These little wonders…
[html]
All welcome!

She knew what she had done that day, but it helped the Takekuro woman to never believe in the rules of reality until they slapped her in the face. It had been a smart move when she was wandering the wilderness to stop at the Court when she realized she had miscalculated her cycle; better be there in friendly territory than in unclaimed lands drawing every sleazy lone wolf her way. What she hadn’t counted on, though, was that she would find anybody in the court except her brother. Reasonably, she thought she could shack up in the hotel for a few days, or lurk within the safety of their borders but stay away from the pack members until her cycle had passed and she could make her way home. Never in her wildest dreams did she think she would just happen upon one of her dearest friends while she was there.

Now weeks had passed, and short of strolling through fond memories of that day she hadn’t bothered to think of the consequences of her time with Mars. Home now, she had been pretending that she had not done anything at all. That there was no reason to think that she was…

Plop! Water splashed at the bottom of the well as she dropped a river pebble into the dark tunnel. She loved the sound it made, echoing up to meet her. The square was strangely silent. Sarian was now old enough to be by herself… a little bit, anyway… and Orin let her play in the edge of the woods that encircled Thornbury, so for now she enjoyed a rare moment of silence. It was peaceful, here, in the center of Thornbury’s shopping district.

Orin straightened. Standing and turning around, she wriggled onto the edge of the well, her eyes cast over the empty town. Someone would come along, someone always did, but for now it was her peace. At least, until golden eyes wandered the buildings, first skimming the place Mars Russo once lived, and then landing upon the book store that she once called home.

Was there some sort of sign here? She wondered as she swallowed the lump that suddenly settled in her throat. All of a sudden that feeling of peace turned into loneliness.

#300+

<style>
#ogift-hedgehog {width:85%;max-width:700px;min-width:480px;font-size:13px;font-family:Times New Roman, Times, serifs;text-align:justify;margin:0px auto;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.3px;word-spacing:2px;}
#ogift-hedgehog.ooc {text-align:right;font-size:11px;line-height:13px;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;}
#ogift-hedgehog.wc {text-align:right;font-size:10px;font-family:Trebuchet MS, sans-serif;letter-spacing:3px;}
#ogift-hedgehog.table {background-color:#bcb2a8;border:1px solid #000000;outline:0px solid #ffffff;padding:0px;background-position:top right;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:210px;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #bcb2a8;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Vxj5X.png);color:#000000;}
#ogift-hedgehog.table p {text-indent:40px;padding:5px 10px 5px 10px;}
#ogift-hedgehog.table b {color:#3f8407;text-shadow:1px 1px 5px #ffffff;font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:3px;}
</style>[/html]
Dara wandered, absently minded, into Thornbury. She glanced at that house she has had her eye's on for weeks now, and mentally kicked herself for not claiming it. She let her thoughts wonder back to the conversation she had had with the Captina, who had offered to help her settle in. She smiled and kept walking at a leisurely pace.

She found herself in the shopping section of Thornbury, not one she was familiar with yet. Something much more unfamiliar caught her eye was she walked into the area. It was a she-wolf, perched on the edge of the well Dara sometimes found herself gazing in.

Her mane was an unusual color. Pink. But, strangely enough, Dara found it quite appealing, especially against her white fur. A young pup played around the edge of the woods. Must be her's, Dara said. She took a deep breath and ventured forward, always ready to make another friend inside the pack.

She strolled up beside the well, and found herself at a slight lose for words, This wolf was very pretty from Dara's last vantage point, but much more beautiful up close. Finding her tongue, she said her greeting rather calmly. She tried to hide the hesitation in her words. I haven't seen you around here before. New to the pack, darling, or am I just blind? Oh, I am Dara, by the way.

Saying her name was very much an afterthought She wasn't really focused on names at that moment in time. Dara's eyes wandered over the she-wolf's mane. I love the color of your mane! The enthusiasm in her words were not faked one bit, and very much real. Though, it did hold true to her spastic questions and statements.
[html]

Orin’s focus shifted from her whimsical gaze upon the book store to the sight of the brown shaded woman as she moseyed down the street and into the shopping district. She had thought she’d seen the woman around the pack before but didn’t know her personally, probably only from meetings. She wasn’t sure of her name or her role within the pack… and that was probably something she should fix. Faces changed constantly, it was not good to be unfamiliar with your pack.

