party all night
[html]

16th April 2012 . 10.30pm . Camp Stormbringer . Optime Form
M'kay, so lets get this show on the road! This is a joint birthday celebration for Saul, Lilin, Niernan and Bran, as none of them got to celebrate on their actual birthdays and all of them turn two within a month of each other. I thought it might be easier to start this thread around halfway through the night- so they've already started drinking and whatever and are somewhat tipsy, sat around the firepit in the middle of the huts! Hopefully my post will make things clearer! No posting order, and yes Shae, Ezra is most definitely invited!

Darkness had descended on the camp not long ago- the changing of the seasons had bought lighter evenings and mornings, which had messed Saul up for the first few days of rising well before he'd replenished his energy. He was adjusting however, and was beginning to enjoy the brighter seasons. Still, spring in Nova Scotia was not always a pleasant affair and the rough ocean could be heard, even from their camp which was safely a mile or so away from the shoreline. It was a peaceful and happy night, one which he was determined not to ruin. It had been Bran's suggestion- a party to celebrate the coming together of family, as well as to celebrate all three birthdays that had been missed. It had shocked Saul to realise that the four of them had been born within a month of each other- Bran and Niernan coming first right at the end of February, followed by Saul in the middle of March and finally Lilin, at the end of March. He'd agreed immediately and had made sure that each resident knew what was happening later that day. Saul had been out to hunt, pleased to return with a small doe in jaw. They'd feasted on the animal whilst it was still warm- the young male was slowly beginning to change his attitude about his own attitude to the Luperci gene and a need to reconnect with the wild had stayed his hand at skinning and cooking the meat. They were wolves, and they could certainly act like it for the moment.

Of course, the party planned out later that evening would require a short amount of civilisation and Saul had, a little reluctantly, shifted up onto two legs, hastily pulling on some shorts. Dusk was beginning to settle over the lands as he'd enlisted Bran's help to drag over four large logs around the fire that Saul had managed to keep alive since they'd arrived here, nearly three weeks before. The task wasn't much and Saul had been more than pleased with the result. The pups had wanted to come out and stay up with them, but Saul had firmly told them that they could stay up until darkness settled, and then they would be off to bed. It wasn't fair to banish them away- they had a right to celebrate too, but Saul knew that the alcohol Lilin had bought with them was probably going to get tapped in to tonight and he didn't think either of the boys were ready for that. The night had progressed at an easy and steady pace- stories of the Stormbringer pack in the Valley came easy and fast from the brothers and Saul had lapped up any and all information from them about his origins. He wasn't sure Lilin was so enthusiastic, but she was looking fairly disdainful of the alcohol anyway. He understood her point of veiw, but at the same time, he was a little more open minded about things.

Darkness had fallen properly and the boys had grumbled and groaned, but conceded to Saul's hut together. Their friendship didn't seemed to have suffered and Saul was glad. He knew they would probably stay up for a little while longer, but soon enough they would succumb to sleep. It was about that time that Bran had brought out a guitar, strumming eagerly and creating something more of a party spirit. The first sip of the vodka burned down his throat, but he refused to cough and ducked his head good naturedly as his eyes watered before he got his reaction under control. He snorted softly, a laughter that had been near constant as the night had worn on. The bottle was handed to Ezra, whom Saul had been more than happy to introduce to the Stormbringer clan, as he unconsciously named them. His cousins had warmed to him straight away, but Saul never really had to worry about those two. A raspy tune was slowly coming forth from the mans chocolate hands racing over the strings and Saul allowed a soft hum to begin at the back of his throat.

"Where'd you learn to play the guitar Bran?" He asked, green eyes fixed on the body of his cousin, bent passionately over the instrument in his hands. It was clear he enjoyed playing, and Saul wished that he'd been able to learn something like that. He supposed there was still time. He looked up to see the bottle being passed to him again and he took another small sip, rubbing his tongue along the roof of his mouth as a small cough escaped him. Nothing too serious he was pleased to see, but a reaction non the less. With a smile, he glanced around the circle, green eyes clashing with blue as he looked at Lilin sitting across from him.

word count → 808 ;; image © Fir0002/Flagstaffotos ;; table by lin
<style>
.saul-owlooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.saul-owlcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.saul-owl p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-owl b {color:#D1C2B9; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #5C4633; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.saul-owl {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5C4633; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.saul-owlinner{background-color:#9D7C5E; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... aulbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Apparantly writers block is gone! Although I'm thinking most of this is the song.... Sorry for long song, couldn't really find a more appropriate one that was shorter. / 1,210!

Fire crackled merrily in the clearing that was now surrounded by huts, since arriving Niernan couldn't remember the fire ever being out. If he had a hat he'd tip it to Saul, it wasn't easy to keep a fire going for that long but the man had managed it. Nier stared into the dancing flames, losing himself for a moment while he thought back over the events that had passed since he arrived at the lakes. He smiled fondly as he thought of his playtimes with Teme which had been expanded when Sauls friend Ezra had appeared, bringing his son Elias with him. The two young boys were only too happy to have a larger playmate that they could scramble all over and Nier was happy to be a climbing frame.

He thought of building the hut that he shared with Bran and then the decision that he had come to about his building skills, a view that he thought Saul and Bran echoed: He couldn't build. He'd sought out Sauls healing skills more than once for evil splinters that had left his hand paws sore and spotted with blood. He was much better at clearing out the ground that the hut was placed on, scraping out the loose foliage and most of the grass that the hut covered. He'd set up his and his brothers sleeping areas, laying out soft furs that they'd both been lugging since they set out from the Stormbringer valley.

Since arriving he hadn't seen much of his cat, he assumed that Ciaran was off hunting and exploring the new environment but he missed him and was a little worried about him. Saul had told him about his gyrfalcon, and how Eirias had been out of sorts, he wondered if that was what was wrong with Ciaran.

While he was focussing on his worrying he thought over Sauls new attachment to his lupus form. It was evident that the grey wolf man was struggling with many thoughts and feelings, and his lupus issue was one of the more obvious. Nier worried that his cousin was dwelling on his wolfy roots too much, scared that Saul was going to lose himself in returning to his roots. His major fear was that Saul was going to become preachy, or end up like one of those new New Dawn wolves. Yet he also knew that there was nothing he could do to change his cousin, coming to the conclusion that Saul was his own man and he could do what he wanted.

He also thought back over the developing relationships that had now become part of every day life. No longer was it just Bran and himself and he found himself struggling to adapt to the new demands on both his and his brothers time. He would never admit it, but he was slightly jealous of anyone that was spending time with his brother after having him to himself for so long. He had tried to bury this jealousy by interacting with the others in the camp; getting to know Lilin and the newly arrived Ezra. He wasn't sure how well his attempts at friendship had been received with the adults, but he was confident of his reltionship with the pups, knowing that he was playmate and 'responsible adult.'

