Fire and Ice
[html]

OOC ladies and gentlemen, the thread you've been waiting for! Amy and Lea meet!

Word Count → 000

Her slaves were chained behind the wagon, walking obediently. Well, semi obediently. Occasionally they jostled each other, leading to Raoth carrying a few new wounds from Amy's wrath. He was getting better, would only take another month before he broke, but for now she still had to deal with his struggles to escape, as weak and pathetic as they were. Being out on the trade route again filled her with life, eager for the feel of power when bargaining with others, knowing that she held what they wanted, able to wring whatever price she wanted from them.

She was heading to a pack that she felt was fairly decent for such exchanges. The weaklings that greeted her were always so foolish, easy to wring from. The pack held a more powerful air though, being rather secretive in nature. Part of her was curious about what they hid, thinking about how she could wrangle the information from them. Perhaps she could cash in a favor, send someone into the pack and return with the information. Perhaps. For now she fiddled with a throwing knife, practicing throwing it ahead and retrieving it as they went past.

<style type="text/css">
.amyhour b {font-weight:bold; color:#fc8cff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#31224b 0px 0px 1px;}
.amyhour p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.amyhour {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#ac69fc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CeqhO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #30383c; padding: 290px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#31224b; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.amyhour .wordcount {color:#fc8cff; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #31224b; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#31224b 0px 0px 1px;}
.amyhour .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.amyhour p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.amyhour p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 510 :: She's slightly behind the wagon, for reference. I'm excited!

The dark woman was feeling rather pointless. She'd come to this land for a distinguished purpose, and yet she'd made no headway (although, in her defense, she'd been there for a mere day - and it took much longer to build Rome). She had found no traces of Shandom yet, though she was positive he was here. The information she had received was from a trusted source, and it had been gathered under the prick of her abnormally sharpened claws - he would not have lied. But Linquilea was unsure of exactly where he would be, and so she would have to go through the rather arduous process of journeying pack to pack, killing where necessary, to find the man she hated more than anything.

Linquilea was ready for him to be dead.

She knew Halaki, Zeneca, and Twensu could not be far behind her: when they left Itzik, it had been made clear that they were to find her as soon as possible. The trio would have likely enjoyed their first taste of power, growing fat and arrogant under its toxic liquor. There were few who could truly handle power and appreciate the nuances and poisons it held and use these all to their advantage: Linquilea prided herself on being one of them. Shandom had not been - he was not to be trusted with power, though his ancestry said otherwise. He was a disgusting example of what happened when a wolf's head grew too big, when jealousy became all encompassing and the primary driving force: for this, he would be punished.

The pair walked with purpose, Lea upon two legs and Niccolo upon four. It was common to see this juxtaposition: Niccolo preferred to fight on four legs, and Linquilea afforded him this small luxury. She, too, preferred that method of combat, but for now she would remain bipedal. It seemed to be the form of choice in these lands, and she would acclimate herself thoroughly.

Eventually they came upon a small blot in the distance and the pair quickened their pace until they realized it was a travelling caravan of sorts. Linquilea had experienced few of these, as she was first and foremost a wolf of the most feral form, and moved towards it with curiosity. Niccolo was instructed to hang back as the dark wolfess moved forward, golden eyes narrowed in curiosity and brief disgust. The blonde wolf who led the group was throwing knives, and Linquilea shook her head slightly. What was with the wolves in this area? Had they utterly abandoned their true selves? She could not understand. Combat with tooth and claw was infinitely more refreshing than with the blade, and more effective if trained appropriately. Regardless, Linquilea could not help but begrudgingly appreciate the skill with which the woman threw her knives.

She woofed to announce her presence, loud enough to hopefully gain the attention of the blonde woman. It was not in Lea's nature to speak first, preferring instead to greet others as she had done her entire life before Adrien.

Lea bust is by Libri; the table code from the mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.lealibri-box {float:right;}
.lealibri {font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.lealibri .words {font-size:50px; font-family: 'Bad Script'; line-height:20px; padding:15px;}
.lealibri p.ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.lealibri p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.lealibri .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.lealibri p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.lealibri b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

Word Count → 000

A soft woof brought Amy's attention. She halted the wagon, grabbing the throwing knife to spin it in her hand. Stepping around Amy effortlessly dodged Raoth's latest attempt on her life. Taking the knife she struck it through his palm, sticking him to the wagon. Assured that he wouldn't be moving, occupied with the fact that she'd stabbed him and that he didn't know how to remove it without ruining his hand, Amy continued on towards the stranger.

