I'll take you home <-Khaden->
[html]

She didn't know the last time she'd slept in a bed. Back in Dahlia de Mai she kept to herself, sleeping in a hole beneath a boulder, trying to stay out of everyones' ways. She didn't want to run into Firefly anywhere, so she usually stayed out of anywhere near where she thought her sister might be. She didn't want to fight, didn't want to argue...so she avoided her instead.

She was still unshifted, in a four legged form, so getting out of the bed would be a little awkward. But once she had opened her eyes and been awake for a few moments, she knew she had to get up. She felt lazy, lying in bed when she could be up doing something...even if her shoulder did still ache a little. She could remember seeing Naniko, having something cold pressed against her shoulder, worried hands running over her neck...but not much else. How had she even gotten here?

She stretched out the three of her legs that didn't hurt, trying to get out of the sheets. They were tangled around her in an impossible mess.

[/html]
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... c2b4-1.jpg); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
wc: 410
Khaden had not slept very well the night before - not that he tried. He was too anxious, to ready and willing to help Ember in the room across from his. He continually paced around his room, listlessly flipping through books, opening and closing his windows, tip toeing around the house. The jet black male was in a sort of adrenaline spin. His eyes constantly were locked to the room that held Ember. He decided that possibly the best way to clear out his head was to actually leave the house - so he did, into the morning's break.

It was still relatively dark outside, with brilliant pastels brimming against the horizon. Khaden grinned, realizing abruptly that he had stayed up the whole night and still had endless energy to spare. He loped around the area, running circles and zigzags near the Haven Manor. Sparkling green eyes seemed to take in the breadth of the fresh morning, and Khaden reaped it all in hungrily. It was still too early to expect any other wolf up, but still he knew he had to do something to pass the time before Ember awoke. But then it struck him, an idea, a brilliant one in fact, and he could barely contain himself.

Shifting to his secui form, Khaden surveyed his body. Strong, rippling muscles seemed to dimple and shift beneath a sheen coat of black. His body was longer and larger, and his mane seemed to shag right to his limbs. He was going to go hunting. He had no doubt that Ember was probably hungry, as she hadn't had anything the day before to eat, and now was bedridden, so the ebony canine had to bring the food right to her! So off the male went, bounding happily as he scouted for the easiest food.

It didn't take long at all before Khaden came back towards the house, trotting happily with an once snoozing hare between his teeth. He snuck back inside, and toed up the stairs before he reached the room that the girl that was ultimately in his care resided in. He clawed easily pass the door, expecting to find the femme asleep, but astounded to see that she was not. Jade eyes widened to truly see something unexpected, he shuffled his feet, not quite sure what to do. "I wout yawabet." He muffled from around the carcass enthusiastically, his tail wagging slowly behind him.
[/html]
[html]

She was beginning to remember bits of what had happened before she'd come to Twilight Vale. She'd been wandering around the borders, looking for Savina so that they might go for a run or something when she'd run into a different wolf. After a little bit of a talk he had taken her back to these lands...but he had yet to tell her his name. She was trying to remember exactly what he looked like when a face poked into the room. That was him.

What had happened, though? He hadn't...done anything to her while she was out, had he? It'd hurt pretty badly, even being carried, so most of what had happened was blurred in her mind. Naniko wouldn't have let anyone hurt her, though, she knew that much.

The male had been nice to her...really nice. She'd liked playing with him. But Lubomir had been nice, too, in the beginning. Then things had gotten strange. "I...thank you."She managed to get her feet untangled from the sheets, and she moved over in case he wanted to jump up. He came in the room a bit farther and she couldn't help but admire him; his pelt was a brilliant, shining black, untainted by any brown or white, and...my, but he looked strong.

