herself. She suspected that, like her, the tan coyote had blamed herself for the attack and that suspicion was confirmed with the words 'I should have'. She opened her mouth to reply, then decided against it; she'd wait until the girl finished her story.

"I'm glad Myrika found you." Ironically, though she was trying to assuage the guilt the other felt, she herself felt guilty that she never patrolled the borders herself so there wasn't even a vague chance that she'd stumble on her or anyone else that was wounded by an attack like this. "They shouldn't have been on Inferni land. You aren't at fault for wanting to defend your clan." She paused. Some maternal instinct told her she should make some sort of comforting gesture, although she wasn't sure what. The orange coyote wondered if this was a point where normal, less hermetical people hugged each other - she settled with placing a paw on her shoulder instead.

"I made the same mistake with Amy; I'm nothing without my bow. But they-" She gestured vaguely with one paw, "Amy and those wolves, they just got us at a weak point. They were lucky. They'll not be next time. In fact, they may wish they'd never met us at all." The coyote grinned toothily, a strange combination of malice and protectiveness in her eyes.
[/html]

[html]

(579)

ems is by nat.

ooc; sorry for the wait. Sad i'll be supa fast nao lol.

As she finished her story, her mis-matched eyes, one forest green and the other a pale blue-grey watched the rust-colored woman in front of her, gauging her reaction. A small smile crossed her muzzle as she took comfort in the older womans words, her heart warming slightly as Alma placed her paw on Emmanuelles shoulder. A little bit of the sunshine girl began to peek through as they stood in silence for a few moments before Alma spoke again, this time speaking her revenge tactics and Emma nodded vigorously, pleased with the idea that she would someday strike her enemies down somehow, weather it be from the lesson of archery she learned from her companion or other tactics, it would happen, and swiftly.

Shaking her head slightly, the yearling cleared her mind of the unpleasant thoughts and focused on something more productive, what they had been speaking about before the subject of the attack had been raised. " So, what should we do first? Would you like to teach me some archery or should we try to catch some birds? " She asked, walking forward through the grasses and glancing backward at the rust-furred woman behind her. Raising her fingers to her muzzle, she stroked her chin thoughtful as she walked, her gaze flicking to the birds over head and her large ears swiveling around to drink up the sounds of the day, suddenly very aware of all the chirping the spring birds were doing. She found it unusual that until she had thought about it she had really been aware of how much the grasses and trees teemed with life - this she supposed was a mini-lesson is scouting as well.

" I think we should probably observe the birds before we catch them, I recall seeing robins down in Vancouver eating worms in the spring morning, so I suppose we will have to watch them to determine their eating habits. " Pausing, she stopped and placed her hands on her hips, a slight frown gracing her attractive features. " Shit, I didn't even think about it back at the caves, but we will probably have to build an enclosure, I keep chickens and rabbits just outside the mansion, and I bet if we scrounge around we could probably fish some chicken wire from around the mansion and build a little bird house or something. " The yearling was glad she thought of this, it might have severely impacted their little bird catching mission.

" Plus, I bet we could catch some songbirds from around that area too, I know the dampwoods are right behind the mansion. I like your idea of attack birds, but we both don't know much about them really so we better start off small then work our way up. " She continued, knowing one of them would probably kill one of their little avian charged if they weren't careful. " Hey! " She practically yelled out with an elated voice. " I know someone who keeps a bird, Omni! " Turning around she faced Alma, joy painted all over face. " She lives on the same floor as me in the Mansion, we could probably ask her about training birds and feeding them and whatnot when we go to gather materials for the enclosure! " Now excited, she looked at Alma for her reaction, thinking it would probably be better to learn some Archery first then go onto the birds, it seemed their avian project wasn't going to be as small or simple as she originally though.

<style>
#ithielSie {
}
#ithielSie p {
}
#ithielSie p.sieImage {
}
#ithielSie .txtooc {
</style>[/html]
[html]

it's okay.