The wolf before her appeared to be quite strong. The pose was dominant, asking for respect. Amy did respect her, though her pose was every bit as dominant, refusing to do anything that would lower herself before another. Can I help you? Her eyes studied the wolf. There was no weakness in this pose, no openings that Amy could take a hold of to kill her with ease. This one had training. Careful not to do anything that could express a threat Amy did the same, closing off potential openings if a fight came.

<style type="text/css">
.amyhour b {font-weight:bold; color:#fc8cff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#31224b 0px 0px 1px;}
.amyhour {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#ac69fc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CeqhO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #30383c; padding: 290px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#31224b; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.amyhour .wordcount {color:#fc8cff; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #31224b; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#31224b 0px 0px 1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 271 :: xx

She successfully caught the attention of the blonde girl who led the caravan, as marked by her stop. It was rather fascinating to watch the coyote with her attempt to kill when she walked by, but the stranger stabbed him through the hand with practiced ease. Linquilea did not react, merely shifting her gaze to the trapped male for a moment before allowing it to slide away: he was of no interest to her, as she assumed he was a servant much like her Niccolo. Not, of course, quite like him - Niccolo would never have the audacity to behave in such a manner. He was too well bred for that, too well taken care of - Linquilea had assured his safety through her cruelty, a strange juxtaposition in the grand scheme of things.

The female did not submit immediately, instead choosing to analyze Linquilea. She was not surprised or taken aback: it was a frequent occurrence for the woman, as she knew she was a bit of an abnormality. The height difference between the two was remarkable, though the black woman did not underestimate the other's skills. Still, she was not intimidated, nor had she been since leaving Adrien. It was a product of arrogance and talent, of knowing with utmost certainty that she was supreme and above the rest. "No, I don't believe you can," Lea stated simply, her gravelly voice free of inflection or emotion. "I have no interest in trading - I assume you are a trader?" Her voice tilted up at the end, indicating her question, but golden eyes did not stray from this blonde woman.

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.lealibri {font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.lealibri .words {font-size:50px; font-family: 'Bad Script'; line-height:20px; padding:15px;}
.lealibri p.ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.lealibri b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

Word Count → 000

The voice that came out was as unusual as it's owner. There was no emotion, the voice practically masculine in nature. It was a good thing she was an expert at hiding what she felt. To be told she couldn't help the other, correct assumption on whether she was a trader or not, just made Amy angry. Cold as she had been at the start Amy met the other's gold eyes. Yes I am. So if you don't care for what I have to offer, why would you stop me?

Amy was fully prepared to turn around and resume traveling, the wolf passing from her mind as nothing but a waste of her time. If this wasn't going to benefit her there was no way that she was going to be doing anything more with this wolf. She had better things to do, a trade destination to reach, goods to sell. The only thing of possible interest was whether or not this female would try to kill her. She wasn't arrogant enough to think there would be any emotion attached to it, though she was arrogant enough to believe she could win in such a confrontation.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 283 :: xx

Despite the arrogance and disrespect that colored the other's tone, the blonde creature did answer Lea's question. A trader, then. Fascinating. Lea narrowed her eyes in annoyance, and suppressed and irritated growl. But the fact remained that this woman could present herself as useful: a trader would know the packs in the area, and the packs certainly housed Shandom. Though, if she were being honest, the black murderer doubted he ever would have directly encountered the trade caravan, and even if he had, it was impossible that he would have utilized any of the goods within. Shandom was a traditionalist to the core - Gyek's influence had been powerful on her once brother, and though he'd always danced between love and hatred of her father, Shandom was infinitely more like him than Farax. Not that either of the two had known the Qi'Vaex Alpha, but from the stories he'd sounded significantly more benevolent than Lea's father.

"We are being blunt, then, and forgoing respect," Linquilea remarked, tilting her head towards the trader. "I stopped you out of curiosity. I am new to the area, and seeking to acquaint myself further. Perhaps I assumed too much, but typically traders tend to know their domain. In addition, where I am from it is most disrespectful to pass another without a common greeting." Her words were carefully laced with subtle flattery, though it was not actually sincere: Linquilea did not care for this woman's success, but could see her usefulness to the overall plan. Still, it was utterly disguised behind her words - the former Alphess was a mistress of flattery. But the ebony woman's patience was thin by nature, and continued disrespect from the dog would ultimately trigger her well-documented wrath. She would not hesitate to destroy the girl if it was deemed necessary.