Yet right now he was unconcerned with the group dynamics. He had foregone the log seats that Saul and Bran had dragged to the fireside and was sat on the grassy floor with his back against a log. He had Bran on his right, his shoulder resting against Brans knee. The vibrations from Brans guitar hummed through him as well, making the sweet, raspy tones of the stringed instrument all the sweeter. It didn't take Niernan long to recognise the tune that Bran had started strumming, the words of the Irish drinking song popping into his head. Unbeknownst to the boys mother their Uncle Emeris had taught them a fair few ditties, ballads and sailors songs when they were pups, saving the more bawdy ditties for when they were a little older.

Niernan tapped his footpaw in time with a guitar, waiting for the right moment, he took a swig of the vodka that was being passed around, registering the sting of the fiery, clear liquid as it hit the back of his throat. He automatically felt more at ease and allowed the words to the song Bran was strumming to issue from his lips. His voice was clear and sweet, nothing like Brans growly tones.

• As I was going over the far famed Kerry mountains
    I met with captain Farrell and his money he was counting.
    I first produced my pistol, and then produced my rapier.
    Said stand and deliver, for I am a bold deceiver,

• musha ring dumma do damma da
    whack for the daddy 'ol
    whack for the daddy 'ol
    there's whiskey in the jar

• I counted out his money, and it made a pretty penny.
    I put it in my pocket and I took it home to Jenny.
    She said and she swore, that she never would deceive me,
    but the devil take the women, for they never can be easy

whack for the daddy 'ol
    whack for the daddy 'ol

• I went into my chamber, all for to take a slumber,
    I dreamt of gold and jewels and for sure it was no wonder.
    But Jenny took my charges and she filled them up with water,
    Then sent for captain Farrel to be ready for the slaughter.

whack for the daddy 'ol
    whack for the daddy 'ol

• It was early in the morning, before I rose to travel,
    The guards were all around me and likewise captain Farrel.
    I first produced my pistol, for she stole away my rapier,
    But I couldn't shoot the water so a prisoner I was taken.

whack for the daddy 'ol
    whack for the daddy 'ol

• Now some men take delight in the drinking and the roving,
    But others take delight in the gambling and the smoking.
    But I take delight in the juice of the barley,
    And courting pretty fair maids in the morning bright and
    early

whack for the daddy 'ol
    whack for the daddy 'ol

• If anyone can aid me, it's my brother in the army,
    If I can find his station down in Cork or in Killarney.
    And if he'll come and save me, we'll go roving near Kilkenny,
    And I swear he'll treat me better than me darling sportling Jenny
  • His Irish accent came out much more as he sang, many of the words twisting beyond their normal sounds to become almost unrecognisable. He encouraged his comrades to join in the chorus, knowing that the mish-mash of words was simple in theory but hard to get your tongue around when it came to actually singing it. He grinned up at Bran as the song came to and end, panting slightly from the lively tune, before looking around the fire to gather the reaction from his friends.

<style type="text/css">
    .naiot2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b79365; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #201404; }
    .naiot2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
    .naiot2 {margin:0 auto; width:520px; background-color:#614934; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TGzCs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cbb69a; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
    .naiot2 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
    .naiot2 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
    </style>
    [/html]
    [html]

[542]
    <33

Bran is by Kiri!

When Saul had first suggested a party to him, Bran had been enthusiastic, to say the very least. Inside, his mind had been focused solely on the effect alcohol had on him. His colours, tastes and shapes were something he relied heavily on, and he often enjoyed the displays that they gave him. But on the other hand, there was a certain lack of control about it that bothered Bran- he had no clue what was going to happen and he couldn't quite trust some times. When they had turned a year old, Uncle Emeris, who seemed to be the purpotrator in most of their coming of age shenanigans, had slipped the boys a bottle of alcohol. His first taste of the alcohol had burned him, but it had taken only a few more sips for him to recognise that his shapes, colours and tastes were dulling. He'd been scared at first, but the freedom of not tasting another's words, of not hearing sights had been wonderfully blissful. And so his excitement had been unbounded when Saul had first suggested the party, knowing that he would be able to escape for the evening without having to taste his cousins words, or hear the bell-chime sound that usually happened whenever Lilin gave Saul a look.

They'd started off relatively sane, and Bran had got to know his grey furred cousin a little better, as well as talking to the black and white male known as Ezra, who gave a sharp tangy taste at the back of his mouth when he spoke. The vodka had hit him quickly, most likely on the account that the brothers hadn't come into contact with alcohol for a long while. After the fifth or sixth shot, he'd excused himself and retreated for a moment in the hut that he'd helped Saul build to retrieve his guitar. Tuning it had been easy, before he'd brought it out, playing gentle melodies for a while. It was all very well and good, but their party didn't know each other exceptionally well and the lapses in silence were something that Bran didn't like.

His fingers danced in a familiar pattern, one that Niernan recognised immediately. A crooked grin was sent down to his brother, as his sweet voice mapped out a familiar song. It was a relatively long song, but the two were used to playing together and Bran allowed his brother to finish before giving a soft snort of happiness, taking another swig from the bottle as it was passed to him. Chocolate encased ears twitched forward as Saul's tones came, not accompanied by a taste. With a satisfied smile, he turned towards him and answer. Me ma and Uncle Em cum from Ireland, and he knew a fair bit about singin' and playin'. He taught me e'erything I know. He said, casting a glance over to his brother. Their Uncle Emeris taught them a whole lot besides how to play a guitar, most of which their mother would be horrified to learn about. It was a good job that Aracelle knew as little as possible about her boys education. What about the res'a ya? Anyone else know how ta play? He asked, brown eyes taking in each one with a friendly smile.

<style>
    #artTXT {
    font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
    font-size:13px;
    width:95%;
    margin:0px auto;
    line-height:18px;
    }
    #artTXT p {
    text-indent:50px;
    padding:0;
    margin:10px 0;
    }
    #artTXT p.sieImage {
    text-align:center;
    text-indent:0;
    font-size:11px;
    font-style:italic;
    float:left; margin:5px;
    }
    #artTXT .txtooc {
    text-align:left;
    font-size:12px;
    font-family:georgia, serif
    text-transform:none;
    line-height:16px;
    font-weight:normal; }
    #artTXT .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
    #artTXT b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
    #artTXT u { text-decoration: underline; }
    #artTXT b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
    #artTXT b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
    #artTXT b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
    </style>[/html]
    [html]

(479) Hurrr.

This little gathering of theirs was her first official birthday bash; one she gladly shared with each and every wolf surrounding the bonfire. Her memory was a little disordered at this point in time; it was hard to recall whatever had taken place many moons ago, especially under the influence of whatever it was she was currently sipping. It was fruity and pleasant to smell and taste, unlike the vodka currently being passed around. She could've smelled the clear liquid and its foulness from several miles away. Lilin wasn't a stranger to vodka and its effects, having seen Barry and Ezra under the influence more than once, in situations usually involving indecent debauchery. The times she'd found her previous landlord stumbling about aimlessly were too many, the two-toned femme couldn't have possibly kept track if she'd wanted to. His slurred speech, the bloodshot eyes; ailments definitely none too flattering!