Alma was pleased her attempts at cheering the girl up had worked. A small smile appeared on the rust-coyote's muzzle. Revenge soothed them both, it seemed. They just had to work to obtain it. Alma thought on all the information she lacked and would have to learned, and wondered just how long it would be before she could kill that yellow dog. A month? Two months? Maybe that was too short. Perhaps several months. By that time, perhaps the dog would have forgotten the incident. Maybe she could take her by surprise.

Alma was jarred out of her thoughts by the yearling's question. She opened her mouth to answer, when the flax-haired woman decided to answer her own question. The older coyote closed her mouth and listened; the girl's excitement and suggestions causing her to smile.

She wasn't sure they would need chicken-wire or something to keep the birds in, as there were multiple bird-havers in Inferni and she hadn't seen them using cages to keep the birds from flying off. Somehow, they'd managed to instill loyalty into the feathered beasts. It was perhaps worth asking how they had achieved that, sometime. The idea of starting out with a songbird didn't entirely please her - but it was a bird, nonetheless. If nothing else, it could provide feathers for her arrows, and perhaps food for the bird of prey they eventually chose to raise.

"Maybe we should get a whole flock of songbirds, and raise them as food for the attack-birds we eventually acquire." Alma suggested. In response to yet another bird-owner in Inferni, she nodded. "There are many bird-keepers in Inferni. I've talked with a couple of them. Still, more information is always welcome."

Alma paused to consider their options, her eyes straying to the horizon. A flock of geese passed overhead, in a v-shape formation. Their cries echoed overhead. "Perhaps we should save the bird stuff for a later date. It sounds complicated." The rust woman said, then let her gaze fall on the younger, more excited woman. "You need a bow, correct?" Alma guessed, and altered her course slightly so they'd be heading towards the mansion, instead of wandering aimlessly. "There's some in Inferni's stores. I created half of them, so I suppose no one will mind if you take one. I'll replace it eventually, anyway." Bowmaking took time, and so it was simply easier for them to take a ready-made bow, which Alma could replace later.

<style type="text/css">
hr { height:0px; width:100%; margin: 0px 150px 0px 150px auto; }
.runningdeertablerun {width:500px; border:none; margin:0px auto;}
.runningdeertableooc {font-family: times; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.3px;}
.runningdeertable {font-family: Arial; font-size:13px; text-indent:30px; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:510px; text-align:left;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(473)

ems is by nat.

The younger woman watched her companions face carefully, judging how her suggestions were being received. It seemed to go alright, Alma pausing to suggest another route of food. A more thoughtful look settled over Emma's face, replacing her previous excitement. A whole flock of songbirds? That might work, but she doubted they would be able to train a flock of birds. Didn't animals feed off other animals energy? Songbirds were little and high-energy as it was, to have a whole flock might be difficult, noisy and messy. That was one thing Em's didn't want to deal with, was mess. Plus birds were somewhat intelligent enough to recognize a threat, if one were dispatched by a bird of prey she was sure the others would notice.

An easier alternative came to mind and she smiled softly, pleased with her idea. " Actually, I have an easier way for the attack-birds to eat. I have rabbits, and believe me, once they start breeding it gets insane. They are way less intelligent then birds and won't notice or be alarmed if a few of their brethren go missing, seeing as there will be ten more to replace them. " At this she chuckled, then blushed under her fur. That was a lame joke. Even so, her tail swayed back and forth at the ease of their conversation. As Alma suggested waiting for another day for the bird stuff Emma nodded her agreement, pushing the impending-adventure to the back of her mind for now. It did sound complicated but she was sure once they took the time to iron the details out it would go smoothly, if they spoke to the right people they would probably be fine with just catching a bird of prey - she doubted the bird-raisers of Inferni stopped to practice on smaller birds first.

" You are correct. " She replied simply to her companions inquiry of weather she needed a bow or not, Emma wasn't advanced enough to have a bow, the blonde dog had taught her the stance and her beginners luck had put Amy off, but her ' generosity ', if you could call it that stopped there, she was rewarded no bow. Following the direction change she padded up to the pumpkin-haired woman, admiring the way it caught the afternoon sunlight. They looked quite the pair, orange and yellow walking side by side around the usual darkly-colored Inferni. The females looked reminiscent of a ball of sunfire, the colors licking their figures and shining in the sun prominently, bright and.. happy.

