Back at square one
[html]

word count: 317
Form: Optime
Time of Day: Morning (approx. 8AM)

The journey back was rough, though he wouldn’t admit it. Things in ‘Souls had become too peaceful for the brute; but when things outside of his old home became just that, he reluctantly returned. No one here was capable of putting him down, and he had quickly discovered that the ones he’d come across on his journey didn’t meet his standards either. On top of that, he still hadn’t found a shred of evidence pointing to his brother’s survival. Not seeing his sibling’s mangled, beat up body after the raid on his old pack left him without closure, and it seemed to be the only driving force behind Chishio’s own continued existence. Needless to say, it had been a very disappointing half year of travel.

Despite all this, he had managed to find a moment of illusionary peace at the edge of a waterfall. His gray body stood motionless as he stared blankly at the cascading water. He watched it plummet into the pool beneath and was reminded of how easy it was to just give up and give in. Images of himself trying to swim up the falling water played before his eyes, and he grunted disapprovingly. He pictured the task to be difficult and no matter how hard he tried, he would never reach his goal. The very idea of it stirred the familiar sensation of self-loathing. With no creature of the flesh to lay his hands on, he struck out at the falls with anger.

Unacceptable,” he growled. “Absolutely unacceptable.

Whether his words were directed at himself or the water itself, it wasn’t clear; but, he did know that he had little patience left to continue staring at the raging falls. He began to pace along the edge of the pool, muttering curses on this and that and hoping that the day would soon be over so he could move on to the next.

<style>
.japchi .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; }
.japchi p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.japchi b {color:#a09e5c; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.japchi {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... led-10.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c9822; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; padding:50px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

She's such a derpyface. Anyway, it's early morning for me too,
so apologies if this doesn't make sense!

The morning was nice, although Pia Hayes believed that every morning was nice, if she was awake for it. She would have loved to sleep in late today, dozing off in a tree somewhere if not on the big bed in her New Glasglow house, but the newborn sun found her in the wilderness. It was like the neutral territories were more populated than Ichika no Ho-en; it was never far between interesting scent trails of loners and pack wolves and prey. She wouldn’t complain about her new home, as it was beautiful and the luperci there were lovely so far and everything, but she did like to travel and sing on the road.

As self-assured about the peace of the world as she was, the young woman was not a fool when it came to living in the wilderness. Survival instincts bade her rise with the sun before the other critters started their days proper, although she was still very sleepy. Dousing herself in cold water would be the next course of action, and yawning she walked from her little nest toward the river. Her course was altered from the last time she explored, however, and her bland brown eyes widened happily as she saw the cascades.

The tallest of the falls looked scary if beautiful—a towering height, a neck-breaking drop. There were some smaller ones that ran off from others, though, and she ran through the trees to one of those more remote pools. She loosened the threads to her corset, stripping of her clothing, and began to undo her braids one by one—the little ones in the fringe of hair atop her head as well as the main one. Shaking out her dark hair, she grinned and ran out under the water, shrieking happily at the shock of cold spilling over her.

<style type="text/css">
.piahedge b {font-weight:bold; color:#8d8e00; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #000;}
.piahedge t {font-style:italic; color:#8d8e00; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #000;}
.piahedge .ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:center;}
.piahedge p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px 0px;}
.piahedge p:first-line {font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:0px; text-transform:uppercase;}
.piahedge {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#454600; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CVeQC.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:1px 0px 370px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#9ba183; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-top-left-radius:30px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word count: 319 // Made sense to me! Big Grin

Chishio’s head snapped toward the woman’s gleeful cries when her voice pierced through his ears. A frown crossed his lips as he shuddered at the sound and groaned with disappointment. He had hoped the time of day would have kept most creatures in bed and given him time enough to himself—for a few hours, at least. So it was with his ears flat against his head and tail high that he marched his way around the waterfall’s pool and toward the scent of the unwelcome female.

To his dismay, it wasn’t the woman he’d seen first; it was her clothes, haphazardly strewn across the ground. His foot pawed at the discarded items, turning them over as he inspected them with little interest. Eventually, he grew bored of her clothing; and, despite every instinct that told him to do otherwise, he shifted his eyes so that they landed on the oblivious, bathing stranger.

I hope you’re not expecting to be paid for your little show, lady,” he shouted. “I am not amused.

The brute folded his arms across his chest as if he were displeased with the stranger, but kept his eyes trained on her anyway. No self-respecting woman would enjoy having an unknown male watching her bathe, and he wondered just how uncomfortable he could make her. A devious grin spread across his lips as he stared. His alone time was rudely interrupted, but at least now he had a good source of amusement.

You really ought to check for strangers before you go and get naked in public,” he remarked plainly. “Unless that’s your thing. Then, by all means, go gallivanting about in your birthday suit.

The gray wolf chuckled to himself as he crossed his legs and sat down. He grabbed her corset and began swinging it on one finger and rested his cheek against his other hand. Hopefully she proved to be an easy victim.