For that reason, she preferred staying a good distance away from the glassy substance. She had something else she'd brought along with her from Hilsburn; surely such a honeyed taste could not be deceitful, her bottle's content was like a fruity explosion in her mouth. She was loving it and for the first time in a while now, Lilin found herself slowly letting go of her insecurities. The wine bottle was nestled safely within her grasp and while the boys all shared that awful booze, her paw pads were stuck to her treasure like glue. Her sitting position mimicked Niernan's, as she too preferred to use the thick log as a back rest. Luckily, her usually quiet nature had not been altered by the red liquidy goodness she'd drank thus far and so she merely listened to song being played for them, receivers twitching lightly with the highs and lows of Bran's guitar strumming and Niernan's accompanying voice.

She couldn't quite understand the lyrics; all that talk of pistols, armies and rapiers made little sense to her but she did quite enjoy the chorus, as funny sounding as it was. An uncharacteristic giggle passed her lips with the last "dumma do damma da whack" and surprisingly, the Soulstorm heir found herself singing along meekly. As the tune came to an end, Lilin politely released her grip on her wine bottle and brought her hands together in consecutive claps; applauding the brothers' performances. She allowed her head to tilt ever so slightly at the sound of Saul's inquiry; meeting the piercing verdancy of his irises through the flames. She didn't know whether it was the fire's proximity, the drink in her hands, or his presence that contributed to the heat radiating from her entire face. Luckily, Bran's rhetorical response was enough to redirect her attention. Lilin shook her head then, indicating that she knew nothing of music in general and certainly nothing about playing an instrument. "Not me."

<style type="text/css">
    #lillin-1 .txtooc {
    font-family:arial, serif;
    #lillin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
    #lillin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
    #lillin-1 u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
    #lillin-1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
    #lillin-1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
    #lillin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:80%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ijCRS.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 80px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
    </style>
    [/html]
    [html]

open posting peoples, no need to wait for anyone, just go for it!

The rough melody of the guitar in Bran's expert hands was soothing to Saul, although he could feel an envious bubble rising. He hadn't had the opportunity to learn anything to do with musical instruments, aside from the harp that he'd found on the beaches of Dahlia de Mai. Since finding the instrument, he hadn't ever used it and thought it would be a good thing to trade. It had been his bad luck that he'd forgotten the instrument when he'd been trading at the winter festival, although he'd managed to find a way to get everything he needed from the limited trading items he had. His errant thought about the harp that he still had with him, cinnamon backed ears flashed forward as words formed a song, winding and harmonising with the strumming notes coming from Bran's guitar. Saul's slightly glazed eyes moved over the brothers faces as the sang, before a movement to their left caused him to look over at Lilin.

She appeared to sway slightly from her vantage on the floor, the bottle of wine clutched possessively in her hands resting on her lap. He didn't know how much she'd drunk, but the unfocused look in her eyes, accompanied by the attempt to sing along with the chorus that she most probably didn't know, caused humour to rise in his chest, a gentle snort echoing from him. He didn't know how much he'd drunk, but an empty bottle lay close to Bran's left thigh and therefore the four of them had probably drunk about a quarter of a bottle of vodka each, and they'd started on the second bottle. It was going to turn into a messy night, that was a certainty. As their song wound to an end, Saul watched as Lilin tentatively raised her hands from her bottle, a delicate clap of her hands together, which Saul followed with a grin.

"A beautiful song, Niernan and Bran. You are very talented." He offered, hoping that his words hadn't come out too slurred. Bran asked a question then and Saul thought briefly to the wooden flute that had been offered to him by Shawchert, as well as the bad tune he had managed to pull from the instrument. He snorted softly, a stronger sound this time as he shook his head. Lilin managed to speak before him, confirming that she didn't know how to play a musical instrument. "Me neither- I tried a flute once, but it came out sounding awful. I found a miniature harp once as well, but I never found anyone to teach me." He chuckled, tail waving softly back and forward. The lull in their conversation probably correlated with the amount of alcohol they had consumed.

word count → 456 ;; image © Fir0002/Flagstaffotos ;; table by lin
    <style>
    .saul-owlcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
    .saul-owl b {color:#D1C2B9; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #5C4633; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
    .saul-owl {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5C4633; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
    .saul-owlinner{background-color:#9D7C5E; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... aulbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
    </style>[/html]
    [html]

[410]
    <33

Bran is by Kiri!

It was impossible for the young male to keep his fingers from dancing over the strings of the guitar, even when his brothers voice died down and the melody he had teased from the strings changed once more. He didn't have to think about what his fingers were doing- his brain moved them automatically around the instrument without him putting conscious thought into it. He did, however, strum them less passionately, effectively lowering the volume so that any answer to his question might be heard by everyone. It wouldn't be very hospitable of him to play so loud that nobody could talk over it, especially since this was a sociable gathering. Chocolate ears pricked forward as two simple words from Lilin confirmed that she didn't know how to play anything. In Bran's mind, knowing how to play an instrument was something that was a luxury, but something he relied on to shut himself off from the world. When all else failed, the soothing colours and shapes of the guitar allowed him to ignore the rest of the world, even for just a few moments.

Bran gave a soft laugh when Saul admitted that he'd had no luck with a flute. Bran himself had learnt to play the flute when he was young, but he thought it best not to rub it in his cousins face. Well, if'ya wanna know how ta play, i'll teacha. He offered with a smile in Saul and Lilin's direction. It was nice to know how to play, even if it wasn't a particularly useful skill. He allowed eyelids to close over dark brown eyes, strumming against the strings for a moment, before an idea popped into his mind. With a sly look around, he spotted the empty bottle that he'd placed by his leg a little while ago when he'd finished off the bottle. With a mischevious grin, he tossed the bottle in the air, catching it expertly even if he was a little drunk.

Anyone up fer a game o' truth or dare? He asked, giving each a grin before placing the bottle sideways on the floor. With an expert twist of his hand, he spun the bottle, a fast spin that could end up anywhere. As it slowly swung to a stop, he gave a delighted 'whoop' when it pointed towards his brother. So, Nier.. What'll it be? Truth or Dare?" He asked, eyebrows wiggling cheekily as he waited for his brothers decision.