Yet despite the vein of her thoughts, the woman’s greeting still shocked her. Orin couldn’t disguise the look of surprise when she asked her if she was new, and she did not mean to laugh at her yet she could do nothing but chuckle in response. A look crossed her face as if to ask ‘are you serious?’, but she knew the woman was, so she erased it with a shake of her head.

“New? Me? No,” even those who she hadn’t met formally had usually seen her about the pack lands enough to know that she was a long time member of d’Arte. An apologetic look crossed her features then. “Sorry, I don’t mean to be rude, just there’s not many who don’t know me. I’m Orin Takekuro. Domatrice - lead stablewoman – historian, and founding member of d’Arte.”

She offered the woman a hand to shake, glancing over her shoulder in time to see the grey pup pop out of the woods only to disappear right back in. Sarian must be playing quite the game to have passed over the chance to come meet someone new. “Maybe I’ve just been buried under the hay for too long.” It was true, she had been a bit of a recluse since she began taking care of the animals. After leaving Shawchert – and then the man’s disappearance – she wanted the spotlight off of her for a little while.

“I’ve seen you around but since we’ve never formally met, what’s your name? Oh, thank you,” she smiled and touched one of her locks. “I make the dyes myself. I love spring, ingredients are in good supply.”

#300+

<style>
#ogift-hedgehog {width:85%;max-width:700px;min-width:480px;font-size:13px;font-family:Times New Roman, Times, serifs;text-align:justify;margin:0px auto;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.3px;word-spacing:2px;}
#ogift-hedgehog.ooc {text-align:right;font-size:11px;line-height:13px;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;}
#ogift-hedgehog.wc {text-align:right;font-size:10px;font-family:Trebuchet MS, sans-serif;letter-spacing:3px;}
#ogift-hedgehog.table {background-color:#bcb2a8;border:1px solid #000000;outline:0px solid #ffffff;padding:0px;background-position:top right;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:210px;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #bcb2a8;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Vxj5X.png);color:#000000;}
#ogift-hedgehog.table b {color:#3f8407;text-shadow:1px 1px 5px #ffffff;font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:3px;}
</style>[/html]
Dara watched the white colored wolf's face change from calm to surprised. A smile crossed Dara's lips as she heard the chuckle of the new wolf. Perfect, she thought to herself. She wanted to get the wolf to laugh at her. It made her feel successful. But her self praise was interrupted by the look that crossed her face. She could read it perfectly.

At her remark of not being new, Dara's held tilted slightly to the side and showed the young pup still in her. Her words were welcomed, as she told her position in the pack. Good. I can learn something from her about the pack history. But, she felt stupid for not knowing her own pack's founding members.

Smiling she shook the outstretched paw and looked the same play Orin's eyes landed. She saw the gray pup playing in the woods. She wanted a pup but was too young and knew how much work they are. I guess I was in the small group that didn't know you. I'm Dara Moon, Immaginazione- the imaginator. But, I hope to someday acquire the rank of Linguist, since I am fluent in German and French, along with English. And I can read and write in all three languages. I know this is a bit straightforward but is the pup yours? Curiosity had gotten the better of Dara, showing her inquisitive nature.

Her hair caught Dara's eyes and kept them there. It is beautiful, either way. I love hearing that you make the dye yourself. I want to know how to make dye. It would be interesting to know. She let the unasked question hang in the air, not wanting to physically ask it. She let the silence hang for a few seconds before asking her next spastic question. So, what can you tell me about the pack's history? I am always eager to learn about my pack and since you are a historian-and founding member- I think you would be the perfect wolf. Dara said, showing a slightly flirtatious grin. It wasn't enough to give away anything. There was something she wanted to figure out very badly about all of her packmates, and her was her next wolf.
[html]

“Well, I’ll forgive you,” she quipped about Dara not knowing her. After all, the woman did seem young and was a bit newer to Cercatori herself. A new home, new world, new family was an overwhelming thing, and it would be easy for some details to be lost in the mix. “I’ve actually spent a lot of time away from home lately, in all honesty. Nearly the whole month at the festival, and then a few weeks ago was my daughters’ birthdays so I went off to visit them in their packs and then stopped by to see a… friend… on my way back.” She glanced away as she spoke obscurely about this ‘friend,’ a lilt coming into her voice when she said it. Her eyes dropped, though not in sadness, as though she was staring at her feet. Still sitting on the well, she watched her feet swing idly.