<style>
.japchi b {color:#a09e5c; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.japchi {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... led-10.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c9822; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; padding:50px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

I have a feeling this will be a fun thread.

A voice caused the dove-grey woman to whirl around, her wet mane smacking her brownish-black shoulders. Her ears came to attention then fell back among the dripping, dark hair as she looked the other over curiously. He was grey as well, scarred, wearing pants not unlike the ones strewn on the mossy rocks—and decidedly closed-off, she decided. Her bland, tobacco brown eyes glimmered at his stony posture, however. She did love a challenge.

“I’m sorry you’re not amused,” Pia called back, grinning and stepping out from under the cascade. She shook herself like a dog, stifling laughter at the spray of droplets around her, and put her hands on her hips as she beamed at the stranger. “But I could sing a song if it please you. No payment necessary!”
Her smile became baffled as he grinned, and she became aware that she was soaked through-and-through and wearing nothing. This realization did not change a thing, however. She’d been looked at by others before; she knew what it was about, despite her outward innocence. She also didn’t care who saw her, who looked at her that way. When he sat down among her clothes, playing with her corset and making another dry remark on her nakedness, she giggled and walked over to the edge of the pool to sit on the rocks.

Pia started combing through her drenched mane with her fingers, looking him over as she did so. “I don’t got a thing,” she teased warmly, “least not that I know of. And, ’sides, do ya wear clothes in your four-leg forms? I don’t see the difference ’tween that and this. Clothes are nice, is all, just a silly nicety; we only need the fur on our back.” She crossed her arms, mimicking his earlier posture with a decidedly brighter demeanor.

<style type="text/css">
.piahedge b {font-weight:bold; color:#8d8e00; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #000;}
.piahedge t {font-style:italic; color:#8d8e00; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #000;}
.piahedge p:first-line {font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:0px; text-transform:uppercase;}
.piahedge {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#454600; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CVeQC.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:1px 0px 370px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#9ba183; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-top-left-radius:30px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word count: 345
Indeed! xD

Chishio’s nose scrunched disapprovingly as the girl shook her body free of the water that weighed it down. She seemed to wiggle in all the wrong ways, and the sight was not at all pleasant to witness. He took note of the many colors of her fur, deciding quickly that it, too, was an affront to nature. Whatever she was—or whatever she did to her coat—he did not like, and she would know that soon enough. If he were a different man, she would have been attractive; but he was not, and so she was ugly in his eyes. Then again, what wasn’t?

Don’t bother, ” he said. “If your singing is anything like your speaking voice, I would much rather sit in silence than have to bandage my ears later.

He snickered quietly to himself as he listened to her try and claim that clothes were but a nicety. He continued to stare at her water-soaked body as she mimicked his previous stance, wondering if she knew how easy she was making this for him.

Unfortunately for you, clothes are a necessity,” he remarked cruelly. “No one wants to lay eyes on a body like that for long, I assure you.

As if to emphasize his point, Chishio allowed his body to fall backward onto the grass, but his legs remained propped up. His tail swept the ground beneath him as he gazed up toward the morning sky, thanking whatever might be up there for giving him a good “welcome home” present. It had been a while since he’d found such an easy target to mess with, and it felt good to have a living creature to bat around for a bit. Assuming she stayed to try and defend herself, that was. Those brave souls were few and far between, but he enjoyed the challenge they presented.

So he would stay and hope that he had added enough fuel to the fire to keep it going, at least for a while.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

So short, blah.

The stone-colored male told her not to bother singing, and another woman might have been hurt by his insult. It was one thing to be mocked for a skill, but some things could not be changed—such as her species, or the color of her eyes, or the sound of her voice. She only recognized how ridiculous his statement was and therefore drew no offense from it. Smiling, she blinked innocently and went back to combing through her dark, wet hair.

Settling on his back in the grass by the pool, the man remarked on her body as well, deeming it unfit for anyone to look at. At this, she looked at him in surprise then openly giggled. He was trying so hard! It amused her, and she abandoned her hair to crawl over closer to him. She grinned evilly, half-sitting beside him, reaching out to plant a hand on his chest or belly and run her fingers through the soft fur there.

“Well, my clothes only make my body more…well, body-ly, I guess,” Pia informed him, glancing toward the corset that squeezed her waist and supported her breasts. She blinked then flicked her ears forward, chuckling. “Oh, unless you like boys and think girls are gross, then I understand, and that’s okay.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word count: 368 // Bahahaha! My muse is dying slowly… Not sure I like this >_>

Chi’s ears flickered at the sound of her giggles before they snapped back to lay flat on his skull to keep the noise from hurting his ears any longer. He wondered for a moment if she knew that her voice was like claws dragging across polished stone. A frown crossed his lips when he realized his words did not affect her. She was either stupid, or so sure of herself that she was able to push aside his insults. Whatever the case was, she was obviously brave enough to sit close to him—something he hadn’t quite expected. He kept a wary eye on her as she approached and wondered what that vicious little grin of hers could mean.