<style>
    #artTXT {
    font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
    font-size:13px;
    width:95%;
    margin:0px auto;
    line-height:18px;
    }
    #artTXT p {
    text-indent:50px;
    padding:0;
    margin:10px 0;
    }
    #artTXT p.sieImage {
    text-align:center;
    text-indent:0;
    font-size:11px;
    float:left; margin:5px;
    }
    #artTXT .txtooc {
    font-family:georgia, serif
    line-height:16px;
    #artTXT .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
    #artTXT b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
    #artTXT u { text-decoration: underline; }
    #artTXT b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
    #artTXT b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
    #artTXT b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
    </style>[/html]
    [html]
    GAH! Writers block again! What is wrong with me? / Pathetic, that's what this word count is.

Nier chuckled as Saul and Lilin admitted to having no musical luck, he grinned and admitted Ah, I've no talent for the music either. Bran got all of those genes, but I got all the brains, so that's all that matters. He laughed loudly and gave Bran a crooked grin, expecting a clout from his brother. As he was looking up at Brans face he caught the mischievous twinkle in his brothers glittering eyes.

Nier instinctively ducked as Bran hefted the empty bottle in his hands and sighed with relief as he posed the familiar game. They had played this at home in the Solbjorg valley, teasing their sister for being a wuss for always choosing truth over dare. He gazed around the ring of friends a smirk pulling at his lips until the bottle neck fell on him. He shot his brother a warning look, he knew that Bran had so much against him, but he was also terrified of any dare that Bran may throw his way; his brother had a wicked sense of humour.

He flicked his eyes back to the bottle and then let them circle the people around the fire one more time before sighing deeply and letting a challenging grin settle on his muzzle. His white teeth sparkled in the firelight as he vocalised his choice; Lay a dare on me, brother.

<style type="text/css">
    .naiot2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b79365; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #201404; }
    .naiot2 {margin:0 auto; width:520px; background-color:#614934; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TGzCs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cbb69a; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
    </style>
    [/html]
    [html]

as Elkie has not yet picked Bran up, and I don't want this thread to just wither and die, I'm going to NPC him in this post, and then she can carry on posting when she does pick him up!

The sincere offer from his cousin made him smile softly, a non-committal dip of his head that neither said that he was interested, but acknowledged the males offer. The tip of his tail gave a soft wag, pleased that they were beginning to function as a family, even if they had no technical home yet. Ever since he'd left Ichika, there had been a certain need to create something of his own, claim a land, make it his own. Perhaps, with the family he had created here, he would achieve that someday soon. His thoughts turned inward, as they so often did, his lips stinging softly from the vodka that passed through them. They were beginning to see the bottom of their second bottle and Saul knew that if he had much more, he was going to seriously regret it in the morning. A soft snort escaped him as Niernan proclaimed to have received all of the brains, whilst Bran inherited the musical gene. He enjoyed the banter between the brothers, it was pleasant most of the time.

Of course, Bran had other ideas and in a dizzying movement, snatched the bottle by his legs. There wasn't a clear area between them- the fire was the focal point of their gathering. However, the area in front of Bran was clear enough for him to lay the bottle on its side, sending it into a kaleidoscope of swirls that caused a wave of nausea to wash through Saul when he looked at it closely. He almost didn't hear his cousins words as he proclaimed that they would be playing a game of truth or dare, and this time his stomach truly did flip. What if they asked him something he couldn't answer? What if they dared him to do something embarressing. He couldn't help the grin that washed over his face as the neck of the bottle pointed towards Niernan, who happily accepted a dare from his brother. They were certainly braver than he was.

Bran gave a dark chuckle, rolling his shoulders and cracking his neck as if to ready himself for a fight, before he laid steepled fingers on his chin and fixing his brother with an unwavering stare. It would have been intimidating to anyone but his family, and the little grin on his lips was another indicator that the cogs were turning in his brain. Saul leaned forward unconsciously, hands braced on his thighs. His gaze couldn't help but stray to the deep blue that was all Lilin. Inside, he was arguing with himself- he should go and sit with her or something, but outwardly he remained in place, enjoying the heated glances over the fire that the two shared. He almost missed the little intake of breath as Bran opened his mouth, Niernan's fate on the tip of his tongue.

"I dare ya't lick Saul's toe"

His voice rang in Saul's ear, a softly but progressively stronger bubble rising in his throat and escaping as a giggle. In his drunken state, he didn't think about the hygiene issues, and with a deep chuckle, extended his right footpaw towards Niernan, wiggling clawed toes to see if the male would back down from the challenge laid down by his brother.

word count → 542 ;; image © Fir0002/Flagstaffotos ;; table by lin
    <style>
    </style>[/html]
    [html]
    Wow, Niernan's a clutz when he's drunk. / 383!

Niernan waited with baited breath, he caught Sauls barely contained excitement and couldn't help gigglling himself. His eyes found Brans caramel and white face, his cyan eyes meeting Brans red-brown in a confident and challenging stare. He grinned at his brother, waiting for his dare. He carried on grinning as Bran inhaled and revealed his dare.

Niernan roared with laughter as he Bran spoke, he laughed even harder as he looked over to Saul. He had expected his rather proper cousin to cringe from the unhygienic dare, but all he could see was Sauls smirk and the white footpaw that was stretched out towards him. He shrugged and gave Bran a look, Not your best dare brother. His gaze drifted back to Sauls paw, he was now wiggling his toes and Niernan couldn't help but laugh again.

He tried to stand to move over to Saul but as he raised himself to his knees the world started to spin, he shook his head to clear the dizziness and sank back to all fours, resorting to crawling over to his cousin. He giggled as he felt his tail wagging on its own as he crawled on his hand-paws and knees, he could hear Bran laughing at him already, his brothers musical laughter ringing around the clearing.

Niernan licked his lips comically and winked at Saul before flicking his pink tongue over the rough black pad of one of Sauls toes. He sat back and grinned at Bran, Mmmmm, tastes like chicken. He giggled. Niernan decided that he no longer wanted to sit next to his brother and set up camp on the dirt next to Saul. It wasn't at all because the world still spun wildly every time he tried to move, not at all. He reached over to the bottle, loudly and proudly proclaiming my turn!

With a skillful flick of his wrist he sent the bottle spinning, he tried to follow the spins of the bottle, but he ended up falling back against the log from the way the world span. He pretended that he wasn't dizzy, only that he was relaxing against the log, trying to save at least a little face. He grinned up at Saul as the bottle came to rest on his grey cousin. Ah! Look at that! Troot' or dare Saul?

<style type="text/css">
    </style>
    [/html]
    [html]

have fuuuun

He didn't know how Niernan would react to the prospect of licking his toe, but the roar of laughter made Saul laugh too, a belly-shaking laugh that lasted only a few moments but was enough to purvey his amusement at the situation at hand. His cousins rich voice came once, directed at his brother, as Niernan accused Bran of slacking in the dare department. Snorting softly, Saul watched as Niernan attempted to stand, the sway of his body testament to the intoxication in his body. He decided that crawling along the floor would be a sufficient mode of transport and Saul rested his heel on the ground until his cousin had covered enough ground to reach his toe. With a smirk at the teasing way with which Niernan licked his lips, Saul raised his leg once more, holding his toe out before his cousin's salmon tongue flashed out and scraped along his toe.

