Melodies in the Night
OOC: Near Whisper beach! Early evening/late evening. Just wanting Hunter to make some friends! She is in Optime form.

Traveling all day had taken a toll on Hunter and her horses. It was a struggle on her trying to make the journey to Nova Scotia on her own. Though she liked being on her own, she dearly missed the company of other wolves in her life. She had never appreciated the company that her adopted father proved her until now.
She longed to her a noise that wasn't her own voice, or the neigh of her horses. She loved Fantasia and Shadow very much, but she needed other wolves right now.

Settling in for a the night, Hunter sat her self down in a clearing near a beach. The sound of the waves crashing on the beach was gorgeous. A breeze ruffled her black, white and gray fur. Nothing said spring like a mildly warm evening. She sighed and leaned back against a fallen tree, while the Fantasia nestled her white body behind the log. She draped her long white head over the leg, laying it against Hunter's arm. Shadow laid his ebony body down in the grass across from Hunter and Fantasia. Shadow flicked his tail back and forth lazily.

Hunter couldn't help but smile at the horse. He was the lazy one. She reached beside her and picked up her guitar. She strummed a few chords and then played a song she had memorized. She had the sheet music in her bag, but for this particular melody she didn't need it.

The sound carried on the coming night's calm sea breeze. She closed her eyes, listening to the sound of her own playing.

Word count: 266
Dara had gone outside the boarders of her pack, again tonight. She wasn't really in the mood to talk to any wolf in her pack. It wasn't that the annoyed her. She was just in a bad state of mind and didn't want to snap at someone and cause problems. As she always does when she needs to chill, Dara clambered up into a tree and rested herself in the fork of two branches.

She was perfectly comfortable there in her tree, watching the sunset. She leaned her head back, her ears perking up from the position they were in. Closing her eyes, she tried to calm herself down and relax. She was accomplishing just that, until the caw of a bird startled Dara. She slowly opened her eyes and saw the raven perched on the same limb as one of her legs.

She scrambled to get out of the tree, almost falling to the ground numerous times. Her paws shook slightly from the fear the bird had caused by being so close to her. She set her paws to the ground and swung her tail back and forth in choppy motions, highly agitated that a bird had caused her to move from her comfy spot in the tree, Her ears laid flat against her head as the breeze blew through her fur. Damn bird, she snarled walking toward the beach, hoping to find another tree to rest in.

As she walked, her ears shot up as the sound of a guitar floated through them. It was a song she knew. She knew the words but couldn't sing without causing ears to bleed, or sounding like a dying cat. The tune was common enough around the area Dara had grown up in.

The sound was faint, so she followed the sound until she came upon a clear.

She saw the source of the beautiful music. She leaned against a tree, patiently waiting for the she-wolf to finish the song. You know, my mother use to sing that to me when I was younger. I was always angry or upset when she would sing that song. It would easily calm me down. How do you know that melody? Dara asked curiously. She still leaned against the tree with crossed arms, watching the new wolf.
Her eyes opened slowly and she set her guitar down beside her. She jumped slightly at the sound of the new voice. It startled her more than she let on though. Her ears stood at half mast, cautious of this new wolf. She may have been craving companionship, but she was still wary of new wolves. Though, the nature of this wolf was one she adored.

Her posture was laid back and easy going. Hunter saw the curiosity that ran through the wolves mainly blue eyes. She listened to the female speak, and smiled to herself.

Well, I heard it when I was younger. I had stopped and made camp with a traveling group of wolves. They sang the song and I tried to find the right cords to go with the notes they were singing, and finally came up with something relatively close. One of the wolves gave me the sheet music for the song before they left the next morning. All luck I guess. Hunter said shyly. She wasn't going to open up entirely to this she-wolf.

For the first time, Hunter let her eyes wander this stranger. She saw the curve of her body and the way the cloth around her neck fell. She let the details of the coloring of this wolf sink in, and the lines of muscles under her fur. Her eyes quickly left the new wolf, once the stranger's gaze met her nervous one. This wolf was pretty, in Hunter's opinion at least, but you can not trust by looks alone.

You can come and sit if you would like, Hunter muttered shyly. Her voice had some force behind it but not enough to say she was comfortable with the new creature. Hunter just wanted to make sure the wolf was comfortable, and wanted to get to know this wolf that would randomly show up.

How long were you standing there? she said gently, once the wolf had sat down.

Word Count= 322
Dara listened to her story and smiled. It pleased Dara to hear of elder wolves passing on knowledge to younger wolves. Nothing is luck. Everything happens for a reason. Dara heard the shyness in her voice and the way she kept her eyes off Dara. That made her determined to make the new wolf less shy. Dara let the silence between them sit undisturbed, since it seemed to bring this wolf out of her shell.