He allowed her the privilege of laying her hand upon him, but cringed visibly at her touch. The filthy paw of this strange female caused him to drop his once amused visage and adopt a sterner look. He was quick to wiggle a few feet away from her, hoping to rid himself of her touch.

I don’t discriminate. Everyone is ‘gross’,” he said with a growl. “You in particular.

Chi turned his face to her and snorted in disgust. Indeed, she was a foul beast, but his interest in her was growing. She seemed immune to his insults, and it bothered him to no end. As he stared at her through suspicious eyes, he decided that she was to be his newest pet project. He would find out what would make her smile fade, and he would shatter that illusion of self-confidence that kept him from having his fun. Oh yes, she would fall, and he would watch with a pretty grin sitting upon his lips.

Now, be a good girl and put your clothes back on,” he said as he tossed her corset to her. “I’d rather keep my eyesight intact, thank you.

With that, his sly grin returned, spreading slowly across his face. He propped himself onto his elbow so that he faced her and used his free hand to tap the ground impatiently. Chishio watched her expectantly and mused over what else he could do or say that might rip that silly smile off her face.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait on this. >>

The grouchypants flattened his ears and cringed and scowled and recoiled, but Pia wasn’t too affected by his so-called distress. She grinned as he managed to wiggle away, but she wasn’t finished with him just yet. Maybe she’d be the winner of this game, causing him to run away if he was really so horrified by her grossness. For one so committed to making others happy, she was always ready for a prank of some sort, and the child in her still liked messing with people’s heads. So long as she wasn’t actually hurting him, it would be fine, and that was doubtful unless he was allergic to others as his words implied.

“I feel extra special then,” the girl chirped when he said that she was particularly gross. She met his gaze brazenly, trying to read anything there other than his frustration toward the state of the world, or whatever was causing his issues. His order made her tilt her head, peering toward the scarred eye, but she quashed her statement: what’s left of it, you mean. That was crossing a line, and while she was unafraid of his scowling and insulting, she knew that cruelty would only rouse the same out of him. She didn’t think that he would attack her, but saying the wrong thing might make him consider it.

Shrugging her shoulders, she grabbed her clothes and pulled her pants on, made a little difficult by the stones and other stuff weighing them down. Her corset was next, and she tied the black and white threads together effortlessly before smiling. “Better?” she asked, and put on a grouchy face. “Worse,” she decided morosely, mimicking his voice the best she could, and fell back into the grass beside him, her tail wagging as she tried to wiggle and brush against him.

“Sooooo,” she went on, amused, “what makes me so extra-especially gross?”

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 430

He watched her dress, though he found no pleasure in it. There was nothing about her body he could think of as attractive. So when she set herself back into the corset, he stared blankly, unaffected by the way the clothing held her curves or the fact that she was sopping wet. The only reaction he could muster was a disapproving frown, for though she was clothed as he demanded, she was still the ugly pup he’d caught streaking through his waterfall.

When she attempted an imitation of him, he snorted. He was unimpressed, and made it obvious in the way he furrowed his brow. The female was, for lack of a better word, annoying; and though he felt less and less inclined to continue their game, he was far too stubborn to give in so quickly—especially to her. So when she fell down to the grass again and slithered toward him, he decided that if sarcasm and simple insults were not enough, he would push a little harder.

No one likes a whore, missy,” he said gruffly. “Especially ones that cozy up to people when they haven’t even learned their name.

He waved a hand for her to move away from him. A growl rumbled in his throat as he looked upon her with judgmental eyes. He was beginning to become fed up with her closeness, and while he hoped to avoid violence with his new toy, he was not above resorting to it if she didn’t remove herself from his bubble.

You stink, too,” he noted as he turned up his nose. “It doesn’t seem you’re smart enough to figure that out on your own. You should appreciate the hint.

He kept himself planted on the ground as he waited for her to move; for it was his ground, and she was trespassing. He watched her warily and bared his teeth to add to his threat. The more thought he gave to a violent ending to their meeting, the more tempted he became. His head swam with bloodlust, and as time passed it was becoming more difficult to keep his hands to himself. Surely a tiny wench such as she would offer little resistance, but it had been far too long since his last kill and his jaws yearned for flesh.

But the thought of an easy kill made his stomach churn and put a bad taste in his mouth. So he sheathed his fangs and settled for glaring her to death instead. Boring and uneventful, but better than dishonoring himself any more than he already had.

No worries, dear <3

Table by Kitty! Textures courtesy of ArtOfDecay-Stock, ninja-pi, Sirius-sdz & Wolf photo by Dirk Duckhorn

<style>
.KMTT_Chi p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT_Chi b {font-family:verdana; color:#b01515; margin:5px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 2px;}
.KMTT_Chi {background-color:#000000; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#f4d9b7; line-height:12px; max-width:638px; min-width:30%; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/5710/base2g.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:450px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #060404; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT_Chi .inner {margin:0 18px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT_Chi .WC {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #511508; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.KMTT_Chi .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#FFFFFF; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-top:2px dotted #511508; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]