Run Amok
[html]

OOC here.

Terra slipped out of the house, holding onto the walls for support. She really, really hated having only two legs right now. Sure, she was taller, but she also had a lot farther to fall, and was very easily sent off balance. Deciding that this was a good chance to practice getting better at moving around in optime Terra set out, making sure that there was no one around first. There was no way she was just going to stay sitting in the house all day. She'd go insane! No, she was going into the hotel, and she was going to see her room. If she could make it up the stairs.

Cautiously she moved out, limping as she searched for places to move without being spotted. Unfortunately, despite the trees being so close, it thinned out in this section, making it very difficult to do so. Even worse, the rough remains of humanity leading to the hotel made it even tougher, a dirt path running through where plants were yet to reclaim. Doing her best Terra moved along the edges of the pine trees, thankful for their habit of forming a drooping fort with the lower branches. She could fit under there on two legs, and even if there was a fair distance between one and the next, while she was underneath she was hidden.

It was slow work, a kind of path slowly revealing itself to Terra. She was growing more disguised, finding ways to move out of sight. It wasn't perfect, would take time for her to work out the troublesome patches, but it was better than nothing. Her leg had a dull ache inside it as she finally reached the wall of the hotel. Leaning against it Terra sighed. It was such a pest, doing this. Still, she wasn't going to stop. Limping up to the front Terra entered in to face her worst opponent so far: the stairs.

She moved across to it, and looked down warily. It didn't seem too difficult. Clutching the rail she pulled herself up. It was working! It hurt like crazy, her leg not wanting to bend and let her climb, but she was slowly moving up. She would finally be able to return to her room. Hopefully none of her things had been touched.

<style type="text/css">
.terraleap b {font-weight:bold; color:#fffe61; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #1a1f0a; }
.terraleap p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.terraleap {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#c9c84c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/wGvcK.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1a1f0a; padding: 190px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1a1f0a; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.terraleap .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%}
.terraleap p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.terraleap p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style> [/html]
He had come back to see her like he said he would. Except this time he came on horse back and in new robes he made a few days ago. He also brought some spiced meat and a flute for Terra. He stopped at the boarders again and howled for Terra. He wondered if Terra's leg was better and if she could shift. He really wanted to see more of who she really was and how she really was.

Russell was restless and Aylu wanted to let him go and eat but didn't know if he would bolt because he was by a pack he didn't know. He hoped Terra was better. Last time they had been together had been wonderful and he loved having her close. He had been premature in asking her to be his mate and he had a lot to prove to her. He just wished their packs weren't so distanced. He wanted her to see his world, what he did and who he really was. Would she liked what she saw? He paced as he waited. He wanted her to like him like he liked her.
[html]

OOC here.

A howl came summoning her at the worst time possible. She was halfway up the stairs, feeling like her leg was on fire, able to go neither up or down. All she could do was stand there, hoping that someone would rescue her. Instead Aylu had turned up, and she couldn't go out to see him. No, instead her stubbornness had gotten her into quite the mess, one she was sure she wouldn't be getting out of any time soon.

Lifting her head she howled for Aylu, asking him to come as quickly as possible. She needed his help, right that instant. Holding onto the railing Terra looked around, wishing that she could sit down and rest her leg, instead of being forced to keep standing, blades stabbing through her. Her arms shook slightly, body stressed from what she was doing. When her leg healed she wasn't going to shift into optime form for a month! That was it!

<style type="text/css">
.terraleap b {font-weight:bold; color:#fffe61; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #1a1f0a; }
.terraleap {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#c9c84c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/wGvcK.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1a1f0a; padding: 190px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1a1f0a; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.terraleap .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%}
</style> [/html]
Occ: PP of Aylu picking Terra up. Hope you don't mind

Aylu had heard her howl and had Russell off galloping towards where her howl died off. He was there in a matter of minutes, dismounting and running to the house that held Terra's scent. He bound up the steps and was in the house in a matter of moments, He could see her on the steps in optime form. She looked ready to collapse and he quickly went up the stairs and picked her up and into his arms. "Are you alright? I came as quickly as I could. I hope I don't get in trouble for crossing the boarders but I couldn't let anything happen to you," he said softly, nuzzling her neck.