" Where would be the best place to practice? " The yearling questioned, taking the time to look around as they neared the mansion for the best place. She wasn't nearly as experienced as Alma and she didn't factor in the light spring breeze rustling the flaxen grasses that danced over the waste.

<style>
#ithielSie {
}
#ithielSie p {
}
#ithielSie p.sieImage {
}
#ithielSie .txtooc {
</style>[/html]
[html]

I think the bows are kept in the barn?

Alma nodded at her suggestion to use rabbits. It didn't occur to her that some birds of prey might hunt songbirds more than rabbits, and as a land-dwelling carnivore, she saw no difference between a rabbit and a songbird. Except, perhaps, their size and ability to fly. "Where'd you get the rabbits from?" She asked, out of curiosity. "Catch them yourself?" She would be impressed if that proved to be true. Catching live prey was something she thought difficult; perhaps there was yet another skill they could trade with each other.

The flame-haired woman gave a rare smile, imagining the attack-birds they would raise. The dream she had imagined so long ago, when she'd traded a mute dog for eggs, was coming to pass. She hadn't been able to hatch the eggs, but surely taking care of an already living bird would be easier. With this rabbit to provide food, she'd only have to worry about training the feathered creatures.

A few trees decorated the path before the mansion's gate, providing shade from the morning sun and a brief dullness to the two women's fiery hair. "I don't want to accidentally hurt someone with a stray arrow, so I suppose we should go somewhere else after we get your bow. Lots of coyotes live in and wander around here." Alma mused, thinking of where they might go instead. The forest canopy was broken once they passed the gate. The rosebushes around the gate did provide some cover, but not enough to truly make a difference once they were in the open area around the mansion.

Her footsteps took her to the barn, where much of Inferni's supplies were stored. The scent of horses flooded her nostrils, and briefly Alma peered into the stalls and stared with hopes of catching a glimpse of one of them. That was not their purpose for coming there, however, and so she did not delay long before she approached the stairway.

There was a moment's hesitation before she went up. Although she had gotten a little more used to buildings since joining Inferni, she was still afraid it would fall on her - or in this case, beneath her. She placed a paw upon one step experimentally, and then the rest of her weight. When it did not give in, she nodded slightly to herself and made her way up the stairs - albeit, slowly.

<style type="text/css">
hr { height:0px; width:100%; margin: 0px 150px 0px 150px auto; }
.runningdeertablerun {width:500px; border:none; margin:0px auto;}
.runningdeertableooc {font-family: times; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.3px;}
.runningdeertable {font-family: Arial; font-size:13px; text-indent:30px; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:510px; text-align:left;}
</style>
[/html]
ooc; promise promise promise to do a better one, i couldn't let this sit any longer.

The blonde beauty shook her head at her fierdy-haired companion in answer to her question. " No, unfortutnatly not.. I traded with Amy to get my lynx kittens, rabbits and chickens. " She said somewhat regretfully. The woman hadn't really done anything per se to Ems, but she knew that Amy had done lots of other things to lots of other people.. This, in her eyes made her a horrible person. Snorting lightly at her thoughts, she followed Alma's footsteps to the barn and looked inside curiously. There were horses kept inside, some softly neighing at the two luperci as the entered the structure. Ems wasn't all that put off by human structures, but she would have prefferd it be made out of concrete and steel rather then old wood and nails.

She noticed Alma's hesitation and a worried look crossed her maw, was there something to be wary of? Following her lead, the youth slowly put one foot on the stair and tested it before lightly walking up the steps, deeming it safe. Once they got onto the second floor Emma gasped quietly, there was so much stuff! She had never been inside the storage room, and there were all sorts of things. The girl in Emma cried out to be able to handle all of it and look through each item, and she noticed with itching anticipation the bows and the clear mason jars of what looked to be herbs.