[/html]
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... c2b4-1.jpg); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
He held the rabbit between his teeth gingerly, not wanting to mar it anymore than it should be, attempting to keep the agile body in the most pristine conditions for her. His long, muscular limbs stroke out on the magnificent flooring as he padded towards the girl in front of him, watching as she disentangled herself from the bedding and scooted over. Khaden couldn't help but grin impishly, his tail a slow, sloping wag as he took up his forelegs and lept up into the bed beside her. He deposited the rabbit right in front of her and looked back up to her again.

It never ceased to amaze him how stunning she was. Fairly attractive and youthful, Ember had a glow about her accented by those gorgeous brunette highlights in her luscious ebony fur. Her eyes, green like his, were a soft liquid texture, as if warming and coaxing all the same. He waved away her condolences as he looked expectantly to her. "I know you probably didn't have anything to eat the day before, and today, well, you can't particularly hunt for yourself what with your shoulder and whatnot, so I thought I'd catch you a little breakfast." He couldn't help but edge out the little pride in his voice as he said these things, smiling before his brows became furrowed, and his eyes softened. "Are you doing okay?"
[/html]
[html]
We're hilarious.

How embarrassing...to have had him carry her all the way back here. Nothing about Ember could ever be described as small, and she wondered whether he'd had trouble carrying her all that way. She had been bleeding pretty badly, and had lost track of what had happened on the way there. She didn't have a whole lot of room on the bed as it was, but tried to make sure that there was enough room for him when he came up next to her.

Having him so near to her again made her nervous but she tried to hide it, thumping her tail against the bed. She was pleased that he had brought her something, but hadn't realized that he would actually be this close when he gave it to her. "I am a little hungry--the rabbit is perfect." Her eyes met his, then dropped again. Everything about him seemed so...intense. But in a good way.

Ember had once thought that it was strange how nice the wolves in Twilight Vale were, how much they trusted strangers and were lax with rules...but now her views had changed a little. Perhaps she was too used to life in Dahlia de Mai.

"I felt kind of dizzy sometimes, like when you first came in...but I feel okay now. You aren't tired from carrying me? I'm really, really sorry about that. Really." She wondered if he'd gotten himself anything to eat. "We should half this hare, and share it"

[/html]
[html]
If Khaden had known how small the bed was, he would have immediately offered his own bedroom, what with it's luxurious queen sized bed and canopy, instead of the one that was given to her. He shrugged his shoulders to relieve some of the tension that built up in it over the night as she gave her response. He couldn't up but glance over to her as she said it, proud that he did something right this time around instead of merely aggravating old wounds. When he had seen her eyes, however, those liquid jade eyes, he couldn't help but melt, looking away the same time she did in a little bit of a nervous anticipation.

Her comments made him laugh as he settled deeper into the bedding. "You're not heavy." He said, giving a bit of a chuckle. "And it was my pleasure to help you out, so don't feel sorry. I felt horrible that I reopened that wound of yours." He looked at her again, watching her as she regarded the rabbit and with a simple swoop he opened it up and tore chunks of it away, approximately little less than half for himself as he pushed the rest of it to her. "Happy breakfast." He said with that impish grin.
[/html]
[html]
One more, or close? :o I remembered that he hadn't told her his name xD

It was so refreshing to be around someone like him, someone so nice. She did still think that it was weird how much he smiled, but she was slowly getting used to it. Smiling was addictive...so in the days to come she would be smiling more, too. Firefly didn't have to rule her life, not when she had Khaden there with her. He was really someone special. "You never did tell me your name." She reminded him as she began eating. "I ought to know the name of the wolf who carried me all the way over here."

[/html]
[html]
"Khaden. Khaden Aatte." He replied softly, jade green eyes taking in the sight of Ember as she sat there, in complete peace. A soft smile played at his muzzle as he pushed the rabbit, knowing she was probably good enough to go back to Dahlia de Mai, but not wanting to think about her leaving him again. He had just found a good friend, and he was reluctant to let her leave so readily. But now was not the time for such thoughts as he bent over and nibbled off of a piece of rabbit meat. He didn't know when he would see her again after this event, but he knew it was going to be soon.
[/html]