She must be in pain. Good thing I brought some herbs with me. She might need some pain killers for her leg he thought as he inspected her. "Where were you trying to go anyways? Can I help you get there?" he asked licking her cheek softly. He wanted to set her down and check her leg. She really shouldn't have put any stress on it. It was still somewhat swollen from the looks of it and most likely irritated from her constant wandering. Maybe he should stay and watch her this time. He had duties to his pack but he felt he also had duties to her. Her health and happiness meant a lot to him.
[html]

OOC here.

Aylu's scent reached her before the male burst into the hotel. Glancing down she smiled weakly. Hey. Nice to see you. She would have said more, but even that short greeting took a lot of her concentration off. He bounded up the stairs, looking panicked. His arms touched her, and Terra stopped struggling. Her body relaxed, finally giving in. The throbbing was still running through, but at least she wasn't standing anymore, safe and secure in his arms. Breathing deeply Terra buried her face into his fur. That was definitely one of her worse ideas.

Her arms held around his neck weakly. Gently she met his eyes, smiling. I'm fine now that you're here. Who knew how long she would have been stuck if he hadn't come so quickly. Her neck was nuzzled softly, but she was unable to really respond, worn out from the simple effort of not falling down the stairs. My room. I wanted to see it. It's been so long since I was there. Her voice was tinged with longing, wishing she could see her mattress and closet of stolen goods, safe and sound.

<style type="text/css">
</style> [/html]
She was exhausted. He could feel it when she wrapped her arms around his neck. "What room is it? I'll take you there," he whispered as he walked up the rest of the stairs to the second floor landing. He really needed to check her leg and remembered how he had jumped off Russell and hoped that the horse had stayed put. "I wasn't expecting to see you in optime for a while. You could have seriously hurt yourself trying to go up those stairs. Your lucky I was close and came on horse back or you would have fallen and I don't know how I would feel having to wait longer to see your world better," he said softly.

He held her close, not wanting anything to happen to her. "I don't want anything to happen to you Terra. I am staying the rest of the time you have until you have healed completely. I will not ask you to go back to D'Arte with me but I will be making a few trips to get some of my things. If you want me to stay..." he whispered softly
[html]

OOC here.

Aylu's words were quiet, soothing for Terra to listen to. The coyote managed a small smile, happy that she could still see her room. Softly she indicated towards a door a short way into the hall. It was ajar, as she usually lived on four legs, and couldn't be bothered with shifting into optime every single time she went in and out of it. Her green eyes remained glued to his, using them to keep herself awake and focused on what was happening.

She grinned foolishly at his words. Got tired of waiting. Her gaze dropped at the light scolding, aware that it had been silly, but not really caring for being told what she already knew. Her ears did prick at the mention that he'd come on a horse. She liked horses. They tasted good. Held closer Terra licked at his muzzle softly. He would stay this time? That would be nice. You promise you'll stay? Won't wander off? She missed that it was to keep her out of trouble.

<style type="text/css">
</style> [/html]
Aylu walked the short way to Terra's room and used his back to open the door. He didn't really look around except to spot a mattress to put Terra on. Aylu thought about her question. Was he willing to stay with Terra? In his heart he knew he would. "I will stay with you," he said with a smile. He licked her cheek softly before sitting down next to her. "Let me look at your leg. I have herbs that will help with the swelling and the pain. I just have to go get my things off my horse and everything will be ok," he said softly touching her cheek. "I'll be right back ok?" he said getting up and leaving the room before she could answer

He ran down stairs and found that Russell hadn't ran off. He grabbed his things off the horses back and tied him to a post close by. He then rushed back upstairs and to her side. "Sorry. I had to get a few things," he said putting down his staff and bag of spiced meat and herbs for tea and stews. He had brought wooden cups and a pot too.
[html]

OOC here.

