What's a girl gotta do?
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... dkli0i.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: repeat-y; width: 533px;">
She's looking for birds she met last fall
     Khaden! Come feed me!

Who said they would come back different than all
     One, two, hop. One, two, hop. Getting around with only three legs was something Cercelee had mastered. First she would take one step forward with her front right, than one step forward with her front left, and then pushing off with her good back leg she would hop forward. One, two, hop. It was how she had made her way out of Twilight Vale this morning, and it was now how she was returning to the pack lands this evening. The sun was sinking lower and lower, but thankfully it had not completely set before she had gotten quite close to the house Naniko had fixed her up in. However, at the last moment, instead of bee-lining for building she turned and headed deeper into the pack land. It wouldn’t rain tonight, and quite honestly? She missed sleeping outside. Her wounds would be no worse for it in the morning.

In the pastel painted dusk she made her way towards the lake. Rabbit Lake. There she had met the female Savina, some days past. Perhaps there she would find her again, though it was unlikely. At any rate, it was an excuse not to return to the manor. One, two, hop. One, two, hop. By the time she reach the shore of the lake, Cercelee realized just how tired she was, and the idea of turning back caused her body to tremble in protest. Complying with her weakness she collapsed in the sand, a yard or so away from where the water lapped at the land. She had been keeping her wounds dry, although she was sure if that was completely necessacary, better safe than sorry. Stretching out her front half, and attempting to move her mangled neck as best as possible, she settled into the sand, where she would probably fall asleep barring any interruptions. Although an interruption, Cer decided, would not be all unwelcome. As silly and weak as it seemed, she liked having others to check up on her, just in case. She did, at some point, need to return home, and she wanted to be in the best condition then, so it was best to take care of herself. And if she could, well, she would ask for help when it was called for.
Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... c2b4-1.jpg); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
wc: 422.

Night was breaking across the horizon and Khaden found the will inside of him to drag himself out of the Manor long enough to take a stretch and a soft jog out in the brilliant display. He had spent most of his endeavors working on the necklace that the boy attempted to make for Ember. He had picked up some crystals from a chandelier in an abandoned house off of Flanders Field a few days before, and had brought them back home to Twilight Vale to work. He had taken old nails from around the Manor to chisel into the tops of the crystals so that the thin silver chain could be worked inside of them. He was glad in retrospect he had taken so many crystals, because he was down to half the supply, as his clumsy fingers broke many of the precious pieces of material.

Khaden smiled happily, thinking about Ember. She was such a gorgeous wolf, and he found it appropriate to lavish her with such gifts, even though they may be cheaply made. But when he looked at the crystals, shining from the polish that he had delicately worked into them, then inspected the silver chain, genuinely dainty and gorgeous all on it's own, he knew that these weren't cheap ingredients to a masterpiece.

But nonetheless, the masterpiece was taxing, and running was one of those things that helped Khaden clear his head and do naught but seek his own solace away from reality. Adrenaline slowly catching up to his system, he zig zagged this way and that, skirting around the fields and coming up close to the shores of Rabbit Lake. The sun was just a beam of vivid light, now that the majority of the pastel display had came to pass, and darkness was just settling in the majority of the skies. The waters reflected these colors in their little currents and streams as it lapped up onto the more sandier shores and licking up at Khaden's toes. He grinned and slowed, feeling his body attempting to be ensnared by the coiling sands before he came across something particularly peculiar.

A pristinely white wolfess seemed to be laying there, however the overall image of her seemed to be off to Khaden, and as he approached closer he saw why. With her white neck mangled Khaden winced as he witnessed it, taking note of the poor status of the wolf and cocked his head to the side as he regarded her. "Are you.. okay?"
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... dkli0i.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: repeat-y; width: 533px;">

Are you okay? Cercelee had watched the coal colored canine approach, saw him look her over, saw the reaction on his face for the pain she felt, and heard the greeting that by now had become routine. Are you okay? Do you need help? What happened? They all meant well, and Cercelee was grateful that so many strangers were kind hearted. Grateful even more than she had not run into a stranger akin to the one who had put her into this state. Naniko had said she would be safe on Twilight Vale lands, and she was right. The only creatures that wandered these lands were the courageous and kind members of Twilight Vale, and of course Colibri who Cer though fit in none of those categories, but she wasn’t all bad either. Smiling up at the male, she nodded. Yes, she was alright, as hard to believe as that was.