Despite his best efforts, the male couldn't help the roll of his stomach and he coughed softly to keep himself from throwing up. He didn't think he would have had a problem with it until his cousins tongue had been too close to escape. The slimy stripe on his toe flared like a neon sign and Saul replaced his foot on the ground, subtly rubbing it against the dirt to stop the feeling from taking over him. He glanced down as Niernan settled on the ground beside him, clearly having decided that the journey back was too much to bear. Saul snorted, a soft clap of his hand on his cousins shoulder something supportive before the man proclaimed it to be his turn, leaning over the retrieve the bottle. Nerves settled in his stomach and he took a breath as the bottle span, getting slower and slower until the neck of the bottle pointed clearly towards his toes. Niernan spoke, although Saul wasn't entirely sure what he said.

His mouth went dry, trying to think of all the possibilities. If he went for a dare, his cousin could really make a fool of him, in front of Lilin as well. If he went for a truth, he might not be able to answer the question. Although there was always the forfeit option, which would undoubtably be worse for him. Green eyes squeezed shut once, before he allowed a word to slip through his jaws, cringing deeply. "Dare."

word count → 400 ;; image © Fir0002/Flagstaffotos ;; table by lin
    <style>
    </style>[/html]
    [html]
    Nier is a derp, and in trouble. / 447

Nier appreciated the comforting paw that Saul had laid on his shoulder when he had settled down next to his log, it had helped in steadying him, but it hadn't stopped Niernan from giving his cousin a devious grin. He chuckled quietly as he watched Sauls face as he ran through the options, he pictured little cogs turning in Sauls mind, running over all the possibilities. The black and tan wolf flicked his azure eyes to Lilin for a second, then back to Saul, judging just what he could get away with, before raising his eyes to the night sky and sighing; he couldn't do that to Saul, or Lilin, he liked them too much. He glanced over at Lilin again; he was also scared that the two-toned female would eat Ciaran if he pissed her off too much.

A whoop of excitement escaped Niernans lips as Saul timidly chose a dare. Niernan found great amusement in the moment that Saul took to steel himself, the closing of the eyes caused a smirk to creep across Nier's muzzle. Ah, I won't do any'fin ta hurt ye, Saul. Ya just gotta..... Nier trailed off, looking around the clearing for inspiration. He could tell that his Irish accent was becoming stronger and stronger as he got drunker. He was also aware that it might be a bit hard to understand, but at that moment he hardly cared. He sucked air in through his teeth and racked his brains as he thought, his alcoholl soaked brain struggling to run through its mental file of appropriate dares.

He looked across the fire and saw two refective disks shining green at him, he smiled and discreetly clicked his fingers, calling his dark cat over to him. He grinned up at Saul as Ciaran rubbed his furred head against his thigh. Niernan gently pulled Ciaran up to his chest and gave him a quick nuzzle before holding him up proudly and announcing Ya haff'ta kiss Ciaran! Nier couldn't stop the gigges that escaped him, he glanced over to his brother, seeing Brans face of disgust. For him the concept of kissing a cat was awful, but then a grin spread across his carame and white face, the glint of mischief strong in his mahogany eyes.

Nier switched his gaze back to Saul, waiting for his response, his tail wagging idiotically, his knees grinding into the dirt, steadying himself as much as possible. His pink tongue flopped out of the side of his mouth as he grinned, making him look a little like a mad idiot. Niernan was oblivious to Ciarans furious tail flicks and the look of resignation that had set itself on the cats face.

<style type="text/css">
    </style>
    [/html]
    [html]

omnomnom

The word slipped from his lips, his face clenched unhappily at the prospect. Of course, he had been more than up for this game when the spotlight was not directed at him, but when the neck of the bottle had settled towards his own paws, Saul had felt the anxiety twist his stomach immediately. He didn't want to make a fool out of himself, but at the same time he had no desire to admit to something that could damage the equilibrium of their little camp. Cinnamon backed ears twitched, catching the slurred and almost intelligible words that came from Niernan's mouth. Saul snorted, playfully attempting to push his cousins muzzle away as his brain sorted out the words and translated them into something a little easier to understand. He was glad he cousin wasn't the type to deliberately make another uncomfortable.

"Thanks Nier.."

He mumbled softly in return, before his black and tan cousin's posture changed. He hadn't seen the cat around since the pair had arrived and at Niernan's subtle click, the dark cat came trotting towards him. Saul smiled, glad that nothing had happened to the dark cat. As he approached Niernan and climbed onto his lap, Saul chuckled softly. He should have known that the feline would turn up sooner rather than later. The cat was lifted in the air however and Saul glanced down at Niernan before he declared that he would have to kiss the cat. His nose wrinkled softly, before he gave a good natured chuckle and leaned forward. Without thinking too much into it, he flicked his tongue out and licked up the cats face, earning a disgruntled yowl from the animal before Saul retreated once more. With a splutter, he wiped the fur from his tongue. "Urg, thats disgusting!" He exclaimed, huffing air through his nose in agitation.

He couldn't keep up the act for long however and he reached over for the bottle. Parts of his hoped it wouldn't land on Lilin, but with the way things were going it seemed it was almost fate. The neck of the bottle pointed clearly to her dual toned body and Saul tensed. "Lili... Truth or Dare?" He asked, injecting a teasing tone to his voice and a challenge in there to make sure that she didn't back down.

word count → 386 ;; image © Fir0002/Flagstaffotos ;; table by lin
    <style>
    </style>[/html]
    [html]my sincerest apologies for the delay. >_> I hate college. Thanks for inviting me, you guys! I don’t know if secuis can use lighters…. But… let’s just say he can? XD

Since Hilsburn dissolved, it had almost seemed like Ezra had forgotten how to interact with his comrades. Not that he didn’t want to, of course, he just seemed to be in another world comprised of only Eli and himself The secui hybrid had followed his Stormbringer friend to meet all the relatives, and happily made their acquaintance. The husky introduced himself and his ruby son, who said hello and promptly ran off somewhere to meet up with his newfound friends. “Boys,” he said to Saul, chuckling. Ezra had been pleased to see his son go out of his way to become friends with the other pups that were in the group.

The bottle had been handed to him, and he gladly drank it deeply. The vodka had never bothered him, in fact he quite enjoyed the burn it left down his throat. Not wanting to drink all of it, he handed the bottle back to Saul after a few more swigs. As he waited for inebriation to take over, he sat back and watched the group interact. The secui wagged his tail occasionally, listening to the banter and the song that was performed. He looked over to Lilin and Saul, and smiled. He may have been soft-spoken, but it didn’t mean he wasn’t having fun.