The door was pushed open, and they were there. Just as she had left it, if a bit dustier. There was her mattress, the large hole dug out in the center for her to curl into. A window sat behind it, a thing stream of light pouring in. The rest of the room was empty, a small closet pressed into the wall left of the door. In there was all her goods, the shinies and pieces of fabric that she occasionally wore, along with a single dagger, the other one in the Catori house from her playing with it. A couple props for the magic tricks were there as well, though she'd flat out refused to keep the pig deity in there with her.

Deposited on the mattress Terra stretched out slightly, tail wagging brightly from being back where she belonged, her own room. A safe haven when Terra couldn't take any more of the chaos that she thrived on outside of it. The gentle words brought Terra to look up at him again, smiling. So he would stay. She shifted so her leg was on the bed as well, able to be seen. Herbs. Those sounded nice, whatever they were. No one had bothered explaining that was what the bad tasting plants were, told they were medicine, not herbs.

Aylu left her alone, swiftly moving down. She stared at the door for a moment before moving, crawling into the hole. Her eyes shut, resting gently in the mattress. The smell was so faint, but still there. It was her, marking her home. Terra laid there, starting to drift off when a voice brought her back. Jerking upright Terra bared her teeth, not all there yet. Recognizing Aylu she relaxed. Terra watched the items be set down, looking at the cups and pot that he had. What was he gonna do?

<style type="text/css">
</style> [/html]
Aylu knew she had been tired. She needed to sleep and heal. He wasn't prepared for her growl but he had snuck up on her and he was prepared for her growling. She had stretched out for him to look at her leg and he set to work, quickly making a paste from a few herbs to reduce the swelling. He would have to rub it in some but it would hurt. She had strained it and caused further swelling. "I need you to tell me where it hurts the most so I can put this to better use," he said softly.

She seem curious about the pot and cups and he picked up the cup. "I was going to make tea for us to drink. A tea for you to help you sleep better and a tea for me because I just like tea," he said with a soft laugh. Aylu touched her leg gently, starting at her knee then working his way up. "Tell me when it hurts," he said pressing softly
[html]

OOC here.

Aylu seemed taken back by her growl, though he quickly recovered. Terra was more used to living with others now, having stayed with the Catori household, never knowing when someone would come through doing whatever. She still wasn't entirely adapted to the changes though, and his scent wasn't the one that she was used to from others coming around. She watched him take a bunch of plants, grinding them up and smashing them into a thick pile of mush. Why that had been done was rather confusing.

Asked where it hurt the worst Terra placed her hand on her inner thigh. That was where the ache was the sharpest, where the jaws had snapped and closed, breaking through. The majority of her thigh was where it hurt, the source of the broken bone, though her knee and lower leg hurt as well from the strain she'd put on it. Along here. Terra's tail wagged at the mention of something to drink, even if it was tea. Sounds good! Hopefully it would taste nice.

<style type="text/css">
</style> [/html]
Aylu watched as she showed him where it hurt. Her inner thigh was the worse, inflamed and swollen. He looked up at her face, catching her eyes. "I am going to rub this into the swollen parts of your leg. It will hurt for a little bit but I promise the pain will leave faster then it came. I will then give you some tea I made before I came here that will further help with the pain and help you sleep better. You seem exhausted. I have brought you some meat to eat too but I was going to make you a stew with it. But beings that I am staying for a while I might have to go hunting while you rest," he said as he pulled his water skin out from under his robes. It would be cold tea and she would have to wait to drink it because of the herbs he was going to but in it but he knew she would like it.

He licked her cheek and put the paste down and poured some water for her tea and his. He had little bags for the dried herbs just for tea and he put the ones he knew Terra would need and some of the sweeter herbs so it wouldn't be so bitter and soaked them before making his own. while that seeped he would rub the paste into Terra's leg to relieve her pain. "I am going to rub this in now. Is that ok?" he asked
[html]

OOC here.

Terra listened as he spoke, flinching slightly at the idea. Touching the swollen part, even if for a moment, would be painful. He did say that the pain would go away afterwards though, making her tail wag mildly. She needed the pain to go away. If he could do that with that pile of mush he'd mad she was all for it. The tea would make her sleep? Instant suspicion shot through Terra, remembering the last time that had happened. She still got woozy thinking about it.