"I’m okay. Naniko knows I’m here." Cercelee always offered them that disclaimer. Naniko was not only the leader here, but a gifted healer, and so when she told them that, they all knew that her presence and her wounds had both been addressed. "I’m Cercelee, from Dahlia de Mai. I’m... vacationing... in Twlight Vale currently though." Cercelee smiled at the word she had chosen, knowing that the male would figure that indeed she wasn’t vacationing, but healing up and Naniko was looking after her recovery. And hiding. But he didn’t need to really know that much of it. "A coyote did this to me. Don’t know his name though." It was easiest to explain that part of the story right off the bat as well, for they were often curious about why she looked the way she did. And then it was best to move on quickly. "Nice evening for a stroll though, isn’t it?"
Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... c2b4-1.jpg); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
wc: 501.

And like that, a thrust of information had been deposited to Khaden. Not that he minded as such, it was just that his head seemed to be sort of reeling with all the information that she gave him. Well, he guessed he should have started from the beginning and assessed each sentence, instead of standing there like a prick and just letting the words wash over him. I'm okay. Naniko knows I'm here. Well, that's good for both accounts. As Twilight Vale seemed to be the Switzerland of this supposed war, it seemed to host a myriad of wolves and such, ranging from Naniko's best friends to injured victims of the war. He knew that Naniko was possibly the best medic in the lands of 'Souls, and with him now completely moved into the Manor, he seemed to watch patients come in and out of that house daily. His chest seemed to swell though, pride leaking out as he regarded his sister-in-law. She did such a fine job taking care of pack and inter-pack affairs, and aiding to more concrete and dire needs as well.

Next seemed to be her name that she christened herself with, and the pack she hailed from. She was "vacationing" and Khaden couldn't help with a responding smile at that. It seemed as if all wolves from Dahlia de Mai were injured in one form or another, as he reflected on Ember's status with her shoulder. She had been injured as well, and Khaden knew it had to be linked to this dreadful war. It was taking all of the boy not to just snatch that girl up and take her away from those dreaded things, just have her life in happiness and wonder. And here was Cercelee, injuries studded along her body. It didn't particularly help that it was a coyote, for Khaden attempted to be unbiased when it came to yotes, but they held up their stereotype with great vigor. He had met the few and far between that weren't all too horrible, just attempting to make a way through their life - but it seemed with the more tribal sense of their culture, it brought them to do violent acts.

The next part seemed to slide easily, if not juxtaposed, against the last and Khaden took a glance around him as she said such. The twilight phase of the night had already seemed to want to pass, leaving nothing but a thin sliver of a vivid line across the horizon as it left. He grinned at the petite female and shrugged. "Yeah," He responded softly, watching the scene truly settle down and bring forth the more romantic side of what darkness really could reveal. "It reminds me of someone..." He trailed thoughtlessly, not even sure if he had said those words out loud. He shifted his weight between one paw to the next, and said the next set of words Cercelee probably had heard before. "D'you need any help?"
[/html]
[html]

Cercelee watched as the male’s ears swallowed her words, digesting them in the acids on his mind. She wondered exactly how they sounded to someone else, for she spoke most everything in what she hoped was a light hearted manner, but too often others took her more serious than she liked. Or perhaps it was only that she never took herself seriously enough. For a moment the only response she received was her obvious enjoyment of her reference to vacation. Wouldn’t it be nice if that was all this was? Of course, Cercelee doubted that many leaders would welcomed the idea of vacationers. Strangers into the pack lands, no actual commitment and yet they used the lands and hide in the safety it provided. Cercelee knew she do more than raise a brow if someone like that came along to Dahlia de Mai.

Finally the other spoke, and Cercelee smiled, but made no comment on his comparison to the night and his “someone”. How nice it was to have a someone to think of, and for a moment Cercelee thought of the ones back in Dahlia, but only Slay came to mind as a potential someone, and he wasn’t the type to have a someone in return, at least not just one. She sighed and waited, and the male spoke again. They all seemed so kind here, she wondered if the pack inspired them to be that way, or if this pack in particular attracted the kind ones, either way Twilight Vale was perhaps the best place she could be in a position such as her’s. "Actually... I haven’t eaten all day." Cercelee still spoke confidently, lightly in her musical voice, but it was embarrassing none the less. What kind of wolf couldn’t catch their own meal? "My leg, it makes it hard to hunt you see." And her neck wasn’t much help either. "I’ve tried fishing, but I can turn my neck much and I’m not quite fast enough...." Cercelee stopped. Surely she didn’t really have to justify herself this much? If the male hadn’t really wanted to help, he wouldn’t have offered, would he? Still, she couldn’t accept help from a stranger. Hoping that she wouldn’t embarrass him (she often never introduced herself until asked either, out of forgetfulness) she spoke, a little more gentler than before. "Do you have a name, sir?"
Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]
sorry for the lateness in response. I've been in a weird inspiration flux thingy. wc:347