The group turned to truth or dare. It wasn’t exactly the sort of thing he expected to be included in, so the hybrid finally lay on the ground, intending to lounge for the rest of the night. He remembered his little present, however, and took it out of his
    satchel with a black lighter. The joint was one of very few left he had from Hillsburn but this was a celebration, and Ezra had nothing else to offer his friends. The end lit quickly and he inhaled deeply, relishing in his favorite vice.

“Anyone else want any?” the wolf-dog asked after what must have been an hour of silence. He smiled, his tail thumping against the dirt happily.

[/html]
    [html]

(366) --

There was nothing surprising about the direction in which their aimless conversation had deflected. It would have been the same thing back in Hilsburn. Living in a communal area with several men often triggered little episodes of farce and debauchery. She had learned to live with it and she even embraced the jovial atmosphere often brought about by her testosterone-filled comrades. The mischief in Bran's expressive eyes hadn't gone unnoticed, even with the glossy brume already blurring her vision. Their antics were well appreciated, coaxing the occasional smirk and light-headed giggle out of her: the way Saul had teasingly wiggled the bait before their cousin, and the way Niernan had so generously showered his toe with slobber had made her cringe momentarily. Saul was someone who, much like her, valued personal hygiene. Surely there was a hidden part of him still reeling from the act.

Then came Niernan's time to shine and another opportunity to torture Saul presented itself. Lilin's eyes went wide and she sputtered her drink uncontrollably when her cousin's feline companion was brought to eye level with their game's current victim. She wasn't sure who was deserving of more compassion; Saul or Ciaran. Perhaps said compassion should have been directed at herself for losing her first kiss to a cat. There was a subtle diversion in her mediterranean orbs then; while she wasn't particularly offended by the act nor the dare in itself, she simply could not help but look away. It was only when Saul's indignation rang clear and grimaces accompanied his shenanigans that she looked back, allowing an oddly satisfied smirk to spread on her lips. Her smirk was wiped off rather quickly though, as fate would have it. The bottle neck settled on her next; she was backed into a corner and there was no way out. While a cautious part of her wanted to choose the easier way out, her mouth had already parted with a ''Dare.'' Apparently, alcohol made people do things they would not normally do. A polite shake of her head was given in response to Ezra's invitation, refusing the joint. She was still not keen on the suffocating feeling she got whenever in contact with smoke.

<style type="text/css">
    #lillin-1 .txtooc {
    #lillin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
    #lillin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
    #lillin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:80%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ijCRS.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 80px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
    </style>
    [/html]
    [html]

omnomnom

The black and white secui sat in the corner of their little gathering, remaining silent but watchful over them. He spoke sparingly, partaking in his fair share of the alcohol that was passed around eagerly. Their sons had left the scene a while ago, the two boys eager to get away from the group of adults who wouldn't play with them. They might have been able to convince Bran or Niernan to come and play, but Bran seemed glued to the bottle and Niernan was more than happy to allow Saul and Ezra to assert some authority over their respective child. The flash of Lilin's eyes, always watched by Saul's own greens, was another reason it was a bonus for Temeraire to be tucked in bed- he couldn't look away from them even when he knew she'd seen him looking, so his sons want for attention would have been sidelined for the night. It wouldn't have been fair on either of them. His tongue still felt like it had hair on it- he ducked down to wipe his tongue on the relatively clean material of his shorts, missing Lilin's uncomfortable and tense expression. He straightened in time for her satisfied smirk however, a soft frown sent her way as if to ask her what she was smug about.

It would have to wait however, the smirk was gone as soon as the neck of the bottle pointed towards her. He snorted, a brief blow of his air through his nostrils as she thought about her option. He was certain she would have chosen Truth- she certainly wasn't one to make a fool out of herself in a sober situation. The alcohol must have loosened her inhibitions however and before he could process it, 'Dare' had slipped from her lips. His own mouth dropped open for a moment, green eyes fixed on hers. He could make her do almost anything, and he thought she would probably do what he asked of her. He snapped his mouth closed, leaning forward almost seductively and resting his elbows on his thighs, chin in his hands. What on earth was he going to dare her to do? He could make her come and sit on his lap, but that was a bit of a lame dare.

"I dare you to dance." He stated simply, a wicked grin spreading over his lips. Bran seemed to pick up on the guitar, a sultry tune thrummed from the strings. He turned back to Lilin, green eyes filled with challenge, his smile teasing. Would she fall for the bait and dance for him? He hoped so.

word count → 438 ;; image © Fir0002/Flagstaffotos ;; table by lin
    <style>
    </style>[/html]
    [html]

(641) derplilin for ya'll.

Perhaps she hadn't fully weighed the pros and cons of the decision she'd just taken. Some thought had gone into it but she hadn't quite understood the ampleur of Saul's power until his dare mercilessly sent her pomposity back where it had come from. Dance? Her desire to keep up with the boys had definitely landed her in hot water. Lilin had greatly underestimated her opponent and, at this point, could do nothing but oblige and give him proper credit for finding the one thing she'd consider backing away from. She could have kissed a toad, eaten just about anything or even exchanged clothes with one of the boys; but dancing, now that was just absurb! The group's attention had shifted to her immediately, making her feel a little too self-conscious for comfort.

Her hands were brought to her cheeks, shielding the lower part of her face from the unwanted audience. "Fine," she muttered, enslaved by the unwritten contract she'd verbally agreed to a few moments prior. It was darn a good thing looks couldn't kill because those Mediterranean blue irises of hers were shooting daggers at Saul from across the fire. Bran's casual strumming had changed into a slow, spellbinding melody that resembled nothing they had sung on this night thus far. While her cousins and their complicity was unnerving at that very moment, she couldn't help but notice the same familiarity influencing the entirety of their gathering on an every day basis. It was a beautiful thing.

Her ability to stand did not come as easily as it would normally have, but she did so with relative ease compared to the level of intoxication she would face later on. She hesitated momentarily, debating where she should position herself for the show. Common sense told her to stay rooted in place though; displaying a preference for Saul under the scrutinizing gaze of her family was a bad idea. Her very first moves brought on a sense of amateurishness paired with concealed embarrassment but before long, Bran's song became faint vibrations and the Soulstorm heir's hips were gently swaying to her own eclectic beat. Her vision was blurred by the flames before her, distorting the bodies of those celebrating along with her.

She was lost in a world of her own. It was easier to pretend it was Saul alone sitting before her. Both of her arms arched above her head, elbows angling the cascade of curls framing her dichotomous face. Lilin's fingers shamelessly ran through her wavy mane; her routine picking up and dropping with the beat of Bran's guitar. There was something oddly soothing about this moment; every step taken and every shift of her body conjoined harmoniously with the music and every so often, she would dare a glance in his direction. She owed most of it to the winter festival; her rendezvous with Saul and her amplified knowledge of dance and its components.