Make me sleepy? Is that going to do weird things again? Terra eyed the tea stuff warily. It didn't look like the clear stuff Caspa had given her, but she was still suspicious of it, wondering if it really would be okay to take it. Terra didn't have a clue what stew was, but her tail wagged eagerly at the offer of fresh meat. She loved that, day and night and any time she could get it. A small skin was pulled out as Aylu bent over, licking her cheek softly. She licked him back, tail wagging at the hopeful offer.

Water poured through into the cups, small bags inserted inside. She stared, fascinated by the slowly changing colors. Terra flinched slightly as he touched her thigh, slowly working through to sooth the pain. It really did seem to be helping, if more slowly than she had thought, cooling the flames and replacing it with a relaxed feeling. Mm.

<style type="text/css">
</style> [/html]
Aylu smiled at her comment. "If you are worried it will make you bonkers it wont. It will ease your pain and help your body heal. It just happens to help people sleep too. Don't worry I wouldn't give you something that would make you loopy," he said as he gently rubbed the paste into her fur. He watched her reaction and knew right when the pain gave into soothing relieve. Her soft hm was enough to get his tail going in a soft circle.

"Would you like me to hunt later after you have rested some or would you like me to make some stew? he asked softly as he finished working the paste into her leg. He had made enough to cover her whole leg and was happy it didn't smell much. He would have to wash it off later but he wanted her to be comfortable
[html]

OOC here.

Aylu simply smiled at her words, making Terra feel rather foolish. Perhaps it was normal for that to happen. Maybe all luperci had weird experiences after taking medicine. Aylu's words relaxed her somewhat, though she was still suspicious about what could possibly be in there. The rubbing continued, spreading over her leg. It faded down to a dull ache, a cool feeling coating over everything else. Her leg felt so much better now.

Tilting her head Terra considered the choice before her. She had no idea what stew was, but hunting sounded pretty good. Which one did she want? Looking up she decided that she didn't want to wait, and Aylu having to leave to do that didn't sound good either. Stew. Stew sounds good. She was curious about what this mystery meal was, looking for Aylu to draw out some new kind of meat she hadn't tried before.

<style type="text/css">
</style> [/html]
Aylu smiled and licked her cheek. "Stew it is. I have been keeping it warm under my robes," he said pulling out a small sac with a really wide opening for the small bits of meat could be pored out. He put the last two remaining bowls down and pored Terra some of his fresh stew, hoping she liked it. It was a simple herb stew with a little salt and strong herbs he had dried before he came to souls. It had a nice broth and he handed her a cup.

"I hope you like it. Its not like fresh meat but it still tastes good. I have also brought some spiced meat that I dried before I came. I know its not much but I can always go hunt later," he said sitting back and picking up his own cup of stew and drinking some of the broth. He wondered what she thought about him. Was he good enough? He wanted to make her happy.
[html]

OOC here.

Terra leaned back as her cheek was licked, smiling up at him. What was the stew anyways? She laughed as he pulled more out of his robes. They seemed to be as good as her cloak, containing everything she could possibly need and want for inside them. True, her cloak had been specially designed with her in mind, carrying so many pockets and hidden areas that only three canines even knew the ins and outs of it, Terra, Caspa, and Strel, the one that had made it. Terra was fighting the urge to stick her head inside his robes and explore around them, seeing if it was the same.

The cups were placed down, the stew made with very little effort. It was more watery than she had imagined. Terra studied it with curiosity, holding the cup that had been passed to her. It smelled good, but Terra still wasn't sure what to expect. Her ears pricked at the mention of spiced meat, grinning over at him. Sounds good! Greedily she lifted the cup, gulping at the stew inside. Her eyes widened with surprise, tasting the different things inside. That was good! Her tongue flicked out, drawing the meat to her. Very good. Not fresh, but good.

<style type="text/css">
</style> [/html]