The she-wolf's gaze wander over Dara. Strangely enough, Dara enjoyed seeing this wolf's bi colored eyes on her body. Her eye's were wandering up her and finally met Dara's steady gaze. Quickly, almost embarrassed to be caught, she looked around and muttered something Dara's ears just barely caught. It was an invitation to came and rest next to the stranger.

Dara thought only a few seconds about it before gathering some wood and starting a fire for the two she-wolves and the horses. After a few attempts the wood caught fire and burned brightly. Placing herself fairly close to the wolf, she made herself comfortable. When sitting next to the stranger, it was obvious to Dara how much taller the stranger was.

Not long. Since about the middle of the song. It was beautiful, if I do say so myself. Her words were honest and sincere. And what do I have the pleasure of calling you?

Dara was trying her best to get this wolf to talk. In the light of the fire, Dara could see the wolf had purple streaks in her mane. Purple! I love the color in your mane!

The thought was spastic and it kept true to Dara's spastic and unorderly way of speaking.
Everything happens for a reason. Somehow Hunter doubted that statement but kept her maw shut. She was starting to like this wolf and wasn't going to chance anything. She didn't want to think that her family abandoning her happened for a reason. She didn't want to think that her father's numerous attempts to murder her were for a reason. She didn't want to think that Ethan dying before she turned two had for a reason.

The other seemed happy by the invitation and started a fire for the two of them. Shadow stirred but laid his large head down and closed his large brown eyes. He was asleep in seconds with the fire roaring. Fantasia pushed her head harder into Hunter's arm, and moved restlessly, and fearfully.

Hunter saw how close the wolf placed herself and Hunter quickly became a little tense. The wolf was obviously short than herself. That fact made Hunter smile brightly. Finally she answered Hunter's question, and ended with one of her own. Thank you. Hunter, Hunter Bane. Hunter was forced to believe that her music was good, the words leaving the muzzle of this new wolf. What's your name? she said gently.

In the firelight and moonlight, the wolf's eyes glowed. It was almost hypnotic to Hunter. She loved her eyes. Suddenly, a fuzzy feeling started to form in her stomach. Butterflies?....no. It can't be butterflies, Hunter thought to herself. The outburst of this wolf made Hunter laugh. It was a trait and nature she truly adored. She quickly covered her muzzle with her paw, feeling slightly guilty. Thank you. I make the dye myself. It's a simple dye but it works.

Hunter's mind started to work and planned her next move carefully. She needed the self esteem boost that flirting would give her but she was unsure if this female was like her or not. Yes, it was obvious to Hunter the confidence change in her when she was flirting. And it was worth a shot. Maybe she would learn something new about this wolf. Maybe the butterflies would go away...or get worse. She quickly pushed that thought out of her head. She had promised herself that after the two failed attempts at finding love that she wasn't going to try and find it. So the possibility that she may like this new wolf was positively unacceptable in her mind. But, was it truth?

Gently, she turned on her side and laid facing the new wolf. Casual, she tried to bring up a topic that would tell her if she could flirt or not. Do you have a mate?
A mate. That was a hard topic for Dara. She did like one wolf, but he was taken. "No...but, a mate will probably be hard for me to find anyways. I have the ideal mate in mind, but I do have one advantage in the search. I do not only have to look for a male. I can look for a female too. It took Dara all the strenght and courage she had to tell this wolf the way she was. Not many wolves understood her thoughts and feelings. She honestly hoped to any god listening that Hunter understood.

She took the oppertunity to scoot a little closer to Hunter. She was trying to subtly show the growing affections Dara realized were developing. That moment gave her the chance to really look over the curvey wolf. She had just the right amount of muscle, but the right amount of femine curve that Dara liked. The purple dye caught the moonlight just enough to make it have a glow to it. Her eyes retained enough firelight to see the reflection of the fire in her eyes. The white and black in her fur contrasted enough to give this shy wolf an automatic air and confidence.

The shyness this wolf held was what attracted Dara to Hunter. Dara would have gotten the answer to her question and felt had Hunter been arogent and cocky. Have you joined a pack yet? Or thought about joining a pack? The question was gentle and smooth. Dara was trying to figure out if she was going to have to convince Hunter to come to her pack if she decided that she was going to try and get Hunter as her mate.
Hunter perked up at hearing those two things come out of Dara's mouth. She was bisexual after all, and she didn't have a mate. Hunter slowly tried to form a plan in her head. She wasn't just going to wing this. She needed to have an idea of what she wanted to accomplish with this wolf and chance meeting. She needed to keep this wolf close to her and, maybe, she would even go with Dara. She saw how honest, open, and spastic Dara was. It compelled Hunter to keep close to Dara. Dara was quickly becoming the closet wolf to Hunter, and that was hard to do. Breathing deeply, Hunter stayed quiet and watched Dara move closer to her. The cool spring night wind had picked up a bit since they first sat down. Smiling she tired her first move. Cold darling? she asked, before moving right next to Dara, skin touching skin. The parts of her that were touching Dara were warmed up.