The song didn't last as long as she had foreseen, thankfully enough. The sounds of Bran's guitar faded with a natural diminuendo and Lilin mockingly bowed out of the spotlight, allowing her arms to drop to her side. She made her way to Saul then, growling a low warning as her fingers closed around the empty vodka bottle they'd been using to play their game. There wasn't much distance between his seating area and hers but somewhere in between, the bottle slipped from her grasp and landed rather ungracefully on the floor. It cracked then, in the one place where it shouldn't have. The neck of the bottle found itself separated from the rest of the container before Lilin could even react. "Oops. I'm sorry," she blurted uselessly, dropping to her knees after a mild bout of dizziness. They could always pour another bottle's contents on the floor if they still wanted to play.

<style type="text/css">
    #lillin-1 .txtooc {
    </style>
    [/html]
    [html]
    Nier should totally be gay the way he acts sometimes... What a derp! / 782!

Glazed cyan eyes followed every move the two-toned female made, the tune that his brother was strumming in the guitar was soothing and he found himself letting out little contented hums every now and then. He watched as Lilin rose to her feet with a degree of stability that he knew that he lacked at that exact moment in time. He cheered drunkenly as she started to sway but soon he was staring, eyes following the curve of her hips and his mouth agape. He knew that she had her sights fixed firmly on Saul, but he was intoxicated beyond caring at that moment.

Watching Lilin dance, especially how she seemed to aim all of her moves at Saul without taking a step towards the grey man, made Niernan hunger for physical contact. He glanced up at Saul, while he knew that they were already close their relationship was still growing. Nier was comfortable hugging the man and providing playful pokes, prods and pats, but they were nowhere near the level of intimacy that Nier was looking for right now. He paused in his thoughts for a moment and thought over what he was thinking. This is new, getting all clingy. What brought this on? Lilin or the alcohol? Or both? Niernan frowned cutely, just a little wrinkling of the fur above his eyes and gave his head a little shake, Daft bugger, stop overthinking things; you're drunk! Just go with it.

With that thought leaving his mind clear of all worry causing thoughts he watched Lilin, still amazed by her beauty but now not so entranced. Her dance finished with a mocking bow and Niernan provided a playful whoop and plenty of applause. As she walked purposefully towards Saul Niernan let his eyes widen, surely she wasn't going to... Not right here? He shuffled away for his own comfort but let out a sigh of relief as he caught her growled warning and watched her stoop to scoop up the glass bottle at Sauls paws. Her flounce back to her seat would have been much more effective had she not dropped the bottle.

Nier heard the loud crack! The glass made as the bottle hit the floor. He raised himself slightly to look at the bottle and guffawed as he saw that the neck of the bottle had come clean off, leaving a little jagged edge of broken glass where their pointer had been. He didn't collapse back to earth quite yet, his gaze shifting to Bran, noticing that his brother had put down his guitar and was giggling himself.

Nier let his tail stir the dirt underneath him, wiggling his behind slightly, gearing for the pounce. Bran looked away and Niernan seized his chance, launching himself at his brother and toppling him from his seat. A playful growl ripped itself from Niers throat as he roughhoused with his brother. The sudden end to the bottle and thus the game, had given Niernan a chance to get the physical contact he was craving, even if he had to tackle his brother to get it.

It transpired that Bran was quite a bit more intoxicated than his brother, and Niernan was well aware that while drunk Brans colours, tastes and sounds were absent, therefore he had no early warning system like he usually did, which was why Bran had so rapidly disappeared behind his log seat when Nier had launched himself. It was also why Nier was now able to sit on Bran without much competition, his butt planted firmly on Brans well muscled chest. He giggled at Brans feeble attempts to move, enjoying this while he could as he knew that Bran would remember this and would get him back for it as soon as he was sober.

Bran coughed underneath Niernans weight and muttered "Brother, do ya think ya can get offa me chest now? I kinda need it to breath." Niernan chuckled and paused, wiggling his butt so that the bones rubbed uncomfortably against his brothers chest, knowing that the caramel wolf hated it Ah sure brother, Ya should have said sooner. He removed himself from his brothers chest and made sure to give him a playful kick on the way up, stealing his spot on the log, forcing Bran to either sit on him if he wanted his spot back or sit next to him. Bran chose to simply push his brother along the log so he could reclaim his seat. Niernan winced as he bumped over a knot in the wood. Once they were both settled Nier glanced around at their friends, What's next then? His Irish accent now incredibly strong and slurred from the alcohol consumption, his cerulean gaze also quite unsteady.

<style type="text/css">
    </style>
    [/html]
    [html]

omnomnom

He didn't know what he expected, his eyebrow still raised in challenge, a teasing grin on his face as he looked across at her, wondering what she was thinking. In fact, she looked a little mortified and his facial expression faltered. Had he made the right choice? He had no idea. Green eyes softened, probing gently at her to try and silently apologise and tell her that she could back out if she wanted. There were a million things she could do to get out of it- fainting or vomitting were probably on the top of the list. He should have known her better than that though- while the lower half of her face was covered with her hands, he clearly heard the uttered agreement that she would partake in this little dare of his. His heart beat picked up, a swift kick of adrenaline to his bloodstream that caused an excited smile to wash over his face. Of course, the daggers sent his way were brushed aside- she would forgive him for this, he was sure of it. Bran's fingers strummed the guitar excellently, changing the tune from something light and conversational to a darker, sultry melody. A glare was sent his cousins way, before green eyes were drawn back to the lithe body, raising up from the ground with surprising steadiness.

He looked at her expectantly, green eyes shining in the firelight as he saw her own darting around the small clearing. Perhaps she was deciding where to stand for this little show of hers- he fervently hoped that she would approach him, stand in front of him, dance only for him. It was an irrational urge and one he tamped quickly down on, the clench in his stomach a physical reminder that the thoughts in his head weren't for the saintly. And he should have been glad that she stayed in place, away from him and his degrading thoughts, but it was impossible to stop the wave of disappointment. His body was a mess of emotions, enhanced by the alcohol and the intoxicating sight of Lilin as her hips made that first move. He was lost, drowning in the sight before him. Green eyes were as big as saucers, mouth parted just slightly, not enough to reveal his tongue, but enough to be noticeable.

She seemed to lose herself too, mediterranean eyes slightly dazed but fixed on him as well. His brain couldn't quite process the feelings rushing through him at that moment, but they were certainly all centred in one place and he shifted his legs subtly to try and distract from the fact that she was turning him on. Majorly. Her arms raised above her head, teasing through her wild locks, letting it fall against her seductively. And he was filled to the brim with absolute want for this female. His body clenched uncomfortably, a subconscious precaution to keep him in his seat. Toes tapped against the ground, fingers twitched to dig into her hips and he was trying everything he knew of to remain where he was and not up there, grinding against her. Cinnamon backed ears twitched to his right, trying to figure out why Bran's song was ending, before a furious gaze turned back to Lilin, catching her mischevious bow. Parts of him were relieved that she had stopped- he wouldn't have lasted another minute and neither of them really knew what this was between them. A larger, more inebriated part of him roared at the loss of such a sight. Emotional whiplash was never a pleasant thing to behold, especially when in ones own body. He'd been completely oblivious to everyone around him, including the bug-eyes that Niernan had been giving the object of his affection.