Khaden seemed to be on a roll lately, not that he wanted to think about it in that fashion. What with Ember and Naniko, and the pack hunt thread that seemed to happen, Khaden felt as if he really did have a edge for hunting and fishing and all that sort of primal stuff. It was no bother to him, as he did not like the idea of killing moreso than needed, he did love the idea of supplying other people with their wants, with their needs, because Khaden had never really experienced that before with himself. Hunting was one of those ways, one of those mere ways of just helping other people and the moment that Cercelee had mentioned her hunger, his whole disposition broadened as he smiled. A part of him truly felt sorry for the pristinely white wolf because of state, and that she couldn't hunt for herself. She explained herself, but Khaden didn't need an explanation to why she couldn't, and he merely shrugged in good nature, nodding to let her know that he wanted and was willing to hunt for her.

Her inquiry though had sort of caught him off guard - he always forgot to give out his name and he hoped that the femme didn't find him rude. "Khaden." He responded guiltily, apologetic that he hadn't given it before. "Khaden Aatte, I'm.. uh, Conri's little brother." It usually helped people to put a connection to relationships, drawing lines where they could to truly see a picture in their head - or at least it did with him. If Khaden had seen the lines of connection between Cercelee and Ember, he was sure he would have known what particularly to talk about. Nonetheless, he smiled softly at the femme and chirped up. "What are you in the mood for today, rabbits or fish?" Being so close to the lake, Khaden could really go either way, and wanted to give her the option of choosing what she wished to dine on, possibly making life just a little bit easier for her.
[/html]
[html]

Khaden. It was an interesting name and Cer almost repeated it out loud, but caught herself in time to keep the word in her mouth. No need to make the male think she was weird or love struck of anything of the sort when he was about to do her a favor. Smiling at him, she shrugged. Either would be fine with her, and she was still please that he had agreed at all. Pleased even more that he seemed happy to do it. "Fish is fine, though I prefer rabbit. But really, anything is great. Thank you, you don’t really have to if you don’t want to. Naniko and Ember keep me pretty well fed when I stick close to home." Home was the mansion, at least in that sentence. When she noticed her slip of words she shrugged. Dahlia de Mai would always be first in her heart, as far as packs went, but she couldn’t help that she was growing fond of Twilight Vale.

“Conri’s brother, aye?” Was that why Khaden had joined Twilight Vale, or had it been just a coincidence? “What’s it like staying with your brother?” Cer wondered absent mindedly if Tuki or Lisi would join Dahlia if they were alive. It seemed that while some family stuck together, others strove to stay apart. What would her and her siblings be like? Cercelee didn’t consider her cousins, because she rarely though of them as cousins. Ember was a friend, Mew a pack mate and Haku a nuisance. Family were those you grew up knowing.... Coli and Laruku, they could possibly be family, on a good day, but the others just weren’t. However friends were better than family any day.
Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]
Apartment hunting is taking all the strength out of me >< I just wish that I could possibly have a non-ghetto studio apartment somewhere conviently located next to Capitol Hill? wc: 332

It was funny how most people on these lands were connected in one way or another - someone who knows something about someone that was told by someone else. Ironically, most people couldn't put together the pieces unless there was a certain slip of the tongue or a mentioning. Fortunately for Khaden, it was exactly that. His mind focused on the dilemma of rabbits or fish, he was keeping a keen eye out on the terrain, but as soon as Cercelee gave her answer of which she preferred, he was already on the lookout. His nose already working to his advantage, he scouted and formed into the position of being the predator. Even when she continued to talk, he multi-tasked and replied absently. "Yeah, Naniko and Ember are great aren't they? They always seem to have that spirit around them."