Dara's question caught her off guard. She hadn't really thought about a pack but maybe she should. Uh, well no. I haven't thought about any packs. But, I would like one that has some respect for the arts. That much is set. What pack do you belong too? Hunter muttered gently, seeing as Dara was very close to her now.

I forgot to mention that I'm bisexual too. That just slipped my mind entirely. Hunter could smell Dara's scent strongly now. She had an earthy smell, like the woods, and fire. The smoky scent seemed to be on her strong than it should be. Even with a fire roaring, the smell was strong. Hunter wanted to lay her head on Dara's head or shoulder, but she resisted.
Hunter pressing herself up against Dara was a little unexpected, but playing along may get Dara closer to this wolf. Yes, a little. But not now. It was simple enough, and maybe it would help out.

My pack... Dara hadn't thought about her pack. She hadn't thought about the state of mind she was in when she left her pack grounds. She hadn't thought about her family. Well, my pack is Cercatori D'Arte. As the name implies, it is an arts and trade based pack. I have an ability for drawing, sketching, and speaking and writing fluently in two other languages. I love my pack. You know, we have an open spot for a musician or stage performer. Maybe you could fill one of those spots, if you wanted to join that is. Dara spoke her words effectively. In her mind they were effective. She hoped she had put enough emphasis on the open spot for a wolf with a talent like Hunter's.

Dara highly doubted she just forgot to mention her sexuality a few minutes ago. But, who knows. When she first met Shadow that slipped Dara's mind and it took her months to tell him. But Dara took that little "added" fact as a signal that Hunter probably had some feelings for her. That, and the fact that she voluntarily pressed herself up against Dara. Being the blunt wolf she was, Dara acted on her thoughts. Though they were probably going to get her in trouble if she was wrong. She hoped she wasn't wrong.

Gently Dara wiggled her paw from underneath herself, brushing it against Hunter's side as she did. She ran it through Hunter's fur, going from the base of her mane down her cheek to the bottom part of her muzzle. She would run her paw along that as many times as Hunter would let her. That feeling she had earlier grow stronger with every touch of Hunter's skin on her's. Your fur is so soft. Her words come out almost as a seductive growl, but not quite. She didn't want that to happen tonight. She wouldn't let it.
Hunter listened as Dara told her about the pack she lived in. Hunter was interested in this pack, and let Dara know with a slight whine of want. I want to join your pack. I think I could fill those spots. Honestly, I want to be a stage performer but I have "stage fright." It's when I freeze up when trying to performer in front of a bit group. I can play my guitar in front of a group but I can not entertain them like I want to do. Her voice came out quiet. She knew Dara would probably understand that and wouldn't judge her. She was learning this about this wolf, and was hoping her was learning that real Dara, and not a front.

The next few minutes seemed to take an hour to pass. The feeling of Dara's paw brushing her side made her shutter. The touch was simply wonderful. She knew then that it was butterflies in her stomach. She almost pulled away from the touch when she ran her paw through her fur. But, she leaned closer to Dara and let her keep going. Her words came out with a subtle seduction to them but Hunter wasn't paying attention to it.

She started to move away from Dara until she felt a soft head pushing her back to Dara. With narrowed eyes, Hunter glanced and saw Fantasia nudging her. The horse was trying to help Hunter, and she realized that in the next few seconds. Her eyes widened and patted the horses head before turning back to Dara. She took a deep breath, and placed a careful lick to Dara's neck. Then gently placed another lick on Dara's cheek. Hesitantly she nipped affectionately at the other she-wolf's shoulder and collar bone.

I don't believe I have to tell you I have a very good bit of affection for you. She whispered the words in Dara's ear. They were for her to hear and her only. The world could wait to know until later.
Hunter's eagerness to join CdA was impressive. It wasn't surprising that Hunter had stage fright. Maybe Dara could help her out with that. Great. When you want to join CdA, come to the pack borders and howl for me. I will come and meet you and then signal for someone to come and accept you. Come whenever you feel ready.

Dara watched Hunter's responses to her touch. She didn't feel the slight shutter she gave. She was highly amused by the horse she had. It was interesting to watch the horse push Hunter back to her. Though, it did disappoint Dara slightly that Hunter did almost move away from her touch.