<style>
</style>

[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

Word Count → 000

The eyes narrowed slightly, and Amy knew that the fact she refused to submit, the fact that she wanted nothing to do with someone that had no benefit for her irritated this black wolf. Amy didn't care. The wolf had no worth to her, with as much worth as those that she passed without thought. The head was tilted, Amy listening to the words without expression. Being stopped out of curiosity didn't interest Amy at all. In fact, it rather made her want to carve into the wolf's stomach and see what was inside, 'out of curiosity'.

It dropped away the instant the wolf revealed her interest in the outlay of the area. Amy had a map of the layout and the packs. She knew the area well, could give her exactly what she wanted. A grin formed, ignoring the last part. She had no reason to interact with a stranger that had nothing with her. I might hold the information you seek. What would you give me for it? She waited, her eyes softened as she relaxed, respectful of the potential customer.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 400 :: xx

Of course this woman knew the area. It was only to be expected, and the blonde dog visibly relaxed at the prospect of gaining something for herself. Traders were, in Linquilea's exalted opinion, nothing more than roaches - so utterly consumed in their commercialized greed that they could not cease to appreciate some of the finer things - blood, perhaps. This girl was naive and stupid like the rest, though she appeared to hide it better. That alone was a relief - the inky woman preferred not to deal with outright idiots, preferring to conduct the annoyingly necessary conversations with those who could hide their stupidity for more than five seconds. Luckily, this blonde thing had adopted a more respectful and deferential tone, and Linquilea suppressed her smirk. Really, traders were rats. She could not stand them.

But in the interest of time she had to deal with this one, as she was rather unwilling to journey across this entire place searching for one wolf. It seemed to be a rather well populated area, and such a task would take her far too much time and present itself as entirely arduous - and, perhaps, useless, if there was nobody willing to turn in her alabaster brother. "It depends on the quality of your information, if I am being frank. I possess several items of assorted values," Linquilea explained, answering the stranger's question. "Assuming you have the information I desire, I am sure we can work out some sort of an accord. Turning, she beckoned the small figure of Niccolo forward, and the dark man began walking to her side at a rather rapid pace. "My son carries my belongings," she clarified.

She thought for a moment, considering what she had in the bag that was slung across Niccolo's back. Several books she'd already read, a knife she would prefer to keep to herself, and, of course, her prized collection of tails. Linquilea doubted the woman would have any interest in decapitated wolves' tails, and she would not sacrifice her knife; the books, however, might pose some interest. What she sought was not particularly difficult, and the books were certainly rare enough. She was no longer interested in them, and perhaps others would gain better use than she. Plus, they weighed the travelling pair down. Unnecessary weight on this mission would cause undue exhaustion, and Linquilea needed her child-servant at his prime.

<style>
</style>

[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

Word Count → 000

It seemed this woman had traded before. Amy knew that her information was top quality, as she refused to accept less. What she had to share would be satisfying for this female. Amy watched a slave be beckoned forward, unsurprised at the information that it was her son. After all, relatives could make the best of slaves, so loyal and devout. The ones that would never betray, no matter what happened. She nodded her head and moved back to the wagon. She wished she didn't have to chain Raoth up. It was a pain, having to do the footwork herself until he was fully trained.

Amy pulled out the wooden carved map, checking it's quality. A new pack had formed since then, something she quickly added roughly with her claws. The shape was correct, if not as beautiful as the rest of the map was. Satisfied she returned, holding it out for the other's inspection, though her grip remained firm. She wouldn't be robbed. I also know the details on each of the packs if you so require it. Your goods?

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 344 :: xx

Lea narrowed her eyes as she watched the blonde woman retrieve a wooden map, inspecting it for a moment before taking her claw to carve briefly. So it wasn't fully updated, or perhaps there was something she'd forgotten? Interesting. The information, hopefully, would be enough, though the murderer's confidence was waning with the sudden addition. Regardless, this was a useful situation that begged to be exploited for all it was worth, and Linquilea would not make a harsh move unless the woman proved herself incapable.

It was extended to her examination, though remained in the pale one's firm grasp. Linquilea bent her head slightly to get a closer look, and she was irritated to see that there were so many packs. She'd known it was populated, but not this much: finding Shandom was bound to be an outright nightmare. Overthrowing leadership in a vulnerable area might be her best course of action, but it was a tedious process that involved spies and subtle killing, something she did not enjoy. Linquilea was well known to prefer outright brutality and cruelty, especially in this case. Her focus was singular.