He saw it though, the spot in which he should be to catch the perfect meal. He shrugged off her question as it came, excited and happy that he had finally found where he was going to go. "It's good. I like being around Conri, to make sure he's doing okay. Our family has sort of a track record of being a little... off." Movements calculated how Khaden would react and how he would respond to such an event. His posture had already changed, and he tossed his head back to regard the femme afore him. "But I guess all families are like that, huh? Have their little secrets and problems?" And with that he was off, running to the hills and scooping up a youthful hare that seemed to be on his way back to his personal den. On one level, Khaden felt sorry for it, but a wolf has to eat sooner than later, and for Cercelee's case it seemed to be the sooner the better. He punctured the jugular fast and quick, not letting any time for thought before he trotted back to Cercelee and presented the meal to her.
[/html]
[html]
     I feel ya. My lease is up in four months and I think I want to live somewhere different... but FINDING a place and MOVING my junk is so annoying, I may just stay where I’m at XD

Cer didn’t have a chance to answer the male before he was off any running. Part of her was awed by the speed and agility of the male and he snapped up the prey with seemingly no effort. Part of her was jealous, because she knew that if she weren’t injured, she could be doing much the same. The petite female hadn’t ran, jumped, hunted or even swam in weeks, and she found that watching others wasn’t nearly as fulfilling as doing it one’s self. Yet she couldn’t be anything else but grateful to Khaden, and she sincerely was as he dropped the meal at her feet. Hungrily she set to work at it, guessing that Khaden wouldn’t mind if she ate a little before they continued their conversation.

Once she had her fill, she looked back up at the male, searching back for what they had been speaking of. Family and secrets? Cer sigh inwardly to herself, the Sadira branch of family was far too large and branched off into numerous smaller branches every generation it seemed. It would be impossible to keep track of them all, and Cercelee didn’t attempt to keep track of any of them. "I don’t really know my family. I mean, a few of my cousins are in my pack actually, but I never think of them as cousins. Ember is more of a great friend than a cousin, which to me is a thousand times better. Friends choose you because you mean something to them, family is just there. Already picked out, so what’s special about that?" Although to be honest, aside from Slay, she didn’t really know many of her friend’s secrets either. Haku maybe, but that was only because he couldn’t hide his own demons for long.
Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]
Gah, Thomas and I just need a place to stay during college. >< It's everything's so god damned expensive. One studio can range from $775 - 950 on the low scale. wc: 346

Proud at himself, he licked his muzzle as he sat down beside the starving femme, watching the skies and contemplating on what they had just discussed. He had gotten so much more than he originally bargained for. The whole reason why Khaden had came back to Souls was just to protect his brother and sister-in-law from his deranged sister, Dhalia. He thought that if he was so close to Conri that everything else that could have possibly gone wrong could be under his control, under his protection. He was that barrier between him and the outside world, and now everything seemed to be tipped over and his priorities seemed to be scrambled. Now that Ember seemed to topple into his life, mixed and churned with everything else, he didn't know how to assimilate it and fit her. She just sort of existed. Perhaps that's why he seemed to to like her so much - she never really fit into any box that he put her in, and therefore she seemed to stick in his mind more.

Cercelee's words made sense in a very logical conclusion, but there seemed to be more to say, but he had no idea how to say them. The bond that one had with his family seemed to be consistently there, whether or not one wanted to have it. Her argument made sense, but it seemed like there was something special that dealt with family. The fact that they were made in all likeness, born together, sharing blood and something religious that Khaden didn't know if he truly was that spiritual or not, but something undeniable. "Yeah..." He trailed off, Ember was such a good friend though. Ember... "Wait." He said abruptly, halting any and all trains of thought. His eyes darted to the white femme and his brows furrowed. "You know Ember? Ember Phoenix?" He knew it must've not been that big of a stretch - they both came from the same pack of Dahlia de Mai, but still, someone that knew the girl that he couldn't seem to stop thinking about.
[/html]
[html]
     Yeah, it’s not so expensive here... but Michigan is in the pooper right now and it’s hard to find a job that pays anything.

The male hadn’t disagreed with her, and it pleased her, even if his absent minded answer indicated he was trying to find flaw in her argument. Which many others did- they were close to their family and were insulted when Cercelee implied that their feelings were misguided, at least by her standards. Others simply couldn’t believe that she was so unfeeling or unmindful of her family. She was so kind to her friends, and rarely did she lose her temper with anyone, Cer strived to keep everyone at peace when they were around her. Friendly, goofy, and willing to lend whatever help she could... so her views on family just didn’t settle well with some. Yet Khaden said nothing, until he blurted out Ember’s name. Cercelee was a bit startled, as she had mentioned the girl a few times before and it had seemingly gone right over his head, and then she chuckled. "Yes, I know Ember, she actually was the one who brought me here. Saved my life from that coyote."