Dara was surprised when Hunter placed a lick to her neck and cheek, and nipped at her shoulder and collar bone. The words traveled through her ears smoothly, Hunter's hot breath sending chills through her body. Dara smiled and chuckled lightly and gently. No, no need to tell me the obvious. Dara wrapped her arm around Hunter's waist and laid kept her close. She placed a single lick to her cheek. But, darling, I want things to go slow. Let's just be friends for now and maybe later...more. I do have affections for you, Hunter, I just want to know you better. The thought of Shadow crossed her mind instantly. She would regret doing anything with Hunter, besides simple displays of affections. She was honest with Hunter, only keeping one thing from this wolf. She wanted her mate to be male. She did want Hunter to be her's as well. But maybe as a friend, with slight benefits. She was conflicted right now and she hoped she didn't show it. Hunter, hopefully, would turn into her best friend, like Shadow did.
Dara's offer was very good and she accepted it with a simple nod. She was probably going to travel and met people before settling in a pack. She hoped Dara wouldn't be disappointed that she wasn't instantly coming to the pack.

The feeling of Dara's arms around Hunter was pleasurable, simple but comforting to the shy wolf. She didn't really flirt and let her confidence show, but Dara seemed just fine with that. She let Dara speak to her. She couldn't, no wouldn't, mistake her voice with any other voice. She had a distinct sound and tone to it. The way she laughed caused a smile to play on Hunter's lips.

She was alright with taking things slow. She didn't want to get hurt like she did the last two times something like this happened. She wiggled father down, so she could lay her head on Dara's shoulder. She nuzzled her muzzle into the warm fur on Dara's neck. She felt the lick on her cheek and she closed her eyes, trying to stifle a yawn. She was very tired from the traveling she had done recently. She felt the breathing of Dara wasn't normal and constant, signalling to Hunter something was bothering this wolf. When something is on the mind of a wolf, their breathing can be erratic. Hunter knew that from all the time her adopted father had held her in his arms, and he was troubled my something. His breathing did the same thing as Dara's.

Is something dear? she asked gently. She didn't look into Dara's eyes, and laid with her's closed. She was trying to feel for slight muscle movements, and breathing, that signaled hesitation.
Hunter's body wiggling in her gripped made Dara smile. Hunter reminded Dara of a young pup, trying to escape the grasp of their mother. She finally settled on Dara's shoulder, allowing Dara to place her head on top of Hunter's, but she didn't. Feeling Hunter nuzzle her neck made her decide to keep her head up and protect Hunter. Dara didn't know what made her suddenly feel the need to protect Hunter, but the instinct was there.

Instead she wrapped her arms tighter around the fragile piece of sanity she had found. She didn't want to lose the only thing that could possibly keep her sane and stable. Dara kept looking around the small campsite...if you could even call it that. The only thing she saw was the black horse watching her. His brown eyes held a curiously strange look, almost like he was assessing Dara. He seemed to be trying to decide if Dara was friend or foe.

Hunter's worried words brought Dara from her absent minded state. She hesitated only slightly before answering Hunter. She hadn't lied to Hunter so far, why start now. Well, I am just worried about somethings. I left my pack border's tonight because I was in a bad mental state. I have slight mind issues after the raid on my former pack. I was brought out of that state by your music but, I'm worried about that happening more often now. I don't want it to happen but it might. I'm very concerned for my own safety, their safety, and now your's.

Dara sighed deeply, and then yawned audibly, not trying to hide her's like Hunter did earlier. Though Hunter didn't hide her's very well at all from Dara. Dara reached into her bag, which she had placed beside her when she sat down, and pulled out some dried meat she had taken from the stables in her pack. She knew she wouldn't be in a mindset to hunt so she took the dried meat as dinner. She offered some of the meat to Hunter, hoping she would take it. Dara would start to worry if Hunter didn't eat.
Hunter felt the hesitation in the way she breathed. She waited for the lie that would follow, but she only heard the hollow truth. She sensed something else behind the hesitation but let it go. A mental issue wasn't bad. But worrying about it all the time was. You don't need to worry. You need to take things as they come, and not try to worry about something that might not even happen. The words sounded wise, much wiser than her words should have been.

The grip Dara had around Hunter made Hunter feel secure, like she had not need to worry about anything life had to throw at her. She remembered they were going to be best friends before anything else, but she just couldn't shake the wanting to be more than just friends first. Dara seemed fearless at this point in time. She seemed to be strong enough to hold the weight of both their world's on her shoulders alone. But no wolf was the strong and fearless, right?

She took the piece of meat Dara handed to her and eat timidly on it. She kept leaning against her shoulder and neck, loving the soft feeling of her fur. Dara, what is it you are afraid of? Hunter asked gently and hesitantly. She didn't want to tread in rough waters. You don't have to answer if you don't want. She added after a second of silence.