"Niccolo, retrieve my books," she called to the male who'd thus far remained a respectful distance away. "The french text, if you'd please, as well as the pretty one." She heard him rustling through the bag before stepping forward with the two tomes grasped in his hands, eyes averted from both women. "Mother," he murmured, voice strangely soft for such a large creature. It sounded hoarse from lack of use. Linquilea nodded her ascent before taking them from him and flicking through the well maintained pages. They were in as good a condition as could be expected, though the french text was slightly more worn down than its lovely leather bound companion. "One is a text with instruction on speaking, reading, and writing the French language," Linquilea explained, indicating the larger, red covered book. "The other is a storybook from human times, I'd assume. It's called The Secret Garden, and it's in excellent condition, as you'll see."

<style>
</style>

[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

Word Count → 000

Told that books would be the trade dropped what Amy was willing to give out on information. A more simple description would be used instead, since it was hard to trade books off, no matter what kind. They were greatly valuable, but that didn't mean much. The books were handed to her to examine. The care for them was really quite extraordinary. Despite this female's appearance her activities must be extremely orderly, taken with great care to accomplish her wishes.

She nodded her head at the explanation, allowing the slave to take the map and place it in with the other things. The pack on the far end, Salsola, keeps slave. The one after is for feral wolves. Lives on four legs. Her face was a sneer as she spoke, disgusted by the idea. Inferni, bunch of coyotes. Anathema, a strong pack. Ichika, weak. Easy to crush. Aniwaya, a very strange pack. They have connections with the other side. A court pack, good for horses. The only other pack worth mentioning is Casa, a pack of warriors. Feeling satisfied with the trade Amy accepted the books and began moving back towards her wagon.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 273 :: xx

Niccolo accepted the map while Linquilea listened with rapt attention to the trader begin describing the packs. She listened to all of them, but she specifically categorized the pack described as Ichika and the one to the north of the slave pack Salsola. Feral wolves - it was exactly what she was looking for, and a wide, slightly manic grin spread across her dark face. "Perfect", the woman murmured, and though she wished for more information on the northern pack she did not wish to give the trader any more power. Regardless, the woman had served her purpose, and Linquilea appreciated the information she now had. A map had been more than she'd expected, and though she was not familiar with the items she would be tasked to learn how to utilize it. Finding that feral pack would be her first priority.

"You have done well," the dark woman stated. As she began to turn away, Linquilea realized with a slight start that she had not discovered the blonde dog's name. "Your name, merchant?" her gravelly tones inquired, golden eyes trained again on the smaller girl. "If I am in need of your services again, it would be best if I knew what to call you." Already, ideas were forming in the dark mind regarding what uses this girl could have; if she were as knowledgeable as she appeared, it could serve them both well, in the end. Linquilea had come with dominion in her mind. Though the death of Shandom, of course, took first priority, the Alphess was just that - an Alphess, powerful and cruel, and she would rule some day.

<style>
</style>

[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

Word Count → 000

Amy bristled at the words addressed. Done well? That was the words one spoke to a subordinate that was approved of. Not the words spoken to an equal. Eyes flashing she spun around, ready to chew this stranger out. Asked for her name Amy had a good mind to lie about it, just to keep this trash from ever finding her again. Trade was trade though. Miss Sunders. Don't treat me like a subordinate. I don't belong to you. I will never submit to you.

She stared at the other for a moment longer, making sure the words had penetrated before turning again, marching back to the wagon. Raoth let out a whimper, asking for the blade to be removed the best he could without a tongue. She snarled, slashing her claws across his face. Blood dripped down him, and he glared at the female on the hill, knowing she was the reason why Amy was so mad. She should be the one paying, not him.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 202 :: xx

Linquilea sneered as the woman grew angry, snapping only her last name in the direction of the larger female. "The arrogance of the creatures in this area is astounding, girl," she spat. Gone was the cool disdain she'd so readily held; this girl had no idea of her place in the world, and Lea was more than willing to inform her exactly where she belonged. "I seem to be saying this a lot, but it is a pity that none of you know how to conduct yourselves. I asked merely for your name, and you respond with insolence and arrogance." Lea shook her massive skull before watching a temper tantrum unfold. "I should kill you where you stand."

Rolling her golden eyes, Linquilea turned to Niccolo. "We are finished here," she stated. "Come." The chocolate boy nodded, turning to follow the large black woman. But he could not help but look back at the angry chained coyote and pity the creature for his punishment. While it was better than a fight between the two women, it was certainly unfair, and Niccolo knew all about the world being unfair. His look was filled with pity, and he grimaced slightly. What unfairness followed these two boys.

<style>
</style>

[/html]