It was strange to think how Cer had become Ember’s friend. They had been so wrapped up in building sandcastles that they hadn’t even introduced themselves. It hadn’t been until Ember’s brother came and Cer said her name out loud that everything clicked. Ember knew who Cercelee was, but she hadn’t know that the ivory female she built sandcastles was that wolf. Her cousin and her alpha, and Ember had been surprised to find out Cercelee’s identity, while Cercelee had been amused at the irony of it. After that they had become close, almost instantly. Besides Slay, Ember was the only wolf in Cercelee’s own pack she considered a friend. "Are you friends with Ember too?"
Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]
He's smitten. xD wc: 309

Saved her life from a coyote. Ember Phoenix saved Cercelee's live from a coyote. He grinned at that knowledge, as if that was some point blank statement that proved everything about her character. In Khaden's eyes, she seemed so wonderful, so brilliant. He knew, logically, that she had her flaws, but he accepted them and deemed them as beautiful. She reminded him deeply of himself, but she was different, in a good way. He was beginning to feel a deep, passionate puppy love for her, and he didn't even realize it. All he knew is when her name was mentioned by someone else, or even himself, he got a certain jolt of adrenaline pumping through his system. Every time he was within eye-shot of her, it felt as if his blood was pumped just a bit faster.

Her question seemed to target him to focus more on Cercelee rather than his little delusions about Ember. He grinned and was just vaguely aware that his tail seemed to be swishing this way and that, his eyes twinkling merrily and his whole composure different. "Ember and I met around here a bit ago. She was the first person I met after Conri once I came back. We played for a bit, but I accidentally sorta stretched her too hard." He said, guilt clouding over his eyes as he regarded the situation. "She stayed a night over in Twilight Vale before I let her go. I was pretty worried that night." That had proved to be a fun day, despite what had happened with the blood and stuff. That seemed to be a minor detail. What was more important was Ember, and Ember's relationship with Khaden. And how brilliant she was. And how beautiful she was. And how happy she was. And how she would never hurt a fly. And how...
[/html]
[html]
    Awww <3 I don’t know what else to really do with this, so should we end it here?

Khaden’s words didn’t seem too gushing or sappy when he spoke of Ember, but it was clear that he thought only positively about her. Still, from his words alone, he could be speaking of just anyone. It was his body language that clued Cercelee in, and she smiled at the male knowingly. Someone had a crush on Ember, and Cercelee was pleased for her friend, though she wasn’t sure just why. Perhaps it was merely the fact that it was nice for someone to appreciate one’s personality, their strengths, and even their body, while accepting weaknesses and shortcomings. It was nice to have a friend that one could trust, and perhaps Khaden would be that for Ember, perhaps he would even be more.

Pulling herself up onto three legs and lifting her fourth one, the injured one, she smiled at the male. "It’s probably time for me to get back to the Manor. It takes me a while to walk sometimes and I’m getting a bit tired. Thank you again for the meal, Khaden." Cercelee paused to pick up the remainder of the rabbit, which was not much but she never wasted the flesh of other living creatures. "You be really nice to Ember, else I’ll have to teach you a lesson." Cer laughed merrily at her own little joke, clearly she was in no position to teach anyone a lesson and Khaden didn’t seem like he was the type who needed a lesson. Nodding at him once more, Cer begun to hobble towards the manor.
Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]
Sounds good to me. We need more threads together though. Big Grin OH. I just thought of a good idea. xDDD

Thoughts of Ember subsided as Cercelee picked herself up from the ground, and Khaden became immediately alert and wary for any signs of fatigue the femme would have. Her words he brushed away quickly, laughing in response to her warning. Khaden was sure to protect Ember as long as he lived, and wanted nothing more than just to be with her. But at the moment, Cercelee was in his mind and he wouldn't let her get away from him.

"Let me walk with you." He said with a grin, sprinting up towards her. "I don't have anywhere to go in a hurry. I'd rather walk you back home than be worried all night." He tossed his head around and gave a quick yip. "Anyways, who doesn't need a strong guy like me around?" And with that, he stayed by Cercelee's side towards the Manor.
[/html]