“It’s nice to meet you finally, Dara,” she smiled. “Linguist is a fine rank. I once was of the traditional ranks myself, but have since switched tier.” Her eyes shifted to the book store again. “I hold the same co-rank as I did then, though. If you need any resources, that is the book store.” She gestured toward the wood, brick and mortar building. “Some of the books were sold off during the festival, but I never would have sent away any useful knowledge, just the nonsense ones about fairy tales and stuff.” Anybody who knew the true Orin would have gawked at her when she said that, for once upon a time all Orin ever lived by was fantasy stories and fairy tales. She had even named all of her children after characters from Shakespeare.

“Maybe you could translate some of the writings. I don’t know any other languages myself but I always wanted to learn. I think there was some stuff there written in another language,” she shrugged, “But I don’t know what.”

Hopping down, she brushed her hands off on her thighs. Now that she was standing on her own two feet it was obvious that the woman was a pipsqueak. She stood just a few inches over 5 foot. “But somebody might have taken it over,” she said begrudgingly. “So you might have to check with them first.” Yeah, there was no small amount of ire in her tone.

“Oh, Sarian?” She asked as she looked to the woods, but the puppy was too far in to see. “Yes, she is mine.” She answered simply. Sarian was not actually of Orin’s body or blood, but that is not what Dara asked so her answer was honest all the same. “She’s a bit of a hand full but she’s growing. About time for her to start changing, I think. Any day now…” Little did Orin know that the puppy she adopted would not actually change, for she was born of pure blood and uninfected wit the virus. She would learn this fact about her adopted daughter in time.

The conversation was moving right along, and Orin didn’t mind. A chatterbox herself, she liked having plenty of topics to discuss in a short amount of time. Dara was eager and pleasant, and she had completely forgiven the woman’s earlier blunder.

“I could always teach you how to craft dyes,” she offered as she began to casually walk across the square, heading toward the southern road. Her pace was slow and easy, and it was clear she meant for Dara to walk with her if she wanted to. “We’ll be having plenty of supplies come into bloom here real soon, and I could even draw up a few manuals on it if I could find a blank journal. And I can tell you anything about the pack’s history, but rather than pull random facts out of the air and tell you things you’ve already heard I’d prefer to answer the questions you want to know. So… ask me anything.”

#600+

<style>
</style>[/html]
Dara was relieved the woman had forgiven her so quickly. She was new to the pack after all, only having joined a few months ago. The festival was something Dara hadn't heard much about and didn't join, though it probably would have been interesting to go. Her words flowed softly through Dara's ears. Her interst peaked when she hestitated to call the wolf she was speaking of just a friend. She was curious but not going to push the topic. Orin didn't seem particularly keen on discussing it.

Her praise of the traditional rank pleased Dara. Her love for words was great, and Orin seemed to share the same passion for them. Fairy tales and the fictious stories are the best ones though! A smile crossed her lips and followed by a gentle laugh.

It took Dara a second for her to find the words that were just rolling through her mind. Some many things to say, and they had just met! The offer for an oppertunity to translate books was just the thing Dara had been looking for. I'm always ready for a chance to teach or translate. You know, I could teach you if you wanted... She let the open offer hang in the air for a bit as she watch the small women stand up off the well. Dara herself happened to be right at six feet tall. She didn't like her height all that much. It didn't aid in climbing trees.

She seems to have a lot of energy. I couldn't keep up with her. Strange..she reminds me of me when I was that young. Full of life and energy. In all honesty, it hasn't been that long since she was that age. A little over a year ago. Keeping her eyes on Orin, she saw her start to walk off, and quickly caught up next to her. It was great to have a conversation with someone that was light and care-free as this one was going.

The height difference between the two amused Dara for some odd reason. Her mind wandered on the possiblity of working with Orin on a manual for making dyes. She readily accepted this offer. That would be quite amazing! I actually have a few blank journals in my bag, ready to be used. I think that would work very well. So, about the pack, who else founded, besides you and Skye? Has it always been an 'art and trade' based pack? Was it dificult to start the pack up?And how did you start the pack?t was a mix of random questions Dara had about the pack. The way she asked her questions were true to her spastic nature. She would ask one and take two seconds to think and speak again. She was trying not to miss anything. That would bug Dara very badly.