Oblivious, and still unable to remove his gaze from her body, he felt a shock run through his body as she took a step towards him, eyebrows furrowed as he tried to figure out what she was doing. His lap almost pulsed, arms aching to reach out and drag her down into him. He refrained, knowing that it would put both of them in an awkward situation. As she reached down and grasped the bottle, he felt his tongue flop out of his mouth, a pant racing from his body before he was able to get ahold of his reaction. He ducked, covering his face with his hands to try and gain some composure. The swoosh of the glass through the air was lost on him, but the thud and crack of the glass was not and he looked up again Lilin was on her knees, an apology having already escaped from her mouth. Saul started, getting up before dropping to the floor and gathering the sharp pieces up, away from Lilin who was liable to cut herself or something. As he turned, the flying form of his cousin caught his attention as Niernan launched himself at Bran.

This just got better and better. Still, the chuckles started as Niernan pinned his brother thoroughly to the ground, developing into full blown laughter when Nier wriggled on his brothers chest. Bran's out of breath voice came as Saul turned, wrapping the glass in a spare scrap of fur from a carcass they had devoured the other day- he would dispose of it in the morning. "Lili, are you alright? Come and sit down?" He asked, bravely patting the seat next to him, voice light and sugar sweet. The Brothers Grimm were demanding the attention and he hoped that Lilin wouldn't feel pressured. He snorted as Niernan got off of his brother, sitting in Bran's spot before being shoved up by the caramel coloured male. They were comic, that was for certain. Niernan piped up once more, asking what was next. The thought popped into his mind like a dragonfly, flitting across here and there, unable to let him catch it. With a shrug of his shoulders, Saul sat forward slightly before taking a breath.

"Bit of an errant thought here guys... but what would you say to starting a proper pack? Establishing ourselves somewhere?" He asked, green eyes glancing around to see what kind of a reaction he could gauge from his audience. Would they like that idea, or were they happy to stay here? He would find out soon enough.

word count → 1055 ;; image © Fir0002/Flagstaffotos ;; table by lin
    <style>
    </style>[/html]
    [html]

(509) --

Her actions had the desired effects on him; although still quite young and inexperienced in their game of seduction, the reason behind his fidgety and constant shift of positions told her she had to be doing something right. She hadn't quite caught Bran or Niernan's reactions to her little dance, perhaps on purpose, as she feared ridicule and humiliation even if they didn't seem like the kind of people to willingly make anyone feel ill at ease. Ezra's gaze had also been avoided, expertly so, as she recalled how readily she'd once upon a time crucified his (and Barrett's) debauchery and open displays of sexual nature. Her own actions mirrored theirs now, not quite as exceedingly but they were comparable nonetheless. It made her feel like a hypocrite to say the least. While she doubted their feelings for Sage or any other female they'd seduced were as strong and genuine as her feelings for Saul, it still didn't give her the right to condemn them.

It wasn't until she came crashing down that she finally took notice of her body's struggle to metabolise her alcohol intake; she wasn't exactly sure what the recommended amount was for a first timer, but the quantity she'd consumed thus far was undoubtedly superior. Dancing for Saul, feeling his gaze on her body, watching and yearning to reach out; it had all felt so surreal. She was, in a way, reaping the consequences of her own lasciviousness - and she regretted none of it. Saul was behind her in an instant, picking up the remains of the empty bottle resting on the floor. She could only watch him silently, struggling to find proper words to thank him before her attention diverted to her two cousins' antics. There she sat against the cold eathern ground, her ears pricked and alert - ready to scramble out of the way should their roughhousing lead in her direction. A captivating invitation finally made her stir sooner than later, beckoning her closer in such a way that she could not refuse. There was nothing graceful about her crawling and stumbling but eventually, she did arrive at destination.

The Soulstorm heir remained on the ground, where she could enjoy his closeness with minimal effort. She was perfectly content pressing her head against his leg, anything to avoid leaving the security and stability the ground had to offer. It took her quite a while to ponder the suggestion Saul had to offer, taken aback at first. Truthfully, she'd been thinking about it ever since they had left Hilsburn. She missed the security of their old residence; the routine she had, the unspoken hierarchy. It had given her life meaning and perspective. She piped up first, agreeing readily with the abstract idea of their group claiming their own piece of land. ''I'd really like that. We can't keep moving from one place to another.'' What would the others think? She knew of Ezra's sketchy experience with Cours des Miracles; she could only hope he would have no prejudice towards this concept.

<style type="text/css">
    #lillin-1 .txtooc {
    </style>
    [/html]
    [html]
    PACK! PACK! PACK! PACK! Soooooooooo Excited! / 368!

Niernan had begun a playful elbow fight with his brother, often landing a harder than expected jab in Brans ribs, making the caramel wolf grunt through his childish chuckles. Bran landed a solid thud to Niers ribs, causing the elder of the brothers to cough as all the air was expelled from his unexpectant lungs. While Nier was busy sucking air back into his lungs he noticed that Lilin had taken Saul up on his quiet and polite request, sitting beside his legs as Niernan himself had just been doing, the only difference being that Lilin leaned comfortably on Saul. A small 'aaw' escaped Nier as he watched Saul and Lilin getting all cute, he nudged Bran and subty pointed it out, jokingly cuddling into his brother. Ah, all hope is lost for us brother, we're nowhere near as cute as that. He fluttered his eyelashes at Bran who broke into loud laughter, Bran shoved Niernan playfully and they were about to launch back into another playfight when Sauls proposal stopped them.

The alcohol fueled haze that had been clouding Niernans mind suddenly vanished. A pack? That was everything he'd ever wanted. Since leaving the Solbjorg valley he had missed the sense of community. He loved travelling with Bran and Ciaran, but he wanted stability, a place to call his home. Nier let a stupid smile spread across his muzzle as he looked around at his friends around the fire, who better to start a new life with than the best friends he'd ever had. He wanted to rocket across the gap and tackle Saul with happiness, but he contented himself with bouncing slightly on his log, Ah, that would be perfect. A home for me and Bran, with family and friends. Sounds like a good plan to me cousin. He fired a gleaming grin at Saul, trying to tell the man how much he approved of this idea. Next to him his brother nodded quietly, knowing that Niers response was good enough for the both of them.

With Lili's and his and Brans answers confirmed Niernan couldn't help but look over to where Ezra, the newest arrival to their little group sprawled. He eagerly awaited the Secui's answer.

<style type="text/css">
    </style>
    [/html]